Reviews of Riad El Wiam

24-25, Derb Gnaoua Ben Saleh, Medina, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#126 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

Riad el Wiam was better then I expected :) starting from the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Riad el Wiam was better then I expected :) starting from the warm and friendly welcoming with traditional tea and cookies, finishing with very cosy, clean and luxurious apartments :) staff was also very helpfull and friendly :) hightly recommend this place :))

Beautiful property and hosts. One of my favorite places I've every stayed!

From the moment we entered the Riad we were greeted with a warm, kind and peaceful vibe. The entire property is drop dead gorgeous and the rooms are spacious and beautiful(Massive beds). It is also nice and small with only a few rooms so we often times had the terrace all to ourselves and spent the hottest part of the day basking in the little sitting pool with a cold beverage. We found the location to be perfect, within walking distance to everything we wanted to see and do.

Would recommend this Riad and the staff, Ali & Naomi if being close to the centre is what you want.

The Riad El Wiem, was an oasis within the Median. The staff, Ali and Naomi were very helpful and couldn't have worked harder to make our stay as trouble free as possible. The Riad was extremely well looked after, always clean and tidy and the room was perfect for our needs. Breakfast on the terrace was always tasty and set us up for the day ahead. The Riad is located very close to Jemaa el-Fnaa and the souks and was a great central location to cover all of the main locations and places of interest.

Excellent.
    • Superior Suite

Breakfast is identical each day. The hosts were slightly insisting on booking day trips via them instead of arranging things ourselves. Swimming pool very small.

Oasis of rest after humbling around in the ever busy Medina. Very hygienical, especially for moroccan standards. Gigantic bath in the room.

Pretty riad in great location
    • Superior Suite

Check in process was a bit slow and it was unclear when our room would be available but it all worked out well in the end.

Great location and ambiance. Lovely breakfast on the rooftop terrace. The superior room is clean and spacious. No noise from the street.

A tranquil and picturesque hideaway deep within the loud and perpetually awake Marrakech

I arrived in the middle of the day, and couldn't find my shuttle driver at the airport, as I didn't have local service I used the airport wifi to send the Riad an email asking how long it would take. The Riad responded immediately, and the driver found me within a minute. Amazing! Very friendly driver took me into the medina, where I was greeted by a man with a wheelbarrow, who took my bags and led me to the Riad. Tucked away along a slightly creepy tunnel-like side street, the Riad is a stunning sanctuary of peace. Before my passport or booking number was checked I was made to sit and relax with fresh mint tea and cookies. I felt so at ease. The unrushed nature of the host was very peaceful. The Riad itself is so beautiful, wonderful taste, intriguing artworks on the walls. We stayed at the superior double room before heading to Essaouira for a day and then returned to a regular double, and I would recommend both. The superior room had an amazingly huge bed and a cutesy little balcony shared with the neighbours. The regular double was obviously smaller, but just so picturesque. We were able to leave our bags at the Riad for a whole day in between our stay, which was very helpful. The night guard Ali helped us in the seemingly impossible task of finding ice for our cocktails on the last night, the roof terrace was open for hanging out all night, the two resident cats are adorable, and Ali even woke up at 5am to walk me to my airport shuttle. Just blown away, what a wonderful stay!

A peaceful haven tucked away behind the hustle and bustle.

The Riad is located very close to the bus station which is very convenient and is still very close to everything else in town as well. We found its location without problems, tucked away behind some cutesy, tiny little streets and were greeted in a beautifully relaxed and unhasty manner by the lady of the house. She showed us our room and then greeted us downstairs with tea, a detailed geographic description on a map and well-wishes. The riad is beautiful, particularly the roof terrace. Breakfast included fried eggs, muffins, jams, coffee and juice, and was available until 11:30. Unhurried, sleeping in, wonderful. We borrowed some cards from the ground floor living room, and were able to play at night, which was lovely. The room key also had a front door key, which is very smart and handy, and the Riad let us keep our bags there well after we checked-out due to the late hour of our bus back to Marrakech. Highly recommended!

A beautiful must-stay

There was nothing not to like about Riad El Wiam. Beautiful & clean accommodation, exceptionally friendly and courteous staff, located in the heart of the Medina. It might be a little hard to find for new visitors so be sure to arrange for the staff to meet you.

