Reviews of Riad Hala

#123 of 187 hotels in Fès

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good Riad! recommend.
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

Abdelhalim was very kind, gave us tips and helped us to find places! The riad is good and verg beautifull architecture. In the eye of the medina.. Parking space is nearby and cost 20 dh a night (dont fool for 30 dh).

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

DO NOT BOOK-THEY ARE A SCAM
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

DO NOT BOOK A ROOM IN THIS PLACE. They are a scam and will try to cheat you by giving you a room in a Dar Ahl Tadla instead of Riad Hala which cost half the money and not close to the blue gate. Their excuse is they are part of the same riad and they have our booking. They are complete liars. Upon confronting the guy he was extremely rude and told us to get out. We've been Morocco few times before and this has to be the worst experience we've ever had. But we didn't let this effect us so we said no problem. Then we left and asked a local to take us to Riad Hala and paid him 10DH. Upon arrival at Riad Hala the guy's there didn't had a strange face and we're probably wondering what they are doing here. But we acted normal as if nothing had happened. 1 hour 30mins of our time was wasted and we got Macdonalds on the way which was cold by the time we ate. Anyway we managed to get the room without any issues but however the room wasn't clean as it felt very dusty and the bed sheets didn't feel clean and couldn't sleep well the first night. The bathroom had a funny damp smell. The aircon wasn't working and they gave us a fan which was broken. The toilet flush was broken and cockroaches in the bathroom. The breakfast was very basic. When asked the lady for an omelette she made a very grumpy face and wasn't friendly at all. I asked her to get us another omelette to which she ignored us. I've stayed in previous riad where hospitality was very homely but didn't feel that here. If you do decide to book this place don't arrange a taxi with the riad as they will take you to the wrong riad. Just book your own taxi upon arrival or prior and make sure they drop you to the blue gate which is about 4-5 mins walk to your riad.

One of the main reason we booked because it is centrally located which was good. The view from roof top is very nice.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The young man who is in charge.

The Raid needs TLC, the decoration is beautiful but has seen better days. Not all faucets worked in our bathroom. Our friend's room had no air conditioner nor window. The wifi is terrible, but this is a common denominator in Morroco. We were not able to use our credit cards, even though we booked through booking and they had our credit card number. This was upsetting. To expensive, for what you are offered.

The young man who is in charge. He was helpful, even had a dinner prepared for us and he served in the terrace. For all the cons of the Raid he made up with his willingness to help.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Even though some thing unhappy happened on our way to the...
    • Nejarine Twin Room

not so easy to find the hotel

Even though some thing unhappy happened on our way to the hotel, but I still would like to recommend this hotel to others. It has a very good terrace from where you could enjoy the night view of Fes Mdina

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

I do not expect the Riad to be so beautiful, clean, well...

I like it all

I do not expect the Riad to be so beautiful, clean, well placed in the heart of Medina Fez. The very friendly staff, the professionals, helped me even with the airport shuttle. The breakfast was very rich and diversified. Note 10 from me ;) I m so sorry because I just stayed one night. When I ll return Riad Hala is the place when I ll stay always in Fez

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

You get what you pay for
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

When I arrived they gave me twin room instead of double what I booked. I was told that in the room what I booked since yesterday reconstruction work bcoz ceiling was broken, which I guess wasn’t true bcoz it seems like reconstruction goes already for long time. I booked a guide for walking tour for 7 am through reception and the guide didn’t come I was told to wait , but at 7.40 he was still not there so left without him for just a walk, so I don’t really know if he was booked or not. And let alone I was afraid something through reception for desert tour bcoz I didn’t trust if he will do it or not.

Nice decoration, good view from roof top , working AC.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Magnificent Riad in the heart of Fes
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

Bathroom is not modern enough, though everything is clean!

You won’t be lost! It is easy to find the Riad in the Médina. It is close to the gate and road with a parking. Staff is super nice and attentive! Rooms and patio creates very romantic and magic atmosphere. Roof sunsets are amazing. Though outside streets are quite loud, it is absolutely calm in the riad.

