Reviews of Al Fassia Aguedal

9 Bis, Zone Touristique De L'Agdal Km2 Route De L'Ourika, 40 000 Marrakech, Morocco

#59 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

9.8

9.8

• Standard Twin Room

The weather :-). We couldnt Enjoy the pool Because of the weather and it would have been Nice to have breakfast outside. I did expect more from the breakfast since al fassia is one of the best restaurants in town. It is not bad though but we had better in Morocco.

Great room! We had an upgrade. Lovely staff.

Not super centrally located but cabs are plentiful and Myra can help you organize your excursion

Five star experience at a great rate. Pool was fantastic. Room was spotless and comfortable and the staff were beyond helpful. If you are looking for a comfortable spot to rest outside of the Medina you can't go wrong here.

• Superior Suite

Not accustomed to staying in a place quite this oppulent, but was very unpretentious and felt very welcomed. Would very much recommend the restaurant. Finally, I feel it's worth mentioning that the hotel and restaurant are managed and staffed predominantly by women, a conscious choice as I understand and very uncommon in Morocco. It was great to be able to support this.

• Superior Suite

We had a very enjoyable stay at Al Fassia Aguedal. It is about a mile or so from the Medina/Nouvelle Ville so you do have to take taxis but they were always easily available. The hotel/riad is nicely furnished and the service from everyone was excellent. The pool area is very relaxing and the restaurant in the garden is well known and attracts a lot of outside visitors. We had a very enjoyable short stay here.

The staff were absolutely fantastic. Nargis & Myra were very welcoming and lovely. Great customer service and hotel facilities. Would definitely stay here again.

• Standard Twin Room

Staff were excellent and the service was absolutely top class. I can't fault the staff on their attentiveness and service. When I needed to do some work and print some stuff off, the team were more than accommodating. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Food was excellent. It would be great to offer more for vegetarians on the breakfast and lunch menus but the restaurants was exceptional - great food, service and decor and all at a reasonable price! I would definitely recommend al fassia to others.

Nothing just leaving.

This is an amazing hotel with superb staff and an excellent place to enjoy the mayhem of Marrakech within a peaceful and relaxing environment. The hotel and the rooms are very clean and beautiful with a great design. We could not recommend this hotel highly enough with brilliant staff run by Myra who is an remarkable woman. The amazing on site restaurant is without a doubt one of the top if not the top one in Marrakesh. Make sure that you have dinner there. Don't be put off by the location it is a short easy taxi journey from the centre of Marrakech and allows you to recuperate from the dust of the old city in your own little oasis of calm.

• Standard Twin Room

The location is a not on walking distance of the Medina or new town. You need a taxi to get around.

A very good place to stay in Marrakech; the rooms are very big and provided with everything you need. The staff is welcoming and service is high. The attached restaurant serves very good Morrocan food!

• Standard Twin Room

everything was fantastic. Maybe a hot tub would be nice after the ice cold swimming!

wonderful staff. Myra heads an incredible team and it feels like staying with friends. We will return. Fantastic breakfast and delicious dinners in a beautiful restaurant

Great staff. Always kind, helpful and very serviceminded. The hotel and the rooms are very clean and beautiful. Great design. Furthermore, the restaurant is amazing. Both breakfast and dinner is of very high standard.

The handheld shower but it's not really an issue for a few days.

The onsite restaurant far exceeded our expectations. The hotel was quiet and we thought the restaurant would be as well but it was huge, nicely busy with outside guests and far exceeded our expections. We checked the menu before and were a bit worried that a quiet hotel restaurant had such a big menu but we were very wrong. The restaurant had lots of atmosphere and the food was excellent!

Just the noise.

Wifi was excellent. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. It is a taxi away from the Medina, but thats actually okay if you looking to get away from the hussle at night. Can be a bit noisy as the sound travels in the Riad but it doesnt go on to very late which is okay. The place is just mesmerizingly beautiful. Garden is very well taken care of. Very much a relaxing feel to it. I loved it! Will defs stay here again when in Marrakech.

When in the pool area one can hear traffic noisy

Rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean. The in situ restaurant is amazing, delicious food and great atmosphere.

We had a great experience at this beautiful and well maintained hotel with a great pool area. All staff was well trained and very hospitable. This place was for us an oasis in busy and smoggy Marrakesh. Being just outside of the city made the air cleaner and the atmosphere quieter. And yet, only minutes away from everything you can visit in the medina and new center. Taxi's are always available.

