Reviews of Dome Pearl Hostel

6.1

6.1

6.2

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The worst hostel ever!! Dirty room and linens, no towels and no comfort at all!!! I know it was a cheap room, but it was not worth staying here!! The only good deal is the location.

Comfortable stay in the heart of Riga

We were able to connect to the wifi but suffered some interruptions.

It was a very good stay. Right in the heart of Riga is the perfect location for Old Town meetings or touristic excursions.

Nice big room with ten beds was given to us as a private ...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Third floor room WITHOUT elevator. Common bathroom , shower without warm water. Very difficult parking (expensive payed garages)

Nice big room with ten beds was given to us as a private room for two. Very good price. In the very center of the city. Nice view. Friendly owner, gave us a priceless free center parking lot ( thank you very much). The best food was right next door ( LIDO) .

Old horribly run down hotel ! Worse experience!
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

Where to begin ! The reception guy was so lost ! He had no idea what he was doing ! Luckily there was an indian guy helping him out who was quick and understood better ! The pillows were like maybe 10 years old and so was the blanket ! The toilet was rusted the seat had holes in them ! One shower only had hot water and it was really dirty ! The dishes and bin was left in the kitchen for like 10 days ! The floors were squeaky and the walls were superthin ! You can hear the person whisper in the other room !

An unpleasant stay
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

I'm sorry to say this place was a really unpleasant one. It felt like no one had taken care of the place in a long time. Reception, corridors, kitchen, showers and toilets seemed liked they hadn't been cleaned for ages. It smelled awful everywhere and the carbage baskets were over full everywhere. We had a private room for two, where the beds were shabby and there were dark, mould-looking dots in the linen and blankets as well as in the towels size of a stamp. There was no warm water in the showers in the morning. We ordered a daily breakfast for our stay via booking.com but it was a no-show, and the reason for this was never explained. The staff refunded the money for the breakfast but did not apologize or tell us why did they not bring it.

The location was good. Nothing else really worked.

The hostel double charged for the stay and are ignoring their responsibilities.

Dome Pearl Hostel for double charged my 1 night stay, I paid cash at the checkin but the staff forgot to check us into the system so money was also taken from my card registered in the booking.com account. Even though the staff said they would transfer the refund the next day but until now I did not receive the money and since 25/06/18 the staff been ignoring his responsibilities and my messages on WhatsApp.

Excellent location, fair price, mediocre rooms
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It's a bit loud at night if your windows are to the streeet side. And the main area with rooms could be just a bit more cozy.

The location was amazing, you wake up and you see through the window the old town.

Friendly staff, good location, but not clean at all. I will not book again.

When we arrived our room was booked so they accommodated us in a different building in front of the hostel. The room was not clean, the bed sheets were used and worst of all was that I woke up with bites of insects in my arms and legs. After a week, it still feels itchy. I assume that they haven't properly cleaned that room for a long time.

We liked the location, it is in the heart of Riga's Old Town. And the staff was helpful with our luggage to take it upstairs as the hostel has no elevator.

Cheap and spacious, but dirty

We were not able to check in at the time announced. Our room was in a flat in another building, but that's OK. Though, we had to walk back for towels. The room was large, but very smelly and noisy. The kitchen and the bathroom were dirty and smelly. There were no cups, but variable half empty food boxes... It was not expensive, but we wouldn't pay more (30€/night for the two of us)

Very central in the Tourist area of Riga Old Town.

nice stay
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Facilities

Lack of towel and sheets, that we only noticed when the reception was closed=(.

It was perfect for what we needed - a room in the centre to stay over night,

Good for a short-term stay, especially in spring time and summer.
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

The hostel premises have not yet been properly renovated and this may get in the way of a pleasant experience. The towels provided are far too small to be used in the shower, so it's best that you bring your own. Some of the bathroom locks need to be fixed.

The location is excellent - the hostel is right in the Old Town. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hostel is just on top of restaurant facilities, which provides you with a decent scope of choices for lunch and dinner.

It was Ok for two nights
    • Triple Room with shared facilities

Only one toilet, bathrooms need to be repaired (some things are broken) and there is no place where to leave your clothes while you are taking a shower.

We arrived late, about at midnight but there was no problem to check in. I also liked being able to live with a dog. WiFi was ok.

Only possible to sleep during the day when administrator also sleeps.
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

EXTREMELY noisy staff and other visitors. Yelling and very loud talking all night long, very difficult to sleep in rooms next to the reception. Worst thing is that administrator on duty didn't care about this at all, even after serious complaining.

