Reviews of Hotel Belle Vue 3 stars

3, Rue de la Gare, 9420 Vianden, Luxembourg

#3 of 12 hotels in Vianden

• Deluxe Double Room

Included safe and secure parking for motorcycle, spacious room with nice balcony (only with deluxe room), lovely quiet swimming pool. Good location. On our list for a return trip!

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

The only thing that we struggled with was the room temperature. The room was very warm.

We really liked that it was central and it had a swimming pool. It also had a great view of the castle.

• Suite

At check-in it was confirmed, that breakfast is included, at check- out extra cost was added. I claimed it with the receptionist and he kindly deleted the breakfast costs from the bill.

Swimming pool excellent, the hotel is a very good starting point for walking to the castle, along the river or to the dam. The parking place literally next to the hotel is great when you travel with kids.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel has rather old fashioned feel, sort of 30-40 years behind the times - but that's a personal view. Our balcony had a view of the beautiful castle on the hill, but also a view of an industrial unit next door where vehicles started reversing out early in the morning with loud 'beepers'.

We arrived to find a free public parking lot right next to the hotel, just a 10m walk from the car to reception, plenty of spaces available, but it is winter, maybe more difficult to find a space in the summer? Our room was large. Internet was good, we could stream Nexflix HD. Nice indoor swimming pool. Location in very pretty village with good choice of restaurants within walking distance. A visit to the castle is recommended.

We were here 4 years ago and stayed at the same hotel - our room was amazing with a balcony and view of the castle. Loved our first stayed and loved our second stay.

Nice and calm place to stay for a night. Hotel itself has a restaurant and we settled our meals over there. Surprised to find Asian dish there - Nasi Goreng and it is worth to give it a try. There is also special dish - deer meat during this period of time.

• Deluxe Double Room

We noticed a distinct unpleasant odour permeating the room. On complaining to the manager the next day we were given another room. However there was still an odour but to a lesser extent. The bed was uncomfortable and sagged in the centre. The pillows were no better. Toiletries were extremely limited despite the fact that the hotel prides itself on being a health and wellness centre, unfortunately our experience failed to meet this standard. The hotel needs a refurbishment from top to bottom.

The hotel is a two minute walk from the bus stop and a five minute walk to restaurants. On checkout the staff member was extremely helpful.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

There was no king size bed in the big rooms. We had two single beds put together. This was a bit uncomfortable.

The place is perfect if you need to relax and stay in the middle of the nature and escape the city life. The hotel has got an amazing view on the castle of vianden.

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

No parking but public parking behind the hotel that we used for free the whole weekend.

We had a very good stay in this cozy hotel. The location was perfect for hiking and visiting the castle, the room was large and had a good view.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little soft but otherwise it was all very comfortable

We arrived at almost midnight as we had a late flight that was delayed. When we checked in we asked if there was anywhere to get something to eat and were told no as the kitchen was closed. However the very kind fellow went to the kitchen and made us up a plate of very yummy cold meat and salads and we had hot chocolate. It was really lovely - the service was super and we were so so grateful!

• Suite

Second visit to this hotel for us although I have now decided it is a little lacking in service albeit well positioned and fairly reasonable food. The town overall is not cheap and the hotel price reflects that. Why they do not allow residents to run a tab I do not know having to pay for drinks each and every time separately.

• Suite

Nothing. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Everything. This place is amazing. The pool is gorgeous, lovely temperature, with a glass wall essentially at the end with a view of the castle. Pleasant, helpful staff. Nice breakfast buffet. Tofu schnitzel was a nice surprise on the dinner menu. And it was good!

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

The hotel should have a parking lot at it's own property. Now we had to find a place a few blocks away from the hotel. We were lucky to find a place to park, but there were very less spots to park your car even a few blocks away from the hotel.

The room was decorated with wood, which was very beautiful !

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

WiFi was not available in our room (no signal). I guess the room was too close to the elevator shaft. I couldn't work from my laptop which I planned to do. We were offered another room where we could get a signal (barely), but it was dark, just one window, facing the wall, so we decided not to take it.

Stuff was friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast. Location was fine, right next to a free parking lot. All in all, a very nice stay for one night.

