Reviews of Hestia Hotel Jugend This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Pulkveža Brieža iela 11, Riga, LV-1010, Latvia

#75 of 153 hotels in Riga

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Nice bed and clean room.

We had really small roof window in our room. It would have been nicer to have bigger one. To get to the room we had to go a bit too far up and down corridors with the dog

Nice bed and clean room. Walking distance to old town. Nice breakfast . Staff was helpful

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

It was one of the best hotel experiences in Riga.

Location is great. 10-12 min of walking to any location at the Riga's old-town. Rooms are nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and very profesional as well. We recomend this hotel for a couples that would like to experience Riga's night life.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

The hotel is located near an entrance to a park that takes...

The windows in our room were missing their mosquito nets, unfortunately...

The hotel is located near an entrance to a park that takes you straight to the "old town" - the center of the city.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Wonderful, modern hotel in the quite and beautiful part of the city. Parks and restaurants around.

Beautiful architecture of the hotel. Reception is under glass roof in the inner yard of the building. Everything is as it is to be - clean, neat, the stuff is discreet and hospitable.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Great stay. Definetly recommended.
    • Standard Twin Room

No kiosks to buy water etc after 10pm. Nothing Close to the hotel and had to og back to oldtown.

Great breakfast. Helpful staff. Nice rooms With heating and clean.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

Breakfast is not really good.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast is not really good. Restaurant itself just pretending to be creative and making fresh food. Small portions, pricey. I got cold penne and left this place hungry.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Simple, nice and clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

The location is good, but not in any of the main streets. Though I guess, it is adequate for the amount paid.

The hotel is nice, simple and clean. The breakfast was very good. Also it is right above a Chinese restaurant.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

The amount of money is not adequate for what we got

A housemaid came into our room, while we were still sleeping, to check if we have already left it. I chose queen bed, but we got two separate beds.

The lobby

• Reviewed: December 12, 2017

Nice and good price spot in Riga.
    • Standard Twin Room

-Ugly window view, -At 9 o'clock there was literally nothing to eat at breakfast, -Old time style hotel - could have some upgrade.

-Nice rooms, -Good staff, -Clean, -Quite, -Nice price, -close to old town.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

Nice place in the city center, nice room and was upgraded to...
    • Standard Twin Room

Poor breakfast, no free parking

Nice place in the city center, nice room and was upgraded to the higher class just because they had it available. Nice personel

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Location very good, nice Hotel building, cosy interior,...
    • Standard Twin Room

Parking place not receive, only 4 cars can parking inside yard (should be information that very limited parking places), slow internet speed, poor rooms soundproofing, electric rozete not properly work in bathroom.

Location very good, nice Hotel building, cosy interior, tasty breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Clean nice big rooms with good beds.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was good but the area where it is served is bit too smal for such a many ppl. We had problems with coffee maker and juice was running out all the time. Coffee did run out and you had to ask to come repair for it. Waitres could look more often and clean the tables faster as there is so many ppl coming to eat. Evening we went to eat to hotel restaurant. (Same place btw where breakfast is servd) young waitres man was looking like he is sick of this life. Would like to see a bit happier face when Im coming to eat and order food. But overall place is still worth points 9

Clean nice big rooms with good beds. Quiet place. Persons at reseption were very friendly and nice xx

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Very nice hotel in Riga
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel parking lot is very small, had to use parking area nearby for additional 10 EUR per day.

Hotel located right on the centre of Riga at one of main streets, easy to access all central areas. Good wifi connection and quiet rooms. Nice breakfast!

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

The hotel is not of the best but for its money - quite...
    • Standard Twin Room

A lot of guests from Russia :( We tried not to speak Russian and felt uncomfortable because of them. But it's rather a flaw of Riga in general. It's strange that there was no kettle and cups in the room - I'm used to that in 4 stars hotels))

The hotel is not of the best but for its money - quite comfortable and well-located. The warm floor in the bathroom made 80% of my opinion))) The breakfast was varied and plentiful: not bad coffee, oats, pancakes, etc. - everything was tasty

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The breakfast buffet was nearly empty at 10am on a Saturday (open until 11am), the food was not extraordinarily tasty (e.g. stale bread) I was with 2 friends and we booked a 3-bed room. The third bed was not really proper for an adult (looked more like a camp bed), which we did not expect in a "Business room" We had problems with booking the SPA facilities - we made a reservation at the reception desk but then it turned out that someone else booked the same times directly at the SPA and our reservation didn't go through. And we were not informed about this right away, but only when we asked and it was too late to book another suitable time

Great location Clean and cosy room Symhpathetic staff

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

Newly decorated, shiny and clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

One would expect a four-star hotel to provide a kettle to make hot water. The pricing on complementary bottles of drinking water in the room is not obvious.

