Reviews of Imperial Holiday Hôtel & spa 4 stars

5.6

5.7

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great experience

I don’t understand the negative reviews, I enjoyed my stay. The pool area is beautiful and I received excellent service with reception staff as well as organising an airport transfer. The hotel wasn’t expensive at all and was clean and comfortable. I’d stay here again on my next visit.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The room i booked turned to be connected to another room and...

The room i booked turned to be connected to another room and the door was unlocked and one of staff actually open the door while am inside my room without even knocking or apologizing

Good location, all other questionable!
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is very old. Also, bed smell in the room and hallways is a disaster.

Hotel is in the good city area, close to Gueliz, train ans bus station. Also, medina is not far.

• Double or Twin Room

- Old and dirty toilets - everything has to be renewed - uncomfortable rooms - old beds with old and bed stuffs which smells and looks terrible (grey/yellow instead of white) - very loud main street direct to the hotel (very hard to sleep at night with open window) - Staff: you get the impression that none has mood to work. No welcoming / long waiting times and not leaving a chance out to take your money for trips or other stuff. - To sum up: nothing to like about this uncomfortable hotel. I absolutely don’t recommend it. Save your money and book another hotel

The hotel has a nice and big swimming pool with lots of...
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the rooftop was closed the two days we were there

The hotel has a nice and big swimming pool with lots of chairs around. We could by beer at the bar and the breakfast was a nice buffet with freshly made pancakes. Staff was very friendly!!

Pool
    • Quadruple Room

Dirty sheets, very dated and as other reviewers have said dated. Just make sure the sheets are clean! We slept on our own towels as our bedding hadn’t been changed from the previous guests!

Pool

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The location to the shops
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool was small, it wasn’t a good size and indoors pool you had to pay for. The lift wasn’t safe and kept getting stuck. Small selection for breakfast and less variety

The location to the shops

Good location, staff need to be more trained for quicker service
    • Double or Twin Room

The reception staffs have problems with every person due to miss calculations and this causes lots of time delays

I liked the location and some of the services

The breakfast was good value.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is disorganised, shambolic, outdated and dirty. There was only ever one lift working at a time which was so slow we usually walked to the 6th floor. The room wasn’t ready when we arrived and we were invited in to a dirty, unmade room. Although the beds were made in the days we were there, the sheets weren’t changed. I know this as the cigarette burn in my sheet remained the same. The bathroom sink was blocked completely and the shower/bath very old and rusted. We were charged different amounts for the breakfast each day and quoted different amounts for dinner too. No one was able to explain why or what the actually price was. The pool area is nice but loud music is played there from 10am making it hard to relax at any time of the day. We tried to book a taxi from reception which they were unable to do as the person who books the taxis wasn’t there (!).

The breakfast was good value. The curtains were good and air conditioning worked well.

Imperial Marrakech

The property is very central with plenty of facilities around and not too far from the airport as well.The staff was great and ready to help you with informations and any issue that you have.

The pool was very nice with tables and chairs around it, a cocktail bar always open . Also most of the rooms coming with a balcony and you can chill outside with an amazing view of the pool without hearing cars and motorbikes!

I love only the bed where i was sleeping only.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower room equipments are old and everytime have to go down to reception to ask for maintenance as telephone is out of service. TV only 13 channels 2 of it not working. Interner Wifi not only me but some of guests are so upset ..if is very slow and so hard to connect. Swimmpool is verg small and as Adult i didnt find space to swim as always full of kids. I went down for cover pool theytold me that i have to pay 150 dirhams gor jacuzzi 50 dirhams for sauna ...i told them in each hotel these favilities are free they told me no.i felt very upset as i paid 553 aed to enjoy with my husband but this hotel makes me so upset .the receptionist is not polite. I went him down to tell him internet wifi is so slow..he told all morocco wifi is down????!!!!!....toilet flash every time has to call to fix it...lights lampes m9st of it is off not working. Amd i have some photos. When i com3 for check in at 14 pm i have to wait in reception area till 15 30 pm to enter my room as room is not ready and they disnt find room for me so they give me any room to rest .overall hotel doesnt deserve 4 stars hotel . Staffs , service, maintenance , facilities all are down and will never go there or advice any friends to go there.i paid value amount to relax but the service is down. And im worry why booking.com putting like that bad hotel in their list!!!!!!!

