Reviews of Es Saadi Marrakech Resort - Hotel 5 stars

Rue Ibrahim El Mazini Hivernage, Hivernage, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#692 of 922 hotels in Marrakech

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Sunshine and a friendly staff and a great city to enjoy.
    • Double Room city side

Decor in corridors and rooms is a little dated but not tatty.

Second time we stayed at Es Saadi - very comfortable, excellent staff and a lovely setting. Pool lovely in September sunshine and great for relaxing with good lunches from poolside cafe/bar. Greaat base for exploring Marrakesh and beyond and handy for city but a quiet location.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I did enjoy it and I would go back.
    • Double Room city side

Internet was impossible. Never stayed in a hotel with such bad internet. Room service was extremely friendly but I kept on ordering hot water and getting tea. Also said no bread and kept on getting bread.

The staff was very helpful. Rooms was good. I enjoyed my stay as the location was perfect for my purpose. Food was excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Breakfast was good.
    • Double Room city side

Staff at the reception was very unprofessional, check in took over 20 minutes; at 1730 you're asked to leave the pool... Mini bar in the room was empty and there wasn't even the usual complimentary water in the room. Clean and acceptable for one night, but not even close to 4*, let alone 5*...

Breakfast was good.

breakfast was okay at least better than in other breakfast...
    • Double Room city side

view of the room, thin windows, in general a bit "old-fashioned" hotel and would be nice to make some brush-ups here and there

breakfast was okay at least better than in other breakfast buffet style hotels. coffee was good. room size also location was actually really good (very close to the old town but fare away to not be stressed by the busyness and crowdiness of it) fancy clubs, restaurant in walking distance or short taxi ride away

Luxury living in Marrakech.
    • Double Room - Pool Side

Little to improve on unless you are dedicated to new century features.

One of the oldest grand hotels in Marrakech. A sixties palace with wonderful service and excellent food in the restaurant and delicious omelettes made to order for breakfast. Great pool and massage plus excellent Wifi.

Great resort to be in Marrakech, within 8mins drive from major tourist attractions and airport !
    • Double Room city side

I am fine with overall facilities and service given. But just that the great floor lobby restaurant where i had my dinner, the food was horrible. Steak wasn't seasoned and was tasteless. Spaghetti was too creamy and too bland. Ordered a hot starter pan fried foie gras but they served me a cold starter foie gras parfait. Anyhow, i enjoyed the moroccan wine a lot. Service and ambience on point, but only the food needs more improvement.

I like the location whereby it is near to the tourist attraction as well as the airport. And having casino and nightclubs within a 2minute walk from the room. There's nothing much to complain about and they did a great job !

Nice hotel in Marrakech
    • Single Room Pool side

Location is subjective. While it is good for conference, it could be a little far away from the city but it's really not that far away as well.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Great Location with access to restaurants, activities, shopping and night life
    • Double Room city side

Nothing special to mention.

I like the location, the access to night life and the pool / garden. The staff are friendly and professional. I like the overall service.

Facilities and location
    • Double Room city side

The amount of time taken to check in(1.5hrs plus) and also because 1 passport did not have an entry number recorded, instead of hotel calling police for number, we had to go to the police station to obtain by taxi

Facilities and location

Great location, lovely pool, nice breakfast BUT NOT FIVE STAR!
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

No cold drink as a welcome arrival - NOT A FIVE STAR - We booked two adults one child and only got a double room. They had to bring a third bed in and put it in the small hall outside bathroom. Lots of bruised shins!

Great location, pool nice breakfast nice Ironing service very quick and very friendly. Door staff very friendly. Sight seeing bus stop only a stroll away. Would recommend this hotel just for those reasons.

