Reviews of Rixwell Irina Hotel 3 stars

#112 of 158 hotels in Rīga

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Bad hotel, good location
    • Small Double Room

Bad smell in the room and the bathroom - we had to open the window every time we came back. Actually only one electric socket in the room. There were other 3 under the table (which were difficult to reach and it was impossible to move the table) but they were needed for the TV, the lamp and the fridge. I asked for an extension cable but they didn't have any. Wi-fi was quite bad, I got disconnected very often - both in the room and in the restaurant. At the reception I was told that the reason was a lot of people using wi-fi and they couldn't do anything. Only one lamp over the bed and it's placed so high that you have to stand up to turn it off. And there is no bedside table.

Very good location in the city center, direct bus to the airport. Breakfast was OK but could be better. There is a store 100 m away (and it's opened till late at night).

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The only thing is good about this hotel, is in perfect...
    • Small Double Room

dirty room, stained carpet and not hovered, hair in a toilet and sink. Linen on a beds seem to be too small as its not covering matrass in full. Very slow at reception check inn. Breakfast is ok, but coffee is awful.

The only thing is good about this hotel, is in perfect location and cheap.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As a couple we had single beds. We booked a room with a double bed. The staff did not solve this by giving us a double bed. They placed a top layer over the bed to make it a double bed. That didn’t help much, because there was still a pit. Hotel looks outdated.

The price

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

• Small Double Room

Very cold as the city had not yet turned on the heating and the hotel did not provide any additional heating. A lot of stains on the carpet. Very little space

It was close to the old town and quiet

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

they charge your credit card before check in
    • Small Double Room

dear hotel, I was sad to see you commit to credit my card 2 days before I go to your country. obviously it is a certain amount of collateral after 2 days later, during check-in I paid all the stay as agreed via booking.com and I do not report this commitment. you have generally believed that I left my sunny Greece to come and do damage to your delightful hotel amidst constant rain after you live like fish. the umbrella is a natural extension of your hand. if it is practice that is practiced for all your clients then you think that everyone your clients are thieves and scoundrels, if you only did it to me then you have something personal against me that I can not think of the word. I'm no longer indifferent if you are in a good spot or if you have good and fast wifi and what level had your breakfast. your behavior was unacceptable. it would be good for your Greek visitors not to bother us with the rest Austro-Hungarian sexes you have for tourists. When you talk to the Greeks you talk to the cradle of civilization. if you answer me I want the right to do follow up answer.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Great combination of price, service and location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant closes too early:)

Great combination of price, service and location. Definitely recommend this hotel to all who shares the principle of economy during the voyage.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

A great place to stay if you are not too demanding towards...
    • Standard Triple Room

A great place to stay if you are not too demanding towards interior design or comforts and need a place to stay over night in Riga. Location very close to the old town, railway station and the bus station. A big commercial centre close by. The parking lot for minibuses, including the one to the airport, just over the street. Decent breakfast and friendly service.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

goode value for the money
    • Standard Triple Room

It was nice if there was a kettle in the room and a possibility to make a tea and coffee. The hotel does not have parking (although it says that there is parking). The hotel offers parking not far from the hotel at 5 euros per day

Nice and helpful staff , good breakfast, central location

Passing through Riga on way home.
    • Small Double Room

The room was tired and there was a dirty/sewage smell coming from the toilet. It seemed as if the drains were blocked

Central location. Acceptable breakfast. Staff did not explain facilities available.

Location is convenient and cost performance is good.
    • Small Double Room

I stayed 7 nights. Bed making was not done two days. I do not know why. My room smelled a little bit bad. Probably it is because the hotel building is old. I enjoeyed breakfast though the foods are almost same every morning.

The location of the hotel is very convenient. It is just in front of the train station and 5 minutes walk to the old city area. I will probably select this hotel next time. The price is reasonable and the place is very convenient. Service is not bad.

Nice hotel in the city center, great location for exploring.
    • Small Double Room

We booked a small double room, but it looks like they were prepared only for one person, the towels were for one person only, even the blanked on the bed. For 4 days our room was not cleaned at all, a housekeeper never entered the room.

Nice hotel in the city center, great location for exploring. The breakfast was also great

Central location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Asked for a double bed, but got twin beds. TV in the room didn't work. It was very hot in the room (top floor) and very noisy at night, if the window was open. There are three steps to the entrance, not easy to get in with a stroller.

