Reviews of Opera Hotel & Spa 4 stars

Raiņa bulvāris 33, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia

#89 of 153 hotels in Rīga

Nice stop on the way to relax and visit the city
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Room not ready at check in time. Drink was offered while waiting. Some little points that could be improved but nothing to make a drama about.

Nice rooms, nice spa area. Price really good considering the quality.

OK hotel in a good location

breakfast starts only at 7:30, noise

The property is located on rather busy crossroad, but very convenient, if you have some further travels by bus, as the international bus station is just 5 mins walk away

Only if you must stay in Central.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

We had a nasty sewage smell in room 411. Resolution by hotel seemed to be spraying air freshner, which only masked the smell for a few hours. Really nasty stuff (& we stayed for 2 nights) :( The staff looked at computerscreens / floor, rather than the customer. Noone said a friendly hello after arrival. Breakfast had a good variety to choose from, but noone cleaned the tables/chairs, so if you wasn't there very early it was kinda dirty there.

The location couldn't be more central than this. Walking distance to the old town, across the street from Stockmann. Free parking around the corner in the evenings on business days and post-afternoon on Sat. Completely free on Sun.

Not worth a 4 star title, only 1 hour spa included with standard room
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

3/4 of the room was pitched roof so you had to bend your head, even in the bathroom. To low ceiling in the bath so you have to sit and take a shower. Standard room has only 1 hour free spa included, spa consist of a sauna, steam sauna and a small pool, temperature in the pool to low and the sauna was not cleaned for empty bottles from other guests, a lot of smaller tiles missing in the steam sauna. Breakfast buffet was crowdy and the selection of food was under average. For a 4 star hotel and the price I expected better standard.

7 minutes walk to the old town. Across the street you find central station with Origo shopping center and Stockman shopping center nearby.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Location, personnel, breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Bad smell in the standard room. Overall condition of the appartments - poor and not comfortable.

Location, personnel, breakfast. We did not use SPA facilities (so, no comments about SPA)

There are better hotels in vicinity for the same price and even better location in Old Town.
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Air conditioning did not work so only way to refresh room were fans given to every room. But it did not help much. Open window to the noisiest street was not solution. Very poor wi-fi. Very expensive restaurant comparing with any local restaurants even in Old town central.

Very friendly Staff.

Breakfast was very nice and plentiful.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Our room was right next to the vent and so it was a bit loud at night. We solved it with ear plugs. There was an issue with a smell in the bathroom but the staff reacted quickly and managed to solve it. Some things in the spa did not work - e.g. whirlpool but it was not our main concern and we were warn by the staff.

Breakfast was very nice and plentiful. Staff were very helpful. The spa is tiny but nice and if you have it only as a n extra feature to your stay, it is very pleasant. Room was sufficiently large and comfortably furnished.

A rather classy hotel, in a very accessible location, and at a reasonable cost.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Nothing! We were very happy! One small point might be to say that perhaps they should try to have more check-in staff in the late-afternoon, when everyone arrives, but it is a minor point.

This is a classy hotel, with modern en-suite bathrooms, spotlessly clean, and very helpful staff. A good, central location, too.

The location is great, wifi is like magic.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

there was a funky smell coming from the bathroom and there were molds in some parts of the bathroom.

The location is great, wifi is like magic. The staff was really helpful. We asked for a kettle and they provide one to us immediately, they also provide two cribs for our babies. Dinner was also included in the reservation, even if the pre-paid dinner have a smaller menu to pick from, once we have talked with the restaurant staff they prepare different dishes for us, This was amazing

Price satisfaction but Unpleasant Spa Staff
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