The staff was incredibly courteous and accommodating, especially Ayub! He was a rockstar and went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience. He also gave us great recommendations of places to go and excellent conversation! Thank you!

beautiful riad!

the manager was calculating price we had to pay for our stay, I was secretly calculating as well, his calculation was so off that we had to pay 300 dirhams more? So I showed him the right number.... and he didn't even recalculate just charged us the price I showed him. hum......

beautiful riad, if you like to take photos, this is a good place!

Beautiful, serene, well run Riad

The only critique if I had to give one is that it is difficult to find. But, the staff arrange for pickup and dropoff and will come retrieve you if you're dropped farther away.

The space is stunning and beautifully decorated. The staff are very down to earth, friendly, always with a smile on their face. I really enjoyed my stay there, and would stay again.

A great place to stay while sampling the delights of Marrakech
    • Superior Suite

A warm and engaging welcome. Time taken to explain the Riad and the souks. Beautiful inside just like the photos. Caring and attentive staff were a delight. The cat is very friendly : )

Excellent Stay

A little bit difficult to find the location as it’s hidden on secondary streets behind main road, but once in the area ask the locals in the streets and they will point it out

The Riad was reaaly clean, nicely decorated in traditional style, the staff was very kind and welcoming, the breakfast really good. Our room was tidy, cable tv working, nice bath, everything was amazing in our short stay. The rooftop terrace is really amazing!

Beautiful!

There was some kind of the pool on the rooftop but it wasn’t working and sheets had strange smell. It was a little bit noisy from the outside.

Room was beautiful, cozy and clean. Lobby and rooftop are magnificent as well as the staff. Food was fresh and tasty. Riad is so classy decorated and staff is very pleasant. We really enjoyed here.

Quiet, relaxing and in the middle of the Médina. Great staff, tranquil space with everything needed.

Cats were sweet and friendly but they had long hair so I just had to take an allergy pill daily. Totally fine though!

Naima was fantastic, she greeted me and welcomed me to the Riad and sat with me while I detemined my itinerary and food preferences for the next few days. All staff were so helpful and nice and spoke enough English and well enough for me to communicate any of my needs. Felt like being at a friends house where I was comfortable enough to sit and lounge where I pleased.

The terrace is amazing since it has a little swimming pool...

The terrace is amazing since it has a little swimming pool and some lounge areas to relax. The rooms were charming and had a little inner balcony. Staff was friendly and they had a super sweet cat!

Really relaxed, welcoming and family like atmosphere.

TV didn’t work. But want a problem. Maybe remove the TV altogether?

Really relaxed, welcoming and family like atmosphere. It’s a simple riad, without the frills. The location is ace, and I’d happily stay here again.

Very clean and small riad with a family atmosphere.

Can't think of anything bad. Maybe they could provide detailed information about parking upfront but we made it with their help via phone.

Very clean and small riad with a family atmosphere. We felt very welcome. Room was small but very comfortable and the bathroom was great. The riad is decorated with much sense for details. Also the location is perfect, you can walk to all spots in a few minutes. We stayed in two riads in Marrakesch and would definitely prefer this one. Next time we book all nights there. Thanks a lot to the stuff members!

Very nice and helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice and helpful staff. Good place to explore Marrakesh. The rooftop was beautiful and quiet, perfect to relax after walking through the busy streets.

Great accommodation in top location
    • Double or Twin Room

Room 1 (ground floor) is a little louder than the other rooms due to its proximity to the reception area. Not a complaint, just a word of advice for light sleepers

The hammam was fantastic: can’t recommend enough! The hotel was beautiful - the perfect Moroccan riad, with friendly staff, generously proportioned breakfasts and a great location. It managed to be in the heart of the medina and at the same time a quiet oasis

Beautiful riad, great staff, good location.

The airport shuttle was higher than we had previously paid.

I loved having coffee up on the rooftop in the mornings! Staff was very accommodating to meet our needs. Beautifully decorated, good location. Great breakfast and very tasty food. Loved that we were briefed with a map and location help when we first arrived.

Lovely Riad in nice location

The city tax should be included in the price. In previous hotels they included it in the price. The breakfast could be more varied.

Friendly staff, beautiful rooms, super comfortable beds, nice breakfast in top terrace. Naima and Ayoub helped us with some tourists tips, while Simo coordinated our airport pick-up and sent us a very informatice welcome email. The Riad is absolutely beautiful and it’s location allows to explore the city by foot.

