Reviews of Riad El Amine Fes

94/96 Bouajjara, Bab Jdid R'cif, Fes El Bali, 30000 Fès, Morocco

#110 of 172 hotels in Fès

A taste of paradise! Quiet, comfy, romantic and more than beautiful with a perfect service
    • Zoubida Suite

Drinks/Food a bit high price but good choice & quality

Airport transfer - easy and reasonable price Rooms and bed are just great Top service A quiet location close to the Medina, walkin distance about 10mn - and cheap taxis close by. Nice refreshing swimming pool and a rooftop perfect to chill out

A relaxing and enjoyable stay.
    • Habiba Suite

The interior pool was a bit cold.

This is a splendid family run boutique style hotel close to the Medina in Fes. Location is a little away from the main area of tourist hotels, meaning the rooms are quiet and street less bustling. Allow 15 mins to stroll to the Medina or 25 mins if you use the Bue Gate entrance (recommended). The style and furnishings are in a traditional Moroccan style and of a very high standard. Breakfast is a selection of breads, pasties and eggs. There is also dinner available as an option. Wi-Fi is usable, if a bit slow.

This Riad has a magical charm about it!
    • Single Room Meftaha

This Riad has a magical charm about it! It was a stunning building and beautifully decorated. Everything during my stay was perfect! The staff were helpful and kind and the welcome was so warm. It really felt like home as soon as I walked in.

Very friendly people, in 15 minutes walk from the heart of...
    • Duplexe El Alia 1

Some of the staff doesn’t speak English only French. That was hard, but the kindness is very big!

Very friendly people, in 15 minutes walk from the heart of the Medina.

Nice riad, but please tell in advance that you only accept cash!
    • Jawhara Suite

The part when they said that they did not take any money from booking.com but in actual fact when booking ; its specificslly states that one night will be automatically deducted. when we arrived we were told no its not deducted and we have to pay by cash and not credit card. its very inconvenient and we have to find atm that accepts our cash. that includes both for massages and dinner too.

The staff that works there are helpful and always at your service. The hammam and massage was great! my son also enjoyed the hammam. Breakfast and dinner was good as well.

Luxury stay in Fez
    • Habiba Suite

A luxurious Riad that has a feel of a palace in the heart of Fez. The entire property is very clean and the room is suitable for a comfortable stay. The owner introduced himself and made us feel at home. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We took a massage and it was well worth the amount we paid. The Riad is conveniently located and within walking distance of major touristic attractions. My wife couldn't get enough of taking pictures of the riad as the intricate decorative pieces were exquisite.

Since there was an error with the bookings of the rooms we...
    • Lalla Khadija Suite

Since there was an error with the bookings of the rooms we were offered to change and downgrade our room in exchange for a free dinner. Our new room was much smaller and had inferior bathroom facilities. When we sat down for dinner we were expecting a menu but we just got served the cheapest menu which I could not even eat because I am vegetarian and got served a chicken (Even though I told them I would not eat meat). In the end, they offered me an egg... which was not filling at all (I had to eat again that evening because I was still hungry). Additionally, we were asked if we wanted some wine which we agreed to, only to find out the next day that it would cost us 290 dh! So we had a very disappointing experience, spending much more than we planned and receiving less. But I guess this is a kinda special situation.. Also, I would have liked to be informed about the prices of the spa but could not find information anywhere online.

The Riad was great! I fully recommend it!
    • Single Room Meftaha

The place was amazing. If I had to say anything, it was a little hard to find the keyhole at night so I wish there were more small hallway lights.

I showed up to Morocco while sick and immediately had to go to the hospital. The Riad staff were so kind and extremely helpful in checking in on me and making sure I got to the hospital. When I told them that I should go on a strict diet, they changed their menu to help me out. Overall, the Riad was amazing with amazing staff who wanted to make sure I enjoyed my time there. They will help you with tours that are much cheaper than the online offers and they all speak several languages. This place was overwhelmingly worth more than I spent and was stunningly beautiful.

Just book it, you'll be glad you did
    • Duplexe El Alia 1

The riad is absolutely beautiful and enchanting. The staff is so nice, and they really went above and beyond to ensure my sister and I had everything we needed. Big shout out to Zach for all of his advice and help as we navigated some travel difficulties as we left Fez. Without hesitation, I would recommend Riad El Amine Fes to anyone and everyone. I hope to go back one day!

The staff at the riad was phenomenal.
    • Duplexe El Alia 2

The staff at the riad was phenomenal. I felt like it really was my home for the small amount of days we stayed in Fes. They helped us set up day trips and experiences in Fes. The staff was always helpful, polite, and available for whatever our needs were. We also enjoyed their breakfasts and dinners, some of the best food we tried in Fes was at this Riad. The rooms were cute and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again! Thank you for being part of our Moroccan memories!

Beautiful, serene and a pleasant stay
    • Duplexe El Alia 2

The location is pretty far from the centre of the medina.