I love only the bed where i was sleeping only.

Unsure how with only liking location this got a 3.3 score on booking.com.. I would rate as zero

Everything. Horrific, unclean, nothing open that booking.com say.. roof terrace closed, Niagara fall bar not open and rooms beyond disgusting .. snack menu ok however evening meals 🤮 ladies of the night everywhere at night with old men.. 100% not for kids. My review on trip advisor says it all

The one bar that was open had lovely staff

Do not reccomend

Full of kids running and screaming in the halls, dirty floors, dirty balcony, old bathtub nothing like the photos, the pool is full of kids and their toys, the breakfast is just microwaved, the elevators take forever to get to your floor that they'll send you to the staff's elevator which is a very dirty small old elevator. The A/C wasnt working when we got there until we called them to fix....

Hotel is very close to Gueluz the city center

this hel is not worth more than two stars , because it is...
    • Double or Twin Room

this hel is not worth more than two stars , because it is dirty and the bathroom has problems . i stayed that night because i was very annoyed,i am now very worried when i want to reserva with booking

Nice stay, facilities should be upgraded
    • Family Room

Evening buffet was awful, language was a serious barrier but you can’t complain really you’re in a different country. When I booked it said our room had a balcony and there was no balcony in our room, shower was the slowest thing ever.

Lovely pool area, rooms were spacious enough

1 night stay

The room was jot cleaned properly and there were hair on the rug next to the bed. I didn't feel the bed covers were clean.

Room is big with balcony viewing the pool side. Location is nearby malls and restaurant and shops.

if you want all inclusive and want to stay most of the time at the hotel that's not the right place

Wifi is poor, specially in my room i didn't have wifi i could get some just in the bathroom. When i get the room was clean. But next few days the cleaner just tidied up my bed and changed towels. I had to ask for shampoo and toilet paper.

Small but good hotel. People on reception and all staff were so kind and helpful. Good break fast and dinner.

Hotel is not a 4 star at all. I wouldn't stay at this hotel if i visit Marrakesh again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel was rated 4 stars at booking.com. Actualy does not deserve even 3. I placed a complaint at booking.com about one receptionest non-politeness.

Location was ok. It has a swimming pool. Bar is not bad.

The food was good , hotel in the center of marrackech.
    • Family Room

The bathroom and bedding weren't clean. The AC didn't work good , it was hot.

The food was good , hotel in the center of marrackech. Swimming pool was good

An offer which should be upgraded
    • Family Room

At the booking stays that the hotel offers parking space. But where is the parking space? There was no space. Or better said it was parking space where locals parked beside the road. Than I parked like the locals ( I have photos done by my self) where the edges of pavement are coloured with exchangable white and red colour, We took the luggage out of the car went to the room. After 0,5 hours our rented car was gone and taken by the police. Locals told us that when the edges of the pavements are so coloured you must not park there. Policeman M. Ikram did not explain us this rule he was just repeating that we must pay this and this and this too get the car out. Also for my opinion this is not 4 star hotel, cleannes of the bathroom was very poor.

Hotel was easy to be reached.

The price was not high

There are some insects inside the rooms The mattresses were not cleaned and full of bad smell.

The price was not high Location is good very disappointed

NOT 4* ok if u like basic with a twist of danger
    • Family Room

Everything was broke in the hotel room (shower rail light fixtures , towel rail , wall switches dirty tiles in bathroom all the floor edges were dirty even tho floor was clean the corners where minging. The mattress had no protector on stained mattress the pillows where the same. The wall fixings were hanging off and definatly unsafe. Even by the pool there where wires sticking out looked unsafe. I CHOSE THIS HOTEL FOR ENTERTAINMENT for my daughter There was no ENTERTAINMENT. The staff looked tired and needed help. The location was good but have to be careful as it's on a main road and beggars and drug users everywhere. DEFINATLY NOT 4* MAYBE 1* AT A PUSH WIFI AWFUL Breakfast was awful. GOOD IF U LIKE SOUP AND BREAD N SALAD FOR BREAKFAST the lift kept breaking and i got overcharged. NONE of this customer is right they say no and thats it

My daughter loved the pool

Nadia was very good for the tour plan and was very...

