Reviews of Hôtel Marrakech Le Semiramis 4 stars

Bp 525 Rte De Casablanca, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#830 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

5.5

Decent

They spent too much money on making the lobby and pool area look nice, and not enough on the rooms. The Air Conditioning was absolutely rubbish and had to change rooms twice. Firstly, our room wasn’t ready and other people were still staying in that room, the second room was way too hot and stuffy as the AC wasn’t working. You can’t stay in a hot country with little or no AC!

The pool, garden and lobby were the only nice things... the staff were friendly, although some didn’t understand English at all (but we’re still smiling and nice).

It was pleasant but next time maybe we chose another hotel.

Cleaning staff very loud, they wake up the other guests during their work and this should not happen. Bed was very comfotable, I asked for 1 large bed, but they gave us 2 singles and put together.

Nice pool area

Great value for the money!

Hotel was under staffed for a couple days at the pool area. My kid got hurt and there were no one to help or offer first aide. I think they could do better specially that most people are tourists and they want their kids to be safe.

Swimming pool is a great place for both adults and kids.

Excellent value for money

Was about an hour walk from the market place which was advertised as shorter. However walk was enjoyable.

Clean and spacious rooms. The outdoor pool is second to none and well monitored by the staff. Anyone who moans about this hotel are forgetting how much it cost them. Inexpensive, clean, fantastic pool and great value for money.

The garden area was the best part of the hotel.

Some staff were a bit rude. The rooms did not meet up to the expectations of the pictures shown online

The garden area was the best part of the hotel. The pool was lovely!

Will never come back here.

Breakfast was not as expected

Air condition was not working we called the reception 5 times and they did not come then they came @ 11:00 pm and not fixed Request for towels many many times but did not get till 11:09 pm when I went to reception and shouted at them.

Stuff very helpful, fantastic vue beautiful place to relax...

WIFI is hardly available which is annoying 😠 also no kettle in a room and not permitted. Unusual for 4* hotel

Stuff very helpful, fantastic vue beautiful place to relax and enjoy the sun

A terrible Semiramis

The rooms were not properly clean. The prices were incredibly high in regards to the quality of the and the standard of the premises.

The garden was fine and that's probably the only thing worth the stay, the rest is really terrible.

the pool is very nice, and the view is lovely.

Emman was especially rude to us, we waited a whole day to be moved into the room we wanted. They didn’t even offer us complimentary lunch to compensate for the day we wasted because of them. Ice costed 50 dirhams, and it took about 4 calls to get anything we wanted. For the price you can get better, as the hotel is far from almost everything so you spend a lot on taxis.

the pool is very nice, and the view is lovely.

Was a great hotel in the 80s

The bathroom was full of mushrooms that made you afraid to breath there. The breakfast was medium good. Don’t eat there dinner is very expensive and remains from breakfast. 5 km away from the city center but that is good because you can’t stay in that touristic agitation. You get crazy from the locals.

The pool and the garden are fantastic

Good location, all the necessary facilities are there.

Shower locks are broken, no Air conditioning working, late provision of Requirements such as towels and baby bed.. lastly and most importantly they charged us for something we didn't order .

Good location, all the necessary facilities are there. Friendly staff .. good swimming pool

WILL NEVER RETURN. THEY INTIMIDATE TRAVELERS (dont stay here!!!!)

The staff were insane. Rooms were basic. Location is rough.

The staff was terrible and treated me horribly. They were yellingatme during checkout accusing me of dining innthe restaurant when I didnt. I think they thought because I was a single female traveler that they could intimidate me into paying dor something i didnt use. He was screaming and twlling security to block me in so I couldn't leave for the airport. It was terrible and disgusting behaviour. I am embarrassed for them and want my money back.

Peace of mind

To be honest I didn't find anything which I didn't like.

Management-very helpful and cooperative.smiling face and always eager to help out staff.locatiin.standard of cleanliness.food.

A good choice of hotel

Breakfast and dinner food is Moroccan, I guess, with little attempt to appeal to Chinese or western tourists. The hotel offers poor value food and drinks when much better can be found at nearby restaurants.

Nice 4 star standard bedroom and bathroom. Superb swimming pool and garden. Large hotel feel. The room rate was very good value.