Central location, clean, friendly staff.

Good location but nothing else.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy during the night, no air-condition only a fan but we arrived at 35 degrees (yes, it was so hot in Latvia) and a very hot night (although not in the room description on booking, now we realise that this is a must have), no refrigerator, belly TV with only 12 channels, "public parking nearby" was really far away from the hotel (we got the map how to reach it). Poor wifi, oh' my God beds were like from a dormitory, 70-ties furniture, room was not cleaned during our 2 days stay, very reserved and inhospitable during our arrival. Breakfast ok. Nothing to report.

Proximity to the city centre.

The only positive aspect of this hotel is it´s good location...
    • Small Double Room

First they gave us a really tiny room, only with a bed, a narrow corridor at the bottom end of the bed, and a shower. When we complained, they offered us a somewhat larger room in the attic - which was extremly hot at that time of the year. In the breakfast room there was only one coffee-machine; during the main breakfast time (8:30 to 9:30) one has to queue up for coffee. Several times, food-trays were empty and we had to wait for 5-10 minutes until they were refilled.

The only positive aspect of this hotel is it´s good location close to the old town.

Not great
    • Small Double Room

Considering the price we paid, the room was small, stuffy (no conditioner), and noisy. We felt underwhelmed to say the least. Fine for an overnight stay. It would have been very disappointing if we had been staying longer.

The location is good. The breakfast was OK. Staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

We enjoyed vuniting Ri
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was very noisy from traffic and people outside windows though double glazed need to be sound proof . Deposit taken and not taken off hotel price before payment. Still awaiting for my bank to refund 100 euros.

Room needed renovating was small carpet rather worn and dirty bed was rather low

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Proximity to the Old Town.
    • Standard Single Room

The bathroom stinks. It was the odor of a backup pipe. I suspect the room has not been used for sometime and the water and gunk entrapped in the drain is decaying and creating an odor. I complained to the front desk. I suspect that they only sprayed deodorant, just like what was done in the hallway when I came in. It did not solve the problem. I created my own solution. I poured hot water and left the shower on hot for an extended time, closed the shower door, turn in the ventilation and closed the bathroom door. It succeeded in reducing the odor significantly. The elevator/lift is slow and is illogical. The elevator goes by the sequence of who pressed the button. For example, it can go to 4th floor than to 2nd floor and then to fifth floor. Just have to be very patient or take the stairs.

Proximity to the Old Town. Though no AC, the mgmt provided a fan. I used it 24 hours as it has a separate power that is not regulated by requiring a card for the power system.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Not too good, but not too bad as well
    • Small Double Room

Couldn't make tea or coffee, there wasn't a kettle in the room. Shower wasn't clean.

Bed was conformable and room was warm, windows sound-proof enough, complimentary water bottles

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in!
    • Standard Single Room

The carpet in my room was so filthy that I wore socks the whole time in order not to have to walk on it in my bare feet. When I complained to the woman at the reception desk she told me the problem was that "it's an old hotel". I've stayed in many old hotels in the world and never has old been equated with filthy. That is a maintenance problem not the age of the building problem. I requested an extra pillow 3 days in a row before I finally got one. The bed was uncomfortable and the cleaning staff subpar. After the first morning I went outside the hotel to have a decent breakfast.

The gentleman who worked the reception desk 2 of the days I was there was smiling, friendly and helpful. That was also true of the young restaurant staff. The location was excellent to both shopping and city sights.

• Small Double Room

Only one staff at reception making check-in and check-out so slow. I’ve been waiting for more than 30min. The room is small and TV is old fashioned.

Great location. Friendly staff.

Not worth your money!
    • Standard Triple Room

Absolutely AWEFUL BEDS, Completely OUTDATED furniture and tv, bad functioning shower, DIRTY carpet, only ONE electricity socket far away from the bed, CRACKS in the walls. NOT WORTH THE MONEY, we paid 120 euro for 1 night, it shouldnt be even half of that.

One staffmember completely agreed with my complaints but couldnt help us due to bad management.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The hotel is situated at a perfect location near to the old...
    • Small Double Room

The hotel is situated at a perfect location near to the old town as well as to train/bus station. That's really comfortable when you want to make some side-trips from Riga (e.g. to Sigulda or Kemeri). I also liked the restaurant!

