Reviews of Hotel Kolumbs 4 stars

Kuršu iela 32, Liepāja, LV-3401, Latvia

#17 of 25 hotels in Liepāja

Overall good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If you get a room that is facing the street you must see if there is one with air conditioner, because if it's hot an you will want to open a window for the night the cars contantly going by will not allow for a quite night sleep.

Clean, comfortable room. Good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Ask for the room with a window to the yard since it’s the city center and the street is rather noisy even in the early morning.

The rooms are rather small but everything is clean and our stay was pleasant. The location is in the very center of the town. You can even get simple but quite good breakfast included in the price.

Good stop for the active person or family.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The restaurant did not work and the dinner had to be searched from the downtown. Fortunately, it was beautiful weather. There wasn't additional pillows but fortunately I was alone in a double room.

Car parking was free at the hotel's courtyard behind the lockable gate. The location is good for a walk to the beach or downtown. Good and quiet room was.

Nice location at the City Center
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Bike could be stored only in the back yard without rain protection. The back Yard was not closed at night.

The location is directly on the begining of the southern City Center.

Superb location, great view from terrace, nice and clean rooms, excellent staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

As it was allowed to smoke on terrace than smoke smell came into the non-smoking room. My advice - do not allow to smoke on terrace.

View from the terrace, surrounding and distance to the beach.

Simple, but clean
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was super clean and the bed was comfy. The breakfast was very simple, but still good. The view from the room was the best. Only 7-10 min walk to the beach.

New, clean rooms, good breakfast, good wifi.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If parking is full you have to park next to the hotel in the street.

New, clean rooms, good breakfast, good wifi. Not far away from center, within walking distance to the beach.

Long weekend in Liepaja
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If your window is open and oriented to the street - might be a bit noisy due to a stoney street.

Room was nice and really clien, staff - friendly, breakfasts was great including hot meal. All hotel is new and modern. Location was ok, close to a city center, walking distance to the beach.

All in all - a nice cozy hotel, enjoyed staying there.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to pay at the hotel itself, not beforehand through booking.com. Also, breakfast wasn't included in the price initially (I've chosen the incorrect room type - without the breakfast). Including the breakfast afterwards was quite expensive - 7 euros per person.

The breakfast was perfect, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. For example they allowed us to use the hotel's car park till the end of the day (although we had to check out at noon). The room was clean and tidy. The location of the hotel is great - very close to the sea and you can easily walk to the center of the city.

Hotel is really well-designed. Next time in Liepāja will stay here again. Felt there really great!

The room was cold.

Extremely helpful staff! Breakfast was really delicious with many options to choose from, great service, food was replenished throughout the breakfast service. Everything fresh, pretty served, probably best omelette in town :) Front desk staff was great, exceeded all our expectations, let use Hotel's facilities even after check-out, many thanks!

Good breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Room was very cold. HEating working all the night very loudly, but without meaning, because the window was broken and not isolated, so cold air came in all the time.

Good breakfast. LOcation

Happy again in my native LIEPAJA
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I would like to have tea and coffee facilities in the room.Tne bedside lamp is too small and low,a bit difficult for reading.

Good location,good breakfast.Very close to the beach and nice park.For me pillows and bed were good.5 min till market and till thr centre with very nice concert hall.The staff is very welcoming...

Breakfast :) Cook is fantastic, you can see, that person...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast :) Cook is fantastic, you can see, that person loves his job! Specially baked pankaces just for me were really excellent and made my day!

Nice hotel in quite place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The restaurant was closed in the evening, very tasty food in the lunch so expected to repeat.

Very nice hotel, great and peaceful balcony. Very polite staff.

We love Liepaja and hotel was for our us okey to relax for a few days to low prize.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Television was very small and nor easy to see from bed.

Nice hotel with rather good location. Breakfast was normal with some positive surprises for my wife. Nice staff who help with all our requests.

I'd say it's a good 3* hotel, but hardly qualifies for 4*
    • Comfort Plus Double or Twin Room

wifi was sort of a on-off thing, probably, because of weak signal in the room. Room was cold when we arrived, but it was ok, after couple of hours.

big bath and room size.

A nice clean room to spend the night in.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sound proofing could be better, could hear neighbours during the night.

Since it was the New Year's we got champagne with breakfast. Nice gesture. Very friendly staff.

Would visit it again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Sofa was broken. There were only 3 TV-channels available.

Staff was very helpful and smiling. Room and bathroom were clean. Bed was very comfortable. Parking also was very comfortable - just few meters from the entrance. Would recommend this hotel for the romantic stay.

This is my favourite place to stay in Liepāja - everything...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This stay it was impossible to get good night sleep since radiators were giving out consistent loud nosie. Brekfest options could be worked on - there's almost nothing to eat if you're vegan or lactose/gluten intolerant (which I'm not, but I would really prefer non animal products to be present on the breakfest table).

This is my favourite place to stay in Liepāja - everything is clean, cosy and quiet.

Smoking place in the yard just in front our balcony.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Smoking place in the yard just in front our balcony. So drunk conversations and a lot of smoke almost all night, and started early in the morning. Be aware!

Beds were comfy but had hair all over them.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Courtyard smelt like urine. Their wifi was so slow I couldn't use my ipad to mak a call so used the phone in my room to make a long distance collect call to my bank overseas through a free number but the hotel charged my 40 euro; couldn't believe it.

Beds were comfy but had hair all over them.

Our stay
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

It was said that it has air conditioner but there was none in our room, there was no coffee machine or kettle in our room to make coffee in the morning and we were charged 2.50 for coffee . Shower was unusable , the shower head would flip off if you apply water pressure. .

Ithe location was good

Polite and helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was very hot, but when you open window to get some fresh air - street sounds and traffic didn't let you sleep... Air condition is really must have.

Polite and helpful staff. Clean room. Hotel is located in walking distance to city centre. This time we decided get breakfast somewhere in city center.

Great experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The light on balcony was automatically switched on so I would prefer turn it off but it wasn't possible.

Breakfast was great, chef came to my table and asked if I want something special made for me. And all the staff was really really nice and helpfull. And my room was with amazing and super big balcony and very big bath. I was surprised how good room I had. And there was free water in the fridge what was a very nice surprise for me. I absolutely removed this hotel! Amazing place and staff.

Really great and helpful staff. Hotel facilites like for 3* hotels.

Toilet in the special room for disabled people was like in 1* hostel. Disable people could never wash there - no chair, ground is stright and finally the whole toilet/bath and even outside is full of water. That should groundly renovate... The breakfast for 4* hotel was poor in compare with same prize 4* hotels in Riga. Wellness (sauna and pool) for guests costs extra 25€ per hour and possible to order as minimum for 2 hours (50€). Usually for own guests it's for free, so it was bad surprise.

Karmena was the nicest reception person I ever met. The hotel should have 3 stars, Karmena alone gave the fourth :) Excellent and helpful attitude from staff.

Nice room, decent wifi and breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It can get a bit noisy with the restaurant and terrace downstairs, but that's not late at night so it's quite OK.

Nice room, decent wifi and breakfast. Parking for free on the street.

Nice and helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's rather good 3* hotel. Breakfast - might be better. Location - may say that at first looks like nowhere, but city center isn't far away.

Nice and helpful staff. Clean room.

Overall, a very good place to spend the night, if you can get a reservation with a discount.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no air conditioning in the room, so in the morning the feeling was not so good.

Very tasty breakfast, comfy room, nice backyard, close to tram, city centre and beach.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No idea how it got the 4 stars
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Upon check-in, we encountered the worst customer service. The guy who checked us in apparently had absolutely no idea what he was doing. He just took my ID, copied it, requested me to sign it, gave us the key and stared at us expectantly (like, begone!). He wouldn't have mentioned where to get breakfast, had we not asked (and, as it turned out, it was nowhere near obvious where to go!). He also failed to mention what time the breakfast was served (luckily, there was an information sheet in the room where we found that out). He also didn't show which way to go to our room, we had to figure it out ourselves (luckily, the elevator was partly visible from the check-in area, so we kind of went in that direction, and it turned out that there are stairs behind the corner as well). What was most shocking, though, followed after we expressed our wish to pay before we go to our room instead of the next morning. First, the guy just stared when I took out my bank card. After some while, he mumbled that we would have to pay next morning if we want to pay by card. Then we agreed that we could as well pay in cash and gave him the exact change. He collected it and kept staring at us (again like, begone!) until, after some while, realized - oh, do you want a receipt? He then spent quite a long time doing something on his computer and apparently failing because then he said we could either leave him the money without any receipt (!) or pay next morning. Of course, we chose paying next morning. The funny thing is, next morning, when we talked to another member of staff (the previous guy was gone now), he said it was already paid a week before by taking the money from my account (I had not checked my balance yet, so I hadn't noticed that). He said that the other guy had "not noticed" it which I'm happy to believe considering how flustered he was acting throughout all our interaction. So, anyway, we needn't have bothered at all.

The breakfast was good, and the people serving it were really nice and courteous. The bathroom was pretty roomy. The room also had a nice view at the sunrise. The beds were fine as well. I also got a really low price along with a Genius discount especially for what I then thought was a 4-star hotel.

Good value for money

Only one guy serving breakfast table at peak hour on Sunday morning, which means you have to wait for a while until the empty plates are refilled with food. Should have extra staff on busy days.

Good value for money. Room is spacious, warm, staff is friendly. Good location.

Only 10 mins to city center, restaurants and pubs.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Somewhere behind the wall water was running all night long quite loudly and in the morning we found our bags all wet on the floor in our bathroom. Jacuzzi and SPA was taken so can't tell much about it.

Only 10 mins to city center, restaurants and pubs.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Ok for the price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi in the room was not existent.

The room was warm, big and clean. Breakfast was ok. Staff tries to speak english. Location is good, near the city centre.

A reasonable place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no parking place in the hotel's parking place, but that was not an issue as there were lots of parking places available on street.

Room was small, but bed was comfortable. Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Nothing Memorable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dishes selection of breakfast table was very scarce – only fried eggs. And lucky that I was among the first breakfast eaters, because there wasn't enough food for those who came later. I've had better breakfast in 2 star motel! Slow WiFi connection.

Bed was good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Very clean and comfy small hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If your windows are to the street side, it is pretty loud in the evening and early morning hours. So ask for room that gives to the patio ;)

Very clean and comfy small hotel. Perfecto for 1-2 nights stay.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Could be better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The double bed was made out of two beds pulled together. Overwhelming smell of chloride chemicals in the room. Breakfast not so good. Really noisy form the street.

Fairly good central location.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Nice and comfort
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not very special. The staff was very confused about the usage of sauna and jacuzzi - from three different person we got three different prices for the usage and when we finally reserved the sauna we went there to find out that the jacuzzi which were in the sauna-premises was not actually ready for use: the staff explained that this jacuzzi should have been booked and paid separately... At least when we reserved the sauna-premises the staff could have asked us, if we would also like to have the jacuzzi! However, otherwise the staff was nice and friendly!

The hotel and the room was very nice and clean. The comfortable room was really nice.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Decent place, would stay again for a few days
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The sauna could have worked, but the only person operating it was on holiday.

Spacious room (for the handicapped), and the staff was very polite and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Good for short vacation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very loud from the street and there was no possibility to change the room, thus avoided staying there for extra night. Wifi signal could have been better as well. In my opinion breakfast was better than some have described here, but coffee was really bad, taking into account we paid extra to have breakfast.

Comfortable beds, good TV, though not many channels. Very clean. Was good to have a fridge in the room, would be nice to have a kettle as well. Ladies, there is really good hair dresser next doors!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Surprisingly high quality stay was good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Large comfortable room with good bed and pillows. A bath room with a huge tub. Arrived late at night and parked our car in the backyard parking space which was almost full, but we still squeezed in. Breakfast was nice too with good coffee.

Own bike with👍🏽
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good breakfast, good location. Nice town with lovely beach.

Läge
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In my room everything was very old and dirty. TV remote control was so dirty I was afraid to touch it.

Läge

Kinda cosy
    • Comfort Plus Double or Twin Room

Some problems with hot water as for a short time its color was yellowish

Kinda cosy

No complaints!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very easy walk to the seaside, spotless room.

I wont recomend this hotel
    • Comfort Plus Double or Twin Room

Water was brown in the bath tub. Breakfast was very poor.

Good location.

Nice for short stay ;)

Very good breakfast. Not far from downtown.

Stained a towel from my dyed hair, had to pay 5 euro for it...

Stained a towel from my dyed hair, had to pay 5 euro for it :D

Large clean room, very helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

No ironing facility in room

Large clean room, very helpful staff.

Staff, big windows, location, parking

Staff, big windows, location, parking

Nice place for a reasonable price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel and stuff was great. Situated very close to the sea.

Greek salad,Sabrina was very helpful.

Anything...

Greek salad,Sabrina was very helpful.thank you

clean and nice place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is good location and value for money, parking inside and outside is free, good breakfast and helpful stuff

It was good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were really nice, gave us an electric kettle, printed out timetables and gave dinner suggestions

Good and rich breakfast

Good and rich breakfast Helpful waiter at breakfast Clean rooms

Helpful staff, nice and clean room.

Very small pillows.

Helpful staff, nice and clean room. Good wi-fi.

Refrigerator didn’t work and you had to request the electric...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Refrigerator didn’t work and you had to request the electric kettle at the reception which I didn’t know of course.

everything was just excellent

everything was just excellent

Nice stay in the center of Liepaja
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very clean rooms, nice location in city center, helpful staff!

Good

Good

Nice, quiet place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pity, that restaurant was closed quickly at working day.

Great breakfast.

Excellent price / performance ratio
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A little bit noisy radiator

large comfortable bed cozy room good breafast and tasty coffee

Good location, near center.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Heating was off. Good thing it has a manual.

Good location, near center.

I would recommend to stay here .
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Very pleasant stay.Rooms are clean and tidy.Helpfull and friendly personal.

Good breakfast, nice hotel

In room were only 2 towels((

Good breakfast, nice hotel

Noisy night due to party at the hotel.

Noisy night due to party at the hotel. Breakfast was not the best.

Simply good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant,sky bar not working.

Good rooms Clean Nice breakfast Good location, free parking

Good, clean hotel, tasty breakfast

Good, clean hotel, tasty breakfast

Friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Some new furniture is needed to keep hotel fresh and cozy.

Friendly staff.

Good place near the city center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of noise from other rooms and cleaning personal.

Nice, clean place, helpful stuff, close to city center and the sea

Very comfortable room and everything that we needed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable room and everything that we needed. Free parking was great too. Easy to walk into town.

Good value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms to street were noisy.

Good location. Friendly staff - offered room to backyard.

Friendly staff, close to city center and old city, 1km walk...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

In the lullabies of the day the room is hot.

Friendly staff, close to city center and old city, 1km walk to the beach.

Fair place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Very little selection for the breakfast

Very helpfull and supportive staff

Close to the center and beach.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Close to the center and beach.

Hotel for people without high standards.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Breakfast was poor. Very scarce.

Curtesy staff.