Reviews of Atlas Medina & Spa 5 stars

Avenue Hassan 1Er, Hivernage, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#720 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

Great pool.

There was a bit of a fiasco on check in. Given keys for rooms that already had people in them twice! A fair walk from the Medina and taxi drivers a rip off.

Fabulous quality place with great swimming pool and large comfortable luxurious rooms.

The only plus point of this hotel is the location.

The wifi was absolutely useless... The room was not good with no amenities... Not even a bottle of water. Even though my request was for a double bed, I was given a twin

The only plus point of this hotel is the location. Next to the conference venue.

Business in Marrakech
    • Standard Single Room

Better variety at Breakfast would be good, especially if you are staying for a week.

Very convenient as it is located adjacent to the Palace de Congress, Railway station and Shopping Mall.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The garden

I was charged for a bottle of water I hadn't had, and had to spend time at reception trying to convince them I hadn't...and they knew a taxi was waiting to take me to airport to catch my flight. The staff would not believe me, and all they needed to have done was gone to my room to check. It was upsetting and an unpleasant ending to my stay.

The garden

The internet connection is terrible, i can't understand...

The internet connection is terrible, i can't understand how a 5* hotel can have an internet connection so bad that i couldn't even check my email in the bedroom.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Beautiful gardens and very comfortable hotel.

We had a very good rate but somehow at the end we had to pay extra taxes.

The hotel has a beautiful lobby and gardens, my sons and I enjoyed the pool very much and we had good service in the pool and in the restaurant. The breakfast was great and had a lot to offer. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect, very close to everything and in a very safe and beautiful area. I disagree with a lot of the reviews complaining about the hotel. I had a very nice stay and we would for sure go back to Atlas Medina next time we visit to Marrakesh.

4.5
    Very Disappointed

The pillows are so dirty ,they smell very bad. Breakfast Horrible , I cannot understand how come in Morocco we cannot have "MSEMEN" and "Omelette". According to the Maitre d'hotel , the lady is off on SUNDAY!!! . I love this hotel but will never come back . all these problems I ve mentioned can be resolved easily , they need just the implication of the Management.

Security staff and front office

Meh!

The food, No english sockets

The pros: The front desk team was very warm, patient and welcoming. Hotel located in the new town of Marrakech on King Mohammed the VI avenue, makes it accessible both from airport and many tourist sites Cons: The hotel is very dated. A plaque on one of the walls indicates it was opened in 2004, which makes it about 14 y.o. This showed in the decor and amenities. The socket options were limiting! for a tourist destination, one expects hotels in Marrakech to accommodate different socket needs for the tourists traveling from the world over. my phone and PC, both with English chargers could not get a dock! The meals were soo bad! Breakfast was tolerable and even then, there is room for improvement.

Good location, bad uncaring service

Staff unresponsive. Impossible to call front desk - never answer. Slow response when standing at front desk. Didn’t care. Took crazy amount of time to get anything done.

Customer service needs improving.
    • Standard Single Room

Where do I start.....staff who did all in their power to evade being helpful. Three examples: asked for iron and ironing board the same evening I arrived. Ironing board appeared, after three more calls to reception in 24 hours I was told I would have to use the in-house laundry service, for a fee of course. Having used the single laundry bag left in the room, I phoned for another, and had to resort to leaving a note for the cleaning staff to please take my laundry as the second bag never appeared. Thirdly, the booking info says for stays over 5 nights, a free transfer to and from the airport can be requested. This worked on the inbound flight, I was collected. Once I had spent my money and was leaving, not a chance, I would have to take a normal taxi, and pay for it myself. This hotel trades on its location, for a little more perhaps I should have stayed over the road at the Movenpick.

Large room with good sized bathroom even though i booked the cheapest option.

Nice hotel, shame about some staff

Rude reception staff, charged for mini bar drinks we did not use, the cleaning staff stole some of our make up from our rooms

Nice breakfast, clean rooms, good wifi, not too far from town centre

Affordable, convenient, good facilities.

While middle management is courteous and helpful, reception could be more client-oriented and less concerned with back-office paperwork. Focus on the customer and find a solution for everything.

