Reviews of Hôtel Imperial Plaza & Spa 4 stars

5.5

5.9

6.1

• Suite with Hot Tub

Hallways need to be vacuumed. Table cloth in dining area was not clean. Breakfast selection was poor. Jacuzzi hot tub on the balcony side door was broken so you could see underneath it and the on off switch was not functioning properly. The water stayed in there since I checked in till I left it was not drained.

Location. Dinner variety was great. The rooftop area and pool are nice.

We pre-booked this hotel about a week before we flew to Morocco. We'd stayed in a hostel our first night and after 3 days in the dessert we knew we'd want somewhere nice and relaxing to go back to. Our dessert tour ran over time and we got back to the hotel a couple hours after our expected arrival time. When we arrived at the desk to pay we were advised that our triple room had been given away to someone else and were were sent to a room with 2 doubles. This wasn't much of an issue as it was me, my boyfriend and a friend of ours. However, when we got to our room on the first floor there was no wi-fi. When staying in what is supposedly a 4/5* hotel you expect to have wi-fi in your room. The staff were very unhelpful and suggested if we want to use the wi-fi we go stand on the 2nd floor outside the rooms where it was working! We were moved to another room, however, when trying to enter the key wouldn't work. The staff tried and there was an issue with the lock...we were moved back to our original room without wi-fi. The staff were so unfriendly and basically told us we come 2nd best to people staying more than one night. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Staff are very unhelpful and the decor is outrageous. In no way is this a 4/5* hotel Stay Clear!!

No shower curtain so the bathroom floor was wet. Air conditioner did not work. Sliding glass door to balcony had no lock. That worried me. Shuttle to airport was 200 dh when the going rate is 100 dh. We chose to take a taxi.

The breakfast was very good and the hotel staff was very friendly and let us stay an extra hour on the day we left. Room and bathroom were clean. Good value for money paid.

I've been coming to this hotel for ten years .... this was by far the worst it's been , feel sorry for the staff who do their best with little or nothing to do it with. shame it was a beautiful and could still be. The currant management seem to be spending a little money, new hall carpets etc., but there's a long way to go.

The hotel is what it says it is. Reception staff not helpful or welcoming at all- Abdallah was at reception when checked in and out. I nearly actually cancelled my booking after communication with reception at the desk It's not the cheapest for what it provides or for where it is. Would rate as average at best or below average for the star rating it has.

• Family Room

Very good family hotel. Pool on the roof is a plus because it is in the sun most of the day. Within walking distance of many good restaurants, plus the on-site restaurant is good. Taxis are easy to catch from right in front of the hotel. Will be staying here again in October!

The staff was rude and wouldn't help us at all. My glass were taken out of our room on the first day and they wouldn't ask the staff if they had been found or even look for them. Wouldn't help with taxis, lied about booking our airport transport. Wouldn't speak to us on check in waited for 10 minute while they spoke to each other and a driver ( driver came in after us). Rooms were clean but the shower didn't work had to hold the shower head to shower yourself. Adjoining doors were not locked, no towels had to keep asking for them. The photos they provide of the holiday on all internet sites are not accurate at all. On the last day a lady who was behind the reception helped us with a few things if she has been on duty some of the time we were there I think it wouldn't of been so bad

The view from the pool was the best thing on the holiday

The staff didn't seem to care about the guests. Reported twice about shower not working. They didn't do anything about it. Complained to the hotel manager about the rude and aggressive "restaurant manager" nothing was done. They don't have facilities to arrange taxis for guests. Difficult to arrange a taxi when I don't speak the local language.

I didn't like anything about the hotel. The staff were rude, aggressive, unhelpful and didn't do anything about other rude "guests". The only hot food during breakfast was pancakes. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Family Room

wifi never worked in hotel throughout our stay, hotel facilities were not free, if weather is not very hot, you will have to pay each and every time for indoor pool which works out expensive with children.

good food, staff was good and supportive location was convinient

The behaviour of some of the staffs were not helpful and rude.specially one of the person in breakfast area and the quality of breakfast was not so good.

The room was okay and they cleaned it everyday.

