Reviews of La Kasbah Igoudar Suites & Spa

Route Marrakech Amizmiz Km 40, 40000 Lalla Takerkoust, Morocco

#7 of 10 hotels in Lalla Takerkoust

Based on 72 B&B reviews

• Grand Charme Suite

Honestly, there was nothing executed to the standard or expectation of a 'Boutique Hotel & Spa' - this place is not worthy of its star rating and the location while beautiful left you feeling trapped and isolated given the total lack of atmosphere and care from staff.

We arrived very late after a tricky journey (self drive) which was not helped by the fact the sign from the main road for the been graffiti'd across - not a great start. The hotel did not answer the phone to help us out, and when we did arrive at 8pm, they told us we would have to wait 30 minutes before we could have anything to eat or drink. Our room was dark and unwelcoming, shower did not work (would not get warm) and the bed was horribly uncomfortable. We had booked for a three night stay and left after one.

Big liars what did I see on internet was different from reality . It looks an amazing place but no facilities there for the price you paid . No spa no variety of restaurants , bad quality of food bad service bad breakfast

All the staff were warm, friendly and helpful except for a managerial type who thought it would be a good idea for me to drive to the nearest town to withdraw money and pay in cash because their card system was flakey.

friendly staff, unrivalled setting, great accommodation

Totally missold and the management know they're getting away with it! Check the dates for the photos before you visit. The property was not at all as described as in pictures and was very disappointing. Rooms dirty and more like hospital rooms with no water pressure and limited hot water. No lounge open as used for storage so just the restaurant which was totally dead you could hear a pin drop. The one restaurant has one menu all day every day which was very limited, around 6 options and 3 of those are tagine, and low quality (being given half eaten hollowed out bread rolls for example) resulting in food poisoning for both of us. You also had to order your dishes over 3 hours in advance, the staff will come find you even in your room to ask you to order! The location is about 1h outside the city and was very difficult and expensive to get to. Very very isolated location so no options. Most of the sun beds where broken and the pool water looked green and cloudy and smelled dirty. We also found on more occasions than not the staff adding additional things to bill which we did not have, seemed standard practice so had to check carefully every time. Worst place I've ever stayed, totally ruined our holiday.

We had a few issues with the heat of the shower which was going from ok to cold to burning over and over again. Nothing is accessible by foot - you have to take a taxi to go to the lake, which was a bit disappointing. The food at the hotel was very good but a bit expensive.

The personnel was REALLY helpful. I forgot my wallet in the taxi on my way to Marrakech and the personnel did everything they could for me to get it back (which I did). That was HIGHLY appreciated! The pool is amazing - its size and depth are perfect and for someone who loves a swim like me, it was heave. The whole of the hotel is very beautiful and well maintained.

• Comfort Double Room

Unfortunately, The day we were there , a French couple were on the swimming pool playing loud music which spoiled the quietness of the place. Ourself and other people complained and reported to hotel manager. Although the hotel staff has warned them not to play it loud but they ignored and kept playing loud music. I was expecting the tranquility of the place but it wasn't. Shame beautiful place like this can be spoilt by irresponsible people.

Although the place moderate in size , but The place is quiet , green grass , mountain views , trees , staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Senior Suite

The carpets in the room could have done with a bit of a clean, some washing tails for clothes hanging would have been good as we had children.

Freshly cooked food of good quality.

Great Hotel, incredible staff, excellent journey

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Spa was pretty terrible.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Nothing it was all perfect!

