Reviews of Riad A La Belle Etoile

14 Rue Saniat Sabounji, 11001 Sale, Morocco

#11 of 13 hotels in Sale

The room was really nice and comfortable.
    • Family Suite

The room was really nice and comfortable. The owner is really nice person. Breakfest we got was also good. The only thing that wasn't good for me was that there weren't true windows. But it depended on the type of the building.

Riad is beautiful but price is too much i think.
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

1. Communication. Doesn't matter how hard they can try they don't speak English and speak French even when i said i don't understand any word in French. 2. We booked option with breakfast. It's nothing even close to the picture they have on booking. We get for two people : 4 sweet rolls and 2 small sweet rolls as well, coffie. 3. I don't know how much it can cost but if we knew then we could save some money and eat breakfast even in McDonald's. At the end we payed a little less money. 4. Also we should pay with exchange rate from that day cause it's even write in booking but they took 11 Dirham per 1 euro i want to pay in euro but they didn't have change.

All Riad is vvery beautiful. Localization is also good. Not too far from ocean and tram station and McDonald's as well :)

Great accomodation!

Beautiful riad! We enjoyed riding a tram to medina, the staff was helpful, and the accomodation was very comfortable and clean. The wifi was the best we had so far! Thanks to mrs Nadia who was very friendly and made great breakfast for us!

Enjoyable Stay
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

Stéphane and everyone were great, they were very helpful and made sure I had everything I needed. Nice outdoor space and dining area with good views of the area. I would definitely recommend and hope to return in the future. Thanks again for everything!

Beautiful accommodation, we stayed in the Essaouira room on...
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

Beautiful accommodation, we stayed in the Essaouira room on the top with a roof terrace. Nadia was mostly helpful during our stay, she made us feel very welcome.

It was a bad experience, totally bad experience. But glad it was just for a night!!!
    • Marrakech Junior Suite

The staff (SUPER) unfriendly or helpful. NOT even a "hi" The attached picture is of the so-called bed we paid €55 for. #Extortion

The decor of the lobby.

Great stay
    • Marrakech Junior Suite

Very cozy riad with lots of space in the room and bathroom. Location is only a 40 minute walk across the bridge to Rabat or you can easily get a taxi. It’s in a nice quiet area away from the hustle of Rabat but close enough to explore.

Magical place, very quiet and clean.
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

I missed more communication. We arrived at 5:30 am, the girl took our passports and didn't let us know that she was meant to return them to us in the morning. We were a little worried until I went to knock on her door, and she told us that.

Everything was so pretty and magical. Very quiet. From the door to the bathroom. The Riad is in a village inside a fortress, a must sight seeing in Rabat. The building has a wonderful terrace where we had a wonderful breakfast. The personal was really nice and smiley.

Great value for money

It's a one man staff hotel so if you have special needs or need to hurry in the morning it's hard. He can prepare breakfast for only one group at a time.

We were going from Marrakech to Chefchaouen and needed a place to crash in the night, this property served the purpose for us. Parking is quite east to find on the streets and property is quite and beautiful.

The staff was amazing and the breakfast tasty - we could...
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

The staff was amazing and the breakfast tasty - we could choose what kind of things we wanted to have in the morning. Our first room was incredible! We had a little space on top of the riad - like our little own hut. We could see the sunrise and sunset from our windows. Our second room inside the riad was very spacious and typcial marocan - loved it!

Pleasant stay with wonderful views of Sale & Rabat
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

Wireless on the top floor was difficult to pick up - but would still choose the top floor suite if I returned. The card machine wasn't working so had to pay by cash.

Superb roof top room with a nice breakfast facility close by. Cheaper than staying in Rabat.

The place is very authentical and beautiful.
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

The place is not easy to find, no parking. Staff speaks only French, so we had some difficulties with the communication.

The place is very authentical and beautiful. The location is nice - close to the main sights of Sale. The room had enough space, comfortable bed and shower.

