Reviews of Boutique Hotel Monte Kristo 4 stars

Kalēju iela 56, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia

#70 of 153 hotels in Rīga

Packed a breakfast for us, helped us with some info and the...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Offering a car park for 15 quid per night( ridiculous). Things are slightly outdated, massive carpet stain in the room, I was afraid to take my shoes off.

Packed a breakfast for us, helped us with some info and the charger :) the staff makes this place better for sure.

Good place for short trips right in the city centre :)

Size of the room was too small even for a single person. Once you walk into the room, you barely feel like having enough space. you enter the room and you are almost to the bed ;)

It was easy to locate the hotel as it's just 150m from the 'Autoosta Bus stop' and right next to the city centre. All the historic places are just few mins away. Staffs were friendly and nice to me.

Avoid room with no windows
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

I knew I had booked a room without a window but the fake window they installed with strange lighting created an unsettling atmosphere, even when switching on the other room lights. This made my stay rather uncomfortable.

Location was great.

Great location and good value!

Nothing to comment on here really. Some improvement potential on the breakfast if anything.

By no means a fancy hotel, but clean - great location, and good value for money.

I would definitely come again.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

The only thing that bothered me a little, was the loud television and music in the breakfast room. I personally would prefer to have some quiet time in the morning and maybe chat with others. The basic pop music videos etc you can see and hear everywhere, so it might be a good idea to change the channel . The atmosphere of the breakfast room is so nice by itself that it would not need any extra stuff besides it. :)

The hotel was excellent. The room was very very nice, and the location just perfect. Everything you need is very close, and it's a good idea to have the restaurant together with the hotel.

Good and friendly
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Maybe the room price, slightly higher than perfect one:) You need to ask the reception staff for a safety box key instead of just setting the code. No welcome drink or evening complement from the hotel. Paid bottle of drinking water in the room. Possible noise from the clubs nearby. We've heard some pretty loud music from the streets. Surely you can close the windows and use the air conditioner, but I'd better warn. The breakfast has limited choice, but tasty enough.

Excellent interior and style. A real spirit of history, great furniture and decorations everywhere, from lobby to the rooms. You can use the elevator if needed. Very good "Junior Suite" with a whirlpool bath. King-size extra wide bed, great red curtains, all these details which make the real vivid experience. Everything works, all as described, lots of storage space for your items, free coffee and teabags. Electric kettle in the room (but it is very small and slow - you should boil it at least twice to make enough tea). Great lights. Enough power outlets for charging your devices. Good stereo system. You can even listen to the tape or some audio CDs :) Whirlpool bath is a great way to relax. Good water pressure, bathroom itself is clean. Perfect location. Just in the heart of an Old City. Walking distance to the central public transport stops, National Opera, the Gallery shopping mall with big Rimi supermarket, central market, main bus and railway stations. Very kind and really helpful staff which helped us a lot with sending back the forgotten items from the room during our recent stay.

After reading other reviews, I was a bit concerned about...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

The only issue I had was with a young bartender who was just plain condescending and rude. Looking at restaurant reviews in Riga, there’s clearly an issue with attitude among servers and bartenders. (Personally, I found almost everyone in Riga welcoming and friendly.) I don’t know if they just don’t want the job, but poor service or a condescending attitude simply won’t cut it with most tourists. I actually know quite a bit about beer-and wanted to learn about Latvian beer-but went elsewhere with my questions. He needs further customer service training. I also would suggest buying a better mattress-it was OK, but not the quality I’ve had elsewhere on this trip.