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

I didn't like that they lost my reservation and had to wait awhile to figure out what's going on! The staff were pretty helpful though. There was a big mix up in room cancellations from another reservation and they ended up canceling mine.

The location was excellent when visiting the city, everything is within walking distance and had a great view of the castle from our balcony! They had a great pool to relax in with views of the castle as well. We had a great room with two levels. Perfect for travel with kids! Big and comfortable rooms.

• Suite

Quite noisy when dustbin lorries were being cleaned over the road in the early morning. Windows needed to be closed at night to overcome this. Othwise not a problem

Nice rooms with all amenities including tea/coffee making facilities and fridge. Good view to castle and within walking distance of many restaurants. Good local bus service connecting with regular trains to Luxembourg city, all for €4 per person.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing, we all thought it was great and added value to our weekend.

I have stayed at the hotel before about 5 years ago and enjoyed it hence my return. My 3 pals and I were away for a motorcycling tour for 4 days. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and extremely friendly. Motorcyclists are very welcome in Vianden. Breakfast was also good and on a self service basis. Evenings in the bar also friendly with the locals as well as staff. They served local Luxembourg beers and speciality beers. We dined in the restaurant 1 night and service was unrivalled. The spa and gym facilities were also very good. The weather forecast for our weekend was terrible, rain, thunder and lightening and even that turned out to be light showers and brilliant sunshine. Parking in the hotel secure car park was available for our motorcycles at no extra cost giving us complete peace of mind that our bikes were safe. I would recommend Vianden and this hotel in particular. If I go back to Vianden I would certainly book Hotel Belle Vue again.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

The dinner service times could improve - took too long .

We stayed for two nights .The room was comfortable and spacious for a family , clean and neat. From the balcony you could see the castle lit up - a beautiful view. The breakfast was good as well. The swimming pool was well maintained.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

We asked by mail for 1 single double bed but we got two single beds put together. The general look of the hotel is a bit outdated & not very bright, especially when having breakfast!

The hotel was very nice & comfortable. THe staff was very friendly, spoke 3 to 4 languages(or a mix hahaha). BReakfast was very fresh & allaborate. The location was perfect, right in the centre of the city. Very clean rooms, great big bath(i'm 1.92m so very important). Tv has dutch & Flemish as well as international channels. VEry fast WIFI!!!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel location is very noisy. There's a lot of traffic and a really loud business next door (they were cleaning out garage trucks with power washers). Not good if you plan on sleeping in.

Lots of amenities. Great if you like a spa and pool. Good view of the castle from balcony (we got the double room).

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

I tried to change the dates of my stay more than 10 days before I arrived. Booking.com would not make the change and said to contact the hotel directly. I contacted the hotel directly and they told me that Booking.com would not let them make the change. I decided to ask about it on my first night and I was told that it was not possible (although I was changing my reservation from 5 nights to 4 nights). After speaking to the manager on my last night before I checked out and explaining the above (booking.com said the hotel would not allow me to do it, the hotel telling me that booking.com would not allow me to do it), the manager agreed to shorten my stay. It worked out in the end but I felt it should have been easier to alter my reservation especially since I contacted them well in advance.

This hotel was a nice choice for Vianden. It is by the river. My room was large and had a balcony off of it that faced the street. The hotel is very close to the bus stop and about a 10 minute walk to the middle of the town. Breakfast was plentiful and they served espresso which was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Suite

The hotel is not particularly cheap but all worked well, and considering how Vianden is small, the setting is nice. I really had a "Belle vue" from my room.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Not a thing! Honestly!!

Everything about our stay was excellent. This was the fourth time we have used this hotel and have never been disappointed!! Staff, food, rooms and facilities are all great!!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

Strange town - just hotels and restaurants. Almost no ordinary shows. Perhaps that's why there was no fridge, kettle or anything in the room.

