Reviews of Riad Hasna Espi

33 Derb My Abdellah Ben Hsain Ksour, Medina, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#563 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

4 stars?

First of all, manager is a mastermind in photography. What you see in pictures makes you imagine sth else. I dont know how it gets 4 stars. If it is the pool it is about 4 sqm. C'mon. It is not a hotel. Reception only works between 09-15. Probably receptionist is the manager. Nice lady. But when she is out it is almost impossible to communicate w/others. First day I came to Marakkesh it took me 1 hour to find the hotel. I called the reception. A lady answered. No english/french. I asked a Moroccan shopkeeper to help me. He told my situation to her. When he hung up he told me that even he could not communicate in mother tongue. Finally I came across the trap-helper. I will mention it at the end. Wifi is weird. Disconnect frequently. TV is weirder. Resets itself. Dont touch the remote. I cannot say it is not hygenic but sheets are too old that makes you feel dirty. Towels were a little wet. Probably newly washed, I hope. And the location. It is a bit hard to find. But I arranged something for you. I am writing this just because of the rude guy who at first looked helpful to show the way and then became an a...h... when he did not like the tip (I did not even asked for help. He just started helping!). You will see a lot of people like this in Marakesh. Just keep in mind it is almost impossible to find the hotel w/GPS. How to find your way to Riad Hasna Espi: Right against the El-Koutubia mosque there is Cafe El Koutubia w/a parking place across the other street. Enter this street (Boluevard Fatima Zahra). Jamee El-Fna direction will be on your behind. Start walking on street about 500m. You will see these in sequence:Money Gram on right, Oppo on left, Pink wall on left, another Oppo left, Auto Ecole Sbai on right. After this there are 3 ways to go. To left, forward and to the right. Take the right and pass the historic BELT. See plombier on right and in about 30 meters silver store on the right. Turn right from another belt near silver store.

Breakfast Terasse

The terrace and the breakfast was amazing.
    • Terrace Suite

The room was in beautiful moroccan style but needs a lot of maintenance. I did not like that the WC was divided from the rest of the bathroom. The internet wi-fi was terrible. The location is not the same as was indicated by booking map. I did not like either the moroccan way of cheating tourists. The price from airport is 10 euro instead of 20. Marrakech is an interesting place to be visited but be careful otherwise you will spend a lot of money if you do not ask before about the price.

The terrace and the breakfast was amazing. The staff was gentile but in reception was only one lady and she worked from 9:00-15:30.

Exceptional customer care and service and exceeded my needs and expectations.

There was nothing to dislike!

Hasna Espi is centrally located to both the Souk area of the Medina and also the squre of Djemaa el-Fna. 3 minutes in either direction. However, despite it being centrally located it is an oasis of calm and tranquility. You cannot hear the cacophony of sounds from the Medina. No task was too great and always executed with a broad sweeping smile. They exceeded my needs and expectations on every occasion.

Clean hotel with good wifi but no English speaking staff or veggie options

1. When we arrived there were no members of staff who spoke English, so they just didn't do a check in and gave us the key to the room. This concerned me slightly as there was no security check. 2. All staff speak French and Arabic but only one member of staff speaks English 3. No vegetarian options for lunch or dinner. Also no drinks served with dinner - not even water. 4. A/C in room was broken. We were given extra blankets 5. Most riads have a member of staff outside for security whereas this riad just lock the door, due to this we were asked to be home for a certain time - even on new years eve. 6. During this trip to Marrakech, my brother and I stayed in three riads. This was the most expensive of the three by quite a lot and unfortunately, for me, the least value for money in terms of service, atmosphere, culture and flexibility. If you are a French / Arabic speaking, meat eating couple looking for a romantic clean, minimal hotel, then this is a good choice, however I would still not personally recommend this hotel to friends, purely comparison based to others we stayed in, which I think were more pleasant and better value for money.

1. Very clean comfortable room with bath 2. Strong wifi throughout the hotel and strong enough to load video and stream music in the room 3. Breakfast was very good and served on the beautiful sunny terrace. 4. Rose petals on the bed and on the dining table - so perfect if you are a couple (a little awkward for me as I was with my younger brother, but funny!) 5. Allowed us to store the bags in a room after check out before our flight

Good stay, great location. Good breakfast

Staff that spoke English were very helpful and friendly. Khadija was excellent and worth her weight in gold! Most staff don't speak english but very friendly except one woman who was the only staff member whenwe arrived in the evening. I found her obstructive, she made rude faces as though I was wasting her time and she did not understand even when i used a phrase book to communicate in arabic. What a useless member of staff!

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Location if you enter from neighboring 4star hotel.

This property runs a regular scam. They claim the credit card machine does not work. most likely because I was told by the manager on the phone that this was not their problem this was my problem and that I needed to go to a bank at 8 PM on a Saturday and draw cash against my credit card. I had 2 rooms and almost $1,000 in owed money. I refused. They then sent a sour faced women to take me next door to the large hotel which processed my card. Rude and acting like I was a criminal. "Manager" on the phone was a scam artist. When the expensive taxi came to collect us the bag porter demanded tips and yelled at us. Another rude goodbye. 5th time to wonderful Marrakech. This is an example of why people may never return.

Location if you enter from neighboring 4star hotel. Brand new front desk staff Yasser tried his best.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

The door was always locked so you ring the bell to be let in.

The door was always locked so you ring the bell to be let in. On the Sunday as we went out we were asked what time we'd be back as they close at 11. We weren't planning on being much later than that anyway but shouldn't be told when we have to be back.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2015

Thanks to Hind,Mounia and Rashid for arranging everything...

Suites and above must have one large double bed instead of two singles clubbed together. WiFi is very weak, poor to no reception from first floor and above,breakfast could improve

Thanks to Hind,Mounia and Rashid for arranging everything from hammam to cab.Great decor and room facilities, only 10 mins walk from the Djemma,good price range. Stay here for the staff price and location

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Staff;

Staff; the location; kitchen available to heat baby food.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

The staff was helpful

The staff was helpful The manager Kaoutar was pleasant, helpful and went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

The secret garden to the restaurant next door

The secret garden to the restaurant next door

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Location. Roof terrace with pool.

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.