After reading other reviews, I was a bit concerned about booking here, but had a great stay and was so glad I had! Very convenient to the bus station, yet within walking distance of most things you’ll want to see. (There are trams and buses nearby too.) I had an inside double room that included a small refrigerator, electric kettle and minibar. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but very comfortable and clean. Good hot water and water pressure-never any issues. Excellent WiFi (very important to me). Elevator for upper floors, but steps down to reception. Room cleaning is indeed later in the day, not an issue for me personally. Breakfast was fantastic-at least 25 different choices each morning- with five to six hot choices. The breakfast room can definitely get crowded, although I was there at the very end of August, and there was never an issue of actually getting a table. Front desk staff and breakfast staff spoke excellent English and were very professional and helpful. (Not every culture smiles all the time, you don’t have to smile to be professionally or helpful.) Lots Of City info available aa well. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Location near perfect.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Bed matresses were worn and uncomfortable. BF area was very cramped, queuing up for coffee etc.

Location near perfect. The room "no windows" category (at least ours on 4th floor) in fact had a remote-controlled window in the ceiling.

Hotel is close to centre.

Room smaller than presented in photos. 3 m across the hotel is a building under construction and that makes a lot of noise, especially early morning.

Hotel is close to centre. Helpful staff.

Great location, but needs to improve.

Music from the hotel restaurant was on until 4am, no consideration for the other guests. And no one in the restaurant. Although boutique, decoration looked tired and tacky. Toaster was rubbish at breakfast, only 2 slice toaster to share with all the guest, have to wait around 10 mins.

Location was great. Big clean room. Breakfast was plentiful.

Classic and comfortable hotel with everything you need.

Very small & narrow breakfast room. Despite that it was a quite unique cellar room. Average breakfast, nothing special, decent brew coffee.

Classic hotel with all the facilities one can ask for, good standard. Very friendly & helpful staff who also did what they could to help us check in a bit earlier. Spacious room and bathroom, high ceiling.

Central location and welcoming staff

Rooms could afford to be more spacious. Bathroom was also quite tight.

Excellent location right in the centre of Riga! Good buffet breakfast to start off your day! Receptionists were very welcoming and helpful.

I liked the location, and I liked that whereas we could only...

When the extra bed was placed in the room, the toilet door would not close. So in essence, max 2 people per room was best option and no extra bed should be offered. There was no shower gel or conditioner - just shampoo offered in small packs. It was a surprise as I would have expected the hotel to offer at least a conditioner too. Also garbage bins were truly tiny, you could not fit much into them. Also breakfast facility was really tiny, so you could not move without disturbing someone. Also for some reason most things had been ended, and the staff was not in a hurry to monitor and replenish where necessary.

I liked the location, and I liked that whereas we could only have 1 extra bed in the room, we were allowed a second child to sleep with us in the double bed. They did not charge for it - and yet breakfast was also for the "extra child". English was good, standard info at check-in was thorough. However, they could have offered to order taxi upon check-out etc... small things like that leave an overall impression.

Our stay at MonteKristo hotel was excellent.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

The hotel couldnt be in a better location, close to all types of public transport and right in the centre of the city. The staff were excellent, speak good english and are very helpful. The breakfast was awesome. Highly recommended!

Location is brilliant and rooms are beautiful with high...

Reconstruction work going on almost behind window, awful noise. Maybe could have asked for compensation. One couple tried to change room because of the noise, but the hotel was fully booked.. I also didn't feel welcome by the staff, I guess its hard to smile and be empathetic when your aged 20+. Didn't get any service from the bar and left the place after 15 minutes of waiting. Nasty smell in the toilet.

Location is brilliant and rooms are beautiful with high ceilings. I asked for a bath tub and got one. 24/7 reception is always good. I liked the breakfast too, enough food for a lacto-ovo-vegetarian like me.

Perfect location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

There were no laundry service. The room was a little bit small for two people.

Close to old town, and only 5 min walk from the bus station. And clean, silent room. Also breakfast had many kind of meals.

Value for money !!!

The location !!!The reception was very helpful and professional ,especially Inga and a lady in the white blouse . The breakfast is very nice , a lot of fruit , egg dishes , pancakes ... We were very impressed ,as we left one day earlier ,they took care of our meal and packed us a lunch box with nice food , orange and water . Rating them 10 for that !!!!Certainly highly reccomended and we'll stay there in the future !