Best Hotel service in Marrakech
    • Double Room city side

Hotel location is excellent (usualy used stay at Sofitel). its very close to restaurants and Djamaa Lafna square. Hotel is good place to unwind its very quite huge garden and pool. Staff service was excellent especially guest relationship manager his name was Ahmed Farihi. This person was super helpful and made my stay at Essadi very enjoyable. Thanks so much for the birthday surprise (cake & lovely flowers) it really made my stay at Essadi a holiday to remember. I will definetly return back myself and my parent. you have earned our loyalty. thanks again to the breakfast staff (Rachid and rest of staff) you were all very helpful and professional. highly recommended

Out restaurant ....amaizing
    • Double Room city side

The restaurant service ,very bad service ,to slow ,the menu don’t gave the detailles ,you have to ask many times to received what you need ......really sad

Reception and swiming pool team are very profesional ....they made our Weekend

It’s time for a makeover!
    • Double Room - Pool Side

- outdated design - no ventilation in the toilet = smells - small beds - Small and crowded pool hard to find a place (guests putting there stuff and vanishing doesn’t help. This should be forbidden to hold on to a relaxer and go take a 3 hours nap) - staff don’t greet you unless you do - no toilet paper in the pool toilet flooded with water - heavy keys (we got only 1 and were 2. Had to wake my friend at 4am to get in) - the Staff members with Suits (managers or policemen?) were rude and unprofessional. They dont smile at all and gave me the impression i was under surveillance. All in all, its hard to believe this is a 5 stars hotel. It was probably the case 50 years ago.

- Location - Access to Theatro (night club)

service

cramped pool area bathroom slightly small for a 5*

service breakfast 60's vintage feeling of the building quietness of Hivernage concierge and staff

So terrible for what you pay!!!
    • Double Room city side

Ok so this supposed to be a nice fancy resort in a great location but this hotel needs a major MAKEOVER. Upon arrival the check-in guy wasn’t the nicest and kinda rude, my flight was delayed 2 hours at night so I didn’t arrive until 1 am so the last thing I needed was that guy. The room was small and super basic and not what you’d think over 300 dollars for two nights would get you here because there are MUCH MORE better places to stay in with the same amenities for a fraction of the price, just nearby. Robbery. I think it’s because of “the name” but gimme a break. There is no ventilation in the bathroom so it smells. It’s an old room. The TV has only NEWS CHANNELS!!! Again this is a “resort hotel” and the TV in the room had only 3 basic news channels to watch in English. When you’re on vacation you’d like to take a break from the world’s tragedies and maybe find a movie or a show to watch while you’re relaxing after being out all day, or before you go to sleep but they don’t offer you that here. I was shocked. Like really?? I know places for 30 bucks a night next door that have way more and movie channels to keep you entertained. The food was horrible. I ordered room service twice and the food was not that great. And not that many options on the menu. An old guy who brought me up my food the first time during the night was very kind and sweet but that was about it. Water pressure sucked. Sorry guys but you need to improve DRASTICALLY and ASAP and not have your guests over-pay for trash accommodation. The pool isn’t even that special.

Nothing. Maybe the nice receptionist I expressed my disappointment to.

Good venue foe a family get togei
    • Double Room city side

Fairly central location and within walking distance of the Main Square. Reliable lift access to upper floors . Helpful and attentive staff, particularly at the breakfast buffet. Extensive selection at the breakfast buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the omelettes being made -to your own requirements. Our room was on the City side of the hotel and there was acceptable noise from traffic.

The location was perfect, the pool was very nice and you are...
    • Double Room city side

We found hair in the bathroom, the key was heavy, the breakfast was noting special. The Hotel need to do renovation.

The location was perfect, the pool was very nice and you are able to walk around the Palace.

I like hotel but serves It's very bad
    • Double Room city side

I don't like people in the reception ther is one gusy in the morning I ask him about invoice he see can not give its to you ???? I make the payment before I came to the hotel this is very bad experience for me In this hotel ?!

I like hotel but serves It's very bad

Spotless hotel with an amazing pool.
    • Double Room city side

The hotel is slightly older but for us it added to its charm

Spotless hotel with an amazing pool. The beds were wonderfully comfy and the service was great. Breakfast was also a highlight with various fresh juices

Relaxing and nice hotel, but receptionist should not lecture guests
    • Double Room city side

The receptionist lectured us that we left the room at 13.45, 15 minutes latter than the arrangement. We agreed the day before that we will leave the room at 13.30 as we use the hammam service from 12. It run a bit late, that was the reason for our "unforgivable" 15 minutes delay. I felt acqward being lectured by the staff.