Excrllent location and good quality!
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Bathroom was bad, with the pipe out of order and some bad smell.

Great stuff, good brekfast, excellent location for exploring the medina. Close to the Blue gate (for taxi, etc). Nice terrace.

• Bab Boujloud Double Room

Basically we book with the owner a transfer from the train station to the riad and when we arrived anyone was expecting us. We get a taxi and were robbed.

Bed bugs stay away! Worst customer service.
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

Took us to RiadNoujoum with no explanation. Room infested with bed bugs. Receptionist Mohammed is sly and lies. They refused to give us a refund after not sleeping all night with multiple bites. He said that there was no comments on websites and didn't seem to care. Awful experience. Stay away

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The location of the riad is perfect!
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

The location of the riad is perfect! Very easy to find, close to the main door of the Medina. Riad Hala is the quiet place you look for after walking around fes during the day. They have just an amazing rooftoop with the most beautiful view of the city! Breakfast was Very good, in a morocco style, different every day. About the staff, everyone is friendly and helpfull, specially Abderahim that gave us lots of good advices for dinner, How to visit the city, where to go, everything we needed... We recommend Riad Hala to everyone that aprecciate simple but genuine places!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The guy at the reception (Abdelhanim) was really helpfull.
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

There is no signal outdoor indicating the Riad. It was difficult to find the Riad. The only thing they need to improve.

The guy at the reception (Abdelhanim) was really helpfull. The Riad is quite good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Adventure trip
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

The Riad is located in the center of the Medina. Inside, a traditional Moroccon style, and with a lot of decorations. We loved it! :) It is very clean, sheats and towels are changed every day. Fatima make sure about that and for the tastefull traditional brekfast! Abdul was very helpfull. He arranged taxi from the airport to the Riad. Also he was offering mint tea any time of the day. He give us advices so we can easily find landmarks trough the city. Great experience and we highly recomend it!

Exceptional hospitality
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

I had a big room and I think the AC couldn't cover it. So it was a little bit warm.

Stayed for 2 days. The host was very helpful. I'm a solo female traveler so his tips and assistance were really really valuable. He personally took me to the hammam. He even gave me his number because I told him I'm afraid i'd get lost. He said I can call him and he'll pick me up if I got lost ( I didn't get lost though). He gave practical advise and lends me his map. He was gracious too. When the internet wasn't working he told me to keep his phone in my room so I could use the hotspot. I left very early in the morning and he was so kind to pack the breakfast for me to eat on the way. I was surprised that he even have someone to help me and take me to where the taxis where. Thank you so much Abdel...

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good but can be improved
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Riad is nice but old and not very well maintained; cleaning can be improved too.

Very convenient position to explore Fes, just 5min walking from the blue gate and with very good restaurants nearby. Staff is polite and kind, we were upgraded to the room in the court, which is big and has AC (although it does not keep it from being humid), with a very comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Nice terrace with panoramic view.

The best value for money!
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Hard to find on your own but the worker at Riad will collect you once you arrive at the beginning of the Médina. From that first initial point you will be fine

The cost was very cheap, we had half a floor to ourselves that included a lounge area a large bedroom including bathroom. We were welcomed by Abdulrahim. He made us tea and made us feel very welcome. The roof terrace is a spectacular sight. I frequently book 5star hotels around the world but this was by far the best value for money. It is not 5 star and not the newest of the riads, you can see it is a little old but it has a very old world feel too it, situated right in the Médina so it just feels right being in a traditional accomodation such as this gem. Close to all shops, blue gate, cafe smile etc

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

3 Nights in Fes
    • Bouanania Suite

Stuffy bathroom and air conditioning wasn‘t working well

Very helpful stuff. The receptionist helped us finding some special souks and organized train tickets for us. Furthermore, he upgraded our room at the arrival to increase our comfort. Delicious breakfast.