Local, friendly, authentic, homely

N/A.

The staff members at Riad El Wiam are all so welcoming and friendly - we settled in very quickly and it felt much like home. The staff were so helpful throughout our stay. The riad itself is absolutely beautiful and spotlessly clean. We loved it - especially the amazing mint tea!

Egg was served with yolk broken and very softly cooked-would...

Egg was served with yolk broken and very softly cooked-would have preferred either no egg or asked how I’d like it cooked to avoid wasting it. Shower tray drained very slowly.

A peaceful retreat in the busy Medina
    • Superior Suite

A/C is a bit tricky to work but finally got the hang of it thanks to Ayub.

This Riad is superb. Excellent location and impeccably clean. Naima, Simo and the rest of the staff are the friendliest most welcoming hosts I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. Breakfast is excellent, and the best lamb tagine in the Medina. Highly recommend this Riad. Thank you again for a most wonderful stay. أرجو أن تقولوا إلى صباح بالنسبة لي.

Absolutely wonderful!

We had a wonderful stay. The Riad was beautifully decorated and furnished. The hosts were excellent and really accommodating in giving us information about Marrakech and arranging transfers to the airport, as well as organising breakfast to the room due to our early get up! Our room was great too, clean, comfortable and again, well decorated. We also ate both dinner and breakfast which was delicious. We would certainly recommend staying here.

Perfect in every way!

There is nothing I can think of as a negative, this is the first 10 score I have given!

These guys try very hard to offer the perfect Riad stay experience and they actually deliver

Practically perfect in every way. 5 stars!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel was incredible and we were so sad to have only stayed one night. The staff were truly incredible, especially Naima, who is sweetest lady in the world! She helped us out so much throughout our entire stay, even before we checked in to the hotel! We are so thankful. The room was PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL, the food was SUPERB and the location was just as wonderful, only a few streets away from the medina. And they serve alcohol for those of you needing a drink after those long travels! Really came in handy for us lol. If our travels bring us back to Marrakech, we will definitely return! Thank you for making our stay truly amazing.

‘Home away from home’ type Riad. Most loved Riad.

Central location and perfect place for 1st and 2nd time visitors. However, we were charged more by taxis, as the location is well into the Medina. It’s great to stay for more than 3 days but customers should be aware that taxis are found a walk away.

Enchanting, home like experience. Very kind and caring staff. When returning to Marrakech, will only stay here due to the amazing welcome and sincere environment.

The hotel is very nice and the personnel very friendly.

The hotel is very nice and the personnel very friendly. Everything you want or need they will give/ tell you. The training upon arrival was very helpful! I really recommend this hotel!

The Riad is really beautiful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The Riad is really beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful (the best service we had in Morocco) and the breakfast was delicious. Definitely recommend it!

Lovely place to relax and unwind...
    • Superior Suite

The breakfast was a little disappointing, consisting mainly of breads, jam, and fruit. It was adequate, but nothing special.

Firstly, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The facilities were clean, rooms spacious and well appointed.

Very warm, friendly and helpful staff.

Very warm, friendly and helpful staff. Great location. Beautiful Riad and very comfortable rooms. One of the best booking.com experiences I've had, could not recommend it highly enough!

Wonderfull experience in the heart of the Medina
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect. The staff was really lovely and helpful. The traditional decoration seduced us, and we had a perfect room, comfortable, with a big bed. I know we'll come back soon to eat the delicious breakfast of this riad again ! Thanks so much to Simo for his precious advices about the city and the activities. I recommend this guesthouse, best place to spend holidays.

Nice and clean riad. Good location and lovely staff

We were not happy at all with the company they suggested to visit Ait Ben Haddou. They need to change provider or have a very serious talk with them. Not enough light in the room.

Big room, massive bed, good size bathroom. Staff is lovely, very warm and welcoming. Extremely helpful. They can help you book trips and one day excursions. Breakfast is good and tasty. Good location. The price is very affordable for what you get.

Incredible. We really loved it here!!

Staff went above and beyond with everything. The two cats were wonderful! Lunch on the terrace was yummy and relaxing. Very quiet and peaceful inside - felt relaxed as soon as we walked in. Great communal areas. Fantastic shower. Loved the extra extra large bed! We liked everything!

Great host, great food, great Moroccan house with lovely...