We asked for a 3 bedroom room, we had 2 beds and a guest bed. The shower and hairdryer were broken. Wifi was very weak and only worked on one side of the room. The hotel staff were not very helpful. The lady in the Hamam did not explain anything properly and then was very moody when asked anything. Overall not impressed at all. Had we not had a nightmare at the airport after waiting 2 hours in passport control, we would've complained and asked for a proper room but we were just glad to finally get to the hotel!

• Suite with Hot Tub

Staff were quite laid back when asked to help. Restaurant never had any pizza or vegetarian options, just chicken or salad sandwich all day. Free hammam was only access to steam room & this wasn’t explained, so I’d pay extra for a scrub next time. Check in took a little while which wasted our first hour. Taxi was overpriced, just pick one up from the airport.

Hot tub was luxury. Breakfast was well catered and tasty. Rooftop pool was nice but cold. Area is in new town by restaurants. Beer available at the bar but slightly overpriced. Bed was comfy. Shower was delightful. Don’t be alarmed that the hot tub isn’t full on arrival. Need to ask each time to have it filled.

Everything was broken and old the bathroom was like a public one and the tv doesnt work the view from the balcony was on a residence the bed was old like everything ... I couldnt support the smell of the pillows ...... Plz the photos are not the reality

It's outdated and needs a refurb. Lots of the furniture in our room was damaged/ scrapped etc. I wouldn't stay here if I was staying here for the whole holiday or for a romantic get away. Maybe for a large group of young friends on a cheap holiday it would do.

It's cheap. The pool on the roof is nice and has a good view. We stayed here for on night before we went to the airport and it was comfortable for that. The beds were comfy and we had 2 big double beds in our room.

Facilities wasnt great..the cloth on tables in breakfast bar wasnt good, not cleaned. The bed pillows were very hard. The hot water in bathroom wasnt good very slow. The staff wasnt great. After travelling from uk. We went in hotel at 11.30am.obviously they should at least offer us some kind of comfort, but when they offered us tea they actually charged us 50 dirhams for two cups of tea, water and mint!!!. We couldnt believe this. Some staff wasnt helpfull at all. Old furniture in lots of places. The smell wasnt good at all on 6th floor when we to relax at swimming pool. No staff to help us. We really wanted to cancel the hotel but they said we couldnt and we will not get refund. Hope booking.com looks into this please. Because if customers dont get satisfaction o the hotel we should be given the refunds back. The offer hammam was a trick! No scrubbing. And we had to have hammam ourselves!! Just like having a bath. This hotel was too far away from the main centre of attraction and this meant we spent so much money on taxis each day and them taxi drivers tried robbing us without putting metre on. Overall poor.

To be honest only maria the staff was nice and the young lad on reception at night was good

Evening buffet meal was poor , not hot enough. and not tasty . Breakfast was better, the pancakes were good. but hot coffee is a must without having to pay extra.

I did not like how dated it was, the room smelled of smoke and the beds were very uncomfortable, although the rooms were clean there was some parts that really let the hotel down, from 8am your towels are removed from your room and not given back to you until 4pm, you are not aloud to take drinks or snacks to your room which is quite frustrating if you are not doing all inclusive or if you simply want a bottle of water for your room, the bar is also VERY smokey and small and the prices for drinks are ridiculous. Although the hotel has a gym you have to pay extra to use it around £10 a day! And the spa in the hotel was out of use almost our entire week. The hotel is located right next to a school too which isnt mentioned anywhere when booking. Also be aware that extra tax is added to your price on arrival for myself and husband was about £30 more than the booking.com price. All in all do not be fooled by the nice pictures (as myself and another couple were) i cancelled a different hotel booking expecting this one to be better.

The property was clean and the room was cleaned daily to a high standard

They take the towels in the morning and bring them back early evening. Stayed in 2 different rooms, both beds uncomfortable. Doors didn’t lock that’s why we had to move rooms. Balcony doors never locked at all. Lights flickered a lot, sockets never worked properly in both rooms. Left was temperamental etc!!!

Some staff members where ok. I liked leaving the hotel (nothing good to say about this place but you have to give a few sentences)

The breakfasts and dinners are verry poor quality. my family and myself we refuse to eat such unhealthy and poor quality food. the staffs are irresponsable and not nice. the room space is big but no minibar, no phone working and no documentation.