Stuff was friendly good location and comfortable room though obscure somewhat..
    • Meknes Junior Suite

There was one stain on my actually good experiance with the Riad. Wanted to leave for Chefchaouen and had got contradicted info from the net, the riad owner in chef.and the girl working here.Finaly she called a taxi for taking me to Rabat, a 10min drive.she said it would cost like 20dirham when actually he charged me of 200! I was pissed off and didn't understand why she called him when any other taxi driver would have taken me for 20. So it smells like a good way of making an extra..he charges 10 times the real price and than he gives her commission..He took me to the bus staion in a short drive for 200dirham then I bought a bus ticket for 7 hours drive for 110dirham

I give 5 out of 10 averagely. The bedding is not clean.
    • Fez Suite

I left my Canon camera charger and adopter in my room. After checking-out, I emailed the hotel on the same day asking can I come to take it when I'm back. They didn't reply to me. It's a UK adopter, cannot use in Morocco and I don't know why they didn't reply. I have to buy one in Casablanca.

The staff cannot speak English, but they have tried their best to understand.

Gorgeous property, but fell short.
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

Staff wasn't accommodating. Did not accept credit card (advertised they did). Did not speak English (advertised they did). Breakfast was an hour late with no explanation from staff (all guests were waiting on terrace - we waited there for 30 minutes before even seeing a staff person).

The Riad is absolutely beautiful!

It is a nice place to stay but they need to improve on telling timing of breakfast.
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

Interior decoration, colour. Size of bed. Plus not too noisy area.

I wasn't told the time of breakfast nor we was called at the time of breakfast so we missed. Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

So so.
    • Fez Suite

Breakfast always late! Always have to remind them to prepare breakfast! Depend on the staff whether you get to serve you fresh orange juice. The lady staff to lazy to make you the orange juice. Not good if you are on business trips! No hair dryer also!

I love the room decor.

Beautiful Riad in Sale's Medina
    • Marrakech Junior Suite

The breakfast could have been better

Good location (walking distance to the tram stop), although a bit difficult to find while driving. The Riad is very nice and clean, the room has good air conditioning, which is extremely important during the summer. Also the wifi connection is excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful, but speak only French as a foreign language, which is usually the case in Morocco though.

The riad was beautiful.
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

The lady running the place seemed not to know much (i.e. Somewhere close by to eat or beach recommendations). The place felt a little deserted. Also our room had a horrible smell coming from the plumbing, just wouldn't go away no matter how much we aired the room out.

The riad was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

cool stay in rabat
    • Marrakech Junior Suite

Room was lacking of bright

Room was big and emplacement is good. We had some troubles to find a taxi to salé after midnight but no problem if you are moving before tram service ends. Staff was cool. We had a super breakfast 😉

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

breakfast was good.
    • Family Suite

No window in the room. No soundproof- we could hear every little thing. We asked for a taxi from and the fix price was 18 eur- 200 mad.For our departure we took one from the street price was 41 mad !!!!!!!! Very expensive for Rabat standarts and not very polite stuff. We paid in eur and we were pushing for two days to get back our change.

breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Dirty horrible place with rude and uncooperatif staff
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

The service was terrible. There were cockroaches as big as man's finger in the bathroom. I was so disgusted that I wanted to leave earlier and they still charged me for all nights, although I asked them 1 day in advance.

Lovely chill spot with stunning views.
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

The room being cleaned while I'm in there and my things being rearranged. Surprised at being promoted for payment at random times soon after being there. Bless them they mean well.

Gorgeous interior, absolutely stunning 360° views from the roof terrace. Lovely staff, even though my Arabic & French is zero Fatima & co managed to help with anything I needed. Great place to chill.

Relaxing Stay in Salé/Rabat
    • Meknes Junior Suite

The staff mainly speak french and only some english. But communication always worked out in the end.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great, right around the corner of the souks of Salé and a nice 10 minute walk to the tram that takes you to Rabat. Breakfast up on the terrace was amazing, especially on sunny days.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

They overpriced everything and took advantage of a...
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

They overpriced everything and took advantage of a misunderstanding. They charged 50 Dhs per person per breakfast while they gave us food for one person. The same food and much more we ate out for the price of 54 Dhs. I would not recommend this place. It was cold and dirty. They did not provide a heater or more blankets. We had 4 kids with us and they were saying we did not notify them. When searching booking com I specified nr of kids however it gave me this place as an option. Anyway it's our business. We would not be able to take two rooms. Kids have to stay with us they are little. Anyway in conclusion I would not recommend this to anyone. And they only accept cash because their system does not work. Supposedly.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Staff is very nice,
    • Marrakech Junior Suite

The hot water in our room was not working, it was 0100am , the staff was very nice to help us to change to another room. The only thing little annoying was the sound insulation. We can hear noise clearly outside and inside the Raid

Staff is very nice,

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Good stay at Belle Etoile
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

The ladies speak very little english, but communication at the end was always possible (french, gestures...).

