Reviews of L' Amphitrite Palace Resort & Spa 5 stars

Skhirat Plage, Skhirat Plage, 12050 Skhirat, Morocco

#2 of 6 hotels in Skhirat

One of my best holidays are there! See you very soon!

Choose this one for the beauty of the hotel ! The view from my room was perfect firstival. Second, the personals are kind, they are respectful and very welcoming ! I loved the quality of every services! It's a good choice, and I'll be back!

pleasent
    • Double Room on Sea Side

The staff were very nice...room was clean but furniture was little old.... hotel needs some remolding but location was great away from the city and on the beach. Breakfast staff were great.

Best location in town, with breathtaking swimming pool in...

Best location in town, with breathtaking swimming pool in front of the sea. Several restaurants and cafes in the hotel (practical since not much outside). Hammam and sauna included in the room price, and many extra spa options for good prices.

Nice Stay

- Poor WiFi - Front desk staff are not very friendly. - I booked a king size room but there were an extra bed which made my room feels too busy with un needed furniture

- Great breakfast - Wonderful resort - Great location with beautiful beach

Wonderfully relaxing quick trip

The view from the hotel was immaculate. The beaches in front of the hotel property were super clean and wonderful. The staff was helpful and extremely prompt in their responses. The rooms were big and well laid out with a large balcony to enjoy the sunset on.

Very nice hotel.

Before the bath robe was much softer and very nice to wear. The new one I found in the room was very tidy and uncomfortable. I asked to have one "old style" and they gave it me.

Very nice hotel. Good position particularly for tourism.

Good and convenient accomodation, but not for vacation.

Breakfast was good, but since it is provided in the outside restaurant at the beach some of the food was available inside and some outside. And it was not very clear and obvious if you come 7 AM. Thus I ended up only with cold part of the meal.

Parking and convenience of proximity to the freeway. The location at the beach. Breakfast at the beach and feeling of safety.

Room didn't have hot water, I was given a different room...

Room didn't have hot water, I was given a different room and had to move while I was taking a shower, so inconvenient, then the new room had green fungus from humidity in the closets. Hotel in desperate need of good maintenance and renovation.

You will enjoy must of it

Room rate is a bit expensive. They have private seating area on the beach but the beach is not private. Guest service is not that good you have to call more than one time to get what u want

Location is very good. Rooms are clean. Safe to walk around. I got upgrade one of the rooms I booked.

The hotel was calm and we were able to enjoy ourselves.

As a booking Geniua member we were entitled to an early check in. We called in advance that morning and they confirmed. When we got to the hotel the same lady said she has no rooms. We were so disapointed and we did make a fuss especially that they confirmed it prior to us coming. After long discussions negotiations we got our room. The pillows were dirty when we got our room. There is no entertainment at night so it was quite boring if you dont have a car to drive to Rabat during the evenings.

The hotel was calm and we were able to enjoy ourselves. With a private beach it was nice to be able to have a swim in the beach and then come up to swim in the pool.

Deteriorated since last time I was here in 2009
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

The hotel did not respect booking.com rules and conditions; as soon as I booked, they charged the whole stay to my account instantly. During breakfast, my husband took cornflakes and while eating he cut his tongue with a piece of glass; we informed them and they haven't done anything about it. The room also smelled musty due to the air conditionner openings in the wall.

The hotel is a classic in the region and is well frequented. The staff were were polite all over the premises.

AWFUL - We cheked in at 3:00 PM and checked out at 11:00 pm on the same day

Everything else. Hotel is very outdated compared to what you experience in Marrakech. There was a fresh oil paint smell in the hall way. Rooms are boring with huge useless bathrooms. Attention to details is not in the culture of this hotel. Snack bar closes at 5:00 Pm. Good luck if you are hungry. I was advised to go to my room if I wanted to order anything. That was a joke.l Restaurant looked like a Ghost town Management use it as a meeting center. Good luck if you need to make some cash change for tips. You have to go out of the hotel to get some. Staff is not trained at all. It's a big mess. You get a different information everytime you ask someone for sometihing. Not synchronized. We cheked in at 3:00 PM and checked out at 11:00 pm on the same day. Even though we told them that we were not satisfied thus the reason for us leaving, they still charged us for the night.. Disgusting greed. Bottom line: this overpriced hotel (200$ a night) should be a 3 stars hotel at most. Morocco is known for pumping their hotels. Read reviews before booking anything. Also I would advise whoever is in charge to change their unqualified management.

The only thing I liked is the parking lot which is not much. Friendly door man and the guy that checked us in.

Pleasant Beach Hotel

The biggest problem was that this was during the period of Ramadan (Arab month of fasting) and the staff was somnolent due to lack of sleep and unable to eat anything during the day. The hotel was renovated in 2000 and showed signs of poor upkeep. Breakfasts were mediocre. The hotel is isolated and nowhere to go unless you have a car - several small shops but they were closed. The most enervating things was a nest of wasps on the balcony - adult & child stung 6 times - after repeated requests for some action to remove them - no follow-up until we left!!