Sloping toilet seat. It could be a problem only for the room I used. But it was junior suit. It should have been better than that. Clogged drain. It was hard to take a shower. But they were not really a big deal. The real problem was the SPA staff. It was racial discrimination beyond unkindness. I spent 65 Euros on two massage programs. 45 min body massage, 15 min facial treatment. The massage started just after 5:30 pm. And it ended in less than 6:25 pm in the massage room clock. I paid the money for 45 minutes 15 minutes each, so I talked to the manager of the counter about the massage time. If it was my misunderstanding, the manager or the massager should have kindly explained it. If the massage time was too short, they had to apologize to me. As soon as the massager came to the counter, she spoke in a grave look. "Why do you think so?" And she said that it was done precisely. The manager repeated her saying that the massage was done for the correct time. They sounded like I was lying, and I was not feeling well. I explained the exact time I saw. But they asked me which country I came from. The question was terribly unpleasant. I am an Asian, but I live in Switzerland. So I said I came from Switzerland. The manager and the massager scorned. My husband, who watched from the beginning, was angry at their ridicule. When my husband pointed out their wrong attitude, the massage lady laughed and said, "I sincerely apologize." But it looked like another ridicule. Later, the manager confirmed to my husband that the clock in the massage room was five minutes late. The time I saw was correct, but the clock was wrong. I did not finally get an apology for this part. I have not heard any explanation for their arrogant attitude or the rudeness of asking about my country of origin. All the points I recorded for this hotel are due to the attitude of the spa staff.

Spacious, good view through the window, Great accommodation for the Price. However, I experienced an unpleasant situation that caused me to forget price satisfaction.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location in the center of the city.
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

No own parking facilities. Wifi didn't work probably because there were too many guests. The room (one of the last?) had no normal window, but because of the heat outside this could be considered a bonus.

Location in the center of the city.

Overall, the hotel was lovely, good breakfast, clean and...
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

It wasn't clear enough that my room did not have air-conditioning and it's was 30 degrees during my stay.

Overall, the hotel was lovely, good breakfast, clean and great location.

Worst hotel ever.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Worst hotel ever. No four-star hotel. Unfriendly and unmotivated employees. Rooms too small. Shower/bath an absolute misconstruction. No air conditioning. Never again. Lousy.

Reasonable price for first class accommodation

I couldn’t figure nd Fault

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The facilities were fantastic. Also, the food/room service was top line from the attached restaurant.

Short, unpleasant and never again!
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Frontdesk staff was 1 young woman and a boy who pretended to be the doorman but had no clue what his role was. walked around looking helpless and not able to answer my questions. Check-in took "forever because of lack of staff. Room was ABSOLUTELY NOT as in the beautiful pictures. It was old and outdated and didn't feel clean. windows could open but that was useless due to traffic under my window and airco wasn't operating properly. Biggest scam was the fact that as business-traveler, I had no access to the spa, except between 09:00 and 10:00 in the morning, remember, I am here for business so I can obvious not be in the hotel around that time!!! I felt cheated with this "hotel&Spa" advertisement!

Location in the city, terrace at street level.

Good location.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Overpriced for really bad service. Unprofessional and unexperienced staff in the restaurant for breakfast. I asked twice Latte for extra money for breakfast. I was waiting for 20 min and finally got absolutely cold coffee.

Good location.

Great staff, helpful and friendly (quite unusual for Riga)
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

I’ve changed two rooms but in both there were no AC. There is a central one, but it doesn’t work, so I had to sleep with opened windows, which was not very comfortable.

Great staff, helpful and friendly (quite unusual for Riga)

A nightmare!

Look back!Thanks.

miserable room, window on the internal court yard, impossible to sleep, smelling coming in horrible. l am an old client of this hotel and l was expecting a better treatment.Never more l will put my feet at the Opera!!!

Very disappointing place
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

For example: - very strange rules - the receptionist want from us 50 euro deposit. Why - we asked? In case of destroying the room... - said receptionist. No comments... This is the four star hotel??? - when we checked out, another receptionist asked us about using the things from the minibar. Normal thing. But when we told her that we did not touch nothing from minibar, her made a call to man or woman. Her or his task was to check whether we told the truth... - odour from the bathroom

Seriously? Nothing...

