Reviews of Radisson Blu Martinez Beirut 5 stars

Phoenicia Street, 11-1267 Beirut, Lebanon

#46 of 125 hotels in Beirut

All in all a great stay and we would go back!
    • Standard Room

We are particularly grateful for the quality and attention of service provided by the staff throughout the hotel. Marwan at the front desk deserves special commendation for his resourcefulness and genuine desire to please hotel guests. We were given an upgrade at a favorable rate as we were keen to keep the family together and he sensed the importance of accommodating this need. His friendliness throughout our stay, and indeed of other receptionists made us feel most welcome. The lady at the business centre was also happy to help out and make our visits pleasant. Many thanks to the GM Mr François as well for his personal engagement with us.

Be careful!!! the price is good but....
    • Standard Room

They don't say that the swimming pool is public, I found swimming courses for kids and I also found all the parents of theese kids wearing the same shoes that they used to walk on the streets without any plastic cover... disgusting!!!!

Room service was very good!

Nice location, good breakfast & service.
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Business lounge rather poor - drinks only from 17 to 19, assortment poor. But atmosphere is pleasant.

Very nice and comfortable bed; well functioning air conditioning; nice responsive staff; good location - relatively calm, close to both party of the city - old town, promenade & Zeituna Bay.

Older but reasonably comfy and economical hotel. Better for a single business traveller.

No strong dislikes.

Professional and friendly staff. Laid back about check in and out. Prompt room service. Decent breakfast. Well located Slightly dated hotel. AC inefficient and TV avoidable. Didn’t feel like staying in

Great views, excellent breakfast!
    • Standard Room

We went in May and the space in front of the hotel where the swimming pool is was not yet taken care off. It would have been nice if they had freshened it up, as it was right in front of our room.

Amazing breakfast, huge room, excellent stuff, beautiful interior!

Convienent for business travel.
    • Standard Room

Pool was overcrowded with swimming exercises for kids. Maybe just bad timing.

Rooms are spacious and clean. Location is perfect and walking distance to many great attractions and restaurants.

Comfortable, clean rooms - beware the breakfast charge
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

I was told that breakfast delivered to the business class rooms was free. I called reception to double check that if I used the menu hanging on the doorknob, it was indeed free. I was told yes. Even when I clarified that it says 36,000 LP, I was told yes, it is free for my room. So I ordered, then got charged 36,000 LP (USD 24). The hotel refused to reverse the charge, saying that kind of breakfast was not free - only if I called reception and asked them to send it up, rather than using the menu on the doorknob. I am not impressed... and it cost me USD 24 for a breakfast I would not otherwise have ordered (or would have gone downstairs for)!

Very comfortable beds, spotlessly clean rooms. Friendly staff. Good breakfast selection

Good location near the water and the corniche.
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Business center was quite basic but comfortable. Hot snacks at night were seriously lacking compared to other hotels but all and all, it was OK. Staff were great.

Generally pretty good. Great pool although it is used for classes during the day and can get quite noisy.

Exceeded my expectations!
    • Standard Room

The hotel was marvelous! I went for my husbands birthday and the hotel made perfect arrangements in the room with balloons and Happy Birthday pillows! I absolutely loved it! Great experience :) I strongly recommend it

People don’t pick up the phones,you to call 2/3 numbers...
    • Standard Room

People don’t pick up the phones,you to call 2/3 numbers and it takes about 5mins to answer, picking up food trays after eating also needs to be look at but overall I had a good stay, thanks

Old and rusty bathrooms
    • Standard Room

Old, little attention from the staff, poor cafeteria in menu, restaurant poorly served, old gym and smells bad, poor room service, we had to call twice to claim the service, the keys did not work and had to activate them every day as Three times, the bathrooms rusted, there were hardly any towels, old carpet and full of stains, little kindness to solve a thousand problems we had. We do not go back for sure and we do not recommend it to anyone. It does not have a 5 star rating, it could very well be a hotel of 2 as much.

Breakfast at € 18, normal.

