Reviews of BEST BALTIC Kaunas 4 stars

A.Mickeviciaus g. 28, LT-44311 Kaunas, Lithuania

#17 of 35 hotels in Kaunas

Internet, Table - was possible to work, bed, etc

I have stayed in this hotel many times. Very good internet, good writing table to work, good bed, good parking place, wonderful location. Only this time price was higher than other times

• Standard Single Room

Way too expensive, Wi-fi was often unstable and bad, half of the lamps in the room were not working.

The breakfast and the restaurant are really nice. There was lots of room and it was quiet.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had trouble finding electric plug in the room to charge phones. One was in almost inaccesible place and only one more and we had to search the room for it. Very little lighting, 3 night lamps, one of them not working. Conference rooms on the ground floor just awful because the two meeting rooms separated without any sound isolation, and neighboring conference speaker was using microphone, so the sound was impossible to speak to people on our side. Then the ventilation worked louder than my voice and if we turned it off we had trouble breathing in a closed space.

Cozy rooms, great location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We did not get a queen size bed that we were promised, just two beds which were just put together. Secondly, the cleaning lady came too early because the staff did not manage to tell her properly that we have not checked out yet. When asked to apologise they just said: oh, it happens. the breakfast did not taste good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no ventilation in the toilette room, There is no air-condition in the room, for summer period it may critical. The windows of the room were on the street, laugh.

Very good breakfast, the room has enough area, you will have tea, coffee and mini bar in the room. Good bed, TV with Lithuania, Polish, English and Russian programs.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have a wider choice. Spa should be free for guests, also considering that it is only a Sauna with little pool.

Location, spacious rooms and comfortable bed

• Standard Double or Twin Room

On all other 4 star hotels we've been on we had slippers in our room, though not in this and we didn't really prepared for it (not a big issue)

Super helpful staff, big room, good location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel very clean , dining room tables laid with white linen & sparkling cutlery , short walk to Acropolis shopping centre and pedestrian part of town .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Building its self, rooms and decoration are a bit old fashion and could be modernized. Looks in some cases time will by stop some time ago, but nothing really disturbing. It´s ok place for short business trip.

Good locations, walking street and big shoping mall very near. Restoran table cover is like in the best fine dinning place, menu is good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some noise from the street though - so next time would prefer a room not facing the street.

Nice big room. Good options for talking a walk or running in the parks or along the river, or on Laisves Aleja.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Customers beware! Hotel employees had access to a printout of my FULL credit card information (card number, expiration date, my full name) on their front desk, judging from the date on the printout, for 2 weeks before my visit at the hotel! Booking.Com confirmed such a practice is illegal. Sure enough, I am now dealing with my bank to recover large unauthorized purchases from my bank account. Stay away.

Good breakfast. Narrow , simple beds. Watch out for your credit card info!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

You cannot reserve a parking place at the site, and if hotel parking is full you'll have to look for a spot to park, even for fee.

Very helpful staff. Relatively good location (25 minutes walk along pedestrian street to the center)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It's hard to find place to walk with a dog near the hotel.

Very good breakfast, big and clean room, nice personel. Very good location. Restaurant in the hotel has tasty food with reasonable prices. Dog friendly :)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

working hours of restraunt could be longer (until 10, we wanted to have some wine later). parking lot - there wasnt enough space for all guests.

pancakes during breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Smoke smell in my room although it was a non smoking room. Breakfast... warm dishes look very sad. Appearance is really bad and no taste. I wish pankaces were meatless.

Convenience of location and OK facilities, that seem to be rather new but look very old fashioned in my opinion. Restaurant staff is pleasant, naturally.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

THERE WERE NO SWEMMING POOL OR SONA AFTER WORK DAY TO ENJOY FREE AS THIS INFORMATION WAS HIDDEN TILL WE REACHED YOUR HOTEL. I ALWAYS FELT LIKE SOMEONE USED TO SMOKE INSIDE.

I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH A STAFF .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room 105 has only two sockets; one in bathroom and another one near the table... Plus there was no possibilities to open the windows or switch air condition on.