Pleasant short stay in Riga's old town.

The room was a little on the small side for 3 people, and the smoking area was on the patio just outside the room's French windows, so we had to keep the curtains closed in order not to be seen. Not many vegan options for breakfast.

The room had air conditioning, which was a real bonus. Very comfy beds. Tea and coffee making facilities came in useful. Easy access from the bus station, very handy for visiting the old town.

Great hotel, if you don't expect a superb breakfast
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

1) breakfast - the room itself was having so low ceilings that a 1.80m tall person feels uncomfortable, coffee was horrible, croissants pale and undercooked all 3 days of our stay 2) beds are rather soft 3) remote control from the aircon was missing in our room

Staff was exceptionally friendly and professional, location is superb. Being a Latvian native, I can highly recommend this hotel. Walking distance to everything you need, if you are up for sightseeing, shopping or partying in the city.

Excellent location for tourists who want to see the city, quite reasonable prices and friendly staff

Very small room.

Location in the old city centre and close to the central train station. Friendly for smokers - a lot of places where you can smoke with comfort (I mean to sit and have some drink).

Situated in the centre

No conditioner in the room, small bar for breakfast. Bad pillows. Shower cabin was without shelf, no place where to pur soap and shampoo. Old TV taking place on the table. I give only 2 stars for this Hotel though they say that it is 4 stars hotel.

Situated in the centre

Location is perfect
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

The hotel is old, the room is small and staffed with useless dusty electronics (old tube tv, dvd player, some hi-fi system or whatever it was)

Location is perfect

Galina

Very poor eircondition, male working in the restaurant was very rude, when we complaint that service is very slow, and kids are tired and need food, his answer was, he is tired too!:-(

Good location but our rooms and breakfast area small, staff ok except barman.

Our party had standard rooms which were very small, not much room to move around and put cases away. Breakfast was served in a cellar type room no windows which was small with not enough tables for the number of guests . It was crampt when queuing for the buffet food.

Good location for sites, also near to coach station as we arrived by coach. Reasonable breakfast.

would maybe return but not spend the extra money to stay in a suite, not worth it
    • Suite with Sauna

stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in a Jr. suite in July 2015, great room, very nice and comfortable. i moved to Riga from Toronto, Canada in May of 2016 and married my Latvian girlfriend here at end of July 2017. i am now a resident of Latvia. for our 1st wedding anniversary i thought it would be nice to go back where we started our life together. thinking of how nice my room was on my first stay in 2015 in a Jr. Suite, i decided to book a suite which is the most expensive room in the hotel, what a mistake. website says city view, room is on ground floor. three nice big windows in room but all have very heavy drapes and bars on the windows because the windows look directly at the tables on the outdoor patio. had to keep drapes closed so people could not sit beside our windows and look at us in the room. no daylight came in the room and needed electric lights on all the time we were in it, felt like we were staying in a cave. all we could hear was music playing on the patio all day and up to at least 10 pm at night, could hear people talking and babies crying on the patio when people eating. breakfast is from 7 am to 10 am and all we could hear were the noises of people and dishes during that time. the bed was the most uncomfortable thing i have ever slept on, i think the floor would have been more comfortable. also, there is building construction right next door and all we could hear was workers yelling at each other, a big crane lifting materials all day and banging and hammering each day from 8 am to around 6 pm. the best part of our stay in our suite was when we were not in the room and out of the hotel and walking in old city Riga. can not understand why they would put their most expensive room in the worst location of the hotel. i even asked for a Jr. Suite rather than stay in the suite after we had seen it but was told nothing was available, not much cooperation from hotel manager, just kept telling me that they had never had any complaints about the room.