Very pleasant stay: friendly staff, nice restaurant and pool

The location was a little out of the way from the centre, but not so far as to be totally impractical. Le Jardin Majorelle are within reasonable walking distance. The Wi-Fi connection is very poor which isn't great if contacting relatives to let them know how things are going, however it's a good reminder not to spend so much time on the internet while on holiday too.

I found the staff at the hotel to be really helpful. This includes not only the reception staff, but also the cleaning staff who were very courteous and kind, and the good humoured and friendly restaurant staff also. A few staff members didn't speak English, but even so, they were very patient and understanding as I tried to converse in bad 'high school level' French. (I've seen other reviewers complain about staff not speaking English, but personally I don't think it's reasonable to go on holiday to another country and expect everyone to speak your own language. It just isn't going to happen.) I found the rooms quite comfortable, and also got a chance to try out the swimming pool area which was very nice and relaxing.

Good value for money

Property needs a lot of maintenance - during our stay it was raining and the rain was coming through the ceiling in the lobby, as well as in one of the rooms. Kettles and irons should be provided in the rooms as this will be beneficial for guests especially when travelling with children. The kids play area also needs updating/maintaining.

The breakfast buffet was good, Rooms were fairly spacious. Location of the hotel was decent. Pool area was large and the kids enjoyed their time here.

Chaotic start, but extremely enjoyable after that!

Unfortunately, we had a bit of a disaster when we checked in. We were brought up to our triple room with pool view (which we had requested months ago) and as we started to unpack I noticed there were cases belonging to someone else in the corner of the room. I returned to reception to be told this room was in fact taken. The staff at reception didn’t seem shocked that such a mix-up had occurred, they weren’t very apologetic and just told us that mistakes happen. After being shown 2 dark rooms facing the car park which we declined staff offered us a double room with pool side view. They said they would bring us another bed which there was plenty of room for. Mohammed came to the door with a pop up bed and before he brought it into the room we explained what had been happening to us. He went and took a single bed from another room and moved it to ours and made it up for us. He got us towels/ shampoos/ soap and everything for our bathroom and even decorated the room with some fresh flowers. We were so so greatful that someone was finally taking us seriously. Mohamed saved our trip. Once this was all sorted we actually did really enjoy our stay. However, we opted to not have our room cleaned each day because there is a sign in the room that says the hotel holds no responsibility if anything goes missing from your room. This didn’t sound very promising to us so we kept the do not disturb sign on our door everytime we left the room!

The pool area and reception are beautiful. After spending 2 nights staying in a riad in the old medina this resort felt a million miles away from the hustle and bustle. It was peaceful and relaxing and we really felt safe and comfortable staying here. There are two gift shops in the hotel which are definitely worth having a look in. The selection at breakfast was excellent, we left satisfied each morning. Some members of staff went above and beyond for us. Breakfast and lunch staff were extremely friendly and were happy to get you anything you requested. Mohammed made our stay extra special by being so reliable and getting anything we needed for the room. The hotel is a short drive to the new town area full of shops and restaurants, Taxi’s can take you there for 20-30 diram. Felt like a different holiday/ world to the old town within the city walls.

What did I like? Not a lot.

Checking in. Loads going on and que jumping. Very disorganised. No real personal greeting. Been in building 10 minutes. Filled out a check in slip. Still don’t feel welcome yet. Ahh 15 minutes in and money taken I even get a smile from Fatima. 5 staff, but most of the time they were searching through paperwork and shuffling it around on the desk. Hooray a key to the room at last. Not such a good room, it had not been cleaned the bed had not been changed basically it was not ready. No problem they will give me another room I’m sure. Yes, they give me another room. Whoops. This still has someone in it. Third time lucky? No. The third room had not been made up. The pillow cases had been removed leaving stained manky pillows on show. Yes. I got a room over an hour after booking in. I did complain to the manageress. I had to suggest compensation for poor service. I did manage to get a free buffet dinner. :-( I was also told “well it’s not the dearest hotel around” On the day of departure. The maid just walked into the room to make it up. Once realising I was in there she did back out. Next time knock. Do the staff communicate? I have never felt so unwelcome in a Moroccan hotel. Having stayed in 6 hotels in Morocco. I do have something to compare it to. I did have to speak to Fatima again, once again she smiled and was pleasant. Thank you Fatima.

