Reviews of Labranda Targa Aqua Parc 4 stars

#830 of 922 hotels in Marrakech

4.5

AMAZING HOLIDAYS AT LABRANDA AQUA PARC
    • Standard Single Garden View

They didnt like outside taxis coming to the hotel. They were cheaper than getting taxi from the hotel itself.

Food was great. Activities were fantastic and the reception staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Food excellent but don’t think you should have to pay for ice- creams (you don’t at the Riu)
    • Standard Double Garden View

Floors very slippery - be careful in the bar! We also stayed at the Riu and thought the ambience was much better there, with more staff and much nicer grounds. We paid £100 more a night at Labranda (overall, for two rooms), and felt that the price was not justified for 4 slides - didn’t really constitute the ‘water park’ label. Cocktails weren’t nice! Also need to review their health and safety policy as reaction to a child being concussed on a slippery floor wasn’t prompt.

Beds very comfortable and air conditioning worked well. Food was excellent and beautifully presented. Staff very polite but not enough of them.

It was a really comfortable stay at this hotel.

It could be a little flexible for extending stay for few more hours for flight purposes . If they don’t have rooms available they should let us stay maybe in the Hall or somewhere else until our flight time,because it’s hard to get out with kids to wait at airport for flight which is in the evening at 9.45 pm and you have to leave hotel at 12.00.

I like everything in this hotel

Nice but could do better
    • Standard Double Garden View

Lovely hotel but there is plenty of room for improvement... The pools could do with a bit of maintenance below the water line as they looked grubby! The restaurant was a mish mash with little variety and not enough choice or just not enough prepared of specific things so you could never have a complete meal! The queues were on some occasions rediculous! My biggest bug bare was insufficient labelling for myself, as wheat intolerant and my daughter as a vegetarian. They didn’t seem educated in wheat as an intolerance and this made our mealtimes on occasion tearful and fractious but when contacting the restaurant manager they did try to help! The rooms were ok but the maid service was inconsistent in timing and what she did ...sometimes we didn’t even get towels! The bar service closed around the pool at 5 .. no good for us as we like a civilised gin and tonic at this time and had trouble getting one! The overuse of single use plastic water bottles and straws was crazy... we spoke to them about water refill stations and paper straws and they did seem to be open to suggestions and listen ... we will see!! The beer was only in bottles which seemed such a waste and was never cold as they couldn’t keep up with demand! Draught beer would easily rectify this? Overall a great holiday and I would recommend it even knowing all this!

Lovely hotel but there is plenty of room for improvement... The hotel and gardens were very clean with gardeners working around the clock to keep it looking lovely. The pools had plenty of beds and there was an adult quiet pool if you didn’t want to be around all the noise. Breakfast was the best meal with lots of choice. The bar service was good once you got there but it closed too early! The reusable plastic cups around the pool and throughout the resort was brilliant. The entertainment staff worked tirelessly especially Brad who had so much energy it was in sane! Another 2 people worth mentioning were the chopping fresh fruit guy who always had a smile and one morning he changed to making omelettes and his speedy system made us laugh! The waiter, Abdelmoula, in the outside part of the restaurant in the day time had a great sense of humour and had our glass of wine ready for us as we always sat down at his tables. Overall a great holiday and I would recommend it!!

Enjoyable for children
    • Triple Standard Room

The beds are very uncomfortable it was like sleeping on a rock and they seriously need to invest in some new towels as the ones given are very worn. The food is constant but very basic, I wouldn’t re-visit this hotel.

The children’s entertainment was fantastic through the day and into the evening, my children really enjoyed there stay here.

Beautiful hotel, brilliant buffet food, staff super friendly...
    • Standard Double Garden View

Bed was a bit hard for my liking but I don’t really have anything bad to say at all. We are definitely going back

Beautiful hotel, brilliant buffet food, staff super friendly and the hotel is amazing the pools are great

We were very disappointed with our whole experience and will never come back!
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We were very disappointed with our stay at Labranda. We booked a few months in advance and really ONLY booked it for our kids to spend time in the water slides. When we showed up...no water slides. I had even confirmed via email that they would be open before booking!! When I mentioned this to the staff there was no offer of compensation...not even an apology. That was the main problem but also other things...when we arrived we were brought to the front desk by a staff member, waited in the line for about 5 minutes, then were told to go to a different place to check in, then back to the original line...took about 30 minutes to check in. Which is long after a long trip from Europe. When we finally got to our rooms, the kids beds were not made. The staff told us someone was coming to make them. I had to call 2 more times and even if we checked in around 6:30pm, it wasn't until after 10pm that the beds were finally made. We were given only 2 bath towels for 4 people. I asked twice, never came, just gave up and we shared towels. There was loud music through out the day and until 2am, all right below where we were sleeping. Impossible to have a good night's sleep. The food is all inclusive, which is easy but it is of very low quality. I'd prefer a higher quality of food and to pay extra. Lastly, the location is really quite far from the center of Marrakech. The first day, we arrived, we wanted to book the shuttle for the following day and were told that the first available shuttle was at 5:30pm!! We tried to book the shuttle from the hotel two more times...but both times we tried, it was already fully booked in the morning.