The facility was clean but no availability of Hygiene products and towels are poor dirty qualty Clorox strong smell

• Family Room

I think the hotel is highly overrated, it should be 2 stars it was quiet, somewhat clean, but it needs to be renovated because all its facilities are kind of old and dated, the staff were nice and helpful, the breakfast buffet was fine .

Air conditioner broken Toilet extractor broken Tv remote broken Old uncofortable bed When i asked for my invoice system was broken When i asked for my room to be changed they gave me excuses like the person in charge is not available When i asked for a technitien to fix the broken equipements they told me they will send someone and no one was sent. Tge personal was not kind.. I dont remember seeing one of them smile even when I tried to make jokes. The music animation they do at night in the restayurant was audible from my room in the second flood

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. The hotel was clean. I thought the room was going to be a little bigger than it was but it was nice tho. The hotel staff was GREAT too.

The room was freezing cold, heater wasn’t working- staff offered to move our room or give extra blankets. The food in the restaurant is an absolute waste of money. On check out the staff accused us of stealing towels

The bed was 2 doubles which was amazing

Within 2 hours upon arrival I got food poisoning from the restaurant, I had to go to the hospital and was very ill for 26 hours. The hotel didn't do anything and basically charged me expenses for being sick. Furthermore was the manager quiet rude. Shower was broken, and the bed was uncomfortable. It's very noisy aswell you can hear the people in the room next to you whispering. Which I discovered being in bed for a good 20 hours .

The cleaning lady was very nice, supposedly the pool was very nice aswell. I didn't get to see it though.

The fact that they would make me choose between a noisy and a room without heating on very cold nights. The elevators barely worked, the rooms looked and smelled bad. I'd rate this hotel as a - 1 star. As an experienced traveller, having to make a last minute reservation caused me to miss the mark completely. All the rooms are smoking and the smell is disgusting.

Nothing to like about this property.

• Family Room

They emailed us confirming that they will provide us taxi and took extra money for that but one hour waited in front of the airport with two children but nothing turned up. Callled Hotel And they misguided us by telling a lie that taxi will be there but actually they didn’t do anything. Ac didn’t work last three nights.

Their freshly made pancake.

Cleanliness and more better hotel management .

The food was good but always the same menu. The staff were good especially Mr Hamid of the Resturant, he was down to earth. The beds were good to sleep on. Pillows were hard for us despite requesting for change but didn't change them. It seems like they gave us a deaf ear. The rooms quite spacious but we experienced some water shortages for some hours in a day for some days.

Breakfast was adequate, but a little expensive.

Hotel is clean, modern and comfortable. Air conditioning is effective and there are great views from the upper floors. Only 20 minute walk from the station.

There is no safe locker. The balcony doors don't get locked hence, that means the unknown neighbor can walk into your room which is dangerous. The mini fridge don't work. My friend was shifted 3 rooms since the main door was not working. Due to these drawbacks it is not safe room to leave any of your valuables inside the property. It is definitely over priced for these drawbacks. Lifts are old and didn't worked.

Bed was nice to get a good sleep.

• Suite with Hot Tub

The worst hotel I ever been in, the room was not good, no real air conditioning, no refrigerator, the breakfast was so bad, the spa was just a small cold from and the staff couldn’t speak English, the cleaning was really bad, the didn’t change the bed sheets and the “jacuzzi we booked in the room was dirty and so discussing. Please don’t book this hotel. Everything you see in the description on the website is not what you get in the realty. We checked out days before our department date because of the bad situation. And both me and my husband got sick.

Breakfast really bad . Even my family didnt like it at all .out of the topic taxis are rubbing people . That's extremely supper bad .

It was good .