Dirty, old, noisy, little attention from the staff.
    • Standard Room

Dirty, old, poorly educated staff especially from the door and from the cafeteria. They had to change my room because the bathroom was dirty and the faucets rusted, the carpet really dirty with stains, noises at all hours, to ask for any room service I had to wait no less than half an hour and there were always missing things, the poor mini bar Really bad room cleaning every day. There were not enough towels for two people.

Leave the hotel

Great location and comfy rooms
    • Standard Room

The pricing policy of the hotel could be improved. We ended up paying a substantial amount higher than the price I'd originally agreed upon at booking.com - with the VAT added later on. Additionally, the hotel proposed withdrawing a deposit, payable by card or cash. The fact that the hotel proposed the payment of the deposit by cash is a little shady in my opinion.

The location was amazing - just a 10-minute walk from the Zaytounay Bay. The rooms were clean and spacious enough for two people.

Definitely worth the money. coning back again next time i am in Beirut

Everything was just perfect

Bed was comfortable, Breakfast was good with good selection options. Chocolate croissant was the best. Centrally located and walking distance to the conchie, bay, shopping and cafes.

The staff is very friendly and professional, breakfasts are...
    • Standard Room

I like this hotel, but was deeply disappointed to find they equipped the beds with new, VERY firm mattresses (I know it is a very individual preference, but I need soft to medium mattress). I felt like beaten after the first night and was dreaming about the good old ones they had before till the end of stay.

The staff is very friendly and professional, breakfasts are great.

Great choice :)
    • Standard Room

I stayed for the 2nd time at Radisson Blu Martinez during March 2018- and just like the 1st time, I was beyond satisfied with the facility and service! Everything is great from location (no traffic issues around the hotel or getting from the hotel to anywhere else), hotel, staff (reception, room service), and the room itself (which was very clean and had an extremely comfy bed). It will always be among my top preferred spots to stay at when in Beirut :)

very child friendly.
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

very child friendly. customer service excellent . location and food brilliant. big thanks to eveybody in particular rita at the business lounge who made my children at home and feel special. the pool is brilliant . all staff fom management to cleaning staff have a positive attitude. i would recommend this hotel and stay again and would recommend this for families with children

Very nice stay. I like Beirut
    • Standard Room

No body cares us in breakfast time to prepare or clean a used table, asking or bringing tea or coffee and normal service which is common. Just in days Mr. Aziz was there every thing was great and I should thank him a lot as a expert staff.

It was the second time we have been there. Same as before every thing was fine. Very nice indoor pool. I should thank pool staff very much. They were so friendly and professional. Good breakfast. Good location, far from traffic and near to Rouche cliff and beach road.

Very neat and clean, five minuets walk from zaitunay bay.
    • Standard Room

Very neat and clean, five minuets walk from zaitunay bay. Gym and pool were awesome. Breakfast was great. Great value for money. Staff was courteous and helpful.

Not even 2 star
    • Standard Room

First time for me in Beirut , but from the moment we stepped in, the room was changed, I had to pay extra for my daughter even though I had booked a room big enough for us both and I showed him that. He didn’t accept my entertainer card even though I made sure to tell him at the beginning that I am a member! Very poor furniture, breakfast area extremely tiny,slow staff especially in the morning Honestly, it was the worst hotel ever and I wouldn’t recommend..

No comment!

Central location , excellent staff , great breakfast menu
    • Standard Room

Some renovation needed especially the bathrooms ; also the carpet in the bedrooms could be gone

Central location , excellent staff , great breakfast menu

4.0
    it should rated as 5 star hotel
    • Standard Room

a lots of thing Cleaning type of rooms attitude his rate is very high based on what he offer

Well honestly I don’t like much more in this hotel may be the location is the only good thing

I don’t recommend it
    • Standard Room

Old and smelly rooms, we could hear everything from the surrounding rooms, I asked to setup the room for a special occasion but the decorations were very cheap and disappointing, they hanged two blue balloons and threw few fake flowers petals on the bed and they brought the cake 2 hours later.

The location and the helpful staff

Good hotel but the room view is bad.
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Room view was very bad, a building was in front of me all the day, I can't see anything all the day. The business lounge is bad.

Stuff, breakfast, location, room size, swimming pool and Jacuzzi are amazing.