Good one time experience but will not stay again.
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Food was ok hubby got sick after eating fish and attitude of reception staff especially a person who walks around (manager i guess ). Don't remember his name.He was asking to email booking number etc to hotel id , even though we showed booking conformation on booking.com app . Check in takes too long. I will not be staying here again .

Animation Team was the best .My kids enjoyed that.

Absolutely hated my stay at Labranda Targa and will never recommend to friends or family.
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

No WiFi - very misleading when booking No extra towels - one small towel per day Iron can be used 15 mins per day Staff walked into rooms without permission Food was very poor

I did not like anything in the hotel and will never ever recommend to anyone!

Girlie Holiday
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Beds were really hard had to sleep on a lilo

Nice clean hotel lovely rooms entertainment staff were absolutely fantastic 8 of us went on this trip and 5 of those were girls aged between 12 and 15 they had the best time ever entertainment staff did so much with them so huge thank you to Brad Nizar Smiley Chaima Tvo Samy Sam and of course the lovely Hannah thank you all for the memories you really made our holiday hopefully we will come back in a couple of years xx

We really liked the food option and the pool area.

The sound from the evening events was heard into the rooms. No ATM on sita.

We really liked the food option and the pool area. The staff was nice and playful with the kids. Rooms clean but could have more sound insulation.

THINK BEFORE U BOOK FOOD IS 100% uncooked , BAD STAFF ,VERY LOW SERVICE , BEST HOTLE WOULD BE SAVOY
    • Standard Single Garden View

Staff was very rude , had to wait for fresh towels 2 hours , knowing we were ill no toilet rolls , had to wait over an hour , nurse was unhelpful full. Very bad hotel if u get ill & over all

Nothing , 3rd day got food poisoning & was in bed till our last day to the airport & half the people in 2000 area was all sick

GREAT HOTEL & FAB STAY
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

There is a office where you can book trips from in the main building close to reception. The people there are not very friendly and quiet unhelpfull, so we decided not to book anything as they try to overcharge as well. Not nice!

Hotel is great and clean, food fantastic with lot of choice. Animation team is excellent and do their very best to get involved with guests as much as possible during the day and they do evening shows every night. I celebrated my 40th Birthday there and I had a fantastic time. Shuttle service to the town is excellent but you must book night before as it gets booked up. No extra charge for air con and safe like elsewhere. We would defo return!

Amazing place I would warmly recommend! Thumbs up!
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Food was amazing, room had a great cozy bed, everything was very tidy and the staff were friendly and proffessional. Definitely would recommend and hopefully will visit again.

The shuttle bus was great, but book early and the restaurant...
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The shuttle bus was great, but book early and the restaurant had a good choice kept everyone happy. The pools and slides were lots of fun too even in February!

Overhall I liked the service provided. Layout great. Guess great in the summer when more sun time.
    • Standard Single Garden View

I was not impressed with the beds. The double was fine for the children but the single wooden bed really did my back in. They did give us the incorrect room first and I would imagine what that would had been like? Having all inclusive was good but I felt it was the same kind of food each day. Not really much for the children apart from pizza, spaghetti and chips. Entertainment for teens not so great. Wi Fi only worked in the lobby and not else where around the hotel. We did book for 3 nights but ended up staying only for 2 nights as daughter was not impressed.

The layout of the hotel was great. Staff were extremely friendly. Even when I went to see the management. The pool was great as well. I think all inclusive was good for me and my son but not much for my daughter age 12.5 years.

The property was amazing and well kept!
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

There are just a few things that could be different and I'm sure people complain about it often and that's the wifi in the rooms! I know it's not a big deal but it would make a difference! Also a self service laundry room would have been nice as people travel for days it would be nice to leave with clean clothes. But otherwise there really wasn't anything major to dislike! I'll definitely be booking here again!!

The property was amazing and well kept! The staff was awesome I think the girl name is Havana she was my favorite she definitely knows how to get the party started! I also want to give the people in the kitchen a big round of applause because the food was so amazing I couldn't help myself!