Affordable, convenient, good facilities.

Very basic facilities in the room.

Very basic facilities in the room. The personal in reception at night when we checked in was completely unfriendly. The rooms definitely don't worth the money at all.

Amazing city

Major issue with ventilation and air ducts... the smells emanating from the restaurant permeate the whole hotel, hallways, and rooms. We had to close our bathroom and put towels under the door to reduce food smells. At night cigarette smoke from the bar below travels through out the hallways.

Easily accessible location, very central on the main boulevard not far from city walls. Beautiful grounds with a lot of green spaces. Spacious rooms and very friendly reception and restaurant staff. Rich and diverse breakfast with plenty of choices for all tastes.

All in all my stay was pleasant and the breakfast was good.

Room service closes at 11pm.you are not allowed to take outside food (fast food like mcD) to your room let alone hotel building. There was no kettle in the room or the normal tea/coffee/water you get in hotels.unless you use from the minibar at a cost.

Rooms were spacious and clean.

Hotel location and facilities are enough good.

Food quality and parking could be better.

Hotel location and facilities are enough good. Spa was amazing. Breakfast is average. Rooms are enough big. Cleaning is good.

Worse experience

Every thing especially staff attitude.

Worse hotel to stay very unfriendly staff. Especially night staff. Defiantly not five star. Possible 2-3 stars. Rooms are very bland. No tea coffee. No iron available.

Great and excellent value for money.

Breakfast area was disorganised & chaotic. Omelettes were best thing but lots of q’s so what should have been 15-20 minutes would be 30-40 by the time you were served, sat down and eaten. Also charged for mini bar when I didn’t use it but it was taken back off my bill without argument.

Loved the peace & quiet of the pool. Room had balcony over looking the pool too so ideal for sitting and relaxing after a day out. Was supplied with pillow & towel at the pool too. Room had everything - fridge, flat screen tv, bathrobes, cleaned daily, massive bed. Room service was quick and efficient. Staff helpful & friendly.

- Very Nice staff!

The swimming pool was very cold

- Very Nice staff! Very happy and relaxed. We were visiting with a small baby and they put in the extra effort - clean hotel and very good food - location is perfect between the new and old city (taxi’s are cheap) and in a oasis of relaxation (especially compared to the Médina) though clubs are at walking distance

Lovely.. as usual

Nice Hotel, Very nice staff friendly and professional. Excellent location. My preferred hotel whenever I come to Marrakesh.. I change it only when it's fully booked. Suitable for Business but also for a family trip.

Ok for a day or 2....ok for families..

Breakfast is pathetic...complained to the manager but he just ignored...no variety..nd same menue repeated everyday....chef making omlett does not add salt at all even if u request..strange.

Very close to Palaice de congress. Close to some good restaurants nd pubs..all facilities within 5 min walk including carrefour nd Menara mall

Dated decor, everything costs extra, no parking, poor value

Very outdated and Shaby- bad decor, air con was broken, tv was broken No parking- they advertised parking which is why we booked it but don’t offer parking Hamam, pool, fitness all cost extra Breakfast costs extra Once we paid the extra fees for hamam and breakfast it was no longer a good deal- we could have stayed at a higher end hotel for the price. It was meant to be a treat for us but such a shabby hotel we spent the whole night out. Ok if you just need a bed to sleep.

Location- quiet, close to airport and high end restaurants and bars Spacious- we stayed at 7 different properties in Morocco and this was the best in terms of space

The room was spacious and comfortable.

The food wasn't very good for the price, and housekeeping came at inconsistent times. Sometimes the room would be clean when we came back from breakfast and sometimes housekeeping wouldn't come until 5pm.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The pool area was very relaxing and the poolside staff was very friendly and helpful. The spa was very relaxing.

The room was nice.

The staff were not helpful at all. I just do not understand why they refuse to provide an iron and then charge extortionate amounts to iron my clothes very badly. I then explained please just give me an iron so I can re-iron my clothes. After pleading with the staff they finally lent me an iron to take it back as soon soon thereafter and not to ever lend it again. I don't like any hotels who try these tactics! The receptionist staff need to be more engaging, helpful and polite and try and see things from a customer's point of view.

