Reviews of InterContinental Phoenicia Beirut 5 stars

Minet El Hosn, 6105 Beirut, Lebanon

#19 of 140 hotels in Beirut

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Impressed .. always with room for improvements
    • Superior Queen City View

Room lighting arrangement poor-Not enough volume of light when is needed. ie dressing up, ladies'make up and men's shaving at wc. Room carpet needs replacement or better idea is to be replaced by wooden floor. Shower gel and shampoo could be better quality. Wardrobe should be bigger compared to room's size.

The bed is excellent quality and comfortable size. Towels excellent, room maide service excellent. Hotel best location. Breakfast amazing!

Nice hotel
    • Premium Sea View

The swimming pool, the sun can barley hits it + the service in the swimming pool was so bad +the staff were friendly but they make bad juices and food.

I like the location, the safety , the staff, the cleanness, decorations, spa, breakfast

great place need a little bit of more care.
    • Premium Sea View

the property needs lots of renewal, renovation & maintenance, in its current situation, shortly it'll be downgraded 2 a less-stars-standard, I hope they get what I'm trying 2 say & take it seriously.

the staff are extremely friendly and customer needs oriented, very professional.

Great hotel and location with amazing service. Swimming pool is too small and crowded.
    • Premium Sea View

The outdoor swimming pool. It was way too small for this size of hotel. My wife and I stayed in the hotel for 9 days and almost every other day we failed to find available sunbeds. One day I went to the pool really early and wanted certain sunbeds but the guy responsible for the pool said they're not available. When I asked if sunbeds can be reserved or is it first come first served and argued with him he let me take the sunbeds!! Moreover, way too many kids. More than the adults. Adults rarely go in the pool, for known reasons! The hotel desperately needs to extend the outdoor pool and also build a kids pool.

Very nice and helpful staff. Amazing concierge. Great service. Great view. Very good location. Good breakfast but too expensive. Good sized rooms.

Good hotel ..
    • Premium Sea View

The hotel price is expensive !!

I liked the pelows and the bed. The hotel location is also a plus its just across the sea. Alzaytona bay is just a few steps a way. Reception staff are welcoming and friendly. Room air conditioning is perfect. Wifi is fast unlike many other hotels around the area.

5 star guest services , too humide unlivable
    • Premium Sea View

it is so so so so humide , specialy in the room , you cannot enjoy the stay , or stay in the room, the clothes were damp , and when you lay down on the bed , your back gets wet within minutes, the seaview perfect but so noisy. we stayed out of the hotel as much as we can ,

5 star staff they are exeptional from the desk (Rayanne *) to the room cleaning lady . to the breakfast teams.

Beautiful relaxing pool area, great staff, good location,...

My room was a little bit noisy from the band in the bar at night

Beautiful relaxing pool area, great staff, good location, comfortable beds, TV movie channels

Good
    • Superior Queen City View

All was good except that the receipt was diffrent from what we have booked on the website, around 20% more, which we had to wait around 30 minutes to correct, everything else was good, very clean and quiet.

Clean, nice staff, 5 min from the airport

I liked the breakfast very much
    • Premium Sea View

During check in check in, receptionist tried to play with us. She gave us a room not facing sea as I previously booked. When I complained aggressively, I took a room facing the sea.

I liked the breakfast very much

Nice view shame about the food
    • Premium Sea View

Breakfast was not good too much fat in the bacon did not offer turkey bacon, room service food was poor and they keep using the same old shower gel in small hard to use and I’m getting bored of the small as I use IHG a lot...

Lovely view hotel was grand

The breakfast
    • Superior Queen City View

The fact that I was given a room with a back view although the hotel conformed sea and Marina view. We had to move our luggage the next day to the correct room. This could have been avoided had the hotel given us the right room from the begining.

