Reviews of Atlas Essaouira & Spa 5 stars

Boulevard Mohamed V, 44000 Essaouira, Morocco

#56 of 88 hotels in Essaouira

is there a manager?
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

is there a manager? that's the question I'm asking myself. We've been ordering some quick snacks by the swimming pool. 6 club sandwich. After 30 minutes arrived the 2 first ones, 2 lame sandwiches without care or love or sauce. The guy who made them has not only no respect for the guest but has also no respect for himself. The 2 next ones arrived 30 minutes later.. a joke! after 20 more minutes we decided this was enough and wanted to cancel the two last ones.. short moment of panic and they finally arrived. As we ask to speak to the chef to express our gratitude, we were told that he was to busy.. when we asked later, he was gone. The waitress was very nice and aware of the situation. She offered to offer a round of drinks before she was called by a collegue of hers. When she came back we asked about our drinks and she sadly said that she would have to charge for it. It seems that the best working department is the accounting, because if you have to wait for your sandwiches, the bill takes no time to come to you. Cherry on the cake. Not only the reception desk asked to pay upfront, but the lady came to me as I was outside waiting near the car for my friends still inside the hotel. She came to me with the 3 open bills clearly suspecting the to try to leave without paying. Telling me that they were not in their room anymore and so on. it was 11:30. Check out time was 12:00. I argued that I wouldn't be waiting for them if they had left. Indeed 15minutes later they were at the desk paying as she was trying to make them pay for empty drinks brought from outside! A thing or two to learn about hospitality! Beeing treated like a liar and a thief in an upper class hotel! And still no manager around. Seems that happiness of the guest is not important. To complete that review I would advice to avoid breakfast even if it is included in the price. I'll add a few positive point. Rooms are nice, bed confortable and clean.

Nah. Not worth the high price.

Wifi did not work properly anywhere outside lobby. Toilets working on and off. The hotel is quite old and worn. The hotel is also a deathtrap. Emergency exits padlocked from the inside.

Good location. Close to surfing school. Good parking close to the hotel.

Clean comfortable and of course location location location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

First room they offered us was tiny and the bath had no enamel on half of it. I'd booked room only by mistake and breakfast is 15 euros p.p. I asked them to give me the on line rate and only after saying I would cancel my bank card walk out and go next door for £250 less.they upgraded our room and agreed to the B and B price. By the Way if you have breakfast from room service and choose a bit of everything from the buffet it comes to about £8. Some small niggles, the shower wouldnt come on and after the handyman came it came on as well as the bath taps. Light switch to bathroom cracked and made alarming crackling noises and sparks.but I've stayed here before and will do again. TV I important to us as my partner has health problems but no English language tv except CNN.

Massive pool, good breakfasts, ,right on the beach, about 600km to the town and harbour. Great beds.

Highly recommend this perfect location hotel

Perfect location, room was big with comfy bed and cleaned daily with fresh towels to offer. Breakfast buffet was of high standard. Pool area was clean and plenty of sunloungers with complimenty towels, hotel also had private beach area. Would highly recommend it. Staff very nice and informative.

Beautiful hotel, spacious and clean room, nice pool area.

Wifi did not work properly in the room

Beautiful hotel, spacious and clean room, nice pool area. We were upgraded to a sea view room upon arrival, which was very nice!

Horrible

The receptionist tried to double charge and cheat me. This is the worst you can pass by, when, at the check-in someone tries to make you fool asking you to pay again what you habe already pais. He had the receipt of my credit card charge on tis hand and still asks me the money. After a long discussion, the stay were right there an horrible experience because they broken the trust we had in everything. This is no 5 star hotel, poor staff, the tub was broken, they seem to make you favor when serving you. Horrible!

Nothing, after they tried to cheat me

structure is a 3 star and definitely not a 5 star hotel !
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

almost all … room small - water hot/cold and impossible to complete a shower - staff at reception unpleasent - food poor and quality very low.

room much smaller than advertised - not even towels in the bathroom - unpleasent staff at reception - thieves they try to cheat you on currency and Exchange rate - they apply 2 Exchange rates in their favour - breakfast really poor and quality low - coffee is undrinkable - staff uses hands to handle the food and even for omelettes they get pieces fell from the cups and salty food is really stiff - not even able to provide a bottle of water - they added cost i should not have paid menacing to not let me out of hotel if i did not pay - summarizin 3 nights at Atlas a bit of nightmare …. thieves overall ...