That the swimming pool on the pictures look very big but it was actually pretty small, not enough sunbeds by the swimming pool, gym-very old and dirty and even you are a hotel guest you have to pay 100 derhams if you want to use it, that's why nobody was ever there, the choice for breakfast was very poor and there were never enough plates, glasses, knifes...., bread and croassants from day before...., dinner was mostly good, but you have to pay for drinks which are very expensive

Swimming pool, our room (suite), friendly stuff, cheap local restaurants with good food within 5 minutes walk from the hotel, woman making fresh msemen (moroccan pancake) for breakfast

• Quadruple Room

The attitude of some of the staff and the deceptive advertising. The wifi could only be used in reception. On a nightly Basis it was packed with guests in lobby . Toilets dirty in reception with no lighting or paper

Food was bad /plates cracked /dirty dishes

• Quadruple Room

We were given rooms in different level food not enough for all swimming pool smal cold water in Hamam we asked to leave but they won't refund us any money haircon was OK in one room not the other reception staff manager was rude I reported them to police

This is the first time booking.com let me down and spoil my holidays

This place are scanning people I did make reservations trough booking.com When I reached hotel they told me that they didn't have room for me. Even I told them that i did make reservations.when I insiste that I need room they send me to one of worse room they have without no AC , (inside room temp 100 degree. Room are nasty and no one even clean that room. Bathroom very filthy ) reason they give me that room because they didn't want me to be at thier hotel. Because I reserve with low dollars trough website after I log in to check on booking. Com I found them they raised price to 125 dollars instead of 60 dollars that's scan I will never recommend no one to this hotel people are very non honest even manager. I did called them after to make sure , I asked them if they have room receptionist said that they have plenty of room. And price was 95 dollars ?????i did called second day and mention that to your attention Thanks

• Suite with Hot Tub

Air con was awful room was boiling to the point me and my partner nearly passed out and the hot tub kept breaking

Mini fridge working well clean and comfy bed

• Family Room

The room was not as described in your website. There is no TV chanel and when I complained they said they had a problem and they promesed to fix it but they did not do any thing for 4 nights, there was no fridge as described in your website and when we complaint they said we removed them all because , there was no safe and when we asked they said you can keep your belongings at our office! ! We have stayed 4 nights at 350 euros for one double bed and one single bed without breakfast. However i had booked a double room for 43 euro on your website , i understand they had to add an extrabed for my niece who is 17 years but still the amount ee had to pay was very exagerated . Finally we had to look for an other hotel and when we did the check out and asked them for the bill they refused to give us a bill and they were very rude with us and when I insisted they gave us only a receipt of the amount we paid without any details regarding the quotation. The staff was very rude , unhelpful and agressive

The only think we liked there was the quietness

There was no iron to borrow, you have to send it to the laundry service for an extra charge. Too much smoking in the lounge comes up via the air vents.

Loved the traditional breakfast, the staff is friendly and speaks English/Spanish. Beds are comfortable, pool is beautiful and great service at the spa.

• Family Room

Myself and a friend contracted food poisoning from the breakfast buffet Our booking was messed up so had to pay more when we arrived and they would not let us cancel We had to move rooms 4 times!!

• Family Room

The staff at the reception didn'the respond when we ask about bringing to our room clean towels or toilet paper(we call twice reception in this matter)but nobody was send to bring needed things to our room. I did not like that during our stay in Imperial Plaza was fire at night.It is very memorable accident.Friday night on a first floor one room got on fire because of phone charging...We were located on 6.Scary night for everybody in hotel. Next day we were again by the swimming pool and one guy was checking checking my back when I was in a water.Heater was trying to steal something but thanks God I catch him before he tare anything from my bag.I alert the security.But because of the fire few hours earlier they could not check the record on the cameras...

The best thing about staying in this hotel was this nice men who is lifesaver in the swimming pool area.He was very nice and helpfull.He was making sure people coming to the swimming pool area have comfortable chair to sit or lay down.He care so much about kids in a water and he even had given my 9 years old daughter swimming lesson.The best part of our stay.

The staff was not friendly. The man who brought our bags up to the room was just downright rude to my husband. We stayed at a few different hotels in marrakech before and we never had someone bring our bags up to the room so we were not prepared for this. My husband gave him all the change he had on him aso our money was on a bank card. The man rudely gave it back to my husband and said it wasn't enough so he didn't want it . We were going to give him more money after we made some smallet change, but after that , absolutley not. Even checking in the staff acted as though you were bothering them. The air conditioning in the room was terrible, I had it as low as it could go and I was still hot. I had to press down the button on the toilet so hard to flush it. The elevators worked only sometimes. I stayed at nicer hotels for cheaper or around the same price, thus hotel was deffinitly not worth it. I felt like for all of the problems at this hotel it was not worth my money at all. I would recommend other hotels in marrakech, but not this one.

