Reviews of Dar Aliane

Mostapha Al Maani, 30000 Fès, Morocco

#53 of 84 B&Bs and Inns in Fès

Based on 243 B&B reviews

• Ourika Double Room

We asked dinner by email without asking for the price (our mistake), and had two small tajines that we payed 320dr, which we found expensive. We had nothing to drink. We were leaving the day after at 7:30 and thus were too late for the breakfast that is starting at 8:00

We stayed there one night before a bus to Chefchaouen. It is very convenient as the bust station CTM was 10mn walking. The room was fine with working wifi.

• Berbere Twin Room

The laundry service is expensive and we didn't use the service. It costs 3 euro per piece.

Staff is nice and helpful. They arranged early breakfast for us as we need to leave in the morning. The room is clean and comfortable. Location is near the CTM bus station and we walked there front the station for about 10-15 minutes. We arrived the CTM bus at night and the taxi charged 30-50 dh. But the location is far from the medina and it costs 20-25dh for taxi at the daytime. But if you take taxi at night, the fee would be a double.

• Atlas Double Room

Room was much smaller than announced in Booking. Com and 10 instead of 35, (just fake), big double bed would be more than 150 cm (we travel with small child - therefore we choose big room with big bed) On top of this there was no excuse for this from owner but charge 20 Mad for refill of filter coffee (not found in any other place in maroc County - just greedy!! Would not choose again!!!!)

Friendly staff

• Orient Double Room

The room barely had space to walk around the bed, and if you are reading this and staying there anyway do NOT end up in the room right behind the reception desk. At all hours of day and night, it seemed, there were check-ins and loud groups hanging out (and this was on a weekday). Awful soundproofing-- we could hear every word spoken.

Staff was ridiculously friendly and quick to please.

• Souss Double Room

The drainae pipes were blocked and water was overflowing.

The atmosphere is really good. There is a pool at the loby and we can eat breakfast there. Breakfast is so good we ate too much. We can go balcony and see the view of town. Location is awesome! It takes about 5 minutes to go to jemaal funa. Staffs are so friendly. I want to go back and stay here again.

• Souss Double Room

No one showed the facilites of the Riad. The staff do not speak any English or Spanish. We are sure that someone entered in our room when we were outside. The Riad is outside of the Medina but the taxi is only 1 euro approximately.

Typical Moroccan decorations. The staff looked friendly, one of them went outside with us to search for a taxi. He prepared us a great Moroccan tea because we had to wait the receptionist for 5 minutes. They clean the room every day.

• Orient Double Room

I rarely leave a negative comment on hotels but if you are 4 star hotel, you should be much and much more better. First of all, I waited approximately 30 minutes for check-in coz there is no staff at the reception and finally charwoman had to check me in but she didn't know English and she dropped my phone while trying to connect me to the wifi. Moreover, wifi did work just in the lobby, it didn't work in my room. Like check-in I had to wait for check-out coz staff told me I had to wait my boss, he only can do this and they wasted my time again and again and even their boss didn't know English. And for the record, their breakfast wasn't satisfying.

• Berbere Twin Room

The hotel is very convenient for going to the CTM station so as going to the Medina. However the room was a bit cold since there was no radiator but an air conditioner. All in all the stay was nice and people are so nice too. The breakfast was great!

• Berbere Twin Room

I’m not sure if the staff was new but there was one woman at the front desk during our entire stay. She was sweet and always tried to be helpful but she took a long time to check us in. When we asked for recommendations for places to see or eat she said she didn’t know because she’s not from the area. Even if she’s not a local, I expect a riad that caters to primarily tourists to make a few simple recommendations. I picked this location because I read reviews that it was within walking distance to the bus station, but when I asked the staff for walking directions they said it would be difficult to walk and hailed a taxi for me instead. So I ended up paying for taxis to both the medina and the bus station. If I had to do it over again, I would pay more money to be closer to either

• Kasbah Twin Room

Nothing. Not in the most exciting area but so easy/cheap to get around in taxis it wasn't a problem!

Great location for us to get onward travel via CTM buses. Manager was so kind and friendly. Dropped us at the bus station himself! Breakfast was yummy and the rooftop terrace beautiful! :)

• Souss Double Room

The bed was comfy, but a little plastic. This became a little warm when laying on it. We had a room where the boiler for the entire hotel seemed to hang. We could hear it whenever someone took a shower.

Breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. Nice shower.