Would come back again with no hesitation

Staff was amazing, they opened the restaurant earlier for us because we had to go to the airport. Comfy room, delicious food, and the freebies were actually good.

A very relaxing holiday in a very comfortable hotel in a very friendly town.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Essaoira can be very windy, especially at this part of the beach, perfect if you’re a surfer but you’re better off closer to the town beach if you want to swim in the sea or balm on the beach. Music in the bar was way to loud, amplification really not needed here. All seating here in beautiful leather which was a problem for vegetarian partner, other seating available outside.

Wonderful breakfast buffet. Very comfortable and spacious room. Staff superb. Short walk to the old town. Excellent spa experience.

The service at the hotel was marvelous as the employees and...

The service at the hotel was marvelous as the employees and the rooms are very clean. I command this hotel to everyone who is going to visit essaouira you will not regret it at all. Our specials thanks to all the very nice employees

very disappointing for the price paid

Room very poor. Pool had no umbrella which are in the photos advertising the hotel.

Very little. Room was very old. Shower fell off the wall everytime you used it.

Decent stay

It was all fine. Not like to blow your socks off but it was clean, large, good location.

The room was spacious and the pool excellent (if a little chilly)

overall we had a relaxing stay

very windy, good for surfers etc. but not nice for sun lovers. bathroom needs a upgrade and shower water pressure is low

friendly staff and early check in and check out at no extra cost. we also received an upgrade to a room with seaview for free

Wifi did not work so I had to move rooms, then aircon didn’t work. No one would fix it when I asked several times. Eventually I was told I could move rooms AGAIN to have it fixed. Very inconvenient and not apologetic at all Would expect much better

It was ok

Highly Recommend
    • Deluxe Double Room

Can't think of any negatives to the hotel at all. Will be back again in 6 months.

Very nice hotel. Staff are friendly, pool area is peaceful. Piano Bar is a good place to end the evening after walking back from the Medina. We actually booked another 4 night stay for December whilst we sat in the bar!

Just okay

Pretty expensive food, even though it wasn’t that good

Room was okay, receptionists were good and friendly, bar service was good and guys there were very helpful

The hotel is a beautiful and spacious property.

The hotel is a beautiful and spacious property. After a week d staying in riads, this hotel was a welcome change! The rooms are brightly lit wth large windows, the grounds are expansive. We especially liked the large pool and the outdoor seating area. My husband and I are on our honeymoon and the staff kindly upgraded our room to a beautiful ocean view. We didn’t eat at the restaurant or visit the spa, by both looked beautiful. We really liked the location of the hotel with it being directly across from the beach and a prettt 15 min walk to the Medina. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were great. No complaints at all and highly recommend this hotel for a place to stay during a visit to Essaouira!

Fabulous Hotel

Absolutely nothing. Very hard to think of anything to dislike. As a Brit I would have liked a kettle in the room but that’s anEnglish thing!!!!

Beautifully laid out, friendly and helpful staff, very clean. Right on the beach front and 5 mins walk from Médina, really good location. Breakfasts were delicious and as much as you could eat. Great pool with towels and sun loungers provided

The location & seaviews

The staff were not helpful. The door card did not work the second day. We were very far from the from the front desk. We had two rooms, four cards. He said, I must have kept the card near my cell phone. I hadn’t. None of the 4 cards worked the second day, including the one I left in the room.

The location & seaviews

It is a very luxury and modern hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The breakfast is good, but can be better. The room is very modern, but not as fancy as shown in the picture in booking.com. As we asked for recommendation for the restaurants, we can feel that the guy at the reception wants to earn reference fee by asking for reserving the table for us. I don't like this trick. Finally we have to ask many times to get the name of the restaurant and go by ourselves.

It is a very luxury and modern hotel. We are very impressed, as we drove through many other hotels around. The room is very clean. From the room, we can see the sunset.

Tired Hotel. Not five star.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Tired hotel. Not five star. Toilets not very clean. Restaurant food average. The don't offer you even a bottle of water, or a coeffee machine in the room.

Some of the staff at the reception and the restaurants were nice and helpful.