The pool was nice.

We were a group of 3 girls, got in our room, the aircon didn't work, there was 2 plugs in the whole room for 3 girls so you can imagine how much of a nightmare that would be, 1 of plugs didn't work because all the wires where hanging out, the balcony light didn't work, they had a safety box in all room which we got told known of them work at all so it was just for show, there was also no fridge!!!! The temperature was 42 degrees outside! We finally moved into a 2 person room which was a lot better, aircon worked okay, but they didn't offer any money back. The breakfast was the worst thing ever, dry bread, cold eggs, no water, could choose from about 4 things. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anybody. There was one member of staff who helped us out alot, if it wasn't for him we would of probably had to change hotels.

The only thing we liked was the pool but even then there wasn't enough sun lounges and very dirty water.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

First the air conditioning was crap in 2 rooms since I arrived, they moved me twice and finally guess what, they charge me for a missing face towel (€10) because they couldn't find it based on the room maker story. I did explain that we moved twice between rooms and it could be anywhere in this 2 rooms, plus is a 3 days story. Never again sorry

Hi, I visited the hotel few weeks ago with Familly it was good (location, room, swimming pool, free wifi...) so I decided to stay at the same hotel on my business trip to Marrakech.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Ended up being charged more upon arrival that they claimed was tax (£45 extra for our 7 night stay) Also the woman with curly hair harassed us three times during our stay about booking excursions with her but we explained we had booked some in advance through a company. The bathroom was basic and the TV stopped working on the 5th night of our 7 night stay. We had dinner in their restaurant one time and it was very basic but the same price as other nicer restaurants down the road and it is only a set menu which we weren't shown until we were seated. Had we known we would have gone out! We were not allowed to order drinks to take up to the room even though there is a number to call for room service.. The safe in our room didn't work and there was no room service menu. The bar by the pool didn't serve anything other than beer or soft drinks and didn't appear to be very welcoming as there were no menus for the bar unless you asked and often there wasn't anyone there. People didn't know they even served food up there unless they saw someone else have their food bought over.

The Room was a good size, the pool on the roof was great with nice views. The staff were mostly friendly and up for a laugh, very relaxed atmosphere. Booked a triple room and got 3 double beds which was a nice surprise. The men on the door looked out for us and always helped us to flag down cabs. The hotel in general was quiet and didn't disturb us. It did feel safe to stay in, in an otherwise unsafe city for us.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Family Room

The only problem that we faced is the poor WiFi and a small water issue in the bathroom .

I stayed in Imperial plaza with my friend . The hotel location is close to the city center and many restaurants . We enjoyed the swimming pool at the roof with very nice city view . Staffs were cheerful and friendly .

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Family Room

Booking says garden view, hotel has no garden. Overcharged the bills and took me quite few follow ups for refund. No proper planning on breakfast n laundry, specially swimming pool towel. No coordination within hotel activity -e.g not allowed to charged hotel transport & spa to room. No ironing facility (u are forced to pay for the service).

no comment

Well during my stuy at imperial hotel .was cool and peaceful . And the area was clean . Strong WiFi. And helpfull staff I ll come back again inchallah

• Quadruple Room

No mini fridges in the rooms were taken, safe not working in all the three rooms I have booked. Bathrooms tabes not working, shower handle is poor and the toilet flusher not working. Water start to drop from the ceiling when using air conditioning. Breakfast ok could be better!

The beds were comfortable, the rooms were nice.

• Quadruple Room

I did not like the fact my two rooms which I booked with booking.com were cancelled by the Hotel managent. Thinking that it might be a mistake from my end! I had to rebook it which was time waist and the children were tired from travelling. I did not like the fact the rooms I booked with single beds were not offered. The safe in all the rooms were not working, and the mini fridge in all three rooms I booked were missing. I had a diabetic child and I couldn't store her insulin because there were no fridge in cupboards. They had to stay in her travel pack for two days not happy wit this made a complaint to the Hotel management. they offered to leave all my child medication with them and they will keep it in the fridge at the Reception. I refused. The tap water in the bath were broken unable ne to have a shower, also the toilet seat flush is broken in room 119 the safe in all the rooms are not working which resulted in me carrying my passports and my money with me while out not happy with this. Finally while I was packing my suitcase water started to fall from the ceiling has got something to do with Air conditioning, I had to call the maintenance to fix it.