Great host, great food, great Moroccan house with lovely interior garden and terrace! To me, Riad El Wiam was like an oasis in a desert, if you know what I mean :)

Charming riad with big bath and XL-bed
    • Superior Suite

Excelent riad!king-size bed very confortable,charming ambient,breakfast was great,location is perfect:near the main square but very quiet.But the best was the staff,very proffesional.they helped us a lot!As we didn't have time enough to organize the excursions,we asked them for suggestions.finally we booked with them a custom route according to our interests. 100% reccomended.

Most amazing accommodation I have ever stayed in!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was great, when we were a little chilly they put a fire on.

This Riad was an amazing oasis in the middle of Marrakech. Staff were incredible and they went the extra mile with everything - airport shuttle, breakfast, dinner, helping with a tour. AMAZING!!

Very nice staff. Very cozy riad.

Very friendly, generous and helpful staff. Willingly assisted us with all our requests, even going out to purchase an electrical adapter for us at no cost.comfortable bed.clean room.great breakfast in the top terrace, beautiful view.top terrace also has a area for relaxation and sun bath.The staff prepared breakfast for us at 7am because we have to leave at 8am.so helpful.we were extremely happy staying in this riad for 2 nights.

Great! Would stay again!
    • Double or Twin Room

We had slight confusion with our airport pickup, even after following the instructions sent to us, I exited the final immigration check, and then exited the airport doors and could not find our driver. I scanned the crowd of drivers holding signs, several times, walked back and forth, but I did not see one for Riad El Wiam, or with my name. Although I will note that because it took 1hr to get through immigration AND we had a lost piece of luggage which delayed us further, I in no way held El Wiam accountable for the confusion. Once we made our way independently to the riad we were informed the driver was still at the airport, which was unfortunate.

Room was great, people were wonderful, a joy to stay at El Wiam

We absolutely loved our stay here.

We absolutely loved our stay here. The staff are by most hospitable people we've ever met. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. They even got our train tickets for our journey to Tangier, giving us more time to enjoy the city. We highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a riad in Marrakech! Thank you Riad el Wiam team for your hospitality and for making our stay a memorable one!

Riad el Wiam has best and most welcoming staff members.

Riad el Wiam has best and most welcoming staff members. Riad serves really great food, and they served us lunch and dinner without prebooking. Also, the rooms are very well maintained and clean. I liked that we were given tips how to get around in marrakech and what to expect in the local markets. Also, during our 2 week stay in Morrocco el Wiam was definately most tranquil riad. Best place to relax after bustling Marrakech streets!

Our stay at Riad el Wiam exceeded expectation.

Our stay at Riad el Wiam exceeded expectation. The building is so stunning, our room was beautifully decorated (and extremely clean), breakfast was great and the staff were amazing. So super helpful and friendly with anything we needed and very interesting to have a chat with. The location is perfect if you want to be immersed in the culture of the medina. Close to plenty of great restaurants and tourists attractions too. Also the cats were an added bonus!

The stuff was very friendly, they organized tickets to...

The stuff was very friendly, they organized tickets to Essaouira and the Transport to the bus Station. They stuff can speak english. The diner, the breakfast and the view on the terrace was very good.

Meh, but that's a riad in Marrakesh that doesn't break the bank for you

The room was small, as was the bathroom, and there were lots of little lights (tv, aircon, etc.) which interupted the darkness that riads are so good for. Bed was soft (not in a good way) WiFi was temperamental, and getting anything organised took time. Breakfast and the lunch we had before leaving were a bit 'meh', and the hammam they sold us on was underwhelming.

The centre of the riad is nice and ornate and peaceful. The shower came out of the ceiling, which was a nice touch.

Excellent and super affordable

The hotel staffs were fantastic, accommodating and helpful with all our requests during our stay. I will stay here again and recommend to others traveling to Marrakech.

The Hotel is in Medina.
    • Double or Twin Room

They haven't got any opportunity of Parkservice and they are not so helpful. The Family live in this Riad downstairs and if you have a room downstairs, like we had, you must be ready to hear their laut conversations. I'll not advice to use Hamman there, it costs too much for that, it was cold and not comfortable. Breakfast was frugal, you schould be ready to take cold Cafee and a drop from orange juice. Water in the Bathroom flow down very slow, you schould always make pause during schower.

The Hotel is in Medina.