Location is very good, although some people might not enjoy going up the stairs.

One night stay can be considered due to a good location. Facilities doesn't meet modern standards
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was somekind of family room. One huge double bed, and two smaller. Any of them weren't on a wery good condition. Also because I were alone there it felt bit humbly to have such a big private room. The room had ony one elecktronic socket for charging electronic devices and it was not near any table or bed. The room didnt had any trash bin, i had to search it from the corridor or toilets. Some of them were full.

Location, nothing else. Okey, maybe the silence as well. The walls are paper and you will easily to be heard on and hear your neighbouring room. Luckily my neighbours were a quiet nice young pair.

Ok, but I expected more
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Potential isn't realized, in rooms there are broken furniture, few shower cabins with one shutter without in general, on the second floor there is no kitchen, "kitchen" locating in a corridor. Just a table.

Location and the building are perfect. There are rooms with windows to the courtyard for those who appreciates silence.

I paid 90 euros for a single room which I did not get and...

I paid 90 euros for a single room which I did not get and the room I was given the manager wanted me to share with 5 strangers and was very unclean so I had to share a bed in my friends room

A place in serious need of maintenance
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

It smells really bad. The place is in desperate need of maintenance. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom. It's not clean at all.

The location is fantastic. The staff is helpful. The room is decent.

Perfect location and lovely staff.cold water most of the time and noise coming from other rooms
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Cold shower, stayed 3 nights had showered and washed my hair 3 times in cold water, in the morning and the evening

The comfy bed,space, location, kettle

Cold, cheap, central and dirty
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

It was really cold and dirty. The shower had mildew and had very bad conditions. One of the showers had only some drops of cold water. The whole hostel was freezing cold and we got really thin quilts. The pictures lied alot.

I just needed a place for one night to catch an early plane...
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

The whole place could be cleaner. There is a strange smell. Some renovation would be also appreciated. There was no wardrobe in the room, just a broken frame of it. For a longer stay must be annoying. You hear your neighbours perfectly through thin walls. The door on the room could be better, it didn't feel very safe with the glass window, plus the light from the corridor came in at night.

I just needed a place for one night to catch an early plane in the morning, so looked for a cheap central place in a busy period. The hostel looks amazing from outside, but is very disappointing inside. The room was very simple, but had what I needed: a bed with clean linnen and towel, heating, hot water in the common bathroom. The bathroom could be cleaner. Location is great, there is a restaurant and a bar right downstairs. The receptionist was very friendly, even spoke Slovak/Czech.

Nice location in the middle of the old town. Nice apartment.
    • Room for 5 people with shared facilities

We made a mistake in the booking since we didn't see that it said "shared facilities" which meant that you had to share the toilet and shower with others in the corridor. But we switched to an apartment which was quite comfortable and not expensive.

We liked the apartment we switched to. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

If you want to get wasted and pass out at 4am, stay here. Everyone else: you can do better!
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

-stagnant puddle of (?) inside the front door. -horrible stench in the bathroom and entire common area. -drunk man pooping with door open (first night). -confused drunk man trying to open our door (first night). -drunk man muttering and barfing in sink (second night). -depressing room. (Disclaimer: we always stay I bare bones, budget hostels...we aren't usually dissatisfied. This place was GROSS.)

Amenable staff.

It wasn't my first time at this hostel so, despite some minor drawbacks, I had a wonderful stay.
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

There wasn't hot water in the shower and there was an unpleasant smell somewhere around the so-called kitchen, which at least could have a microwave...

The location (and the view) is excellent and the beds are comfy. The atmosphere there is very cosy in general, a bit shabby though.

Best hostel in Riga!
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

Nothing. Everything in here is superb for the prices charged.

The hostel isn't fancy, but value for money paid for a single night it is super! Totally recommend it, nice staff, very clean space, quietness, and excellent location. In the kitchen you can even cook! Would stay for longer period in leisure definitely! Great to get to know Riga Old Town!

Locations is perfect, right in the center
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

The place was extremely dirty: showers covered in hair and mold, rooms mattresses old and dirty. When I asked the staff to please clean the shower they only removed one empty shower gel bottle but did not clean the floor or the walls. The toilets we're not fixed to the floor and there was always a sewer smell in the building and in the third floor. People should know that the only attractive feature of this hotel is it's price but I would definitely have preferred paying a few euros more to not catch feet cancer.