I did not like the fact my two reservations were cancelled by the Hotel management and I had to go and rebook the rooms again. Time waist. I booked three rooms with booking. Com for me and they were all confirmed. I did not like that the safe in all the rooms are not working the Hotel management stated that the are all not working in all the rooms. Which resulted in me carrying my passports and money with me all the times while visiting the city. I was not happy with is. Made complaints I did not like the fact no fridges in the rooms they Were cupboards for them but no fridges , I could not store my little girl insulin whom is diabetic. They had to stay in the travel pack for two days. Not happy, reported to the Hotel management I did not like the fact it was I cold water in a bath. And the handle to turn the water was broken also toilet could not flush in room 119. I had to go to another room I booked to the member of the family to have a shower. Finally while I was packing my suitcases water started to fall from the ceiling in to my suitcase . I had to call the maintenance to stop it and fix it. I asked for two keys for each room I booked with, but the Hotel stated they don't have spare keys only one key is given per room which means if anyone decided to sleep another person can not get in.

I liked the size of the beds, there were comfortable, the furniture the photos were similar in the booking. Com, the bathroom was nice. Air conditioning was working.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

When we arrived the the hotel- we were not given any welcome to the hotel. They didn't tell when breakfast would be, where the pool or spa were located. When we got to the first room there was a cigarette butt on the ground- so obviously the room wasn't cleaned. The next room the air conditioner didn't work nor the telephone. After 3 trips downstairs- they finally switched us to another room. In that room- we found a carton of cigarettes under the bed and no top sheet on one of the beds - but the air conditioner worked. The breakfast was the worst Moroccan breakfast I've ever had (and I've lived here for three years).

The pool

• Family Room

-Door of balcony did not close properly it allows outside noise. -The area was very noisy we couldn't sleep. -The toilet shower shutters edges are very unsafe (it wonded my foot). -the toilet towels are very dirty (very old) -Room service have no respect just knock and enter with room with out permission. -The bed is very small for two persons.

Close to my business area

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

We had to use stairs to go to the dining room, garden and swimming pool. There were no restaurants at walking distance. we needed to hire taxis.

The A/C in our room was not working .The room was facing the road. We could not keep the windows open, It was noisy when we tried to get fresh air at night. when we complained, we got a better room facing the swimming pool at no extra cost. Also the separate toilet had a health hose, which we appreciated. The breakfast was quite good. The staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Family Room

The room service was little bit slow. And in the hotel there is a kind of "psychedelic bar" because it's very dark with strange lights..I just lost my senses after being there 5 minutes..

The treatment was very nice, fantastic welcome massage by Selma she is professional and delicate, and nice treatment at the restaurant. The food was very tasty! At the reception they are all funny guys!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Wifi not working properly, poor breakfast, rude staff not willing to help you at all! Worse experience ever! Ask for taxi/activities/ordering food/print flight tickets..etc nobody will help you! Avoid this place if you don't want to ruin your holiday! As it was a gift for my fiancee birthday I regret so much that I did this mistake! Staff it's a nightmare!!

The only nice thing in this place was the pool on the roof.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Better breakfast

We first stayed for couple of nights cause we weren't sure if the hotel was good. But it was amazing. We had a big canopy bed and a very clean bathroom with a nice tub. As it was our wedding anniversary we asked for something a bit more special so we got a Junior Suite which was worth every penny. The room has a big balcony where we were able to put outside the chairs from inside the room and a table and have a coffee there. A great plus! The architecture of the restaurant and the hotel's entrance was very nice and really made us feel like in Morocco. Food was good but breakfast could me more different and have more options. It's not far from Medina (by taxy you pay about 1€ for 2 people). The area is really quiet and you can relax. Wifi worked really good. If you really want to feel like a king at this hotel book the Suite with the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi is located in the balcony of your own room and it is great! Nadia, the person from the hotel who books day trips for you if you are interested is a real sweetheart. She helped us with a lot of advice about Morocco and everything we need to know in order not to spend too much money when we go shopping. And every time we needed to ask something we could call her from the hotel. We booked some day trips from her to Essaouira, Ouzoud, Chez Ali restaurant, Ouarzazate, camel ride, Berber route and we were reallyhappy with all of them. Essaouira had the best fish food ever and it was included in the trip price. She booked a taxy for us every time we needed and the transportation from and to the airport was a lot cheaper through her.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The hotel was great. We had a double room but because we had our wedding anniversary we upgraded to a junior suite with a canopy bed. Excellent cleaning and very friendly workers. They speak English quite good, which was a plus for me, since in other hotels I have visited they didn't spoke English almost at all... Nadia, the person in charge of booking the day trips and giving advice was amazing. Because of her we had a very easy trip. She helped us with everything we needed to know about Morocco. Gave us a map and explained to us about the Medina and what to do and what not to do during our stay. She told us the best places where we can buy cheap and godo quality things and booked a cheaper taxy for us whenever we needed. If we had any questions we could always call her during our stay there. The day trips we booked from her were also amazing and we were really happy with the price of everything. The swimming pool on the roof has a great view and you can take some really nice pictures there at sunrise and sunset. Gym is not free of charge (it costs about 9€ per time) and neither is the sauna. If you book a min. of 3 nights then you get a 20min free massage (which was also really good and relaxing). The breakfast was very good, but too little options in my opinion. For example, the eggs were always boiled and never an omelette. If you wanted an omelette you had to pay about 5€ extra... But we loved the moroccan pancakes with honey and the coffee :) There is also fresh orange juice every morning. Same block with the hotel you have a small shop that is always open and you can buy whatever you need.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

In normal room bed is a little short if you are very tall like myself and partner. But overall everything good.

Amazing views of mountains from pool area. Beautiful dining room. Friendly and helpful staff. Delicious food. Luxury four poster bed in hot tub suite was huge compared to normal size. If you are very tall would recommend hot tub suite.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Suite with Hot Tub

The bed was a little short. My partner and I are very tall so our feet were a little over edge. For most people this may not be a problem. However, the luxury room we booked for our first night had an amazing huge four poster bed. There were a few problems with the hot tub but staff were very helpful and we got to have a wonderful bubbly soak on the balcony.

The roof top swimming pool area is beautiful and has an amazing view of the atlas mountains, we swam every morning and evening and spent our days sight seeing. The mosaic designs and pillars in the dining room are stunning, with the added chandeliers it felt like we were dining in a palace. Staff were very friendly and helpful, food was delicious.

• Family Room

Check-in was very difficult, the ponly girl in recpetion was very unorganised

After asking 2 times about it, finally they granted me my Genuis 2 hours check-out. Also i liked the pool.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Family Room

I don,t have something bad to say. I like it.

I love the pool and the view! Also the large bed - i slept like a princess. Good food, but it will be nice if they will change more the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Pls strip the hotel with 4 stars status. They don't deserve a single star. Public toilets r better then this hotel.

Pls don't recommend this hotel to anyone. I m going to lodge a proper complaint with photographic proofs with booking.com, ministry of tourism Morocco. We have been conned. We trusted booking.com but been betrayed by the company. I demand refund. I have around 50 photos to prove. Demands money for everything. Pay to use room locker, gym, spa ect.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

From staff's attitude to general Cleanliness and comfort everything is shocking! Stay away from this hotel as much as you can possibly! Its not worth paying not even a penny for it! Absolutely horrible! Spiders and dust and the bed sheets not even clean! Outrageous! Even if its not expensive you would expect to be clean at least but no! Breakfast an absolute joke! When you know you have just a few people having breakfast you make sure that everything is amazing! In imperial plaza hotel Marakkesh the mugs are dirty that puts you off and you dont want coffee anymore! Poor quality and poor choice! Better go out and have breakfast for 40 Dirhams thats about 4 pounds you can get an amazing breakfast in Extrablatt caffee or anywhere else! Horrible hotel from all points of view!

Nothing! The hotel is a big joke !

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Family Room

The staff were nice except for Nadia who is insisting of taking the excursions from the hotel which is way too expensive than the prices outside the hotel. The gym is not accessible unless you pay 100 dirhams per person. There is no kettle, coffee and tea in the rooms. The wifi is not available in the rooms. Had to stay by the corridor to get connection. Even local phone calls needs to be paid.

The location. Pool could be nice but it was freezing cold.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

No acoustical insulation at all. Carpets in the room were very dirty.Pay with bank card limited.Hot water production doesn't work well.The cleaning ladies fight on the corridor loudly.

The architecture of the restaurant and the pool on the roof.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

I wish I had read the reviews before booking this place. Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Staff not friendly at all and just want money out of you for excursions and offering us drugs. Room service doesn't exists in this hotel unless you're happy waiting 5hours for towels. The room stinks, uncomfortable beds and pillows. Shower was the worst, it was like someone was dribbling over me and it was cold. The rooms look nothing like the photos, jacuzzi only in VIP suites. Swimming pool filter wasn't working when we were there, got to the rooftop and it was green, we were promised it was going to be fixed within a day, surprise surprise it wasn't fixed at all. Hamamm was shut and over priced and finally if you not aware, there is this weird club downstairs which plays music all night long with locals and then it all kicks off after club with the fights and the noise. Avoid this hote if you can, waste of money

I literally liked nothing.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Staff members could have been more helpful and updated with information, half the gym equipments were broken, smells in the corridors, lifts breakdown frequently!

Location, rooftop swimming pool, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Family Room

The Staffing. The staff could not understand a sentence of english. Nadia was the woman who was supposedly in charge of guest relations. I would strongly recommend to be vary of her. If you do not agree with her and pay her then she will try her best to be a huge inconvenience. As a family of 6, she attempted to overcharge us immensely for excursions. If you turn right out of the hotel and walk left along the main road. There is a large number of people who will be willing to do what Nadia does at half the price. For example Nadia attempted too charge us 800 dirhams for a double quad bike and 500 for a single. A man approached us with a price of 350 dirham for a double or a single including snacks and transport. Ask these companies for private cars. For example Nadia was trying to charge us 2500 dirham for shared bus to casablanca. The private car cost 1400. She also will try to fool you and not tell you the full price of anything. I have also heard from many people that she will get you to pay upfront and in case of an emergency will not provide refunds. As we didn't fall for Nadias tricks she had one last attempt to extort money. The night before our last day, my mum and dad fell ill therefore we required a late check out. Downstairs i repeatedly asked the receptionist and another member the price and they said it would cost 300 dirhams more. In the morning my parents tried to pay and Nadia told them that they had made a mistake and that it should be 450. I came down and spoke to the hotel receptionist and was told it was 300 dirhams. She is not directly employed by the hotel therefore do not believe what she says. On the last day all the lights had blown in our room and the hotel receptionist told us she would bring a lamp but she did not as per. At the bar on the rooftop terrace, the man plucks numbers from his head. I asked for 6 bottles of water. He thought about it and asked for 100 dirhams.

The only positive thing about this hotel was the lifeguard Rasheed. He was lovely and caring

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

The hotel was nothing like the way it was described on the website. Has to be the most disappointing holiday ever. Everything was awful; there was no music by the pool and if there was it was rude and and always on repeat. There was no food facilities; we were told to go to local restaurants. It was nothing like we had expected so we tried to leave the hotel shortly after viewing it . We weren't allowed to go as they would have charged us for the whole week regardless of the fact that we weren't going to stay. The pool area turned into a shisha lounge from around 4pm to early hours of the morning which was open to the public. This was often loud and as people would come and go as they please often intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. This kept us awake all night so we had to sleep during the day wasting our holiday time. If booking.com made it clear that this was not a hotel suitable for families at all then we wouldn't have wasted time and money going to this hotel. The description on the website led us to believe that we would enjoy our stay but this was not the case for us.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Bathroom suitable for 2 and 1/2 stars hotel. Breakfast quite poor for the price, even if we had a reduction, 55 dirham but always too much. But the most disappointing aspect is the professionality of the staff 'just enough': we booked a massage / hammam (comprised in the room price) in the morning for the afternoon... and the masseuse was missing at 18.00. Unaccettable.

If you do not like the confusion of Jamaa El Fna place, it could be the right place.

Good friendly place

• Suite with Hot Tub

There was a massive long list of things that are broken

Very clean

Not very clean

Very old towel Need clean and white new towels

Service was good