Centrally located in an alley off the main street inside of...
    • Bouanania Suite

Centrally located in an alley off the main street inside of the medina and close to the main gate. Quiet. Two terraces with superb views of Fez. Helpful staff. Mint tea served any time of the day. Will definitely book again if ever back in Fez.:)

There was no "Wow" here.
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

The riad was very difficult to find, down a small, unmarked, dark alley in the middle of a market. The bathroom was not in good shape. When we checked out, at 7.00am, the hotel insisted we pay for our room in cash, with no advance warning.

The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The location is perfect.
    • Hala Suite

The staff was nice but they were alway trying to sell you something (as everyone in the Médina)

The location is perfect. Exactly in the middle of the Médina. Just a little hard to find because there isn’t any sign

Very friendly staff!

We loved our stay!

Very friendly staff! We were greeted warmly when we arrived, and instantly felt relaxed. Our room was beautiful, and the shared area of the Riad was air conditioned and classy. The shower had really good pressure and temperature. A good location, easy to explore the Médina right from the door of the Raid.

Good location, decent stay
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

Some of the furniture seems outdated and the bathroom seems a bit old, which makes it appear untidy. The guide that we booked via the reception was awful. I have never had such a bad experience with guides. He was just telling us general things about the city and tried to push us to random overpriced vendors that he knew. The guided tour was a waste of time and money. I do not necessarily blame the hotel staff for this as I do not know if the staff always brings this person, but I just wanted to share my experience.

The location was very good, the concept of the Riad is very interesting and beautiful. The terrace is amazing, we really enjoyed the view. Breakfast was decent. The staff was receptive and helpful each time we needed something.

Close to center, staff was helpful, ok accommodation overall
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

The AC was broken and it was extremely hot in our room. The ceiling is low and the doors are extremely short, tall people watch out! Very bad sound insulation, we could hear people from the upper floor walking and talking.

Close to center, staff was helpful, ok accommodation overall

It is much better than I thought.
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

The riad is in a small alley of a local market. It takes some time to find because the sign does not on the main road of the market.

It is much better than I thought. The room ceiling is high and the room is cool and big. I lived in the first floor and the wifi signal is strong and fast. Hot water comes fast. The receptionist speaks good English and he is a very kind person. He helps a lot.

The room itself was beautifully decorated and very spacious.
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

The bathrooms are in need of an upgrade. There was a crack in the bathtub and dirty water would flow up through it. The quality of the bathroom simply did not match the quality of the room and the place as a whole.

The room itself was beautifully decorated and very spacious. The rooftop terrace was amazing as well. Ziko was very friendly and accommodating. He showed us a great inexpensive restaurant for dinner right near by that was delicious!

Really great location, and lovely staff that would go out of...
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

Really great location, and lovely staff that would go out of there way to help you with arranging transportation etc! Would really recommend this place when travelling to fez

I liked the bed and the room itself was okay.
    • Bab Chorfa Triple Room

I hated the bathroom. It was really old, dusty and dirty. I did not like to shower there at all.

I liked the bed and the room itself was okay. We booked a room for three persons which was pretty big. The breakfast was good.

Nice place, nice people, excellent value.
    • Nejarine Twin Room

The website indicated that payment for the stay could be made by card. This was not the case as this facility was not available. Payment was by cash.

The staff and location

Very friendly and helpful staff!
    • Bab Chorfa Triple Room

Unfortunately the washroom tgt with the bathtub did upset us. We stayed here for four nights and none of the nights were with enough hot water, and the water pressure was quite weak too. What’s more the bath tub was not draining properly- the flowing of water was tooooo slow and so your feet would soak in the water with hair and insects surrounding during the shower which is quite disgusting and at the same time you hv just very weak water. But to be fair, except for the bathroom problem which I suppose is due to the age of the riad, everything is perfect.

The staff especially Ziko is very considerate and helpful. He would keep asking what were the things I need upon arrival so that he can prepare beforehand which made me feel so welcomed. The location is also perfect- it’s exactly in the medina and the riad is really beautiful!

