Reviews of Les Jardins De La Médina 5 stars

21 Derb Chtouka, Kasbah, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#308 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

Oasis of calm and sophistication...

Loved it all

Its a gorgeous Oasis of calm and understated luxury in the heart of Marrakech. I would go again and thoroughly recommend it both in terms of the stay and the food. One of our favourites.

Some years since this large Riad style hotel was refurbished, but it's still a delightful place.
    • Patio Side Double Room

When you're staying in a boutique hotel like this, it would be better if there were more clarity around the subject of tips. Some restaurant staff made me feel a little uncomfortable with their intense questions about how good the service was, yet the front desk suggested a tip at the end is best to share with everyone. A bit awkward. To be clear, I left, what I hope was considered a generous tip at the end because the overall service levels were excellent.

Friendly relaxed atmosphere, large comfortable rooms, delightful swimming area, good breakfast and restaurant food and a very helpful Front Desk.

Everything!
    • Patio Side Double Room

Everything! the staff was great, first night we arrived our room was even upgraded. The atmosphere is unique... in the morning while having breakfast, there are birds singing and coming to your table, in the afternoon, while by the pool, there are turtles passing by and on thursday night, live music while having dinner... and all of this immersed in the green of their garden. The hotel is only 15 min far from the mean square and close to all the major touristic spots, literally a little piece of paradise hidden in between the medina's streets. The only bad thing about "Les Jardins de la Medina" is that once you get there you don't wanna leave anymore and risk to spend the whole trip there! XD

We had an excellent stay in the hotel which definitely over...

Nothing. All es perfect.

We had an excellent stay in the hotel which definitely over exceeded our expectations. The hotel itself, the room, the garden, the restaurant and the people working there were outstanding. Everything in the hotel was stylish, original, clean and with love to the details. Our room was a Sultan Suite which was excellent and very well decorated.

Superb beautiful hotel

WiFi could be improved

Beautiful quiet hotel in a great location with extremely helpful and friendly staff. Very clean and spacious rooms. The balcony and roof terrace helped us truly enjoy our stay in the most relaxing way.

Beautiful peaceful haven with fantastic staff
    • Patio Side Double Room

I have read some negative reviews concerning the slowness of service in the restaurant. I agree with this, however it depends on your perspective. Dinner takes around 2 hours. My view, is that I am on holiday, I am relaxing and I just have another glass of wine. It did not spoil my experience.

From the welcome after a fraught experience at Airport Immigration to the very moment our taxi arrived for when we had to leave, Les Jardins de la Medina could not have looked after us better. Every member of the team had a smile and a welcome. No one could do enough for us. Our patio room was spacious, very clean and had the softest pillows. The food in the restaurant was world class standard, blending traditional morrocan with modern european additions. I cannot recommend this Riad enough.

The property is extremely beautiful and staff is friendly...
    • Patio Side Double Room

The property is extremely beautiful and staff is friendly and very helpful. However, the restaurant needs to be more supervised. From my point of view, they need to change restaurant manager and chef, as the level and beauty of the property require much higher standards. Service is slow and restaurant personell is not very attentive, food is ok, but not among the best in town. Nethertheless, overall - this hotel is amazing. If they improve the restaurant, it will be perfect.

The hotel staff were wonderful- friendly, cheerful and...
    • Patio Side Double Room

Vegetarian options for dinner were limited; however, we didn't find this much of an issue since there were several restaurants that offered a range of vegetarian options a short walk or taxi ride away.

The hotel staff were wonderful- friendly, cheerful and helpful. The location was excellent- the Clock Cafe next door, the Saadian tombs within 5 minutes, Koutoubia mosque a ten minute walk away. We had a selection of vegetarian options for breakfast, including Moroccan msemen with amlou.

A perfect experience I will renew with pleasure.
    • Patio Side Double Room

Only one thing: the room was a bit cold at night (in January)

The hotel used to be a princess palace. It is ideally located in the medina, calm but close from the lively streets. The service is excellent, so is the food. The swimming pool is small but beautiful and warmed.