Locations is perfect, right in the center

A great find in the heart of Riga
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

The only access is by stairs, no elevator. Beware with heavy luggage. The location has no street lights at night, which is a bit weird, but not problematic. Card payments after 23h are not accepted.

The hotel is in a great central location, you can access everything in Riga's centre from there just by walking. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the receptionist gives you hints and tips on what to visit, do, where to eat... very helpful. Facilities are very simple, you won't get a fantastic view, but considering the price, the comfort offered and the quietness, its fantastic value for money. Tidy room, simple interior, good conservation considering the building is very old. A great choice. Also close to atm machine. Walking distance to bus station about 15 mins. Shared facilities in mint condition. Microwave. All in all, great.

Excellent location
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

The location was great. The facilities were good. There were only few people in the hostel, so we have enough space and privacy. Quick check in and out

Great location, poor facilities
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Dirty bathroom. Sorry to say this but seriously there were still hair in the shower which I find really disgusting. And the bathroom was smelly..

Very good deal for this price!
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

Big room for a good price in heart of Old Town. We didn't really sleep there, just left the bags 'till our early morning flight Definitely value for money!

Excellent value for money
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

Unsure if the bed sheets were clean..... don't like to complain but you get what you pay for I guess

Perfectly priced and very well located for access to Riga's Old Town. Wouldn't want to stay too long but ideal for a quick visit.

Terrible - I had to leave after 1 night and stay somewhere else where I would be able to get sleep.

I had a rock band come in at 1am and made noise for a couple of hours in the communal area next to my bedroom, I brought this up with the hostel management the next day and decided to leave to stay somewhere else where I would be able to get a night sleep. They refused to refund me for that 2nd night - despite me checking out at 9.45am, and said they didn't care about how I reviewed them on Booking / Trip Advisor. I know Hostel's take a more relaxed attitude to guest noise etc but there bound to superior options in Riga than this place. Hostel could have been cleaner - there were tissues left in my room, dust on the furniture and the beds were dirty. Hostel could been much quieter. Hostel could add curtains to the bedroom so you don't get woken up at 5.30am with the sunrise. Could provide towels for guests. Bedroom was on 5th floor so quite a climb with no lift.

Nothing positive to say about this dump.

Excel. (Loc. +Val) & V.G. (Staf +Ht.) & G. (Rm.) =8.4/10
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

LOC.: In heart walk D.T. A. _All attr. Cls. _Tr. +Intl. bus st. =1km E. =(10min. walk &No Transp.) _Airp. ->stop cls. =100m S. bus #22 +2eu +Dur. 20-30 min. +06-23:00 _Maxime &Rimi SuerM. Around _Recommend “Jumala” B. &Resort by commuter =2.8eu return +dur. 30min. +06-23:00 _FREE w. tour ->Start front Cathedral =11/12:00 +150min. +in &out D.T.__ RM.: As describe w.\ v. big bed w.r.t. Rm. A. _Large court v. window (not city v. w.\ light curtain) so, G. instead of V.G. =7.5/10__ Share BATH: 2(show +bath)/ fl. +Hot water +Limit enough access.__ HT.: Old bldg. @2+3 fl. _Recep. Incl. (Com. Not bad TV w.\ sm. sit. A. +Big Ref. +Micro +Toaster _No PC st. as describe &Don’t use wi-fi _v. val. _In each fl. -> Kitchen w.\ Ket &24hr FREE T.\ Cof. So, V.G. instead of G. =8.0/10__ STAF: 24hr +Eng +Trip &Map &G. accurate Info. +Working &All +V. help _2key &Code for bldg. gate +Med. Cln. _But, Mgmt can’t arrange city v. Rm. (as book) in spite of Reserv. Before 2M. (some can) so, V.G. instead of Excel. =8.5/10__

It was like an "Escape from Strange Hostel" experience... and not in a good way
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

The lights in the stairwell of the reception are broken so you'll have to walk up a completely pitch-black stairwell - a grim and frightening first impression. I booked a private room but the room and other common facilities were not clean - dust, crumbs, hairballs everywhere. Toilets were not clean and seat cover of toilet was broken. Table inside the private room was dusty and covered in weird crumbs. Sheets had weird black dust balls at bottom, which made me worried about mice and bed bugs. I did not even feel comfortable lying down in the bed unless I was wrapped up in my raincoat for protection. As a solo female traveller I was not comfortable when on arrival I saw all the other residents in the hostel were male - didn't see any other females. Because of that, I felt safer sitting outside in public at the bars until their closing time - even getting chatted up by random drunk latvians was less creepy than sitting inside the hostel. I was woken up at around 5am by a ton of banging and dragging sounds - what sounded to me as if someone was noisily dragging a corpse or mattress or huge items out of the next door room. I grabbed my bags and left at the earliest possible hour. Had I not arrived so late in Riga (past 11pm, because of transport delays), I would have tried to find alternative accommodations.