Location, location, location!
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

The room we got had super small door to the bathroom that is funny in a way however means hitting your head from time to time if you are over 170cm.

The best location in Fez meaning hard to get lost when you live on a main street. Friendly staff.

Perfect location, nice setting, needs to be cleaner
    • Hala Suite

Room and especially bathroom should have been cleaned much better Rather noisy within building

Nice traditional setting Good breakfast Excellent location

The Riad Hala has an excellent location, very helpful staff,...
    • Bab Chorfa Triple Room

The Riad Hala has an excellent location, very helpful staff, tasteful decoration, clean environment, delicious breakfast. We recommand it to everybody.

Would visit again if we return to Fes
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

Bathroom seemed to be an add on, with the workmanship not standing up to close scrutiny. That probably made it look less clean than it was. Would have preferred a shower compartment than one in a slippery tub.

Couldn't speak highly enough of the staff, unless of course they had better maps and tourist info available. Location was excellent and easy to find once you got there the first time. No problem with hot water. Breakfast was ample but a bit of variety wouldn't hurt (we were there three days). The ladies serving and cleaning were stars and saved us going looking for a laundry, God bless 'em.

Very friendly staff who upgraded our rooms to a family suite...

Very friendly staff who upgraded our rooms to a family suite that was beautifully furnished and with an amazing ceiling. excellent location with superb views over Fez from the roof terrace. Impressive lobby and delicious breakfast (even if a bit slow on our early departure date!)

Traditional Riad
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Unfortunately we had a room with a low ceiling and we are both very tall but the staff offered us another room.

The Riad located on the food souk is traditional beautiful and has a terrace which offers a great overview over the city. The facilities aren't new, keep this in mind. Every morning fresh breakfast was served.

Room was spacious and the Riad has a nice terrace.
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

I had booked this Hotel for day 1 and day 3 of our trip, day 2 we spent in Chefchaouen. The property messaged me the previous night asking me to cancel the reservation for day 1 without any reason. They just said the room I have booked is not available anymore. I tried to contact the hotel via email and messages but they did not respond properly. Luckily I checked the messages before I left to Morocco. Later I checked the reviews on Tripadvisor and read many people has faced similar situation as they usually overbook the rooms and ask the guests to cancel the room last minute. Or some people who could not check their messages in time turn up at the hotel to find out they dont have a room!! I could not cancel the reservation as I was past my free cancellation period. I had to call the booking.com customer service, they called the property and verified they had overbooked the room and they don't have a room for us. Then booking.com cancelled the room for me as i could not cancel without a charge. The property did not even have the courtesy to apologize for their mistake! I wanted to cancel the reservation for day 3 as well but the property would not let me do it. So they can cancel on us anytime but we can't!

Room was spacious and the Riad has a nice terrace. Location is good as it is on a main street and near to parking area where you can get taxis.

Nice Riad in the middle of the medina!
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

The bathroom wasn’t very clean, it needed refurbishing and the shower only had piping hot water and it wasn’t impossible to take a shower. The flow of water was insufficient. The carpets were filthy. Breakfast was ok but it wasn’t varied.

We loved the traditional furniture and bed and the mint tea at arrival. The position is perfect!

Clean room, great location
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

The room was very clean, equipped with electric heater. Whole Riad was designed in traditional Morrocan way. But what I liked the most was the location of the Riad (inside of the old Medina very close to the historical monuments of Fez)

I stay at the ground floor, the room was perfect with jacuzzi bath room. Open door, it is a garden.
    • Nejarine Twin Room

The location is great and convenient, but because of the hotel is located at the old area, you have to walk a bit with your luggage, no transportation can arrive at the hotel.

I would stay longer if I would have more time...perfect location!

hard matrasses; the price was not same as confirmed in Booking.com - they added a 10% "tax" - it is not fair, becosue I choose the accomodation also on the basis of the price.