This is the best hotel for a solo traveler or someone who prefers a quiet and private stay in Beirut
    • Standard Room

The bed was insanely comfortable, the room was extra dark and there was absolutely no noise at all ( room 328). The gym and the swimming pool are awesome as well as the lobby downstairs. Overall, I felt this hotel was like my secret cave away from the hustle and bustle of Beirut, yet, just a few steps away there was everything one could hope for- the beautiful marina with cafes, shopping mall, all the landmarks, the seaside promenade etc. The reception staff were amazing too, always willing to help out with any questions one may have.

Disappointing even for a bilisiness trip
    • Standard Room

The booked room on the website was. I thing like the one I lived in, was smoking and last time refurbished sometime in early 80s... was anything but pleasant , not even just to sleep in.. will not recommend to anyone.

Lovely experience in the heart of Beirut.
    • Standard Room

The breakfast buffet is less than stellar; its local dishes (like Foul and Hummus) are good, but the continental breakfast is disappointing.

The staff make up for all the shortcomings of the hotel; they were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Also, the location is great; it's only a 10-minute walk away from Downtown, which is an area full of restaurants, cafes, and some important historic sites.

the staff were extremely attentive, provided excellent,...
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

I expected a better food standard and variety at breakfast.

the staff were extremely attentive, provided excellent, polite, professional service and immediate assistance with everything.

Super friendly personnel that makes everything to guarantee...
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Super friendly personnel that makes everything to guarantee you an enjoyable stay! Big rooms with comfortable beds. Rich breakfast buffet and nice indoor pool. Located near the centre so most things are in walking distance.

The spa-swimming pool
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

They charged me 400 us$ in advance ( incredible, pay in advance for extra’s ) and after check out they say that the rest, 70 us$ would be returned in my credit card. After 1 week i’m Steel waiting, wrote a mail to the staff but nobody answer me!

The spa-swimming pool

A good hotel option.
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

These aren't really dislikes - just observations. The hotel is getting a bit dated - eg carpets and bathrooms. For example the bathroom was quite compact with the shower above a small bath. The executive lounge is very small with limited comfortable seating options. Although wine and beer was available in the exec lounge, there were no spirits, and the snack/food options were limited. (On the plus side you did not have family groups gorging on the food in lieu of getting dinner elsewhere!)

Great location near Zaitunay Bay and the corniche. The staff were excellent throughout our stay. The bed we had was huge and incredibly comfortable. Breakfast, although not expansive, was also good.

• Standard Room

If the hotel is overbooked, being a genius member for a late checkout doesn’t work at all, but they offer you an alternative.

Location Cleaness Friendly staff Spacious rooms Easy to get to

Ok, but the bed linen in such condition is a „no go“
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

The bed linen was smelling heavily, even it was new. I believe it was from a heavy smoker room or so. Couldn’t sleep well in this smelling bed linen. Really disgusting if this happen.

nice and comfortable Friendly staff Transparency

I didn't like that the prise was just increasing of the...
    • Standard Room

I didn't like that the prise was just increasing of the room I mean ...when I asked the staf they said it's normal.I think It would ve been if I 've been told about this before

Good hotel all in one.
    • Standard Room

Misinformation. My booking was upgraded, and I got to know it upon check out payment, long unpleasant discussion. Thanks that they took my side.

It's all in one: room, parking, gym.

All nice & I'd go back. We hit a special price so it was definitely value for money.

Everything was great .

Convenient location near the Marina and the town centre, nice large rooms, great breakfast, friendly stuff . Many thanks to MAROUAN !!! at the reception desk, he was of great help and very friendly with a good sense of humor! We stayed there 1 night, checked in very late and thanks to him we got permission for a late check out. Marouan you are one main reason that we'd come back to Radisson Blu Martinez Beirut.