The breakfast The staff The bed comfort

Great service, good location. I would stay there again.
    • Club InterContinental Room

I wish they opened outdoor pool even during "non-summer" season, especially when it's hot outside. While overall room was nice and clean, with balcony, I do wish mattresses were a bit firmer (or ideally Tempur-pedic). To be honest though, this is my issue with most hotels. I also with there were two vanities in the bathroom (I had executive twin room). But those are fairly minor things. I did enjoy my stay at this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Truly excellent service throughout the property. Great breakfast buffet. Convenient location. Nespresso in the room.

Nice hotel in a nice location
    • Club InterContinental Room

We were given a room that had a view on the backyard. The next day I explained that the room given was different from the specs given by booking.com The hotel immediately moved us to another room with sea and marina view. I did not like that we had to move other stuff and this could have been avoided had we been given the right room in the beginning.

The room, the bathroom, the food and the service.

Exceptional....Just marvelous Paradise...
    • Club InterContinental Room

The only things I did not like was the check point at the front door when you're in and out.... but I understand it's for the security of the guest. I think they need to be in control who is coming back and forth.

I love the location in front to the Marina bay....friendly stuffs, wonderful country and excellent welcome. I will coming back soon. The breakfast was extremely good. In this hotel you feel like you are in a paradise....Wonderful love it.... Very safe country I encourage all traveling to visit Lebanon....Its just beautiful.

Great hotel

A lil bit old

The location is amazing the the hotel is huge and well known so you don’t have to tell the taxis driver directions the staff and the service are great

Disappointing, imagine it was a good 5 star back in the day but is now 3 star maybe 4 at best

We booked a day tour from the hotel and it was awful, thought it would be a small group but we were on a coach of 45 people with half the seats broken and no safety belts! They also didn't tell us that the outdoor pool was shut for the season We asked for a non-smoking floor and the people next to us were smoking all night You are next to a very busy road that's quite noisy so ask for a room on a high floor

Comfy beds and the staff were good

Exceptional service
    • Superior King City View

The only negative point was that the view from our room was of a building site.

Exceptional staff, great location, very comfortable, good value for money

Best hotel in Lebanon, goes without saying

TV unit in the room was not functional during my 2 days stay. i had to unplug the electricity to shut it down at night.

Staff were super friendly, made the check in and out very quickly and smooth. Breakfast was amazing with the local Lebanese touch. i just loved it.

will not stay there again
    • Premium Sea View

i waited too long for the room to get ready and then i got the wrong room and had to wait even longer to get that one and there was no compensation nor serious apology etc etc. and to my dismay the bill was much higher than the one quoted by Booking.com.

Luxury with relaxation

The bed was rejoined by two single beds which made a big gap between the wall and the bed where can the bellows could have fallen down in the front edge of the bed and also between the two beds had gap after using the bed.

The hotel it self, location, staff and rich breakfast. As I was IHG member room was upgraded for sea view.

Very enjoyable. I'd stay again.
    • Superior King City View

It's not a romantic hotel unfortunately. It's very nice but it's more of a business hotel that adds family/romantic touches. I'd happily stay there again, but it's not a place I'd go to for that 'special' weekend. The restaurant is a little too clinical feeling at night. The food is however very good..

This hotel is top of the range, located in a great part of town. It's easy walking distance to the renovated old town, where you can go to the cinema, buy good chocolate, get a good meal, shop at high end shops, etc. etc. The hotel itself is modern, clean and has an interesting Lebanese feel to it. The staff are friendly and helpful. Of particular note was the restaurant for breakfast. It is a buffet style, with very much a Lebanese or Arabic feel to many of the dishes. If you eat breakfast there, you probably don't need to eat again until dinnertime. Go out of the hotel, turn right up the street and at the first set of traffic lights turn left to go to the old town. If you don't turn but keep going up the hill you will see a church on the left and, immediately after that also on the left, a good Japanese restaurant for dinner. It's a medium range restaurant but good food in easy walking distance. Other than that, ask at the hotel for a wide range of options.

My stay was mostly comfortable, and the hotel was in a fantastic location.