We spent 7 days travelling around Morocco and chose this hotel specifically because it was on the beach and had 2 swimming pools (small one for our granddaughter 4 yrs old) - we needed to chill out for 2 days before boarding the plane. It fit the bill and, on the whole, we enjoyed it.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Vacation in paradise

Excellent wifi connection throughout property even on the beach. Staff are all polite, helpful and extremely professional. The buffet breakfast offers everything you could want and dinner overlooking the water at the hotel restaurant is magical. A very secure location with high end services and facilities in Morocco which is still good value for your money. This is truly a lovely place to vacation and relax for a few days.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Kawtar from reception made our stay unforgettable
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

Breakfast during the week-end was a disaster. Staff was lost, cutlery and napkins missing, the manager was so stressed and not helpful because of the work load. On top of that we had to share the table with two other guests as there was no space for us. But the manager and his staff tried to make up for the bad service later on, when there was less people at breakfast, they offered then a great service with a big smile on.

Kawtar at reception is a great host, very professional, extremely helpful and readily available to answer any questions. She also arranged (in collaboration with Mohamed from Mosaico Restaurant) a birthday cake for my husband, wich was just wonderful! We highly recommend the Mosaico restaurant, very special and tasty dishes, amazing staff, specially Mohamed. We were also extremely happy with the cleanliness of our room during the whole stay. The daily breakfasts were always delicious and the rooms were comfortable and spacious. The location of the hotel allows you to enjoy the beach and the swimming pool far away from the city stress and the busy shopping areas, just check the weather before you go as it is too cold or too windy sometimes.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Fantastic hotel with a lovely sea side location, great views and superb friendly staff.

There is pretty much nothing around this hotel other than holiday houses and a beach. It's fine if you want to have a 'resort' type stay and a beach on your doorstep, but you will need to drive to go to see anything else, even a basic cafe!

Great hotel, excellent staff. Right on a lovely sandy beach, which is private and kept clean. The sea drops away very slowly so it's safe enough for kids, although with it being more of a surfer location (not huge surfing waves, but not gentle either when we were there) I wouldn't let young children go and play alone in the sea. The pool is right by the beach and is great for kids with one smaller paddling pool for the youngsters, a Jacuzzi type bubble pool, and a larger infinity pool for everyone, which looks out onto the sea. Food was fantastic, albeit it expensive for Morocco, but that it not unusual for a hotel of this quality and to be expected really. Room service is the same price as the bar/restaurant. The included breakfast is very comprehensive and it's a nice touch to be able to eat it out by the pool if you want. Room was superb, large and with a lovely comfy bed and immaculately clean. Both a bath and shower are in the bathroom area, and a separate walk-in wardrobe. We have the basic room on the city side, but it was more than adequate and not an unpleasant view, although or course a sea view would always be welcome! We also had a balcony, which seems to be a standard feature of all rooms I think.

Great location, great view, beautiful beach and pool

The breakfast ends at 10.30am. The staff started taking things away at 10.15, and also started harassing customers to leave by 10.30 under the execute that they need to prepare the room for lunch. That wasn't nice at all.

The location, the beach, the pool and the room.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Excellent location the property is clean the staff are so...

Excellent location the property is clean the staff are so friendly hotel is a very very modern and beautiful Thanks 🙏🏾 Khadija & young Fatima & kaoutar. And all staff.

Beautiful Beach Hotel
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

Not much entertainment available. Not too many English chanels on TV. Tourist site seeing are all far away.

Hotel very clean. Staff always willing to help. Beach is awesome. Food was good.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Stayed her for a month

Hard to complain with all the positives, but my temperature adjustment did not work in my shower in room 429. I never complained about it because the temperature was usually fine where it was, and I'm sure they would have fixed it immediately if I did complain. Another associate stayed with me during part of the trip and stayed in the room next to me in 427 that had an odor (like sewage) problem they need to fix. He got used to it but i would have switched rooms. 2 other people that stayed with us had no problemss like that either, so I think it was just isolated to room 427. My room was just fine. Had to print out some documents. Tried using a computer in one of the business centers and it was not working well at all. Very slow. The computer in the other business center worked fine but the printer was out of toner and I could not print. I ended up sending my docs by email to the front desk and they printed it - no problem. I was just frustrated that I wasted 45 minutes trying to print out a couple docs on computers/printers that should have been maintained and should have only taken me 5 min. Again, these are things they would have no doubt been addressed if we complained. Awesome place to stay and don't let these fixable issues change your mind about staying here. Just being open about my 1 month stay.