A high quality establishment with a friendly and customer focused host.

A guest house of high quality: with luxury bedroom fixtures and fittings. The host, Derek, is significantly friendly, engaging and professional, with a genuine interest in customer welfare. The breakfasts were excellent and the cleaner, Jane, is equally friendly and customer focused.

Ok. We were disappointed with the restaurant which had a negative impact on our stay.

We were really disappointed by the restaurant! It was incredibly over priced and falsely advertised as well. After the first night we opted to go down to the restaurants along the beach front for much nicer food at a more reasonable price. If you stay here, the only good meal was breakfast.

Rooms were very clean and serviced each day. The Spa was nice and the pool was great to relax by. The piano bar was also lovely to have a glass of wine and watch the sunset.

This is only an average hotel and is overpriced.

The service was not very efficient. Our room was not cleaned for 3 days despite leaving the notice on the door. Our towels were taken and not replaced. They key card would continually not work, the staff need some extra training and the cleaners came into our room at 8 am without knocking. The bar staff barely acknowledged our custom and were extremely slow with orders.

The beds were super comfy. The pool was a nice place to relax during the day.

Nice area by the seaside, out of the hustle and bustle of...

Sink had a leak (standing water in bathroom and the connecting entry) but they sent someone to fix eventually (2 requests).

Nice area by the seaside, out of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Be clear with staff, paid in advance to avoid surprise
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The staff at the spa is very unprofessional. They confused two kind of massages requested that we wanted and they recognize it, they apologized it and after they put in the bill the amount of a massage that they recognized 20 minutes before they didn’t make. They started to tell that didn’t remember and they lived us naked for minutes while they discussed between each other to not keep the responsibility of what happened. I had to go to reception almost naked to call them after 15 minutes waiting. We asked for INVOICE of total amount paid in the hotel and they didn’t give us anything. We sent an email and didn’t reply. So, Hotel is nice, but the culture of working if this people is not professional.

The position of the hotel just in front of the sea at 10 minutes walk from the village is perfect. The pool, the location in general is nice and comfortable

I would stay in a riad next time.

The room service breakfast was very poor. Wrong food delivered, a correction attempted but actually the main elements of the meal simply were not available. The replacement meal was presumably the original correct meal as it was stone cold.

This hotel has all the facilities that you would expect of an international style hotel in this price range.

It is very close to the beach and quite close to medina.

Photos do not match the reality. The hotel is quite old already and to my opinion does not complince with 5 stars rank.

It is very close to the beach and quite close to medina.

Avoid spa treatments and you’re ok

Worst spa experience of my life. I’m still suffering from my épilation (waxing) décision that ruined my holiday as the staff doing wax is not trained properly. I had to spend triple the amount the waxing cost on antiseptic and have to see a doctor tomorrow now that I’m back in Sweden. The impression I got about many things at this hotel was that it was a 4 star hotel with not the best trained staff or maintenance. I also got a mediocre pedicure which didn’t fully feel clean. Basically it felt like only one person was properly trained to do spa work and the rest were just doing what was needed... and now I have perhaps life long bruises. Think they are focusing on getting it ready for summer. I’m still in trauma from my wax experience so I never want to go back to this hotel. Rooms are nice but WiFi is truly not the best here and most parts of this city. My tips are: do not do any spa treatments here other than a hamman perhaps if good masseuse as they have a great setup. Also be sure to get a room with good WiFi connection.

Wonderful location and the bell men are kind and helpful, one of the night staff is great and the other one was practically unprofessional in checking me in. Basically not worth the savings to go here as you will somehow ruin your holiday as I did. The location is great and the place is ideal for people who want to be in a hotel by the beach. It’s a massive spot so it’s easy to find space to sit alone after a day outdoors. Rooms are spacious...

Extremely dissapointing

Room was very poor? Shower could not be used. Phone in toilet hanging off the wall .No drawers. Air did not work. Reception not friendly. Decide to move hotels after 1 night and have paid for this.

Breakfast was reasonable

Adequate

WiFi was inaccessible during stay, told it was being fixed, it wasn’t. Shower head was broken but fixed. Floor was all tile and extremely slippery when wet.

Comfortable bed, location was nice along the beach, hotel staff were accommodating

Great hotel, Great Location!