Nice decoratins, historical building, excellent roof terrace, with nperfect view

Fine Riad
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

It's closely from Bab Boujloud - 200 metres and we find it themselves. Breakfast was fine - fried eggs, jam, harcha and certainly olives. The Riad have a roof terrasse with a beautiful view at the medina. Wi-Fi is perfect. In our room is the highest ceilings about 5 metres.

We stayed at the suite that comprises two bedrooms, which...
    • Bouanania Suite

In winter time nights are cold in Fès, we had an issue as the heating device was failing in our children's bedroom. We had to wait for 3 nights before a spare portable heater was brought to us.

We stayed at the suite that comprises two bedrooms, which was really convenient for a family of four, although we had to climb up to the last floor, but from the terrace we could enjoy a fabulous view over the medina. The most enjoyable was to have the manager of the Riad, named Zak, a very friendly guy who was at our side anytime we needed him or even to share some time at the restaurant or doing shopping.

Beautiful room, superb staff (the gentleman at the front...

Not a thing!

Beautiful room, superb staff (the gentleman at the front desk went above and beyond for us on several occasions). This Riad is located inside the walls of the blue gate in Fez (picture below).

The room was beautiful and spacious and the terrace had...
    • Bouanania Suite

One of our rooms did not have heating so we ended up sleeping badly, on the sofa. We essentially only used half our space the whole time as the rest of the suite was too cold to be in. There was no hot water in the evening either. It was exceptionally cold in Fez during our stay, if you visit in warmer months none of this would be an issue but we left disappointed.

The room was beautiful and spacious and the terrace had spectacular views. It is very central to the Médina and close to secure, cheap parking. The staff were kind.

Well-mantained impressively designed Riad to make your stay comfortable. Awesome personel!
    • Bab Chorfa Triple Room

The bathrooms are not as clean as you might expect comparing to european standards.

Wonderfull kind and engaged staff, that was eager to help. Gave an extra map to be oriented within the Old Medina. You could storage safely your laguagge. The room was very spacious that gives you homely feeling. Lot of place to sit in the room. The room was warm enough in the winter. Warm sheets as well as extremely warm blankets and extra towels were provided. Pretty dark bathroom, what was nice it had lot of shelves to put your cosmetics on.Beautiful wide angled 360degrees panorama form the rooftop terrace over the Old Medina. The ladies working there very lovely.

The owner was trying to persuade you to go for dinner only...
    • Bab Chorfa Triple Room

The owner was trying to persuade you to go for dinner only to a place that he recommended. The room on the ground floor was really cold and the air conditioning for the 2 days that we stayed was not working even that we insisted on checking it. There was no hot water on the shower. Do not choose the tour guide I am sure that you can find better options if you search.

Perfect
    • Bab Chorfa Triple Room

It would be a little more warm...

The location was perfect, the atmosphere of Riad Hala incredible, the personal very good and helpful, the breakfast was great.

We enjoyed staying here.
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

The WiFi was not so good at our room. Very weak signal. The mattresses are very hard to sleep on.

The staff was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was also very good.

Uncomfortable beds, disheartening staff.

We did not feel welcomed compared to our other experiences in Morocco. Some of the staff were great, and very helpful, while others were rude and disrespectful. When we arrived in was lunch time, and our rooms were not ready. The staff suggested we grab lunch and when we returned they would have all our bags in our room. They called a man to come take us to lunch and bring us back to the Riad. After walking 10 minutes through the Medina with our five children, we entered a restaurant. As we sat to look at the menu's we were appalled at the prices of 27 to 40 euro per person!!! We were very upset and felt a scam happening. When we got up to leave, the server tried to negotiate the menu with us. Needless to say, we left and had a wonderful lunch that cost 30 euro for our family of seven without the assistance of the man guiding us from the hotel. He was persistent in trying to follow us, but left when we said loudly in the street that we did not trust him. The facilities appeared to be managed by a couple of very young guys. Again, a mix of good and bad between them, when it came to their interest in assisting their guests. For example, the hotel was advertised as non-smoking, yet one of the guys sat behind the front desk smoking, talking on the phone, and scrolling through social media whenever he was there. We also felt it was odd that they had their computers working and WiFi access, yet persistently said the credit card machines were down and would only take cash payment.

The location was good and the rooms were large.

Very good location, good value for money but improvements are possible
    • Hala Suite

All in all, the Riad might require a better organization. The airport shuttle was not informed about our arrival, even though the pickup has been confirmed before by email. After arrival at the airport, we had to wait more then 1,5 hours to get this situation solved. On arrival at the Riad, we could not use the room reserved originally. After the first night, we had to clean up the room and change to the room reserved originally. No explanation why this has happened. We even observed other guests that had to walk to another accomodation after arrival because their booked room was not available (and the riad overbooked). Worst thing was that we could not pay with my VISA card as indicated in the room reservation and also in the hotel description of booking.com. This caused an additional withdrawal of Dirhams at a nearby cache machine which is rather expensive with my credit card.

The location of the Riad is very good if you like to stay in the Medina. We really appreciated the very central location amongst all the small shops. We had a rich breakfast every morning and there even has been some variation from day to day. All staff has been very friendly and helpful, even if there could be some improvement in the overall organisation (see negative points). The best thing of the Riad is the terace from where it is possible to overloook most of the Medina. It is even possible to have a glimpse on parts of the Bab Boujeloud. WLAN was included in the hotel fee but it was not working well in our room (2nd floor). The most reliable reception has been in the breakfast room so that we spent some time there in the evening. While staying there, we have often been offered free mint tea, thank you very much for that!

Would stay again!
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

Great, big spacious room. Lovely decor and amazing staff! Super kind, offered us mint tea, helped us with lunch when we were in a rush to go to the airport. Amazing price as well... would definitely recommend staying here :) P.S. I'm not too sure if the prices are more expensive during the summer however, I travelled during off-season.

Spacious room, nicely decorated, comfortable bed, friendly...
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Bathroom in our room was a bit small, but it’s ok. It was contained a bathtub, so we could get warm on it. Because our visit fell in December, it was cold and a/c wasn’t working well.

Spacious room, nicely decorated, comfortable bed, friendly and helpful staff. There is a lovely terrace.

Beautiful

The pillows were a bit hard and the shower can be improved but still a great place to stay.

The Riad looks so nice and the breakfast is great. Location is very good and not noisy.

Good for short stay
    • Bouanania Suite

Parking was not that far but to be prepared if u have big luggages.. should have more signs to give directions.. once u find it's quite easy

Great breakfast.. Great staff.. The view from the teracce.. The location in the Medina was great.. But not from carpark..

Traditional riad well positioned in Fez medina
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Breakfast starts only at 8:30 am. Room no. 7 has a very low ceiling. If you are above 1.60 meters height, it might be uncomfortable

Nice architecture Great position Good breakfast Excellent view from the terrace

Fez and Riad Hala, a great match !
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

excellent location. heaven of peace and rest in medina. lovely and friendly staff. beautiful architecture being a traditional riad. To be recommended to travellers looking for balance between the crowded medina and a calm and safe overstay environment

Dirty riad.
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

Dirty riad. The toilet was not even cleaned after previous client. The receptionist "forget" to bring my change after paying for road. They charge in first day, when you enter.

Wonderful!
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

The building is stunning, and has clearly been carefully restored. The host is young, but very hard-working and helpful. My room was on the first floor was large, with a huge four-poster bed and a bathroom with a bath tub and shower. The floors appear to be original and because the cleaners probably don't use harsh cleaning materials, they might appear to be grubby, they are not! Everything is clean and well-cared for. Smoking is not permitted in the main courtyard, but there is a terrace for smokers, with an amazing view, if you're feeling sufficiently energetic to climb the steps! The 360 view of Fez is worth it though. The breakfast is good and the hosts will provide a guide for you, if you want one. The WiFi also works well. The riad is inside the Medina, so you step out into one of the 9,000 streets that comprise this amazing place. If you have problems with steps, you can book a room on the ground floor, and breakfast is served in the courtyard, also on the ground floor, so no problem if you have mobility issues. This is incredibly good value for money, and highly recommended.

+ beautiful, traditional decorated riad
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

- could be a little bit cheaper (comparing to other riads you can find in Fes - there are plenty of them!) - smell from the bathroom (but only in the morning)

+ beautiful, traditional decorated riad + view from the rooftop - amazing, especially early morning (best we had in Morocco) + Coffee! + delicious, big breakfast + staff helped us to order a taxi which was very helpfull (we were at the airport at 11pm, no bus at that time) and took us from Blue Gate + clean room, big bathroom

An experience to stay in the Medina.
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Fittings in bathroom need fixing as does the air conditioner, sounded like a jackhammer. Had to pay in cash, couldn't use a card.

Breakfast ladies did a great job with breakfast. Great experience to stay in the medina. Staff were helpful and gave good info regarding the Medina.

good in fez
    • Bab Chamss Double Room

difficult to find it for first time no cash payment ,tv does not work , expensive dinner , light could be better as well the bathroom

good breakfast ,larg room ,near to bab bojlod , nice lobby , friendly staff , near to clock coffee

really good stay at Riad Hala
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

stairs are really steep, watch your step the Internet connection is not that good you need electrical sockets adapters, only 2 sockets are European bathroom is a bit smelly

the view from the terrace is amazing and the riad's position is really good, near the blue gate. Breakfast was delicious The riad's interior is beautiful

Great location, informative staff, beautiful rooftop views. Go up for the sunrise!
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Staff were in their own little world at some point. Too a while to check us in but they were very lovely and informative. I really enjoyed the location within the souks but I can see why it some people won't enjoy it. I like being in the midst of the action but some may find it too chaotic. I really appreciate the staff going above and beyond and getting our bus tickets for us.

The best value in Fez
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

The Riad is extremely well located on the Main Street in the Fez Médina. It has a beautiful courtyard for breakfast and a very nice terrace on the roof top with excellent views in all directions. The staff also went out of their way to help at every opportunity, offering many times to take us to local hotspots.

Good location and terrace, could be better...
    • Nejarine Twin Room

Beds were old, lumpy and uncomfortable. Note that 2 of the rooms are on the main floor where guests are checked-in and served breakfast, so it was very loud at times. Riad has just been sold so while staff were helpful, things were a little disorganized and we were told different things by different staff members...

Excellent terrace view, good location, helpful staff.

Best location ever.
    • Hala Suite

Best location ever. Maybe a little bit hard to find in the beginning but once there you're just in the middle of everything and you can easily reach by foot all the attractions. Very nice staff and a terrace with a wonderful view.

Great location!
    • Bab Boujloud Double Room

The riad is located in the medina, 5 min walking from the Blue Gate, and very easy to find. The room was extraordinary! Nice brekky Staff very friendly and helpful. We arrived on my wife's birthday day, and they organize dinner on a fantastic place, with a surprise for her.

Perfect location : close to the blue gate but in the medina,...
    • Bab Ftouh Double Room

Perfect location : close to the blue gate but in the medina, so it is easy to orientate yourself. Staff very helpful and friendly. Because one bigger and better room was free, we got a free upgrade without even asking! So they really Do everything to make u feel comfortable! Recommend : german speaking guide Hashim Cohen

A very enjoyable experience
    • Hala Suite

Great location in the middle of the Medina. We wanted a more traditional accommodation style (not "could be anywhere" hotel) and our expectations were met. We were well looked after by Abdul who assisted with excursions out of Fes and finding things. Close to good eating places, especially a little place called Assala (which actually had wine and cold beer). Don't expect to easily find bars and licensed places to eat in Morocco, especially if you want to have a local experience of food and culture...and why go there if you don't.

Must stay.

Absolutely nothing.

Abdul was absolutely AMAZING. The place itself was great, but Abdul made it a perfect stay in Fes. He was over the top with accommodating our needs and spending the time to suggest where to go and what to do as well as hiring us a taxi, guide, and any other things we may have needed. It was the groups first time to Morocco, two women over 50 and the other three in their 20's, and everyone loved their time there.

Beautiful Riad, Horrific Service
    • Bab Chorfa Triple Room

The room, while listed for three people, only had one bed, and a narrow couch that barely could count as a day bed. Luckily, my friend who was sleeping on it was just fine with it (it was hard, which was nice for her back). Had it been me or our other friend, we would have been miserable. So fair warning when you book, make sure everyone has a traditional bed if that's what you need. I also didn't find the bathroom to be in the best of shape. It could use with a renovation. I also found a cockroach my first night after getting out of the shower, which was a little alarming BUT given that we were inside of the Medina, and none of the riads really looked like newly built places, I wasn't extremely surprised. The biggest issue I had was with the owner/host/reception. He was extremely nice and hospitable upon our arrival. He picked us up from the airport (which is recommended, due to safety; but at an exorbitant rate) and was very friendly on the drive. We had asked him ahead of time via email if there were walking tours he could recommend, and he gave us a rate. We weren't thrilled with the rate, and had a friend in our group who REALLY didn't want to spend the money, so when we arrived and he brought it up, we declined. Now, when we were on the train from Casablanca to Fes, a man in our cabin struck up conversation with us, and without going into too much detail, we ended up chatting with him and booking a tour with his friend. Now, we have no idea if we were trolled on that train or not. Its very common in that area, and be warned because it apparently can lead to really crappy tours, or worse.

The mint tea we were served upon arrival and at breakfast was so wonderful and welcoming. The breakfast was also really nice and quite good for a hotel breakfast. The riad itself is stunning inside. The decor and the architecture is beautiful. Our room was nice (one for 3 people) and again, very nicely decorated in the traditional style.

The terrace panoramic view is amazing!
    • Bouanania Suite

On our first day, one of the staff booked a tour guide for us when we explicitly told him that we already booked our own tour guide. He was upset with us and said that we told him otherwise.

The terrace panoramic view is amazing! Worth the climb to our room every time. The property manager was very nice. On our last day he drew a simplified map for our journey from Fes to Marrakech. He wanted to make sure that we did not missed any important sight along the way. Thanks to the map, we covered everything on our road trip.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Abdul, the owner, is awesome!
    • Nejarine Twin Room

Abdul, the owner, is awesome! He took extra good care of us, even going out of his way to go into town to get us bus tickets, and then woke up early and walked us to the bus station. This was an awesome place to stay. I highly recommend it!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Excellent Riad with thoughtful staff
    • Hala Suite

Youssef went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and to ensure that we had a good stay. It is extremely well located, making getting home in a confusing place very easy. It was clean, the staff were attentive and we especially liked the rooftop terrace! I had my birthday while I was there and they even had a very special party for me where they had clearly gone to considerable effort to make it special, with a cake, and beautiful decorations and music. The staff were always keen to answer questions and to give suggestions or advice. We were even able to get Wifi in our room even though it said only in the common areas. riad Hala make our stay in Fes a highlight. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The beautiful example of the true Moroccan experience
    • Hala Suite

The stairs - however this is similar in all of the Riads we stayed in throughout Morocco. Beautiful old buildings like these weren't designed to incorporate a lift. However guest with mobility issues would need to advise in advance that they will require a ground floor room.

The location was fabulous - inside the Medina but close to a gate for easy access to transport and other sites. The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable about the Medina, the city and the history, and were extremely helpful - recommending activities, booking tours and organising transport. The breakfast was very delicious and beautifully presented in the Riad's delightful courtyard. Roof top terrace has a great view over the Medina and was a great place to relax.

Browse Riad Hala traveller photo gallery