breakfast was included and was a very good buffet assortment hot and cold, restaurant food was good and prices not bad, poor service on outdoor patio, no one out there to take your order, we sat for 15 minutes and had to go to reception to have them get a server out there who was quite good and friendly when he came out. they say they have video cameras in the indoor restaurant so they can see when someone is there waiting to order but was told it had not been working for a long time

NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL

Prior to coming to the hotel, I asked the hotel 2 things: 1. To have an invoice for my company. 2. To have a quiet room. ----------- 1. I asked again when I checked in and left my company details to the receptionist. The next day the colleague informed me that she wasn't able to give me an invoice because the payment was made online??? Never had this case before no matter if the payment was made online or not. In the end, she wasn't able to give me an invoice for my stay at my company. 2. This is the hotel reply prior to my stay "All our rooms are quiet and we are at the part of old town where is no clubs or other noises which can boder you during night time ." Reality check: Room was facing the street with loud music till 1:30 AM (it was Monday night!) and people smoking in the street. I went to the reception and again the receptionist informed me that she wasn't aware of my request and that the hotel was unfortunately fully booked and no other rooms were available. As a side note, the breakfast buffet was one of the poorest I've seen (overcooked sticky eggs and mushy bread) also the breakfast staff was very unfriendly.

Frustration

We were three days in Hotel Mote Kristo. No air conditition, just old table fan, what was so loud, sounds like helicopter. When you opened windows, noise was heard from the street and tobacco smoke came to room. The cleaner did not came to three days. Breakfast room really tiny. Dark room.

Location is very good, Old town near.

Good location, friendly personnel, good breakfast.

The hotel is advertised as a 4-star, but everything in it, from the furniture to the services, from the size of the rooms to the bathroom, makes it much closer to a nice but quite austere 2-star. Nothing wrong with it, but it should be advertised as such.

Good location, friendly personnel, good breakfast.

very worth while and convienient . Will go there again in the future see you soon
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

snacks in room (water, small pringles , biscuits) where airport prices but Riga is a capital city so !

breakfast was very good unless you got there late in which case not all food was topped up. Bed was very comfortable had very good sleep

the location was very good .

it's not that I didn't like just it's an old fashioned hotel, like 10 years back.

the location was very good . Breakfast place was tiny though it was enough options of food to choose

Excellent location in Riga.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Staff so unfriendly, impolite, not saying hello in the breakfastroom for the 2 days. Very bad feeling and athmosphere, empty restaurant - zero people in the evening, and empty bar...breakfast was really cheap with american rappers hit video going endlessly on a huge screen in tiny bkfast room overpacked with far too many tables. Economic room was under the roof, no AC, 1 ceiling lamp only, a TV from 1980. Very economic.

Excellent location in Riga. Close to everything like the old hangars now market place, and to old town. Really quiet as far from the crowded places.

Higly recommended for every traveler! :-)

Just some important notes for future travelers: - Keep in mind that the place for laggage it's not really a special room but rather a place near the tables in the conference room behind the reception desk. So this place is not closed, but looks pretty safety. - The breakfast room is situated in the basement so it is pretty small and has only 8-10 tables, so you may have to wait a place to sit. We had our breakfast early, about 08:10AM (the breakfast begins at 08:00AM during week-ens), but even at this time there were only 2 free tables. - The window of our Junior Suite with Spa Bath number 227 looks on the awning of the hotel restaurant so it could be crowdy and noisy en evening. - Near the hotel there was a building reconstraction in June 2018. During the week-end there were'nt any works but maybe it is pretty noisy during the week.