• Souss Double Room

Very warm-hearted staff and great location. As we need to exchange some currency, manager even drove his own car to take us to the nearest bank. Besides, our request of early breakfast was also approved. Great experience!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Tichka Double Room

Water, foods in the hotel are a bit overpriced. Apparently we didn't get the room showing in the booking, without any explanation, changed us to another smaller room .

Garden is nice. Neighbourhood is quiet and convenient.

nothing to say

everyone was lovely from the moment i enter the riad,i had welcome mint tea while they were setting up my room, and the recepcionist even gave me a better room that i booked, loved the breakfast everything very fresh and the staff is very nice. just the recepcionist speaks english the cleaning / cook lady and the only man you will see in the riad they dont speak english but at the end we understand each other.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Ourika Double Room

The staff were friendly and helpfull very peaceful feeling (forgetting you are in the middle of the city) the location was perfect -near the buss stop, decent distance to the medina (quite long walk, short taxi) The room was clean and comfterble

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Orient Double Room

The riad is not close to the medina -although you can call a cab-. The area is quiet, although at night there's nothing interesting to do around, even for dinner.

Staff was great, Marian the receptionist helped us in everything we needed. Good outdoor spaces, quiet area with a school of music nearby. They also had a place to keep our bikes overnight. Good breakfast in terms of amount and quality.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Ourika Double Room

This is the best hotel I've ever slept in. (And I'm traveling everywhere for a year). I was upgraded and the room is really comfortable, clean and pretty. Plus it's really quiet, I slept like a baby every night. The staff is incredibly kind, they always helped me when I had a question, they guided me outside to the taxi station when I didn't know where it was and also to the pharmacy when I needed it. And they offered me a delicious dinner and tea! It's also easy to come from the airport by taxi and it's near the medina (taxi is really cheap from there). I'm coming back in this hotel as soon as I can :)

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Ourika Double Room

Protective under sheet - I took mine off.

Nice comfortable bed, decor very interesting, clean, nice staff. Secure premises. A lot of character. It's located a 9 DH taxi ride to the old town, and a 6 DH rode to the train station which is easy, and no problem for me. CTM bus station is a walkable distance. - Feb 2017

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Kasbah Twin Room

More protein and fruit needed in breakfast. Very limited amount of coffee for breakfast. Overpriced dinner menu. Location in Ville Nouvelle needs clarifying. Very poor information about layout of town. Very cold building generally.

Interesting building with traditional decor. Great bathroom facilities. Courteous staff.

• Atlas Double Room

I don't understand the high rating for this place. For the price (39€!!!) it is barely passable. I am going to assume that a lot of people who don't know what your money can get you in Morocco are staying here. Only reason I booked this place was it is walking distance to the CTM station and I needed to leave very early. Bed hard, bathroom grubby, big courtyard filled of nothing but dirt. Climate control in room was either very hot air or nothing. Breakfast was a pancake and a piece of bread with (very good) orange juice and (very bad) coffee. There isn't any real character here, it's a modern building dressed up to look like a riad. You can get places twice as nice in Fes (think old city) for half the price.

Walking distance from CTM bus station.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Souss Double Room

location in ville nouvelle was perfect - a taxi was 8 dh to the old medina and we were close to the bars of fes. hotel was quiet - exactly what we needed for a good sleep! we stayed an extra night.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Ourika Double Room

The staff of Dar Aliane is so friendly and helpful! The place is lovely and relaxing, with a big open courtyard full of plants. I highly recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Méditerannée Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that you always needed someone to let you in and out the front gate. There were also signs that someone had been using my computer in my room...

Friendly staff for the most, hotel manager speaks english quite well, good breakfast. The location is good. Easy access to everything in downtown Fez.

• Atlas Double Room

Good breakfast. nice staff.

• Atlas Double Room

Room was quite dark, city tax was not included, breakfast was poor, staff was nice but unprofessional

• Ourika Double Room

Amazing staff, perfect room, a real Moroccan building with a huge sunny terrace/garden! Definitely suggested!!!

• Tichka Double Room

The garden full of good vibes relaxing and the staff is great !

• Berbere Twin Room

Paiment was wrong calculated and then refused to pay back the difference. Absolutely unacceptable.

• Kasbah Twin Room

Staff were AMAZING! We felt so wonderfully looked after. Shower was great, beds comfy and it was very close to where we needed to be.

• Berbere Twin Room

Great value for money. Good breakfast and shower.

• Ourika Double Room

Very friendy, clean, confortable, very recommendable.