The moment you step into the beautiful riad it will take your breath away. It's simply beautifull. The manager and staff are very nice and will make your stay that much more special. The food was excellent as was the wine.

Had a memorable stay.
    • Zoubida Suite

Coffee could be improved and it would be nice if the hammam was complementary with the stay.

Nice Riad, breakfast was really good with Moroccan style bread, personnel was really nice and helpful.

So lovely riad to live

Wifi need to be improved

Nice breakfast, delicious dinner, nice service and nice to park, played music for our dinner for my friends' birthday. Having dinner at the hotel is such nice experience and hammal, spa, message all in the hotel. Zakaria the receptionist is very very friendly and helpful, look after us very well, and played music for her birthday dinner. Love the experience and service

Very clean, nice, and big riad, easy to find and park, not...

Wifi need to improve and a little bit cold for the room

Very clean, nice, and big riad, easy to find and park, not in the centra but within 15 mins walking following the google map. Receptionist Zakaria is very very friendly, speak very nice English and humorous. We have dinner, drinks at the restaurant, he turn on the fireplace for us to make it warmer during the evening. Tried hammal and spa message in the hotel, very nice as well.

It would be perfect had we not been moved. If they had offered to reduce our rate, it would be bette
    • Duplexe El Alia 2

We got moved the first night to a lower quality hotel and yet we still had to pay the original price.

Zachariah was the best part of the hotel. Very hospitable.

Beautiful property, good service and friendly staff, let down by check out
    • Duplexe El Alia 2

Spa was not in use, rooftop was also abandoned and not in a useable state, had to go to ATM at 7am and almost missed our train as they dont accept cards! Cash only!

Beautiful building, clean and a nice hammam

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Under no circumstance stay at this Riad, unless you enjoy cockroackes and food poisoning
    • Duplexe El Alia 2

We could not have possibly had a worse experience. Reasons why you should NOT book at this location: (a) the bathroom on the ground floor was absolutely overrun with cockroaches. We were terrified to use the bathroom after coming back from dinner and finding 5/6 cockroaches all over the bathtub, sink, walls, and worse my hairbrush...a situation that was horrible considering reason B below. (b) both my friend and I received terrible cases food poisoning from the hotel's restaurant. Normally it's not possible to identify food poisoning, but in this instance it is, as we had travelled all day and eaten almost nothing prior to arrival. Secondly my friend is vegetarian, so normally we never both ate the same dishes. That night at dinner she ate none of my meal as it wasn't vegetarian, I however sampled some of her dish at dinner (an assortment of Moroccan salads) and sure enough, at almost exactly the same time in the middle of the night the food poisoning hit. We were both knocked out of commission for days following and saw almost nothing of Fez. We were forced to cancel both our day trip plans to Meknes, and Volubilis because of the food poisoning (c) the manager, who was the only staff member who spoke English, was NEVER there. He promised to arrange transportation for us and look into options however after that first night we never saw him again. It resulted in the night before leaving for Chefchaouen that I handled everything myself without the promised assistance from him.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Stunning interior and very peaceful
    • Jawhara Suite

The introduction wasn't very thorough. I had no idea about where anything was or breakfast. A little bit more info would have been nice

Stunning interior and very peaceful

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Thank you Abdelkader !!!

I have to say that after talking to Abdelkader “the manager”, He changed our perspective about Riad El Amine. We thought we will never go back to this Riad, but after talking to him over the phone, He was very genuine and kind, He solved all the problems that we had in our previous stay. If anyone has any problem with this Riad, please ask for his name, He is very helpful, I personally would rate him as a Five Star Hero. I will always go back to this Riad as Long as he is the manager.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Not worth the money...

The toilet in our rooms wasn't working, the said it was Sunday and they can't repair it. The rooftop terrace was under construction, which should be said, pool was dirty..

The architecture of this Riad was amazing. Rooms were nice, breakfast as well.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Beautiful place, not so great service.
    • Duplexe El Alia 1

Staff didn't speak English or Spanish. Only French. Communicating really hard, and getting directions/help from the staff was very hard.

Absolutely beautiful building. Comfortable and clean rooms. Breakfast and dinner were great.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The pastille offered by the hotel's kitchen was...
    • Single Room Meftaha

Size of room was miniscule. No curtain on one window. Shower had no curtain. Other guests were not pleasant. Single room Neftaha was noisy at night. Overpriced for the summer season and for Fez generally.

The pastille offered by the hotel's kitchen was excellent. The hotel is lovely, even if the decoration work is modern.

Except

Beautifully appointed.

Don’t recommend it bad entrance and bad odor in the hotel and room very poor breakfast
    • Le Maalem Suite

The bad odor and no lift to the room we have to climb the stairs the room was cold

Really nice staff!

Really nice staff!

Fabulous hotel and wonderful warm service

Beautiful shared facilities

Very helpful management went out of their way to make us...