Elevator

Nadia was very good for the tour plan and was very professional. Mohammed, the tour guy was very good. Staff were courteous and very helpful.

Very bad experience of stay there. Be careful with this hotel!

The front desk staff

The front desk staf was so awfull, He didnt tell me at the first place, that I should pay the excess of my 7 years old boy's breakfast. After having breakfast one of the staff called us to meet the front dest, and he told me that I have to pay 146 dirham. If he told me BEFORE hand, I'd definitely NOT to opt that very light breakfast for 146 dirham (for the little boy). So terrible!

The swimming pool area was lovely and well looked after
    • Family Room

Ladies communal toilets poor...no soap, locks on doors not working, no hand dryer, rarely ever toilet roll. Bedroom poor maintenance, towels greyish coloured and stained from over use, stained old bedsheets, ripped furniture, electrics caused cable to burn. When room cleaned had to keep asking to get fresh towels back and toilet roll. Need to take more care of rooms.

The swimming pool area was lovely and well looked after

The worst hotel ever in my life
    • Double or Twin Room

They do know how it’s luxe like a 4 star hotel. I change 4 times my room and my father 3 timer before to found one. The hotel it’s really really dirty and stinky. How a 4 star hotel doesn’t have a minibar on the rooms plus no towels, no toilet paper, no pressure on the shower, no remote control for TV and air conditioner, not enough cutlery and other staff like glasses and bowls for breakfast ( how you can aspecting 100 guess and you have staff for only 20 persone), and other thing it surprised me that they collecting the remaining staff from the tables and putting back on buffet Never never never again in this hotel. If you would like an advice avoid this hotel. I had a bad experience. The hotel doesn’t worth any star. The money I spent in this hotel doesn’t respect the value of the service.

Nothing at all.

Worst hotel experience
    • Family Room

It was a horrible stay. We arrived at 14h00 and were surprised that the rooms were still being made by cleaning staff. We didn't get the room until 18h00. And surprise again, it was not properly made. Towels and bed sheet were not properly cleaned and there there was a lot of mold all over the bed duvet. We called the reception on those items on the next day and left the room for almost the whole day to be again surprised that the room at 17h50 of the evening were still not yet made and one of the two beds were without sheet. Either of the staff or the manager in person were not helpful. No one responded to our request to have the room re cleanned and made again. When my wife went to see the manager with pics telling about the shape of the room she was accused with sabotage from the manager. We left the hotel really disappointed and with a prommess to never come back again.

Place is very unclean but staff were nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms are dirty and they don’t change the bedding despite asking many times. The phones don’t work properly wasn’t even able to call reception had to go down many times and the lifts weren’t very safe, someone was stuck inside we had to take the stairs. Despite families being there they allowed some people to smoke Hash by the pool and it didn’t seem like it had a good reputation in the area as everyone seemed surprised after we told them we stayed there. Biggest issue for us was the hygiene which everyone seemed to complain about. Also wifi doesn’t work at all.

The staff were really nice only highlight of the stay, pool area was clean.

I would not recommend this hotel for the money
    • Family Room

Facilities old and some not working, the swimming pool is small for the hotel and they hire the swimming pool to none hotel residents from outside which makes it too busy.

Amortized down hotel with rude staff
    • Family Room

We booked two family rooms via booking.com, but the hotel could not honor our booking. We got two interconnected rooms with twin beds, for the same price. The door of one of the rooms did not work and could not be fixed. The young guy from the reception was inexperienced. He did not convert correctly the amount we had to pay, in EUR. I paid exactly the amount he told me I have to pay. When we came down, to go to have dinner, he told me I did not pay the correct amount with a tone you talk to a criminal. I had to pay an additional 5 EUR, but he forgot to register the fact that I paid and his colleague at checkout told me that I have to pay again... Beside of this incident to be noted that it was the dirtiest 4* hotel we stayed in Morocco. Especially the bathroom was dirty, and the towels Grey instead of white...