Beautiful gardens and pool, lovely rooms , very relaxing place.
    • Sultane Double Room

It was winter , so had fire in the dinning room made it cosy , but I found it too smokey , the breakfast and lunch were good. I wasn't overly impressed with the the dinner, for the prices I was expecting better quality, maybe I chose the wrong thing.

Hotel gardens and pool are beautiful, staff very helpful, room beautiful and bed extremely large and comfortable.

Definitely recommend to anyone for first time go to Marrakech and we will come back !
    • Patio Side Double Room

Only one thing to complain is our bed was made of 2 twin beds and we can feel the space in the middle while sleeping. Other than that, everything was perfect !

What a hidden gem ! The hotel is like an oasis in the busy town. Only 15 mins walk to the main attraction ( The square which I couldn't remember ) . The hotel is accessible by car so this is a good point because many other hotels in Medina couldn't go near with taxi because the road is too small. The surround area is busy with lots of locals & restaurants. Our room was upgraded and it was a lovely view from the room. We never got the change to try the pool as it's quite cold when we arrive but their interior & decorations amaze us everyday. The staffs are very friendly and couldn't do enough to make our trip memorable . The evening menu is limited but delicious and the atmosphere is so romantic that we ended up eating two days in a row ( we only stayed for 3 nights ). We had a nice time at Marrakech and 60% was because of the hotel and their staffs. Thank you guys for making our time enjoyable!

Lovely, lovely hotel right on the edge of the Medina.
    • Patio Side Double Room

The synthetic blanket. There was a lovely duvet but if that was too warm then the alternative was a synthetic blanket.

The beautiful gardens with a heated pool to really swim in. The birdsong and the blue sky, quiet nights and comfortable rooms. Gorgeous bar and restaurant area with roaring fires. Clean and charming. The softest towels, lovely bathroom products. Great food, lovely staff.

We’ll come again.
    • Patio Side Double Room

An incredible sanctuary straight off the thronging streets of Marrakech. Terrific staff, lovely accommodation and garden and superb food in the restaurant.

We loved it apart from the small problems mentioned
    • Patio Side Double Room

The third bed in our room was a narrow sofa which , for a middle aged lady , was too small . The service at evening dinner was good apart from Tuesday when at 8.30 we asked for a table , told to sit down for aperitifs first . At 9.30 we were still there! so I went to enquire what was happening and told to wait another 15 minutes, so we decided to go to bed without eating . I Didn’t complain as the staff at other meals were very good .

We loved the fact that we were staying in a boutique Rhiad which was a luxurious peaceful oasis in the centre of all the excitement of Marrakesh

An eye opening, funfilled yet relaxing adventure
    • Gardens Side Double Room

We loved everything about this hotel, it was a beautiful oasis in the middle of town, the staff looked after us like we were royalty, the bedrooms immaculate, the gardens and pool were stunning, we could not have asked for more.

Traditional hotel over priced
    • Sultane Double Room

Very limited menu as only one restaurant, although the food was ok, breakfast was very basic, more a 4 Star Hotel than a 5 Star as advertised on booking.com, poor room layout with uncomfortable seating and small TV. Reception staff could not provide any details about day tours etc. small pool area, everything was looking a bit old and due for refurbishment.

Bed was ok, lots of unexpected extras like news paper each day, rose petals everywhere, felt very traditional,

Nice but the front office staff is not that friendly
    • Patio Side Double Room

The new rooms are very nice but some others are old and small. when we arrived our room was beautiful recently painted (that same morning) so the smell was pretty bad and toxic. When we asked to change our room they offered us one without air conditioner and very tinny. The receptionist didn't seem happy or friendly at all. She was not willing to help. "take one or the other and decide now"... We finally decided to stay in the recently painted room.

the pool area, the gardens, the location... My third time in this beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

A piece of heaven in Marrakech!❤️

Everything was perfect.