Calm and clean

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

I booked a single room for two of us as it was the last available in a hotel. We booked late evening couple of hours before arrival..we took a spontaneous trip and needed a place to sleep for one night. As we arrived(late evening) we were greeted with a smile and very friendly approach. The gentlemen at the reception instantly made us feel very welcome and clearly had guests priorities and needs in mind as he directly told us one of their 4 person rooms is available if we want more comfort so we took it (the price difference was very small). He told us about facilities we can use which made me more excited as they have a pool:) We went to get a drink in the hotel bar and as we walked in, he put a Slovakian love song on for us (we mentioned we are from SR), so he totally made our night after long drive we took there:) At the bar we had fantastic,polite and proffessional service from the night barman. This was definitely one of the best stays we ever had in a hotel. Highly reccommend it! Great location, fantastic service, beautiful and clean rooms!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

We arrived early evening for a 3 night stay and could not get parked at hotel. Car parked at sister hotel overnight and moved to Belle View next day

Clean & comfortable, good breakfast. Friendly staff. Ideally located for town centre and castle and near to bus stop for travel into Luxemburg.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

Quality of the food is low. Better find a restaurant nearby.

Location, employees speak Dutch, WiFi is VERY fast. Room is spacious, good beds, nice patio.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

I found the beds too soft, but that's me!

Informal, friendly family run hotel. Room was great, with fantastic views. Facilities and restaurant was 100%

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking was free but a bit limited, Room basic motel furnishings.

One night stay to see the small town and castle. Room had nice castle view. Room was spacious, clean. One night was ample to see all.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Tea & coffee making facilities in the room would have been very useful but that's a minor thing compared to how brilliant everything else was.

Staff were fantastic, especially a young man called Pevlo, who was extremely helpful and spoke very good english. Bedroom was delightful & very clean, overlooking the castle, which was quite spectacular at night.We only stayed one night but would have loved to stay longer. Will definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

No comments.

The pool was fantastic - wonderful view of the castle, immaculate facilities. In easy reach of the town and its attractions. Free parking right next door.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Pillows were a little lumpy and decor is dated

Spacious room, great view from balcony

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

Great location, walking distance to center

Beautiful town, wonderful hotel!!!

Perfect place!

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

Room was too warm and a little stuffy

Everything!

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

Very pretty location with lots to do and a lovely hotel, spacious room and lots of bars and restaurants there.

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

Room on the 4th floor was hot! No airco. And there were dogs outside making noise. So open windows didn't work.

No airco

Very good staff

Good location for motorbike excursions.

Second room was a bit small with no air con.

Air Con and room was nice, but pool and spa was really good. Friendly staff.

No air con in room

Motorcycle parking underground

Nothing it was all good for 10 blokes on a motorcycle tour

Underground secure garage. Swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Our favorite little hotel in this amazing town. Our third visit here and we will definitely be back!

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is rather impersonal.

Room was large and clean, nice balcony. Swimming pool and sauna are a big plus!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

No draws to put smaller clothes in. The bed was too small

View of the castle from the top room

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Great value and location. Our room had a direct view of the castle! The pool was large and the sauna facilities were nice.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Bathroom was a bit dated but everything worked

Great breakfast and also loved the swimming pool. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

swimming pool closes too early (from 7-7)

nice loft for family use. very clean and cozy. staff is friendly. nice sauna facility.

Darkness of the bar

Extra access to swimming pool and sauna,

• Suite

The temperature!(outside) absolutely freezing, but then, it was the end of December

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Toilet paper and towels, stiff and not soft

The restaurant, beer was excellent

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

That booking .com did not answer my email to booking .com

Nice few clean hotel over all good breakfast value for money friendly staff

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The town is super cute and the hotel had everything necessary. V good to have access to the gym.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, restaurant was fantastic, room was clean and comfortable. Free parking was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Nice clean hotel, with secure parking for our motorbikes.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Good bed excellent location

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Quadruple Room with Balcony

breakfast limited no soya milk

size of the room and the view from the balcony

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Very hot room,lumpy pillows,very dated need upgrade and hear everything next doir

Breakfast was excellent,wifi good staff very helpful and efficient

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Awesome place, inside parking for the motorcycle. Room was excellent but we had a luxury room. Dinner was super and a friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Main road location can be noisy

Very convenient location with good view of the castle and lots of good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

Could be noisy

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Room overlooked by other rooms , curtains didn't fit well

Nice indoor pool , breakfast fantastic

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Dining service was sometimes slow - many patrons (presumably not from the hotel) in the outside portion.

