Reviews of Hotel Parc Belle-Vue 3 stars

5, Avenue Marie Therese, 2132 Luxembourg, Luxembourg

#44 of 71 hotels in Luxembourg

Lighting was dim, not suitable for work purposes. No peephole at the door, safety features are limited even for rooms on the ground floor. Locals probably feel very safe but visitors may not be equally confident of safety in the city. Reception staff assumed visitors understand their system. They could have been more patient and less judgmental.

Spacious. Generally an efficient hotel.

For the price, rooms are basic with no air conditioning or tea/coffee making facilities that you would find in any Holidy Inn/Premier Inn.

Good location a 10min walk to city centre. Nice bar, outdoor seating area and restaurant with simple but well prepared food.

I would have liked clearer instructions on how to get to the parking on arrival.

The breakfast was excellent with a good range of items and plenty of choice.

I had to go through so many doors and halls to get to my room with my luggage! I would have liked the option to be able to turn on AC. I asked for a view room and really didn’t have one.

I liked the restaurant and the surrounding area.

Very outdated with strange layout. Had to move between buildings for reception and breakfast. Rooms were poorly decorated. Terrible pillows. Very thin walls. Breakfast was over crowded, umderstaffed and poor quality. I bought a drink from the vending machine with an expiry date of 2015. The staff were very friendly and helpful and gave my money back but this is very concerning as it is so far out of date.

Location is fantastic. Staff were friendly.

The access to the reception was so far from the road entry, then after we'd checked in we had a long walk back along the path then once inside the building we had a marathon walk along seemingly endless corridors to get to our room. The shower was very small.

The breakfast was good. Hotel is in a great location if using public transport and also close to a lot of the city attractions.

There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room - there are some in the main reception area though. The room was quite noisy as you could hear people coughing in the next room. The breakfast area is located in the restaurant which is in a separate building from the rooms (not an issue - unless it rains)

The location was excellent. The staff were really friendly and happy to help. There was good wifi throughout the hotel and a place to print off boarding cards etc...View was beautiful and in a great location and within 5 minutes walk to the park and the centre. The breakfast at the restaurant had a great selection, and the staff were very helpful.

Website - could not find instructions from/to the airport by public transport. No breakfast on the restaurant terrasse. Breakfast staff looked annoyed probably because everybody tried to enter via terrasse. Why not putting some clear signs for enteance?

Location, view, friendly staff in reception and dinner restaurant.

There was a problem with our online reservation when we reached the reception. Apart from the sudden shock they managed to handle it quickly.

The location is perfect for a traveller. The city center and all the attractions are within waling distance. Amazing view from the rooms and the hotel area.

There was no minifridge, nor water kettle for tea or coffee in the rooms.

The location was very good, 10 minutes walking to the centre; great view from the room; good breakfast buffet.

Staff not friendly and not honest. The first day I asked to recuperate the miles in my card - as they advertised - and the excuse was that I have booked through booking (private booking) and the miles are only available to customers with corporate bookings. In the check out I asked again and another receptionist told me that it was not applicable to the room chosen while the manager came and gave me a completely different excuse that the hotel I was staying was not in the group of hotels advertised... There was not even a bottle of water available in the room and when I asked they said this is only for a suite room and not a superior one. The rate was very high for a business trip and certainly no value for money. I will never choose this hotel again.

small bed not expected.

Room a little small with a wonderful view. Although the website says king sized bed this is not so. The bed is about the size of a double, not even a queen, a bit disappointing. Breakfast was perfect with all the buffet stuff available. Easy parking and short walk to all the sites. All in all good value.

The room was rather cold and it wasn't possible to manage the temperature (or at least I didn't find a way). Not enough power sockets to charge your appliances. Lack of a free-of-charge water in the room.

The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable.

Visit the hotel with an unblocked nose and take a big whiff of the rooms, only stay here if you dont mind extreme damp musty smells

Breakfast was pretty good

A bit expensive for the old facilities and no variety in breakfast

Great location, clean room, nice view from our room, without any noise, friendly staff

Building looks like something out of the 1970s and needs modernisation. Room looking a little bare if not a bit corporate. Missing teabags and coffee capsules.

Spacious room. Good breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff.

25 Euro parking charge for space in car park - uncovered. But no real alternative as street parking limited to 5 hours so no good for overnight. Reception staff very abrupt. Restaurant only ok - Luxembourg speciality items not great quality. Small quantity of soup in a large dish!

