Reviews of Jm Suites Hotel & Spa 4 stars

161, Angle Bd Rachidi & Moulay Hassan 1Er, 20000 Casablanca, Morocco

#48 of 77 hotels in Casablanca

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The room is big, has kitchen and balcony.
    • Junior Suite (1 Adult)

I had some problems with staff. They didn't have ink to print clearly the receipt of payment and they said that they will send it by email, but it's been one week and all my calls and emails were igonred!!! Plus, I asked for a kettle in the room, and it was ignored as well.

The room is big, has kitchen and balcony. The hotel has the bar on the 5th floor, which is nice as well. The location is good and everything is not far.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We enjoyed every moment in our stay.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

We enjoyed every moment in our stay. The environment was beautiful and clean, while the staff was more than welcome, warm and helpful to assist in every way possible.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location near most consulates also.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Property was fine but the traffic is terrible on the roads surrounding the hotel. Use Valet to park rental cars!!

Great location near most consulates also. Surprised they even have mini kitchens in the rooms, which could be helpful for people. Valet parking was good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Nice hotel, cool rooftop bar with mix of locals and tourists.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Nice hotel, cool rooftop bar with mix of locals and tourists. Outstanding service, had some problems with getting our rental car. The host provided very useful information, made calls and let us use the hotel phone for free, arranged taxi’s and train tickets so that we could continue our trip.

Very nice hotel and good location friendly staffs
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The only thing that I don’t like is 2 security in the front they want to still my money I want to buy cigarettes I pay them even extra and they told me that I didn’t give them money

Very nice hotel and good location friendly staffs

I don't recommend it specially for female travellers.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The staff! We had a really bad night when 5 men came to our room at midnight to wake us up and ask us to take out the man we were supposed to hide! The security guys wanted to check our room while my friend was sleeping. Which they did after she put on a coat. The "manager" was so rude shouting at us that we gave a card to a man and that they saw everything on cameras! We were so shocked!they finally went down with no excuses and we had to go back downstairs to ask for excuses finding a manager shouting at his employees and saying it was a mistake...simply like that. We were going to the police office the next day when the director came to speak to us and apologized for what happened the last night. He didn't want us to pay our staying. How can I sum up our staying? The location and suites were fine but the staff specially manager and security guys were everything except humans.They are not professional: we don't treat customers like criminals by mistake! This hotel needs an elevator for the rooftop and another for the suites. This is for customers' security.

Short stay
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

There is a very nice bar in The rooftop but it wasnt pleasant for us because we needed to sleep early to wake up early for an appointment.

The room is cosy and nice. Location is excelllent.

The staff were fine, the location of the hotel isn’t bad...
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

One way streets all around the hotel make it difficult to reach with a car. The hotel doesn’t have a parking garage, rather parking cars next to the street adjacent to the hotel- however there’s not enough parking, I saw the valet idling in my car for over 20 minutes waiting for a spot to free up. The bar on the roof has loud music which lasts until 1am that can be heard throughout the hotel, so good luck sleeping. I also woke up one day to find a small spider in my bed, and saw a cockroach in the hall.

The staff were fine, the location of the hotel isn’t bad either other than the difficulty reaching it.

I liked the facilities and the size of the rooms.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Rooms gave away this smell of humidity. Room not clean. Staff not speaking English, only basic words, even at the reception.

I liked the facilities and the size of the rooms.

Good price luxury
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

First, airport to the hotel best option is the train. When I called the hotel asking for transportation they offered a private taxi for around 40 dollars ,he told me regular taxis are 30. When I arrived to the hotel the same receptionist told me, the best option is the train after paid 30 dollars taxi. I was impress. Why he didn't recommend me the train? He said because I didn't ask, but I did ask for options, not specifically about train. On my reservation I asked for a superior floor, he told me everything was full and gives to me a first floor room and the advise about live music can be noisier untly 1 am. Ahh ok. I ask for other options he said, no. Music didn't disturbed me, but the room had this external constant noise from air conditioner machine. Next thing. I was killing for a hot bath on my room, ahhh, imagine what, no bath on my room. But my booking said bath. I went to the front desk and the man didn't stand my question and came whit me to the room in a GRUMPY MODE. He sow me the door of the bathroom like digesting I was idiot enough to don't found my bathroom. I sow him on my phone the word BATH and he realize my question, he said it was a booking.com error. I suggested him for a compesation, he said mayyybe a cocktail, I said dinner, he said ok breakfast for free. I was happy in the end

This place have a cosmopolitan and luxury taste. The restaurant have amazing food, I enjoyed live flamenco music on my dinner. The authenticity of the markets around is something else.the room is really comfortable. After a misunderstood I got a courtesy breakfast.

Nice stay in Casa
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Noise from the lounge till late. Hard to park except valet. No iron in the room. I never like the concept of separated WC from the bathrooms which is common is some Casablanca hotels.

The hotel was really nice with strategic location in the heart of Casablanca. Rooms were spacious and beds are really comfy. Decoration is nice. Nice kitchenette

Nulla- Nothing
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

There was noise of the restaurant in the same floor until 2:00 in the night, then doors banging, i could not sleep at all after many hours of driving our plan was to have an early sleep and now the day after we feel so much worst. I think this is unaccettable. Also the staff didnt help us at all. they should have told us! or help to find a solution! sleeping in the car was more confortable ! The wrost experience in my life.

Nulla- Nothing

Be carefull
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The tricky way they tried to change us differently that was accorded by the booking.com (and the problem was not only a small difference it was twice as the price. And also tryed to blame the local tourist taxes. Not only this at the end of thousands of calculations to show them that they will not make me fool they said that didn't could pay them in Euros (even telling me that I could in some moment during the negotiation). So I strongly recommend to avoid this place, not for the facilities and comfort but for the way they treat us trying to charge us way much more.

the hotel is really good, with excellent rooms, good kitchen (with few utensils but ok). The roof top is a really good place and have good food.

Not what we expected at all
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Big kitchen but NO utensils. One fork, 2 spoons . No knives,no watercooker, no teacups and only 1 glass. Big kitchen but you cannot use it! Furniture slightly worn down. Claustrofobic lobby

Roomsize and bathroom and toilet. Sensational rooffterrace. But nobody there at 9 at night. Felt like we were the only guests anyway.

A good spa hotel
    • Executive Suite (03 Adults)

There was a loud music until 1am. It could be fine but not for family with kids. Also it was not obvious how to set up internet.

Very good personal and rooms. I would recommend it if you want to visit hammam, karaoke and dance (it was not my case though).

I do not recommend this place
    • Junior Suite (1 Adult)

Extremely noisy with the club going on the rooftop till late. TV did not work. Staff unmotivated as slow. Rooms have aged and the corridor smelled of cheap air freshener. Breakfast and Food was below average. And the whole thing expensive for what it is. Not recommended at all! After all my complaints, got no discount.

Central

comfortable, but loud
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

I read reviews before, and made sure I got a floor close to the ground floor, to avoid noise from the roof top bar. So on the second floor, instead we got the noise from the spanish resturant below... :/ very loud even with windows closed...

BEWARE BED BUGS! Deceptive pictures !
    • Executive Suite (03 Adults)

Pictures were extremely deceiving. We thought we booked a "family suite" and got one small cramped room with two beds and a sofa bed right in front of the two beds. The balcony was not as pictured - it was literally so small only one person could stand there at one time. Next- BEDBUGS in the beds!!!! We all got bit by bed bugs!!! The bathroom also would flood terribly! After a shower the water had traveled all the way to the Kitchen area . We had to use the bedbug infested comforters as floatation devices. Also the shower room didn't have a TOILET. There was a separate toilet room- which had no sink(?!) so if you used it you had to walk across and wash your dirty hands in another room. The kitchenette was poorly equipped! Nothing in the "minibar" no complementary coffee :-/ . There were one cup and a half , and a dingy plate. The sink was filled with dirty water and dishes and it didn't drain. The light switches in the room were also strange-some turned on one light and some of them turned off the power to the entire room(!!!?) On top of everything else the room smelled like onions and spices.

I didn't like anything. Wait, I loved the bedbugs and bites that consumed our bodies!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Not a great experience
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

We stayed here 5 years ago and had a great experience, this unfortunately was not a repeat. The room we were given was not made up and was a bit dirty. The AC did not work and when I asked to get it fixed, they assured me it was, It was not. It was very hot in the room and we had to open the windows.There is a very nice bar on the rooftop, but noise from it kept us awake all night. Maybe if the AC had been working it might have drown out the noise.

Great location. Most of the staff was quite nice.

A nice accomodation which can be improved. Good staff.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Some details of the bathroom and the room are a bit old or not in perfect conditions. The windows don't have a good acoustic insulation so the acoustic comfort is badly affected.

The bar on the rooftop is a nice place to stay. The food is quite good and the drinks are ok. The room is spacious.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great location, excellent staff, noisy
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

We stayed on the second floor and it was extremely noisy from both the street noise and noise from the roof-top bar. The mattress was quite uncomfortable and should be replaced but otherwise the room was very clean and well appointed.

The hotel staff were excellent, very helpful with directions and questions and quickly responded to any of our questions or concerns. It is in a very convenient location with plenty of restaurants close by and easy walk to tourist locations and train station.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The best hotel in casa
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The apartment was very clean and comfortable bed Very good location next to many shops , supermarkets and restaurants. I would like to thank all the staff specially Sami and Hicham.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

There is a big clup on the roof and they played music till morning. Sleeping is impossible. The rooms are not clean. The workers are not kindly. Every thing was bad. The horrible choise for me.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The worst otel in morrocco
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

High level of music msintains 4 oclock night. And staff said that all clients said these. And owner of the hotel doesnt interested in clients problem. And our room 305, bed was dirty. When we call the manager, he didnot come. We wanted money or closed the music they said its your problem. When I read other clients notes I am wondering. Bed otel bed organizasyon

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

location and surroundings make this poor hotel a good compromise
    • Junior Suite (1 Adult)

room lighting is very poor, needs 5 to 10 minutes before hot water comes through in shower, TV not working, room was cold and couldn't adjust temperature

delicious Msemen @breakfast, location is great, roof top bar + restaurant downstairs are very nice and convenient

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Business trip
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Wifi in my room not stable but got helped by the staff to connect on a better one [just ask], TV is small with limited channels and input

Everything, one of the places not to miss while in Casa, room service is amazing, the stuff is so friendly and helpful, big thanks

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Friendly staff good location
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

There wasn't a real gym Noisy at night

Friendly staff good location

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Rooftop

Slow lift

Rooftop

Nice Trip to Casablanca
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Great service, closed to centre

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Coonrdination between the booking site the hotel

Coonrdination between the booking site the hotel

Great place. Great staff

The staff was perfect

Nice people at front desk and room service
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Too much noise. Very dark place hallway and facilities in general.

Nice people at front desk and room service

Choice of restaurants,especially lively roof top bar.

Noise from main roads.

Choice of restaurants,especially lively roof top bar. Hotel very well placed for central sightseeing.

Breakfast.

Very noisely.

Breakfast. Stuff

Small size matters: individual care
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Night club visitors... too many

Small size matters: individual care

Thanks

Non

The bed comfortable

Roof top

Roof top

was very noisy even at night

was very noisy even at night

Great location, good comfort and staff, breakfast price illogic
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

The price of the breakfast (170 Dh). At 50 m, on Bd My Youssef, an equivalent breakfast was offered at 25 Dh.

The tapas in the restaurant

Love the room.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Love the room. Really comfortable and quiet. Good restaurants attached to the hotel, although we only tried one of them.

Quality suites in the heart of Casablanca
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Some of the equipments have aged and need maintenance

Spacious room with quality linen.

Big room, helpful staff

Very noisy with a concert going on till 2 AM

Big room, helpful staff

Not friendly staff

Not friendly staff

Good bed
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

No shuttle airport even if it was declared via booking as option

Good bed

absolutely perfect

everything

Thank you, staff!
    • Executive Suite (03 Adults)

The property is not the same as my first visit. Pas très fameux !

The staff was helpful. Its kindness eased up my disappointment with the place.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Amazing staff friendly and very helpful
    • Executive Suite

The noise from the street was getting to my sleep time and the guy in the next room was noisy

Amazing staff friendly and very helpful

I like jm suite &spa the best hotel service

No thing wrong

Amazing and very best service

Lied about having parking.
    • Executive Suite (03 Adults)

Lied about having parking. .no parking on site

The hotel is too noisy

The hotel is too noisy

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

We found the stay very satisfying. Services were great and the staff very helpfull. Value for meney.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

TV could not find English challange.

Great and friendly staff. In room WiFi could be better. Services excellent and staff always willing to assist.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Spa area was turn off

Spa area was turn off There were 2 machines and they called a gym

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Construction was going on when we were there, woke us up...
    • Executive Suite (03 Adults)

Construction was going on when we were there, woke us up every morning and went on all day!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The hotel staff was very helpful and baught an adaptor for...
    • Junior Suite (1 Adult)

The hotel staff was very helpful and baught an adaptor for me when there is no adaptor available in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Okay but could be much better_
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Dirty old towels, no mini bar in rooms, not very tasty food at the restaurant

Well set up room, good location

Staff were friendly
    • Executive Suite (03 Adults)

Bathrooms leaked and even after letting them know about it, it wasn't fixed

Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Great place for a family stay
    • Executive Suite (03 Adults)

Great suite, easy access to the tram and helpful staff. The rooftop bar was a nice addition.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Friendly and helpful staff
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Rooms are really dull with no amenities for the kitchenette

Friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 27 May 2016

5 minutes by taxi to old city which costs less than 1 US$.

Noise from nearby construction site. late night room service not available.

5 minutes by taxi to old city which costs less than 1 US$. Nice Spanish restaurant and roof top bar.Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

The highest price in my Morocco trip.

The stove was broken that I couldn't boil water.But the staff helped me to boiled it.

The highest price in my Morocco trip.But also was the most comfortable.I slept well.Sheets and pillows smelled so good.The rooftop's bar is nice.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

The room was very good in space and has a great balcony...

I didn't like that you hear the noise and loud music from the two bars at the top and bottom of the hotel until mid night. I didn't like the hotel handling of my booking and requests. I have arrived to JM Suits around 1:30AM from Casablanca airport to be told be the hotel reception that they booked me a room in a nearby hotel! It is bad because my booking was confirmed and the hotel was notified about my late arrival. It is also bad because the hotel did not notify me in advance about this change.

The room was very good in space and has a great balcony overlooking the street.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

Just about everything - huge, comfortable bed;

Honestly, I cannot think of a thing, other than I'd like to have stayed longer in both JM Suites and Casablanca. Just perfect.

Just about everything - huge, comfortable bed; location; restaurant; enormous room efficiently organized; wonderful shower. Elevator - no kidding. After all those lovely riads, it was a treat getting into an elevator. Great weekend rate. Once we checked in we never left the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

size of the room

this is not a 4 star hotel, maximum 3 stars. window wouldn't close so all the traffic could be heard. all equipment and furnishings are in horrible condition.

size of the room

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

large room, friendly staff, restaurant in the hotel buiding,...

my room was on the first floor. tooooo much noise: from the street, from the bar/breakfast room (too much noise to prepare the room in the night for the breakfast), room not well isolated from other room. poor "looking" breakfast.

large room, friendly staff, restaurant in the hotel buiding, nearby other restaurants. good wi-fi.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2016

Comfortable Beds and room design.

Noisy because of the bar in top. Poor room service , you sould call them 3 times to bring your order.

Comfortable Beds and room design. Clean . Good location. Friendly , English Speaking Staff.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Hammam in the hotel was great!

Massage was not worth it. Construction was going on at the hotel. Halls and lobby were dark. It was good that they had valet service, but we'd often have to look around for the valet attendant (not a good thing when the hotel is on such a major intersection!)

Hammam in the hotel was great! Location was pretty central. The suite was pretty good. Staff was kind.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

The area was excellent (very close to the US Consulate) as...

The area was excellent (very close to the US Consulate) as was the staff. The room was nice (we upgraded to the next larger suite; I heard that the "normal" suite was somewhat small).

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

Location for purpose of business trip.

Started off with opening the door to an uncleaned room with a 'do not disturb' sign on...!!! Went down and swiftly got another room - no problems with that. Had great coffee maker in the room, but no coffee capsules to fit! Breakfast buffet supposed to open at 7.00, I came at 7.15 to have enough time before first meeting at 8.00 and the concierge had to "check if it was ready" ... Fully set up around 7.30/7.40 and no sign of omelet lady. Staff was jokingly talking/ arguing about whose job it was setting up, while the buffet was not yet set up..... I basically had miniature sandwiches consisting of toast and meat OR cheese and coffee for an advertised value of 170 MAD. (You can have great, full breakfast for 50-70 MAD at any nearby cafe) Then a simple check out took 10 more minutes although I had requested the bill to be prepared ahead of time. Staff nice, but not exactly professional

Location for purpose of business trip. Nice area to walk and explore in.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

Friendly receptionist and concierge.

Furnishing in the rooms is old and not kept well, bathroom is not very clean, shower doesn't work properly, toilet seat is not fixed properly, room service is the longest ever (2 hours), noisy, electricity stops for hours.

Friendly receptionist and concierge.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

Location is nice, staff are friendly and helpful

Room was fair clean. i saw quite a lots dirt on the linen and the sofa. Room service was not so good, no one answered the call until i called serval times to the front desk. All in all, sort of overpriced.

Location is nice, staff are friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

The airline lost our bags.

The airline lost our bags. This hotel could not do enough to help. The reservations manager spend two days hunting down our bags, nothing was any trouble for him at all. We felt like we were really cared for and we cant thank the hotel enough for saving our holiday. When you are somewhere unfamiliar it is so important to feel like you are looked after, this hotel went above and beyond to make sure we were. I cannot reccomend this hotel enough. If we return this will be the place for us. What amazing staff.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

This place is brilliant, pool a bit on the small side but...

Nothing. We will be back next visit. Wish we found this place when we arrived a month ago.

This place is brilliant, pool a bit on the small side but cool and wet and plenty of sun. Breakjy brilliant and wonderful neighbour hood for food.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Front desk staff - kind and welcoming.

During our stay we experienced several issues that just shouldn´t happen in a place which is bold enough to present itself as 5* hotel! We had to be moved during the first night because of the extremely loud music. This new room had a tv without sound. When asking to fix it (three times), we were assured they will. Well... They never did. We had a homeless under the window yelling one night, whole night. When insisting on calling the police, the staff refused (?!). Bar was never opened, several rooms are under reconstruction, so there is loud noise during the day which makes it impossible to rest or even to stay in your room. Breakfast was very poor and never ready on time. Lady who was supposed to make omelletes was never there, nor were many basic items, like yoghurts, bread or butter. Once, when my wife asked for yoghurt, we were rudely told "yoghurts are finished", which was ridiculous, since there were barely other guests that morning! After we went to fd about this, yoghurts "miraculously" appeared on the catering table! Also, they often switched fresh orange juice with just a orange lemonade to save some money. There were too many of these little "things" that spoiled our enjoyment. The day before our departure we didn´t get a room service because apparently they misread our booking and they thought we were leaving that day. Also, the taxi they called for us to the train station cost us three times more than average rate in Casablanca for such distance. This place has so much potential but is so very poorely led by non-caring management...

Front desk staff - kind and welcoming. Spatious rooms, comfy bed.

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.