Staff was extremely nice and let me to overstay for couple of hours extra for free. Wow. I am so satisfied, that's one of the biggest reasons I am coming back next time. Plus the breakfast is amazing!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

In my opinion hotel infrastructure is quite dated, is asking for renovation. Restaurant is very old fashioned. Breakfast choice options seemed ok, there was variety, but taste and appearance wise - it was really not to the standard of central location hotel of that size. My room ventilation was not spot on (I tried to adjust but nothing changed) and I had to keep my window shut due to the street noise right below my room. No consistency in staff attitude - some were extremely natural and nice, some very formal and distant.

Cleanliness, freshness and warmth of a bathroom and comfy bed (not too soft which is important for me), good coffee in the restaurant (at extra cost though, the included breakfast coffee is not good for my taste). And the convenience of me being in the same building where my studies were held.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Attitude... Did not look like anyone really cared. I really wanted to like the hotel, as we came for a special occasion and booked more than a month ago, but the attitude of staff, starting with space at the parking and the rest, broken coffee machines, unripe green bananas on breakfast table and the lack of presence of management just did not feel acceptable for a 4 star hotel and not welcoming at all. A course in customer service really needs revisiting.

Location of hotel really good. Big clean room, comfortable bed, extra pillows.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Street in front of Hotel being repaired, so some noise during daytime..

Location great, everything is walking distance, Hotel staff friendly, Room was great with reasonable size. Breakfast superb. Secure Parking at the back of Hotel, although a little tight.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We asked for a double room but when we arrived they had a room with 2 single beds pushed together with separate bed linen. I complained at reception. The staff were very polite. They asked could I wait until the next day to get the problem sorted. I agreed as it was 12AM. The next day they put a double foam piece on the bed but still separate covers. I complained again and was told that this particular hotel didn't have double quilts. I thought this was a joke at first but it was confirmed by the reception staff. To their credit they requested double quilts from their sister hotel that evening.

The food was fresh and simple.

• Suite

The room was cold, in the beginning of October there was no heating working besides the AC's on the wall, which clearly codling make the room warm.

The location is amazing, the staff is friendly and helpful. The parking lot is a little bit tiny, but is nicely positioned right behind the hotel.

• Suite

Look from window. Creepy big bilding which was bild and not finished. . Not to much for breakfast. Road works out side the building.

I like the quiet. And bed up stairs was so comfy. Custumer service was very nice and helpful. Clouse to big shoping centre. Lots of walks in old city. Taxis very cheap. Food very nice for breakfast.

• Standard Single Room

Minor complaint (no plug in basin!) not dealt with.

A pleasant hotel, comfortable and quiet room. Very nice buffet breakfast. Pleasant staff. Location is excellent, massive shopping centre and shopping streets a short stroll away. Airport bus (no. 29) stops nearby, again a short stroll. And although it doesn't say on site, tea making facilities in room! Price very reasonable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I do think it's a beautiful hotel but I think the rooms need modernising( not as in I don't like traditional decor but it's aged although well looked after) it's very central so u hear a lot of noise at night.i do think it's worth the money but if I return I'll be bringing earplugs 😀

Breakfast was delicious every morning you have a choice of fried egg sccrambled egg bacon etc as well as continental style. Staff were lovely. Easy to get to from airport catch bus 29 the stop is 5 mins away on kestugio street.(something like gedmino the stop is called)

• Standard Single Room

My first room was marked by a noise from the outdoor airconditioning machines for the whole hotel. Fortunately the staff responded to my asking for another room.

Particularly the staff, who were very helpful. The breakfast was very good. The room was quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was good and roomy.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Sauna was a disappointment. It was warm, but the stones were cold. We didn't get any steam from the stove. Also the ladle to through the water to stove was missing.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the bathroom in the room. For 90 eur and 4 starts it could be better. And something was stinking in the minibar.

I liked the attitude of stuff to my dog. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. Also the location of the hotel is great!

• Standard Single Room

I stayed on 2 occasions. For the first I booked through booking.com. I ordered a smoking room and on site parking. I got a non-smoking room and even though I reserved a parking spot, there was no parking available. The bathroom stank of sewer and stale urine. The second stay was much better, did not reserve parking but could get a spot, bathroom was clean. Breakfast options were limited.

The beds were good. The shower was good. Lots of restaurants in the vicinity.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room had an extremely noisy air conditioning that prevented a good night's rest. I alerted the staff repeatedly upon arrival but no action was taken. Also, two days after I left suddenly an extra charge was made for using a bottle of water, which was not the case. I wish it were better...