What did I like? Not a lot. I have never been stuck for words and usually find some good. But not this time.

Gardens and swimming pool

Food quality very bad, I would rate is as 1 star hotel, I was expecting more variety. later on, we figured out that the cook and most of staff were hired to cover the season only. bad experience we have faced over there.

Gardens and swimming pool

Nice hotel but would not stay again

First room we were given had broken terrace doors. Waited forever to get moved to new room. Corridoor outside of room pitch black (had to use flash on phone to see where to swipe key card). Hammam not switched on gym very dated and nothing worked.

Good location. Enjoyed the pool area and drinks got served to us. Quick check out.

Food was excellent.

I was sure I booked breakfast when I booked the hotel but on departure was told that I hadn’t and therefore had to pay extra for it.

Food was excellent.

Very bad hotel staff were very rude we got to the hotel rooms were complete mess ..... and stunk

The website did not advertise as stated false advertisement not as stated in advertisement

Nothing at all rooms were too small the views were absolutely crap

Location was good, stayed in the medena first which was...

The hotel is full of damp, there's leaks in quite a few of the ceilings so alot of bad smells. Never went for food in the hotel but we went to sit down for a meal and the veggie options were limited. There's a place up the road called saladbox which is fantastic though

Location was good, stayed in the medena first which was awful so moved here,pool is really nice too. The room was average, clean and comfortable though, fresh towels every day etc

Worst experience at a hotel EVER !!

When i arrived, i paid my stay and after that it was all drama. My worst experience ever. The staff at the reception were just trying to get rid of me when i asked kindly about simple stuff like facilities... A room next to mine was full of noisy people, some of them were laying in the hall, listening to loud music on their phones. I was tired and i just couldn't sleep. I complained and asked to get another room. They told me that everything was full and they didn't do nothing about that. Fortunately i had friends in Marrakech who invited me. I do not recommend that hotel at all. Scam alert !!

Old grounds with charm, amazing breakfast and happy staff!

The Wifi was patchy but worked better than other places we stayed in Marrakech... and it is Morocco you can not expect it to be amazing. The location is a little out of the way but if you're looking to just relax by the pool this place is perfect.

The breakfast was amazing and so was the buffet dinner on the Friday (traditional Moroccan). The staff were really helpful, and fair - with a mistake in my booking they didn't charge me any extra to change it. Some of the reviews were really bad but we really enjoyed our stay and the hotel exceeded our expectations. Yes the rooms are old, but I think it adds to the charm a little bit. Would recommend this hotel for sure!

Poor

We have been deeply disappointed from the very first night as to when have left the airport from here we’ve received a phone call letting us that the booking was cancelled at about 22:03 in the evening. We then tried to call them back over 9 times, however most of hebtime the staff put us on hold and hanging up; besides this, the disrespect and ignorance of the staff. Later, whence arrives there feeling extremely stressed due to this situation, we tried to explain that we have emailed the hotel 5 days before showing them the proof, whereby no one had bothered to reply even though it was not our fault because on the email we had highlighted that we will be arriving late. Unfortunately, it took us over an hour to convince them to keep the booking, on the other hand his was made possible by one condition where we’d spend one night in another hotel; as well as the traveling time and pay VAT on the next day when we were leaving. Our stay in Semiramis hotel was not pleasant at all, where the bathroom sinks were clogged at all times, the room service towel supply everyday at 18:00 pm, when we demanded to see the manager for a complaint and compensation but no one bothered to even speak to us, the sheets and pillow covers have not been changed during the 7 days stay, we suffered from old carpet dust, the whole hotel was not as new and it was displayed on the pictures, and lastly the indoor smoking in the lobby which was not smoke free. Overall, our stay at the Semiramis hotel was disastrous, we had to leave one day before.

I wouldn’t recommend

Very helpfull and kind staff but very disapppointing hotel

Very nice people working in this hotel have made the stay acceptable. Very nice parc outside and poom. The staff struggles to cope with lack of general organisation. Meets no european standards today and many hotels or ryads offer much better offers. 5 stars obsolete since a long time. Pb of reservations at arrival eventhough we also called the hotel a week before to checl it all. very old hotel lacking restoration. No investment made.Old equipement old infrastructures. Old decoration. Nothing changed since 20 years !!! By the way no activities within the hotel for kids or youngsters during early evenings anyway.