The hotel is good but its restaurant Angham and its show is a big flop
    • Standard Room

Angham restaurant and the fact that the front office personnel have pushed us to it. Also lack of response from the management to our complaint. We have booked, through the hotel reception, an outside restaurant (with a music show). The hotel front office staff kept pushing us to try their " Angham" restaurant. They confirmed that it should be much much better. Unfortunately we trusted them. The experience was extremely awful. The show was much below anything we could imagine. The band, the singers, the choice of songs were all very bad and irritating instead of being entertaining. Not a single enjoyable song or piece of music. The problem is that the front office staff are instructed to push the guests into spending the night in this ugly place. We lost our money plus, more importantly, we lost this night in Beirut. We made a written complaint to the management but nobody cared to respond. The hotel is good but the " Angham" restaurant is a disaster!!

Good location with friendly staff
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

I won’t say that it is a 5 stars hôtel. Need really to improve the furniture and quality of cleaning. Should précise that the swimming pool is rent to some classes. The breakfast can really be improved for a 5 stars (it is a good one but as per my experience, I saw much better one for such rating).

The location is percfect! Easy walking to the Bay. The hotel staff is really friendly and available.

Average hotel in central location
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

For this location, the breakfast was more basic than extraordinary. The staff was not able to handle the amount of people and guests had to clean tables themselves in order to find spice to eat. Very noisy due to collection of dishes and curlery by the staff.

Central location with Hamra, Downtown and Beyrut Souks in walking distance. Only 15 min to the Airport. Pool and gym were good.

Even with my unexpected broken foot , the staff were so helpful and supportive; I had a great time!
    • Standard Room

It wasn't advertised anywhere that the pool was used by over two dozen hectic school children Mon-Fri 2-6pm for group coaching! Although that was fun for my 5year old, it was still very noisy. Also the parents of these children would take up all the pool seats and loungers, and some were quite rude, they would move your towels off chairs and take the seat without asking! :o

The room was spacious, the beds were very comfy with soft, fluffy cushions and the room cleaners were always providing an excellent service. The friendliness of the staff was great and the swimming coaches were more than superb with my five year old, even without booking him in for any coaching sessions; their extra kindness and friendliness encouraged me to later take up some private sessions for my son which he loved so much!

• Standard Room

The rooms are old. Toilet is old. Only 2 Small towels in the rooms and not a good quality. There is no bathrobes or slippers. The carpets looks dirty

Staff is good.

Great experience - I got an upgrade to a free suite
    • Standard Room

At the beginning, I wasn't happy with the room I was placed in so I voiced this out to the duty manager [Samer] and within 2 hours he managed to upgrade me to a free suite. I left with a big smile and I will be back for sure

Very nice hotel
    • Standard Room

Needs some updates in facility to be the perfect hotel

Locations is perfectly good Staff was very nice Facility was good although it need some updating Over all i think i will back again an recommend it

Wow
    • Standard Room

Everything was amazing. The staff is awesome, Mister Samer helped us very much, kind and polite. A perfect 10. The breakfast is very good, the rooms are big and clean, the hotel is close to downtown.

Quiet room, helpful staff.
    • Standard Room

when we checked in, bed sheets were not clean and full of hair as if they didn't even bother to change them. The exchange rate for Us dollars was 150000 for 100 USD however the hotel rate was 142000.

Quiet room, helpful staff.

The swimming pool was being used for children's lessons making it really busy.
    • Standard Room

We liked the location. We could explore Beirut by foot then when we wanted to go further a field it was easy to walk to a few car rental outlets. We collected a car from 100 from the hotel and dropped it off at.the airport for no additional cost.

Great front desk staf! Comfortable family hotel!
    • Standard Room

The rooms are slowly in need of renovation but it seems the hotel already started doing so

The front desk employees, particularly Samir and Ali, were extremely friendly and helpful. It is such professional and great service that makes one book a hotel again! :) The pool is awesome ! Our kids loved it !

Convinient, clean, great location
    • Standard Room

The bathtub was a bit old, the matress wasn't the best, although we were told that there is a plan to replace all matresses soon and the room was poorly sound proofed - we could hear noises coming from the street.

Spacious, comfortable room. Both the room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We asked for early check-in and late check-out and they were very kind to arrange both. Breakfast was very nice, all fresh and many options to choose from, including traditional lebanese bites. Great location, very close to the marina.