Breakfast was good

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The gym is next to the swimming pool but machines are not working. It seems they are switched off or not connected to the outlet. It would be convenient to have a stretch before you visit the sauna. Parking is not the biggest but we had enough space to leave the car.

Hotel was re-branded recently. Surely one of the best places in Kaunas. We have tried quite a few hotels over there in past years. Facilities are good. Breakfast is very hearty with good coffee. Free sauna and a small swimming pool in the morning. We have stayed on the way to and back from vacation and feel like will be coming over again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I really did enjoy a swimming pool, as it was empty in a morning. and sauna was hot allready. Would apprieciate to use sauna also in the evening, but its open only in the morning time. Stuff was nice, let to keep car in parking lot a bit longer next day.

• Suite

Hotel failed to collect us from airport as promised and no communication. When contacted said they had a problem with taxi. Eventually got public bus for 1 Euro but had a bit of a walk with suitcases.

Lovely room/suite with bed upstairs on a mezzanine.

The double bed room where my mom and sister stayed was small in comparison to my room.

I had a single room, and it was very large and comfortable. The location was great, and the price was ok. The staff were very nice, and I particularly enjoyed the gym.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Suite

Because the bedroom was on the mezzanine level, it became a little warm in the evening.

Everything was good about the hotel and the staff were excellent A very nice and clean room Hotel in a central location Excellent value for money

• Standard Single Room

I stayed 3 nights. There was no cleaning service after the first night. If you equip a room with a kettle, it would be nice to supply at least one tea bag per day.

The localization was good, very close to restaurants and shops area. My room was comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- Next time I'll be booking a hotel closer to the old town.

- Very good breakfast. - Possibility to leave luggage for several hours after check out. - Close to the walking street and airport bus stop.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

That the pool only was free to use in the morning 7-10 the same time AS the breakfast. And there was NOT free shuttlebus. And more...we sent mail to hotel and ask for Pick up in AirPort....but they did'nt answer. The fridge....did'nt work...it was very hot.

Location. Easy to go to everthing in kaunas and even to go to bus to velinius. And wii fi.

• Standard Single Room

Location, and breakfast.. Also clean.. Only one staff wasn't helpful to give my key after I came sweated after a lon run, I had to wait ten mins only for a simple key, which took her to give me in ten secs.. Other than this all is positive..

• Standard Single Room

Had to carry suitcase from 3rd to 4th floor.

Very comfortable bed. Well-arranged, practical bathroom. Friendly, helpful restaurant staff. Convenient location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Tax for water ! In my opinion was a bed ideea to put a botle of water on the desk (not in bar) with a big note "3 EURO"!

Very good position, Close to main street safe parking place!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking had a barrier access in and out. To get barrier up you had to ask at reception desk, sometimes had to ask twice which was frustrating and meant you couldn't quickly leave the parking space.

Staff were very helpful, i needed an iron upon arrival and had to get 3 for various reasons and all provided promptly and with a smile.

• Suite

The rooms weren't tidied up is bathroom, beds not made or tea/coffee supplies not topped up or clean cups/glasses provided 😑

The room, the breakfast and the fact the hotel was fairly Central. The dining staff were particularly friendly

• Standard Single Room

Rooms furnishings were well worn, including rugs and didn't feel too clean.

Breakfasts were adequate; location was ideal. Desk staff had adequate English to help with questions and directions

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Baby bed in the room, very good breakfast, closeness to the nice pedestrian zone leading directly to the old town, comfortable, very good value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Views from that window, was ugly empty huge concrete building front of window. Maybe some another room is better views.

Breakfast was good, coffee was excellent. Nice bed and internet connection.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The "spa" wasn't a spa, it was a small pool (about 3x4 meters) and a tired sauna. And it cost 15 euro per person and hour. That's a joke for that bad spa. A really bad joke. I mean, common. You don't even get towels for those 15 euro. And the spa hasn't been cleaned for a while (at least not the toilets there). The good part of the "spa" was that you were alone there. Probably because no one else were so dumb as us and actually paid for that level of facilities. I could go on and talk about the spa for hours, but no... I'll try to hold my horses. The staff looked tired and were not nice. A lot of sighs and some eye rolling. The questions they asked came out more as accusing - rather than just questions. "Are you sure you didn't take the bottle of water for 3 euro? Sure? *sigh*". I mean, treat us guests at least. With a smile and "welcome" you go a long way.