We received a fruit and sweets basket at arrival in our room, that was a real surprize. The pool service and the hammam was excellent. The breakfast is very good, many choices.

Very enjoyable
    • Double Room city side

The poolside cuisine is still somewhat lacking,, the ice cream served is still of poor quality

The hotel is very comfortable and they have vastly improved the air-conditioning since our last visit.

Great short trip in excellent location
    • Double Room city side

The pool was overcrowded with nowhere near enough sun beds

The hotel was nice but had use of the palace facilities which were nicer. Great gym, yoga classes, spa there

Beds were really comfortable, nice pool area
    • Double Room city side

Hotel a little dated, needs refurbishing, keys also need replacing they are huge and very heavy, service at the bar area was terrible, waited 40 minutes before being brought the food menu, considering there was only 1 other group of people at the bar and 2 bar staff this is unacceptable

Beds were really comfortable, nice pool area

Perfect location
    • Double Room - Pool Side

The furniture needs renewsal and they should use more technology. This is the first time I use metal room keys in a hotel in the past 5 years

Perfect location

Nice hotel, lovely gardens, good location.
    • Double Room - Pool Side

Very nice hotel in a good location. Lovely gardens and pool and it was only a short walk to the main square and the big mosque. The breakfast was great.

Pleasant and relaxing. Good value for money but dated
    • Double Room city side

The hotel bathrooms are starting to be dated with baths and towels needing to be renewed. The plug sockets in my room didnt work either

I found the hotel staff overall friendly and helpful but at check in they were not very engaged with us and we did not get our drink on arrival. Hotel staff overall were pleasant and the breakfast was great

Excellent breakfast buffet and fantastic staff
    • Double Room city side

We booked the hotel because it had a heated pool. We were only told on check in that to access these it would be approximately £100 for the both of us - a dissapointment. As such, we had to book a spa day at another hotel.

Excellent breakfast buffet and fantastic staff

My third but probably my final stay here
    • Double Room - Pool Side

The service at breakfast was haphazard. Items ordered often didn't arrive. The last morning I pointed out that the tables weren't laid out with teaspoons but the issue was treated with sarcastic contempt by the waiter (who then put six on my table as if to give me the two fingers) and the head waiter trying to resolve the issue said that guests took them for use in their rooms ... !! Oh dear - such is the level of trust in this five star hotel.

A lovely characterful long established hotel in glorious grounds and overall good facilities

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Holiday in Marrakech
    • Double Room city side

Only few of the Staff spreaks english. It is very hard to communicate.

It is very accesible, just a walking distance on the local market & some historocal landmarks. Breakfast buffet is good.

Wouldn't recommend
    • Double Room city side

The rooms/bathrooms need renovation outdated/old furniture, cracked tiles in the bathroom staff needs to be more trained/professional. Definitely nowhere close to a 5-star experience

The Location

Lovely Place
    • Double Room city side

A beautiful, peaceful setting. After the crowded spaces in the Medina it was nice to return here. We ate at one of the restaurants and enjoyed the green spaces and grand lobby. The rooms were very comfortable too.

Good place to stay for the price paid - good service and food
    • Double Room city side

I would say it's at most a 4 stars but it is ok for what we have spent. If you want pure luxury, you can go to the Palace attached to the hotel, it's a true 5 stars.

The resort is very well located. The breakfast was good, rooms as dated but all you need is there except for a coffee maker. All you take in the mini bar is to be charged to you, including water so this is why it's not a 5 stars. The service at the pool was great and the food too. I booked on my way from Casablanca and therefore with WiFi problems I ended up by booking 2 rooms due to the "buy this" coming twice. The hotel didn't want to refund me but accepted for us to stay one more night instead which was great.