If I was to be critical some areas are looking a bit tired. It wouldn't stop me staying though.

This was our 4th stay at this hotel. Beautiful large hotel in a great location on the sea front. We had our room upgraded on arrival as per last year, although it wasn't a sea view this time. Rooms are spacious with enormous beds! Overall very good value for money and look forward to our next visit!

Hugely relaxing.

Not really a negative - it would have been very easy to stay within the immediate area of the hotel & miss out on all the fun of the medina!

The view from the room was spectacular. The room itself was spacious & well furnished. Reception service was fine just not as friendly & enthusiastic as we found most other people in Morocco. The breakfast was excellent & well worth the additional charge - there was so much choice & the waiting staff were very attentive & willing to provide anything not already on offer if at all possible. The restaurant on the promenade was a firm favourite with an excellent, if limited, menu.

A disaster

The bath as some mécanismes problem even the quality man couldn't help us because the system was not good, the TV is not working like she should and she's not a smart they need to change the channels, there's no water to drink in the hotel only expensive one with a price of 5 big bottles from outside, the does not change the all room pillows I don't know when, but they are smelly. Atlas hôtel is a disaster for a new couple. Forget the honey moon there.

The breakfast with his team.

The people there amazing.

WiFi.. had problems but I think it was just this day.. and money is always a guessing game.. it is never what you shout pay.. it is always a bit more !! But this is Morocco not the hotel

The people there amazing... they speak all the languages.. I don’t know how they can do that but 4 or 5 languages is normal for them... super friendly

Bed was very comfy, room spacious and good decor.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The bathroom was very tired looking and tatty with plaster type sealant round the bath that was flaking off! So the shower worked fine but it was impossible to avoid getting water ALL OVER THE SINK AND THE FLOOR! VERY DANGEROUS AND SLIPPERY ON THE SMOOTH FLOOR TILES! Had to use the spare bathrobe to mop it up as best we could. Not happy with the coffee served often not hot enough and as British visitors we like a large MUG of hot but not tooo strong coffee with a tiny jug of hot milk to put in in if we choose. Americans tend to like their coffee this way so perhaps you could add this onto your menu of coffees?? Oh and the chairs in the bar are not comfortable especially for a y’all person like my husband same goes for the sofa in our room not easy for a tall older person to get on and off of! The only comfy chairs in the whole hotel were in the dining room and the armchairs in reception. Lovely hotel all told tho but just felt it might help for future guests to give some constructive feedback.

Bed was very comfy, room spacious and good decor. Staff were brilliant and friendly and helpful. Great location too.

A Hotel which offers good value for money.

The Hotel would benefit from a few enhancements especially as it has been awarded a 5 star rating. The room should have Tea and coffee available. Residents should be able to get a taxi via reception. The pillows weren't very comfortable but this could be a personal preference.

The room was very comfortable. The staff were excellent, very pleasant and helpful

The facilities are very nice, the hotel definitely looks the...

The facilities are very nice, the hotel definitely looks the part and we really enjoyed the location very close to the beach. The service however lacked a bit from what you would expect from a 5 star hotel and a lot of information were missing or inaccurate, like the prices on minibar and room service fees and the bar/restaurant's opening hours, which did not match the info given.

Very well located hotel with beautiful rooms and excellent breakfast

Long wait to check in - waited for a half an hour until one receptionist checked in other people. Bathroom needs refurbishing.

Really nice hotel located in front of the beach. Spacious room - we booked standard and were given an upgrade for free. Great breakfast.

Very nice property

Rooms cold....(this is the only reason I down-graded comfort...oterhwise very comfortable property) we talked to reception several times but were not able to get that resolved. Breakfast 30 Euros...overpriced. Lady in the gift shop, not very friendly. I would have expected a better price during the off season...but it was okay

Great location. Staff nice with big shout out to the Bell and Door staff...they were great. Beds extremely comfortable. The staff kindly gave us an upgrade to ocean view....great view. I think this is one of the best properties in Essaouria...easy walking distance to the Medina.

Room is good and funcional.

Bad Internet. Staff rude and not Well trained... Far from a 5 star...