Good WiFi and clean
    • Standard Double Garden View

Firstly the price gone up in hotel 30£ more than on booking paper. No organisation, totally messed up my birthday plans, the agency called meeting point sold trip , but bus driver didn’t pick up us and hotel people don’t know any contact number agency which is in hotel and the person who start work 7 came just 8.30, so we missed a lot time. Third thing is food is not enough choice and then one day came more people for dinner they was not ready at all becouse half plates was empty.

Good WiFi and clean

The staff were fantastic;
    • Triple Standard Room

The hotel was in the middle of nowhere and there were no theme nights in the restaurant, which was disappointing.

The staff were fantastic; especially, those with help out with the children and poolside entertainment.

lovely. will love to stay there again
    • Standard Double Garden View

You have to rush to save a sun bed every morning as they are filled up quickly.

The variety of food was lovely. Children's entertainment was good. Free shuttle to town. we enjoyed our stay

7 nights with small family
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Junior kids club was a bit crap. papers with old pencil crayons not much to do.

Free shuttle was good, bear in mind that you have to book at 7pm each day to avoid missing out. Food was decent. Generally a good stay

Excellent and would definitely go back again, lovely mannered and polite always happy to help
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

nothing not too like beautiful breath taking resort

Generally overall good value for money staff excellent and friendly. Very welcoming and happy to help any time any where. Excellent resort and safe for kids with good security systems in place great peace of mind. Plenty of activities and things to do for kids. Absolutely amazing experience

I loved their unlimited food, desserts and alcoholic drinks!
    • Standard Single Garden View

Location of hotel is too far from the city.

I loved their unlimited food, desserts and alcoholic drinks!!! I'm really glad I purchased the inclusive package.

Considering that this hotel is 4 star it was run at a very poor standerd
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Same food menu for almost 7 days .doughnuts were like eating rubber .big queues for breakfast with limited variation. Fleas and ants in room cockroach in the lounge. Asked for a room change.was told none available.no hotel pickup from airport had to arrange personal travel. Towels to swimming area were not available had to wait 20mins.

Swimming Pool not clean, Long Queue in Restaurant and Price for money not worth at all

The treatment I received once I checked in and despite of 2 rooms booked, I got only one room for the same price which was not acceptable, swimming pool wasn't clean at all, the long queue in restaurant during the 3 meals which also was very annoying.

I've booked 2 rooms on booking.com and when I reached the hotel, the hotel was fully booked and I was given only 1 room for 5 persons, I was told this is the only availability they've and I paid for 2 rooms, after a lot of discussions with front desk staff, there was no other alternative and only to pay for 2 rooms while getting only one room, I wasn't worth at all to pay 242 EUR for one night and for one room, moreover the swimming pool wasn't clean esp. the one for kids

Nice hotel but staff need more training in customer care and service
    • Standard Double Garden View

The only thing that let it down were the staff. The reception staff in particular were very grumpy, unhelpful and at times rude (there was one exception but can't remember his name) so anytime we wanted reception we waited until he was on duty. He did our late room checkout without any hassle and was friendly and actually smiled. The other staff members could learn a lot about customer service from the animation team who were wonderful and worked exceptionally hard. On our booking it stated that we would have a balcony or terrace but we had only windows. We did not bother taking this up with reception because we knew would not be listened to. The lunchtime bar ran out of beer at least 3 out of our 4 day stay and the inside bar did not serve alcohol until 5 pm. The evening bar ran out of vodka, white rum, white wine and beer by 10.15 one evening. So a lot of guests were not happy.

The hotel itself was very nice

Great family holiday, great atmosphere and the food was brilliant
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Director attitude , grumpy, ignoring his guests...

All staff were very welcoming , friendly and helpful, however the director, walked around the facility and enjoyed telling his staff off in front of the holiday makers, instead of approaching his guest and asking how we are doing, very unprofessional from his part, all staff are doing more than possible to please all the client, but the man enjoyed abusing his power

I have stayed in better hotels in Marrakesh who had better customer service. Where was ice cream
    • Standard Double Garden View

One of the reception staff was not friendly. After long tiring journey when we reached the hotel their excursion staff made us sit, trying to sell excursion straight away. I am 100% sure that I clicked on Labranda Aqua Fun Club when booking the holiday but it gave me Labranda Targa Aqua Park.

Animation staff was very friendly and food was adequate. I am 100% sure that I clicked on Labranda Aqua Fun Club when booking the holiday but it gave me Labranda Targa Aqua Park.