Great location, comfortable hotel
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

the suite faces the road which is a four lane highway, its quite noisy and the bed shakes when a truck goes past. Still a comfy bed tho! We also experienced an alarm going off to evacuate our rooms as soon as possible, we were absolutely terrified, I currently have a knee injury, and had to climb down four flights of stairs to get out of the building, limping as fast as i could, we got to the bottom and they said it was just a test. all of us were shaking in terror. They said they had signs up and someone was supposed to tell us at check in. The manager gave us a free drink- didn't really cut it after going through that, he also kept saying their was signs everywhere, like we should've known. I am on holiday not hanging around the hotel reading, i never even noticed. in this current climate, in a foreign country, getting told to evacuate immediately with alarms blaring into our rooms was a real shock. We were evacuated the very day before by armed police in the train station so we believed it was serious. Also the Spa was full of children screaming and playing so we couldn't use the pool and made the steam room hard to relax in. its supposed to be a relaxation spa, they shouldn't let kids in. Kind of ruins the relaxation part!

beds were super comfy staff were very friendly Spa was beautiful Location was excellent

To repeat again
    • Economy Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

That the elevator was broken to go to the spa on Saturday morning and so it crashed with our morning plan but it was fixed quickly and we enjoyed of the full hour we had as per our room

I liked that we had comlimentary drinks courtesy of the hotel and that they upgraded our room without asking us and for the same value

#weloveriga
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

The open plan shower wasent really practable in a small space because a lot of the floor became wet. The shower wasnt as powerful as I would like.

The staff were very helpful. The room was always clean and presentable.

Nice hotel, friendly staff, great location. Stayed here because of the spa, but time were fristrati
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

The spa time was too restricted, one hour was good, but the times were frustrating. 9-10am spa time was not good, because breakfast was from 7-10am. We would have to eat breakfast early then go to the spa, which sounded terrible, or skip breakfast which also sounded terrible. An earlier spa time would be good. 3-5pm spa time interference with our leisure activities, because we needed to return to the hotel in the middle of the day. A later time would would be good. It felt like management did not want hotel guests to use the spa by making the time inconvenient; the spa was the entire reason I chose this hotel. If I knew how annoying it would be to actually use the spa, I would have stayed somewhere else. Please adjust the spa hours. Also the bathroom shower drain smelled like sewage and made the entire room smell 🙁 aweful!

The staff was friendly, and the room service was great! Breakfast was a good selection. The spa was wonderfully relaxing! The restaurant hours were also fantastic.

We stayed in the first floor, room number 12*.
    • Economy Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

We stayed in the first floor, room number 12*. Two times a day (in morning and in evening) for one hour or more in the room was terrible smell of sewerage.

Very good service
    • Economy Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

When we got to the reception we were told the room we booked is very small (suitable for one person, but there was two of us) and if we wanted an upgrade we had to pay. Not very pleasant surprise.

Very good service

2 Day Visit to Riga
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Smell of drains from the bathroom

Very clean, great location, good room size and free use of the spa facilities and complimentary drinks when we checked in.

good
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

The man who worked at the reception was a little bit bored and not trying much to help. Everytime I came to ask him something I felt like I am disturbing him. Maybe he was just young and not well experienced but he should definitely improved his communicating with guests. I was expecting kettle and tea and coffee on the room in 4star hotel, this was actualy the first time that I experienced no kettle in the room from all countries in Europe I travelled. I was missing a lobby bar in the hotel, there was only place for restaurant but not kosy place to have a drink in the evenings or afternoons tea time. There is problem with canal in the room, it smelled terribly and the bad smell was during our 5 days stay and it was very interrupting.

Cleaning staff absolutely amazing, everything very clean, I would give them 12 out of 10 points. The lady at the reception with glasses welcomed us at 3.30 in the morning with a big smile and was very cute, and gave us lots of information and nothing was a problem for her. Her communication with guests was on a high level.

Everything was splendid.
    • Economy Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

Spaa is a little bit little one, but still very cosy. I think that's why there is a certain spaa-hour for any room - that's understandable and good for clients comfort.

Everything was splendid. The room, the price, the location.

It was good, but having visited the Radisson, we wish we had gone with that choice.
    • Superior Twin Room with Spa Access

Check in took almost half an hour as there were 17 people that arrived just before us from Ireland. Despite two flights (London and Dublin) arriving late evening they only had 1 person on the desk. The breakfast could be improved. It wasn't bad, just not great. The bread rolls were the kind of frozen ones you put in the oven and were hard, as if they had been baked the night before. Generic cheese when there are so many types of cheese in Latvia. We did not have a good spa experience. The steam room was not steamy. The pool (like a large jacuzzi) was cool, like a swimming pool. But too small to swim in so you are just cold. I booked treatments prior to arrival and they made a mistake so didn't have them in their calendar. They admitted the mistake but kind of shrugged that they were fully booked. It was only because we demanded they sort something out that we got a discounted treatment the next day. They are giving out vouchers for spa offers but do not have availability.

The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable, with surprisingly good pillows. The location was good too. When we finally got our treatments in the spa, they were excellent, fully recommend the Aroma Massage, the salt scrub and the Seashell Massage.

The staff was especially friendly and the rooms were very...
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

The spa is quite small, so not really a place to relax for a long time, but nice enough!

The staff was especially friendly and the rooms were very nice and clean

A comfortable hotel near the center for reasonable price.
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

The room and bathroom showed signs of aging and could use some refreshing. Some light bulbs were not working. Considering that we stayed in junior suite, I would have expected a bath instead of just simple shower corner. The TV screen was a bit small for the room size and half the wall was just plain empty gray wall. No carpet on the floor and the wooden floor was scratched and worn.

The hotel was at a good location, staff was friendly and the room comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and room was quiet (even considering that it was next to busy intersection and railroad station).

Hotel location is great, we had nice room with city view.
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

We stayed in the hotel seven night, in the package include breakfast and dinner we had a same diner menu every day, from two offers each courses and possible to get two courses 😐

Hotel location is great, we had nice room with city view.

Very comfy double bed, large bathroom, nice spa, good food.
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

No view from the window. As mentioned in other reviews in the bathroom only a soap-bar, no shampoo etc. Please ask from reception desk. Those little things ruined the othervise outstanding impression of the hotel.

Very comfy double bed, large bathroom, nice spa, good food.

Great hotel and spa.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Great value for money. One hour of spa included, just from 9 from 10 am if you are in a standard room. I was unable to use it because of my timing but it looks great. Make the most of it if you can! Good complete breakfast buffet also.

Pleasure time in Opera
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Shower cabinet has no door so you likely to get a lot of water around bathroom when you take a shower.

Excellent staff; they were helpful, friendly and polite.

Excellent hotel in the heart of Riga
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

My only complaint would be the shower water pressure ...

The front desk manager was very welcoming of my request for an early check-in, at around 10 a.m. Aside from this, I also had the pleasure in staying in two different rooms. The first room I was assigned to had a courtyard view. Even though it was nicely appointed, I felt a little bit claustrophobic, due to lack of views and somewhat bad lighting. My request to change the room was also met by the front desk manager and I was assigned a very nice room with a nice view. The breakfast was also okay, better in comparison with the similarly priced hotels in Riga that I have stayed in the past. The biggest perk of this hotel though is the ability to use the spa and sauna facilities, which comes in especially handy when there is -18 degrees celcius outside. This hotel will definitely be my go-to-hotel in Riga from now on.

Perfect location, great service and real good rooms
    • Economy Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

Breakfast was good and variated. Service was perfect and everybody was keen on helping out. Location is really good. Close to everything old town (walking distance) but far enough to not be disturbed at night

Opera Hotel Riga
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

The property is located on great location. Very close to old town. It is very clean and rooms are big. Great value for the money. Excellent staff and very clean hotel.

Hotel's staff is very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Room was little cold; blowing cold air from under the door in the bathroom. SPA is working only from 9 until 2100 - it means that if you are on a business trip, you cannot use this :) Morning swimming from 7 am would be really great.

Hotel's staff is very friendly and helpful. very thankful for room-cleaner, who put up the curtains to let room become warmer :)

Everything was easy to walk to and staff were so helpful
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

My husband was followed into the lift and accosted by a female who came out of lift after him and my husband had to tell her to get lost reported to management who apoligised and said he would look into it but never came back to my husband dissapointed.

Everything was easy to walk to and staff were so helpful

All in all we enjoyed it , but little things like no milk for tea and coffee need sorting.
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Breakfast , bit of a scrum, scrambled eggs more like a slab of eggs same each morning,one toaster and only half of it worked so could only do 2 slices at a time.. Little things that could be so much better.

Comfy bed. Thought room bit small for a Superior room

In general would stay there again.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Coffee was disappointing. Also the SPA time in the morning, timewise you either go to breakfast first and then to the SPA (with full stomack) or don't use SPA at all.

Breakfast was great! Also room was very comfortable with a bath in it. Location is great and staff was nice.

A beautiful hotel with great location and facilities
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

A lovely hotel, comfortable and with excellent facilities. Right next to the Old Town and the National Opera. The friendly staff are just amazing! Very helpful and professional. I also recommend trying the Spa which offers very good value for money.

Staff was pleasant.
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

There was a lie about the parking: in booking.com it was writen that there is lots of free space for parking. When we arrived we were informed that we have to park in nearest shopping center and pay extra 12€/day for parking. Bed was uncomfortable due to damaged mattress. Bathroom floor was overheating. Lack of conditioning in the rooms. Breakfast was same as in two stars hotel.

Staff was pleasant.

Overall, it is an excellent choice (we stayed in a junior...
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

It was not the problem for us, but the shower stall is somewhat small and is of open design - so it might be a bit inconvenient for some people.

Overall, it is an excellent choice (we stayed in a junior suite) - the hotel is located just a street across Riga Central Station and in about 3-5 minutes from the old city centre. The room was spacious and neatly cleaned and the staff were altogether friendly and helpful!

Good hotel in a convenient location
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

There is no shower cabin so all bathroom is wet after shower. Breakfast: all hot dishes were completely cold

Very convenient location, clean comfortable rooms.

Clean room, very nice breakfast, nice personnel on...
    • Superior Twin Room with Spa Access

Spa and its personnel. We reserved spa-treatment and personel didn't inform us that they are late. They started clay-treatment and after that was supposed to be massage but we had to wait over 30 minutes. We didn't get any refund for that. Also razul was disapointment. They gave us two cups of clay in small bathroom and we sat in cold steamroom on very uncomfortable, hard chairs..

Clean room, very nice breakfast, nice personnel on restaurant and reception

very friendly and helpful staff, perfect location, good...
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

spa was quite small - one small pool, hammam (rather cold) and sauna. not sure it was worth paying extra for spa access which was max 1 hour stay in any case.

very friendly and helpful staff, perfect location, good breakfast, beautiful superior room with nice view.

Chose mainly because of Spa, won't stay here again
    • Superior Twin Room with Spa Access

Couldn't get double bed, the beds that we got were not comfortable. One of the spa workers always tried to get all the visits out of spa way before the closing time. The breakfast area was way too crowded in the mornings, hence all the guests were forced to sit together and some had to wait for free space, the area is not suitable for large crowds.

The location was good, close to city center and central train / couch station.

Good and affordable place for a business trip.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Parking is a bit complicated - on the street is paid, had to use parking building of the closest shopping center. Double bed was pretty narrow.

Very good location, small somewhat cozy hotel. Looks cozier in the pictures than in the real life. Nice and helpful personal. Breakfast was superb- a big variety and tasty food. Rooms were small but clean, shower in good condition.

Very pleasant hotel in convenient location for opera, old town and railway station.
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Breakfast was slightly disappointing, particularly the cooked food, although the bread was good. We could have done with milk and a spoon on tea/coffee tray in room.

Fabulously comfortable super-king-size bed, lovely heavy cotton bedlinen, tea/coffee making facility in room, immaculately clean, 2 comfortable armchairs and large marble table, very friendly efficient staff, and location very close to the opera which was the reason for our trip. Loved it, will be back!

very good stuff
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

kettle, tea and 3in1-coffee in the room would be nice :)

Employees were really helpful, polite. Made us feel welcome (especially receptionist lady from SPA area)

Incredibly relaxing stay
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

I cannot think of anything to be improved upon.

I really enjoyed my stay. Breakfast was amazing. It was probably one Of the best I’ve had on a long time. The spa was complimentary to use and was the perfect way to start the day. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and the room was lovely.