Staff was very friendly, 24 hour access, free breakfast was...
    • Small Double Room

Tight quarters for sure. Twin bed took up 90% of the room, not including the bathroom. No A/C, moreover, the fan they had in the room didn't work

Staff was very friendly, 24 hour access, free breakfast was quite good

Good hotel.

Old hotel.

Good hotel. Basic and near the center of the city. There are many shops in the hotel’s street. Room clean and with bath products, they change towels everyday. Late check in free. Mini bar and fridge in the room. Breakfast sweet and salad.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location, friendly and helpful staff.
    • Small Double Room

Lights in my room were not working (night shif staff helped a bit, got lights working in the bathroom), room (carpet) did not look that clean.

Location, friendly and helpful staff.

Pretty average
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

-We arrived at 11 am and we did notify about early arrival. We were very understanding that they had no rooms since it was ealry and left our bags in the storage room (which they don’t lock). We came back at 2 and our rooms and rooms of 2 other families were not ready. We waited for 45 minutes to get the keys. They had 2 hours to clean 3 rooms. The guy at the reception was not apologetic at all, he just said we had to wait and he didn’t say sorry even once, no compensation. I would care less if it wasn’t the Rixwell hotels chain. I expected a different standard. If you have too many rooms to clean get more stuff members. I paid to stay at the hotel from 2pm until 11 am and I expect nothing less. -We had the room 211 and they had construction works outside and little did we know they work through the night and I slept for 2 hours since they finished at 5am. I didn’t want to stay in any old town hotels because I know how noisy it can get with all the bars and this seemed like a good alternative but it was even worse. -They advertise sauna and a swimming pool everywhere and it costs 15 euros/hour/person. -Breakfast was pretty basic. If you have no dietary restrictions you will be fine. -WiFi is very slow, I used my data instead. All in all it was fine but the receptionist who didn’t even try to apologise for the inconveniences just ruined the whole thing.

The room was pretty big and had a fridge. Nice view out of the window when construction is not taking place and central location. It was pretty clean as well.

• Small Double Room

The room is really small and it’s very hot. We asked for a fan at the end but it didn’t help. The hotel also got funny smell. Breakfast is very limited.

We booked a family room for 4 but the room was clearly...
    • Family Room

We booked a family room for 4 but the room was clearly prepared for 3 only - 2 single beds and one sleeping sofa which was way too small for two children to sleep on. There was only one duvet on the sleeping sofa and only three towels etc. We had to ask 3 times before we finally got an additional bed at 10pm. The next morning we complained about the situation and that the room was not in a very good condition (dirty glasses, broken light bulb etc) but when we returned in the evening, we found out that the room had not been cleaned, beds not made - nothing done at all. We complained again and when we checked out the next day, there was no apology again. The management clearly does not care and that is very much reflected in the way guest are treated. Not recommendable at all

Only location is perfect!
    • Standard Triple Room

The rest is absolutely not adequate value for money and the facility. Needed to be renovated 20 years ago! the smell terrible, very dirty curtains, no kettle in the room!

Only location is perfect!

Room was dirty.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was dirty. They give us a very small room. They did not clean the room. We were there from 30/7- 1/8, and we had the same towels. Last day we found behind the curtain an empty bottle of gin. It wasn't mine!!!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very good cost benefit and location
    • Standard Single Room

The room was extremely hot and the hotel provided ventilators, since there are no ac.The bathroom was also very hot due to the hot water tube, so it was almost impossible to be at the room during the summertime. Nevertheless, it was understandable, since the hot weather was atypical in the region.

Excellent location, close to Old Town, bus station and easy to go to several touristic points outside the Old Town. The staff was nice, room was clean and the breakfast was good.

Good option for short stay.
    • Small Double Room

We got rounded room that was very small, while standard room was booked. Breakfasts were same every day without any alterations.

Good location of the hotel opposite to the Main Train station. Few minutes on foot directly to the Old Town. Good ratio between price and quality.

Road works outside my room on the first day until 2am in...
    • Standard Triple Room

Road works outside my room on the first day until 2am in morning no warning whatsoever,also took 3 rooms before we could check in people already in the first room they gave me a key next room only 2 beds booked 3,couldn’t get money back never going back a every chance last time I book through booking.com

Very brief stay so no comment.
    • Standard Triple Room

Was very hot weather and no air conditioning so very sticky even with windows open and fan blowing. Did have a problem with our lights shorting but we had to leave early so did not report it. Also our room wasn’t ready when we tried to check in at 2.30pm. Had to wait in the heat until after 3.