Walking distance to old part of town. Pleasant outlook from back of hotel. Good sized bedroom with reasonable shower room. Excellent breakfast choice with helpful staff.

Rooms soundproofing, you can hear housekeeping in next room and on corridors. The biggest problem was the restaurant. I asked for risotto and glass of wine, after taking 3rd fork waiter came with the card machine and ask if I could pay, i fought he needed my room number but no he insisted I should pay now I did then finished the meal (way to salty but ok), and left feeling strange like a criminal, I am going to eat and run. Avoid restaurant. Hotel ok.

In a secluded place, quite modern, good breakfast selections, walking distance to the old town.

Pillows were crap.

Great location to centre and only 20 mins to airport, lovely views outside the hotel. Good variety of food at breakfast we would definitely stay again.

The décor was a little dated but the functionality of everything is what counts. Finding the reception felt like a bit of a trek but there was quite good signage. I didn't like that I had to get up earlier on the Sunday as breakfast finished earlier - I regularly take weekend breaks and all hotels usually have a breakfast later on a Sunday. On the day of checkout (checkout being at 12), I regularly had cleaners come and knock and enter my room from 10AM wanting to come and clean. I was trying to go back to sleep for a little while but gave up and checked out earlier then I planned. The staff in the restaurant, whilst pleasant, were a little too interested in conversing with each other and I had to interrupt to ask for coffee after waiting quite a while.

I found that the room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, the room was warm and there was a lovely view. The reception staff were helpful when I asked questions about public transport and they gave me a map to use when in town. The breakfast was good with a broad selection available.

As stated as we were probably in a room designated for pets it was clean and comfortable. Excellent choice at breakfast more than enough to start the day for a long onward journey.

The restaurant is outside the building so if it’s raining you get wet. Missing toiletries like body cream or cotton pads.

Good location, the breakfast was perfect, the personnel very nice

The parking could have been less expensive (25 euro per night ). Also on holidays during Christmas it could have been free. Could. But it was not. However the receptionist was very helpful and advised a free parking nearby.

The view on the city was astonishing, the location is perfect, the breakfasts were delicious.

The parking was a bit all over the place. We nearly got stuck in trying to leave because of how people were allowed to parl

Very close to town, just a 5 mins walk and near a park where we could take our dog

No kettle or tea/coffee facilities in room. Breakfast very busy and a little manic. We just got a parking space however it was very full.

Location great for seeing Luxembourg

Parking is expensive (25 EU), but it is safe and convenient and they let you drive in and out. We did not have to because we walked to everything. If noise is a problem for sleeping, then we suggest that you ask for a room away from the ravine. Not a serious problem as they don't seem to fly through the night.

Super great location, close to everything. Very close to the Cathedral of Notre Dame and public squares. The brunch breakfast was excellent with a large selection of items.

- When I was the room I could hear all that happens in the corridor. Poor sound isolation. - Parking is waaaaay to expensive

Good location, nice view and close to the center. Wifi was pretty fast. Good breakfast.

Lovely location, very comfortable and clean. Very close to centre and all Christmas markets. Breakfast was delicious and great that it finished at 11am. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back.

We specifically asked for parking, and when checking in they even asked for a credit card to secure the cost of the parking. However, when I returned at around 6pm, there was no parking available - I was told that "parking wasn't guaranteed". As a result of this, I had to find a public parking lot about 10 minutes away, and in the end was very late for an important dinner.

Big, quiet room (we asked to be moved)

It was a good stay. The hotel is walking distance to almost all parts of the city. We didn’t need the car at all. Parking cost €25 per night, so that wasn’t really cheap but having said that I don’t know how pricey street parking is. Our room was standard but just enough for two persons and very clean. Breakfast was fine, nothing fancy but nothing to complain about either. It gets rather crowded during peak hours (9/10–ish). We would stay there again.

Reception was not really helpfull, room was not ready after check in time. Can not be expected to get better service, only one pillow which was over soft can not sleep well. there is no Don't disturb card in room,after i ask one from housekeeping, someone took it from our door. its missing again. restaurant not in the hotel. If you just need the room and no other service, it's ideal to stay this hotel.

clean room, bed comfortable, good location.

The rooms are in a separate building to both the reception and the restaurant/bar and the central outside area is quiet and dark and doesn't feel very safe. They blocked an extra 100 euro on my credit card when I arrived without first checking with me or even explaining. Bathroom was not totally clean. Tea and coffee facilities not available in room so you have to go outside and across to the bar to get a tea and then carry it back in the cold and rain.