I was expecting to have a larger room with a comfortable chair for sitting. Your default photo on the website is of a very nice suite room. I don't like sitting on a bed during the day; therefore, a lounging chair was what I missed. For the price, I feel that one should have been in the room. Organization at breakfast was quite confusing. Tables that appeared to be available, for some reason, were not available. Another very rude guest, who obviously wanted the table where I sat down, asked me if I had booked that table. I didn't know that it was necessary or even possible. I surrendered the table, frustratingly so, and ate my breakfast while looking directly at a column in the room instead of at the wonderful sea view which I thought I had paid for.

Breakfast was very nice, as were most of the wait staff.

I would definitely stay here again

I was disappointed that the outdoor pool was not open. The indoor pool was restricted due to water aerobics classes. The indoor hot tub was limited to people 16 years and older.

The customer service was excellent.

Highly Recommended, the Hotel and the city.
    • Premium Sea View

Cross the road in front of the hotel it's a adventure, but if you are fast you will survive :). Taxis parked in the hotel are must more expensive that the normal, best call. Allo taxis work very well.

Fantastic Hotel, good location, between the corniche, the brand new down town and the Zaitunay bay. The decoration it's beautiful, making reference to the Phoenician legacy in Lebanon. breakfast is very good.

The crew the jessy and marc at the reception fatima the...
    • Superior King City View

The crew the jessy and marc at the reception fatima the housekeeper and ali the bartender they were so professional and friendly And the rest of the staff were great too

It’s was very nice

I was very disappointed in the breakfast this time. It used to be the best breakfast but not anymore. It’s very poor

I like the area the hotel is in and staff are great. The comfort of the rooms.

A great stay and an honour to experience the Phoenicia Beirut story
    • Superior King City View

The only downside is the champagne served in the restaurant was warm and completely flat and sour (even the second glass after I sent the first one back), and there is no electrical power near the bed for chargers. Fix these two and it's the best hotel in the world.

Great hotel with an epic history. It lived up to expectations, especially because of the staff, who are the kindest and best of any hotel I've stayed in, which must number well into the hundreds.

I enjoyed the one night stay, please maintian the continuous improvment and keep up the good work
    • Premium Sea View

Room lightening would need to be improved. I propose having a light dimmer for those who prefer lighting regulation

Overall hotel team, services and facilities.

Incredible location.
    • Superior King City View

Slightly dated, but well maintained.

Incredible location. Right across the street from Zaytunay bay. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Clean rooms. Great facilities available.

Good one
    • Superior King City View

Vallet parking fees is the thing which bothered me, all hotels around the world do not charge fees for the vallet parking

Staff, room interior, location of the facility

I paid a lot for four days and stayed few hours in the hotel.
    • Superior King City View

I paid a lot for four days and stayed few hours in the hotel. Because of the situation , the embassy sent after us to leave. I was not refunded . I cannot evaluate the hotel

It's pleasant to stay in this hotel
    • Premium Sea View

I didn't like the swimming pool, it was very difficult to cross the roads around the hotel

The view from the room, room area, the breakfast was amazing and perfect location

The shower has small space.
    • Premium Sea View

The shower has small space. Also the entrance of the room has tiny corridor. Even the service car for the dinner was not able to pass from via corridor to the living space of the room. ant the hotel price is expensive according the same scale of hotels in the similar cities.

Overpriced hotel - no value for money
    • Superior Queen City View

See below the view from my room. I assume it's because I booked through booking.com and not through hotel directly. Hotel is significantly overpriced, I paid around 300 usd/night but I noticed in previous trips this hotel can go as high as 400 usd/night. That's just ridiculous, there's absolutely nothing in this hotel to justify more than 200 usd/night

Exceptional Hotel
    • Club InterContinental Room

I don't recommend Pace & Lucci hairdresser at the hotel at all. The staffs are very rude, towels are smelly, fee can vary from client to client for the same service the minute they discover that you are living abroad. I felt sorry for them.