I can not highlight anything we liked here. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone. Once this hotel might have been 4* hotel, but these days should lose one or two stars.

just ok

Quite rundown tried to explain to the concierge that toilet floor smelt of urine But he just sent someone up to put something in the toilet bowl and there was no improvement

Chose the location because it was close to suprabuses and easy access to the airport

for the price fair enough

not clean, old furniture; dirty old towels and sheets , the food at the restaurant was very poor and tastes like nothing. at the check out the staff asked us for extra money. we refused to pay as our stay was prepaid on booking and our credit card already charged. the guy at the reception told us it's the touristic tax, and ask us to pay around 400 dhs for 3 people for 3 nights. the real touristic tax is only 16,8 per person per night for a total of 151 ,2 mad. No one understood why the amount was way too high , we refused to pay and left the hotel.

the location nearby the city attractions.

The breakfast was rich and delicius.
    • Double or Twin Room

The view of the street from the room is really depressive :(

The breakfast was rich and delicius. The dinner is worth the money also. The swimming pool is nice, and there is always shadow around (in the sun its too warm). The staff is helpful.

Great location and facilities, spa is amazing and the staff...
    • Family Room

Great location and facilities, spa is amazing and the staff throughout the hotel were very welcoming, friendly and helpful, the pool is amazing as is the bar and restaurant

Relaxing stay, nice neighborhood, clean and spacious room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Spacious and clean room. You can take the bus no18 to the airport for only 4 mad and you can walk to train station. As I also stayed at old medina I preferred this location as it is more quiet and close to civilization. I enjoyed the souks at old medina but they become tiring after a while. There is a shopping center and a lot of restaurants minutes away from the hotel. If you get bored of couscous and tajines I fully recommend the italian restaurant Le Catanzaro.

Pleasantly and positively surprised!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel has a beautiful luxurious garden w pool and the room has nice balcony overlooking the garden. The room is clean, spacious with comfy bed. It’s definitely excellent value for money.

Taxi drivers tries to rip you off all the time!
    • Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning. Had to leave window and open next to the very busy noisy road. Unable to sleep. No tea making facilities in the room. Receptionist said can get hot water for making tea. Caught him filling cups with hot water from the hot water tap!!!

disappointing since we had to make a number of request to rectify dirty sheeting, towel and room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty bed, dirty sheeting, dirty walls, old and uncomfortable dining room chairs. Having to ask for clean towel and bed cover no of times. Staff laying that the room we have is the best and the largest in the hotel and as it proved that is a lie. Lying goes with general culture I suppose

The pool, garden and the balcony

Not recommended please!!

I should have taken the previous ratings and user experience on booking. This hotel is absolutely not recommended. For a similar or slightly higher price other good rated hotels should be preferred. Room was ok but noisy from the corridor and streets. Beds not comfy at all. Bathroom was terrible, towels were filthy. No faucet facility. Errrgh. Breakfast was the same all day. Just the ambience around the pool was nice.

Near to train station and other major touristic places. Try the hammam and massage next to the hotel. Its not a hotel property. Absolutely worth it! I paid 350 dirhams for an hour.

It was good after all
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi was so poor and the hotel was noisy during the night specially in the weekend

It was in the center of marrakech close to everything .. breakfast was good and high five to the staff

Too bad, Don’t go

Unfortunately we just wasted our money, if u’re reading this and u don’t wanna be regretted, don’t go there.. The room wasn’t clean, the bathroom too, the restaurant doesn’t present any good food...

Nothing was good

Nice hotel, great location. Would be excellent with a few improvements
    • Family Room

Rooms do need an update, paintwork was flaked in a few places. Breakfast was good, and the staff made sure we were happy.

Friendly staff and great location.

Nothing about this place was good, what so ever
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was dirty. The bathroom was disgusting. The buffet had insects flying around it. The service was bad, very bad.

Nothing about this place was good, what so ever

Awful
    • Family Room

Everything, stayed there based on the location as i was moving to a villa for the remainder of the week that was on the outskirts short changed when paid, full of kids which is not a problem however felt like i was at an underage children's nightclub with the kids screaming from 9am up until 1.30 am by the pool and in the hotel literally like a night club of out of control kids, the pool is small, very tight on towels you give your dirty towels back and you have to keep asking hours later on order to get them back. Breakfast has no selection very basic over crowded and people are fighting over food made me laugh to be honest, spa facilities mainly the indoor pool was dirty no snack bar or anything by the pool should be a 2 star hotel