The staff is very helpful and nice. The Check-in and Check-out are easy and fast. After a reservation I received a polite letter from hotel manager with the explanation that my Genius status with the possibility of late Check-out from the hotel would not work because of the hot season and many guests, but I could leave things in the hotel until evening free of charge. It was OK for me. In general it's very useful that the hotel has a space to keep laggage for free before check-in our till evening after check-out. I don't know - if it because of this little moment with my Genuis status or just because we were surprisengly lucky, but instead of standart Double Room we enexpectingly were given huge Junior Suite with Spa Bath, which had a large bathroom, a separate table in the alcove so we could spend a nice evening near the window. The Suite was clean and looked like on the photos and had everything we needed: refregirator, bath amentities, towels, TV-set, Music Center and even bathrobes. The WI-FI is good and fast. The breakfast is a buffet and has a pretty good choice: yoghurt, cheese, sausage, scrambled eggs, porridge, sausages, bread, biscuits, pastries, fruit, juices, tea, coffee, etc. The hotel also has it's own restaurant, but we didn't visit it. The hotel itself is cosy, has a nice decour. Everything looks like on the photos. The location of the hotel is more than wonderful, you will be in the middle of everything: 2 minutes by foot from the nice places of Old town, 5 minutes from big supermarkets like Stockmann, 7 minutes from railway station. Summary, everything was just great, we spent lovely week-end here!

Beatiful and classic

Door is too closed to the bed frame, and it is quite heavy, ventilation is not so good

Nice location, beautiful decoration, it's a real piece of art, full of paitings and art carpets, really enjoyed watching the interior. Yammy breakfast plenty of choices. Room is clean and the antique sofas on the floor corridors are highlights.

The hotel is in the centre, nice receptionist, perfect breakfast and of cource value of money!

The time for cleaning the room it was between 14:00-17:00 the time we were back to rest!

It was in the center near the bus station for airport the bathroom was nice the girls at reception polite and the breakfast was perfect!

The breakfast was big and delicious.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Often there was not enough space at the restaurant during breakfast. The room was very small, facing a very noisy street. The bed and the pillows were extremely uncomfortable and worn off.

The breakfast was big and delicious. The staff was friendly.

Unpleasant experience
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Unfortunatley we were really dissapointed with the loud noise and door slamming, people knocking on wrong doors, loud conversations in early hours. When we arrived card slot for the power for our room was broken. We pointed this out to the staff member and latter on when we returned it was poorly fixed with the duct tape hovever as we were about to relax tape came off leaving us in pitch black with no power, no air conditioning. As it was really late we had to prop the chair against the switch.

Bed was comfortable and clean bathroom

Position
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Wifi not good (very slow). Room and bathroom were small. There is no possibility to close the window so early in the morning the light come inside the room. Breakfast poor (few choice and no good quality) and there was no space to eat in a comfortable way (you need to bend to pass from a room to another).

Position

A very nice boutique hotel at a great location.

The room was very small, bathroom sink was little and hard to reach (too low) and although there is an elevator, our room was at the end of the floor so we had to carry our suitcases up a few stairs to our room.

The location is great, in the old city. The staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Good value for money.

Good location- close to old town and bus station.

Theree were 2 rooms in cellar for breakfast, but they did not have enough tables for all guests. If you arrived for breakfast on bad time (around 9 a.m.), then there was no free place and you need to take your plates and coffe cups upsetairs to conference room.

Good location- close to old town and bus station. Stlylish room decorations.

With all good and bads ,We still would stay in this hotel

Shower cube was very small,water did not drain well,washing basin so tiny and placed so awkward . The bathroom was mainly where i was not happy about. Kettle small with short cable ,you have to plug and when water boiled unplug it from main in order to be able to pour water in your cups . TV channels were all Russians,staff did not help when we asked if they could tune it for to Latvian tv. in order to watch the world cup football to be honest with you staff were so boring with very low attitude and no smiles breakfast was ok ,i wouldn't go further than that Lift only one in the hotel ,our room was on the 4th floor

Location is spot on,could not fault it. Good air conditioning ,there was a fan available too for very warm summer days. Clean room with fridge and not noisy . there was also a safe box for keeping your valuables but you had to ask the receptionist for the key (free) For rainy days you also could ask for umbrellas (free) Price was fair ,security was very good monitoring at all times

A hotel at a very convenient location and good breakfast in Riga.