Excellent location; you could see the Vianden castle from our room.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

The desk was not always attended as restaurant staff covers the desk at times. However, it was always very easy to get someone to come and help us once we understood their system.

We had two wonderful nights in Vianden. The room was quite spacious and the location was great, at the base of the hill to the castle and near restaurants and shopping. Our room also had a nice view of the castle from the balcony.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

WIFI terrible and dead half the time, stained white towel in bathroom, horrible shower with no water pressure and having to stand in bathtub

Location, size of room, food in restaurant good

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Location. Very near to vianden castle. Our balcony overlooks the castle and with the lighting at night, it was very nice view. Unfortunately it was a rainy day so we didn't manage to sit out to enjoy the night scene.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

We had a wonderful stay here and even received a surprise upgrade so that we had a room with a balcony and view of the castle. The option to use the sauna is also really nice. Very friendly staff who were attentive to our needs and requests. When the wifi internet became slow, they responded immediately to try and resolve the situation (and it worked). Free parking next door is also great. Highly recommended if you're visiting Vianden.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

we had a third floor room 311 near the road. Could be noisy early eve and if anyone smoked at front door, smoke came right in our room, ha to close the window . We could not see the castle from this room but saw lots on our walk around town

good free parking beside hotel, close to castle , lovely town to visit. Centtrally situated to visit northern Luxembourg.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2015

Our room was very small. We payed for a bigger room but we got the smallest one… This was not fair!!! We paid for a comfort room and we got a standard room. The mattress of the bed is not good The bathroom was old and too small. When you sit on the toilet, you must close the curtain. The shower curtain was also old and dirty. Renovation of the room and bathroom is required!

The hotel is near the small centre of Vianden. There is a free public parking just behind the hotel. The hotel is old but OK. They have a free sauna (naked) and a nice indoor swimming pool. The breakfast was very good (breakfast cost 9,5 euro per person). Also the restaurant was good! Don’t forget to make a reservation on time. There is a pub for drinks and small food.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

Room 1: mattress in the bed was old an too soft. Felt like I was sleeping in a spoon. Bathroom was extremely small (you can easily brush, your teeth while taking a dump...go figure :-) ) and old. Needs renovation (replace bathtub with a shower to make the room more spacious) Room 2: small window. small room, comfortable beds. Only one sauna was operational, open only from 5PM to 8 PM. Why??

Very friendly and helpful staff! Multilingual receptionist/manager. Great breakfast. Nice pool area, nice small sauna and relax area. Room 1: very clean and modern, nice view and multiple windows. Room 2: Nice bathroom with shower. Has been renovated, obviously. No extra charges for the 2 small dogs. No extra charges for car park.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

Breakfast is very ordinary, room could be furnished better specially with coffee maker and reading lights

Location, Specious Room (Deluxe Double Bed room)

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

no coffee and tea making facilities in room :-( this would have made it a perfect stay

Stayed at this lovely hotel for 2 night stay whilst we arranged collection of one of our clients motorbikes to be returned to UK Excellent hotel, really clean, welcoming staff, top class food, stunning views of the castle from our room, very clean room. hotel has secure underground garage for our motorbikes. English speaking staff made us feel very welcome the heated indoor pool looked wonderful although we didn't have our swim wear with us, the next time we go we will make sure we have them. highly recommend this hotel to everyone just fabulous we will come back and stay for a few more days next time. Thank you to all the staff :-)

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Our room (202) overlooked a council depot and we were awoken early by workers on a couple of days - once at 7:30am by a worker jet washing a bin lorry.

Secure garage for my motorbike. Excellent friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

Our room which was a regular double was a little on the small side but this is really nitpicking.

This hotel is situated in a beautiful part of the Duchy of Luxembourg at Vianden. One side of the hotel which we were fortunate to be in, faces the very scenic castle, and all sides face a bit of forested hillside. We liked the fact the hotel had a pool, whilst its charges at the time we were there anyway (mid August) were cheaper than many others that do in our experience. The breakfasts are very comprehensive,. and very good value at €7.5pp at the time of our stay. Apart from the hotel, the town and surroundings are beautiful, transport links including buses are good, the tourist office was very helpful, and food and drink around and about is excellent.

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Belle Vue traveller photo gallery