Disappointing, an old hotel the elsewhere wouldn’t qualify for 4 star, let alone 5
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

1- I booked a non-smoking room, got a smoking room that reeked 2- Don’t order the pizza in room-service, don’t take my word for it, see the photo of a supposedly 5 star hotel’s Margarita! 3- Egg station in breakfast buffet doesn’t know how to fry an egg! 4- sat, had my “breakfast” and got up without even being offered a coffee!

The reception staff were friendly and helpful

Helpful staff convenient stay , very clean
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

You have to pay for parking in the hotel, there is a parking that is cheaper outside

The hotel is extra clean the staff very friendly and the place is conveniently near to all shopping and restaurants, near to Verdun and Beirut Souk, Hamra, ABC mall , AUB university and medical center and 15 minutes from the Airport

Amazing property centrally located
    • Standard Room

There's only one thing. My son left behind his book under the bed. We called lost and found twice and they promised to call back but didn't.

Everything really. Great value at great location. Very friendly staff and quiet rooms. They offered an upgrade. They really made us feel welcome.

Beirut is ''a pearl in waiting''!
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Location is not the best given all of the new areas in Beirut that might enable a little more freedom as one wants to visit its surroundings...The investments made by the community in rebuilding their town is colossal and likely unique since WW2. Next time, despite the exeptional service at that hotel, I would chose to stay in the ''new downtown''.

Staff was very helpful. The room was large and fine. Nice seashore close-by for walking with cafes and restaurants

Great hotel in ideal location

N.a

Staff were amazing - so friendly and they allowed us to check in early and check out late! Hotel is very clean and all aspect of the lobby and reception is immaculate Security at door felt very safe Room was spacious and clean Location is perfect, walking distance to zaytouna bay with all the restaurants

Wish I never stayed there.
    • Standard Room

Room was dirty, hair found in my bed, smelt weird from the room lobby area through to the bedrooms this is defiantly not a 5 Star Hotel. Staff assisted and upgraded my room, however there was a continual bad smell. Staff friendly, helpful and kind, however rooms are terrible.

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Great hotel, luxurious living with an AWESOME POOL!
    • Standard Room

It was hard to find negatives, When booking through booking.com it was listed as free parking and I chose the option of free parking. But I still had to pay for valet parking upon check in. The room does appear grand and luxurious but wouldn't suit everyone's taste, I happened to find somethings appeared to be a little outdated for a 5 star hotel. One thing I didn't like about the bathroom was how the toilet was located straight in a corner. It wasn't comfortable when one side of your body is hugging the wall. (This may vary in other rooms).

This hotel boasts luxury from when you walk through the front door. My only regret was not coming a day earlier to have 2 nights instead of 1. I didn't have the time to see the whole hotel but I must say the pool is hands down one of the coolest pools I have ever been in, it is like it is straight out of a movie. Bed was comfortable, room was spacious enough for one person. Also how could I forget! LOCATION!

Close to downtown and Zaitunay Bay.
    • Standard Room

Wifi signal was low in my room, however it's good in other parts of hotel. The area is a bit low-class.

Close to downtown and Zaitunay Bay. Very good room service 24/7 Business lounge is helpful

When I bumped into housekeeping, she even asked if...
    • Standard Room

When I bumped into housekeeping, she even asked if everything was okay with the room. I appreciate the follow-up. Everyone was very helpful and made for having a pleasant stay. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from downtown Beirut and University of Beirut and the very popular Hamra street. Would definitely stay again!

I love it thank you for everthing

The food

Thanks to all of the staff and espacilay mr.marwan at the front desk and thanks for the plasent stay it feels like home thanks radsson sas and there staff.