IT DOES NOT GET MUCH WORSE THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The hotel is in the worst part of town. It was very noisy and heavy smoke filled. Staff was horrible. Room was dirty and filthy. We ended up staying only a few hours until daylight and then moved to another hotel. The only reason we waited as long as we did was due to the area and we arrived after midnight. DO NOT stay at this hotel. It is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING AT ALL. The hotel is in the worst part of town. It was very noisy and heavy smoke filled. Staff was horrible. Room was dirty and filthy. We ended up staying only a few hours until daylight and then moved to another hotel. The only reason we waited as long as we did was due to the area and we arrived after midnight. DO NOT stay at this hotel. It is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The staff was very friendly and welcoming, we also...
    • Family Room

the bathroom and toilet lack of equipment and lack of toilet paper.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming, we also appreciated the place where the hotel is located.

It's a great place, and value for money :)
    • Family Room

The bathroom was a little bit old, (the tap was moving in and out, and the enamel on the bathtub was missing many places so it seemed dirty first) but it was clean. We only had problems with the WiFi, which mostly didn't work.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. We got a room, with a view of the swimmingpool, and the inner garden which was great, because the street was very noisy. The room was clean, we got clean towels every day. Breakfast buffet was good with a wide selection. I recommend the place, value for money. And overall, we felt good.

It's a great place, and value for money :)
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a little bit old (the tap was moving in and out, and the enamel on the bathtub was missing many places so it seemed dirty first) but it was clean. We only had problems with the WiFi, which mostly didn't work.

Avoid
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything. The breakfast was rubbish. The gym had a charge of 100 MAD per day. Room safes had a sinilar charge per day. The whole hotel smelt of smoke. I would never go back to this place again.

Location. Quite central to the citys hotspots. Convenience stores around

Woeful
    • Family Room

We arrived from Marrakech airport on the first night at 10pm (I had informed the hotel of approximate arrival time beforehand). On arrival, we were told that our room was not available as we had paid nothing on booking (I made a booking with free cancellation going by previous experience) - certainly the most ridiculous thing I've heard during my travels. Receptionist arranged first night for us at a different hotel at more than double the price. We were given a room at Imperial next morning. I demanded to see the manager and was dealt with different excuses on 4 occasions. Finally, on check out day when I refused to pay the balance, Ahmed the general manager gave us one minute of his precious time. He was the most rude and arrogant chap I've met in a long time. According to him, it was hotel policy to give a room away after 8pm if guests didn't show up (he couldn't show me this policy when I asked for proof). When I asked for him to give this to me in writing, the answer was 'you are not getting anything from me in writing'. When I asked his name for feedback, he answered with great disdain 'write whatever you want to, I am the general manager here'. Not once was there an apology about being sent to a different hotel on first night despite showing them confirmed and guaranteed booking on booking.com app. He then asked the receptionist to refund a fraction of extra cost incurred and then left without showing any courtesy whatsoever. I won't be visiting Marrakech again and even if I do, I won't be staying in this hotel again and encourage others to do the same. Booking.com should take notice of our bad experience and either clarify the policies with the hotel or take them off the website.

Nadia helped us greatly in arranging the excursions; the only bright spot in a woeful hotel with disrespectful staff.

OK place for a night for the price, but nothing more. Hotel clerk should be arrested.
    • Family Room

1. The hotel clerk very overtly tried to rip us off by booking taxis to the airport that were way over-priced, for which he was undoubtedly taking a cut--not only unethical, but illegal. When the taxis arrived and we balked at the price he was quite aggressive about trying to pressure us into it. We eventually ignored him and negotiated a reasonable price to the airport on our own. Know way of knowing whether management was aware of his behaviour or not. 2. Room was over the street-fair amount of traffic and noise.

Acceptable room but fair amount of noise from street traffic.

receptionist ,
    • Family Room

hotel was stinking with smell of smoke , no wifi a big lie , breakfast was good but not very good experience . some of the breakfast staff was slacker ( paratha lady) overall breakfast was

receptionist ,

Good value for the money
    • Family Room

Staff were very friendly, breakfast had a good choice and location of hotel and walkability to sights was good. Room was facing side road which was very calm all through the night. The hotel was close to the souk, the city malls and all other city's attractions.