Very nice people working in this hotel have made the stay in this hotel acceptable. Very nice swimming pool and parc outside.

It was tolerable however if i were to go back i wouldnt stay or recommend this hotel to anyone

The wifi connection was extrememly poor and the lighting in the overall hotel was too dark and yhe hygiene could've been alot better

I liked the breakfast and the pool

This hotel is at best a 2 star hotel. The rooms are small, old and needing of repair.

The room had leaks in the toilet. Water everywhere. We advised the management and they did nothing. Room service meals were terrible!

The breakfast was good and so was the service

Average

The rooms were not ready when we arrived and we ended up waiting almost 2 hours extra for our rooms to be ready. The spa was not in use at all and there were not staff in the spandiring our whole stay. The fitness centre was very old fashioned and not updated, we had some food at the hotel restaurant on the day we arrived and the meat was not cooked well at all and the food was very cold.

The staff at the reception desk were very polite

Beautiful swimming pool.

The hotel is nice, but upon checking out we were accused of removing 2 towels from each room which was very unpleasant. We had to go up to the room with the cleaning lady who said ‘they will take it off her salary” & claimed we got 3 towel sets for each room. It felt like a set up to get extra tips. Beware.

Beautiful swimming pool.

Our group of 6 arrived from London at around 2:30am only to...

Our group of 6 arrived from London at around 2:30am only to be told that 1 of our 2 rooms was not available but that we would be moved the next day due to its unsuitability. We had a tour to sleep in the Sahara the following evening, with an early start we were unable to change rooms before we headed off but when we returned the following day again we were told that the hotel was over booked and that there was no room available for us... After some discussion with the staff we were given a room on the lower level of the hotel, at no stage during the remainder of our stay did the hotel endeavour to find us a triple share room as booked and requested. Instead, the room we were given for the remainder of our stay was loud, had mould growing in the bathroom and smelt of stale cigarettes. The wifi throughout the entire hotel was patchy to non existent.

Marrakech is beautiful but would never stay in this hotel again !

Unfriendly and unprofessional reception staff. Make sure you memorise the online hotel policies before you check in ! Reception staff will try everything to get more money out of you !!

Good quality and varied breakfast.

Disappointing.

Gym facilities nearly all broken. No air conditioning. Staff slow to help. All decor and furniture needs updating.

Bed comfortable. Big rooms with balcony.

good place in new town and bus arrives to Jemaa in 20 minutes

Nice pool just like the garden with jasmin trees and odour in March. The bus No. 1 to Jemaa el Fna stops at the corner so it can be reached easily within 20 minutes.

Very kind staff and located in a quit area with a bunch of...

Diden't like the broadloom/carpets in the room.

Very kind staff and located in a quit area with a bunch of other hotels. Good breakfast and very good value for your money. Located 8-10 minutes away by car/taxi from Jemaa el Fnaa. Overall beautiful and magical city.

Staff were lovely, good if your on a budget. Not to far from Medina the no 1 bus goes to the square.

Only that the wifi was choppy but I went to go on holiday not to be locked on my phone so no biggie

It looked naturarist like plants and open space looked like an apartment.

Horrible night

1. There was no quality in reception staff, no welcome, they asked us to fill out the form ourselves 2. The rooms were very poor in terms of overall cleanliness and cleanliness of the furniture and there was not enough lighting in the room as well as there was a bad smell in the room 3. The room needs urgent maintenance in terms of carpet, paint and doors. I do not advise anyone to dwell in it until these problems are finished. Thank you

Parking is available and under security

The big and comfortable room.

I really didn't enjoy the bad wifi connection in my room and the really slow internet. I tried to work a bit but couldn't even use skype to call somebody with a understandable quality. I think the hotel needs to upgrade their wifi and internet speed and renovate the balconies and showers. After this, it would be a great hotel for the value of money.

The big and comfortable room.

It was just an oversight stay. Not much to do in the area.