The ladies of the Riad were really nice and helpful, making your stay as if you were at home. The Riad was quite beautiful and had a terrace with a nice view of the Sale beach, the river, and part of Rabat. Despite the fact that the Riad was located in Sale, it has an easy connection (less than 10 min walk) by tramway to Rabat (10-15min depending where you want to go in Rabat). I was glad that we (my mom and I) stayed there because otherwise we probably would have not gone to visit Sale. We also enjoyed the reccomendations from the Riad on what to visit and where to go for lunch/dinner.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

They printed our Ryanair boarding passes for us
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

After several unsuccessful attempts to email ourRyanair boarding pass to the Riad, they let my husband have a go on their computer which had an Arabic/ French keyboard! We were pleased to get them printed. We managed to get there on the tram from the station and follow a map downloaded onto the iPad. Our bed was up some steps on a platform and there was also a sofa in the room. I couldn't see any smoke alarms. It's worth going up on the roof for the sunset and a fairly authentic looking palm tree that is actually a phone mast. The room was quite dark, but it was possible to plug in French style chargers and there was a multi French style adapter so you could have the light on as well. The bed on the platform was at a good height for unpacking the cases.

Traditional Moroccan Riad - Good value overall
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

can be quite difficult to find when arriving at night as within it is the walls of old Medina.

Traditional moroccan accommodation within the medina of Sale. The tram stop towards Rabat is a 10 minute walk away. Breakfast is decent value and staff are very friendly (though they speak very little to no English)

Amazing view!
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

Price is too high - not appropriate for the quality of room and service. Tasteless breakfast.

Amazing view from terrace. Very nice and clean space for guest.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Good value for money and an authentic experience.
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

The light in the toilet had a horror-film flicker and some of the plug sockets weren't firmly attached to the wall.

Really charming little Riad and beautifully decorated.

Unfriendly welcome, service poor

Unfriendly welcome, service poor

A perfect place to stay close to Rabat. Wr would definetly come again :)
    • Meknes Junior Suite

The staff was quite hard to reach (but very friendly!)

The room was big and beautiful and the riad had an amazing roof top terrace!

Close to the heart of the city, cosy environment

Close to the heart of the city, cosy environment

Out of season - December - but room.
    • Fez Suite

Out of season - December - but room.was freezing and dusty / dirty. The receptionist laughed at this complaint.

Spacious room.
    • Khenifra Junior Suite

Stayed for a week . Same towels all week.

Spacious room. Lovely roof terrace.great views.

The property was beautiful and clean.
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

There were bed bugs and we were bitten. And there was no staff to offer customer service.

The property was beautiful and clean.

Relax stay in Sale
    • Family Suite

Simohammed was very helpful during our stay...Location of the riyad is excellent for trips to Rabat. We had a very good time in the Riyad !

The room was very nice
    • Fez Suite

Saying that we need to pay on arrival. And the impossibility to pay with my visa card.

The room was very nice

Beautiful facility. No confidence in staff.
    • Family Suite

The staff did not seem to know we were coming. They questioned my email confirmation,

Very Moroccan

Nice riad but the parking is not for free!!!

The parking is not for free!!!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Sale - old town medina
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

Late check in - the manager welcomed us with a smile at 1 am.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Moroccan style place - costly, but...
    • Double Room -Tétouan-

Real Moroccan style place. And the view from the terrace...

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Price issue
    • Meknes Junior Suite

Price and had no right to breakfast

The owner came to pick me up

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Beautiful property.
    • Double Room -Essaouira- Ocean view

Beautiful property. Helpful personnel.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Overpriced

Overpriced. Hard to find. Extra bed too small. No English.

Basic breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Ragaa, is an exceptional hostess and Malika is the best Hammam/masseuse!

Management should provide small soap and shampoo.

Excellent location, quiet neighborhood, near tramway, Marina restaurants, and sea views.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

Beautiful bedroom with lots of space.