Nice traditional furbished rooms,great breakfast and a fun...

We stateyed in 2 different rooms. Do not recomand the ones in the first floor,there is noise at night and in the morning.

Nice traditional furbished rooms,great breakfast and a fun cat to play with

Loved our stay. We would definitely return

Wifi wasn't the best but it worked perfectly in the bathroom and balcony.

Everything was perfect. My mother in law is scared stiff of cats and from day one the whole staff was constantly looking out to make sure their two pet cats were as far away from us as possible. The rooms are spacious and the double bed is huge. The riad is really nice and beautifully decorated. During our stay my sandals came unstuck due to all the walking around and Simon and Naima made sure they were fixed that same day while we were sightseeing. We had dinner at the riad every night. the food was simple but delicious. Breakfast is served on the terrace and the service is excellent. Hotel location is very good.

Amazing staff, great location!
    • Superior Suite

The staff was extremely friend and accommodate all our requests. We arrived late at night and they had the dinner ready for us. Different from other riads, they were not pushing us to buy tours or to get the most expensive taxi. Good location by taxi or walking - I didn't know how important it was before going to Marrakesh.

Beautiful and friendly

Room floor need more clean

Beautiful hotel, very clean and comfortable bed. Close to the market and shops, but still quiet in the hotel. Staff are very helpful, will tell you where to go and how to go. It's was the best hotel in this trip for me.

This is a magic oasis, from wich you do not want leave.

The road is in the medina. It's difficult to find. I would like a detailed map with the rout, where the turns & landmarks will be indicated.

Very responsive staff, stunning interiors. I really enjoyed the location and the fantastic riad itself. If you want to be in the fairy tale "A Thousand and One Nights", then you come here.

We had a great time in this excellent riad which is very...
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a great time in this excellent riad which is very close to all main attractions. The staff is incredibly welcoming and made us feel at home, giving us many suggestions about getting around, dining and shopping. We particularly enjoyed the delicious breakfast on the rooftop, the hammam and the massage that we strongly suggest you to try.

Simo and Ayoub are very kind and helpful.
    • Superior Suite

Given the room rate breakfast should be included - the breakfast is fine but not worth 50dH. For 1dH you can get fresh bread from people selling it on the street. Wasnt told there would be a 3.5% fee for paying with credit card, if I was told in advance I would have taken out cash. It was hard to communicate with Naima, she seemed nice but didn't give me good information: i.e. She told me a taxi to jardin majorelle would be 100-120dH but the price you should agree on with taxi drivers is 20dH. I also tried to ask her for advice on the cheapest way to Essaouria, asking how to get the public bus and she told me the cheapest would be 300dH via shared transport she could arrange. However the public bus is only 80dh.... I also asked her how much I should expect to pay for 1.5L water from shops in the medina and she told me 20dH but I later realized a good price is 5 or 6dH.... not sure if all this was a miscommunication or if she wasn't interested in being genuine and helpful...

Simo and Ayoub are very kind and helpful. Rooms are very big with spacious bathrooms! Roof deck is nice. There's a small pool up on the roof but wasn't in service while I was there. Location is 5 min from big square, in the middle of the Medina.

If you want to experience real Medina with all it's authenticity, it is the right place for you :)

Beautiful interier with nice and calm terrace. It is very authentic place in the heart of Marrakech. Staff was very kind and nice, ready to help. We appreciate a lot a will to move services forward and curiousity about guest's feedback.

Fantastic riad!!

Nothing! However, the riad is inside the medina, near the souk, so arriving can be a very stressful experience. In any case, we found the east area of the medina much better than the west one. Hope can help :)

Everything was amazing! Nice and very big room with huge bed, with a clean and comfortable bathroom. The staff was very kind and friendly. Very good breakfast on a lovely terrace with also a pool. Absolutely recommended!!!

Perfect location, wonderful staff and stunning riad!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was the first time to Marocco for my boyfriend and I and the staff was really welcoming and helpful in giving us all the tips needed to make the best out of our stay in Marrakech! The riad is truly beautiful and the pool on the rooftop is a true blessing after a whole day out in the sun!

We stayed 9 nights. Mainly positive experience.

