Reviews of Bay Gardens Hotel 4 stars

Castries P.O. Box 1892, St Lucia, Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

#8 of 34 hotels in Gros Islet

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

They just need to be a little more friendly and eager to serve other than that good
    • Standard Room

I didn't feel to much welcome by the rest of the staff excepting Scott ,Pinky and a red lady at the reception .For me they needed to be a little more earger to assist and pleasent . Parts of the stay especially being there was a storm on the way I felt that staff could of checked in via calls to ensure we we're ok and feed us updates with out us asking .

I really liked the room location , and the location of the hotel the fact that it's within walking distance to the city . The Room service personnel was on point in a very timely manner in keeping our room clean .

Very comfortable and friendly hotel
    • Standard Room

The price seemed just a bit on the high side to qualify as a very good value.

Casual relaxed hotel. Lots of local families seemed to be enjoying the location.

Overall the holiday was fabulous and this was my second time returning to the Bay Gardens Hotel.
    • Superior Room

I waited 20 minutes for a fried egg at breakfast. This service was slow and I had to chase up order several times.

The staff were very friendly and helpful

Loved the staff, entertainment, EVERYTHING.
    • Standard Room

I would have liked the dates&times, cost for the various tours.i was under the impression they were arranged by the hotel

Loved the staff, entertainment, EVERYTHING..Giovanni & Kerise were very hospitable & accomodating..great job guys!

Location is perfect, close to the shopping mall, easy access...

The bed had bugs.

Location is perfect, close to the shopping mall, easy access to transportation and relatively close to the airport via taxi. The staff were very helpful and hospitable.

First time in a hotel and I would return again.
    • Standard Room

The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful

The staff was friendly and very helpful they met all my need as I had a baby with me and they provided me with a microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Sunsets are the most beautiful in St Lucia !
    • Standard Room

The shuttle to the beach was xcellent and you can ask to be taken to a restaurant if you like and pick up . Very friendly people and beautiful island.

Nice place to stay, near the beach.
    • Standard Room

Some noise at night coming from the poolside. The breakfast is not very attractive.

The room very good, the bed very comfortable, nice place, easy to get it.

Very nice hotel. Located close to restaurants nightly entertainment
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Where my room was located

The staff was very nice. Alma was awesome on the restaurant. Scott was very nice and helpful. The beach security was truly helpful a nd nice. Nick attbeResort bar was so sweet. Felt they could have located room while I stayed at hotel in a better location. The shuttle to the beach was prompt. The resort allowed hotel guest to enjoy their restaurants and beach. It is a good hotel if you make sure they put you in nice room. These are some laid back, friendly people

Excellent value for money, clean and welcoming hotel with an array of facilities offered by 2 other
    • Standard Room

Considering value for money. I can't think of anything overall that could be improved. Maybe a few of the rooms that were near the bar area could be fitted with net curtains so that other guests couldn't see in when the main curtains were open.

Staff were all so helpful and welcoming. The manager was extremely personsble and was genuinely concerned and made positivr steps to ensure that guests were enjoying their stay.

A wonderful and relaxing stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

More beach towels for guests. Bedrooms perhaps could have darker curtains so one does not have to wake up at the creak of dawn.

Breakfast was superb. Great choice even for vegetarians. Staff at the hotel were excellent. No problem sorting out any issues or helping out swig booking tours and obtaining cooler boxes. Housekeeper Rita was so helpful and charming.

A thoroughly enjoyable stay
    • Superior Room

Didn't get the promised drinks on arrival (genius program) Fridge wasn't switched on - thought it was broken till last day when round the switch !

Great pool and the use of facilities at the beach was great. Staff were mostly very friendly and helpful. Rooms were v nice and clean. Great location for shops

We had a most enjoyable stay and would love to return one day.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

We had a two bedroom apartment which was right at the far end of the hotel. Disappointed that the view from the terrace was a half finished building - unfortunately this did not belong to the hotel so they could not do anything about it. Traffic noise over the weekend when the road appeared to be used as a race track for motor bikes until about 4 am. Furnishings in the apartment were a little tired but that didn't worry us as we always sat on the terrace.

The warmth and friendliness of all the staff made everyone feel welcome and happy. The shuttle bus provided an excellent service. Very good varied breakfasts. Happy hour cocktails 6 nights a week and manager's rum punch party on Mondays. Attractive and well-kept grounds, particularly around the main pool. Music on several evenings. Close to shops and a very good supermarket. Kitchen was well-equipped.

EXCELLENT
    • Superior Room

My only complaint is that the shower facilities were not as child friendly as I would like. Other than that everything else was great.

The staff made us feel very welcomed especially my daughter. Our stay there was a wonderful experience.

very welcoming.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

very welcoming. The manager Cheryl was fantastic . We were very pleased and our children had a wonderful 10 days. Bay Garden Hotel a place where everybody know your name like family.

Exceptionally good customer service, happy staff all the...
    • Standard Room

Exceptionally good customer service, happy staff all the time. Every one owned the guests. I made a request to a staff member, not knowing he was housekeeping, and with a smile he told me he would attend to it and within minutes I received my order.

It was amazing and we will definitely come again
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like much apart from the traffic which I guess is normal everywhere

The staff and management are all really helpful and pleasant. The facility are brilliant a fantastic place to stay and in the heart of all the activities in the north of the island.

We were happy with everything except that we asked for an...
    • Standard Room

Our room was not ready on arrival even though we requested an early check-in. In fact the room was not ready until way past the normal check-in time!

We were happy with everything except that we asked for an early check-in and in the end our room was extremely late getting ready

good
    • Superior Room

first room there was a lot of work being carried outside the next room we did not have the bedsize we requested instead we had 2 double beds

the staff were very helpful

Rich breakfast.
    • Standard Room

The room had just one light on the table, but no light for the whole room or for the bed. You can hear noise from the outside - not sure if directly from the hotel or some bar around - weird crazy guy trying to "sing" :) Staff can learn how to smile, but I think it is St. Lucia wide "issue" :)

Rich breakfast. Great wifi. Huge comfortable beds. Nice location - close to local restaurants, stores and close to Pigeon Island.

Baygardens Hotel makes you feel like family.
    • Standard Room

Wifi speed is too slow. 1.6Mbs download. When you are used to 300 Mbs, that is painful. It is difficult to live stream a movie on Netflix. For a hotel that gets a lot of business traffic that is unacceptable. I couldn't do a zoom or skype meeting with video.

The quality of the room, the breakfast, and the staff.. superb.

Great resort for families - excellent breakfast and very friendly staff and management
    • Standard Room

Rooms need a bit of updating but to be fair above average -however some refubishment are being undertaken during my stay

Room temeprature. Happy hour cocktail bar 6 days a week. Staff extremely friendly; always ready to help. Felt like I was at home. 3 swimming pools. Daily themed dinner menus. Excellent breakfast.

satisfied overall, but improvements are needed at this location.
    • Junior Executive Suite

The inefficiency of the front desk to deal with customer request and queries in a timely manner.

I liked the location of the hotel and the breakfast offered at the hotel.

Good but needs some improvements
    • Standard Room

Breakfast: few food for a lot of people, it was rarely replaced (this was in low season, imagine in high); difficult to get beach towels (u need to ask and wait that somebody gets them in the Inn) not very nice staff. Asked for a convenience room (to get a shower after the check out), which is nice to offer, but the shower was broken (we had to wait for them to fix it) and we got a call asking how much time we would spend in the room (after we've been waiting for them to fix the shower!!). There was a shuttle per hour and we once it departured 20min delayed. The reception was not that clean.

The location is good and it is very convincente to use the free shuttle to get to the beach (which is beautiful, by the way). But it is walking distance to restaurants and bars. It is very clean, good wifi and air conditioned. We got a free bottle since it was our honeymoon (which was nice). The room was good as well.

Could have been better.
    • Standard Room

we got a room that was right above the kitchen, and the exhaust was LOUD so we had to keep the door closed at all times to block out the sound. we requested that the room be decorated and the hotel confirmed that they would but upon arrival it wasn't. the website stated that we can use the facilities at the other Bay Gardens but when we asked the front desk, we were told that we cannot. Dinner had no theme, seemed like the chef took whatever remained in the freezer and cooked

. Breakfast was the best part of the stay

I will NEVER stay here again
    • Junior Executive Suite

when I booked this I was under the impression that I was booking the Resort....where the beach is right there, kind of misleading. there are 3 different Bay Gardens so be careful what you book.. the pools here are small, there is no view. staff is just ok. they come late to clean rooms. the faucets in the bathroom do not extend out so it is difficult to wash your hands properly. shower is slippery and has no bath mat in it so there is potential for falls. breakfast is basic. atmosphere is not very inviting. no happy hour. wifi would drop out and keep asking to sign in. they charged me $30US because my mom took her breakfast with her as we were going to the soufrie early. no one told us that you could not take you breakfast with you and there aren't any visible signs saying so. $30US is a lot to pay for some jonny bake and eggs! I have stayed at coco palm and had a much better experience. I will NEVER stay here again

close to shopping and restaurants.

Nice place
    • Standard Room

Internet did not work in the room. A little bit expensive for the quality of the facilities (as the rest of St Lucia)

Good location. The transfer service to the beach resort was excellent. Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Stay at Bay gardens

Didn't like the fact that the maids didn't nor clean our rooms on a regular. She didn't mop 9 a daily basis

Loved the friendliness and helpfulness of the restaurant staff, the reservation staff and security on duty

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Wonderful Location, Friendly Staff

my stay was too short

cocktail party, buffet breakfast, room was spacious and clean, staff warm and friendly, Carlyson at Front desk, GM, Housekeeping Manager :)

Fantastic value for money break
    • Superior Room

All aspects of this hotel was very good value and met our expectations especially the efficient caring professional staff. Breakfast was varied and plentiful with hygiene a clear priority

Bed was very comfortable.
    • Standard Room

Bed was very comfortable. The hotel is 10/15 minutes from the beach but it right at the beginning of the strip where are located bars and restaurants... I like it better than the resort location. Staff is friendly and reactive.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great staff creating an intimate stay
    • Standard Room

The breakfast buffet was fabulous, The members of staff all deserve to be awarded with a prize for hospitality. They all take pride in their work. Thanks to Steffy, Adri, Lydia, Yolanda, Alma, Emmanuel, Gail, The boys at the omelette station, and The guy who took our luggage to the room, sorry I can't remember your name, but your picture is in the brochure. Thank you all for making our stay a fabulous one.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Close to everything plus comfortable
    • Standard Room

The breakfast was good. Im just a fan of egg in the morning and They didnt have any.

I didnt see any pictures of the roomm before I booked so I was sceptical when I first arrived. However, the room was not disappointing. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was nice.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

For the money it was veery good.
    • Standard Room

For the money it was veery good. We stayed 2 nights at the Bay Garden Inn and I think it was cheaper. They are right next to each other. The Inn had an outside balcony but it looked out the the road. The hotel had no balcony. I think because we stayed only one night we didn't get one. detail in both were poor, tile, woodwork, TV didn't work, But clean and friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Night Stay at Bay gardens
    • Standard Room

The room was abit noisy in the morning due to it being just above the kitchen area.

I was very happy with the level of Customer service. Keep up the good work

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Lovely slu
    • Standard Room

The cable was poor quality and the WiFi was inconsistent

Loved the breakfast and the ease of access to the sister resort. Loved that we were in walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

great place to stay ...
    • Junior Executive Suite

put a mat in the room by the bed, more variety of food choices for room service. internet needs upgrading , unable to look at video without it sticking .

Room was clean , bed was very comfortable and yard was clean . Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

We actually had a wonderful time.
    • Standard Room

The breakfast set up at the hotel and inn are joint. You can have breakfast anywhere on both properties. Even though we stayed at the hotel we ate at the inn. The attention to service and the professionalism of the breakfast staff are lacking at the hotel.

Esther and Tim are the best hotel employees ever. They work so hard to accommodate guests. The property is delightful.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Worth more than what you pay!
    • Standard Room

the internet was pretty lousy and certainly made my stay less productive.

The room was very clean, the restaurant service was attentive and the breakfast was of 5 star quality.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Clean and spacious room.
    • Standard Room

It's just a simple facility. Air-con needed maintenance. Ice was falling down from the air-con!