Chap on front desk was extremely helpful when I was having trouble with airline boarding passes. 5 star service.

Close to the city center
    • Small Double Room

6th floor, under the roof, room terribly overheating, small window not possible to fully open, no ventilation! Elevator often out of service. Parking 1 km away, hotel not good for those coming by car, no unloading zone in the front of the hotel. Never more!

Close to the city center

Close to the old town
    • Small Double Room

No Airco in the room. A fan was not enough for a hot night (more than 23ºC) in july.

Good airport shuttle. Close to the old town. Opposite the central station.

Location is really nice, If you don't mind the terrible facility.
    • Small Double Room

1.dirty carpet, all facilities are old. 2.no air conditioner so would be hot and stuffy, TV has 9 channels, Only one of them is English speaking. 3.The room is smelly, especially the bathroom. 4.The last and the most disappointed is the room is so tiny. Two person even can not stand together.

location is very good. next to railway station, bus terminal, and walking distance to the old town.

definitely not recommended
    • Standard Triple Room

I was traveling with my sons. We booked three-bed room. Third bed appeared to be chair-bed, which was falling apart, the boy had to fix it all the time through the night. The cleaning was outrageous. we found trash left by the previous guests, leave along picking up a napkin I missed when collecting litter. Of the two nights we stayed one night internet was not there. The only good thing about the hotel was location and breakfast was totally acceptable.

Very old with bad smell.
    • Small Double Room

The hotel is very old. Some of the furniture is from the childhood of my granny. Our room was very-very small, no space for the luggage at all. But the biggest problem was a very bad smell of old things. I am not allergic and I have stayed in outdated hotels before, but it was absolutely unbearable. The window cannot be opened very well just a little bit. So there was no chance to make the air fresher. The street is loud even at night, so it is also not good. There are better hotels on the same street!

The bed linen and the towels were clean. The breakfast was good with hot choices as well.

Although the location was convenient, the comforts were lacking.
    • Small Double Room

Our room was not only small but may have been a broom closet previously. The bed was very old and uncomfortable. The first night we only had one small, thin comforter. We asked for a second which was delivered promptly. One bathroom light was not working. There was only one old, hard, and rickety chair. There was no place we could stand at the same time. One had to move to let the other pass, sort of like a slide puzzle. The alley we overlooked was very noisy. Guess that was why we were provided with ear plugs. Seagulls nesting, cats screeching, people yelling, dishes clattering in the kitchen. The bath towels appeared to have benn leftover since the occupation - worn, thin, and old.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was plentiful.

Good multilanguage speaking staff, close to the central...

very bad wifi connection

Good multilanguage speaking staff, close to the central railway station and the central bus station, well-cooked food for breakfast, comfy and clean room

Really great place if you need to be early in the morning at...
    • Standard Single Room

Be ready to hear someone shouting in the yard at night every hour, and be ready to hear what your neighbours do :)

Really great place if you need to be early in the morning at the bus or train station.

Will not go there again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room smells. Wifi was horrible. Breakfast not good. Many problems with the personal. They couldn't make the invoice for the company for 3 days + they lost my company card. One morning they forgot to order the taxi (even though they wrote the info on a paper). And after they forgot, they didn't even apologize.

Location is great.
    • Standard Single Room

Very disappointment. The room was small, dark, stuffy, dirty. The carpet was dirty. As soon as I lied on the bed, all over my body was itchy. The room does not have power outlet to charge electronic devices. bathroom was newly renovated but there was a small leaking. Customer service is poor too -- When I book this hotel, I accidentally clicked "no cancellation deal" twice. I need to say it's bad website design because I was just checking the details of the no cancellation and it turned out I booked two rooms for one night. I cancelled one room as soon as I realized it (within 6 hours on the same day). But a few weeks later I found out that I was still charged twice. OK I know I needed to take some of the responsibilities for this; but I would like to let the hotel knows the situation and wishfully thinking they might be able to do something, or not anything but they need to be aware of how the website can lead to such a mistake. However, they just ignored my inquiry and not responded at all. When I checked in and realized the room's condition was so bad, I asked them to give me an other room. Unfortunately the 2nd room is better than the 1st room just because it's not as stuffy. Everything else is still bad. I regreted very much that that booked this room and even worse I paid double. My company usually uses this hotel for some business partners and this is why I chose it in the first place. Now we will stop using it for future business trips.