Everything, from staffs to accommodation to location. Phoenician Hotel is beyond description with its outstanding service and quality. Abdul Qadder & Rabbih were amazing at the front desk reception. Mainly, every staff contributed to make my 7 nights stay adorable versus the staffs of Four Seasons who acted very unprofessional and cold in my previous trip to Beirut. Bravo Phoenicia.

Last stay at Phoenicia Beirut
    • Premium Sea View

Room assigned was the worse. When we complained the reply was even worse!! This is what you get for not booking direct with the hotel!! Rooms & Bathrooms are old. Service is not up to intercontinental standards.

The weather and the last minute incident did not help!!
    • Club InterContinental Room

Someone took some of my wife's belonging while we were out and was returned after we complained to the safe box while we were in the room and they claimed that we did not know how to search the safe box properly which was not the case. There is too much noise from the street and especially late at night. The sound insulation could have been better.

The property was kept up in general and the equipment was well maintained.

Size of the room and the view

The location of the hotel was excellent but the size of the room was a bit small for a standard room and the city view was so bad.the sirvece was very good.

Everything about the stay was amazing.

Everything about the stay was amazing. From the beautiful decor and architecture to the beautifully friendly and helpful staff. The buffet breakfast was sublime and very comprehensive. The dinner buffet was also great. I used the gym and spa facilities daily, new, clean and everything you need all in the once place. With respect to the location, my mother and I walked everywhere. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

All was perfect

I didn't like only one thing they charge different price for one king bed or if u want to have 2 single bed which is I didn't see this in other 5 star hotel

All was perfect

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great one night stay but need a little help in the office.
    • Superior Queen City View

Having been delayed by a flight for one hour and I arrived after 1 AM, I needed a wake up call for an early morning meeting. When I talked with the responsible party after requesting a 7 AM wake up call, he volunteered to follow up with a five minute call, which I agreed to; however, I woke up on my own at 7:40 without any call. To top it off, today I received in my email a thank you note from the Phoenicia Hotel addressed to the wrong person.

The bed linens were comfortable and the pillow had just the right amount of filling.

Best service in the region!!!
    • Premium Sea View

Nothing all good, will definitey return

Staff, Staff and to make it absolutely clear the staff. Everything else doesn't matter when the people greeting your genuinely want you to have a comfortable stay..

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Location, room and breakfast were all perfect.
    • Superior Queen City View

the staff were uninformed, slow and kept referring to me as a Mr. Its like they aren't used to seeing a woman on her own with her daughter..

Location, room and breakfast were all perfect..

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

superb location

the location is superb, the staff were very friendly (i had the don't disturb sign the whole day by mistake and when i came back some senior staff came to my room to check if everything was OK and if we had any problems), and the room was quite big.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The front desk staff was very helpful in correcting the...
    • Premium Sea View

The concierge made two mistakes, but later the front desk staff and the management made up for it. Overall experience was still very positive.

The front desk staff was very helpful in correcting the mistakes of the concierge!

Fast Internet, friendly staff, best breakfast buffet .
    • Premium Sea View

Altho I was going too give reception top rating. Check-out lady begged me to do so, cuz that will help the staff too much.

Fast Internet, friendly staff, best breakfast buffet .

Fantastic location
    • Superior King City View

Poor lighting in the room. Understand the mood that was attemptes to create however additional light if needed should be there. Really hard "to pack in darkness "

Proximity to airport Excellent location

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

It's just perfect, and the hotel furniture and carpet...

Every things

It's just perfect, and the hotel furniture and carpet over all the room and the hotel looks still new . If you have been in this hotel long time , it's will look like the same to you....

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Amazing location and very friendly staff.
    • Premium Sea View

My reservation that i made through Booking.com was not found on their system but front office manager helped out with a new reservation although the place were fully booked and gave us the same rate.