The staff is not very friendly. We planned to eat at the hotel restaurant, but it looked like the waitress is also the chef!!! We waited & waited for the service to order the meal, but we then gave up and ate out at another restaurant nearby. The double room is quite small for such the so called 4 star hotel! However, the hotel breakfast included in the room rate is quite good.

This hotel is at a very convenient location at the Old Town. The public bus stop ( Bus 22 or 322) to Riga airport is less than 5 minutes walk in front of the hotel and the bus ticket as at June 2018 is only 1.15 euros if you buy it in advance at the kios near the bus stop. The market is just a short walk through the tunnel where you can buy fresh fruit, vegies, cheese, etc. at a very reasonable/cheap price. The shopping centre is also 5 minutes walk from this hotel. The Freedom Monument is also very close to the hotel.

It was a simple room, cozy when you get used to it.

The room was really small, there were some terrible bugs crawling in our room, they gave me a rash. The windows wouldn't properly open. Design was very poor and plug sockets were in inconvenient places. Restaurant staff was rudest I've ever experienced, we avoided going there again.

It was a simple room, cozy when you get used to it. Breakfast was ok.

Super comfortable beds and truly incredible location.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

The bed cover was smelly like it hadn’t been washed in a while and I kept finding hairs all over. Breakfast could have been better.

Super comfortable beds and truly incredible location.

Unique old world charm - this hotel is situated in Riga old...
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Breakfast options were limited. Breakfast room was in a small room making it very crowded, hard to get in and out. Bed was uncomfortable.

Unique old world charm - this hotel is situated in Riga old town, close to the main attractions. The staff were polite. Room was nice and spacious and spa bath was modern. I loved the nautical theme the hotel had going but would be much nicer with a bit of renovating.

Good enough for a short trip.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Surprisedly no windows in the room, the floor carpeting needs to be cleaned, and the air conditioner too, also there was no remote.

Perfect location, helpful staff, fancy and nicely decorated interiors, good breakfast.

Great location and good value for money.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Bit tight space for breakfast. And you can hear the building: pipes, floors etc, so needed to use ear plugs however personally it doesn't bother me as much as I always use them in hotels.

Hotel is in a good spot in the city center and really close to the train and bus station. Very practical to get to all the sightseeing bits and the free walking tours. Breakfast in a tiny room but good. As stated room didn't have a window which might have had bothered me if I stayed there longer but for 2 nights it wasn't an issue. Also had to sleep with earplugs as old building and you can hear it.

Low standards of customer service
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

I had high expectations for this hotel but I felt really let down. It was not that breakfast was poor, or that I could not stand straight in front of the sink shaving in the morning because the bathroom was so small, or that the bed was the most uncomfortable I have slept in for years, or that staying in a room without a window felt like being in a prison; it was the general attitude of the staff. Most didn't seem to like the idea of having guests. Apart from Alice (she only gave her Anglicised name) - who was lovely - staff were indifferent and unwelcoming. I could overlook any other faults apart from that. Shame on them.

The hotel is in an excellent location. The hotel is clean.

Great place to stay in Riga old town

The carpets need a good clean, our feet were black after walking around the room.

Fabulous location right in the middle of the old town, surrounded by bars and restaurants but tucked away so nice and quiet. Reception were so friendly and accommodating, arranging for us to have an extra pillow and ringing taxis. The room was a good size with comfy beds and a nice shower. Would definitely stay again.

"
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

"Lunch-box", more exactly "breakfast-box" which they gave me because of my departure to the airport very early morning (at 5 a.m.) was very pleasant )

It was my pleasure to stay here.

There is no much comfort difference among suits, therefore you can prefer cheaper one and save money, however it is compensated by great location. The Hotel also provides very delicious breakfast.

Good price in good location, but not really a 4-star stay.