I wouldn´t ever recommend this place to anybody I know

The staff can´t speak English, only French. Cleanliness below expectations, not just in the rooms but overall (including the pool area) Check in process very bad, they gave us a room and when we get there and opened the door, there were people inside. The bus shuttle to Marrakesh don´t leave you close to the tourist area, but outside, so you need to take a taxi from there. The quality of food in the buffet, not enough. Rooms with ants and other insects ...

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The pool areas were nice, a quiet pool if you wanted it and...
    • Standard Double Garden View

The management of the staff was poor, they could do with more supervision. Pool bar area in particular, twenty people queuing and one guy on service and the second one collecting glasses - manager came along and got rid of the queue in 5 minutes, however he didn't explain to the other staff how it was done so consequently the problem existed all day. The pool area needed a good clean up to get rid of the trillions of wasps around due to spill ages of juice etc on the tables, chairs and floor.

The pool areas were nice, a quiet pool if you wanted it and the usual action pool, both were a good siE and plenty of sunbeds and shades.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Nice hotel, Great value for money
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Pool was a bit fresh but most hotels don't heat their pools at this time of year. Staff weren't overly friendly, not rude but could do with some hospitality training. More information on the hotel at check-in would be useful. Entertainment wasn't great but we don't normally bother with it anyway.

Rooms, food, pool, slides, cleanliness, value for money. Good shuttle bus service every 2 hours to the centre (goes to the new town so you need to walk or get a taxi to the old town).

One of the best full board I ever had, Just Perfect.
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

The check out is a bit messy.

Everything. Before I travel I was reading the comments from other people and was wondering a little bit about their comments but honestly everything was perfect. my Full board was the perfect choice since we stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and we didn't leave at all coz there is everything. Food was brilliant loads of choices specially Moroccan food, staff are friendly, free drinks (you can even have hot drinks in every meal) and water machines are everywhere at the hotel for free. Just perfect.

Friendly staff but cocktails were not real cocktails. Good for families not couples
    • Standard Double Garden View

The spa facility was unaccomodating they refused to give us a treatment even though they were not fully booked and we ended up having to go to a spa else at the Hilton . The cocktails were not proper cocktails so didn't feel like it was value for money getting all inclusive as it was juice from a machine with a bit of alcohol . The rooms were not fleeted for mosquitos so ended getting bitten and my foot got infected . The bar by the pool was surrounded by bees they should invest in bee repellent

The staff were lovely the animators that did the entertainment were fantastic and very friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Poor stuff, very bad room service. Ac off from 11pm to 7 am. No drinking wAter except you buy one.
    • Standard Double Garden View

They turn the Ac off from 11:00 pm to 7:00am. Stuff not helpful at all. No drinking water. You have to buy yours and if the shop in the facility is closed than you have to drive 20 min to buy one. Room service very bad. For three people they put only one shower towel. They turn the Ac off from 11:00 pm to 7:00am. No complementary shampoo or soap Only one toilet paper. They turn Ac off from time to time. When asked why?the answer was the management has told us to do so. I cancelled my lasts night stay. Luckily I had purchase the free cancellation option. Will never visit again .

Swimming pool

Not as cheap as you think, pay a little more for food, drink and cleanliness. Sadly woudn't return.
    • Standard Double Garden View

1. Lack of food and drink 2. Dirty cups/ plates left for hours, resulting in literally hundreds of wasps everywhere 3. Huge queues 4. Staff take 100 dirham per towels deposit and then refuse to refund at the end despite handing towels back (so you basically pay a non refundable £8 per towel), not the end of the world but just annoying 5. Be wary leaving valuable with reception, I left my phone with them to charge just before leaving for the airport, they then denied all knowledge of having it, this went on for 20 mins until I called it and it rang out loud under the counter!!! at which point they had to return.

The hotel had the making of a beautiful hotel but was severely let down by the staff (or lack of them). We counted approx. 10 staff running the whole whole for the 5 days that we were there. Which led to very long queues for anything that you wanted, even a soft drink could result in a 5-10 mins queue (surrounded by wasps) because spills and old drinks aren't cleared). You actually feel sorry for the staff that are there as they are clearly overworked and not happy. Lack of cold drinks in the heat are a real problem, as the water machines are often empty and the only shop in the resort always runs out by midday. The nearest shop or restaurant outside of resort is a 15 min drive away. If you are staying with kids, I would strongly advise staying more central or at a better stocked hotel.

Perfect hotel for families.
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

I would have really appreciated a drinks machine in the pool bar, there was a large queue regularly.