Although they claim that fees can be settled by credit card, staff still insisted for me to pay taxi by cash. If you come with stroller couse you have baby, the road is not ideal as baby shakes too much. Hammam experience was very nice, however, a bit awkward that the same lady who made you breakfast will be doing spa procedures. Food and taxi prices are more expensive than anywhere else. It was obvious that staff was more attentive towards my husband's needs rather than me....but maybe it's just cultural stuff. Although our room was being cleared quite often, towels were hardly replaced...same with toiletries.

The interior of the riad is really impressive. Overall value for money is good. We appreciated staff keeping an eye on our baby during meals so that we could enjoy food in peace. Location is very central so it's great. Food was really delicious. Size of bed is really comfortable.

Excellent stay with my partner!
    • Superior Suite

Omelette should be included in the breakfast price.

Fresh Yoghurt at breakfast was just dreamy! Location was excellent, very close to djema el fenaa square. Staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. Definitely a very nice place to stay.

Excellent all round and great value for money

Only stayed a couple nights when we arrived from late into Marrakech. Samir especially as well as other staff who were all absolutely lovely, well spoken, polite, helpful and very approachable. The room was clean, large and spacious with a lovely bathroom and shower. The bed standard double bed was enormous! 😀 Breakfast was standard for what you pay for, but does you well to start the day nonetheless. Internet worked fine in our room and around the riad. Location is fantastic with only a few minutes walk from the main square.

Everything was fantastic, the hosts were great and the riad...
    • Superior Suite

Everything was fantastic, the hosts were great and the riad itself was extraordinary. Its only a short distance from the main square and is relatively easy to find.

Boutique Riad

Staff was great. Simon, our host, was very accommodating. The inner courtyard and terrace (though currently under light construction) was beautiful. Couscous, the turtle, and two cats were also a bonus. The mint tea, light snacks and breakfast were amazing as well. We used their airport shuttle service. It was a fair price and beats having to find your own taxi in the main square. They also offer reasonably priced excursions. We had just finished a road trip around Morocco, but otherwise would be interested. The Riad is located on an easy-to-find street called Ben Saleh. I'd say it's about a 10-15 min walk to the main square. But the Souks are much closer if you're looking to bargain with some locals. We would definitely stay again.

Hospitality and convenience guaranteed
    • Superior Suite

This is an amazing Riad. Simo and his staff were welcoming and so hospitable! They made our stay so easy and were helpful in making sure whatever we needed was taken care of. The facilities at the Riad are amazing, and it is well located in the city. This Riad would be my first choice to stay at again when I'm back in Marrakech!

Very beatiful Riad
    • Superior Suite

1. The interior design is like an arabian fairy tale came true 2. Welcome mint tea with cookies, very refreshing and minty 3. Huge bed, bed lining is very soft and new, mattress and pillows are very comfortable 4. Breakfast is served on a rooftop terrasse, which is very enjoyable, all the plates are very beautiful traditional moroccan design 5. i had a suite with bathtub, bathroom has a natural light, made me feel like a princess 6. Employees are very nice and welcoming, Simo the manager of the riad is a young man, speaks perfect english, was very nice to talk to and he helped me to organize a trip before my arrival. Thank you again 7. Marrakech was almost 40 degrees outside, very hot, but inside the Riad was always fresh

Excellent stay and awesome staff

The upper part of the stained glass windows in the bathroom area of the lower rooms are transparent. Hence privacy may be a problem.

I cannot but emphasize the excellent service that was provided during our stay here. Simo the manager was beyond helpful. He was capable of organizing anything. He gave us excellent recommendations, booked our tours and even bought the train tickets which we only paid on checkout. The Riad itself is only a 5 minute walk from the Djma El Fnaa, which is the center point for anything in Marrakech. There are many small stores nearby for water and other knick knacks. The rooms are spacious and clean. The rooftop area is a great place to enjoy breakfast. When I recommended eggs for breakfast, it was provided. The food is excellent. The tagine here tasted better than any I had anywhere else though slightly pricier than in the main square. In the later part of the day the small streets can get very crowded and hence it may be difficult for a taxi to come in all the way, so on check it we had to walk a little though Simo came to help us from the drip off point. When we left, it was early, so the taxi arrived to the Riad itself. Overall, an excellent stay and great value for money. The staff are simply awesome, second to none. Thanks a lot for a great experience.

Relaxing stay and helpful staff but question your bill
    • Superior Suite

The breakfast consists only of bread but this is Moroccan style. A fight that broke out at the property with a previous begrudged manager turning up and scuffling with the current owner, which caused some alarm. We were billed in Dirham (local currency) and our final bill shows that we have been charged tax too many times and the exchange rate at which we were billed is more than the actual rate between EUR and MAD.