Room is good and funcional. Confy. Breakfast ok. Nothing Special at all. But a relative good cost-benef

Good base to venture out but energy of hotel and reception staff were definitely a downer.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The reception staff were surly. Particularly (Shama - sp?) the girl who wore the Chanel badge on her jumper. They made mistakes with my friend's booking although eventually gave us both an upgrade. I would ask for taxis to be booked and them found out they weren't. Worse still staff lied. The staff in the spa were lovely though and the guys who were there to help with luggage/concierge were also really helpful. The décor is faded and parts of the hotel dirty. It's a pretty corporate experience - soulless lacking the real heart of Morocco.

Great location with a brilliant view across the sea and being able to see beautiful sunsets

Not worthy of a 5*
    • Deluxe Double Room

The closest lift to room 340 was out of action for two days. There were dirty hand marks on the hallway walls and the room walls. The WiFi service was intermittent in the room. The carpets in the hallways were stained and old. The breakfast selection was limited. The reception staff were too busy multi-tasking ineffectively which impeded the progress they made when dealing with many customers because they were unable to focus properly. The receptionist of the spa didn't speak French or English. The card displaying the TV channels showed BBC World but the only English language broadcaster found was CNN.

The size of room 340 and the size of the bed.

fancy hotel, characterless staff, unfriendly, who were only really interested in hotels betterment

put the wifi code in the room and the number to reception in the room. When you check in and are told this info your not really taking it in as exhausted, walking, travelling whatever, i found it hilarious they expected me to remember the wifi code and the number for reception and not have it written anywhere in the room, its a 5star hotel. Also the only thing that came with the room was the use of the unheated pool (freezing cold) if theres a spa it wouldve been nice to have access to that for the cost of the room, must seen 3 other customers staying at the hotel, so it wouldn't of put them out too much, it was xmas and the staff were very formal and not hugely friendly considering how quiet they were. There was a point where i asked if my friend would be able to stay with me if there was an additional charge, which took about 15 minutes to find out then the cost came of an additional €35, i wasnt surprised, but the whole time i got the impression to make as much money out of me as possible, like when i asked if there was a convenience store near, the response was- we have an in hotel store and room service- which i thought not just cheeky but like oh right your saying stay in the hotel and spend your money here- cheers- go tourism!- in the end i had to google local amenities to get some bottled water at non hotel prices

for a 5 star hotel it was nice. not a lot of character, i was there over xmas and it was a bit empty and i felt the staff were not massively friendly even at xmas, i felt that i wasnt the average type of atlas customer a bit too.

Perfect hotel for a wonderful beach vacation.

The hotel is further from the center then I expected, but it was a nice walk along the beach! I would have expected a better coffee at this type of hotel. It was not freshly brewed and instead came from an automated machine!

While we didn't take advantage of the spa, the hotel was perfect for our vacation needs! The pool was too cold to swim this time of year but perfect to sit by and read my book in the sunshine. The breakfast buffet included an omelette station that was a nice change to typical Moroccan breakfast.

The bathroom has a cracking wall, behind the bath tap, possibly due to a water leak.

The whole building is very pleasant and spacious. We also got an upgrade.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Good, as expect, except the reception

The girl, name Chaimae at the desk was very impotile and wanted 3 times to screw me. 1st with the room price, (40% higher)2nd with the exchange (gave me 100 MAD less) 3rd, she “forgot” to give the invoice. We had to pay for the room in advance, first time on our 2 weeks roundtrip, on the 14th day! Evening we had our dinner here, etc. -we spent more. In a 5* hotel! Booked on the booking.com. She spoke on a high horse, very rudly. Except she, evrybody was very nice, kind, friendly in the hotel and all, during the trip, but at the end she ruined all of our good impressions and feelings. Anyway, the music was loud and the a la carte restaurant is outside and the was a bit cold. Take a warm jacket with, for the way in December.

Big, nice, comfortable rooms, wizth sea view. The food and the staff ery good in the outside restaurant.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The bed is very comfortable and a variety of food selection...

Service is bad, it takes about 3 calls and only after 2 hours that they come. We ordered Fish for room service but they served beef, they decided on their own without informing us. For those who value wifi, only 1 person can use it in the room otherwise the signal becomes very weak.

The bed is very comfortable and a variety of food selection for breakfast.