Clean and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The Staff were the best.
    • Standard Room

The Staff were the best. In a perfect location. Walking distance to everything. I’ll definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Relaxing

Laundry price

Bar

Location was fantastic and great to be able to use Bay a...

Location was fantastic and great to be able to use Bay a gardens beach resort.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very enjoyable

Everything very

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Amazing
    • Junior Executive Suite

The warm welcome from staff, as well as the excellent customer service throughout our stay.

Everything was jus excellent .

We had to leave :(

Everything was jus excellent ...we will b back soon

The hotel allowed my class reunion to be a truly awesome experience.
    • Superior Room

Ran out of towels frequently. Lunch and drink orders were sometimes very slow.

Breakfast was fantastic. Nice area

Beach shops supermarket restaurants everything in walking...
    • Junior Executive Suite

Beach shops supermarket restaurants everything in walking distance

In general very satisfied
    • Superior Room

Fisherman tea did not live up to description in menu

Personnel

I was good value for money spent.

That I couldn't stay longer....lol

I was good value for money spent. Location was great in terms of shopping, transport and eating.

Home from home ina great location
    • Standard Room

There was nothing to dislike or complain about

Great location .very welcoming,friendly,helpful and proficient staff.

Wonderful

Nothing to complain about

Cosy, friendly and very welcoming. Have been back 3 times and will be going again.

Lovely small , cosy hotel

Location Cosy and friendly

Room Breakfast Pools WiFi Distant to shops, bars and shuttle bus service

• Superior Room

Maintenace needs to be done!

We had a lovely time at Bay garden hotel .Lovely, friendly staff. Always enjoy staying here.
    • Standard Room

Bathroom is a little dated.

Friendly helpful staff, nice facilities

Best girls holiday ever
    • Standard Room

Staff friendly helpful, good location.

Really enjoyed our stay here. This is our fifth visit and we would definitely recommend!

All was well

Friendly staff are nice accommodation.

Our stay was great and the breakfast was very good
    • Standard Room

We were satisfied with everything.

Everything was very good and the staff make you feel at home.

It was a memorable vacation for me and my husband.
    • Standard Room

The wifi in the room wasnt fast ans signal kept dropping.

The staff were kind and the food was excellent, certainly didnt wanna leave.

The breakfast was exceptional

The breakfast was exceptional

Definitely a wonderful hotel
    • Standard Room

Would have loved a microwave in my room

Friendly staff, wonderful eggs station and room service.

Excellent staff and customer service
    • Junior Executive Suite

The pool was much smaller than depicted

Great wifi

This is a fantastic hotel, close to shopping centres and helpful staff.

Clean and friendly staff

Very friendly and helpful Staff. Great place to realx and enjoy your vacation.

Everything was great.

exceptional
    • Standard Room

friendliness of staff and great hospitality

Lovely. Can't complaint

My room 103 you can see all the actions

Clean friendly beautiful lush country
    • Superior Room

The room lighting was low and not great for reading

Staff were excellent
    • Standard Room

Bar closed too early. Suggest an extra hour needed. Breakfast was a bit chaotic at times

Staff were excellent

Nice hotel to stay if you go elsewhere for entertainment.
    • Junior Executive Suite

Very small swimming pool.

Nice hotel to stay if you go elsewhere for entertainment.

It was my first time to St Lucia.
    • Standard Room

It was my first time to St Lucia. My boyfriend and I had a great time. Staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely return.

No instructions for air-conditioning

Rock cakes served at breakfast

Maintenance staff everywhere and very friendly good shuttle...
    • Standard Room

Expensive bar. Almost double to local prices

Maintenance staff everywhere and very friendly good shuttle service

My stay was enjoyable and I hope to be able to visit again soon.
    • Junior Executive Suite

Had a couple "hiccups" but they were swiftly rectified by management.

The hospitality of the staff. Their commitment to make us comfortable.

Fair for the price
    • Standard Room

Condensation issues and tired bathroom with poor faucets and tiles.

Location was superb even though not beach front. Small making it easy to traverse.

Food and friendliness of staff
    • Junior Executive Suite

I did not get the those of room I was shown which encouraged me to book.

Food and friendliness of staff Facilities

Browse Bay Gardens Hotel traveller photo gallery