Fabulous!
    • Family Room

Such a wonderful place, and wonderful people. Beautiful food, and as it was our friends birthday they laid on a birthday cake, sang happy birthday with a sitar player and that was free of charge. Clean. Palatial. Magical. Beautiful. Go there! You won't be disappointed.

Great located and clean hotel
    • Family Room

This hotel is clean and modern. Located in great location near the beautiful railway station and Supratours bus station. We had quiet, clean and spacious rooms (Stayed there twice and left one of our suitcases in the luggage room). The staff at the front desk were very nice and professional and spoke good English, especially Fatima who was quite funny. They serve rich Breakfast Buffet with great pastries and cakes.

Value for money.

The air-con was noisy. Got up few times during the night.

Definitely value for money. Friendly staff. A convenient store right next door. Pretty decent place to stay.

Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel offers a clean and safe place to stay . We visited as a family. The rooms where clean and I cannot fault the service from the staff. Offers Wi-Fi onsite Hammam and massage rooms...

Yes it’s hot and nice

Music was loud and not able to sleep till 1:00 in morning Complain about this few times but all time they ignore it

Nothing to like in this hotel Just welcome is good after paying money no care about guest

You’re getting what you’re paying for
    • Double or Twin Room

Literally no WiFi, staff never exchanged money when I wanted to, shower was broken

It’s cheap, close to a lot of locations and if your lucky enough to get a room on a higher floor you can’t hear any of the club music blasting from the restaurant downstairs at night

The only thing I enjoyed was the breakfast and my room cleaned..everything else is just not worth it
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were soo rude. I mean the staff at the reception. They get nothing done. I had no remote control for tv in my room requested one and I was told they will bring one but up until I left marakesh never seen one..my key for the room stops working every single day and the receptionist never bother to try rectify the mistake but just keep giving me new one everyday, which is somehow stupid. The hotel says it has gym but you actually have to pay to enter and it also say if you book from booking.com for more then 4 night's you get complimentary 20minutes massage, well they pretend they knew nothing about that. The pool is disgusting it looks like some dirty pond.

I really liked the breakfast, it was absolutely amazing. The cleaners were so good as well very helpful and very charming..mashaallah

Would not recommend this for family at all. Please read the negative reviews properly.

Well for a start if you are advertising a FOUR STAR hotel its go to be a four star hotel and not a run down B&B. The rooms were dirty, broken beds, bathroom dirty, shower had mold all over, toilet did not flush. AC broken with wires showing great if you have kids!! The terrace view over looked at derelict run down piece of land. The hotel and room was filled with cigarette smoke and it was difficult to breath - the kids were complaining in the morning. We checked out the next day and checked in to a ACTUAL FOUR STAR hotel. Imperial would not give us a refund and were rude and abrupt. This is not a four star hotel better 3/4 star hotels not too far away.

There was nothing to like in this hotel. It is nothing like what is described on their website and on Booking.com.

Wellness area need more professionalism!

Wellness area need more professionalism! Opening hours not compartable with leisure demands! Could be great with more luxury atmosphrere and open till late evening! Many clients complained about the lack of relaxing atmosphere

There was only staff member who was polite.
    • Family Room

This hotel is definitely not 4 star, more like 2. The rooms are disgusting, had to change my room 4 times before I found one that okay to stay in. However I was still not happy. The room smelt disgusting, all night you can here the signing from the bar regardless of where you stay. The staff just ignore you when you try and speak to them. Nadia the lady who books the activities is full of it. She is so rude. This place ruined my holiday, we booked an activity for the day they didn't turn up which wasted out day. The lady (nadia) talks about other guests to you complaining they are too noisy and annoying and she will be glad when they have gone. Breakfast is just a few pastries and boiled eggs. The bathrooms are falling apart, disgusting so dirty. The towels are grey. The lamp shades are fire hazards. After staying in our room for 2 days we realised the door was not actually locking. The staff were so rude like it was our fault. You can not use the pool outside it's disgusting, the pool insider is definitely not heated and they don't have a hot tub. The only good thing was the 20 min massage. Overall the customer service is appalling the building is disgusting and the services are definitely not as described.

There was only staff member who was polite.

