2. Sri Lanka hotel reviews
  3. Kandy District hotel reviews
  4. Kandy hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Amaya Hills Kandy

Reviews of Amaya Hills Kandy This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Heerassagala 20000 Kandy, 20000 Kandy, Sri Lanka

#100 of 217 hotels in Kandy

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Horrible
    • Deluxe Double Room

I would never ever recommend this place to anyone! We came for a romantic vacations with my boyfriend and fond out that Amaya hotel host Sri Lankan weddings every day, where music starts at 8 pm and finish at 2 am. The party was in front of our room. It’s was so loud, that our bed was shaking for subwufer. Around 10 pm I complain to front desck and they told me party will finish at 12 am. I waited till 12, but it didn’t stop and management told us that we can change room. We did change room at 12.30 am still didn’t sleep or got any rest. The room they gave us was with 2 beds, not a kind size as we asked. When I talked to manager about loud music, he didn’t know what to say, because he knew I was right. One thing they told us : We are 5 start hotel, that way we play music at the night. It’s not a 5 start hotel. Plus the food is super low quality and not so many chooses. I would never come back. I regret to spent 150 $ for that place!!!

What happen with during to stay at property, not even covered by nice view at the hotel.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

Simply stunning views, lovely pool and building as a whole.

Simply stunning views, lovely pool and building as a whole. We had the nicest few days, the staff were sooo professional and couldn't doo enough for us and to top it off, what a buffet! Only advise is it would be a bit chilly up in the hills without the sun so maybe check the weather first. Would stay ag s in for sure.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Comfortable Stay

The bathroom was a bit compact. But can manage.

Comfortable rooms. Service and location was really good. The view outside the room was very amazing. We managed to see the sun setting. The hotel is overlooking some parts of the kandy city. Surroundings were windy and had lots of trees.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Breathtaking views, beautiful hotel and quiet place to stay away from Kandy town.

Our room had two single beds together which was slightly uncomfortable.

The architecture and views of the hotel were definitely the highlight of our stay. We were also able to enjoy the stunning views from our room. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast and dinner had a wide spread of options. It is a bit far away from the town centre however we did not mind as we found the town quite busy and chaotic. We both enjoyed our massages at the spa - which was relaxing and professional. Would recommend if you're looking for a quiet place to enjoy the Kandy views.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Breakfast buffet, service-minded staff, stunning view from...

When we showered the first evening we had no hot water. The food ordered from the a la carte menu (not the buffet) wasn't any good. This is far below expectations on a five star hotel.

Breakfast buffet, service-minded staff, stunning view from the room

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Gorgeous views and stunning pool.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Buffet very expensive. Provided a very dirty and dusty cot with bad fitting mattress although this was rectified quickly when we complained. Staff very mixed, some very helpful and friendly whilst a few were not. Not very knowledgable about what we could do. When doing our washing they wrote over all the labels.

Gorgeous views and stunning pool. Food delicious although would have liked more Sri Lankan. Waiting staff very friendly and helpful with baby,

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Beautiful view and rooms

Cleanness standards are low. We did not try the spa. The customer service is good, but sometimes overwhelming.

Nice swimming pool and a great view from the rooms and terrace. Breakfast and dinner buffets had a variety of choices.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Beautiful pool with an amazing view.

During our stay there was a very heavy rain episode and there were some leaks in our rooms! The spa was also disappointing.

Beautiful pool with an amazing view. Located in the hills around Kandy but the center is quickly reached by car. The rooms are also very tastefully decorated.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Wonderful, Nice viwe , I like Sri lanka.

No tea or coffee machines , it’s come only by asking for it . At times , there is some noise from the Music while sleeping.

Good experience, and highly recommended hotel, Nice veiw , Clean , Friendly staff, Clean and tasty food .

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Beautiful hotel with stunning views and excellent service - a favourite

Just an absolutely gorgeous stay and hotel - one of my best trips ever. The staff were just lovely, we felt really looked after and comfortable, but also that we had our own space. The location is just stunning, the view of the hills and the grounds are beautiful. You'll feel calm and serene, and like you don't want to be anywhere else. Service standards are very high, and the food at the restaurant is excellent, with great Western and Sri Lankan options. We were in a junior suite, and it was just a beautiful room - the picture window looking over the hills was simply perfect. Had to drag ourselves away! A lso, we loved that the hotel took an impromptu shot of us as we were checking out, and sent it to us - what a lovely thought. Definitely will be back, thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

An unpleasant experience

The staff makes a lot of pressure on their customers. The cleaning standard are really low, we could not use the chairs in our room because too dirty(photo attached).While there, a group of people made a lot of noise till 3am and the staff didn’t do anything to avoid it. They also starts cleaning at 6:30 in the morning, chatting and slamming doors and it’s impossible to sleep. Our bed linen had holes. It is definitely not a 5 stare hotel. We left one day before because really unhappy and we have been asked to pay the full amount anyway. On top of everything we had to pay 30 USD taxes for every night, 90 extra USD. A big big disappointment.