The room was nice.

Good...Very good

Room telephone did not work. I was told someone would come in to check it but no one did.

Hotel had very peaceful ambience. The poolside and gardens were beautiful. Diverse buffet meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beautiful room and nice staff.

The hotel was in a great location 3mins drive with a cab and...

I confirm the other reviews regarding staff. I can't say if they were rud or just lazy, or unwilling to even speak. The only thing for sure is that they definitely need trainning. Then the room facilities were ridiculous. Hairdryer was barerly working (5 star hotel did we say?) And the toilet wasn't operating (they did fix it on my call although) makes me wondering if they cleaned the room!!!!! There was not even a drop of Coffee or tea or even one bottle of water. Eventually I found one in the fridge and I was charged 3euros!!!!! For a small bottle of water. At least shampoo was free after all. I dont know about the breakfast as i didnt see it at all but it was waaaaaayy too expensive. We paid only 50 dirhams each ( 4.5 euros) at the menara mall and we had great breakfast. To conclude with it doesn't worth the money. We enjoyed a lot more a budget Riad we stayed for our last night in Marrakesh.

The hotel was in a great location 3mins drive with a cab and only 20 Dirham (insist for meter and do not even ask for a taxi parked outside the hotel) form medina and the el fna square as well as other tourist attractions. Menara mall is 5 mins walk where u can enjoy delicious traditional breakfast for 5 euros. Pool was ok, clean and fairly big with nice music playing from the sunrise to the sunset and Zaharia was a nice gentleman supervising the pool. The room was clean bathroom was big and nicely decorated. Also keep a good tip in mind. ignore taxis at the airport. They ll try to rip u off. Simply walk out of the airport, ignore all of the voices u 'll hear and the funny paper they 'll show u with the tariff saying 110 (what a joke 😂) and stop the first taxi u 'll see. Insist on the meter and u 'll pay 3 to 4 euros at the most. The hotel is 5 mins drive. Pay nothing over 50 dirhams.

Room's price

Valué for money was good. Staff in general also fine. However the ladies at the reception are absolutely inefficient and especially one of them impolite. Pity that they put them on a front desk which is the first contact point with the hotel. They asked me to make a deposit in order to have towels for the swimming pool. I agreed but I asked them to do that through my room's account.... impossible to obtain that. It was about 40€ for 2 towels cash or no swimming pool. Thankfully at the swimming pool they see much more useful.

Room's price

Pretty pictures and reality clearly not the same!

The rooms are very old school , the bed and pillows weren't comfortable (+ no pillowcases) payed for breakfast and couldn't get one... Clearly not a 5* hotel !

Kind and Luxury and reasonable price

Parking a car was not so easy. Massage shop didnt work (Ramadan period)

Clean and cozy. Good to have a drink in bar. Nice swimming pool. Kind Staff, especially, Ms. Houda helped me a lot.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Clean comfortable hotel but food offer not good

Food set up confusing for all the various restaurants we could find one that would serve us a meal that wasn't a buffet at dinner time. They said they'd only open for that once the tour groups had finished which was too late for us.

Did the job

Hotel nice.Worst staff ever in all parts of the Hotel .

Staff the worst I experienced for a 5 star Hotel.Rude and no knowledge of anything. The Pool .4 staff behind the bar and not once asked you if you needed something Awful .

Hotel very nice.

Everything about this hotel was amazing.

There is no official parking lot, but there is a private driveway where you can park your car or there is room on the street and a guard to watch. Also, breakfast was not included in our booking (this may vary for other bookings I'm not sure) but can be purchased through the hotel or one of the dozens of cafes nearby.

Everything about this hotel was amazing. Incredibly beautiful, clean, nice staff, and the elevators require a room key to go up for added security. The grounds include a pool, jacuzzi, bar, plenty of tables and lounging spaces, a garden with fountains, and a store inside the building. They offer excursions to nearby attractions right from the hotel and, as is important in a place as hot as Marrakech, air conditioning! It is located very close to major destinations like jemaa al fna, the menara and majorelle gardens, etc.