Newly decorated, shiny and clean.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

A reliable hotel some 20 minutes from the centre.
    • Standard Twin Room

- Quite far from old town centre. - Breakfast was not very good.

- Comfortable room and ok bed. - Elevator access. - Staff was great and helpful. - Luggage storage and retrieval was a breeze.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Good for staying overnight and some sightseeing by foot.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room had a strange smell. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but then me and my partner realized there was a slight smell of bleach or some other chemical substance...Maybe the cleaning lady had gone a bit overboard :D

Very good location for a little bit of walking to the centre. Comfy bed and a lot of parking places.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Nice , clean hotel in the center of Riga.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nice , clean hotel in the center of Riga. Very good breakfast. Very friendly staff. Transfer from/to airport cheaper then regular taxi. 100% recomended.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

It was a test. I may won't come back. Cant conclue it is a 4 stars.
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms are not so confortable and with a terrific smell (smoke!) The hotel is good outside, inside not really.

The location and the restaurant ! The staff was great.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Nice hotel. Problem with payment.
    • Standard Twin Room

Unfortunately, there was issue with the payment. I have stayed in hotel for 1 (one) night, but hotel charged me for 2 (two). Money are taken from my card, so I wrote an e-mail to hotel, that remains unanswered. By phone I have got an answer, that first payment is "pre-authorisation", and second is payment itself - so, follow You bank statement, after some time You may (what?) get it back. Dear hotel, why You do not get simply one, single payment on check-in? I really do not care about pre-autorizations-etc, I am not willing to pay double price.

PK Hotel is nice, clean and well-managed hotel. I am using it not the first time - it is closely located to Riga Centre and my customer's locations too.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

Room was very nice, got free upgrade from standard to...
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast tables not cleaned quickly after other guests, had to take not-so-clean table. Selection is very moderate, coffee latte with milk powder, could not order proper latte to the room bill (some strange procedures involved). Cleaning personnel not trained well - cleaning carts staying around our room doors half day.

Room was very nice, got free upgrade from standard to business. Good value for money. Good location - 10 min walk to old city.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

Quality of bed was ok.
    • Standard Twin Room

Check in, TV programs quality (only 5-6 channels and majority in rusian), minibar was locked and they asked have I used something on my departure ;). After I've asked to deliver iron into my room, it was delivered without a ironing board. All in all, if there are any other options around, try them instead of this hotel..

Quality of bed was ok.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Most enjoyable. Recommend pre-booking taxi from airport. Very convenient and reasonably priced.
    • Standard Twin Room

Liked everything. No complaints.

Quiet bedrooms. Very varied and tasty breakfast. Lovely, very helpful staff, both at reception and in the dining room. We had dinner in the hotel twice and the food was delicious and beautifully presented.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2017

Great service from front desk staff who helped me getting...
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast variety is ok, but products quality is poor. Tasteless industrial cheese and viennoiserie, etc. Eggs badly cooked.

Great service from front desk staff who helped me getting football tickets. Room is very clean and bed quite confortable. God situation in the jugendstil area of Riga.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

I would strongly recommend you look for another hotel other than PK Riga!
    • Standard Twin Room

The parking is about half a mile from the hotel across a busy street. Parking cost 10Euros per night. The photo of the hotel in the advertising for PK Riga is not the hotel in Riga, in fact the front of the hotel is not well advertised. I would not recommend PK Riga, it is not good value for money.

The breakfast was just okay, but not the best I had had in Latvia. The second room I was offered was clean and tidy (the first room I was offered someone had smoked in and when I complained I was told it was not possible - so I guess I am a liar as far as the desk clerk is concerned.)