The room was so old and no complimentary water at all if you wanna water by 2 euro from mini bar!
    • Double Room city side

Entrance for the hotel connecting with car parking after midnight you have to access from disco side even with kids U have to pass security guards working in disco with lane of whores and drunk people!

Staff were great!!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double Room - Pool Side

We had our purse stolen from our room with 2 credit cards and cash. I left my bag in the room while having breakfast and the room was clean during that time. When we went back after breakfast purse was missing. Hotel didn't take any responsibility and said that we might lost it. That was impossible as we had it that morning Really disappointed in a five star hotel.

Comfortable hotel with an amazing swimming pool

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

One of the best Hotels in center of Marrakech. Excellent Services, SPA and huge garden
    • Suite (2 Adults)

Little noise from neaby street but coveted by the huge natural park whete the hotel is situatedOne

We were actually upgraded and stayed in the Palace Essadi Junior Suite. The service was excellent and personnel very professional. The swiming pool and SPA are one of the best in Mattakech

Not bad
    • Single Room city side

Intrent verrrrry bad the price 4 the room high and why still use kee 4 the room they want 2 be tradationl it is headic

Location staff food good casino

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Lovely, relaxing and happy holiday
    • Double Room city side

The Resort Hotel was built around early 60's and the rooms are very clean with small balconies either overlooking the pool or the front. The bathrooms could do with re-vamping and I understand that this is probably being done this coming year. The hotel has been owned by the same French family since 1958 and

The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The gardens are lovely and we always enjoy eating breakfast outside under the trees by the pool and garden. The hotel has a lovely position in the Hivernage, within 15-20 minutes easy walk to the City Walls, the new town and the shopping Mall (all in different directions). The restaurants in both the Resort Hotel and the Palace and Casino are good. There are a number of restaurants within a few minutes walk which are also excellent. I first went in the 70's and have been 5 times. We prefer the Resort hotel to the Palace as it has, in our opinion, a much cosier atmosphere. Most guests are not English and come individually and many, over again.

Nice but not great
    • Double Room city side

Room was very noisy, smoke smell everywhere, even in our non-smoking room. The greatest disappointment- restaurant by the pool. After we waited a few minutes to be seated - they were only 2 or 3 tables with customers administrator passed through to great some party that came after us. Then finally we were sitted. The table was just empty: no napkins, no silverware, no glasses - just nothing. There were plenty of tables by the window, we were not even asked where we wanna sit. When the menu arrived, we were only given fixed menu. We do not aprreciate such treatment especially when prices are $$$$. We decided to leave and had a great dinner in another restaurant in the property, third floor of the Palace.

Bar, huge heated pool, breakfast variety and quality, restaurant in Palace, nice beds

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Nice Property and Lobby, room not so much...
    • Double Room city side

- Room was small - Hotel is OLD and seems like luxury hotel from 70s or may be 80s

- Friendly and accomdating staff - Good continental breakfast, eggs, latte, fruits, croissants, Juices - Balcony in the room - Nice pool area - Beautiful big property. We walked every day after breakfast around villas (part of hotel). Awesome morning walk. - Horse Carts stop is just around the corner for quick ride to many attraction, the square, etc. - Marina Mall was short 10 mins walk. Tons of food option in the awesome open air food court.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Good location, breakfast was great & staff very friendly...
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Receptionist could be a little more professional when talking, also more staff needed for check in as it was very slow.

Good location, breakfast was great & staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

So & so
    • Double Room city side

The receptionist are not enough proffesionel to deal with all guest. I have big challlenge with reception to get refund as i paid extra amount The same case happen two time As i stay to time in this hotel The supervisor loubna was helpful Except her the reception need some work and training

The room was clean The houskeeping team are very friendlly and nice The valet parking so helpful

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Many staff very pleasant.
    • Double Room - Pool Side

Checkout was a most unpleasant experience when they questioned my statement that the bill was wrong, and then accepted it ungracefully. Pool closes early.

Many staff very pleasant. Comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

A lovely stay in a Charming Hotel, beautiful grounds, great location, and attentive staff,,
    • Double Room city side

The shower in our room needed replacing, we had to keep asking for hand towels in the beginning then it was ok ,, we noticed at breakfast dirty plates were not taken away so quickly... and poolside the food was just o.k .. .. but will definitely hope to return ..