Very relaxed, calm and peaceful. No kids running around ;)

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

They made our trip very enjoyable! Absolutely perfect. Second time returning there and all I got was great hospitality.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2016

The Kasbah is the middle of nowhere, so if you don't have a car there is nowhere walking distance to go. The location informed at Booking.com is not correct, it is about 18km from the lake/damn. The room was ok but you don't get it warm to make it cozy. The airco/heating was working all day long at 30 degrees and the room was still very cold at the end of the day, specially when you would like to have a nice shower. The bathroom was very cold, so taking a shower was quite painful. Morroco is prepared for summer but having a spar heating in the bathrooms is for sure something they need to provide. Upon request they did offer an old heating that didn't help a lot. The restaurant was also cold (I had dinner wearing my jacket) and the food is too expensive for what you get. 3 course meal for 22EUR, while I had in Marrakesh a fantastic Moroccan dinner for 28EUR. You have to pre-order your meals for the day in the morning (just after your breakfast). Internet didn't work except by the reception (I saw a guest standing in front of the reception with his PC to get a decent conneciton). Activities were expensive at European prices. I didn't use the SPA but it didn't like cozy and again the prices were above Marrakesh. I didn't have a good experience at the Kasba and I would not return.

The gardens are pretty and well maintained. The view from the the swimming pool area are breathtaking. Transport from/to airport is good, on time and at attractive price.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

The hotel manager expected us to pay 975 euros in cash for the bill upfront on arrival with no credit card machine working due to issues with the internet? Even though we had a signal on our mobiles and had access to wifi. The hotel then took us on a tour of 5 banks the following day to withdraw the above amount in cash, which added to stress. We checked out mid stay, because we couldn't face any further hassle, we attempted to pay by Bank Transfer and suddenly our payment was accepted in full on our Credit Card?? No Spa. Food & Excursions very expensive. Commute to Marrakech is more like an hour away. Reading back the history reviews the same experience happened to Catherine 10th March 2014, so nothing learned by the hotel owners.... my advice would be to email the hotel before you book to confirm the facilities are available

Friendly Receptionist & Driver. Pretty gardens with a stunning view of the Atlas Mountains.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

I had an amazing stay at Kasbah Igoudar with my friend and kids. From the moment we walked onto the property it felt special and the sense of warmth and charm never faded. It was very calm and cozy. I had a great quality time there. The stuff of the hotel was very helpful, warm and gracious. They were there to fulfill all our wishes. I highly recommend this place... It's truly a haven of peace. I will defenitly come back there as it is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

pre ordering for meal times. lack of promptness with dealing with problems. a bit laid back with the service.food should be better for the price.

the setting. beautiful gardens and pool area. we stayed in the grand charme suite which was very spacious and romantic.friendliness and personabilty of everyone on site.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Just little details: Boutique being renovated, fitness room to be built. only local tv channels - but who needs tv in such a great relaxing place!! No evening program like traditional shows or local music, too far away from such sites to visit at night.

Beautiful kasbah with big garden and very nice pool area, totally calm site just 1 hr by car from city. perfect to relax and chill after some days in noisy/busy Marrakech! very friendly staff, small and nice hammam. Vast 1day tour offers to discover central Morocco. Great place for weddings or honeymoon!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Not a lot around this place so food bills became quite costly. Wifi was sketchy.

Incredible views, staff were extremely hard working and attentive, easy transfer from the airport and they organised an amazing trip into the mountains.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Very little to do, and anything they offer extremely overpriced. Certain members of staff were very pushy, very slow service too. Rooms very basic, a shame as it has so much potential

Lovely views, nice pool

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

I am hotelier and I know what I say . We were greeted at the airport by a friendly driver Mustapha. when turned into the hotel grounds I thought wow !!! The hotel and the grounds were simply beautiful. The gardens were immaculate as they are tended to each day. we were checked in swiftly and given tasty Moroccan tea and pastries. We had paid to upgrade to a suite and our room was gorgeous, spotlessly clean We would definitely recommend this hotel as I was impressed by the beautiful surroundings as photos on the website show exactly how it really looks . All staff were fantastic and made us feel so welcomed. We will definitely return !!!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The owners spread the worst atmosphere, the staff did their best but it was not an enjoyable stay.

The beautiful view

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

I have had an amazing experience around here. A special thanks to the kasbah team who made our stay enjoyable and fantastic

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse La Kasbah Igoudar Suites & Spa traveller photo gallery