Location is great.

Nice room, helpful staff, breakfast included, conveniently...
    • Standard Single Room

Check in time of 2pm is rigidly applied so a queue can build up.

Nice room, helpful staff, breakfast included, conveniently located for stations and old town. After check out they'll store your bags on request. Excellent value for money.

Did not like in that part of building.
    • Small Double Room

Male receptionist first i came in was very ignorant should had taken his name. Female staff was more polite and helpful. There was no lift in that building were i stayed - with child and luggage that was nightmare. When i booked room it did not pre warn there was no lift. Only when i paid on receipt with very small letters said there might be no lift. My booking was not returnable.... Please let people know before they book there is no lift!!! Pillows were awful very hard i had migraine after each night. When i asked if there is any other pillows to exchange receptionist said no they all the same, he even did not apologise. Under bed and on some sides there was so much dust it was awful - i only noticed that when i had to get toy from under bed what my child thrown under. I needed disinfectant awful. I stayed in other Rixwell hotels - this was worst one unfortunately, such a shame as very good location. I booked room with a bath - it said on a booking form it has a bath. I even asked girl on reception if room has a bath , she said yes. Look at the picture- that is shower what i got. So very dissappointed. Hopefully rooms in other building are better.

Rooms were spacious.

Ideal, central location; very well kept and spacious room; generous breakfast

This was probably the best room I'd stayed in at the Rixwell Irina; I have no complaints

The staff was extremely helpful, and the room was the best I'd had at the hotel (a slightly higher upgrade that was worth it - spacious room with a fan, well kept)

Excellent location, right next to Old Riga, with very helpful staff and a generous breakfast
    • Small Double Room

The rooms seemed small and sometimes stuffy, but this was to be expected for economy rooms

The location was ideal for Riga (very close to Old Riga); the breakfast was always filling and delicious; staff was always willing to help

Great location for a reasonable price
    • Standard Triple Room

I expected to have a separate bed for each of my 2 kids. In fact there were only 3 single beds. Which was weirs for a family of 4 people. But we were so tired that it didn't spoil the rest very much.

Great location, very close to the old city. Good breakfast that exceeded my expectation.

Affordable centrally-located private room in Rīga
    • Standard Single Room

As advised by the info sheet in the room, i did not drink the tap water and instead purchased a water from the hotel restaurant at €2.50 for a relatively big bottle. The info sheet however didn't mention that there was a water dispenser available in the breakfast room (though it was only switched on at breakfast and at random other times). I'm ok with having to pay an exorbitant amount for the water, but it would have been good if they had mentioned the existence of the water dispenser as well. The staff did their job professionally but were not exactly warm.

Although i stayed in a small single room with a small window opening to the inner stairwell and with a sill covered in pigeon droppings, ultimately for the amount paid, and given the excellent location and above-average breakfast, it is very good value. I got more than expected for what i paid for.

Great location and staff, poor cleaning.
    • Small Double Room

Cleaning wasn't appropriate. The fridge in the room was too noisy even lowering the thermostat. Originally I got a room with carpet in terrible conditions, but luckily the staff offered us another room.

Great location and helpful staff.

Very disappointed with my stay
    • Standard Single Room

The wifi was really slow and unreliable throughout my stay. Then one night the wifi was completely knocked out due to a windstorm(which I understand). This was particularly frustrating since it made the simple task of googling tourist sights and maps take many minutes. The bed was not the most comfortable and the TV in my room was not working. Additionally, while the WC was really clean I do suspect there may have been some bed bugs or other insects in my room( I woke up to find small blood droplets on my sheet)

The location of the hotel is good. Its close to the bus and train station and about 10min walk from the old town. The breakfast had a great number of options.

Better hotels in area for the same price
    • Standard Triple Room

It was dated, the beds were not comfortable, and there was a lack of power sockets in the room, the mini bar would have been good if the fridge wasn't switched off for some time and then developed a horrible Oder smell

The hotel was located in a great place, everywhere was a short walk away.

Location is great, but a lot of noise, there's a need to improve the breakfast and WiFi.
    • Standard Triple Room

The breakfast should be better, there was almost nothing I wanted to eat. Boiled eggs were boiled a day before so they were cold etc. Also WiFi - if you are on a business trip you may have to use WiFi, but in our room it was nonexistent. Thanks to 4G I was able to do everything that was needed.