Simmo and the staff were very helpful and gave us good advice about Morocco in general. The bedroom was very comfortable and well-designed, and the bathroom even better. We had a very relaxing stay.

This place is like an oasis in the busy Medina. I would definitely recommend it!

The hygiene could have been a bit better. There was a bit of blood on the sheets probably from a wound on the finger of the cleaning lady I would guess.

The staff is very kind and helpful. They really want to make you feel at home. Further, when we came in, we were being hassled by someone on the street and the lady from the riad stood up for us, which was much appreciated. They also have a cute pet turtle, named Couscous, who was fun to watch walking around. Airconditioning in the room was also a plus!

Very nice Riad to stay
    • Superior Suite

When we are there, there was a construction work for swimming pool going on, which made a little bit noise in the afternoon when we just arrived.

super big and comfortable bed. Breakfast was very nice. staffs are helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Fantastic boutique riad with 5 star service

We loved the enormous bed and crisp white bed linen, the authentic Moroccan riad decor with lovely rugs, tiles, fountains and furniture. The staff we met were incredibly welcoming, hardworking and nothing was too much trouble for them. Simo was so patient in helping us to book a tour to the desert, calling up the travel company with all of our questions. We didn't make use of the spa but it looked gorgeous. Breakfast on the roof was plentiful, delicious and varied and they even made us Breakfast early on the day of our trip. When we returned from our trip to the desert, they had arranged for our baggage to be sent to the next Riad we were staying in. The airport pick up was a really great idea as Marrakesh isn't easy to navigate until you get your bearings.

Best location and hotel to stay in Marrakech

I highly recommend this hotel to travellers! Big clean comfortable, beautifully decorated room. Location in center of center. Gentlemen in reception, Simo is so helpful and kind with guests. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

A beautiful riad with excellent and helpful staff!

Simo and the staff were so friendly and did everything they could to make sure we we're comfortable and happy. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay went perfectly and even upgraded us when rooms were available. The riad has two cute cats, is kept in very clean condition and has spacious beautifully designed rooms. We'll definitely be coming back here again.

Wonderful stay

Our stay at Riad El Wiam was wonderful. Simo is a great host, who made us feel at home and the breakfast was great! We would definitely recommend this place for a stay in Marrakech!

The BEST Place We've Stayed In 6 Months Of Traveling

Nothing. Wish we could have stayed longer. If this place is available, book it.

Even before we arrived we could see that the staff cared about us, by offering airport pick up and a warm meal after a long day of travel. Simo came to meet us at the drop off location and walked us to the Riad. We were greeted with a warm welcome, and compassion for our long journey to arrive in Morocco. Even though we declined a meal in advance, Simo brought fresh juices and a few pastries anyway. This is the most beautiful place we've stayed in our 6 months traveling. The room was large and the bed is extra large! The details in each room are extraordinarily beautiful. Every inch of the Riad has that Moroccan charm you see on Pinterest. We had a Very comfortable sleep. Room is cool with the AC. Everything was clean and uncluttered. Breakfast was lovely with coffee tea and juice, pastries, and fresh bread with all the fixings. The rooftop terrace where breakfast is served is a sunny, private space with excellent service. Simo and Naima are absolute gems. They care so much about your experience. They went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and memorable. They gave great advice as well about Marrakech, maps, market etiquette, and helped us organize a day trip. They even offered to arrange for our next Riad to come pick us up for a smoother transition. This Riad truly left a lasting impression of kindness and Moroccan hospitality that we will never forget. We can't wait to come back.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good breakfast, wide and comfortable room, huge bed and very...

Very noisy. Walls are too thin so you are able to hear everything from the other room or from the down floor.

Good breakfast, wide and comfortable room, huge bed and very nice stuff. Located very close to the main square.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Good value, location and friendly staff

Hot tub pictured is not working, parking is not really available. I ended up paying an extra 20$ in total to park. I tried to coordinate parking beforehand but they told me to call when I was close. Then they didn't answer the phone when I called with my car stuck in the medina wondering where to park.

Good value, location and friendly staff. Breakfast is mostly bread (Moroccan), but better than most.

Browse Riad El Wiam traveller photo gallery