The only negative I could have was the hammam treatment - it was expensive for what it was, and wasn't explained to me properly. If I'd have known it was a woman washing me while I lay on a stone floor, I probably wouldn't have gone for it. The massage was very light even though I asked for it to be harder, the lady told me it wasn't possible as apparently I had booked the relaxing one so that's what I was going to have.

Nothing was too much for Myra and her team. I loved the fact I could order my half board meal to my room - as I was travelling alone. Everyone made effort to see if I was having a good time, and they let me stay in my room for the whole of my last day as I had a late check out. The food was outstanding! I loved my room, I felt like a princess. This place is an oasis away from the hustle and bustle. I can't wait to go back!

Nothing :) even if you face with any issue, the staff will be there to assist you :)

It is a perfect place especially for couples and families. Great team and amazing athmosphere will welcome you at the arrival. You will feel relaxing with the help of best confort (great pool, amazing gardens, inside green court with trees). At the arrival the team will spoil you with a great morrocan mint tea and provide you all the info about the city. Breakfast is very fresh, healthy and diversed. Rooms are very big and exceptionally clean. We enjoyed our stay in there and we thank a lot to the team and Myra :)

The room is dark. (This is the Moroccan style) We were a little disappointed by the traffic noise despite that we chose this hotel to get away from the noises of the center. The hotel is away from the medina.

The staff are very attentive to your requests. The pool is very nice. The breakfast fabulous at the pool side terrace. Dinner at the restaurant is a must. It might be the best Moroccan cuisine you can enjoy in Marrakech.

NOTHING!

The manager/owner of the hotel is the most wonderfull lady I've ever met during my stay at a hotel. A very open minded lady who takes good care of everybody. Her staff is excellent, the most kind people you can think off. Because of my birthday I even got a free upgrade to a suite. The breakfast was delicious and if you needed to go anywhere they would fix a taxi within minutes for the right price. The location is 5 minutes away by taxi from the new part of the city and all the nice places to eat and it's 5 minutes away from big clubs and the airport The pool was really big and had wonderfull beds to lay down on next to it. This hotel is the reason I'll go back to Marrakech every year even if it's for 3 days.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Nothing!!

An amazing hotel with superb staff and an excellent place to enjoy the mayhem of Marrakech within a peaceful and relaxing environment. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough from the brilliant staff run by Mira, to the amazing on site restaurant and the lovely pool area which is a perfect haven from the madness of Marrakech. Don't be put off by the location it is a short easy taxi journey from the centre of Marrakech and allows you to recuperate in your own little oasis of calm. My partner and I can't wait to return! Booking at this hotel will not leave you disappointed.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

We stayed in the old city at the beginning of the trip and loved the Riad Chameleon. This hotel is less personal and also not as pretty. I booked it for the pool but it wasn't worth it to me.

The hotel has a bit of wow factor, especially the pool.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The guests are very kind, discrete and professional. The hotel is quiet and beautiful. The restaurant is very good, the entries and the tajines are delicious. I highly recommend this Riad if you want a quiet stay in a charming place.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Only staying one night , not long enough. When our rooms terrace door was open the traffic noise was loud as it is near a main road. Inside the hotel it is very peaceful, however. It is about a 10 minute taxi drive to the medina square but is close to a modern shopping mall with an excellent art gallery, cinema, boutiques and corporate fast food eating places.

Firstly Meera, the manageress, was such excellent medicine with her bounce and positivity after our gruelling 3 day desert trip. The property is beautiful in every aspect of style, design , architecture and atmosphere . The attention to detail is awesome from the perfect Tadac sensual walls to the exquisite roses everywhere . It is vey sedate, private, romantic, well appointed , peaceful, relaxing and rejuvenating for the soul. Above all the staff are wonderful people with their perfect service attitude, pleasantness, smiles and Meera is a formidable, energetic, helpful and wonderful host and manager who clearly keeps the place in top nick on all levels . The rooms, courtyards, public lounges and pool are meticulously clean . We loved our breakfast around the pool which is peaceful luxury and the bird song overrides any traffic noise. Everything they do they do with style simplicity and perfection from the home made yoghurts to the cookies as a greeting token in our room . It was lovely to relax by the pool and enjoy a cold beer. It has the famous Al Fassia restaurant in the front of the hotel which is rightfully very popular with a relaxing atmosphere and very well prepared, delicious and presented food . It is a Moroccan restaurant and I can't tell you , as a pure vegetarian, how excited I was to see a whole vegetarian set meal section or veggie al La carte options . Thank you for a short but very memorable stay .

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Everything was so good!