Breakfasts were delicious great choice ,, and excellent coffee... The lobby and all areas had a lovely ambiance ...old world charm ,, plus a lovely large pool and beautiful gardens

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Location is great very push area
    • Double Room city side

The AC in our room was bad

Location is great very push area Rooms are clean big

Hotel location

Hotel doesnt deserve to be a 5* star hotel believe me

Hotel location

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

• Single Room Pool side

All

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Only good for the location.
    • Double Room city side

Poor attitude of staff. Dated rooms and furniture. No AC.

Very nice lobby and pool area
    • Double Room - Pool Side

Hotel and rooms are „getting old“ - maybe the best time is gone already!

Very nice lobby and pool area

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The garden is wonderful

I don't remember :-)

The garden is wonderful

Unfortunately the Wi-Fi connection is virtually inexistent...
    • Double Room city side

Unfortunately the Wi-Fi connection is virtually inexistent in the room. I couldn't even consult my email in the bedroom.

Lovely relaxing stay

Lovely staff. Gorgeous Pool. Big bed. Great location

Friendly and pleasant personnel in the hotel
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Food poisoning from restaurant food

Friendly and pleasant personnel in the hotel

Not being honest on arranging transfers, based on number of...
    • Single Room city side

Not being honest on arranging transfers, based on number of rooms used NOT number of passengers

Miserable unhelpful staff.
    • Double Room - Pool Side

Miserable unhelpful staff. Phone system out of the ark.

Very good
    • Double Room city side

Comfy bed, good staff and great food. Good quality hotel

Close to all areas including airport.
    • Double Room - Pool Side

That the staff was trying to get tips in everything they do.

Walking distance to city centre and old medina

Quality- and the use of the Palace
    • Suite (2 Adults)

Quality- and the use of the Palace

We did not enjoy our stay at all
    • Double Room city side

Rooms are obsolete and dirty, terrible smell from the toilet, very noisy from outside and corridors.

Only lication

Outdated decor

Outdated decor Old fashioned bathroom The hotel should be classified as 3 star

Very good in general = to repeat

The less good : The room ( need new doors ) and the morning noise in corridor

The best : The gardens and the staff ( amazing)

Great stay. Worth paying the day rate to use the pools at the Palace Hotel located in the grounds .
    • Double Room city side

Rooms, although perfectly adequate are a little tired.

Friendly people, good location, lovely gardens, good breakfast.

Terrible
    • Double Room - Pool Side

The receptionist was extremely rude, we were kept awake by noise outside and in the corridor

They should vary their food options a littler bit about the...
    • Double Room - Pool Side

They should vary their food options a littler bit about the same for many years now

the stuff was nice and the room clean.
    • Double Room city side

the stuff was nice and the room clean. excellent breakfest

Overall comfortable stay. Good value. Excellent location.
    • Double Room city side

Poor ventilation in bathroom which left an unpleasant smell after showering.

Very clean, very central
    • Double Room - Pool Side

Rooms are very old and should be renovated Fitness only at the Palace (didn‘t say on the website)

Very clean, very central

Very old and dirty rooms and hallways.
    • Double Room city side

Very old and dirty rooms and hallways.

Will be back

Breakfast setup slow

Living up to its standards.

We had a pleasant stay and the heated swimming pool was a bonus.
    • Double Room city side

The hotel was beginning to look a little dated.

The staff were very pleasant.

Would recommend
    • Double Room city side

Beautiful very comfortable place and very attentive staff and very interesting place

Great place with a perfect service

The service was amazing

• Double Room city side

Very good for a few days winter sunshine.
    • Double Room - Pool Side

Being woken at 5am each morning as very noisy people left the Casino.

The spa & massage

Location is excellent.
    • Double Room city side

The bar area is a bit boring

Location is excellent. Direct excess to Teatro Nightclub and the Casino. Breakfast was good. Staff is friendly

Breakfast could have been better