I liked the food & really loved my breakfast every day with several cups of milky coffee.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Amazing stay
    • Triple Standard Room

Was a little bit far from the city , but was okay as taxi wasn't too expensive , wifi wasn't the best unless in the reception

The variety of choices for breakfast was really good , friendly staff , the hotel is beautiful and has many amenities , the all inclusive feature is great! Very clean hotel and I really enjoyed my stay ! Would definitely reccommend

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Good experience and definitely good if you are with kids
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Wifi was very poor and one has to sit in or around the lobby to be connected.

Staff very helpful Shuttl bus runs on time and is very reliable Food was equally good Facilities for kids were very helpful

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Fantastic pool, excellent animation team, shame about the food!
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

The food was pretty poor and the buffet area was not replenished well or kept clean during the service. It was Ok for 2 days but I couldn't have put up with it for longer.

The installations and pool area are lovely but the animation staff were absolutely the best thing about this hotel, and should be commended. Rasta took so much time with my 7 year old son and really made his holiday.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

I liked our room it was big and cozy and next to a pool.

Our room air conditioner wasn't working nor fridge, luckily it wasn't too hot this time of the year. Little misunderstanding with shuttle bus, we had to take a taxi because our returning time from medina was put down different than we write down earlier, they changed the paper and told there was only one paper even tho the handwriting had changed.

I liked our room it was big and cozy and next to a pool. The breakfast was good. Hotel staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

All others

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

the food was excellent
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

the rooms not changes enough

the food was excellent

Average stay would of wanted it to be nicer for 5*
    • Standard Double Garden View

Major bee problem Children pool very dirty full of sand and dead bugs Room was smelly

Food was excellent very tasty

bit more food choices

bit more food choices

The food was amazing, good value for money, staff were...
    • Standard Double Garden View

No WiFi in the rooms, noisy

The food was amazing, good value for money, staff were friendly. Good vibe in the hotel especially with young children.

Old place to never come back.
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Old place without maintenance, pools close 6PM.

It's very clean

I Enjoyed my stay at labranda targa aqua park

Far from city centre

I did like the servicethe food diversity. the hotel looks amazing and rooms were very clean

Friendly

No washing machine

Friendly

Not bad

Washroom TV Chanels

Pool

The entertainment staff were lovely and good with both...

No iron in the room. You have to borrow it from reception.

The entertainment staff were lovely and good with both adults and children.

Pleasant stay

Green and good garden

Very clean and great for families

Bit far from the city

Very clean and great for families

Family holiday

Nothing to complain about

Facilities for children and families, food was yummy, staff were excellent

Staff

Everything was good, good food, stuff
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Sometimes drinks was not good,( expml.-tropical juice was only water and color)

Everything was good, good food, stuff

this hotel is a holiday buster nothing good is to be found anywhere in such a big massive hotel

everything

Nice place for families

The spa, dirty, cockrocks and very bed service

Staff

Some foods runs out fairly quickly if you are late for your...
    • Standard Double Garden View

Some foods runs out fairly quickly if you are late for your meal.

I loved staying at this place and will Deffo come back.

Toilets needs upgrading....

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Bathroom and cleaning staff was sluggish

I liked the hotel, swimming pool, the staff, food and everything

Overall it was very good. The fun team was excellent :)
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Water drainage in sink and shower was blocked. There were ants on the bed and floor.

Its a great entertainment place for families.

Everything was just perfect

Everything was just perfect

Food

• Standard Double Garden View

The food was nice but needed more traditional Moroccan food.

Entertainment team were excellent.

L'animation +Securite

More 2 star awful food poor bar service
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Awful food no entertainment poor poor poor never again

4.5
    The food was horible, the staff in restaurents are...
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The food was horible, the staff in restaurents are unfriendly, the service is bad

Value for money
    • Triple Standard Room

- Various food - Pool area with exiting slides - Convenient free shuttle to downtown (every 2 hours from 10 AM) - Kind staff - Value for money

The staff were rude and unfriendly.
    • Standard Double Garden View

The staff were rude and unfriendly.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Didn't like the loud music by the pool area all day long.

Didn't like the loud music by the pool area all day long.

Friendly staff at the restaurant
    • Double Room (2 Adults + 1 Child )

Dirty swimming pool Bad attitude of the receptionists Food not that tasty

Friendly staff at the restaurant

Bad organisation at the reception!

food is not excessive

Bad organisation at the reception!!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Good for family bud staff not good
    • Standard Double Garden View

The staff really not professional. Not pretty

Pool and size of rooms

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Fabulous hotel
    • Family Room Garden View (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I loved everything in this hotel

Browse Labranda Targa Aqua Parc traveller photo gallery