The staff is excellent, the hotel is really nice and breakfast is amazing. In addition Al Fassia Aguedal is one of the best restaurants in Marrakesh.

• Deluxe Double Room

Area walking distance directly around the hotel has nothing special to offer . Just a line up of 4 and 5* hotels. Calm but boring. There is a small shopping mall walking distance

Super peaceful hotel . Super clean. Very friendly staff. Nice breakfast different every day. Restaurant is really nice with great menu, good wine, lovely setting. And the Marrakech lively area is only 15mns drive.

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff were lovely, breakfast served around pool, beautiful bright room, on site restaurant was amazing. First experience of a Hamman, know what to expect next time, massage was amazing.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

I think it's that Moroccan breakfasts tend to be very light, but it is strange that breakfast is really just bread and jam. That seems to be the culture and not the hotel. The service was impeccable and they even served us despite us getting up ridiculously early in order to catch our flight home. We wished we could have stayed longer. Also, it's in a location that's removed from the downtown market area so you'd have to take a taxi in order to get around, rather than just walk there.

The staff was especially attentive and friendly. The manager went out of her way to ensure that I got the room that I requested (I love canopy beds!) Also, the Moroccan mint tea is INCREDIBLE.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Staff and facilities were wonderful! The highlight of our time in Marrakech. Then their is MYRA! What a joy to know her. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay, we will be back again!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The whole hotel and restaurant staff was very friendly and helpful . They made us feel like at home! Every evening we enjoyed the meals at the restaurant next to the ryad (share the same name "All Fassia").

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Wonderful staff... made our trip to Marrakech much better. Everybody is always ahead of what you need, treating the guests like royalty without being pushy or annoying. Couldnt be better treated. Great breakfast, great pool, best sunset ever, huge and comfortable rooms. We visited many other riads, hotels and resorts... wouldnt stay anywhere else. Great location, same block of a mall with movies, restaurants and a supermarket, close to the Medina yet out of its crowds. Has one of the best restaurants of the city... cant miss.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

There wasn't really anything, but if being picky the pool was too cold to swim in as in the winter it doesn't have chance to warm up properly.

The staff were amazing, they couldn't do enough to make the trip perfect.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Al Fassia Aguedal is a beautiful, charming hotel. The staff is splendid, the service terrific, and the gardens an oasis. I cannot recommend it more highly.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

One thing .. we were disappointed with the day-time snack menu. It was expensive for what you got and generally not up to the same high standard as the attached restaurant. The 2 pairs of slippers in our room .. We got 3 lefts and one right but I've two left feet so it worked out fine :)

Al Fassia had a really relaxed Moroccan vibe to it, with a very helpful and chatty manager and friendly staff up for some banter if you were too. The pool area is a little oasis to hang out in during the day and the attached restaurant served good quality Moroccan food at night. Location wise it's a 7-10 min taxi ride into the Medina or a 20min stroll and there's a big supermarket/pharmacy/atm 2 mins walk away. Myra, the resident manager organised a day trip to the mountains for us which we really enjoyed and filled us in on some local customs/tips to set us right. In return, we taught her some Irish dancing and Zumba and we all fell over laughing.. good craic!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

I have never had better service then this hotel. The manager went far out of her way to book thing for me and the staff took amazing care. I felt like i was in someone's home.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Stunning internal atrum, a wide variety of rooms to spread out into, all beautiful, great pool area, very relaxing, everything works as it should. The staff managed to cater for our every need and maintain a comfortable freindly atmosphere. Our room was huge, the bed was divine. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Superior Suite

hospitality of the staff, particularly that of the owner, room, bathroom, location, cleanliness, service We have been travelled all around the world but have never experienced such hospitality. The attitude of the staff was exceptional, particularly that of the owner. The room was spacious, very stylish (decorated in adorable Moroccan style) with very large and comfortable bathroom. The breakfast was excellent. The hotel is at very nice location. Excellent restaurant with the traditional Moroccan food is available at the same building. This was one of the best hotels that we have ever been. We strongly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Air conditioning in the rooms could be improved.

Wonderful place to escape the heat of Marrakech. Fantastic swimming pool, friendly and efficient staff, great restaurant.

Very pleasant hotel in the outskirts of the city. Friendly and professional staff.

Room was too hot when I checked in, took a while to get AC to cool it in order to sleep.

Good service staff

everything

A very warm, heartfelt greeting from the managers and staff. I also love the architecture.

Very friendly attentive staff, lovely owner, beautifully maintained hotel, clean and well designed. Amazing restaurant. Good location.