Very helpful management went out of their way to make us comfortable

Amazing Riad making a stay in Fes worthwhile.
    • Jawhara Suite

Amazing Riad with large Master Suites. Nice breakfast with a mix of local and standard items.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Lovely Riad in the Medina
    • Zoubida Suite

We had lived in Morocco for five years and it was great to get back to Fez - our favorite city in Morocco.

Famoulous Fes Riad
    • Jawhara Suite

Everything, except not being picked up at airport at 10:30pm as arranged.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Very nice rooms.

Dinner was expensive , 30 euro per person, for a nice dinner but not extraordinary. Glass of wine 8,50euro. Even in amsterdam i dont pay so much. Terrace is a bit plain Staff was nice but a bit reserved. It felt more like a hotel than a riad

Very nice rooms. Breakfast. Close to a parking place. It is beautiful (but almost too beautful, i miss cosyness like in other riads)

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Great room with spectacular pool in the middle.

Tour guide just took us from shop to shop instead of showing us the city.

Great room with spectacular pool in the middle. Felt like living in a palace.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Staff were very helpful

Staff were very helpful Breakfast was good It was cold at night and there was a heater provided in addition to the A/C which was much needed They let us check out late at no extra cost too

• Reviewed: 4 December 2015

The staff were very friendly and accommodating during our...

The staff were very friendly and accommodating during our entire stay. The Riad was the cleanest and most lavish we stayed at during our two weeks in Morocco.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

Beautiful building

We asked for a recommendation of a guide, and the one we were given ended up scamming us. The staff also couldn't speak a lot of English or give us recommendations for the town.

Beautiful building Value for money

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

Only here for 3 night.

The only comment I have is that the terrace is a bit plain and can do with a slight make over perhaps

Only here for 3 night. The riad is lovely pretty traditional riad which I loved about. The staff were really welcoming, lovely and so helpful throughout our stay. The hamam provided was brilliant would definitely recommend as was the massage. Overall lovely place. Would definitely come back!!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Everything, literally, the staff was very nice, spoke...

Everything, literally, the staff was very nice, spoke American level English and the property was just amazing. Seriously, some real movie type stuff.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2015

The riad was beautiful and the room was too.

Only negative was night staff getting one of his buddies to direct us to a restaurant that was clearly a tourist trap and we had to go through the usual process of politely refusing. Didn't expect it from riad staff.

The riad was beautiful and the room was too. We stayed in the Kenza suite which was big and had everything we needed. The bed was big and comfy. The riad was calming and had a nice pool and nice staff that were attentive and helpful for giving travel advice and helping us organise transport. We both enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2015

The interior of the property is beautiful.

It is located in the Medina, right at the edge of the souk. It does not seem to be a very safe area in which to walk around at night, so once you return to the Riad at the end of the day you either must plan on staying in for the night, or you must arrange for transportation to and from wherever you wish to go. (I do not believe that you are not going to want to walk around the area in which the Riad is located after dark.) Also...access to rooms on other than the ground floor us only by steep, twisting stairwells that have no handrails.

The interior of the property is beautiful. It is an authentic Riad, complete with beautiful mosaics, exceptional plaster designs, and incredible woodworking. The Staff are professional, personable, and are willing to accommodate your every wish. The kitchen is excellent and delivers not only authentic Moroccan cuisine, but also just about any other dish you might request.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

The place was an absolute dream, a calm and relaxing oasis...

The place was an absolute dream, a calm and relaxing oasis in the midst of all. Staff was amazing and beyond helpful. The architecture and decor perfect.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

A good position and a very nice staff.

Wifi connection didn't work so well.

A good position and a very nice staff. The place was wonderful and the room was comfortable. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Gorgeous Riad and lovely staff.

Difficult to cool down the room on the upper floor and the food was a bit expensive, although excellent.

Gorgeous Riad and lovely staff. Food was excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

the place is a dream of 1001 Nights;

it was unbearably cold; March has temperatures in Fez of +10 and below, basically with no central hearing - to be fair, that seemed to be a bit of a general problem in the city's hotels and restaurants, but frankly I didn't come to freeze. Also, when we arrived, the room had a really foul smell with an obvious sewerage & clorex background; didn't "ruin" the great overall experience but it's something that just needs to be fixed really. The smell had disappeared the next day.

the place is a dream of 1001 Nights; beautiful; great service; comfortable beds; dream up your perfect Fez hotel and this is as close to your dream as it can get.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2015

I can't say enough for the friendliness of all the staff!

I can't say enough for the friendliness of all the staff!!! The road was absolutely beautiful and impeccable in every manner! The food was the best I had anywhere period in Morocco and I was there nearly a month.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

Very very friendly service.

Stairs to the room are steep and narrow.

Very very friendly service. Beautiful building. In winter easy to heat.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

Small selection for breakfast.

Small selection for breakfast. No fruit.

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Riad El Amine Fes traveller photo gallery