Reviews of Riad Dar Selen

8 Derb El Hammam Bab Ailen, Medina, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#835 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

I couldn’t be happier about my choice of stay in Marrakesh.

I couldn’t be happier about my choice of stay in Marrakesh. Absolutely loved the riad! My stay was perfect- I was looked after by the staff and the owner better than I have ever been anywhere else in the world. Everyone was so caring and so lovely that I couldn’t thank them enough for it! Food was amazing, bed comfortable, room clean. It was easy to find and close to everything. Would go back again and again 💕

Not for tourists. Stay away

The place smells terrible as well as the area where the Road is located. The area is surrounded by a not so good neighborhood and is far from the square. This is not a place for tourists. This will make tour stay in morroco harder and unpleasant. Please pay for a place that has more comfort and better location. You will thank me later.

Hassan the concierge is a great person and he did everything to makes us feel at home

Would recommend and stay again!

There’s not much, there was a smell in the room from sewage but we talked to multiple other people in other Riads and they had the same. Hassan explained that it was because of the bad water circulation in the Medina

Hassan, the host, went out of the way to make our stay comfortable. Helping us with cabs, with money exchange, placed to visit, odd breakfast time (we had breakfast at 6 am one day and 11 am another) , where to eat, etc. We had a great time and the pictures of the room are just like you find them. Would definitely recommend and stay again. The room was very comfortable, air conditioned, extra pillows, comfortable bed, and good water pressure. The breakfast was delicious and warmed up when he noticed that you were up. you are on the east side of the Medina where it is mostly local the more touristy area is 15 minute walk. We liked that, it was nice to be away from the hustle.

Nice stay next to the medina walls.

It's very hard to find the place, there are neither riad name nor house number on the door. Maps me is showing wrong locations so I had to asked locals. Location might be a bit scary at night for a lonely female traveller.

The room and bathroom were clean, the breakfest is typical for the riads I have visted and tasty (they serve fresh presed orange juice). The staff is very freindly and helpfull. There was no problem with very late check in at 3 am and printing the boarding cards. Calm neighborhoods.

Very nice riad

The position of the riad is near a gate of the medina, you should ask about it, but it's on a very small street, near a pharmacy

The host there was very helpful, very nice. The riad looked very nice

My friend and I had a wonderful stay in Riad Dar Selen.

My friend and I had a wonderful stay in Riad Dar Selen. It's a cozy place, nicely decorated, and everything was very clean. Easy 15 minute walk to the main square. We felt very welcome! The rooftop with jacuzzi is amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Riad Dar Selen

No one was at the Riad when we arrived. Thank goodness the kids found the staff person late at night to let us in. Breakfast was late; it's quite far from the action in the square. And we were asked to move to another Riad to accommodate another large booking on our last day, which we firmly said no to a few times.

The room was big and comfortable.

A good experience overall, but location wasn't the best.

*Poor location *Very busy build up area near a local bazaar. Amongst local residents in streets.

Good breakfast, very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

People!

Rooms need updating

People!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

Next to Bab Aylen, you can never get lost (once you know...

Bathroom had a slight leakage problem, solved. Food is rather basic.

Next to Bab Aylen, you can never get lost (once you know where it is) and you can quickly leave the Medina. Neighbourhood is quiet, no suk. Rooms are nice and comfy, terrace good for breakfast. They work with a good taxi driver, Ali. Note: we were there in January.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Riad Dar Selen traveller photo gallery