Nice hotel. Made better by the staff helpfulness and location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor internet in rooms ( needed to work!), water not very hot in the evening. Pool area furnishing a bit lacking.(Sea view rooms were a lot brighter than the others )

Great staff, location, breakfast and comfortable rooms.

Nice hotel large and clean

The pool bar was looking like abandoned The pool towels were smelling bad

Impressive huge Lobby , nice bar, there is a beach bar and the hotel has a part of the beach

Surprisingly guality place to stay

Did not stay there long enough. I will definitely be back there with more of my family and friends.

The staff are very welcoming and very professional . The hotel is comfortable and very clean. Food was very good quality especially Breakfast. The food choice is extensive and top Class.

Good beachside hotel

Some of the staff were a bit cold. We booked a massage and they got the time and type wrong, but luckily this was resolved.

Right across the beach, only 15 min walk into Essaouria town. Nice seaweed toiletries!

Resanoble price-quality hotel

Old fashioned hotel. Needs complete refurbishment of common spaces and rooms: old cracked tiles, damaged spot lights, veranda door not closing, no safe box. Had to call reception to repair the veranda door and the shower. Definitively not a 5* hotel, but more like 3* to European standards.

The swimming pool. The restaurant by the beach was pretty good. Reasonable price

Yaseen!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Evening meals eye wateringly expensive for morocco, and food was underwhelming at best.

Yaseen!! A real asset for this hotel and lovely and professional chap! Breakfast was lovely.

The view from the sea view room was amazing- especially the...

The view from the sea view room was amazing- especially the sun sets Good location to the beach and a short walk down the sea front to the main centre.

Great accommodation!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Wifi was not very well in the room.

Beautiful hotel in front of the beach. It is around 20 minutes walk along the coast to the medina. The staff was friendly and professional. The breakfast was great. They also have their private beach and you can keep your stuff without worrying. I would really recommend this hotel to everyone who would like to stay in Essaouira.

Excellent hotel! Highly recommended

Wifi was weak in our room.

I had two reservations for this property. First reservation was for the Deluxe Double Room with Sea View. When I decided to extend my stay at this property, I made the second reservation for the Standard double room, which was much cheaper option. BUT, I got upgraded to a luxury room for free! Thank you again. The room itself had spectacular sea view. The property is a just few meters away from the beach. It is very nice and clean hotel, with great amenities. Breakfast is also very good. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who would like to stay right on the beach and have great place to relax. It is also very easy to find it.

No complaints

The gym needs an upgrade with many of the machines not working. Please add muesli for breakfast. I

Staff very friendly and overall level of comfort in bedrooms high.

Faded shine of 5-star.

All the Riads and Boutique Hotels we stayed during our round trip in Morocco beat this 5* Hotel. Maybe it was real 5* approx 10-years ago, but now, max. 3*. Serious complete refurbishment would be needed to keep up the standard.

Spacious room, OK breakfast, right at the beach.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Pool area and lack of green. The road which you have to cross to access the beach is very noisy if you book a beach facing room.

The restaurant at the beach was above expectations.

The hotel is located right across a beautiful beach.

The receptionist were not very friendly at the first encounter nor any other occasion when I asked for directions to the room or asked for a taxi. The swimming pool is beautiful but it is very cold and wind due to the corridor of glass walls surrounding it.

The hotel is located right across a beautiful beach. The breakfast was great with a great variety to choose from.

It is spacious, elegant, and well run.

We liked it all.

It is spacious, elegant, and well run. The view of camels on the sandy beach is perfect. The breakfast is all you can ask for. Delightful views hotel.

Staff were miserable, pool was freezing, everything was...

Staff were miserable, pool was freezing, everything was incredibly overpriced in the hotel. A bottle of water was over £2 - which is an unacceptable mark-up.

On the whole not bad, but I wouldn’t return again as have stayed in better hotels in Morocco.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

We had an upgraded sea view room (118). WiFi is awful anywhere other than in the lobby. TV reception is poor. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Other than on arrival, no bottled water provided in room The bathroom needs a refurb. Mouldy grout around shower screen, cracked tiles, stained bath & a shower you have to hold in one hand whilst trying to use. The food served by the pool on 2 out of 2 attempts was cold & overpriced.