I'm from the US. I stayed here on travel for what was supposed to be a 4 day business trip that turned into almost 4 weeks, so I got to know the hotel and some of the staff well. Food selection was always good. Breakfasts have a very wide selection of food to choose from and never seemed to get tired of it. Sunday lunch buffets were awesome and well done. Room service very affordable, hot good and quick. Food at the restaraunts was always excellent. Didn't have a single bad meal. But I didn't understand why or how they were always empty for dinner. The bed was very comfortable and to room was clean. The walls were incredibly thick and quite soundproof if you are a light sleeper. The beach was amazing. You can walk for miles and I highly recommend it. Once you get around the corner where the fishermen come in every morning with their nightly catch, the views of the tidal pools are incredible, especially at sunset. The common language seemed to be French or Arabic though I got by with English just fine and very limited French. Azeeze (I know I'm spelling his name wrong), the bartender at Dukes has a lot of great stories, is a truly genuine person, and pointed me in the right directions and things to see on my weekends and told me a lot about Moroccan culture. Wonderful man. Get a chance to know him over a couple drinks if you want to understand Moroccan culture.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

The most wonderful hotel in Maroco
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

Nothing to said bad, very well managing .

I would recommande L'Amphitrite to every body , the hotel ,the staff, the food all exellent , thank you . I had the most wonderful time ...

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

If our above issues were rectified,we would recommend it!
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

Very poor service at breakfast. Very slow reactions for requests for example,coffee and English tea. Clean cutlery not available,once first course finished! For a 5 star hotel,the toaster was rubbish,seen better in a youth hostel!!

The bedroom was fabulous. The pool was excellent too!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The beach is very clean and beautiful, despite being a...
    • Double Room on Sea Side

the proximity of the restaurant tables to the pool is not nice. the pool can get too crowded after 2pm and basically no seat can be found.

The beach is very clean and beautiful, despite being a public beach (not private to the hotel but connected to the hotel).

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

geart location but bad guest service.
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

poor housekeeping service as they do not change the bath towels daily and they put back the same used towels to be used again. slow feedback and ignorance from the front desk staff. you should tip the staff to receive a good service otherwise they tend to ignore you next time asking for service.

the location was great with access to the beach also easy access to the highway if you want to travel to the nearest towns.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Double-check your bill!
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

2 1/2 hours checking in. No rooms until after 5:30pm so no access to our clothing to change for the pool. Then tried to charge us almost twice the price announced on our booking.com reservation. First day spoiled and we were leaving the next day at noon. They made sure to slip a note under the door that said we would be charged 50% if we checked out any later.

Big rooms, pool, beach service, spa . Fitness room is nice, but only open during daytime pool/beach hours. This is quite impractical during the summer months and I don't know why you can't have 24-hr. access with a room key.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Good location but worst staff and service
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

The worst internet, the connection kept turning on and off, and was very slow Fridge wasn't working, A mechanic came to replace it and so I put my family's insulin in the new fridge. Next day when I opened the fridge I noticed the replaced fridge was not working and so the insulin got spoiled. We complained about this to the staff but they did nothing about this. Safety box wasn't working. The phone wasn't working in my sister's other room. When we called for a mechanic it took 1 hour for one to come. customer requests are not taken seriously The hair dryer was not working high prices We ordered a club sandwich two times and each one was very different, one time it was very small with a different bread and the other it was a much bigger portion. We also found a live cockroach in the bathroom. Where's the sanitary conditions? (I attached a photo in case nobody believes me) We tried ordering pizza at 8, but they said that the food ends at 8? How is that possible? Apparently they were out of supplies another time.t The first time we entered the hotel with our luggage, THREE staff members came to carry our luggage, of which 2 of them went with us to the room. 2 staff members were not needed, one was enough. two came just for the sake of getting tipped, which is disappointing. This should be known about morocco in general, people will do anything to get a tip. I already knew about this but did not expect it to reach a hotel's staff as well. Everyone is so desperate for a tip. Very unprofessional service, checking-in and checking-out took ages, an hour or so. At the check-out we got billed for food which was never ordered, mistakes as usual. all-in-all the hotel is nice in terms of the location and view only, but as for the staff and service, they are the worst I have ever seen.

Only the location and view was good

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Bad experience for the price you pay
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

the reservation was a wedding gift so i asked them if they could prepare the room for the newly wed couple and i got a yes from the hotel. After checking in at the wee hours of the day, they found that the room had a two twin beds instead of a king size or even a double, also the room was plain simple with no preparation or nothing. In general, I was dissapointed with the way they handled their guests.

the location of the hotel was nice.

Nice beach hotel close to Rabat

High prices of food and drinks

Location, right at the beach

Great peaceful place blessed with a very professional General Manager .

Mona & Meriam from front desk were great ... also Abdulella from Dukes .