Awful
    • Standard Room

We didn't like the hotel at all and didn't stay there. We were forced to pay 160 USD fine for not staying. I'm super unhappy about booking.com experience - how do I know if the hotel is good or not in advance??? I stayed many times in Radison Blue in Europe and was very happy with the hotel but in Beirut it was way below my minimum expectations level (old, smelly, I couldn't stay). I strongly want reimbursement of those 160 USD I was forced to pay in Radison Blu.

it was ok
    • Standard Room

room & bathroom are small and very old style the swimming pool is indoor my expectation was way higher than this for a 5 stars hotel specially Radisson Blue

the staff & loopy was good

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

the hotel is good , in a great location, but the rooms are a...
    • Standard Room

the hotel is good , in a great location, but the rooms are a bit old, and the furniture looks antique, it should be cheaper compare to the other hotels around

Great stay
    • Standard Room

F&B staff in lounge are should be more friendly , they looked depressed

Excellent location, affordable price , f&b staff in bar should be friendlier

All Staff, food, facilities, cleanliness, comfort are...
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

The taxi of the hotel is expensive, better to use Allo Taxi (or other one) service. Ask the receptionist to help you with this.

All Staff, food, facilities, cleanliness, comfort are perfect. A bit old about the interiors but always in a good quality. Location is near the promenade and downtown. The surrounding area is not noisy. Next time i`ll return there.

Breakfast huge selection but poor quality
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Breakfast huge selection but poor quality Business lounge embarrassing Non smoking room smell of cigarettes definitly overpriced for a dated hotel

A hotel from the heavens - will return again!
    • Standard Room

Staff very attentive and resourceful; rooms extremely spacious; hotel ideally situated with regards to hotspots; cooked food 24 hrs; taxis available immediately; splendid view from panoramic windows; staff speak excellent English. Considering all the perks offered, this hotel was great value for money!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Comfortable hotel in good location
    • Standard Room

Some of the staff were really friendly, some were a little unhelpful.

Room was very comfortable and clean. Location is good - close to the Corniche. Tricky to find the first few times but the whole of Beirut is like that.

Not bad for short stay
    • Standard Room

Old furniture, the view from the hotel is sad and the pool is loaded with kids since the hotel offers a swimming classes for kids.... Me as a guest I had to go early morning or late evening

Location is near from beach n downtown.

FOOD was great, wifi was excellent,
    • Standard Room

It could be more interesting if i had a room with balcony as I signaled it to the reception , or with a nicer view!

FOOD was great, wifi was excellent,

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Never ever stay in Radison Ble Martinez, Beirut
    • Standard Room

Rooms smell very dirty & damp, windows open to slums, prostitutes all all over the place, it is definitely not even a two stars hotel. Calling it a five stars hotel is a scam.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The staff was always very friendly and were were always...
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

The staff was always very friendly and were were always greeted with a smile. They were always available. During the night, I had an emergency with my five year old son and the person on duty immediately advised me to go to the hospital. They called a taxi and sent me to one of the best hospitals. In the end it all worked out. Thank God he had the insight to send us to the hospital instead of calling the doctor on duty as I had requested. Staff was very kind, patient and very engaging with my two young sons. Upon leaving my older son yelled from the taxi, "we'll see you next year."

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

I booked through booking .com and i should bay 1365 AED including tax.but they charge me extra 1404.
    • Standard Room

When we arrived. There is no avlb room.so we had to accept any room.tge room was very small.they saud have terrace but it was only big space without even chairs and table.the room was very very small.also to reach to the room 808 u have to go through so many doors

Customer service was very good.the staff were so friendly and gelpful

Dissapinted
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Evry thing Waiting 4 hours to get my room because other guest still it the room . Received room key at 6:15 pm 4 star hotel in beirout better than this hotel . Breakfast not what expected . Will not stay again in this hotel.

Nothing at all

Nice hotel at a reasonable price
    • Executive Room with Lounge Access

Bteakfast could be beetter in terms of varieties and stations.

Breakfast was good but could be better, rooms are nice and spacious (business), location is v. convenient.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Very good stay and very descent staff.

Slow check in

Clean and comfort hotel. I forgot my Mont Blanc pen that worth a lot and they kept it till i came back after check out to take it which shows great honesty

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Nice hotel with good location for visiting Beirut
    • Standard Room

There are often swimming classes in the pool that is crowded with kids and parents and it is not possible to swim.

Modern hotel. Good location for tourist visits. Walking distance from Hamra and Zaitunay bay. Excellent and very helpful receptionists, especially Omar. We were upgraded and did early check-in. Nice swimming pool.