The view was quite nice and also the food choice. Dinner buffet is 25 USD and they push you to go for it. The driver who drove us back to negombo was good also.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Lovely pool, beautiful views.

Though the staff at the hotel are very polite, they are not helpful in answering questions about the town or how to get around.

Lovely pool, beautiful views.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

I like the location of the hotel.

Most of staff are super friendly, well-trained and professional. Food is delicious, different cuisine ( local, western ,indian) and of course value for money. Great location with cool serene atmosphere. Can't recommend enough , for those who look forward to a relaxing spot breaking away from usual hectic stressful life style.

I like the location of the hotel. A wonderful panoramic view of splendid mountain range from hotel room...

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Highly recommended 😍😭

The place is not as we imagined we thought that we will get a big or medium private pool but we found small

, The place , the staff is really collaborating the decorations

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Worst stay ever at Amaya Resorts.

Amaya is well known for its hospitality. But Amaya Hills Kandy is totally opposite. Seems the staff is having the Royal attitude still. Security person forced me to park the vehicle and walk to the lobby. It was 9.20pm around when we visited their, bit if a drizzle also. When I ask from concierge also said the same. Who on earth force their visitors to park the vehicle and walk on foot in the night during a drizzle. No one to pick our bags. May be Royal hospitality is not for locals like us.

View from the dining area is astounding

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Fantastic views

While not the hotels fault that a curfew was imposed in Kandy we would have very much appreciated if they had told us before we went out for dinner as finding a tuk tuk was difficult when trying to return to the hotel. The bathrooms are quite old and in need of a revamp otherwise room good

The views are incredible, from our room and the pool area. Good facilities like squash court and table tennis. Breakfast buffet had many options with friendly staff

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Heaven on the mountain top

The view, the food, the cocktails, the pool, the staff... but the Ayurvedic treatments in the spa were hands down the BEST I have ever had. Don’t miss these.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

Nice views, rooms were comfortable,

Could do with some refurbishment, especially the spa. Place is very big and lacks charm.

Nice views, rooms were comfortable, Spa treatment was very good, food good

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

the view was gorgeous the food was good has well staff was...

The rooms need to be a bit more comfortable specially the bads and the bathroom.

the view was gorgeous the food was good has well staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

A great resort for couples who want some downtime
    • Deluxe Double Room

Access to the property is quite difficult. Some information prior to arrival would have been great. Hotel is a bit further out of town, so access to kandy city can be a process. The extra activities listed for the hotel cost extra to access. Bathrooms are clean but the shower over the bath was quite small and cramped. Could do with an upgrade. The buffet dinner is always an international menu, some variation might be nice.

Massage was great. there was always plenty of food. Staff were always friendly and helpful. great poolside atmosphere and views. Day tours and drivers were very informative and helpful. Beds were very comfortable. The Views from our room were stunning....especially sunset. Wifi was strong and reliable

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Terrible
    • Deluxe Double Room

The service is terrible. They do not tell you that they dont serve alcohol on certain days and when you complain they say you cannot have it near the pool. Lots of hidden charges. overall NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

The location of the hotel is really nice, it's in a high...

There were mosquitoes at night which could not let me sleep well and I woke up with itchy red skin. When I called the operator to ask them if they can provide me with he anti-mosquitoes machine it took them some time to provide. no electrical socket near the bed, for me it's important coz I like to check my phone while lying pm on the bed and charging the phone. if you want to be near Kandy city, it's not the good option. however, if you prefer to be far from the city relaxing it's the best option.

The location of the hotel is really nice, it's in a high hill in front of a very nice green view far from the rowdiness of the city. Really the view is unbelievable.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Incredibly amazing hotel with a totally new concept .

the hotel is in a beautiful location with a totally new concept of outdoor , its an amazing get away and the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly .

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Good views and wonderful spa

Flies on the food at the buffet- quite off putting! Staff members gave me various different quotes on a taxi from the hotel to my next location which was a shame as I felt I was being cheated.

Good views and wonderful spa

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

Best location and the view

Staff haven't had a good idea about online booking. I had to pay again as they only charged me half the room cost from online checkout. Also given a wrong room first. Saw a drone flying outside my balcony with a camera, when I asked the reception, they said it is a wedding shoot only shooting poolside, But I found a guest was doing that recording private balconies. Front of house staff seems to be bit careless but restaurant staff was great.