It’s far away from everything Thing. All the restaurants close early so you have to walk 10-15 minutes to find food but per hotel policies you cannot bring outside food into the hotel.

Big Hotel A little more modern than the Riads

the stay was good, but could easily be improved.

The overall aspect of the hotel has not improved much in several years. Could be remodelled better and offer a better confort with little investment.

The personnel is quite friendly and professional.

Best price and great pllace

Clean and amazing place to stay in also the price was to good, receptionist were to nice and smiling all the time which made me feel welcome, and the room was awesome.

The pool area is nice, but the water was freezing cold, no...

The pool area is nice, but the water was freezing cold, no one could swim! The a-la-carte restaurant had very few options, especially for vegetarians. The choice was pizza, pasta or sandwhich. I had asked for a room with one bed in a quiet area overlooking the pool, and I received a room with 2 beds over the nightclub which was incredibly noisy, and view of the carpark. I had to ask to be moved after 2 nights of no sleep thanks to the thumping music which begins at around 2am! Once I moved it was quiet and I slept well. The wifi was terrible throughout the property which made it difficult to work.

It’s cheap, but there’s a reason why its so cheap. Rather pay that tad extra and stay elsewhere

Weak wifi. Rude staff (tried charging me £15 because i left 1 towel on the sunbed). Hotel’s is a poor location as the road leading to the hotel has a lot of pot holes and bumps

Nothing much to like really. The wifi was very weak so i was unable to contact my family back at home.

Very fancy hotel, it looks like more expensive then it...

There's actually nothing near the hotel, for everything you need to take a cab or go for a long (apx. 1 hour)

Very fancy hotel, it looks like more expensive then it really is, but is in need of a reform, very old looking and furniture, but nice if like this style. Enjoy the bar, it's cheaper than others in marrakech

Relax in the park, plenty of green, beside the swimming pools.

This was and excellent hotel in the past: good infrastructure, architecture, design, especially a large and nice garden and swimming pool area. However, the hotel need better maintainance and updating the detailes

The hotel is clean enough, comfortable and reasonably priced. Park and swimming pool area are the peaks of the place...really wonderful for the price!

safer than Medina fir first timers and good value.

A little care of the carpets and favities and it could be much better.

Location 10-30 minutes walk to clubs and Guéliz area. If you are uncomfortable stating in Medina furst time then this is the plave to stay then walk for 50 minutes over or take a taxi for 10 Dhr.

Good money, decent but I’m not overwhelmed.

The WiFi is poor, only works in communal areas outside the room. They have sofas everywhere around which is good but even then the connection is poor.

The beds (single) that we expected were more like mini doubles which was very nice. The maids cleaned the rooms everyday and did a very good job. The location is close to the airport and other facilities.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The room was very big and clean.

We enjoyed the breakfast, however would have enjoyed it further if there were more options.

The bed was extremely large and comfy. The room was always kept clean and topped up with toiletries. The staff were so friendly and helpful, especially Iman, Kadhija and the doorman who wears a fez 😊

would not recommend as not very clean no wifi.

hotel room dirty dirty knickers hanging on door when we arrived would not recommend this hotel not clean no wifi even struggle in hotel lobby no parking as night club customers take up all parking and night staff especially the manager not very helpful.

shower had hot water is the only positive..

Dont expect anything

The staff seemed very basic with no real knowledge of anything it was a task to get help ordering a Pizza Hut. The Wi-Fi only worked in the lobby!!

The hotel looks like it has passed its time! It is in need of a serious renovation with dampn and cracks everywhere.

I really liked the hotel the staff were very friendly specially Fatima azahra and salwa were very nice to us and very helpful the rooms were very clean and good size. Good value for money I recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in Marrakech and discover it .it will be very good start.thank you so much for your hospitality definitely I am coming back

Great place!!

Nothing to report

The location of the hotel is great, it is outside the busy Medina, in a very quiet neighborhood, yet still very close to all the sights. The staff is helpful, the rooms are clean. The hotel has a very nice garden and pool area.

I will be back!

(relatively minor) maybe repair or replace some parts of the carpet that is too old.

Big and comfortable space in the room and in the public space, helpful staff, and a very reasonable price for a hotel of such level!

STRAIGHT FROM A HORROR MOVIE.

I waited 45 minutes with a baby just for them to find the reservation. Staff not welcoming at all, found it strange they don't allow you to bring outside food even Water, of cos they will charge 4 times regular price when you call room service. Heater doesn't work, sheets are old. I started regretting booking the moment I entered.

Nothing. Large rooms, that's it

this hotel is the worst i've stayed so far in marrakech

the heater was not working, I had to change the room twice, the roomservice did not understand a word in english, the floors were very wet the shower was broken ! this hotel is a disaster !!!!!! come on invest on new bed sheets instead of covering half the bed !

Came here with my partner for 5 nights.

Came here with my partner for 5 nights. The location was very nice. The swimming pool in the garden was beautiful but very cold. Breakfast was included but it wasn't very appetising.

Horrible

The wifi was absolutely terrible. You get a sense of why the reception area is so busy all the time because that's the only place it works No kettle or tea facilities There's a surprise extra payment for use of the safe in the room per day Every single taxi driver outside tries to rob you by charging you 50 MAD, with the hotel staff even agreeing and telling me to walk go the road with my 3 bags of luggage Carpets were filthy

The property itself was huge in comparison to every other hotel I've stayed at

Stuff was very friendly and helpful all the time.

The hotel is sadly far away from downtown so taxi expenses can be higher.

Stuff was very friendly and helpful all the time. The rooms are spacious with large and highly comfortable beds, which have been done every day by the maids. We also received fresh and clean towels every day. The buffet breakfast was rather European with lots of fresh vegetables. We loved the scone which was freshly baked on the spot, also their coffee was great as well as their orange juice. There is a small shop at the corner to buy water if you don't want to drink from the tap (we used tap water for brushing teeth without having any stomach problems afterwards).

Lovely Hotel in need of some TLC

The gym needs some TLC. The equipments were out of order and rusty.

The bed was extra comfy. The outdoor pool looked in great condition. The staff were very polite and helpful.

Location, comfort,the price

-I booked a triple room with pool view (as mentioned in the room properties), once there room was different from they showed with a "wall view"!!! At the reception they said there no triple rooms with pool view!!!

Location, comfort,the price

Need to improve the clealiness and hygiene

The building is too old and there are too many Cockroaches in the room.The quality of food is very bad .

The staff are so helpful and friendly.. The reception staff are good .The location of the hotel is perfect and it's the rooms are big. Safe car parking with security all the time

A quiet and peaceful get away in the heart of Marrakech.

The work out room/gym had some broken down equipment and needs a face lift.

Being in the heart of Marrakech, it was silent. Didn't hear the mosques or the traffic. The bedrooms are big with a nice view from the balcony (which also was pretty good sized). It stayed dark with the dark curtains for ease of sleeping in.

Outstanding service, immaculately clean, highly recommended.

There wasn't a very large selection of food at the buffet restaurant, however the food which was there was very good. The food served at the restaurant which you pay for is outstanding and worth the extra cash in our opinion, the service is also excellent in both restaurants.

All the staff went out of there way to provide the best service, and were all very friendly and welcoming. The hotel and Marrakech in general was immaculately clean! We were initially not very happy with our room so we asked to change expecting a fight, however the reception staff were more than accommodating and gave us a choice of alternate rooms right away, they didn't even ask for the reason we wanted to change. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Terrible. Disappointing

The hotel was a huge disappointment and is not at all 4 start standard. The rooms were uncleaned or cleaned to a very poor standard despite asking the cleaners to vacuum our room , there was obvious dirt on the carpet and the tiles. The paintwork was incomplete and the glass covering the dressing tables was broken which I found was unsafe for my children to touch. The staff were hostile . When we arrived we were accodmated in a ground floor room which felt damp , cold and was dark and away from the rest of the hotel. Despite requesting to be placed elsewhere , we were left in the room very unhappy until the next morning . The hotel is a distance from the Medina and not 10 mins as stated in Booking.com.

The king sized bed was very comfortable and the room was...

The hotel is very nice and has specific maroccan design details, but it did not look as luxury/fancy as shown in the pictures on Booking.

The king sized bed was very comfortable and the room was very spacious.The stuff was very nice accepting to hold our lugguage.