Beautiful bedroom with lots of space. Salle is out of Rabat but a 10 minute walk away to the fantastic tram into town. A larger scale map would be useful in the bedroom info pack.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

We really liked how beautiful and traditional the building...

We really liked how beautiful and traditional the building was. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was perfect each morning and the service from the staff was excellent throughout.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The Riad was great.

It is in Sale, not Rabat (the other side of the bridge). Not an issue really as it is a 10 minute taxi ride/tram ride.

The Riad was great. The room was big and the style was traditional but also modern. The bathroom was also nice and big, great Moroccan decor and the shower was hot and powerful! The breakfast was good and we even got to have it outside on the big terrace where there is an amazing view of the city.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

I liked the private Hammam and body scrub by Marika who also...

I liked the private Hammam and body scrub by Marika who also cooked me a delicious tagine with prunes! Simou was a very helpful caretaker/receptionist

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

Lovely terrace for breakfast.

There only appeared to be 1 member of staff who was very young and had to work extremely hard. Communication was a bit tricky. Helps if you can speak French.

Lovely terrace for breakfast. Beautiful Riad.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

The room and hotel were beautiful.

The room and hotel were beautiful. All the staff were really helpful and nice, especially Assisse (wrong spelling), who helped me organize my taxi and find my way around Rabat.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Location was ok, close to our meeting the next day.

We will pay more for a bigger and better room next time. Price a little high for what we got, stayed in Marrakech Room, will go bigger next time.

Location was ok, close to our meeting the next day. Room was clean, breakfast simple but ok. Staff try hard.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Traditional riad in medina, beautiful view from top floor,...

It was difficult to find, she kindly came to meet us and guided us into the walled medina. Dining and sitting areas and best bedroom (windows all around) on top floor, but lots of steep stairs!

Traditional riad in medina, beautiful view from top floor, comfy bed, space, clean.Friendly helpful manager made no problems about late arrival because of delayed flight, but gave us delicious rooftop meal (as booked in advance).

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

very nice Riad in Salé with a really nice owner.

very nice Riad in Salé with a really nice owner. We had dinner the evening we arrived, which was lovely, tea on the terrace and got to see some magic card tricks. Rabat can be reached very easily by train (5 10 minute walk to the station). All in all a very nice stay.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2015

Service was obsessed with payment.

Service was obsessed with payment. They asked for the money 10 min after arriving and twice a day after that. Finally they noked on our door at 24:00 in the night before departing, requesting payment. Very disgusting.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The staff was really nice.

Away from most everything. Had to pay in cash each time you had a meal or asked for water or tea or.... Riad was in need of maintenance. It appeared that no cosmetic work was done on the place since it was remodeled years ago. Cigarette smoke from people on the roof terrace always came into the common area of the house. It would have been nice to be introduced or meet the owner since we were there so long.

The staff was really nice. The dinner meals prepared at the riad were great. A/C in rooms worked very well. The old tile in the place was very beautiful. Our rooms were very spacious.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2015

the staff were very helpful.

being presented with bill at beginning of stay instead of the end.

the staff were very helpful. Loved the decor and places to relax in. lovely breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Our 1 night stay at the riad in Rabat, was excellent.

The Fez room was a little dusty and my allergies went crazy. I'm guessing the room hasnt been used in a while. Im also guessing that the fancy bed canopies arent cleaned often

Our 1 night stay at the riad in Rabat, was excellent. We were there for the Mawazine music festival, and we arrived into Rabat from Essaouira late at night. The gentleman welcomed us into the riad despite the time and was very kind. The room was spacious, relatively clean and the service was fantastic. The riad and our room (The Fes suite) was beautiful with elegant traditional Moroccan architecture…. it made us feel very royal! The gentleman was very helpful. He suggested ideal places to eat and see. This riad is very good value for money. The riad also seems to be LGBT friendly. I would highly recommend this riad to anyone.

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

Very pad area the old city is no comfortable darty

By booking you can't pay when you want to bye by visa the take commession 5% . Or cache It's expensive for the reat around and a good place

Very pad area the old city is no comfortable darty

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

Great location in the old medina of Sale.

the property doesn't have real parking facilities if you travel by car. Nonetheless, we could found a kind of private parking 100 m far for a very good price.