Clean and nice room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Could do with a lift! The immediate environment is a bit dilapidated - but quite a bit of Vilnius is too.

The breakfasts were good, and the original paintings in the hallways.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Bath

We didn't like that we could only use the pool for free between 7 and 10 am.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast had a lot of variety. The hotel was close to a lot of restaurants and tourist attractions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Asked a few simple questions before arrival with no reply. On arrival the receptionist clearly did not like her job, rather grumpy. Bedroom safe worked but was not bolted or attached to anything. Hot water kept going cold this should not happen especially at 7am on a Sunday. Breakfast not available before 8am, we had an early flight so to bad for us.

Good location, good aircon.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel needs serious renovation. More like 2* for interior than 4*. Tired and old interior. If you want nice smelling, nice interior and good stay then you should choose another hotel. Good personnel and cleaning can not save this.

Location is good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I called the staff before booking in order to ask about opportunity of early check in, the staff member promised to call me back but never did. Other staff member directed my guest to the wrong floor.

The room was big enough and it was quiet so we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good as well - there was a lot to choose from.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Bath

We only stayed for a quick night as we were travelling via Baltica. Even we did the booking only 4 hours in advance and the hotel was fully booked, the staff was able to magic for our kids 2 travel beds and it was all nicely laid out.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The price of the booking at the time was worth more than on day of arrival which I thought was unfair and not worth the location which was quiet a long walk to the old town part. We had to take the car there nevertheless shops and restaurants in the new part of town was within walking distance. Also the tv channels didnt offer english drama only news.

Lovely selection of food for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was very strange to find out that there is none electricity socket near the bed and in total in the room I found just 2 of them - 1 on each side near sofa and near to floor, not really comfortable. So I could work with note pc, but without charging it, and I was forced to phone far from bed in which is morning alarm. The bed quality was awful - it was so hard, that in the morning I felt my back not rested but even more tired, so working day was very hard. My colleague who stated that can sleep on any bed - in the morning told that her back pains what never happened. So bed quality is really awful, very HARD. Because of these 2 things I will not take anymore this hotel.

Very nice hotel near old Kaunas part, with nice private parking in the yard, behind the hotel. Hotel - small and causy, with nice breakfast area. I managed to rest well in silence. Wifi worked great! Russian TV channels also included. Worth of its money and corresponds to 4 starts. Breakfast was good, very nice sausages.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The view from the window was horrible - some old creepy building with no windows. Sewerage wasn't working properly - the shower room was full of water, you guys really need a good plumber asap! Some alarm from the neighbor house of some crazy car was beeping all night long so it wasn't the best sleep indeed.

Room was clean, staff was super-helpful, location is fair. Very comfortable parking and the back doors directly from your parking place to the hotel. Breakfast was included into the room price and was really really good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was clean and the windows were soundproof (we lived facing the street) BUT it seemed that the AC wasn't turned on for ages and the filters were clogged because the smell coming out of it was horrible! We nearly suffocated! You couldn't open the window so sleeping was a nightmare. Thank goodness we stayed for only one night. The staff at the reception looked as if they hadn't slept for at least a week, like zombies (maybe their room is with that terrible AC). Besides, they ought to teach them to smile and to put an expression that every guest is welcomed. The staff in the breakfast room was ok as well as the cleaning ladies.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Air con remote was missing.

Breakfast is good and all the basics what you need is there. Location is good, parking is private. Big Akropolis shopping mall is near.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was very warm. No possibility to open window and remote for air conditioner is down at reception. And once the air conditioner is on, it is very loud.

Location is great and easy to access. Breakfast was good enough, though nothing special.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room windows are completely closed (it is good to reduce the noise), but there is no any air conditioning regulation inside room - the temperature inside was too high and impossible to control it. Bar was closed after 22:00 - it is a really strange for the 4 star hotel! Stuff was not trained properly - desk girl put the invoice under private name and told that it is impossible to change (???) despite that it was mentioned in the booking list that I would like to have it under the company name

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Relatively slow check-in, bad smell in the bathroom (room 322), strange noise from ventilation system all night.