Excellent service with a smile, attention to the detail, perfect food, treatments at their beauty institute are also high quality.

Room pictures are a lot nicer than the actual rooms
    • Sultane Double Room

I booked two Sultan suites, supposedly their nicest room type. However, when I checked in, the two rooms we were assigned to were completely different. One is much larger than other, but a lot older and lacks maintenance. The smaller one was definitely not a suite, but just a slightly larger standard room. (The "living room" of the suite is a like a tiny terrace) I went to the front desk to ask about this the next morning (because we checked in really late that night), the manager on duty was not the politest manager I have met. When asked about the difference in rooms, he just said each of their room is individualized. He offered me to see other rooms to "prove" his point. I did not get into arguments with him because I did not want to ruin my vacation. Also, just keep in mind if you want to book a massage session, my friend was asked for a 20% tip on top of the listed price after she finished the session. And she could not leave until we got her 100 DH (i.e. cash only for tips).

The hotel is nicely located, close to a lot of sights. The inside of the hotel is another world than the world outside, a very clean pool and lots of vegetation for shades. The breakfast is also nice, has lots of great fruits and nice coffee, additionally the staffs provided great services.

Great stay in la Médina!
    • Patio Side Double Room

I would recommend the hotel to advise guests not to keep a "seat" in the pool (which is not extra large) for the whole day while they are not there and to change used towels a bit more quickly in order to guests know which chair is empty.

Staff is extra helpful and kind. They will do whatever they can to meet your needs. Food at the restaurant is very nice. The day we arrived, there was a (free) cocktail and the manager of the hotel (Ms. Cristine, if I am not mistaken) was extremely kind and provided very interesting background on the hotel's history and surroundings. The place is just beautiful, with a big garden and the rooms are very clean and we love the smell of it (you can choose it upon arrival!!) and the flower petals around. You can easily (if you can manage inside the Médina!) walk anywhere (15 min from the main Square and short distance to main touristic spots in Marrakech). They will also help you with cabs to restaurants. Great stay!

• Patio Side Double Room

The poolside area is lovely but small owing to the nature of the beautiful old trees that provide shade so doesn't provide sun all round the pool for those that like sun it but there's other terraces and areas to sit in sunshine

Small boutique property in the Middle of the medina a perfect place to unwind and relax with the option to go outside and absorb the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh life . We had a lovely room and plenty of nice touches to make the stay comfortable and with a bit of luxury from choosing a scent for the room to sprayed at night to beach baskets for guests to borrow during their stay with towels and hats for the pool . All the 78 Staff were extremely helpful friendly and on hand . The hamman treatment was an experience worth having and my husband enjoyed a shave with the friendly Barber . We had 2 lunches at the hotel both very enjoyable. Breakfast each day was light and pleasant . 15 minutes walk from the hotel leaves you right in the heart of the medina square . Thank you for a very pleasant stay .

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Although the hotel was full it didn't feel crowded.
    • Patio Side Double Room

The horrible artificial grass platform at the top of the pool and the pool area could do with more frequent cleaning due the birds

Although the hotel was full it didn't feel crowded. The gardens made the whole stay so relaxing and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. The food was delicious. We didn't like our first room so upgraded to a Sultan which was well worth the extra money .

Beautiful oasis in the middle of Marrakesh with amazing staff!
    • Patio Side Double Room

The service when trying to get a drink etc at the bar was very slow however that may have been due to Ramadan. It would be understandable that the staff were slower than usual. The immediate area when stepping outside the rias was not amazing but I suppose authentic, and very close to the everything either by car or foot

The overall look and feel of the hotel, it was fabulous. The staff were lovely and the food was amazing! We decided to eat dinner in the hotel one night instead of going out as we were tired...was literally one of the best meals we ever had! The pool is relaxing and it is just a beautiful hotel overall. The rooms are fab and very clean.

A paradise so good for the soul .
    • Patio Side Double Room

Leaving . It is quite expensive but I pray for some good deals so I can go back and it is worth every penny then . Taxis are expensive and rip offs, so negotiate v hard .