• Souss Double Room

Clean and traditional style, very helpful staff, tasty breakfast, thank you!

• Berbere Twin Room

The perfume smell was too strong in the room, wi-fi was weak

Nice staff, delicious breakfast

• Orient Double Room

Very friendly staff. Nice small breakfast. We arrived at 5.30 am and the staff was very very friendly

• Ourika Double Room

Not really a 4-star hotel standard as expected. Quite basic.

Location close to CTM station

• Souss Double Room

The staff of Dar Aliane is so friendly and helpful!

• Méditerannée Twin Room

The breakfast can be better.

All the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Souss Double Room

Three cockroaches in the bathroom.

Very good breakfast and very nice people. Comfy room.

• Berbere Twin Room

Very comfort and was clean ever

• Orient Double Room

Staff is good but couldn't speak english, facility is poor.

• Oasis Double Room

Taxi drivers didn't know where it is.

Room was good. Nice hotel in a residential area.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

the breakfast, rooms en garden where very nice.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Ourika Double Room

Nice and helpful hosts. There is a great back yard where you can relax. We had a great traditional moroccan breakfast.

• Berbere Twin Room

Beautiful place , very hospitable staff

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Very good location: close to petit taxis, only a short drive to Medina. Around some local shops and restaurants. Place quiet, easy to rest in, inside the Riad little garden, terraces; open space. Reliable wifi in the room, air-con, english tv. Staff extremely helpful and nice. Felt like at home and would love to be back there again X

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

bed wasn't to comfortable and pillows were square so no good sleep. when you search in booking.com site and filter results has spa it appears the Ryad but doesn't have any facilities there they said were in another Ryad from the same group. Breakfast is poor and charged for extra cup of coffee. still staff needs more training, different experience form a occidental standard hotel 4 stars but is Moroccan people way of doing things and you go for that experience, but that's not the staff responsibility.

Staff was amazing, helpful and always with a beautiful smile along with them, makes you feel good that smile in the morning. still staff needs more training, different experience form a occidental standard hotel 4 stars but is Moroccan people way of doing things and you go for that experience. you can have breakfast in a interior garden that is very pleasant to be there speacially on a hot day. in the overall were pleasant days spent there, but in the Ryad we were the only with guests.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The staff is too relaxed for this type of facility and cleaning level is not very gooeagreei for airplane wasn't even ordered. Bathroom amenities are terrible so bring your own and quality and one per person towels is horrible.

location is ok in New town,and is reasonably close to center( with petit taxi 10-20mad) 30min walk. Breakfast is very nice and bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Room was dark, sockets were broken. We had just only one properly working socket. No vegetables or fuits during the breakfast, roome was noisy. Although, on the website it was written that staff speaks dutch, jewish, italian, spanish, german, english, french and arabic, but reality was that staff spoke just french and arabic. Some of the staff members even did not speak french. On the website it was written that the size of the number was 39 sq. metres, however our room was three times smaller. There is no kitchen, fridge, washing machine as well. These facilities were for staff use, but not for us. We found one cockroach in the garden.

Cozy B&B, friendly staff, especially Mohamed. High WiFi quality.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

The location did not feel safe, we were two women travelling on our own and felt threatened when walking in the local area. This was the first time,we had felt like this, having previously stayed in tangiers, marrakech and chefchaucon. The hotel has closed circuit tv and an electronic gate with buzzer to enter, so this added to our discomfort, knowing it was felt necessary. Our room was very near to the reception and the noise from the receptionist appearing to have very emotional arguments late was not pleasant either, however it was quiet from about 11.30 and we slept well thereafter.

Good value accommodation which was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

We were travelling in December. This place was the coldest place I have ever had the misfortune to experience. Every location was cold. TV is a hybrid flat screen/CRT thing with poor quality picture and reception. The A/C did not work in the 1st room we had, we moved to another room and it was not much better. The beds are small. The rooms are painted in dark colours and it is gloomy in winter. Lighting in rooms dull. Only blankets on the beds, no eider/douvet, bed cold. The bathroom was a bit grubby. The wifi does not work in the rooms you sit in the cold court yard to use it. The staff were very young, disorganised, inexperienced, unhelpful and unprofessional this included allowing a high pressure sales person into the hotel to harass guests/us for town tours. Difficult to get taxi to drive from Medina to hotel.

Leaving.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Wifi connection was poor.

The room was clean. Nice garden in front of our room. Breakfast was excellent. The staffs were helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Breakfast was amazing

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Dar Aliane traveller photo gallery