Great location in the old medina of Sale. Great breakfast. Very kind and friendly staff. The property is really beautiful, I really appreciated the rooms, the decoration, the attention to the details. Very very nice. Nice view from the terrace.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

The courtesy of the staff.

Not so easily available parking if you are travelling with a car. I would have liked to have an airdryer in the room, but I guess that if I had asked the staff they could found one for me (I didn't ask, it was quite hot, no real need of an hairdryer)

The courtesy of the staff. Very helpful. The property is really beautiful. Nice terrace with a great view. Small hammam and you can have dinner on the terrace if you ask for it. You can have tea. Breakfast was fine. I loved the room decoration, the attention to details. Staff really friendly and nice. I would sure come back if I'll go back to Rabat.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

The riad is gorgeous, very traditional, we were blown away...

The reception staff were not always readily available. I always had search for them and I almost felt I was imposing on them if I needed help. It was also cold in our room but these aren't reasons not to visit this riad.

The riad is gorgeous, very traditional, we were blown away by our room! The breakfast was amazing, always fresh and served by a very lovely lady (don't know her name).

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Friendly staff, nice breakfast on rooftop terrace with view...

Not the best location in the medina of Sale, neighborhood feels a bit shady, but nothing bad happened.

Friendly staff, nice breakfast on rooftop terrace with view on the ocean and both the medinas of Sale and Rabat. Bed was really comfortable! Nice en suite bathroom. From the riad you walk to the train station in 15 minutes where you can get on the train to Marrakesh, Casablanca etc (you don't have to transfer in Rabat ville).

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

All the staff were very polite,Fatimzahra & Stéphane...

All the staff were very polite,Fatimzahra & Stéphane thank you for wonderful 4 days.Samira, the hostess is great .Lady who cleaned our room is perfect! Thank you, thank you.Anastasiya and Asen

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

Hot water - True Moroccan feel - breakfast was basic but ok

Heating did not work in room - rooms very small - loads of stairs - had a nightmare finding the Raid - check in boy half asleep, looked like a rap star and did not know about our booking, asked for our wedding certificate when we had 2 rooms booked.

Hot water - True Moroccan feel - breakfast was basic but ok

• Reviewed: 16 March 2015

EL RIAD ES TIPICO TIPICO, MUY ORIGINAL, MUY BUEN TRATO CON...

LA ENTRADA AL RIAD

EL RIAD ES TIPICO TIPICO, MUY ORIGINAL, MUY BUEN TRATO CON EL DUEÑO, LAS PUERTAS MUY ORIGINALES CON LOS NOMBRES DE CIUDADES DE MARRUECOS ,EL TE, LA CAMA MUY COMODA

• Reviewed: 21 February 2015

we were not pestered by the staff or Fatimzahra &...

we were not pestered by the staff or Fatimzahra & Stéphane who all were polite and accommodating.A nice and peaceful stay well done!!... a good breakfast and close to the tram All the staff were very polite thankyou Fatimzahra & Stéphane for a comfortable stay

• Reviewed: 5 February 2015

The staff were great, I was well looked after and even had...

My room had smell but it was bearable, didn't have brouchers for tourist activity

The staff were great, I was well looked after and even had my dinner served at 1.00 am which is incredible

• Reviewed: 8 January 2015

easy to find with a little help of the sale citizens.

Hectic welcome, we had to ask the staff for things that usually are part of the welcome (showing us the room, giving us the keys...), no welcome tea, Mold/mould in the bathroom, smell of drainage in the bathroom. The room & bathroom was just medium clean.

easy to find with a little help of the sale citizens. safe parking for 20 dh / night around the corner. the staff was very helpful after asking. wifi worked well. very organised (map w/ infos at arrival, breakfast etc.). good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Monica was very helpful.

Street noise quite loud

Monica was very helpful. Bed really comfy.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

The Riad was better than we expected in terms of style and...

The Riad was better than we expected in terms of style and comfort. The breakfast was yummy too!

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Mohamed madre us feel like at home.

Mohamed madre us feel like at home. Warm and so kind!! It really helped us to feel confortable!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

Beautiful Riad and friendly staff.

Beautiful Riad and friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious. We can definitely recommend this place.

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Riad A La Belle Etoile traveller photo gallery