Perfect hotel amazing value for money

Amazing pool area, no buildings blocking the sun! Friendly and helpful staff, the room was very big! And clean, I am definitely staying here in my next visit to Marrakech

Good

Staff are a bit aloof, short with replies to our questions we asked and also waitress when having lunch by the pool. Doorman were excellent and friendly. Asked for a quiet room with booking and when he king in tilde we had been upgraded which was nice and overlooked the pool, but unfortunately that's where the music was at night so woken up so bit of nuisance when we had asked for a quiet room

Large room and clean

good location between marrakesh old town and the new town. bars & restaurants nearby

couldn't think of anything

The location was good as it is between the old and new town . Old town is 30 minutes walk away or 10 mins in a taxi. new town is 20 minutes walk. There is a selection of bars and restaurants to try. The menora mall is 10 minutes from the hotel which has bars and restaurants and other shops. Once particular bar has a nice rooftop which has a pool and beds. Hotel was clean, room was spacious with a fridge to keep your drinks cool. The hotel staff cleaned the rooms daily and changed the towels daily as expected. The room service was quick as well as the housekeeper when called to the room. I found the staff to be polite and helpful. I would stay here again. As I was out of the hotel a lot in the day time I didn't get to use the pool or the spa/gym facilities.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Not Clean, Rude staff

Staff are not friendly. They try to make money anyway they can. find They try to overcharge me. Staff just get into the room anytime they like without notice.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The garden and the pool.

Poor breakfast for the hotel standard.

The garden and the pool. Perfect location near train station (10mn walk) , medina (20mn walk), gueliz (20min walk) and hivernage restaurants, bars & clubs (10mn walk). A bike rental station at 2 min.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Very large rooms and nice garden

The whole day they play loud music in the gardens and swimming pool. Staff in the SPA wasn't friendly just very transactional.

Very large rooms and nice garden

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Value for money.
    • Standard Single Room

The food in the buffet restaurant was OK but not exciting. The food in the a la carte restaurant was excellent. I would recommend B&B and look for food outside the buffet area.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Convenient hotel in calm area with spacious rooms and bathroom.

spacious room with 2 separate beds, spacious bathroom and garden with large swimming pool. Area is quite calm but within walking distance to major attractions

Very good hotel - recommended to most travellers!

Not deal breakers as such, but a number of things a hotel could improve on. - Breakfast is not as diverse as some other 5 star hotels, but still reasonable. It ends on 10:30am, which is a bit early. - Spa facilities are overpriced as is usually the case. - Wifi is a bit slow, was off for certain short periods.

Overall, it's a great hotel, highly recommended. - Great location, very quiet, short walk from variety of restaurants (special mention to CASA JOSE seafood restaurant next to KFC), parks etc. 10 minutes on taxi to the main square. - Nice, spacious, modern and clean rooms with A/C. - Pleasant staff (for Morocco at least), speaks good English. - Has most facilities for a good holiday. - Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Very nice 4* hotel

poor maintenance of the hotel, lots of small details like: missing many pieces of mosaic in the pool, wall behind the cook very dirty, thing put on the table for breakfast really not hygienic, etc.

Size of the beds, room, very nice hotel

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Meh

Visited in January 2017. The staff were consistently glum and unhelpful. We stayed at their sister hotel in Essaouria and the difference was night and day - I think the Marrakech branch need customer training from their colleagues in Essaouira. Characterless restaurant with bland expensive food. Breakfast rubbish compared to Essaouria (again). And they hadn't set it for outside so we missed out on having our last breakfast in the sunshine by the pretty pool. They had the heating on but had turned air con off and it was way too hot to sleep - we both slept very badly, which was a shame (To give them their credit they did swiftly send an engineer up to our room to check if there was anything to be done, but there wasn't, so we sweltered). It's handy for the airport (what we wanted) but would be a pain to get to the souks every day. All in £100 GBP for a very average one night stay and a crap meal.

They gave us a room at half an hours notice. Option of the spa (paying 15 euros for an hour in the pool was a bloody cheek though). Nice to have a balcony with a view of the snowy Atlas mountains.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very good location - 30 minutes on foot to every place of...

