Reviews of Hôtel Farah Casablanca 5 stars

160 avenue des Far, 22050 Casablanca, Morocco

#42 of 62 hotels in Casablanca

6.2

This was the most discussing place I ever stay on! The staff didn’t help us with the baggage and the room was dirty and with bad air conditioning. I stay here for 6 years ago but in that time the name of the hotel was GOLDEN TULIP FARAH , they change it to Farah Maghreb! Don’t stay here cuz this is not 5 star hotel at all!

• Deluxe Double Room

We had reserved the rooms through Booking.com, but when we arrived at about 23:00 they had given the rooms away. They did eventually find us rooms, after 90 minutes and zero communication. The staff were not at all friendly or helpful. My colleague had to cut short his trip by one night and despite the fact they could obviously sell already reserved rooms they charged us full for his extra night. Had they not been so insulting at both check in and check out we might have tolerated this, but manners are not something they know about. If you want friendly customer service and a guaranteed room when you have booked in this is not the hotel for you. We will not use it again

Rooms were clean and adaquate for what was needed and not bad for the price paid

• Deluxe Double Room

The coffee machine in the buffet breakfast still improvable. A 5 star hotel should have fresh coffee.

It has been some time since I came last time and I notice it has improved. During my last visit i found many problems related to maintenance, but this time everything was working fine. Also the breakfast has improved. Before I could say that it was expensive for the services, but now, it is a good deal.

• Deluxe Double Room

The swimming pool roof leaked and parts of the spa complex were not open. Pigeons were roosting under the domed roof and their droppings were in evidence on the area around the pool which was nevertheless clean and we enjoyed our swims in good clean refreshing water. Our room keys needed to be reset on a daily basis when we returned to the hotel after a day out.

Hotel Farah is 5 mins walk from the main station (which has a good half hourly shuttle service connection to the airport) and the hotel is within walking distance of good restaurants and old markets. It had a swimming pool and good choice of dining. Bedrooms were spacious and the bathrooms were good with a fast flowing shower and quite roomy. Lots of storage space in the room as well as a combination safe for personal valuables. A good comfortable double bed and lots of power outlets which, although needing European adapters, were numerous enough to meet our charging needs. The windows opened so we could enjoy fresh air too. Lifts were fast and plentiful. Breakfast was generous and scrummy. The staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

pictures of the hotel do not match the real rooms, negatively effected the dependability of booking.com. there was cockroach in the bathroom when we checked in, dirty bed and floors, awful and very expensive breakfast. amenities are bot enough, only shower gel and shampoo, definitely don't meet the expectations of a 5 star hotel. gym was closed, pool was terrible. i strongly recommend not to stay at this hotel !!!!

wifi was good, location was good

• Deluxe Double Room

mattress springs were knackered, felt like i was rolling off the bed. no one used swimming pool . pigeons inside the complex, bird droppings in the pool. very dirty. No way would i have let my son swim in it. asked concierge for help with swapping bed, they didnt want to know until you paid them a tip. terrible service. Otherwise, reception were very polite and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

The pool was cold and the area around it and woodwork was warped dangerous and mouldy. The air conditioning didn’t work in the room. The windows rattled and were draughty.

It was safe

• Deluxe Double Room

Service was excellent. Couldn't ask for better food. There was no towels in the room. Understandably why wash what you don't use. I see it as an energy efficient establishment. Only ask for what you need

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff at the check-in The lack of knowledge of The check-in staff & attitude The rotten walls The shower pressure The room window with a wall as a view No one will help you with your luggage Please keep in mind when booking any “5 star” hotel in Morocco, that Moroccan standards are probably really low as the hotels that don’t even deserve 2 stars, are rated 5. This is not the first time I’ve experienced this, but on multiple occasions. Better to stay with a known group if you are looking for the best.

The bed was the only decent thing in the hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

All of the above and needs a LOT repeat LOT of work done to it.

Buffet breakfast cold, 2 people in room but only 1 of everything supplied, no towels, no milk for tea/coffee, 1sachet coffee, 1 bathroom glass which was still dirty from last guest, carpet threadbare and stained, noisy, bathroom bin peddle didn’t work so had to lift by hand which wasnt heigenic overall glad to get out of the hotel after 3 days.

• Deluxe Double Room

Gym is closed. Already for longer time. Pool is in very bad condition. Dangerous to walk on the wooden floor. Most of the accomodations/rooms need some renovation.

• Deluxe Single Room

Eventhough ı paid fully for the rıom they temporarirly charged my card 125 usd. And to recredit after check out...

The room was very specious and modern.

• Deluxe Double Room

Stuff told Me you that I can’t talk fiancy to my room , this un professional I am paying I can and I can’t be with my fiancy. I am not with the Farah hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

The air conditioning was not working in the hotel and my room was very warm. I have requested to change my room after the first night. The main issue was when I first requested to change my room, I have been told that there is no availability. The next day, I escalated the issue and got my room changed.