Location, view, room,

• Reviewed: May 31, 2017

Great food, views and people. But non-soundproof rooms.

The rooms were not at all soundproofed, that caused a very big dip in privacy, probably not suitable for couples. The chairs in the balcony wasn't cleaned, nor was the balcony cleaned thoroughly.

The view, amazing. The food, excellent, their spicy devil left us in tears. The pool was good. The staff were friendly and polite.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

It is located on a hill, so the view is pretty amazing!

Since it is uphill, so it is a little bit far away from downtown. And there's another thing, that is, the money was paid by my guaranteed credit card when it was still 7 pm. I did not even check in then!

It is located on a hill, so the view is pretty amazing! Also it is very cool, the lobby are are not a close space with air conditioners, but the wind coming from all the directions. We arrived at night, someone was coming to serve the towel and black tea, very good service. All the things here are nice and lovely!

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Stay was good but things need to change
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom was small , the tub was leaking , sink drainage needs to be fixed Beds are too soft , people might end up getting spine problems During breakfast the kiribath was not prepared properly the rice was raw in some instances

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

This was the best and amazing trip so far .

Nothing , everything was amazing

This was the best and amazing trip so far . We have enjoyed staying there. And the view , it was so mesmerizing . The rooms were so clean and mostly all the staffs were very friendly . I recommend this hotel to everyone . It's worth it and I'm sure you ll love it!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2017

Good place but reception staff careless

Front office staff are very reckless. During my check out they were painting the reception area walls without putting a sign. I leaned on a wall and all my clothes were ruined with paint. That runinrd my holiday mode.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

People walking on the road can see inside the room. No privacy at all . noisy and disturbing

Our room was facing a road. people waliking on the road can see directly inside our room. we had to close the curtains all the time. could not use the balcony. no privacy at all. was like prison cell. no semi transperent curtains. The room was close to the reception hall. noisy and disturbing. had a terrible time. you always get the worst room when you book online.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Great holiday stay if u are not looking at going anywhere but enjoy the property

There are no king size beds even though i requested for one. They give twin bed and the gap in-between is cumbersome and irritating to say the least. Quite noisy like we had someone on the floor above dragging furniture even at 2 am in the morning and after complaining also no respite

Location though remote is beautiful and the view is wonderful. The facilities are clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Beautiful hotel with great views of Kandy.

We stayed two night. On the first night we dined at the hotel restaurant - food was good. The second night we wanted to try and go to a nearby restaurant. We asked the concierge if he could make a reservation for us. He said that wasn't possible at that particular restaurant. We were surprised and asked if there was a problem with the restaurant. It turns out the hotel refused to make reservations at any outside restaurant - they kept saying their own restaurant was great. Disappointing especially given that everything else at this hotel was perfect.

Beautiful hotel with great views of Kandy. Great pool, nice rooms and super friendly staff. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2017

We loved d staff and the spa services.
    • Suite

Your pictures are r trembly deceiving. After having booked a suite for 1000$/night we were extremely disappointed at the the quality of our abode. Poorly lit, claustrophobic and smelt really foul. Shall definitely not go back

We loved d staff and the spa services. The ambience of the outdoor areas is excellent. The jazz and traditional music playin by the pool is amazing

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

The view from the pool was amazing.

Tea and coffee in the restaurant was not very good . And you had to pay extra for an espresso

The view from the pool was amazing. Very relaxing and calm atmosphere.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Beautiful views good buffet

Welcoming staff were not very friendly felt like they wanted to make an effort but were just tired or something. Toilet was a bit smelly but the room was nice.

The food was great! Friendly waiters had a lot of fun at the buffet.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

the place has a wonderful view, breakfast is great with lots...

the place has a wonderful view, breakfast is great with lots of options from curry to fresh fruits, western and more. Staff is very young with not great English skills but friendly

• Reviewed: March 28, 2017

Avoid at all costs. Don't be fooled by the pictures

Of all the places we stayed in Sri Lanka, this was the most expensive and worst hotel we stayed at. The pictures give a misleading impression of this hotel. Very disappointed. The room (Superior Delux) was not clean. The bathroom was in dire need of a refurb. The shower only provided a drip. The grouting was stained and coming out. It wasn't throughly cleaned before we arrived (I wiped my finger along the surface and it was dirty). We booked a spa. The room was dark and dingy and we couldn't have had two more disinterested masseuses. I had to constantly remind them to cover the parts of me that weren't being massaged as I was cold, and they didn't apply any pressure (Dispite me politely asking) The worst massage I have ever had! The food was okay, but they are happy to serve you cold coffee in the morning with all the bits at the bottom left in there. The whole place is in need of some TLC. It was all very dated, not in a romantic way, but in a lack of care and attention way.