There are many better hotels than this at the same price in Marrakech.

Old hotel in a old complex. Don't rely on the pictures. The hotel needs a big renovation. Bad experience and bad choice.

The location in the center of Marrakech.

Very good culturally decorated.

Very good culturally decorated. Staff is very friendly. Property is family managed. Their mother cooked excellent tajines for us. It was so great. Staff is very nice and friendly. Will recommend it it anyone. There is a large hotel building up next to this but I will recommend using riad to support local family businesses.

Terrible hotel! Disappointing...

This hotel isn't worth 4 stars at all! It's really old, and nothing has been renewed! The bathroom sink was blocked, the furnitures really damaged, the walls are dirty, the carpet is dusty, the mini bar was full of fungi, the wifi sucks. People have to go downstairs and stay around the reception to catch some internet connection. The photos displayed on booking are fake, it's uglier than what it looks like. I'm disappointed and I wouldn't recommend it at all. I've added some photos so you can see by yourself.

very good

TV channels have very limited channels, we expected better breakfast of more varieties,

Nice hotel, nice swimming pool, nice gardens. friendly staff.very well decorated.

We had a good time, But not good for first time travel, You need to be switched on to win here.

Breakfast not good , rained one time water coming in through ceiling's in hotel, 35 pound for cheap bottle of wine best stay home if you like a drink, If you don't believe me check your self.

very good staff , pick your room away from Disco underground, Or you will never sleep.

Brilliant experience

The shower water was too hot other then that everything was perfect

I loved the room very spacious and the balcony the gardens are beautiful I had fantastic experience staying there very relaxing quite and the breakfast was really good I will definitely stay there in the future

Bad experience, not worth the 4 star/good reviews. Multiple problems and no help whatsoever.

As objective as possible: what we disliked most of all was the management/reception service. When we had multiple problems during our stay (wrom room, no functioning airconditioning, my bed was taken away from my room by mistake during my stay, no working wifi, keypass of the door not working so going to reception AT LEAST 3 times per day to reactivate key) the only thing they did was apologize and smile instead of at least trying to help us. When I did address my complaint to management, they responded aggresively and would not let me finish at first. Once I did get to finish (after asking them 3 times if I could speak) and get to explain myself, they apologized to me and my family a lot of times, which I was thankful for. But I still don't appreciate the fact that they would not even let me speak and acted unprofessional in the first place, before apologizing. Tip for the hotel: if you don't accept or agree to feedback from customers, at least be respectful and try to let them speak and hear them out. Second thing: don't include breakfast in your stay, it's not worth it. Breakfast is not fresh (only the moroccan made bread) and the same every single day, very limited. You can get it cheaper (and fresh) in town. Out of all the times and years I used Booking.com, this is the very first time that I did not like the accomodation that I booked via the website. Usually, the good reviews are very realistic and match the actual service of the hotel. But really in this case, it is not. This hotel does in no way suit the four star/good reviews it received (rooms/facilities not clean enough, needs rennovation, bad management staff, breakfast bad). Oh and on the second floor, swimming pool side, you should get used to 0 wifi connection because it does not work at all. The only (hard) working people in the hotel are restaurant/house keeping/swimming pool, so great complements to them!!!

What we liked the most is the swimming pool/garden area because it was really nice/pretty. The only unfortunate thing is that from 12:00-20:00 they play very loud club music, which 1 is inappropriate and 2 disturbs and takes away all the beauty and peacefulness of the garden/area. The second thing that we liked and want to complement is the restaurant staff of the hotel, whom are hard working people and very kind and take the best efforts with what is possible in the hotel. Oh and the coffee during breakfast is really nice.

Lovely!

Everything was great!

Everything was amazing. Loved the staff, so so friendly and nice, always had a smile on their faces and were very welcoming.Rooms are spacious and very clean, really nice area, close to many attractions. Absolutely loved it and if we'll ever come back we'll definitely stay here again.

They said that the room have a garden view but we had a back...

They said that the room have a garden view but we had a back of the building view,they keep the good rooms for their arabic guests, suck! And don t take the trip with camel ride from hotel,is a cheap trip and they charge you with 60€ for nothing. Never try again.

Browse Hôtel Marrakech Le Semiramis traveller photo gallery