• Deluxe Single Room

There was much to commend Farah Casablanca, as a pretty solid, central option for those visiting the city - particularly for work purposes. While many of the staff were attentive and thoughtful - including a chap on reception whose name I didn't catch, but he was born in mid October 1988 - other staff members on reception were fairly hopeless. Twice I was asked to come to reception then stood around for 25 minutes without being spoken to, sometimes there would be three people 'on' but no one dealing with customers, other times people were just stood behind reception and - when asked - would tell you they were off-shift and not in a position to help. This is customer service basics. Other reception service was just slow - and I'm a patient guy - and never eeever ask them to print something off for you. I never found out how many Farah Casablanca staff members it takes to work the printer...but the answer is greater than four!

• Deluxe Double Room

First of all checking in was a joke, checking my passport as if I was a migrant, even had to get a mate to clarify my visa, that was offensive, how did I get through the airport in the first place!!! The check in wasn't straight forward, get to the room there's no pillow covers, only one cup provided, charged for water! Offensive, the management stafff was a joke, ordered for airport transfer!!!! Never turned up, nearly missed my flight. The whole hotel is a joke, probably the worst I've been to!!!!!!

Disgusted that's all I can say

• Deluxe Double Room

every thing .the hotel needs total renovation

a 3 star discised in a 5 star lobby.dirty rooms,worn out towels ,bed sheets and curtains. very bad internet conection. location is realy bad if you want to walk around the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

The reception provided foreign exchange service at similar rates to the bank, very convenient for new arrivals with limited cash. Good location near city centre.

• Deluxe Double Room

All was perfect and as excepted and more .

Everything Location - staff very friendly lovely and helpful- very safe - near from everywhere It is my second home in Casablanca and always book in it Thanks for everyone make my stay amazing .

• Deluxe Double Room

They do not keep drinking water and self coffee maker or tea maker in the room as other Hotels offer for Guests.

Very good Hotel with high order of hospitality offered by all especially Reception manager mr.mohamed.

• Deluxe Double Room

I was double charged by Booking.com (on Nov 15, 2017) and then by the hotel who said no pre-payment was received (on Dec 16, 2017 when we checked in). Pls refund me one of the payment.

• Executive Double Room

Old furniture in rooms(not like 5 star), so rude room service, there is no WATER or heater in rooms, even there is no glass for water.. all services extra including water, no enough people who know English, broken lamps and items in room, low interest to clients from staff, SLOW reception

Just clean bathroom

• Deluxe Double Room

The Mosque is in the garage. The prayer area smells like cats and the carpets and walls need to be cleaned or renovated. Also, the garage and lobby was cold. Breakfast is very expensive at a flat rate. They should give the option of flat rate and give individual pricing for selected dishes. Rooms are small. Didn’t like shower without a glass door. Caused me to worry about water flooding the bathroom floor.

Beautiful facility and nice staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

Two main problems are necessary to be asked:1.When I checkout, the manager in the hall told me to pay the city taxs for 2 persons, I told him I traveled alone, but he said cause the room I booked was for two persons. That was the most satiric reason I have heard, I have traveled for many times, have never seen a hotel like this before, what the f@@k. 2.I came to this hotel because it includes a gym here, I thought it could be used for bodybuilding. But it is closed for no reason. Broken? No one but the hotel knows.

There is nothing can be satisfied, none.

• Deluxe Double Room

The Wifi was a little weak, we had to step out of our room to get good internet connection. Perhaps, it was because we were on the 15th floor.

The hotel is located in a good location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely come back and stay at this hotel.

• Deluxe Single Room

The location one of the major reasons that I had chosen that hotel I thought that it will be good hotel but unfortunately I didn't found even bottle of water in the room and they during my check in hold amount for no reason since I had already paid all the charge of the room before check in....!!!!!!!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

Very unfriendly and unprofessional service. The receptionist Kamal A. did not bother to welcome us or even say Hi when we arrived to check-in. He let us wait in front of the reception, while he was busy browsing through his computer. Next, when he finally bothered to give us a look he was being very rude asking for a reservation number (which he could not even find until his colleague joined) Personally, I consider the service at a Hotel very crucial from welcoming up until the check-out. This hotel failed miserably and did not manage any of my expectations. Please do not bother to try this one. Best regards, A mistreated guest.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Even though we had a reservation, we have spent lots of time at the reception to get through... and after all, they gave us a used room that they did not clean at all after the previous customer left... eventually they prepared the room after all, however, in the middle of our sleep we start hearing water dripping from the ceiling, it was the AC duct.. I gave up and did not even reported as I know they their answer like they did not know about it. also, the reception was full of smoke, just like walking into a bar full with smokers... If you want to stay at this hotel, don't go during the weekend, it is full of smoke, poor in cleanness and management... to be frank, it is a 4 stars hotel with one start management.

facility is not bad during the week. a typical 4-stars hotel, but during the weekend, it is something else..