Amazing location and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Not worth the price
    • Superior King City View

Very overpriced and I really hate these additional costs like city taxes and service charge. A hotel that uses hidden costs is a cheap and disgusting hotel. Wifi is aweful and very very slow. Can't stream a youtube video and its 2017 out there.

Good location and nice staff

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Good and could be improved
    • Superior King City View

Although Staff were very dedicated, they needed extra training for the quality of the Hotel. The Hotel is also lacking shuttle service from the Airport to the Hotel. This was reported to the Manager Mr.Schneider.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

New year holiday in Phoenicia

First I had room to the back city view it was not nice view seeing the damaged building cased by war. Then when we had the chance to change the room to sea view it was a great stay

The spa the gym swming pole lobby breakfast buffet Christmas decoration

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Good choice, but...

The only thing that is still disappointing me about this hotel is that up until today, a month after my check out, the amount of money ( 623,89 EUR!!!) they withheld from my credit card as a 'precaution' is still being withheld, and although i have more than once contacted them on the matter and they had assured me that maximum a week after my checkout the amount would be released, still this amount appears withheld on my credit card account. Very frustrating! Still no solution!

This a very nice option to stay at while in Beirut. Very comfortable rooms, nice staff, good breakfast, safe neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

A good hotel in need of a plumber

The shower in my room was broken (no hot water) and was not attended to during the 4 days of my stay.

A very good hotel in a good location, adequate restaurants and facilities which surely are better enjoyed in the high season. The staff are friendly, the rooms appropriately furnished for a 5 star category hotel the Phoenicia is.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Excellent Business Hotel with all the ammenities to also delight leisure travelers.
    • Superior Queen City View

The breakfast is sumptuous but very costly at 39$ per person. For a business traveler who wants to stop for a quick meal before work, it is too expensive for a small quick meal and coffee.

There is nothing about this hotel NOT to love. This is the hotel of choice for business travelers who want to have convenience, security, comfort and any services that are needed. As a frequent business traveler, it is worth a lot to have a really good staff who can make arrangements as needed. I did not plan a meeting at the hotel this time, but in the past, we used the conference facilities and they were excellent. It is important to be able to count on arrangements being implemented in a timely manner and to have a staff that attends to all the details...this is the hotel and facility that provides that. Guests to the conferences are afforded convenient valet parking at very reasonable rates and the hotel is very close to business areas and well connected to the airport. Taxis are available with no notice 24 hours per day at reasonable rates and bell staff are attentive and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Excellent location, breakfast, staff courteous and helpful.
    • Club InterContinental Room

Free shuttle service does not run as shuttle. Its more of a free drop off service you need to pre- book with the concierge, based on availability of car. Rooms feel a little old.

Excellent location, breakfast, staff courteous and helpful.Clean, with everything you expect from a 5 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

• Superior King City View

Smoking room was allocated, the hotel had only room with two beds and not one king bed

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Location, friendly staff.
    • Superior King City View

Trouble with a room service people delivering.

Location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

An excellent experience, love it
    • Premium Sea View

Price from booking is higher than the hotel.

Nice view

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Wi fi very week

Wi fi very week

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Poor

The service in the restaurant was really horrible

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Wondrful trip

Room fee

Location, staff were very kind and friendly and the swimming pool facilities

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Nice place.
    • Premium Sea View

Nice place..very comfortable rooms and clean...good location

Weekend perfect!!!

Everything was perfect!

Marvelous

Nothing it was oerfect

Very luxurious hotel amazing hospitality

Amazing facilities, extremely friendly staff, breakfast...

Amazing facilities, extremely friendly staff, breakfast buffet was amazing

The hotel reciption staff are very co-operative

Spa , food

Work vacation

Location, comfort, helpful staff

nice

sea view, food, terrace and swimming pool area

I

I

location, friendly staff

location, friendly staff

The food was ok
    • Premium Sea View

Rooms were not very comfortable and a bit small for the price.

The food was ok