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Enjoyable
    • Standard Twin Room

The picture they show of hotel is the rear courtyard and it seems to a a few names pk being the smallest

The restaurant was good had an evening meal which was good and well priced

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Great servive, nice experience in PK Riga hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Only that the hotel has opened many years,can feel the decoration n Hotel facilities are little bit old

1.The staff from reception they are all kindly, helpful and great. Arrange everything very well, thanks for them 2.The room is clean n comfortable ,the clean lady is nice and with pacient 3.Location is quiet and feel safe.near to the park, by taxi to city center 5€, to airport 15€ 4.Breakfast is delicious ,lots of choice

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

Location is very good!
    • Standard Twin Room

They claimed to have a parking on a property, but there were few spaces. It was possible to use parking houses nearby or park on the street for a fee.

Location is very good! Also staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

What happened to my coat and trousers. Was it stolen by a cleaner or staff member?

See above

On the first night the hotel couldn't give us the room we had booked. The second night onward we did move to a much better room. In this process my coat and trousers that were left back in the first room were not transferred over to the second room by staff. A couple of days after we moved to our next destination I rang back to ascertain if the hotel had my coat and trousers. SORRY NO COAT AND TROUSERS. Down two clothing items. Not a lot of satisfaction. No talk of compensation.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

The check-in process was really fast.
    • Standard Twin Room

We got an upsell to a better room and paid 30€ extra. Overall the room was really nice and we enjoyed everything but what annoyed us was that the room was on the first floor (106 I think). Our windows were right next to the area outside where people can hang out. So in the evening there were people right behind our window and also in the morning which meant we had to keep the curtains on all the time and couldn't open the windows because otherwise it would have been very noisy and we wouldn't have had any privacy.

The check-in process was really fast. The hotel was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Good Business Class hotel at the doorstep to Riga old town
    • Standard Twin Room

If I really must find anything to complain about, it would be the cramped food area at breakfast and that only one of the two slow coffemachines worked. But, actually this is a so minor problem.

Superb, business class hotel right at the doorstep to Riga old town. Can recommend it holeheartedly.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

-Quiet location, walking distance to centre.
    • Standard Twin Room

-Small breakfast serving area. -Some staff could show little more effort.

-Quiet location, walking distance to centre. -Clean. -Good breakfast. -Price was good.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

Great to stay!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Finland drunk young people in night. Talking too loud.

We canged a room without no no problem. Very helpuful guy on desk. Graet job. Friendly.Delicous breakfest. With a good Americano coffe. Slim pancakes and a omlet. This is very rare on big hotels. Keep the same way. We get back to you.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

10/10 great place to stay.

We could not fault this hotel. The staff were all very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay one of the best ever. Location was ideal with short walks to old town and Art Nouveau streets. Food was good too. We upgraded at minimal cost to an executive room which suited our needs perfectly at the end of a long, tiring trip. And when we thought things could not be better we were given a packed breakfast as we left for a very early morning flight home.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Really Nice hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel has a good location. We really enjoyed food in the restaurant! They upgraded us to business class room. Room was super comfy. We Will come back 😊

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Nice location but not 4 stars standard
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast had just few choices, poor variety of fresh fruit, only pears and apples. Service in general was quite bad for a standard of 4 start hotel. Tables were not properly cleaned. Room was not vacuum cleaned and bath was not cleaned. Reception staff did nothing when we complained.

Great location next to a park, supermarket next door

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Great location, very comfortable bed
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast, no choices for healthy options. Porridge ovrly sweet, scrambled eggs just horrible. Overall fod is not good

Great location, very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: June 8, 2017

Great area for view Art Nouveau district. Poor hotel.

The hotel needs to pay attention to making sure everything works properly ie. air conditioning, TV, hot water, electric sockets (hanging out of wall).

The staff were very pleasant and tried to do their best but many problems were not in their control to solve.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2017

Not really 4 star standard
    • Standard Twin Room

Air con didn't work first night and couldn't open a window, no hot water one morning due to local construction works. Asked for the room safe to be fixed about 4 times as battery needed changing but they didn't get round to it

Good choice at breakfast and pleasant breakfast room. Good location with a nice walk through the park to the old town

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Location good for quite night stay.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was very simple. Too simple, probably. Coffee and juice was kind of watterish.

Location good for quite night stay. I did a long walk in area before sleep - calm, nice and slow. And that within ten minutes walk to very centre. Ideal place for business travellers, but will not fit for party goers. WiFi was reasonable.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2017

Elegant Riga
    • Standard Twin Room

Same breakfast everyday. No complimentary water and coffee in the room.

Awesome location. In the Noveoux Art District of Riga. Close to a 7/11 like store. I left my spectacles in a Taxi the hotel staff went out of the way to Locate it and get it back to me. In Riga u have to do the Aerial Panoramic ride with Boris u can book at deltal at the rate inbox dot lv costs only 25 Euros with the entire flight pics and video.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Contemporary luxury
    • Standard Twin Room

The location of the hotel is a little too far from the old town centre if you are there for the sightseeing; and the adjoining restaurant only serves nouvelle cuisine, which looks great but tastes bland.

All aspects of the room...design, facilities, comfort and cleanliness were excellent; and the hotel itself had the appearance of contemporary luxury.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Not worth 4 stars at all
    • Standard Twin Room

I think they gave us the worst room possible. It was very very small and looked completely different from what we saw in pictures before and with "wondeful" view to broken wall (picture in addition). Girl at a reception desk was poorly professional, even asked to make a copy of my credit card (?!).

Not so far from Riga old town, enough rich breakfast, but too poor for 4* hotel.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Clean & comfortable
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was a little cold thicker bed cover might be perfect for rainy days. Sightseeing bus came 15 mins later than schedule, so just be patient!and for dinner you would better not order vegeterian pea soup it was a bit blend or fish soup, it was too much like omega3 taste. Meat cuisine is better perhaps.

Very clean in general and restroom also clean,new,natural modern style hotel, friendly staffs, good safe location,finnish embassy is just around the corner, even though it is not a heart of old town, more quiet and more peaceful area unless you mind walking or problem with walking around while travelling. Warm diverse breakfast, supermarket is just few meters away, spa massage treatment service was perfect. Sauna was not in order so don't have experience on it, And city sightseeing tour bus(15euro for 48hours) stops in front of hotel which is very handy. Tram also you can use easily. Taxi service was available upon request, from/to airport 12e, by mini Van 15e.Takes about 30 mins.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2017

The hotel is in walking distance from city center.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is in walking distance from city center. The staff is friendly and helpful. Very clean room with comfortable beds. WiFi works well everywhere in the hotel. Everything is great! Will come back!

• Reviewed: April 7, 2017

Good price and a comfortable place
    • Standard Twin Room

Was with my car with a booked parking. By the time that I've made the check in, I got a parking fine. So had to pay both parking and a fine, as another guest in front of me was taking too long for his check-in.

Good price and a comfortable place

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

Was very much looking forward to our stay at PK Riga but sadly the experience was very disappointing. Very frustrated to arrive and find that we had been allocated twin beds when we had specifically booked a double bed, and also messaged the hotel to confirm this is what we wanted. They said that rooms are allocated on arrival but if this is the case it seems pointless anyone ever saying what room they want. This is pure laziness on the part of the hotel in not allocating rooms when they are booked and not what one would expect of a hotel of this supposed class. What was even more frustrating was that we had booked an executive class room as the pictures on the website suggested this would be a big enough room to have a bed close to ours for our 3 year old. But no, the main bedroom was tiny and was proceeded by an anti chamber with a sofa bed, so we all had to sleep apart. The receptionist was surly and completely unhelpful in trying to resolve this. The mattresses on the beds are lumpy ad slope and you can feel the metal springs under the thin mattress on the sofa bed. The room was also freezing cold, even with the radiators turned up to maximum. The duvets/blankets were so thin that we had to ask for additional duvets. And by this stage we needed a drink, except there was no bottle opener!

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

Breakfast was good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff could be a little more helpful. When you do the check in they should ask questions like would you like a city map ect Better tv channels would be nice.

Breakfast was good. Room was very clean and it was a big pluss that you could open windows in your room. Bed was comfy and it was excellent to have two pillows and in our room there were free softdrinks and bathrobes as well.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2017

Everything balanced
    • Standard Twin Room

The fact of The KukBuk restaurant existence and the way it is marketed in booking.com, actually creates higher expectation for breakfast menu.

Centrally located hotel, with a not overloaded, pleasant interior design. Deserving breakfast selection, all-you-need-for-comfort room and delicate staff. Recommended both for leisure or business travel.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Very comfortable stay and good value in a nice neighborhood
    • Superior Twin Room

I must admit if it had not been a cold night and the fact that there were complimentary drinks we would not have eaten there. The place looks deserted and the menu set out is not easy to make our orders. There is no indication to say which dish is an entre or a main. We did politely said to the waitress but she just brushed it off and said that's how they prefer. Strange she doesn't listen to customers feedback. Also most hotels would have taken up our luggage if the rooms were not ready when we arrived a little earlier than check-in time.

Hotel is in a quiet area close enough to walk to the old town. Few restaurants close by and a supermarket just two doors away. Breakfast was adequate and we love the flaky croissant and yummy scrambled eggs. We are at the restaurant last night and my duck breast was cook to perfection. Must commend on the honesty of the taxi driver we took from the hotel to the bus station. He thought we were going to airport but once we told him it's the bus station he was calm and realised his mistake for misunderstanding. He even charged us appropriately. Very much appreciate his honesty and Pk Riga hotel should acknowledge that. Unfortunately we didn't get his name or taxi number but he is a gentle giant with a kind heart.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2017

good location and friendly staff
    • Standard Twin Room

there is no iron in the room. we've got one from the personnel but it looked like from the 90th, without water and vapor, so we asked for another one and the iron #2 was without buttons. they said that it's the best one they have. such a little thing but how can you iron your expensive shirts?

good location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Was good, but can be better
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room With Extra Bed

I couldnt get the good rooms for my friends. I was hoping that since i stay there quite often, it would good once in a while to get upgraded to your best rooms. Breakfast doesnt have personal order like omlet or fried eggs.. for example. No fresh juices.

Liked the beds and the croissants are getting better. Coffee machine has improved but not yet the best coffee machines. The cappuccino was not frothy.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Great!
    • Superior Twin Room

Great location, very close to Old Town. Room was very clean and comfy. Staff was professional, kind and helpful. Breakfast was very various and tasty.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

New Year in Riga!!!

Breakfast was good, but the restaurant was too small for the guest to have breakfast.

Location. Close to the old town, yet enough far to be quiet. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: December 18, 2016

Wi-Fi;
    • Standard Twin Room

Cold in the lobby; climate didn't work in the room; half of the hotel didn't sleep because of noisy drank visitor at 04:00 a.m....

Wi-Fi; location.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2016

Nice hotel for short city-break

Parking was really uncomfortable. You have to drive quite far away and come back walking. No parking near hotel.

Very comfortable room, bath and coffee-machine. Breakfast in a nice small restaurant downstairs.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2016

Overall it was OK
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better - the choice was poor and we had to ask for plates and spoons because they didn't have them out. And the room was very small - the smallest you can see on pictures.

The location was good, close to city center.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2016

Quite alright as for a rather low cost
    • Standard Twin Room

Firstly, the AC/heating did not function properly and it was rather cold for me. Secondly, I could hear the elevator quite well in my room. Furthermore, it was also quite hard to communicate in English in the parking lot.

The interior of the restaurant was elegant and pleasing and the staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2016

Bad personnel. Poor price-benefit ratio.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not in every double room there is the bath. We got room with shower, changed for room with bath, but got room in first floor with view to opposite building wall. When we checked in - the 60 eur from my card was reserved just in case I use the minibar or restaurant, I have no choice not to reserve it and I will get them back only after two weeks. According to booking.com Genius program we could use late check out, but at the beginning the personnel did not want to give it to us for free and even after we agreed about it, in the morning the other personnel call us to the room and once more we have to talk about late check out. The big light did not work and we have to change keys two times after breakfast to get in our room. We could see that with our info booklets somebody else was already in bath :)) There is better hotels in Riga for this price.

Normal nice room and normal breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2016

Generally the hotel is not bad, but in compare with other 4...
    • Standard Twin Room

As for the 4 star hotel Breakfast is not good, the room doors is not very hermetyk; noises and even light from the corridor easelly comes to the room. It would be good to have an electirci pot at the room, to make a tea, especially during autumn season.

Generally the hotel is not bad, but in compare with other 4 star hotels has some shortcomings

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

A pleasant stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Window in our room was very small and above the bed, so couldnt enjoy the 7th story wiew. Parking is not very close, so you have to carry bags for about 600m and across very busy street. No free parking.

Breakfast was good, a lot to choose from. Staff was polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2016

PK was a pleasant experience.
    • Standard Twin Room

The Kukbuk restaurant staff didn't fully accommodate me, when I arrived at 21:30 PM. The restaurant closes at 22:00 and I was served, but they had to be asked for napkins, I was given paper ones, even though there were cloth ones on nearby tables, that they took away. It was just that I was made to feel like I was keeping them there,... not a good feeling. They should treat every guest the same, early or late.

The room was clean and comfortable,... nice shower. A nice breakfast with choice of coffee types. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Even though it doesn't seem so at first, it has a good location to Old Riga, Art Nouveau section and restaurants, etc. Also good route to bus station and airport. Kukbuk restaurant has very good food. Booking.com rate was excellent.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2016

Location was ok.
    • Standard Twin Room

Noise at night, people in reception area made a lot of noise that went through the hotel. Someone was partying nightly on floor 5 and when we complained nothing was done.

Location was ok.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2016

Typical four star "fake" hotel in Latvia
    • Standard Twin Room

Stayed with my wife there for one romantic night, we have celebrated 5 years of our marriage, hoping to get a wonderful relax and stay, but accommodation was really bad...I have ordered twin bed, but when we have arrived, reception guys said this is not possible, and they don't care what you have booked at booking.com! I have asked could you please change the bed or mattress they said we will call you to the room number, waited for 30 minutes....came back...and they told this is not possible! How this can be in the four star hotel?? they should have spare mattresses in case of something...room was ok, but mirror had the black points and trace of damage...but this is peanuts...mattresses were very hard, pillows horrible...even we had two spare pillows, this didn't help either...horrible beds and pillows...even my old Mercedes has softer seats...really disappointed! in UK I had a 3 star hotel, same as this 4 star...for the same value... personnel were not smiling, and not helpful at all, very disappointing...

breakfast was good! almost " Full English breakfast" Rooms are OK, great location. nothing more.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2016

Conventional 4 stars hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Crowded and stuck-up. Staff asking you to write positive reviews...

Convenient for Albert Street. Cleanliness and service quality that you expect from a 4 stars hotel.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2016

OK option but hopefully better around
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff were more officious than friendly especially in the breakfast room. We asked what time breakfast started as we had an early start, we arrived right on time to discover a large tour group already there and hardly any thing left. When I asked for a cup I got a shake of the head no help. No black tea bags on any morning.

Good clean rooms, in nice area. It is about 25 minutes to the old town but it was through nice parks.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2016

If you don't like noise - recommended!
    • Standard Twin Room

You get a good room for what you pay for. It's not luxury..but it's good :)

Lovely staff, comfy room, just a 5 minute walk to the old town but this is a good thing! The Old Town is pretty but at night it is so noisy. This is very quiet, but right next to the action.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2016

One night stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Outdated furniture, air condition was loud, bathroom floor was cold as ice. At breakfast no coffee and anybody in personnel did not check too. Food was OK.

Clean, near city center, personnel at front desk.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2016

Value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

Prepaid for 2 days parking, but hotel unable to refund 1 day upon arrival. We were told it was impossible as it was part of the room rate, which isn't true as we paid 2x 10 euro extra for the parking on top of the room price.

Value for money

• Reviewed: August 19, 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Customer service, breakfast, hair on the sheets, full rubbish bins after the previous guests. Housekeeping enter my room when I was there, She knock, didn't wait even 30 seconds and enter the room.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2016

breakfast had anything you could wish for.
    • Standard Twin Room

theres a restaurant, kookbook, where you'll have your breakfast. but for dinner it was not the right place. Not a great atmosphere, quite expensive, and the meal was not better than a 5 Euro meal at a nearby restaurant.

breakfast had anything you could wish for. Staff was always nice. room was clean, cozy and quiet. they have a secured parking lot. location is good, but could be better.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Really good hotel, a not nice receptionist
    • Standard Twin Room

I didn't like how one receptionist tried to have a kind of fee for minibar. When we said that we have no need of it, she looked at us as a kind of beggars. It wasn't nice.

A very good hotel, all is ok but the receptionist.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

The location was excellent.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed was uncomfortable. We did contract for a room with no windows. The fact that it did not have windows was ok but it was located two floors below street level. In case of an emergency, there is no easy access to leave the room. Potential fire Hazard.

The location was excellent. City Center. The staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2016

Loved it
    • Standard Twin Room

I was loosing Wi-Fi signal sometimes, but it was easy to find it again.

I enjoyed this hotel so much. Clean large new room with everything you might need.

Browse Hestia Hotel Jugend Traveler Photo Gallery