Hot rooms , air condation not working well and no one fixed it.. My friend changed room for 4 rooms and all r same problem hot i told stuff next day they said yeah change hotel better

• Deluxe Single Room

A bit noisy from roadside. Rest all good

Good location, great staff specially Ms. AMAL from back office reservations. Super friendly and helpful. She made sure that the stay was perfect

• Deluxe Double Room

I have spent alot of time in various hotels in Casablanca. You would expect a 5* to better than this. So... Here is my experience. I arrive at the hotel, go straight to reception. He is unsure if I even have a reservation. So he takes my passport. He then looks shocked because my surname is Majeed. [No problem]. He confirms that I am staying for only one night. Then he tells me he would like my business debit card for PRE AUTHORISATION? I asked what is this, he told me we do not take any of your money. We only take it when you leave the hotel. My room was just over 700DH (Lucky me) however this guy wanted to pre authorise my stay for 1500DH!!!! So the card "declined" he tried again the card "declined" he tried again only this time trying for 1000DH and it was accepted. I then go to my room. I check my bank account and 4000DH was taken out of my bank account. I go straight back to reception and show them my online banking and demand an explanation. I was told to calm down and it's my banks fault. They taken no responsibility at all and frankly they did not care. I couldn't call my bank as it was Saturday evening and they close on Sunday. So I try to continue my night as best as I could, I invited a friend for dinner at the restaurant, the restaurant was Dead!! I order a bottle of wine and my friend ordered a soda. Now what these waiters didn't realise was Is that I know a little bit of French Arabic. They basically start to insult us and also talking about that I drink and my friend doesn't. The way they were talking was disgusting. When I approached the waiter he was left red faced laughing pretending that he didn't understand. The next day I go to check out and they ask for card Again!! At this point I am so calm and collected, as I had to be Pre meditated for approaching the reception desk. I reversed their customer services on them.

NOTHING!

• Deluxe Double Room

Wash room is not designed properly.bath tub was very high and there are chances of falling .Even swimming pool is having deep height.

Location was excellent.

• Deluxe Single Room

I am still waiting for my deposit to be credited to my bank account. The hotel cancelled the the deposit charge on July 11. But I still don't have the money back in my account.

Accommodations were excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room

Over priced. Charged more than agreed upon. Airport taxi price quoted twice as high as the going rate. Lack of transparency.

Food was decent in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything, it doesn't worth even the 3rd star, nether the less a 5 star Hotel, the room was too small, there was cracks all over the room, the AC didn't work, the bathtub isn't clean, the minibar was empty, no boiler, no tea, no coffe, the underground parking was a disaster. Never ever going back to this hotel in my whole life, and I wouldn't recommend it on any circumstances.

• Deluxe Single Room

The employees were super rude with no manners and there was a receptionist called WIDAD she didn't have any manners speaking to me along with my family also she charged me for an amount using my credit card without telling me how much was it and in which currency until I received my bank s message. I had an awful and horrible stay in that hotel. My advice to you all s to keep away from it.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

the room we get was very small, the bed head was terrible, when you get inside the room you feel depressing. staff was same last year, did not improve any.

i was there last year, now it's just getting worse, i don't wonder why the ratings are lower than before

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

To use a room for a private meeting was a bit expensive, like $300 Canadian per day. I found that to be a bit too much. Instead I sat in the lobby in a quiet corner and spoke to my clients.

The staff were great, the room was fantastic and the buffet breakfast.....well a wonderful assortment of different types of foods for the international palate. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The wifi is terrible there is no internet connection in the room. They come at 8am in the morning to clean my room and every half hour they are knocking on the door to finish the room.

The room & bathroom is clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioning did not work at all!!! Hot sticky, uncomfortable nights. The fan didn't work for the air conditioning and the rooms had a smelly egg odour due to this. Had to change rooms twice , first time bedroom was used a storage for cushions and pillows, second time , rooms stank of smoke on the non smoking floor. Reception staff were rude at times almost ignoring us while we were waiting to be served. Flies around the hotel due to air con not functioning properly. Gym and pool both closed due to renovation.

Breakfast buffet was ok, although they sent us down to the cafe because there was a tour group booked for the usual restaurant. Staff in the restaurant friendly enough, although they only had one set of salt and pepper bottles for the whole restaurant so had to ask many times for salt and pepper. Concierge staff were friendly although reception staff need more training in customer service. Hotel lobby had plenty of seating and a grand piano.

• Junior Double Suite

Not good lighting in the bedroom. Not all electricity plugs were working. Very slow and problematic wifi connection. Majority of staff did not speak English. Very difficult to communicate with them, even if they did speak English. They never replenished my water bottle and tea and coffee facilitites after the initial stock (which was one water bottle and 2 tea bags), although this was included in my room facilities/amenities. The towels did not look very clean. They were very thin and not very white. My booking included the airport transfer and cost, BUT I had difficulties communicating with the hotel to book this transfer. When they confirmed it, it was for the wrong day, time and flight! The English message I received was incomprehensible. I had to ask one of my business colleagues in Casablanca to sort this out and confirm the transfer for me. My flight arrived in the early hours of the day, and when I arrived at the hotel at 02.00 am, the staff at reception gave me a very hard time concerning the payment of the airport transfer by the hotel. The driver was waiting to get paid on the spot. The staff at reception insisted that I pay and that the hotel never paid the airport transfer. I had to insist many times that he look into my booking details, which he was refusing to do. At the end, I had to be very firm and angry (at 02.00 am!!) that I was NOT paying and that he show me the booking details which said (as he was claiming) that I had to pay the airport transfer. He finally looked at the booking details and paid the driver with a not so polite manner, after having me sign a receipt that this was paid. It took me 30 minutes in front of the reception desk at 02.00 am in order to finalise my check in!!!! One day before check out, I went and asked to see my bill, and found that I was charged for the airport transfer!!!!!!!

The Junior Suite room I stayed at was decent in size and furniture. It had 1 wc and 1 bathroom, one living room and the bedroom. Bed was comfortable. Room size decent.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Leaving a security deposit when arriving with my family was sort of unprofessional. We travel a lot in and out of Morocco and we have never dealt with this!

A lot of things were very good at Farah Casablanca. Location was excellent. The room was fairly comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good too.

• Deluxe Single Room

AC was centrally off. it was terribly hot in the room. The fact that staff block 2000 MAD from your credit card as a pre-authorization; a practice that is not seen anywhere else around the world.

Cleanliness Location

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Room dirty dusty and staplers on the floor. Furniture warned out. TV sound doesn't go with pict!? Hotel service takes forever to install one TV channel. We requested iron board which was brownish stained. Toilet no water hose in it.AC hot, no matter temperature or fan speed adjustment we had to open window for air flow. Wardrobe smelly not enough hungers. Breakfast just OK.

Location 10 minutes to cast Port train station

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

thefts, they charge you double the price when you arrive with no explanations, YOU HAVE TO PAY DEPOSIT, food is garbage and cold, staff are lazy, you have to wait 1 hour to get your change back. they refuse to return the deposit because no one SPEAK ENGLISH, they will do anything to take your money, 3 stars is too much, AVOID all cost.

The location is the only thing good about this hotel, but you cannot sleep because of the traffic noise and loud staff.

Ftour

• Executive Single Room

The location is great. Minutes from the train station (Caza Port) and right beside the bus station (CTM).

• Deluxe Double Room

amazing hotel very nice and clean staff very helpful, and we had a very good time there

• Deluxe Double Room

Check in process takes ages and fill out lot's of forms, expensive restaurant and in room food

Location is good and clean

• Deluxe Double Room

Is the worst breakfast in the world

Breakfast is bad

• Deluxe Single Room

Nice room and very helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything else was just terrible (period).

Clean. Friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

At breakfast staff were not very helpful. If you asked for a tea it took ages.

• Deluxe Double Room

Internet access irregular and sometimes very poor!

The coffee

The breakfast was copious. You had a different variety of foods to eat from

• Deluxe Double Room

They steal tips steal tips steal tips beg for tips I feel am in the street not in hotel

They take tips from the change they should give you

• Deluxe Single Room

Good staff specially umama at front desk was very kind and helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

Towels was not clean enough.. rooms are quite old

Location is good

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff in reception are unfriendly ( the aren't even smilling lol)

Good Location , and big thanks to the man who holds my luggages

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff was extra polite. they would go out of their way to accommodate English speaking nationals

• Deluxe Single Room

Car's garage was sooooo bad. It's really terrible

Location of the hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

Rude staff and tired decor of room

Reception area

• Deluxe Double Room

No gym , staff attitude, no iron

L attente au Check out

La flexibilité du personnel au Check in

No comments

No comments

Every thing

Every thing

Little stressful to reach

It was a beatiful place to stay in.

• Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioner doesn’t work ...

• Executive Double Room

Stuf & facilitis

Nothink

• Deluxe Single Room

The equipment were not up to date and new.and the hotel was'nt very clean

It wasnt at the 5 stars hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

Wasn't that clean and Staff were not professional..

Good Location, low expectation for 5* Hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

Both rooms stank like cigarette smoke and overall the hotel was sort of shabby.

Staff were nice and location was decent.

No things