Private parking, free WiFi, good coffee for breakfast. Very close to the main street with bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Single Room

swimming pool is very small, only free of charge access for hotel guests in the morning.

Very friendly and helpfull staff at the reception and in the restaurant. Location: at walking distance from pedestrian area, leading to the old town centre. Safe and Free parking behind the hotel. Nice restaurant and good food.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Booked a superior room and specifically requested a bath and double bed. First room they gave us was tiny with no bath. We asked to change room. Second room was tiny again with two twin beds. Asked to change again. Finally they gave the correct room but there was massive stains all over the carpet. There was only two sachets of coffee and tea and no milk. When I asked for milk they charged me for it.the gym swimming pool and sauna were a joke. The sauna was only available in the morning for three hours or else you need to pay. The food in the restaurant was terrible and tiny portions. The breakfast was also terrible.overall was an extremely bad hotel and I can't understand how it is 4 star. I'm shocked it has such good ratings on booking.com also.

The location Was good.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Single Room

The taxi service they use for guests - I asked them to call me a taxi, it arrived shortly, however, the driver did not offer any help with baggage and was not friendly.

Staff, breakfast, location

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Standard Single Room

Found the staff to be very friendly . Room was very clean location very close to the city centre . Where there was bars and restaurant s only a few minutes walk . Bus station was about 10 to 15 minutes walk large shopping centre also very close to the hotel . Breakfast was very nice hot and buffet . Would use this hotel again .

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Standard Single Room

Not in the Hotels control, but the blocked off street meant cars were constantly turning around in front of the Hotel.

I love the entrance and the fact that the room had a great view of the street below. The hotel workers all spoke English, which for me was great because my Lithuanian is horrible.

• Standard Single Room

Hotel might consider also Jewish and Muslim people and prepare breakfast/meat products not only with pork.

The location of the hotel is very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the bathroom was very cold, had to think again before entering it and at night they seem to switch off the heating so it's a real challenge getting out of bed in the morning

the bed was wonderful! had a very good night sleep, the room very clean, staff polite and helpful

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Standard Single Room

The hotel is slightly far from the central train station (maybe a 15-20 minute walk) but certainly doable if not carrying a lot of luggage. Not a whole lot in terms of bars, restaurants, in the immediate area, but the main shopping street is only about a 5 minute walk away.

Large room, clean, friendly staff, good variety of TV channels, decent price.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Booked with car parking – didn’t get it. Booked with one big bed, get two single. Smell in room was looks like there live five smokers before. They didn’t get hot water, it was just warm. Breakfast was total disaster, buffer overclouded and we should wait to get seat. Moreover there wasn’t anything to eat, pots was just empty. Is it really hard to understand how they still got 4 stars.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

If you write than the spa is included, please write also the time. It's easy write the spa is free from 07 to 10 am and late you have to pay 15,00 euros per person. Is not correct do this.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Standard Single Room

Booking was not was good and hotel rooms was not clean , when they give it our group. Hotel surrourding area was not good whit dogs. Only that dogs who want to walk and made they things asphalt and cement.

First evening hotel working people was really super. They try to help and change my room, because first room was not clean. Breakfast was good . And other food. .

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Suite

First we come and try to book in. We wait really long time, Then I get room 3 floor and we go there. Room was not cleen. Then they give other room 2 floor. That was okey. But now I get email that hotel try to take payment 3 floor room, where I have not was. How mess they booking are ? My friend Helena was too sam hotel and they try to find her room . Because all rooms what they give. There was somebody or was not cleen .

Breakfast was good. But hotel out yard was not. Whit Dog was not near any place where was easy to walk ( park )

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room electricity turns off when you leave the room. This is a nuisance as phones, tablets etc cannot be left to charge. Disappointed with meal in restaurant but pleased that waitress asked and discussed problems.

Good breakfast. Comfortable warm room with excellent bathroom.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

sauna and jacuzzi after breakfast you have to pay 30 euro, cleaning i had to ask for it to be done.

Breakfast was ok, close to Akropolis, Laisves Aleja and Zalgiro Arena.

Browse BEST BALTIC Kaunas traveller photo gallery