The breakfast is really not great. Few options, refilling slow and stops like 30 minutes before the end of the breakfast. Room was quite small and dark, but nothing to complain about too much about at the price.

The location is obviously great, all of the old town, central train and bus stations are within walking distance! Also, I had no noise issues with windows closed although there it is close to highly frequented (nightlife-) areas. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Riga weekend stay
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

The food provided for breakfast was of a poor and cheap quality, and the same for the 4 nights that we stayed.

The hotel was in old Riga and very central for the local attractions.

Good location.

No mattress protector on bed raised my eye brow.Breakfast in basement with no windows was Not great experience ,restaurant was also in basement of the building as far as I know so we did not even go there.

Good location,room was ok .

Good value for money hotel

Walls are a bit thin. Nothing particularly bad actually.

Wonderful breakfast, that included different types of pancakes; great location, in the old city, but also next to the bus station and with links to the airport

Location, value for money
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Long waiting at check-in. Printer didn't work so receptionist was busy with it and even didn't mention us. And she didn't even ask if we need any help after long trip. Very poor coffee, lack of tables at the restaurant during breakfast time. Poor pillows. Poor noise-proofing. They should be better prepared for May holidays high season.

Location, value for money

It has all the basic necessities expected of a hotel and the...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

It has all the basic necessities expected of a hotel and the restaurant has a nice ambiance with reasonable value for money. Its close to everything and a worthy value for money.

WONT GET BETTER VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY RIGHT IN CENTRE
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Breakfast could be more varied

You Can Use Computer in Front of reception and even print your Ryanair Check in there Only 50 Meters from Bus stop to Airport

Our stay at the Hotel Monte Kristo was great because of the excellent location and friendly staff.

The walls were quite thin so you could easily hear some noise from the corridor and other rooms.

The room was clean and cozy. The bathroom had a nice tub and there were good quality dinner and breakfast served in the hotel's own restaurant. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was excellent! The air condition worked great as well.

Lovely rooms in excellent location but rather unfriendly staff

The staff wasn't very friendly, communication was poor. While check-in we were given breakfast times, but no one mentioned the times are different on weekdays and we missed out on breakfast. We asked the staff why no one mentioned it, they just shrugged their shoulders at us and that's just one example of poor customer service, we felt like we were bothering them just by asking a question. Also the kettle in the room was disgusting and unable to use, minibar fridge was really smelly.

The hotel is an excellent location. Rooms are really nice with massive comfy beds and clean bathrooms. Breakfast is included in the price of the room which makes it a really good value for money. Hotel restaurant offers tasty food for great price.

Best location, good breakfast, poorly insulated room, best short-stay hotel.

The room was good, but it was way too hot in the room. The room was poorly insulated. A lot of noise outside. It was a non-smoking room, but we could smell smoke from the lounge downstairs. After complaining, the staff didn't do anything.

Location was perfect. Close to bus station, close to the market, close to old town. Bed was good, but not perfect. Coffee was terrible if you compare it to Holland and Italy. Breakfast was good, a lot of choice in food. If you are travelling Riga for a short time, this is definitely a good stay. When you are booking this, make sure you book a room that's not on the streetside (where the hostels are).

The real portal to the old city
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

A great combination of price and quality, friendly staff, beautiful stylization. Quiet hotel, a good place to relax. The rooms are quite spacious and equipped with everything necessary for a quiet rest and work!

Good location, close to the city centre as well as to...

Good location, close to the city centre as well as to airport transport, friendly staff and reasonably well-equipped hotel. Room and all hotel facilities were clean, breakfast with various cold and hot meals. Hotel restaurant is suitable for lunch and dinner as well. Hotel can be recommended for holiday stay and offers definitely good value for the money.

great location, garage parking nearby, clean

very uncomfortable navigation inside hotel (one room is just in entrance and window goes to bar terrace), breakfast hall is extremely small.

great location, garage parking nearby, clean

Very nice hotel.