Location is close to old town and bus routes. Good breakfast.

I like this hotel very much. It's close to the altstadt and public transport, in a quiet location with wonderful views from some rooms. Helpful staff, spacious bedroom, marvellous breakfast. Great value for money in an expensive city.

When I arrived they charged me a 120 euros caution I wasn't aware they were going to

The location is really good as it's near the station and the center but still at a calm area. The view is lovely, the staff was very nice and the breakfast really good. The room was spacious

Very dated interior, not a standard I had expected from the rating on booking.com Given the price I would have expected the staff to be more tentative and service minded

ok breakfast and good location

The buildings and rooms are rather old. The floor in the room somewhat damaged. The general room very simple and not top renovated. The breakfast ok (the scrambled eggs awful, the rest good). For a simple IBIS hotel or motel that's ok. But this is totally overpriced.

The room was clean, large, with modern, simple IKEA-like furniture, bed comfortable. Quiet. The bathroom renovated.

Rooms looked a bit old fashioned, but they were comfortable.

The hotel is in a nice area next to a park, 5 minutes walk to the centre. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very satisfying, with lots of option. Generally, a good value for money hotel for Luxemburg.

Small rooms, old fashioned bathroom, very warm room - I could not sleep. I have stayed at the same hotel three years ago and I had the best sleep of my life there. That is why I booked once again the same hotel. Unfortunately, I got a very much smaller and old fashioned room than three years ago. I asked the personel why is that and we figure out that three years ago I have been upgraded to the plasa hotel. So give some more money and book the plasa hotel of the same company. Plasa is much more comfortable, bigger ans stylish rooms. At this hotel I had the worst sleep in my life, whereas at the Plasa the best one.

The personel is very kind, the breakfast relative good.

Quite an ugly hotel (in and outside)-> old school, bad style and taste (even in corridors). I got better places before for that money. You walk all around outside to get to the breakfast. 5,20€ for a tea bag? Mold in the shower. No fridge in rooms. Breakfast not bad, but scrambled eggs taste horrible (not sure if it's real eggs). They struggle to refill the buffet when it's busy. For 3 stars I thought it was too expensive.

The bed was comfy, staff nice and helpful. 10minutes walk to get into the city center.

Not double bed as promissed, it was two saperate beds attached. No coffee maker at room Breakfast was in different building and it is freezing at morning time

Stuff were viry nice and assisting Location very good with walking distance from all touristic sites

The room was too basic. For this price in other european central hotels a person can get a bit more comfort. But for a one night stand it is perfectly acceptable.

The location with regards to the proximity of the old city center and the shopping possibilities as well as being able to see most of the sight seeings was great!

Some of the staff members at reception were not very friendly or welcoming. Also, it is hard to enjoy the great variety of sweet items at breakfast when outside because of the bees. I was forced to move inside to finish my breakfast a couple of times and the temperature was a bit too high over there. I could easily hear noise from the corridor and the other rooms but luckily there were not many guests when I visited.

The room view was just amazing as it overlooks the Petrusse Valley, and many trees and greenery are visible even when lying down in bed. The room felt comfortable, warm and was always cleaned thoroughly. The position of the hotel is also very handy to go back and forth from the city centre; it is only 5-10 minutes from Place du Constitucion. I would gladly go back and enjoy some more time relaxing in Luxembourg!

they charge you 1.50 euros to use hot water to make a cup of tea. pillows in the bedroom were completely useless. soft isn't the word. I had to ask the staff to clean our room on the first day as they forgot.

location was brilliant with great views from the bar on-site. staff were very polite and spoke great English.

Underneath a flight path, noisy. Doors in corridors banged through the night when used. Place is like a school built in the sixties and the very limited parking is expensive.

View from window over a building site. Rather strange modern building with lots of doors and security locks, rather like a student accommodation block. Rather lacking in any character.

Very convenient position for the key attractions. Clean and quiet,very friendly staff. Excellent buffet breakfast included in price.

Poor room, unfriendly reception staff upon arrival (departure staff member was OK). Offered parking via Booking.com not available., only limited amount and fee applicable (24 Euros for one night!!) so we parked on the street.

General distance to city centre was good. Breakfast was very good.

It took very long time to get served at the resturant. We were alone as guest at the resturant one day. Even if we were the only guest, they seemed to be interested in doing other things than give sevice to us. But they vere nice and smiling when they came, in the end! Some noise from people in other rooms.