Old, dusty rooms. Dinner is very expensive and not so good. Spa is overpriced.

Very good location - 30 minutes on foot to every place of interest. Free airport shuttle for 5+ nights stay. You can easily exchange dirhams at the reception.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

No my cup of tea

Hotel staff not flexible or willing to help. We arrived to check in at 3pm our room was not cleaned we asked if we could be moved to another room but they declined it seemed as if we were bothering the

The bed was nice

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Marrakech weekend get-a-way

The hotel doesn't do transportation which for a 5* was a bit weird. So we had to grab a taxi from the airport to the hotel and vice versa. We asked to book a taxi for us but we were given a response that you can just get one from outside. They also will not exchange dirhams back to pounds or euros this will have to be done in the airport but make sure you have receipt. The pool was ok, but could have been in a better shape. And the fitness room was very basic.

The hotel is in a brilliant location. Literally everything is within a 10 min drive. Taxis can be found out side the hotel. We went during the Marrakech film festival and hence security was extremely tight. Yet if you have your card that your staying in the hotel they allow you in (we just started speaking english and they sort of realise your from out of town so they won't hassle you). We were lucky as a lot of morrocan celebrities were also staying. Breakfast was amazing, timings from 6-10, a variety from continental to full english breakfast. Money can also be exchanged at the hotel, as they give you a better rate. Our rooms were cleaned every morning and the staff are extremely helpful and respectful.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Great hotel :) would repeat!

We forgot a swimwear in the swimming pool and next day we called but they said it wasn't there...

Swimming pool was great, rooms and the entrance was cool as well :)

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Dissapointment

I did not receive an invoice at checkout. I have been trying to contact the hotel for 2 weeks. Non of my emails have been answered and it is impossible to reach the hotel via telephone. A truely dissapointing experience.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Not the most welcoming place

Cleaning of rooms was not to satisfaction, food was not great, restaurant staff unprofessional, staff generally uninterested in serving our needs and very obvious discrimination based on guest nationality!

Large rooms and bathrooms, nice outdoor space and good location.

No Internet in the rooms - cleanliness was not up to par

No Internet in the rooms - cleanliness was not up to par

Central location , Good Service

No complimentary water bottles kept in the room

Central location , Good Service

Lovely and kind, always ready to give us a helping hand.

Beautiful and clean.

Lovely and kind, always ready to give us a helping hand.

Ok

Ok

Visit was okay since I didn’t spend much time in the room, hotel was generally okay

Rooms are a bit worn and flooring was peeling off

Location was good, Spa services were good

A good and pleasant experience

Friendly staff

Kind of great but not for 5 stars hotel.

Kind of great but not for 5 stars hotel. It's near the airport so it's convenient for us.

Not a five star

Outdated. Staff is okay but not efficient at all.

Location is good and rooms are big and clean

Will come back again

Breakfast need more attention, but it is good in general,

Very good and quiet location, very nice swimming pool and outdoor setting

SPA promo misslead as you have to pay extra

SPA promo misslead as you have to pay extra

Relaxing trip

It waa in an excellent location. Staff were very efficient. The decor was magnificient.

Bad staff

Bad staff

Nothing to like

Staff not good

Staff not good

Nothing worth it

Staff not good at all The room not clean Air conditioning not working

Nothing worth it

Staff are not good

Staff

Quite

The room was quite big and clean

Nothing to report.

The room was quite big and clean

OK

I need an Iron and a gym which has working equipment and why was there no water available anywhere including the gym for free.

Clean large room

I like the personal it's good friendly

👍👍👍

I like the personal it's good friendly

OK

internet doesnt work properly

The place is great

Good but my booking was changed and I didn't get breakfast included.

Staff, lack of information and bus boy

Pool and room

Big room with big beds, the swimming pool

The shower did not work properly!

Big room with big beds, the swimming pool

Good looking cation, excellent staff

Good looking cation, excellent staff

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

All good

All good

Below expectations

Staff not friendly, not great breakfast

Just location made it nice stay, live music in the evening

Must go!!!

Outstanding hotel!

Amazing staff! Beautiful & clean hotel

Quality

Price wasn't same with booking.com

Quality