Prepacked cheese from Carrefour should not be served for breakfast if they have such a good restaurant. Simply get something from farm.

bathroom plumbing

Big and clean room, wonderful service, delicious breakfast ..Everything was confortable and lovely

The service, the welcome, the rooms and the breakfast, the breakfast was especially wonderful.

Excellent and very clean Riad. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Superior Suite

Amazing, beautiful and great affordable luxury at its finest

The pool wasn't heated

The food

Wonderful place: peaceful, close enough to the medina (taxi needed) but far enough to allow relax. Very nice pool and great staff.

• Superior Suite

Family type property, excelent staff, great resturant.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Bigger selection of restaurants

Decor staff &managent

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Hospitality was just unbelievable, so nice and professional and caring

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Efforts from Myra and her staff to make your stay extra pleasant.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

This was our first time in Marrakesh and Morocco and we decided to stay here based on the great reviews. Thankfully, all of the reviews are right....this is a top class, professional hotel and spa. It is well managed and every single member of staff helps you have a great holiday. The rooms are superb, the bed is very very comfy. Bathroom is spacious and the shower is better than ours at home! The cleaners make a great job of tidying the room every day and making sure everything is just right. The reception staff and waitress manage to be always available to help, but never obtrusive. They are so professional but also mange to balance that with friendliness and a sense of humour. Nothing seems too much for them to arrange or help with. The snacks, drinks and meals are top quality and the breakfast is just about the best holiday breakfast that I have ever had. Taking it by the pool was a wonderful start to our day. The location of the hotel was good for us. It is outside the main noise of town, but we walked down to town a couple of times, and it was 35 mins or so. A taxi to town costs approx £3.50 at most. There is also a decent shopping centre 4 mins walk away and it has cash machines and cafes and a big Carrefore supermarket. If you do stay here then I also recommend the restaurant that is managed by the same team of people. The food is 100% tasty, authentic, and honest. We ate in there 10 nights and sampled everything, so I think we are qualified to judge!? The staff in there are also charming, helpful and courteous. If you are undecided or torn between a few hotels, then let me say I believe you cannot get better than Al Fassia. It is also a great place to base yourself and then go out for the day into the hustle & bustle of Marrakesh (or further afield) and then return to the oasis of calm and tranquility of Al Fassia.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

The pool could be heated, was to cold to swim.

The rooms are spacious and very clean. Nice bathroom.The staff is very friendly and helpful. Internet facilities are good and the restaurant is one of the best in Marrakech.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Be aware that it is a little bit out of the main town/Medina, 5 - 10 min cab ride, but this makes for a pleasent escape from the hussle and bustle. As long as your taxi can find it.

Al Fassia is fantastic - the staff and facilities are excellent and it is a beautiful place to stay. Thoroughly recommend this accommodation to anyone!

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The staff was so friendly and helpful. they even negotiated the fare with the taxi-driver before sending us off. There was a fire burning in the evenings, when it got a bit colder. There were large fluffy towels waiting for us on the sunbeds by the pool. The garden and courtyards are beautiful. It is only a short (and inexpensive) taxi ride away from the medina, and because of the location there is a tranquil atmosphere. The hammam made us feel very relaxed. The adjacent restaurant serves delicious meals at a good price. The owner gave us good suggestions for things to see.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

the pool is a fabulous area of tranquility -a refuge from the busy city centre- however we would recommend that in colder months the pool might be heated .

Great breakfasts with lots of variety though it wasn't until the last day that we realised we could order eggs ! perhaps Myra could make this more transparent. The evening meals were lovely and we had several excellent tagines ,Again if one was paying for half board for the duration of their stay then the choice if menu would need to be more varied -more fish

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

The Staff were amazing, they couldn't do enough for you, you were made to feel like the only guests staying there, the food was fantastic & reasonably priced the location was perfect. Myra the owner was an amazing, funny & charming host.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Lunch and dinner isn't cheap, but that appears to be mirrored across Marrakesh so completely in context with its surroundings.