Good bed, niice big room.Nice wiev. Good breakfast, good location.

After being reassured that i would be able to check out and claim my refunded surcharge amount at 4:30am, in order to catch my trains back to London, I was met with a 'gone for 5mins' sign. 10mins later the night manager returned with a newspaper in his hand, and slowly processed my refund, in spite of me letting hik know i was close to missing my travel plans. he only said 'sorry' after i asked him wjy he hadn't even apologised. utterly unprofessional, and almost cost me hundreds of euros to put right. fortunately, i caught my train, though with only moments to spare. totally unnessasary stress, all so the night manager could pick up his newspaper.

The parking place was full when we arrived.

We had some issue with the reservation. I've got an email from 2 nights but the hotel got only one night. The receptionist were very helpful and friendly she solved our problem in few minutes. The breakfast was very delicious. The location of the hotel is very good. It is 5 minutes far from the city center by walk.

Breakfast was not a good experience. There is not enough staff to help, make the tables ready and refill the buffet. They were really busy. Poor girls. Not good working conditions

The dinner was fine, and the waiters excellent.

Everything was terrible.

The staff was helpful but there were no toiletries in the room and no water to drink either. For the amount of money they charge it is a very bad hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Parking was costly at 25 euros for an overnight stay but worth it as it was secure and there was no other parking nearby that we could see.

Very good location, within easy walking distance of the shops, sights, restaurants and bars. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Secure parking on site (though costly). Restaurant on site, good evening meal and breakfast buffet. Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

We had a great view Everyday and excellent cleaning service Great location close to the center and to the train station Really friendly and helpful staff

More of a buisness and conference center than a hotel. Small bottle of water was the same price as beer €2.50. Historic area is ~10 minute walk, thus not the closest hotel for tourists.

The hotel is setup like a campus with rooms in multiple buildings, a conference center and restaurant is in a separate building with a bar area. The pizza is good and you can order in the bar and bring back to your room if you don't want to wait for room service. The breakfast was amazing and the hotel overlooks the river valley so there are good views from some areas and rooms. The staff was nice although they didn't have a room ready for us any earlier than the 15:00 checkin even though we requested. The baby cot was in the room when we arrived. A nice park is across the street from the hotel. Taxi from the train station is €9.

Staff were courteous but not exactly friendly -

Hotel was starsightforward go find but confusing barrier which told you that parking cost 2€ per hour! Nice modern hotel geared specifically for business users - underground parking was 25€ per space and until we managed it, they didn't believe we could get four large motorcycles in one space! Very money conscious . . . . Breakfast was 50 yards away in the restaurant - not good if it happened to be raining! Rooms were clean, well furnished and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

If you don't mind the fact that the hotel is a rather ugly concrete jungle then you'll be fine. No air conditioning. Certainly not worth the money for a few days away. Bar service was somewhere between non-existent and slow.

The location was fine as the City itself is compact, just a 10 minute stroll through a park to the centre. The hotel staff were knowledgeable but certainly not friendly (with one exception). Rooms were fine, clean and well maintained. Good WiFi throughout, as there is across the city.

Booked a king sized bed, got a twin bed and fell several times in between; room wasn't hygienic and bathroom was even worse! Water didn't flush through the drain. Also spotted mold all over the bathroom; Lastly, the rooms aren't soundproof at all. I don't need to further explain :) Conclusion: will never ever come back here again!

Location of this hotel is fantastic! Its on a walking distance from Luxembourg's centre and next to the main park. Personnel is friendly and food (dinner/breakfast) is great

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

We’ve stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It’s located just 10 minutes away from the city centre in a green area where you hear the birds singing! So peaceful! We booked a room with views which had a terrace and you could walk outside and see The Adolph Bridge to your left. Our check-in took a bit longer because for some reason their system just registered 1 night instead of 2 and I had to use another card to check us in. The gentleman in the reception was extremely helpful and quickly resolved the matter. We didn’t pay any extra fee, fill in a form or wait till they copy our IDs as in other countries. We were informed that parking costs 25€ per night but during the weekend you can park for free in the street. This was good news because I was told that parking was very expensive and difficult and that’s why we intended to park in the hotel. The room and bathroom were clean & comfortable and had basic toiletries. Room service is just until 22.30 for pizzas from the hotel’s restaurant. Regarding the restaurant, we had breakfast and dinner there. There was plenty of choice for breakfast and the coffee was surprisingly good as well. We had dinner there on Saturday and it was delicious. Although the menu is mainly Italian cuisine you could choose a few Luxembourgish dishes. The staff was super kind & helpful. Just for your information, on Sunday’s breakfast it’s extremely busy so take that into account if you aren’t an early bird. They have a nice terrace outside which we couldn’t enjoy because of the weather. the also have bar. ( open until 1am) I have already recommended this place in my office and definitely we’ll come back in the future.

The room service for cleaning was very bad. The room wasnt cleaned even at 4pm! The bed were so uncomfortable. The walls of the room were so thin i could even hear the tv of the room which was located upstairs

The location was good and wifi connection was free

No tea/coffee making facilities in room . Parking charge of euro 25 a night quite high. Quite basic accommodation but fine for an overnight stay .

Comfortable beds and very close to the centre of town

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Hotel staff not at all helpful my room was the furthest from the lift meaning I had to walk down 3 corridors with heavy suitcases the toiletries had already been used. Considering I booked this hotel months ago & they knew I was arriving I think hey could have been a lot more helpful

The shower fills up to your ankles with water as the drains must be blocked? They also had mouldy seals in the shower. It would have been nice to get a little ventilation (you can only slightly open the window) and there was no air conditioning to cool it down initially. No fridge so we couldn't store any food for our walking trips, no affordable toothpaste 5 euros for a kit (would be nice if it was in the vending machine). The doors closed quite noisily and the rooms were basic and a bit outdated. Would also be nice if they had an additional pillow somewhere.

The breakfast was really good, with a large selection of hot and cold food. This was probably the only thing I really liked about this hotel. The beds were relatively comfortable but no extra pillows. A short walk into the city which was handy. Also the staff member at the restaurant was lovely when we asked for a couple of wine glasses in the evening (although he was only able to lend out 2, and we needed 3).

Paid parking

Everything was so close, it took less that 10 mins to be in centre. Beautiful views through room window. Restaurant and bar facilities in hotel

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Hotel a bit basic, but clean. Bathroom could have done with a bit of rennovating, but these were only aesthetic issues.

Good location, good view. Restaurant was very nice and the staff were fantastic.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

It looks very much like a motel from the outside and does not change much from the inside. Too expensive for the quality delivered. If you want to have breakfast you need to go I am not even very sure where, outside of the complex.

The step down into the shower was very deep, so rather dangerous when getting out with wet feet. Why do hotels charge such ridiculous sums for breakfast.

Central location only 10 minutes from Old Town. Secure car parking. Staff helpful.

Even if room was on valley side, the view was hidden by trees and a basket ball camp. A bit chaotic to get into the room, lot of corridors and stairs and doors etc.

Clean, quiet. Good location as you can walk to the city centre

Basic facilities. Small shower.

Very friendly and accommodating staff. The hotel was within walking distance to the center. Comfortable bed. Good value for money in an area where most other hotels are quite more expensive.

Reception is not well prepared to handle different situations, sometimes not even friendly. I booked a standard double bed, got 2 separate beds, they were not able to check what i reserved and if i paid?! They asked for me to pay again

The location is very good, close to city center

Breakfast is just too expensive for the budget traveller - especially when Luxembourg City has many 'resonable' bakeries.

Really nice, clean and basic room. Perfect location and the staff were so very friendly and helpful, especially when we wanted to take a day trip to the castle. would definitely return.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

No negatives.

Great value hotel, with a lovely view; clean and quirky. A decent, large bar on site, and a skittles alley! Very friendly and polite staff.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Parking is a bit high at 20 Euros a day , but on par to other hotels and very secure.

The room was very clean, modern and well appointed. There was always a full staff so there was little or no waiting in check in and check out. Food was top. Location close to everything. I continue to come back to this hotel when in Luxembourg

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The room which is advertised as double consisted of two separate mattresses which makes it more like a twin. Staff was fine, they were trying to help us out with our problem with a booking as much as they could. What I didn't like is the fact they discussed it in front of us in French assuming we don't speak / understand the language, which I find a bit unprofessional.

Spacious room and close to the centre.

Location is perfect, very close to the city centre and to the sighseeings. Friendly staff. Good connection to the train stattion. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Keycard stopped working, though I think that's usually the case with late check-out. Spartan room design.

Friendly welcome, request for late check-out went smoothly. Pretty OK place, nothing more.

Browse Hotel Parc Belle-Vue traveller photo gallery