The view from the room was the only redeeming feature of this hotel.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2017

A hill-top experience worth the trek!

The Spa services were very good but the place was quite "dingy". It could/should be brightened up.

Bird-watching. Beautiful location with spectacular/panoramic view. The excellent buffet.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2017

Great property atop the hill with a fantastic view!

None, everything was perfect!

This is an exceptional property at the top of the hill surrounded by lush greenery and picteresque views. Please keep in mind that this hotel is 45 minutes from Kandy but you would love the fact it is tucked away from the city. We loved the food the facilities and enjoyed a nice Ayurvedic massage. The staff was extremely friendly and nice. We loved the rustic architecture and the art displayed on the walls. The stone paved terrace and lovely pool just add character to the hotel ambiance. The English breakfast was nice although we would recommend the local food here. It's really delicious. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel. We will be back soon!

• Reviewed: March 11, 2017

Only thing worth the money is the view

So many weddings felt uncomfortable walking around the hotel, bathrooms desperately need updating, the bathroom flooded every time the shower was used

the view

• Reviewed: March 10, 2017

Good base as it is away from the hustle and bustle of the city

the hotel caters for bus loads of chinese and japenese tourists who only stay for a night so there is a lot of coming and going early in the morning and in the evenings. the bufffet dinner is very expensive for the food on offer which is ok but mass produced.

the views across the hills were magnicifent

• Reviewed: March 8, 2017

Beutifull view .but not clean at all !!!

Verry not clean shower and toilet alot of muscito and animals. We said its our honey moon , and they didnt do anything for that.

The view is amazing . The food is ok.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2017

Calm hotel with a lovely view

If you want to stay in the city its about 20 min with tuctuc away. No other restaurants nearby

Very nice hotel if you want to stay in the mountains and not in the city. Calm, lovely view, good pool with. Good bar and restaurant but a little bit expensive.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2017

Breathtaking view from our balcony
    • Deluxe Double Room

Noisy people enquiring about massages during our massage session. My therapist had to stop my treatment and go and deal with their enquiry.

Excellent room service

• Reviewed: February 15, 2017

Lovely location, incredible views, expensive buffet food

Cost of a very basic buffet meal for both breakfast and dinner was extortionate. If you go here go all inclusive or eat elsewhere

Pool and view were incredible!!

• Reviewed: February 9, 2017

I like this hotels envayament

I went this hotel room only.but expensive ,I'm a travel lover around the world like this hotel room no expensive it suit our budget.pls give us reasonable price

I like this hotels envayament

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

An Amazing place with an amazing view
    • Deluxe Double Room

Too many stairs to climb

An Amazing place with an amazing view

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

The view was exceptional.

We had a bug in the room, but I guess that is standard in every hotel :)

The view was exceptional...

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Amazing location with beautiful view!

Terrible sound at dinner. We asked management to lower the volume but did not get wished response.

Amazing location with beautiful view!

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

5.5
    The view

Food definitely overpriced and not good Bathroom are dated Way to expensive for the quality

• Reviewed: December 22, 2018

Very friendly staff, amazing food

Noise in the morning in corridor

Very friendly staff, amazing food

The location, ambience,staff

The food

The location, ambience,staff

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Not as expected for the price

Pls update ur bathroom it leaks and wets the whole place.

The view and staff

Location,staff

Location,staff

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Good location .

Food ..not to the standard of 5 star hotel...

Good location ..very clean and comfortable rooms ...very good seneic view from the hotel ...Good staff

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

it was a great trip
    • Deluxe Double Room

absolutely stunning views. friendliest staff that I have ever encountered.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

overall good

No lift for older guest to go to rooms.

All good. Great Staff

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

،the bath room was outdated and broken

Every thing else

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Overall it was good.

Overall it was good.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

The location & view from hotel was amazing

Check out was really slow

The location & view from hotel was amazing

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

superb view, for near a city was one of the best we stayed jn

superb view, for near a city was one of the best we stayed jn

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

They didn’t wash the pillows cover it was smelly.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Staff

Check out method used

Staff

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

scenery

scenery

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

A relaxing stay close to the center of Kandy

Bathrooms should be renewed

A truly amazing hotel with a breathtaking view of Kandy. Very confortable rooms with balcony. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

The views are spectacular

Little dated in aspects

The views are spectacular

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

not value for money

the rooms were old especially the bathroom. In dire need of renovation

the staff were polite

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

Tours in Srilanka

Top of the Kandy

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

It was relaxing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The locals who took over the pool and disco.

the view and the breakfast

We Price Match