The Les Jardin De La Medina is a peaceful paradise . A great place to relax and listen to bird songs through your bedroom window and by the pool. It has a lovely swimming pool , bar, restaurant, library, treatment spa, hammam, shop, outdoor gym etc We particularly enjoyed the breakfast by the pool . Being a pure vegetarian there was so much choice . I like savoury breakfasts so I had vegetables, beans, tomatoes and toast, different fruits and juices and different things every day . I loved our room with a private little porch and terrace . Ideal . The staff were all lovely and helpful . Our bedroom was tidied at least twice a day and there was so much attention to details like our own hats, pool towels, rose petals everywhere, choice of room perfume , details of tomorrows weather etc The bed was huge and comfortable . I felt so happy waking up each morning and it was good for the soul . The kasbah is quite a walk from the medina but much more peaceful. We were given complementary water each day and complementary cookies , fruit, slippers , soft gowns etc Excellent personal service but very relaxing and friendly, not stiff or snooty. Loved the beautiful roses everywhere and the gardens . Highly recommend. Cafe Clock is just around the corner which was good food for veggies too and reasoably priced . Thank You.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The bed was extremely comfortable and the birds singing in...
    • Patio Side Double Room

The bed was extremely comfortable and the birds singing in the outside garden made our stay really magical. The staff of the hotel was always very welcoming and kind for any request we made. The quality of both the food and the location of the restaurant were beyond expectations. The pool a peaceful oasis! I would definitely recommend this hotel to any couple who want to disconnect from the noise and chaos of the city!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Beautiful hotel and gardens.
    • Patio Side Double Room

The gym was a stepper and rowing machine. Limited places around pool in sun as very shaded. Guests put towels done but often didn't occupy sun beds.

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Western style perfection in gods own garden in Marrakech - who needs La Mamounia when you have JDM
    • Gardens Side Double Room

Nothing...its perfect for a more western high end comfort in Kech which is not everyones cup of tea, but great to arrive and climates if you have never been to Kech before.

I haven't stayed here for a while, but wanted to take my Father for a treat. Jardins de la medina is perfect, its a bit classic corporate the of hotel but has all the real home comforts you want from high end Marrakech. The staff are divine, Sanna, the staff at dinner and breakfast, just always so so happy to help. The pool is heated, the rooms lovely, the gardens to die for - and it is the gardens and staff that make this place. I don't know what one of the reviews on here is moaning about - it is 100% and I could move in! Well done team!

A place for lasting and warming memories...
    • Gardens Side Double Room

We loved sipping on Moroccan red wine at the fireplace after a long day tramping the noisy and crowded streets. Perfect excepting the limited availability of casual dining or finger food and snacks. The menu is structured for more formalised dining.

The heady aroma of blossoms from the fruiting orange trees will be my everlasting memory of my first moments in the courtyard of this Riad. The beauty of these peacefully quiet gardens offer blissful relieve from the streets outside its walls. The architecture and decor is understated and sophisticated in an olde worldy way. Located within the old city, this beautiful Riad allows an easy meander to all the historical sites, eateries and the fascinating souks with their artisan wares. Lounging on the huge rooftop day beds, we relaxed, read and lazily eyed the majestic view of the distant snow capped peaks of the Atlas Mountains. The secret rooftop terraces of Marrakesh are a delight to discover so take time to find your favourite. Marrakesh is a foodies' paradise so take loose clothing!

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Getting to this little street door and pushing then here you...
    • Patio Side Double Room

To me the bathroom needs a upgrade or to have someone to look at it everyday. Our experience was that the water from shower was leaking on the floor.