Clearly not a 4 star hotel, people were leaving saying they would never come back. Well, me neither.
    • Family Room

Everything was unclean, from the corridor hall to the towels. No basic services and mostly all of it was unclean. It's supposed to be a 4 star hotel....

The Location was central and many services were close

This was the WORST hotel we have EVER stayed at in our ENTIRE life.
    • Family Room

The telephone in our room did not work at all so we had to keep going down the elevator to reception to actually ask in person for the things we wanted. The blankets in our room were extremely rough and very uncomfortable to sleep with. The elevator only carried 2 people at a time so for our big family, it took longer than we wanted it to be. Now for the breakfast. The croissants were hard and cold and to be honest there wasn’t much food for breakfast. It was a very small amount. The table cloth on our table was extremely dirty with lots of crumbs that hadn’t been cleaned and we hadn’t been given new cutlery. The porridge also had too much salt. The towels and bedding were not white even though they were supposed to be. Worst of all the electric cables for the lights were naked and they were just hanging out which is extremely dangerous. There were children around and we had to keep a close eye on them to not tamper with them.

We didn`t have meals at the hotel but I liked the restaurant...
    • Double or Twin Room

Condition of the bathroom, no free Internet

We didn`t have meals at the hotel but I liked the restaurant not far and the little shop in the neighborhood.

Check the above bullet points .

1.A/C did not worked. 2. Door access card never worked 3. Cigarette smell even in 2nd floor 4.Big problem (WiFi never worked). Reception advised WiFi works only for Samsung device and not for IPhone. 5.Dinner very cold.

Only the location of the hotel

Nadia, the clients referent in the hotel, were very kind to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi in our room was not working well... It was ok in the other part of the hotel

Nadia, the clients referent in the hotel, were very kind to help us organizing our trip and visit

Couldn’t wait to leave
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is absolutely shocking. Dirty, rude and untrained staff, food so shocking I wouldn’t feed to my dog. Description and pictures emphasised. You really need to do your homework booking.com because places like this give you a bad reputation and loss of customers, even if you are the internet’s version of a “middle man” Not good !

Absolutely nothing. I would not stay here again if it was free of charge.

Disastrous

As above

Nothing, hotel very run down, rooms very dirty and in desperate need of renovation. Staff dismissive and incompetent! At night it more of a Brothel...

room was last clean painted 10 years ago, cables out from the wall, old furniture
    • Double or Twin Room

room, it is like under construction, i would not let out this room withour complete repainint, re tiling of bathroom, mend of all scraps on the wall

Wouldn't come back

Breakfast service wasn't good, location is a bit far and not value for money at all, none of the services like spa etc in working form, gym is just a show to tick boxes, not functional, hardly any variety of food,

Somewhat helpful staff, City View from the room. Not much I guess

Outdated hotel
    • Family Room

This hotel was probably nice 20 years ago but it looks like no maintenance was done ever since. Room looked very dirty because of that. You need to pay extra for the indoor pool and fitness and cannot access it after 7pm. Internet connection was very bad and staff not very friendly.

Our hotel experience started very bad.
    • Family Room

Our hotel experience started very bad. First we had to wait 45 minutes to get our room. Our friends got a smaller room than booked - however this was not the bad part. The bed sheets were not really clean. There were stains everywhere and hair was on the pillows. The towels used to be white years ago. Apparently some ants also booked the room. We decided to tip the very nice and motivated cleaning lady to redo our rooms. However there were not really clean sheets or towels in that 'four star' hotel. Because of that we decided to buy at least some towels from a shop nearby. The breakfast at the hotel was the worst food we ate during our 11-day trip in Marrakesh (yes we endured 11 days in that hotel; but only one breakfast). The worst part was that our bidet leaked - so the water came out somewhere because it was not (... Dicht...). Some workers of the hotel decided to solve the problem by putting a towel (!) around the bidet (that's how we found out where the stains came from). There was unfortunately only one good thing about that hotel: it made us stay out very long and enjoy the city. To European standards this hotel should have maximum half a star.

it was barely okay

the rooms where not clean and the equipment was very old and damaged. the building seems like it need very urgent renovation work. the bed sheets smeelled

the location was very good everything was close and accessible. the staff were very helpful and nice.

Browse Imperial Holiday Hôtel & spa traveller photo gallery