Very good location, pity the hotel did not come up to expected standard
    • Small Double Room

First offered twin beds having booked a double. After some lengthy discussion was given a double. This room was extremely small, bed did not have a headboard even though the wall behind it was not straight. Bed was uncomfortable. Room was only cleaned superficially. Ancient TV, channels did not meet the ones listed.

Location, breakfast

Excellent location.
    • Small Double Room

I’ve got the room on the 6th floor which basically was a rooftop, without normal windows, without a view and with low ceiling. hot like hell during the day, and still hot during night, strangely without air conditioning with just a vent. WiFi was slow and weak, and the walls so thin I could hear each one of my neighbors, and the walls and floor shaking every time some heavy truck passes. “Breakfast” is just a joke, better go across the street to the cafe. The staff was kind , but somehow it took them two days to bring me an iron. I don’t say you should run away, but consider your value for money. For me it was disappointing.

Excellent location. That’s it.

We used this hotel for proximity and also price reasons just for one nigth stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The beeping noise of a traffic light was real disturb from 8 AM. The room could use renovation.

It was close to centre and well connected to transport hubs Helpful and friendly staff. A good breakfest.

Great location, literally across the road from a shopping...
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast was a bit unlcear, saff member saw me looking confused and failed to help me out in any way even though I could understand any of the 3 languages usually used in Latvia. Signage or a some simple guiadance would be helpful, especially as I’m coming from a different country where breakfast is done a bit differently. Top floor has near horizontal windows so “nice view” didn’t exactly apply. Bathroom had a mildly unpleasant smell maybe coming from the drains or just stale water.

Great location, literally across the road from a shopping mall. Reception staff communicate well in a few languages.

The location is quite close to the old town and the most...
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is not very clean, the beds are uncomfortable, the view is nonexistent and the street is quite loud. There is no air conditioning.

The location is quite close to the old town and the most important sights. The breakfast was quite alright.

Location is great, close to everything.
    • Standard Single Room

WIFI is very slow, almost unusable in the evenings. Breakfast is basic. I stayed in this hotel multiple times and each time there are some small annoyances. Either the room is too hot or cold, or there is a lot of noise from the street. However such things are to be expected in this price class.

Location is great, close to everything. Value for money is good and the prices of the extras (minibar) are very reasonable.

Central location
    • Small Double Room

Super noisy. When we stayed, it was still quite cool at night, so the noise did not bother us too much. However, I am not sure it would be possible to sleep with open windows.

Perfect location. Helpful staff. Rooms are quite worn out, with some stains that cannot be cleaned anymore. But otherwise our room was clean and cozy. Would definitely consider staying there again if I got a good price deal.

Reasonably priced, no-frills option in central location
    • Small Double Room

The tiniest room I think I've ever had in a hotel, except for Hong Kong. Also, one of the two curtains was missing, which meant it was very light in the room from early morning on (I suspect it is a cost-cutting measure) After two requests, it still wasn't replaced during my stay.

Very nice staff - just how hotel reception staff should be!

could be better
    • Small Double Room

I didn't like that room was too small, that it smelled awful from the shower (like someone took a dump in there), that hotels parking is 15 minutes away on foot and hotel takes 50 cents extra charge.

I loved the location of the hotel (almost the old city of Riga) and I liked that reception guy helped us in need.

Good location, short walk to the bus station and the...
    • Small Double Room

Soundproofing was next to nothing but nighttime was very peaceful. The bed was very simple with pieces of plywood as a base but the matress was ok. Room could have used some renovating. Excellent price-performance ratio though.

Good location, short walk to the bus station and the attractions we wanted to see. Friendly staff, good breakfast. Room was just spacious enough for two, room temperature ok in April, bathroom clean.