Getting to this little street door and pushing then here you discover something you wouldn't not expect

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

beautiful combo of a riad and a boutique hotel with large heated pool
    • Patio Side Double Room

nothing really. it is slightly a walk to the northern part of the medina where more restaurants options are available. however we did enjoy the neighborhood, felt safe and more local

the place was well looked after. we were on our babymoon and the hotel was very kind to give us an upgrade of the room which we thoroughly enjoyed. the food at restaurant was excellent albeit slightly pricey. the staff were kind and helpful, incl. organizing bus tickets

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Fantastic Oasis in unexpected place
    • Gardens Side Double Room

The restaurant is good but not exceptional ...

its been the perfect spoil and what we needed on the last day ... an oasis in the middle of a very busy city

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

luxurious Riad hotel with beautiful gardens and facilities.
    • Sultane Double Room

maps provided too poor. info on surrounding area could be better including taxis/ transport restaurants as really needed to research from internet etc.

the restaurant very good, room facilities excellent and general ambiance perfect. good free wi fi.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Good location in the medina, walking distance to all major...
    • Sultane Double Room

Gym facility and equipment is poor.

Good location in the medina, walking distance to all major sites. Good restaurant, although prices are on the high side. Nice staff, excellent service.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Excellent Suprise in the middle of the Medina !!!!
    • Solarium Double Room

Our Stay was too short :-)....will have to go back .

Everything was up to a high standard from the reception, concierge, staff, rooms, restaurant, SPA.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Fantastic hotel - beautiful and in a fab location
    • Patio Side Double Room

Front desk staff could have been a little more helpful. We were not told anything or shown around when we checked in.

Lovely hotel - comfortable, beautiful rooms and roof top terrace. Lovely staff. A real haven.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Good find, will be back
    • Patio Side Double Room

A brisk 20 minutes from the main square and all the action. Interesting walk, but still a long way if you want to go back and out again.

The style and charm of a riad with the comfort and service of an excellent hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Glorious!

The dinner service is slow - I understand the food is freshly cooked (and it is fabulous) but waiting an hour is a bit much. Though the wonderful Moroccan wine Eclipse does help with the wait.. Beds are surprisingly hard for a hotel that's beautifully luxurious in every way

Beautiful riad - rooms, gardens and common areas are gorgeous Delicious food. Excellent breakfast with a oud player who really adds to the experience Superb location - a short walk from the Kasbal mosque and main square Lovely and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Comfortable hotel in great location
    • Patio Side Double Room

There were no maps of the city at reception, and one receptionist did not know where the museums and restaurants were.

The ambience was delightful, the roof terrace with sunbeds and views of the mountains was superb, and the location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Very beautiful hotel with incredible gardens and rooms.
    • Patio Side Double Room

There was no stable wifi internet. It was being disconnected all the time. Please be aware of this if this is important to you.

Very beautiful hotel with incredible gardens and rooms. We enjoyed every minute there. The personnel was extremely helpful and kind. It was an Oasis inside the Marrakesh center.Would recommend it without a doubt.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Gorgeous Garden Oasis
    • Gardens Side Double Room

We liked it lots but two things to be aware of: We were there off season so we got a great room rate via booking.com but be aware everything else is extra, including breakfast, so the bill quickly adds up! Location is right on the edge of the old city which is fine and still walkable but not as easy as our Riad [Flam] which was much more central [by the Bahia Palace]

Gardens are stunning. An oasis of calm especially on a hot day. Lots of little outdoor 'rooms' to sit in, including a fabulous roof terrace with huge 'beds' to lounge on and even though it's quite big, it never felt crowded [tho Sept is quiet]. The hotel staff are great and there are lots of lovely touches each day of your stay from room perfume and petals to cocktails & magicians. It has a good choice of day trips - the one to the Atlas mountains is especially good - £100 for your driver [4 people] plus allow another £50 for the mandatory guide and lunch. For something a bit different, the 'cross cultural' clock cafe just at the corner is worth a visit - try the camel burgers and fresh fruit smoothies! The small selection of shops in the Kasbar are handy and similar prices to the souks. There are also lots of little grocery stores [for suncream etc] not to mention at least 6 barber shops!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Very bad location
    • Patio Side Double Room

The location is really far away from the main square and from where everything is going on, restaurants, Cafes, etc

The people at the reception were very helpfull

Perfect stay!
    • Patio Side Double Room

Perfect service! Very nice and polite staff. Many unexpected extras. Beautiful garden and pool.

lovely staff, lovely garden ok room too expensive
    • Gardens Side Double Room

common areas bit run down . way over priced

lovely garden spacious room

Food could be much better.
    • Solarium Double Room

Food could be much better.