Nice location, spacious rooms but poor staff attitude
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Staff was not helpful or friendly. Night shift receptionist was almost rude. Breakfast administrator ignorant. At breakfast no food allergen info was provided.

Rooms are spacious, beds ok.

staff is friendly, next to central station and shopping...
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

the walls are thin, so you can hear some noice from the other rooms (and vice versa i assume).

staff is friendly, next to central station and shopping centre, a few steps from old town, bus 22 and 222 to and from the airport stop in front of hotel, good wifi. very nice hotel.

Great hotel for the price - very short walk to train station...
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

I had a great stay - not sure why there are so many less positive reviews.

Great hotel for the price - very short walk to train station, bus station, public transport, shops, parks and the old town. Nice breakfast, large lovely room - clean, modern and comfortable. Was tempted not to go out in the evening as was so comfortable in the hotel room. Restaurant attached to hotel, good room service menu. Didn't use the spa facilities, but these are included in the price.

Boutique Spa hotel with comfortable quality bed for your good night's rest!
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Very comfortable Queen size bed , which was what I needed... there is a spa in this hotel, highly recommended to book your spa therapies, Great Location, lots of eateries and shops, and the Old Town is just 10mins walk away

99 years independence anniversary of Latvia
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Small room, heating is low, no shower door and all bathroom been wet after shower:-(((

Location of hotel is nice and staff is very friendly and welcoming, SPA on a territory of hotel, free wi-Fy

Decent if you're willing to pay for everything!
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

For the price that you'd pay... you should get a lot more! Stayed in the Junior Suite, No Aircon to regulate room temp, no toothbrush/toothpaste or any body lotion (Something that you'd see in many 3-5 star hotels)... minibar prices are too high! - A small glass bottle of water was €4, paid for the same water in a restaurant €1.25.

Central location with amazing views from the hotel. Breakfast was delicious and bed was very comfortable!

In old town but limited parking in additional fee 15 eur night
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

Breakfast was just perfect, but exactly at 10 o clock personal asked to move another table, I think this needs to be changed. In Room temperature were cold. On reception personal told us that SPA is working until 22.00 but is reality it were until 21.00. other things are good. Superior room is huge and clean. only what can be added is carpet on the floor.

Nice hotel in the heart of Riga
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

As in the name, it seems the core amenity of the hotel is its spa. However, spa facilities are just average. The pool is quite small and there are only few other facilities as expected in a normal hotel spa. It was also quite packed over the weekend, but the staff kindly allowed us to visit the spa outside the allocated free available time slot.

Very well located hotel, next to both the old and the new city. The room was spacious, well equipped with a big and comfortable bed. The breakfast had a very good selection of products and delicatessen.

Location perfect, treatment great, breakfast and room just ok.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

The bathroom was tiny, with an open shower, so unless you're very carefull, you will flood the bathroom every shower. This is especially annoying since the only hanging space (apart from the closet) is in the bathroom. A hook on the door for your coat would go a long way, since it rains a lot and you def. need a place to hang your wet coat. The spa area requires you to wear a bikini, being used to naked sauna this came as a surprise. Also kids are allowed in there, so unless you get lucky with your timing, don't expect a quiet relaxing time. Signs of no phones or quiet please get ignored by adults and kids alike. The breakfast is not what you expect from a 4 star hotel. It's very limited in the selection, one of the 2 toasters didn't work, any requests to the staff was left unanswered.

The location is perfect, the airportbus 222 goes to the Central Station and you simply take the underground walkway straight to the hotel. The reception and spa personal were super friendly and helpful. The Wifi worked way better than in most hotels I've been to, so streaming or working is no problem, but you have to sign back in several times a day. We got an amazing offer for a treatment for 2 with rasul and massage which was fun and relaxing. The bed was very comfy and the television has a big variety of channels.

Ok
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Bed uncomfortable ... good size but big dip/valley in matress kept dragging you in!! Breakfast was ok. Staff seemed unhappy.

Spa was great. Good location.