The staff were helpful and very friendly and the location is extremely convenient and central in the Old Town of Riga. They had free wifi and a random assortment of common facilities such as kitchen, cooking area, utensils, drying racks for clothing, lots of maps and books, etc. Sadly, the conditions were so grim I am going to have to leave a bad review.

Excellent friendly service and professionalism
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Everything was good so I have no complaints. The original hostel location was a bit more difficult to find as there is a hotel with a similar name on the exact same street.

When I got there, the staff there told me how they couldn't give me the original double room with a private bathroom since the bathroom wasn't working so they had to move me to another location. It was much more than I had paid for but they explained how I had paid for a private bathroom, hence they had to offer it and they had another staff member walk me over to the other location (still very central) and I ended up with a 2 bed 2 bathroom flat with more facilities than I was expecting. The place was very safe and clean. Whilst waiting, the staff also gave me maps and tried his best to help me with any inquiries that I had about the city, visiting, shopping, etc.

Hotel is situated in the heart of Riga's Old town - Doma...
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Walls are too thing - sometimes you can hear another room:)

Hotel is situated in the heart of Riga's Old town - Doma square. Easy to get here, rooms are clean and comfortable, facilities are working good.

It is a good place to stay!
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

The shower drain was clogged and the water was coming back. There is a long stairway and no elevator.

The location is perfect!! The staff is very nice and told me about the city and best places to go.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Get what you pay for.

Rubbish bags at bottom of the stairwell

Your left to get on with whatever your there for and no complaints from staff even though we were a little boisterous.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great location and helpful staff, got big room with a view...
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Outside noise will not subside untill late in the night, so bring your earplugs.

Great location and helpful staff, got big room with a view over the Dome Cathedral.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Hostel in great location in Old Town
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Not much. One of the showers was pretty dirty but I think that someone had been washing clothes in there so you can't blame that on the place. Unfortunately it looked exactly the same next day!

Let's understand what we are talking about. This is effectively a hostel for young people, not old geezers like me who might like something a bit nicer! If I'd scored it on this basis, my score would probably have been a lot better. So, the good stuff - there's a lot! The location is brilliant: easy walk from the bus stop to/from the airport (no. 22); adjacent to Lido cafeteria/restaurant where the food was good and affordable for anyone; a few yards from a good outdoor pub/beer garden with good drinks, food and live music on 3 small stages; in the middle of Riga Old Town with easy walks/links to the rest of Riga; 15-20 minutes walk from most of the stuff you want. The guys in charge were great and helpful: I arrived (as I realised later) 2 hours after checkin closed - I had told them my ETA and they waited for me; they let me use the office internet to check my onward flight; they gave a few salient tips about the immediate area that made my stay much easier; they were very relaxed generally. The room I had was a 3-person room that I had as single occupant. Downside: it had bunk beds and was, shall we say, plainly decorated. The upside: it was a large room, reasonable double bed, table and chairs, sofa, nice view over the square. Tea/coffee etc was available (if a little ad hoc) and basic self-catering is certainly possible. And checkout at 14.00 - great if you have an afternoon/evening flight as I had. VFM? Definitely. Would I stay here again? I think I would.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It is in centre town
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Toilet smell a lot! 4tg floor without lift. And finally I asked for a taxi reservation in hotel but next morning it was not taxi and reception was closed.

It is in centre town

Great Stay if your a mature well behaved group out for a few beers and a good time.
    • Room for 6 people with shared facilities

Bit of a smell from toilet drainage around the toilet areas, otherwise no complaints

Perfect if you are just after a bed. After all you get what you pay for, room secure and watched over by 24 hour staff, staff very helpful for booking taxis and activities. The beer bike outside is great, and Jurmala beach is well worth a visit 15 eur e/w in a taxi if the sun is out! The bar downstairs is great to, it does in excess of 50 beers. Breakfast is a bit of a mission there's a really good place called 'big bad bagels' about a 15 minute walk through town. Great Stay if your a mature well behaved group of lads out for a few beers and a good time, this is not a party hostel.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great location for travelers on a budget
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Unlike many hostels little or no comunal area to make or eat food or relax and meet fellow travelers.

Location can´t be much better. Right in the heart of the old town lots of cafes and restaurants steps away. Friendly and helpful staff. Very quiet during my stay. Across the street was a little public area to relax and enjoy the sun.

Disappointing stay, albeit great location
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Two of the three staff workers did not speak English, the third one was an incredibly rude guy. Thin walls, lots of noise, transparent curtains so lots of light in the room in the early morning, uncomfortable bed, dirty showers

Great location (middle of the old town centre)

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Terrible hygiene
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

This was the worst hostel I have ever been during my travelling. Except location, everything was bad. The rooms were smelly, without any hygiene in bathrooms and showers. Water was not warm, but barely mild. Also, the stuff was not at the reception when I wanted to check out, even if they start at 11:00 and I was waiting for them 20 minutes (even after no one came)

Location - the only good thing.

• Double Room with Shared Facilities

it's not the first time i lived in dome pearl. everytime it's getting more dirty and everything is falling apart. rooms small and dirty, showers are broken and really really cold. and price is too high for this offer.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

the location was great
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

missing of a proper heating system in the room. Missing of any heating system for the toilet. Private toilet unclean. Dirty room. Dirty bed.

the location was great

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Awful service, rooms, worst place I've been
    • Room for 5 people with shared facilities

Firstly, the reception was right next to the rooms with the only bathroom being in the hallway, meaning that you would have to pass the receptionist in order to go anywhere which makes it hard to feel comfortable in the hostel. The bathroom didn't have toilet paper for half of our stay. The hallway always had a weird smell - coming either from the plumbing or the receptionist eating strange food. It seemed like he was acting more like he is at home rather than work; at night, he was blasting Russian techno music and loudly talking. I understand that other visitors may be loud but surely the receptionist should act professional. Besides, I saw that he ate and most likely slept there, as there was a bed next to the desk. The room itself was awful as well. The walls were paper thin - you could even hear people snoring in the other room across the hall. As I was climbing up on a bunk bed, it literally started falling apart on top of my friend who was sitting on the bottom bunk. When we told the receptionist about this, he only brushed it off and told us to use the other beds in the room, which also didn't look stable. Some of the bedsheets looked old and unclean. All in all, this was the worst place I have ever stayed at and I strongly urge you to click off this page and find a better hostel.

Good location, besides being above a bar which meant the occassional sounds.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Good and quiet place to visit the city
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Maybe not the best place if you want to meet other travellers but if would be more adapted it's a private atmosphere you are looking for

Good place to visit the city. The location was excellent, close to everything in the old town. It was easy to relax there as the hostel was quiet

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

great position,perfect for a short visit in riga
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

wi-fi didn't work in the room,and the corridor was a Little bit cold and had a weird smell.

the hostel is in a Perfect position close to the riga dome. staff was really kind and the room was crear. I would chose it again for sure, to spend one or two nights.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Inexpensive, yet outdated accommodation in old center of Riga
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room and furniture outdated, cleanliness should be better. Wifi inexistent, luckily one could use the free public city wifi internet (Lattelecom_free)

Location in old town, beautiful facade of the building

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Good location is not enough
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

The hostel itself looks neglected and shabby. And when I mean shabby, it's far from trendy "shabby chick" style. WiFi connection is very very poor, so forget youtube streaming or skype/whatsapp calls, because it just keeps disconnecting all the time. The staff looks somehow bored or dissapointed in life (except one lady), but since I interacted with them rarely, it wasn't that big of a minus, but still. Cleaning happens irregularly, so prepare yourself for unclean bathrooms. The walls are thin, so bear in mind that everything you do (I'm looking at you, couples), will be heard by your neighbours. Since the first two floors are bar and restaurant, you will not avoid the beats from downstairs. And my room had just one electric radiator. Even with light minus outside it wasn't able to make the room temperature warm enough. I wonder how people live when there's -20 outside. Guys, you really have to do something about it.

The location itself is perfect! It is easy to reach tram and bus stops, or just go for a walk around the city. The facade of the building is also beautiful. The room itself was small, but enough for one person.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

4.0
    Cooooooold in winter
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

minus 6 grad but in the room just like outside. the heat works sooooooo bad. I was cold to death. and the reception. to be honest. is not so good. one is not nice and the other one can not speak good english.

the location is good, in the center of riga.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Very good deal for price, but...
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

The room was not very clean. Unpleasant smell and high humidity in corridors (old building and no ventilation or A/C). Room interior was worn-out.

Excellent location, nice historical building, possibility to leave baggage in the premises after check-out.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

A bit dissapointed...
    • Quadruple Room

I booked a room for 3 nights with private bathroom, but the first night they did not give me my room but one with shared bathroom. I was shocked. In the end, when I had to pay, I told them that I thought I should pay less than the agreed price because of the issue on the first night. In the beginning they looked a bit reluctant but in the end they agreed. Still, it was pretty sad that the idea did not come from them. All in all I do not think that I would repeat in this place if I found something near by for more or less the same price...

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Perfect location
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Facilities

Facilities could be improved and WiFi was instable, but come on, this is a hostel in a perfect location, what else do you need. . .

Perfect location. Could not be better.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Main door with code so nobody besides guests and staff can...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The doors and walls are really thin. We could hear everything that was going on on the floor. We had a real problem sleeping, because hostel was packed with loud students.

Main door with code so nobody besides guests and staff can not get in.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Amazing location
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Cash payment only Linens on double bed were from single-bed View from window into inner yard with ventilation of the restaurants and abandoned building

Amazing location Comfortable bed Shower rooms are individual (however not in your room) Great value proposition

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Perfect location
    • Room for 5 people with shared facilities

Hostel are for those who need only a bed and to get a shower. Perfect location in the old town. Through the window you can see St Pauls Cathedral square and Latvia's radio station building. Around there are a lot of pubs, restaurans and cafes. All main attractions of Riga's old town is a few kilometres around. Rooms are really clean and have only beds and a table. Toilet and a shower are public but also clean, for safety don't forget your slippers also you must take your higienic implement. There is a place where you can help yourself with a free tea and coffe.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Location is very central, so if you want to be in the old...
    • Triple Room with shared facilities

Corridor has a really bad smell, something awful was spilled on the carpet there. Blanket was also too short for me.

Location is very central, so if you want to be in the old town, this is optimal.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Location was perfect.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Facilities

There was no elevator. There was bad hodour (old pipes) in the toilets and showers.

Location was perfect. Facilities were ok and it was very cheap. The room was huge and the ceiling very high.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

perfect location, but in terrible condition
    • Quadruple Room

horrible sickening smells in the rooms emanating from the plumbing, esp. in the evenings, building is beautiful from the front, but inside desperately Needs some work done...

very helpful and friendly staff, trying to do what they could to ameliorate the terrible smell from the bathrooms in our first room. We changed rooms, and then it was better, but very loud from the outside City Center - house is beautiful from the outside and the Location right downtown couldn´t be better

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Location is all it has
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

Run down bathrooms, terrible smell. Charged for holding bags for about an hour after check out. This hotel relies on location as the customer service was poor. (One lady in particular, we think the owner) I don't often write bad reviews but if I was to own a hostel I would put a bit more pride into running it. Friendliness goes a long way.

Location, that's all

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Great location, but old, dingy and smelling of mold in the halls.
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

The bathrooms and showers smell like mold. Lots of stairs to climb to the room. Beautiful building on the outside, but old and dingy on the inside. Wifi didn't work in my room and another person used his laptop while sitting next to re eption, rather than in his room because the connection was so weak.

The location is great.

The view from the window.
    • Triple Room with shared facilities

Only one usable shower. No toilet paper in pribate room. Hard to find.

The view from the window. The price.Good bed.

Central location.
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Noisy as directly across it, is a pub that plays loud and lousy music

Central location. Can't get better

Very good location.
    • Triple Room with shared facilities

Very good location.Very good money for short stay.Nice staff.

Staff very helpful.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I would have liked a tv.

Staff very helpful.

Good value for money to stay in central Riga
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Only cold water and bad smell in the shower.

Location, room.

A great room in the centre of things.

Price and location

We were satisfied with value for money !
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Hallway barely lighted ! One shower only cold!

Bed was okay

Good place in the old town, among different bars
    • Double Room with Shared Facilities

the toilet could be cleaner

the location and the quietness. also the price

Top location but facilities could improve. Price OK

State of shared toilet

short but good
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Facilities

Good place in excellent location ...

Disspointed with the unprofesionalism of the staff. Will never stay there again
    • Single Room with Shared Facilities

Staff was lacking professionalism, unhelpful, untrustworthy

The location was good

The hospitality of the staff,the view from the room was...
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The hospitality of the staff,the view from the room was excellent,the hostel was right to the centre with lots of plus to choose it!!!!

Browse Dome Pearl Hostel traveller photo gallery