The Riad and the rooms
    • Solarium Double Room

The breakfast - not rich enough and the vegetables not fresh

The Riad and the rooms

Good service .
    • Sultane Double Room

Put Gym in a glass room in the garden is better

Good service .nice yard . nice restaurant . nice room

Staff were very helpful and kind especially Hanan, rooms...
    • Gardens Side Double Room

Staff were very helpful and kind especially Hanan, rooms were clean and comfortable, orange trees and wandering tortoises added charm

we enjoyed the stay very much and would return
    • Solarium Double Room

service at the restaurant could be very slow WIFI was not the best very slow need to improve this

Room was very nice and staff very friendly

Fantastic stay. Extremely comfortable hotel with a chilled atmosphere
    • Gardens Side Double Room

There is nothing not to like.

Staff were excellent. Couldn’t do enough for you. Will definitely go back

Good location.
    • Patio Side Double Room

Breakfast could be better, with more hot options.

Good location. Attentive staff.

Very good staff, professional, and the kitchen provided an...
    • Patio Side Double Room

Very good staff, professional, and the kitchen provided an excellent dinner.

Beautiful hotel, wonderful service and very comfortable accommodation. Our room was stunning!

Everything!

Lovely - perfect long weekend

Some sunbed politics!

Lovely hotel, oasis in the busy city

Relaxing stay in the Medina.
    • Patio Side Double Room

Squeaky door below room 139.

All good.

Awesome

An oasis.

Wonderful
    • Patio Side Double Room

The magical atmosphere the building and greenery

The ambience

It was so peaceful thank you so much!

Better wifi

It was so peaceful thank you so much!

Beautiful stay at the Garden! Quiet and serene only steps from the vibrant city of Marrakech.
    • Sultane Double Room

Beautiful pool area! Gorgeous ammenities and common areas. Our room and the little touches were spectacular!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Beautiful paradise

Very poor pool service

Beautiful hotel, amazing spa, gorgeous pool area, large clean beautiful bedroom.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Lovely stay, tranquility in the heart of the city
    • Patio Side Double Room

They have tortoises roaming the grounds!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The attention to detail was amazing.
    • Patio Side Double Room

The attention to detail was amazing.? The service was perfect, the ambience and food were lovely

Oasis in the Medina.
    • Solarium Double Room

Very few sun loungers by the pool which got the sun.

Oasis in the Medina. Very comfortable hotel

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great Hospitality

Very nice staff

It feels like coming home

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Very relaxing and charming.
    • Gardens Side Double Room

Lovely large garden room. Fantastic location for discovering Marrakech.

Wonderful stay! The solarium room was perfect, lovely terrace and roof terracce
    • Solarium Double Room

Room was a little dated & could do with a revamp.

Very comfortable rooms and beds. Excellent food in the restaurant and clean, warm pool.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

An oasis of calm

An oasis of calm

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Nice place, some staff need better training
    • Patio Side Double Room

Staff were not very attentive. Pool service non existent.

Nice oipen fire in the bedroom

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Excellent hotel
    • Solarium Double Room

Lovely rooms good food welcoming staff

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Very very friendly place for quite time

Very very friendly place for quite time

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Staff are very helpful

Staff are very helpful

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Garden escape in the city

Location and rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

fantastic Riad in with a very traditional atmosphere, highly recommend

Gym is out of date

Breakfast was very good with a nice maroccan touch. Very friendly and relaxed welcome procedure.

Staff friendliness from arrival to exit
    • Patio Side Double Room

Staff friendliness from arrival to exit Early check-in

Browse Les Jardins De La Médina traveller photo gallery