Not good for the price.
    • Junior Suite with Spa Access

"Junior suite" is more like superior room and less like junior suite. It was VERY VERY COLD in the room despite the fact that we turned the radiators to the maximum. Also need you need to keep in mind that you will hear every noise from other rooms.

Nice breakfast and very nice personnel.

This is not 4 stars hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

This is not 4 stars hotel. We lived in very very small room with my husband and 3 years son. We didn't have tea and coffee in the room and also a bottle of water. The swimming pool is very small too. The breakfast is good The location is very central and closed to everything So i will never choose this hotel again.

The staff were very friendly & helpful.
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

I had emailed in advance to ask about gluten free food which I was reassured was accommodated for. When I asked first morning at breakfast the lady went to talk to a colleague who was obviously also unsure... but instead of finding further information they both walked off! I was shocked. Each morning I just had to make a risky guess of what I could eat!

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The spa was well needed as we on a hen weekend. The location was fantastic, short walks to old & new town, great base to explore from!

Lack of a hotel parking, what is not very clearly stated...
    • Superior Double Room with Spa Access

Lack of a hotel parking, what is not very clearly stated during reservation - for somebody with a heavy luggage could be unconvienient to use a public mall parking on a distance from the hotel. Knowing this clearly in advance I would probably take another hotel.

We had a great time in Riga and this hotel is value for money but there is room for improvement.

A very strange room on a corner, only one bedside table and light, with a small annexe with a desk in it and no view - kitchen roof. The narrow entrance obstructed by a clothes rail and no wardrobe or drawers. The ventilation was not good but with the window open, the kitchen staff made a huge amount of noise around 3 am, crashing and banging. This was a single room at best and not 4 star. The other members of our party had a bright normal room, wardrobe and a normal layout. They had more street noise. The breakfast room needs better management - often nowhere to sit and tables left uncleared. Too little space around the buffet for access

Excellent location - central, near train and coach station. Great city to visit - beautiful parks, architecture, history, culture and food. Hotel reception staff friendly and helpful. Rooms clean. Good price.

Good location but not a four star hotel
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

Room was very small and uncomfortable. I booked a double room and was given half room on top roof. Spa was available only from 9 to 10 a.m . It wasn't advertised on site as such. Poor breakfast.

Location only

the location is great, very central and close to everything,...
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

the noise and lack of air conditioning

the location is great, very central and close to everything, however if you happen to get a room with windows to the main street forget about sleeping... and on a watm summer night not being able to open windows is quite bad when there is no airconditioning in the room.. but that may have been our bad luck

Amazing suite room in the center of Riga
    • Mansard Suite with Spa Access

Spa facility is slightly cold and it'll much better if it's warm.

The suite room is really nice with open bath tub and amazing design and natural lights.

Good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

Nice cozy and clean rooms, excellent location. Room was a bit airless but it can be fixed with air conditioner. Did not use the spa due time limit. Wounderful choice for short stay if you want to explore Riga centre and have good connections with airport or bus station.

Chaotic for the price paid
    • Standard Twin Room with Morning Spa Access

I felt slightly unwelcome at the reception when arrived. no information was given about the services (restaurant, bar, wifi, spa, etc.) There was no air conditioning in the room while it was 32 Degree Celsius outside. There is a menu for a bar and room service after 10pm in your room, however when you call reception after 9:50pm there is nothing available. I had to beg for 2 small bottles of water with reception while he was insisting that there were no drinking water available. The last of night of my visit there were no running water, so no showers available............

The room was clean and the location of the hotel is ideal between the old and the new town.

Everyone were kind and helpful in this hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

Stayed at Opera Hotel & Spa for two nights. I loved the hotel. Hotel room was very clean and comfortable. We were surprised that SPA also was included, SPA was small, but we enjoyed it very much. SPA girls were very polite and recomended ideal SPA treatment for me. 1.5 hour pampering was great closing for our trip to Riga.

Beautiful and comfortable hotel within amazing location
    • Standard Double Room with Morning Spa Access

The hotel over all was perfect. The breakfast was very tasty and high quality. The staff was well trained and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location was right in the centre which is perfect to explore Riga.

Browse Opera Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery