Reviews of Idou Anfa Hôtel & Spa 4 stars

85 Bd Anfa, Gauthier, 20000 Casablanca, Morocco

#28 of 62 hotels in Casablanca

Based on 2002 hotel reviews

It must be one star hotel or if we can call it a moon,way far from star.

I didn't like the tidiness,costumer service,spa,and more.

I liked nothing ,they don't clean well,you cannot take a nap or sleep due to the loud conversation between staff at corridor. Spa is baaaaaaaaad.

Disappointed.

We chose the Hotel for its pool but when we arrived the whole pool area was closed as it was undergoing maintenance. The Hotel did not write it up and give notice in their site. No one informed us in advance and we ended up not being able to use pool for our whole stay. A very big dissapointment especially when you have a young child.

The bed was comfortable.

Kept me waiting at check in . Claimed the hotel was full! Booking.com had already deducted 2 nights stay Asked for one double bed, got 2 singles

Not worth the price and definitely not a 4 star hotel
    • Suite (2 Adults)

Check-in was super slow. The restaurant was not good either. Also, we had some hotel staff break into our room TWICE when we were napping during the day without knocking on the door or asking for permission. We even put two chairs behind the door to prevent people from coming in, but that did not stop them.

The room was nice and has a beautiful balcony. We also enjoyed the complimentary desserts on the first day.

The staff speak good English and very friendly.

I lived there for 2 nights and 1 night the hot water was not so hot. I called the 24-hour house service but no one answered the phone.

The staff speak good English and very friendly. The wifi is fast.

Location was ok

Pictures do not match reality. Overpriced and really poorly maintained This place was a hype in 1980s... nothing has changed since then

Location was ok

We enjoyed the refined comfort of the Idou Anfa Hôtel.

The hotel’s local neighborhood was mostly shuttered for the last day of Ramadan during our visit, so it wasn’t as available for exploring as most other times of year. The Hassan II mosque and Sacrecoeur cathedral were within a decent walk though, which were enjoyable sights to see.

We appreciated the quality of the hotel’s property, such as the valet parking & bellhop service, the nice restaurant with a delicious menu, and the swimming pool to cool off on a warm day.

The hotel was great , excellent location , big & clean...

The only thing I didn’t like was the bathroom , the toilet had no shatafa and the bidet was in the other half of the bathroom ( the bathroom is divided into 2 parts with 2 doors : toilet alone & shower & sink & bidet alone ) Apart from that point everything was more than perfect .

The hotel was great , excellent location , big & clean rooms , stuff very good , breakfast was excellent too .

Good value for the money in Casablanca

Booked a room at that specific hotel for the outdoor pool but it was covered without a warning. Staff wasn’t very friendly.

Good value for the money in Casablanca

It was a good experience

Overpriced Mini bar items, overpriced room service food, house keeping start at 7:30AM so don't try to sleep after that 😂

good value for money, good location, nice pool and Spa

Sufficient

Was very busy and full of so many tourists. A bit crowded. Staff at front desk was a little rude. We got in off an international flight around noon and could not check in until 3. I asked for the password for the free lobby wifi so I could check my messages and let loved ones know I arrived safely and she wouldn't give it to me even though I had a reservation and was just waiting to check in until 3

Standard hotel. Stayed for one night and got the job done

good location

We were given a room to the 15 floor however the view was not great as it was facing the city suburbs

Nice hotel in a good area of Casablanca at walk distance drom the famous Mosque and with nice view from the rooftop bar.

Good location and nice staff but little bit overpaid.
    • Standard Single Room

Would not recommend Idou Anfa Spa services, quality was poor. Furniture seemed old. People were smoking inside the rooms (in the lobby, bar and lounge).

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was good.

Old fashion and outdated, however conveniently located if you just need any place to sleep.

Service was terrible, check in long. People hardly spoke english and got irritated when we couldn't communicated. Not friendly at all. Buying a bottle of water was almost impossible. Mini bar was empty so I went to the restaurant to buy water where the manager seemed very annoyed that I requested such a thing. Charging me to my room was impossible, paying with credit card was impossible. Finally the staff in the hotel reception helped out and it could indeed be charged on my room. Overall every experience with staff was a pain. The hotel is also completely outdated and whilst clean, it was very old and only covered the basic. I don't understand how it can be rated a 4 star hotel. Breakfast was good.

It was very quiet and conveniently located

For short stay only and paid in cash.

Thy drown 1 night to 3 rooms before arrival and they draws 2 night for 3 rooms after one day stay with them . One room no items in the minibar. Request but no response.

Location only

Good location, walking distance to the mosque and medina.

Good location, walking distance to the mosque and medina. The room is also spacious, there is a balcony and you can see the grand mosque and many more... The room service is good.

One of the best place ever🤗

Everything was perfect! I highly recommand this place.

Very nice place, the employees were helpful, nice and polite. Rooms are beautiful and you have a panoramic vue on 16nd floor.

Great 4-star hotel but too much smoke.

People smoking everywhere. In the reception (just go out!), in the pool area (really...) and in the non-smoking corridor where our non-smoking room was located (I am not kidding). Because of this I’ll sadly not recommend this hotel.

Loved the pool and the view at the sky bar.

Confortable and clean. Average service

Personal wasnt very nice, and checkin took us a while. Regarding the payment it was taken directly from my card, without giving us the choice to use cash or a different card.

The hotel was clean and confortable, central and easy to access by car, with complimentary insight parking.

Clean but tired and over-priced
    • Standard Single Room

Too expensive for what it is. Maybe the big groups who use it pay less. Tired decor, pool unappealing, breakfast a rip off.

Clean room. Off-street parking.

The hotel is in the city center and in my case at walking...

The hotel is in the city center and in my case at walking distance from the office. It's also quite near the beautiful mosque, definitely worth a visit. Also it was nice to have gym and spa facilities and bar on the top floor with great view.

Clean bedding .

Inexperienced receptioneat . Couldn't answer questions related to the type of service the hotel offers . Didn't provide someone to take my luggage to my room I had to push mine my self . Promised to give me good view and it was so bad room

Clean bedding . Delicious Moroccan cuisine

Excellent Breakfast.

Concierge could have helped a little more with trains tickets to Marrakech. This resulted in a 3 hour wait at the train station.

Excellent Breakfast. Great view from the bar on the top floor.

We had a spacious room overlooking the busy street but were...

Noisy neighbours! Our room had a communicating door with the next one (probably great if you are travelling as a family), but it unfortunately let the sound of voices pass through. We were woken on the first morning at 6 a.m. by a child talking and shouting very loudly, and this went on for 90 minutes. It didn't seem to bother the parents! That night we couldn't get to sleep because of some different people who seemed to be having a party... I realise this is not the hotel's fault, just a lack of consideration by guests for others, and fortunately the next two nights were fine. I would definitely stay here again, but will ask for a room that doesn't communicate with another! The chambermaid forgot to leave us some clean towels one day, but a call to Reception remedied that immediately.

We had a spacious room overlooking the busy street but were not disturbed by traffic noise. The hotel is well-located and there are plenty of cafés, restaurants and shops in the immediate vicinity. The staff were pleasant and friendly. Lots of choice at breakfast, and omelettes are made to order with a choice of fillings. The coffee was good. As a former resident of Morocco, I would have liked to see the traditional bread on offer as well as the more European kind.

Not too bad.
    • Superior Single Room

1. Service of the reception is not very satisfaite. It takes a long time for check in. I had a cancel for the reservation, but until I left, they didn't not give me the invoice. 2. Room facilities are too old and need to be improved. 3. Room service needs to be improved.

Good location, very convenient for travellers.

nothing.

I did make a reservation for double room but stayed 1 person. They want to take a second person city taxes. I paid everthing when i arrive the hotel. They said me you paid for one person city taxes, i said i paid everthing afrer 5 minutes they said ok.. when i was in taxi, i looked the hotel receipt they take to me city taxes for 2 person after again want to city taxes for extra... i dont like..i working in a hotel..

nothing..

Restful. An opportunity to spend time with family without rushing.

It would be nice to have a small room available for video conferences that the guest doesn't need to pay extra for. I had to do so, and while the lobby was okay, it wasn't ideal.

Close proximity to restaurants. Very helpful staff at check in and check out. We arrived too early for our room so we needed to leave our luggage behind and return later. No stress in that as they kept it securely for us until our return.

Great. What a big hotel should be.

Rigidly applied cancellation policy. We only wanted to shift our dates by a day but they wouldn't let us. That meant buying the extra day and abandoning one of those booked. What a waste. No offer of negotiation or trade off for a meal. Rigidly stingy.

Big hotel and well organised facilities. Everything you would expect.

Great. What a big hotel should be.

Totally inflexible on bookings. We didn't want to cancel, just bring itinerary forward a day. This led to paying for three nights and only staying two.

Big hotel experience, welcome after a week on the road.

Its a good place to stay if you are on a business trip.

I expected to see at least a little bit of Moroccan culture/atmosphere/design but that was just a business hotel.

the staff was nice, I loved the bar on the 16th floor - amazing view, good service and nice music. On Friday night it was working as a piano bar with really good music and the vie to Hasan II .. it was the best place to have a drink on Friday evening.

Comme si, comme ca !

- Attitude of each person at the reception. I didn't see anybody to smile. When approaching reception no interest from the staff to assist the guest. You work in hospitality not in a supermarket. - Very low water pressure. - Very cold in the room.

Nothing exciting. The good think was a spacious room.

Some small maintenance issues found in the room like window...

Some small maintenance issues found in the room like window not closing properly and electrical connection after the bed not in the best conditions. Cleaning could be better

Very professional for a Downtown Moroccan Hotel (I am Moroccan)

Excellent Service. You can clearly see that the staff is doing it's best to help you. Ask for Karim at the reception, he'll take care of you. The moment they saw that my wife is pregnant, they all the staff turned to a bunch of sweethearts.

Nice hotel with central location

their is a noise that lasted the whole night and every day, coming from outside, i could not figure out what it was... i had to put and earplug.

The rooms with the view on the back are quiet there is small basic fitness room The restaurant is ok (if the cook could cook the fish perfectly that would be great, i don't like it when it's overcooked...) The staff at the reception were professionnal

Very positive experience. Slept in JM suites hotel when flying out and that felt cramped (lobby)

Yes bathroom and toilet should be renovated button are clean.

Easy check-inn/check-out. Friendly personel. Close enough to all sightseeing. There is a breakfast place across the street . There is an indoor pool and the rooms are a good size. Beds are little hard. But we are used to soft. It's a nice roomy hotel.

No good

It’s an old hotel, an update its urgent. Impossible to contact the hotel through Booking or even email: they just ignore it. The car stays on the street in front of the hotel. Not good shower. Not good wifi.

Nice location in the central area. Free parking. Some rooms with nice view.

I asked for an extra bed or a baby bed twice in the...

Not the same room on the reservation link

I asked for an extra bed or a baby bed twice in the reception!! But for two night my kid share the two people bed with me and my wife. Not good

Good and safe neighbourhood, makes it worthwhile

Coffee and tea crockery not washed properly. The toilet is particularly bad. It is in a separate chamber from the shower chamber , makes it uncomfortable

Very good location, good staff

excellent hotel

my room was too hot and I couldn't turn the AC on, maybe because during winter the overall system is heating therefore it's hard to decrease the room temperature without turning the heater on

the customer service was excellent

Good of air contininiong works. Temperatures on Casablanca changes from 12 to 27oC

No air conditioning . Warming system was ON and with a central Control. I let it Off in the room but it was still blowing hot air inside the room making it a sauna. Very unpleasant stay.

Clean, well located , kind staff .

the room wasn't comfortable at all, it was very sample like 2 stars hotel. really i don't like it even the bathroom was soo funny.and dosen't meet my expectation.in addition during my check in the receptionist gave much informations and time to a customer from US like WIFI and sport schedule and when my turn come he took my information and gives me my passroom & close. 1 night it's enought for me, next time i'll looking for better.

WIFI and location.

Great staff, great food, great stay!

It would be great if the hotel did NOT allow smoking in the hotel lobby. That is the only negative thing about the Hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean, comfortable rooms. The hotel is close to some nice eating places.

It’s ok

Saw better days Poor equipment at the room. Extremely Cheap telephone. Lady at the reception was cold like ice. Generally all the staff are above 50 years old.

Valet parking guy was extremely nice. Location is good Bed was comfortable

for one day only

bathroom bad for first time in my life to get on separated toilet . no good restaurant nearby

breakfast was good .easy chick in ,room in top floor with good view ,music in lobby

Great staff.

Great staff. Great hotel. Great location. I've been staying at this hotel for the past 5 years every time I come to Casablanca. Highly recommended.

The room is very big in this price and location.

I insist to pay directly in euro and my credit card is available to pay directly in euros but they finally pay in USD.

The room is very big in this price and location. You could find a Starbucks just opposite of the hotel. The staff is very helpful during my stay and very fluent English.

Good hotel for money.

The 12th floor was freshly painted and it was just opened. You could smell it everywhere. They should have waited a bit longer before accommodating any guests. However upon request they changed our room on another floor.

Good hotel with good staff. Exactly what one should expect.

Not a 4 star hotel

room interiors are outdated, with poor illumination, only one electric socket nearby bed my first room smelled badly and change has been done immediatelly (thanks to staff)

friendly staff good breakfast

The location was excellent but service was fair and the...
    • Standard Single Room

The property was good but I was expected to be better as your hotel four star any how I will come back to Casablanca after 25 days I hope you had to offer me good rate thank you for your service and good offer when I come back to Casablanca I am planing to stay for at least 10 night see you Thank you

The location was excellent but service was fair and the value for money was too much as your hotel considered as four star hotel

Maintenance was okay, but if there is some problems they...

Maintenance was okay, but if there is some problems they didin''t try to resolve it. Only good thing in there is food. Breakfast was really good.

I had a great time here!

I wish I can have the ocean view next time if I stay here again when I visit Casablanca.

Zaenab as a guest relation staff was amazingly helpful and welcoming me and my partner in very funny and warm conversation. The breakfast was supeerrrr complete and I am in Love with the traditional Morocco pancake named Baghghir. I love to enjoy the Grand Piano performance every night next to the Bar while enjoying a glass of wine.

Bad attitude from Reception ladies They are not professional in dealing with customers. Disgusting
    • Standard Single Room

The Check in time every where from 12 pm I have reached the hotel by 13:30 and badly they told me the check in will be from 15:00 to 16:00. how come!!! Traveling 8 hrs to hotel and stay in reception for 2:30 hrs to make my room ready which I have been booked 10 days before traveling. VERY bad attitude and they don't know how to deal with customers. Will never book in that hotel any more.

Close by to the center and restaurants.

the stuff / Service is perfectly good , the breakfast...

the stuff / Service is perfectly good , the breakfast was absolutely amazing ; a mixture between modern and traditional flavors clean , comfortable 100%

Okay - but nothing special

It is very unfortunate that the management does not separate smokers from the rest of the world, in particular children. Smoking is apparently tolerated both inside the hotel (e.g. in the reception/bar/breakfast area) as well as in the pool area. I expect that today all hotels make sure that smoking is permitted only in separated (and well isolated) locations, and certainly not in areas used by other guests/children. For this reason i cannot recommend this hotel. In my opinion, the hotel is also very noisy as the rooms are not really well isolated. In principle, i would not really mention this, but because the hotel advertises itself as "very noise isolated", i bring this point here. Finally, I also would say that compared to European standards, 4 stars are certainly not what this hotel deserves (2-3 stars would be more appropriate).

The breakfast was nice and offered a large choice.

Comfortable

There was broken glass on the pool and even if I asked the staff to clean it they didn't and it was dangerous for people.

The views from the room and the concierge staff which was very nice

The breakfast was lovely and the swimming pool was very good...

we arrived about 14.30 our 3 rooms weren't ready until 15.49 after complaining also Hamam we want to get in all together as group ( we are a family ) but they refused, we asked them 3 times to make a price as a group they refused ,the lady said only you get it one by one. We have been to a lots of countries their hamams were for groups no problems and most of sauna and steam rooms are free of charge but not at Idou Anfa hotel & spa in Casablanca also the massage was expensive as the sauna too.

The breakfast was lovely and the swimming pool was very good even the staff was nice. Nice area .

The Hotel is in centre and staff were nice and spoke English.

They have painted our room and the. Paint smell was there. The view of our room was not very good as it was in 4th floor when we booked 2 rooms. They told us they change next day but then they did not.

The Hotel is in centre and staff were nice and spoke English. Room were clean.

Good stay with value for money.
    • Standard Single Room

There was water outage in the room for sometime on 21st July in the morning which was very uncomfortable.

I lost my invoice of tarrif and after coming to India, I called the hotel and explained my problem. They promptly sent the invoice by e mail. Good view from bar.

okay

Some Rip off, example: water bottle is around 10 times more expensive than in the street, which is inconvenient... (Normally around 6 Dh, was 50 Dh *about 5 euros*)

Place was okay i guess, not more than that.

Staffs are very friendly.
    • Standard Single Room

Room's telephone was not working properly and I think they have to change the floor carpet. Lift also not spacious.

Staffs are very friendly. Breakfast's options are quite ok. They having a good spa.

A short drive from the downtown in a great location

Being a busy place we wound up with 2 single beds even though we had booked a large double, that was ok though. The water stopped working one day which happens but the front office didn't seem to know that it was still out.

The location was great and handy for us to go out into the city. The staff were helpful and the facilities from lobby bar to rooftop bar seemed great.

Don't stay here.

We drove to this hotel , the unloading zone in front was very bad. We made early arrival reservations, they say check in is 1200-1500. we did not get our room until 1430. no ac in room and no offer to move us to different room. Unable to fix ac, very bad. Booked room with breakfast included , it was not included. Booked hotel with free shuttle to airport, no shuttle, 60 euro for taxi. Would rather spend that 60 euro on better hotel. Not a good way to spend our last night in a wonderful country.

The breakfast was okay-ish.

The hotel room was extremely dirty and damaged. The sewage pipes from the hotel were visible from the bathroom. The staff were throwing with the suitcases, and were trying to wheedle out our money by charging ridiculous amount of money for late check out. Definitely not worth the money. There are better accommodations in Casablanca.

The breakfast was okay-ish. Unfortunately, that's all.

Friendly and helpful staff

No iron in the room, no pressing services, only laundry, even though it was listed. Bathtub could have been more clean. Member of the staff opened our room door at 8:30am while we were still asleep. Spa was closed

Friendly and helpful staff

The bed was very comfortable and there was a nice view of...
    • Standard Single Room

Anything in the mini-bar was crazy expensive. I went downstairs to the restaurant for some water and they charged $4 for a bottle. At the store they are only .90 cents.. I will absolutely stay here again but will bring my own water!

The bed was very comfortable and there was a nice view of the city. Great location right across from Starbucks!

Great location to explore a city that has a lot more to offer than it seems.

The photos of the swimming pool show an outdoor and an indoor pool. It turns out, this is the same pool, with a roof covering it off-season. We visited in May, with an average temperature of around 29, 30 degrees celsius, but the roof still stayed closed. Disappointing, since the pool was one of the reasons to choose this hotel. Breakfast is pretty expensive, you're (way) better off walking around the neighbourhood and grabbing some breakfast at one of the many great places close to the hotel.

Great location, decent room, friendly staff.

Value for Money, very well located.
    • Superior Single Room

Considering this is an OLD property , the management should look at modernizing and changing the old fixtures.

Meets Basic expectations perfectly well . Choose Superior Rooms for best WIFI connectivity . Value for Money. Location is fantastic to travel anywhere in Casablanca. You have a KFC - 25 metres to the right of the hotel, Continue Walking about 300 Mtrs take a right at the signal & you have Pizza Hut . A Mac Donalds is also available some 500 Mtrs from the hotel. You have a Starbucks bang opposite the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The breakfast is not too much choices and we were there at 8:15am, not too many foods ready for choose, the staff was still preparing the food

Staff is very friendly, location is convenient

Nice location, so annoying at night
    • Standard Single Room

The night club in the hotel is so annoying, the drums was banging in my room , despite my room was at the 7th floor , I couldn't sleep before it's 3:00am , when the club is closed

Location is great

The hotel was just as promised, very comfortable, and a...

The property is a little dated, but still clean and very efficient for our needs :-)

The hotel was just as promised, very comfortable, and a great location! Staff was very accommodating and, in the room service was excellent!

nice hotel, great location, good price

booking website showed shuttle available from airport. there was NO SHUTTLE so taxi cost us 60euro back and forth to airport. boooooo

nice hotel, great location, good price

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Very good location , shops and cafe restaurant at tge same...

Very good location , shops and cafe restaurant at tge same street . few minutes walk to the market , Stuff were vey nice thanks the reception and concierge staff tgey were very helpful and working hard. Breakfast was nice with variations .

Nothing Special.

not sure it worts 4 stars. normal Hotel and you feel like it's old. Breakfast is normal nothing special separated toilettes !!

Nothing Special. Normal Hotel

Amazing staff, sjiek hotel.

The prices of the breakfast, that s why we didnt take it and that smoking was aloud inside the hotel.

The heated swimmingpool and the working staff and the wanderfull view from the 16th department. And that you can drink a beer or wine.

the hotel reserved money on my card, it looked like a...

the hotel reserved money on my card, it looked like a purchase, I received a notification from my bank, that i payed for the hotel room. But, when i checked-in, hotel stuff at the reception asked me to pay once more, he told me, that the first payment wasn't payment at all, it was only a reservation and a guarantee. When I came back home, I made a call to my bank immediately, but they said, that this was not a reservation, this was purchase! So, I payed twice, and nobody wanted to give my money back!

Browse Idou Anfa Hôtel & Spa traveller photo gallery