Rabat Trip

Everthing

Very nice hotel, clean, nice place, wonderful restaurant...

Very nice hotel, clean, nice place, wonderful restaurant with ocean view

Fine swimmingpool, great breakfast, Nice beach,

It felt a little without a soul, to big.

Fine swimmingpool, great breakfast, Nice beach,

All

All

The weather.

a perfect place to stay

far outside

very friendly staff, close to the beach, good atmosphere

All services at disposal, great breakfast woth view on the...

Bathrobe too small. Before it was better.

All services at disposal, great breakfast woth view on the ocean, good staff

WiFi

WiFi Price

Its in the middle of no where, nothing is nearby, fortune in...

Its in the middle of no where, nothing is nearby, fortune in taxis

great location

food quality & options

hotel was good, breakfast was very basic & location is great

Short and sweet
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

The staff are very helpful and caring

Location with superb beach

Improved efficiency in check in and resolution for problems

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

My great little home
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

Internet connection was very poor

Every thing was perfect except internet connection

Relaxing

best kept secret in the Casa-Rabat area.

best kept secret in the Casa-Rabat area. We had fun, staff friendly and welcoming. Planning recurring visits throughout the summer season

5.5
    fair with good location
    • Double Room with Iftar and Sohour Meals

meals, restauration, price is too expensive for the service

location, beach, comfort of the room

Nice stay but unpleasant check in waiting time
    • Double Room on Sea Side

The check in took for ever We had to wait 1 hour and half to get our rooms!!!

The beach is close by

Fantastic venue

Price of taxi too exspencive

Everything and view

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Great location and appealing design.

The location and the design is excellent.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Very good coffee

Very good coffee Good italian restaurant

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Nice but need maintenance

The bathroom had a problem in the lavatory (water was not flowing) and nobody fixed the problem

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Fabulous

Big bed was a bit hard.

Very easy to find on our way to Tangier from Rabat. Friend and effective service. Big room very quiet. Which we liked.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Excellent family holiday by the ocean

Small things which do not matter :)

Bed extra comfy, super location, calm and secure, stuff had smiling faces :)

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Staff no experience

Staff no experience Breakfast Buffy very limited

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Nice breakfast looking at the sea

Poor internet

Nice breakfast looking at the sea

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Very spacious rooms, beautiful pool

smell in bedroom/bathroom

very spacious rooms, location, pool, restaurant at the pool

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

It was great

It was ok overall

Location and the beach

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The stuff were very nice and very welcoming.
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

There s a lot of humidity

The stuff were very nice and very welcoming. Room service was very good

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Excellent Hotel

WiFi

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

“Excellent experience ”

Wifi

“Excellent experience ” Service was with high reputation , clean apartments , location is excellent , good for families , safe location

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The view is beautiful, the rooms are beautiful are spacious
    • Executive Double Room Garden Side

The service was poor, the food at the Rock restaurant was Aweful and expensive

The view is beautiful, the rooms are beautiful are spacious

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

The service in general was very slow (check in and check out...

The service in general was very slow (check in and check out too very long time, we asked for a baby crib at check in time around 18hrs but we only received it after mid night and after 5 times calling The person who was at the concierge on the night of 24th of May is really a 5 stars he went the extra miles to help us finding a pharmacy as our baby was sick

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

i appreciated the staff service in the front desk and in the...

the housekeeping staff service, they do not change the used towels and bed sheets during the stay and not having a consistency in the room cleaning for example in only my last day they provided me with bath mats and no bath robes at all. also slow room service.

i appreciated the staff service in the front desk and in the dinning restaurant. very friendly and customer service oriented.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

Only the location

We went there out of town to relax but the room next door were playing music loud all night we complained nothing was done. I blame the reception for putting us next door to those clients even though hotel was most empty breakfast was crap for the price we paid am very disapointed

Only the location

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also there is a very nice pool and easy acces to the beach. Our kids took surfing lessons and they adored it!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

We had a great stay and are looking to come back again, as...

We had a great stay and are looking to come back again, as soon as we can. When we were there the swimming pool was closed, but it was too cold to go in but it was nice to see that the property is being looked after.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

The room type we reserved were in rénovation and we wanted a sea view or our money back and leave but they said it was non refundable. Grumpy reception that never answered our requests or calls

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

The view from our room was amazing

It took the reception a long time to prepare our bill upon check out

The view from our room was amazing

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

The ocean view

The less than quality furnishings and poor lighting in restaurants. The food lacks variety

The ocean view

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

Free upgrade which was nice, location

Italian restaurant, food was average for a 5 star hotel, breakfast very bad even worst than budget hôtels.

Free upgrade which was nice, location

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Pool, beachfront location.

Check-in and check-out took longer than needed.

Pool, beachfront location.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

The birds by the pool

The birds by the pool

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse L' Amphitrite Palace Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery