2. Sri Lanka hotel reviews
  4. Polonnaruwa hotel reviews
Sri Lanka Polonnaruwa Verified Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent Reviews

• Jungle View Guest Review Score: 9.6

“The room was basic but spacious and the AC worked well. The host is very helpful and friendly, the breakfast and dinners were tasty and we were given plenty of food. The host organised tuktuks and drivers for us for day trips. They were very welcoming. The WiFi mostly worked fine, however it does get switched off over night. The shower was warm but not overly powerful. Overall we enjoyed our stay, great value for money.”

• River Nature Park Review Score: 9.2

“The family that run this place are so lovely. We had some really great chats with them in the evening and had the most delicious rice and curry for dinner, they are brilliant cooks. The room itself is big, has a hot powerful shower, brand new ceiling fan that keeps the room cool and a lovely seating area outside for a drink in the evening. It’s also perfectly located for exiting the temple site. We rented bikes off them for a really reasonable price too. We also loved their dog Cookie! So sweet. We wish them all the best. ”

• Sun Guest House Review Score: 9.6

“A truly wonderful host! He's gone an extra mile to make sure I was happy with the stay. From recommending a local restaurant, providing me tips for my next day's exploration of the city, to ensuring I get safely to the next city. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. ”

• Hotel Ancient Village Review Score: 8.6

“The owner and his family were very friendly and helpfull, we even had an issue with our rented car and they tried to help us out. You can easily reach the ruins by walk or bicycle, they rent them as well. It's also close to a local traditional market. The room was clean, the bathroom was kind of ok, although there was no warm water (at least in our bedroom), that was not a big deal because it was hot outside. Breakfast was simple but enough: tea or coffee, omelette, toasts, coconut and noodle rolls and a very nice pinapple juice. Dinner was also ok, there were two options to choose and both were nice.”

• Manel Guest House Review Score: 7.4

“The people who are there is very good good accommodation”

• The Lake Hotel Review Score: 7.2

“We stayed here just for one night and didn't want to leave.From the moment we arrived everyone was so friendly and made us feel very special.The location is so nice and relaxing. I am a birder, and during my stay I spotted 25 species on the hotel ground and the immediate vicinity.”

• My Home Guest Review Score: 8.9

“Nice homestead in Polonnaruwa. Very friendly staff. Nice spacious room. Good food. Good value for money”

• Ruins Chaaya Hotel Review Score: 8

“Staff were extremely polite and helpful. Chef made an effort to come and chat with us about the food and other stuff. Reception staff were courteous and helpful. Room was spacious and the bed was comfortable.”

• Priyanna Guest Review Score: 8.8

“Good location and bike rental opportunity, 5mins from the museum and entrance to the ruins. We tried dinner and it was delicious. Staff was very helpful.”

• Ekho Lake House Review Score: 9.3

“A lovely location beside the lake, although the hotel was exceptionally quiet, the staff made efforts to make our stay a lovely experience. Udesh and Priyantha were very helpful and professional.”

The 30 Best Hotels in Polonnaruwa