Great location Good staff Nice lobby Clean pool (but very cold) Good sized room Not 5* room prices

Enjoyed my stay and found it a comfortable base but builing needs tlc

Poor maintenance - hotel management really need to take a critical look at the building and the rooms if they want to stay in this market. Carpets in public areas either needed cleaning or were stained, window catches broken, toilet cistern in our room needed to be repaired etc.

Hotel is in lovely beachfront location 10-15 minutes walk from the historic centre of Essaouira. There are a number of beachfront cafes/restaurants within easy walk of the hotel. Hotel lobby has luxury hotel feel, rooms are clean and comfortable and breakfasts good.

It's a nice hotel, but definitely not a 5 star hotel.

As we are talking about a 5 star hotel, the condition of the hotel was not like it is supposed to be. The condition of the gym especially is not good, most of the things are not really working and when i asked the staff for assistance they didn't do anything and they were never on time with something, for example the gym was supposed to open at 9am, i asked around 9.15, so they opened it at 9.30. Also when i arrived i asked them to organize a taxi for me to the airport. They told me it will be 90 euros. In the end they completely forgot to order it and it was 100 euros. Another thing, why i wouldn't book there a room again is the wifi. It only works properly in the lobby, but in thr room we haven't had wifi at all. So if you have work to do, you are screwed or you have to spend most of your time in the lobby.

I did like that the hotel was clean and comfortable, and it was definitely a nice experience compared to the low budget hotels i was staying before. Also that the hotel has a great location, the beach is in front where you can take kite or surf lessons and you can reach the city centry by walking. The hotel itself offers a pool, gym and has a restaurant.

Terrible experience

Not cleaned rooms, everyday need to request cleaning from reception Dirty towels Old, used facilities (bath tube, broken mirror etc) Very poor wifi, most of the time not working Not working air con Pool not heated Access to the beach after leaving the hotel premises and couple pf minutes walking

Not bad location if you plan to surf

Great place to stay with topclass staff

Wifi was not very well in the room. Housekeeping was not very sharp; we had to ask 3 times for for example 3 towles instead of two.

The staff was really, really friendly, helpful and professional. Never felt that comfortable. We had a great holiday.

Mostly excellent but buy your alcohol at the off-licence round the back!

The one evening meal which we ate in the hotel purported to be tagging. It was in fact a piece of chicken with some olives put in a tagine. Tagine is actually cooked in the tagine producing juices and sauce. Considering the 3 course meal cost MAD220 per person I was a little annoyed. When I pointed out that I've been coming to Morocco and eating Tagine since before most of the staff were born they looked embarrassed. The meal was very tasty though and they did knock a little off the bill

Excellent breakfast

Would not recommend
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Everything the pool the food yhe staff

Terrbile stay the staff was un helpful there is no way this is a 4 star thr pool area was dirty and the heated indoor pool was cold. The staff didnt speak any english so could never understand

Take care of your clients. They can give you bad publicity.

The air-conditioning in my room did not work for three nights. I was promised it will be fixed or I will be moved to another room. Neither happened.

The location.

Absolutely outstanding
    • Deluxe Double Room

Where do I start rating this Hotel we were meant to leave yesterday however my son got ill and we extended for another 4 nights, the staff quickly called a doctor that was at the property within 20 min went to the chemist at 1 am and couldn't have done enough for us, the hotel is outstanding, the staff are the kindest most helpful people that I have ever come across they can't do enough for us keep checking that we are ok we will be so sad to leave on Tuesday. Thank you to ALL of the staff at reception, restaurant pool bar breakfast I don't want Give names as I will forget someone! They have ALL stolen our hearts. A million Thank you from Beatriz, Josh and Dominic

Would definitely stay here again

I had to keep asking house keepers to change towels and remind them as they always forget

Location was perfect! Across from the beach and 10 mins to the medina

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Good relaxing stay, would stay again

The hotel is "tired", but it more than does the job. Breakfast is average even though there is a lot to offer and the staff could be friendlier

Excellent view from the room, comfortable bed and a great place to relax. Walking distance to the medina and bus.

Enjoyable accommodation in a beachfront location!!

Could of done with 1 or 2 extra personnel. Staff went missing from the pool & bar! Pool area could do with a makeover!

Staff always polite, pleasant & helpful

Browse Atlas Essaouira & Spa traveller photo gallery