Little bit loud cleaning service

Very nice hotel.Friendly,helpfull ladies at reception desk.Lovely breakfast.Nice,clean,tidy room and shower.Great location

Monte Christo stay in Riga.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Great location, good value for the money. Equipment is not very modern, but hotel giving a feel of home.And as well since that is histirical building it is making you imagination of history.

Nice place with good location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

For me it was short stay until my flight from Riga airport. Nice place to stay near bus station and old Riga. Friendly staff. Breakfast is nice and there is a lot of things to eat and drink.

Great location, great value-for-money,room a bit small but the atmosphere more than makes up for it!

The room could be bigger - I was traveling with a big suitcase, and there was barely enough space between the bed and the room door, to open that big suitcase. But that was a minor thing, alltogether a very good first impression from that hotel!

Very short stay - late arrival and had to leave to the airport already before the breakfast time. But still, I managed to get a good rest, and as the location is so good then I spontaneously decided to have a walk outside in the old town. Riga old town is never disappointing, and Monte Kristo is another bonus, will visit again!

Overall stay was satisfying.

Bad air conditioning in the smoking room. Poor breakfast. Wifi kept disconnecting on me. And staff members could have been more friendlier. Acknowledge when guest walks in and smile or two never hurt nobody. Make them feel welcome. Didn`t feel that way. Maybe it sounds like I am to picky, but it is not the case, just basic hospitality standards.

Location was excellent if you are after beautiful old town of Riga. Liked that they have smoking area, but air-con could be improved as it felt very smoky even when you were in there by yourself. Hotel itself and rooms are alright for the price you pay. Bathrooms were clean. Nice interior in the lobby, corridors.

...good place to stay :)
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Sound insulation a bit of downstairs smoke-room smell

Good place for city trip or overnight stay Excellent location - located on the border of the Old Town. Breakfast - ok Staff - good, polite, helpful

Nice experience, good food.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Nice hotel but nothing special. Good value for money and location is great. Food in restaurant (lunch/dinner) is very good. Staff in restaurant is a bit sleepy ...

ANTIsuperior Double Room

This time booked a superior double room - soooo not worth money spent. Actually I could not think of even one reason why this room should be considered as better comparing it with a standard double I used to stay before. There was no extra seating area/space. It was extremely hot in the room and unusually cold in the bathroom (where all the „free toiletries" were represented by four sadly looking samples of shampoo). The room itself was very odd: high ceiling (that's good) but... windows very high as well, so the feeling was as we were staying at the basement (although the room was on 4th floor). Finally, we were unpleasantly surprised by cleaning staff: left the room with the sign „do not disturb" and STILL they ignored it. And what was hilarious, they simply chose what to do in the room, e. g. changed towels and folded the edge of toilet paper into a trinagular shape (LOL), but did not make the bed.

Decent coffee, very delicious pancakes. Very good location of the hotel.

W`ll be back.

Excellent location,very ,very nice old building with modern facilities,helpful staff. On my last day ,we have fly at 05:00.They prepare for us a bag with breakfast and order for us a taxi.The breakfast (included) was rich and variate.

Nice location, friendly staff, perfect value for money
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

The shower cabin in the bathroom was extremely small, but you can get used to it :)

The location is extremely good, right near the Old City, and the bus and train stations. The bus stop to the airport is very close as well. The staff was very friendly, and they checked me in earlier free of charge as a bonus. The room was small, but comfy, with everything you may need. And their prices are extremely affordable. Ah, and the building they are in is very interesting.

Great cheap option for a weekend in Riga!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room without Window

Couldn't work out the heating controls at all! Bathroom was quite old and the fixtures weren't in great conditions

It was well located between the bus station and the old town, also really cheap!

A not bad choice

I think the bed is too small and the space is not large enough for two people to live in

I think the environment is good and the location is very good because it is quite near the old town and it is a good choice to live here

Browse Boutique Hotel Monte Kristo traveller photo gallery