Beautiful hotel in a great location - approx 3km away from the Medina, which is perfect for those wishing to escape the noise and full-on craziness of the main square. Fantastically helpful and friendly staff who can't do enough to help you. Super clean, stunning decor, great pool and lovely breakfast. Hard to fault really. The Hammam and full body massage is a must and represents great value for money compared to UK prices. 10/10 😀

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

Absolute highlight of our two weeks in Morocco. Where to start? The staff, room, location, food, other facilities — everything here is amazing. Okay, so the staff. Led by an all-female triumvirate, they are all-round fabulous, friendly and efficient. We were travelling with a baby, which can be challenging, but everyone was extremely helpful (not to say in love with the baby, which was by the way reciprocal). Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a great bed, a beautiful bathroom and enough space for the baby to crawl around safely. When we arrived there were flesh flowers in our room along with a bowl of fruit and delicious Moroccan pastry. Convenient location just outside the hectic center of town. It's easy to ride into town (park for free in any street just past the Bab Agnaou gate and walk from there to the Saadian tombs, El Badi Palace, El Bahia, and into the endless souks). But it's just as nice to spend a day at the hotel, where there's plenty of quiet and nicely decorated reading rooms, an actual library (!), and a nice garden, swimming pool and hammam. And then the food! Sumptuous breakfast with bread, crepes, fresh fruit, yoghurt, and good coffee. Al Fassia is famous for its Moroccan cuisine (there are two restaurants in town and one adjacent to the hotel) and we've eaten there every night: great service, very friendly waitresses (again all-female staff here) and fantastic food which comes in generous portions. The roasted lamb shoulder could serve four but was so delicious we finished it anyway. The fish tajine and the tajine with lamb and aubergine are also great. This was the best hotel of our 2-week roundtrip in southern Morocco; in fact, it's easily the best out of all 40+ hotels I've booked through booking.com over the past few years. So glad we stayed here at the start and end of our trip. Couldn't recommend any higher.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

N/a

We woke up late, & my husband remarked, 'We're not the only guests here.' True. People were enjoying their breakfast poolside in the lovely garden--(with yogurt, fresh fruit, & cheese--NOT just bread.) But the service is so perfect, you feel like you're the only guests.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

A wonderful experience. Very nice people, good pool, phantastic huge Riad. We got a room with terrace, were we could trink our welcome-tea. Really comfortable. We had to leave early for the airport and got at 6.15 am a very good breakfast with eggs, coffee and a lot more. In the evening we had dinner at the same place. Also high quality. Try the various starters, a composition of about 10 different starters. All in all a place we highly can recommend. Note: Situated outside of the centre, but only 35 minutes walk to "the place" in Medina - on Friday and Sunday you can walk through the Kings Park.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

There are no negatives about this accommodation.

Staying here made my trip even better. The staff are beyond helpful and nice. The accomadation is so beautiful and incredibly clean. The location was perfect as it is a short taxi to town and ment we could relax away from hussle of town when we wanted to. It feels like you are staying in a traditional moroccan place and not like some of the more modern hotels I saw on my trip. The food (breakfast/lunch) is lovely and the resturant next door has wonderful moroccan dishes. I would totally recommend this accomadation and will do so to my own friends and will definitely go back there sometime.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The room was hot and it needed a more powerful ac!

The staff were supper friendly and the food was amazing. Will definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

Road noise can be loud so ask for a room away from road.

Super friendly staff - they looked after our car while we went on a three day tour, and left it right outside the hotel when we came back. Good pool, good restaurant, and an easy hotel to relax in after driving through and staying in the medina.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

If i had to be critical on anything, the pool was too cold for me and I couldn't access Wifi in my room ( but I knew this before i booked )

I stay in hotels on a regular basis for my job and I can honestly say this was one of the best hotels I have experienced from the traditional architecture, location, service and food within the restaurant. It was really sad to leave, three nights was not long enough !

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Not one negative aspect

Every single staff member seemed happy to be at Al Fassia. The rooms, grounds, & pool are beautifully designed and maintained. We'd happily return tomorrow and definitely would recommend to all friends and family!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

The breakfast got a bit repetitive but delicious never the less.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were neat, clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel was beautiful and modern with a traditional twist. Perfect location (easily accessible, close to city but far from the noise). The associated restaurant is also delicious

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

Airplane noise - hotel is on a flight path Noisy guests - not the fault of the hotel who were very apologetic

Staff are like "ninjas" - unobtrusive yet always seem to appear from nowhere when needed. Nothing is too much trouble. Cleanliness is outstanding. Management were incredibly accommodating - we checked in early on arrival, checked out late on departure and were given an upgraded ground floor room free of charge as I was on crutches.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Food and staff

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

Lovely hotel and really good restaurant , very accommodating staff

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Everything. The gardens, the room, the setting, the staff.. everything was great.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

The location out of town is a plus for those who want to relax and walk. The restaurant is very good.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

location, it's a bit far from the Medina, not really walking distance.

Staff were super lovely and helpful.restaurant was amazing

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Al Fassia Aguedal traveller photo gallery