Not satisfy
    • Standard Single Room

Spa and other facilities was closed every time and even cattel, microwave or any facility at room was not available. I stay at room 303 no window looks out. I select this hotel on book.com by checking their photo but reality was different. I check out one day because of facility problem and hotel did not refund for one day

Worst hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Sauna access

Stuff was unfriendly, we didn't receive Sauna which was ordered additionally. Hotel do not have parking, but it was mentioned in booking, we were guided to use supermarket hotel instead which was 400 meters away. We ordered King size bed, but we received 2 small beds and reception told us that they don't have double bad at all in their hotel. It was mentioned that they have lobby bar which is working 24/7 ,but unfortunately it was closed. In the morning fire alarm started at 8:30 local time. We went down and reception girl told that it was just a drill.... At Saturdays morning... when we went for breakfast, but breakfast was offal, we had to wait about 30 minutes for table... To sum up this hotel is worst in all the ways. Manager never apologizes for this and even didn't contact me as they promised.

i enjoy the city and weather
    • Standard Single Room

hotel was very busy but 1 hour wait for check in because rooms wasnt ready, after long night flight was too much. Single room was so tiny and dark, towels not white that all... I was choosing this hotel on my visits to Latvia many years but its time too change for other one.

very good location

yes i would stay because of the locasion, but the hotel must...
    • Small Double Room

yes i would stay because of the locasion, but the hotel must have to Chair to sitting on the room, thats wrong poleci!!!!! talk to the hotell PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for to person,s. one must sit all the time in the bed, terrible!!!!

good value for money and great breakfast

Carpet was quite dirty, noisy fridge in the room constantly going on and off, you can hear all the noise from neighbours room, so they can hear yours.

Breakfast was good, staff was helpful, location great.

Great location, cheap, but I would have paid a premium for another hotel. Parking, not free
    • Standard Triple Room

The room we had (212) has a good view, but it's on the 1st floor, close to a crossing light sign, which from 7.30 am makes a continues noise. This could have been easily fixed with better windows system. The room was very bad, the walls were cracked and yellow as they haven't been painted for the bast 20 years. The curtains were so grey and dusty and you wouldn't even want to touch them. Also, we booked this hotel for the free parking, which doesn't really exist, it's public parking on the street, for which you need to pay.

The staff is very helpful and everyone speaks good English. They would really try to go the extra mile and help with any question or need I had. I also liked the fact that the hotel was very close to the city center, which was easy to walk rather than get lost in public transportation. The weather was pretty bad outside, but there was enough heat in the room not to feel it. Also, the bathroom was clean and the room service provided new towels.

Great location to start your stay in Riga.
    • Standard Single Room

The room was a bit small, though ok.

The hotel has a nice and reasonably priced restaurant. The food was very good. Near by the train station and walking distance to the old town.

My Mum has stayed in this hotel a few times as it is a cheap...
    • Standard Single Room

My Mum has stayed in this hotel a few times as it is a cheap and cheerful option when taking very early or late night flights. Previous stays were pleasant and comfortable, however, this stay turned out to be a nightmare! We appreciate that this is a budget hotel and you get what you pay for, but some things were just unacceptable. When booking a room I had mentioned that a quiet room would be preferred but didn’t expect that staff would take it to the whole new level!! They gave my Mum the most remote room on the top floor with extremely sloped ceiling over the bed which made it near to impossible to get in and out of bed. My Mum is a tall and plump lady in her 60’s which made matters even worse. As she was very tired from a long journey and by nature tries to avoid confrontation she didn’t request a room change. I don’t think my request was something unusual and I’m sorry but I didn’t ask for the most isolated room possible, a quiet room could mean that it is further away from the lift and not facing the street. Simples. Looks like you have to be very careful with your requests, and when specifying the preferred type of room, provision of a short bio plus body parameters seems to be a must.

good only for location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff not friendly at all, not even a forced smile. Warning that the card was not accepted only few days before arrival, when you are not able to do something against, although the reservation was made months ago. Room not according to the description. I asked at the reception, at arrival, the minibar (which in fact was in the refrigerator) to be emptied and I found myself asked at check out, repeatedly, if I took something from that minibar as if I was a thief. Obviously the colleague at check in didn't tell anything or write down that the minibar was empty. Felt like in communist era. Breakfast extremely parsimonious. Restaurant staff watched us closely, expecting us to leave as soon as possible.

Very decent price-quality rate!
    • Small Double Room

There was a constant smell in the room of sigarettesmoke coming from the ventilation system. For a smoke free hotel, that was not so pleasant to smell.

Breakfast was good and very friendly personnel. Clean and nice hotel.

VERY GOOD
    • Standard Single Room

The weather, it was to cold - 13, all day long, here in malta very hot,ok. but i did enjoy my holiday,ok.

That the hotel is near the shopping area, very good, for me, since i only do walking every were i go,ok.

Browse Rixwell Irina Hotel traveller photo gallery