Reviews of Riad L'Orchidee

42-43- Sidi Bouamar Riad El Arousse, Medina, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#455 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

Pictureque pool but lot of problems

Really hard to find it. The lady working there is way too much rude. There were no bath tube with a hidromassage, exactly no bath tube at all. The tap was broken. We did not get toilet paper.

The pool is cool. Clean and nice riad.

This riad was a great choice.

The indication form the street to find the riad could have been more clear, we had a little trouble to find the riad the first time we arrived.

This riad was a great choice. The breakfast was really complete and the staff didn't have a problem with us having the breakfast earlier than the time scheduled for it. It is really beautiful too.

It is very relaxing, good value for money.

Unluckily they forgot that we had requested early breakfast and we had to wake them up. Then they told us they had nothing for us and that we hadnt requested it. They could have just admited their mistake. Too bad this happened the last and still haven’t heard an apology.

It is very relaxing, good value for money. The cleaning lady was the best she helped us a lot as well as the girl at the reception.

Nice and cosy riad

Nice and welcoming staff. Gave us many tips about what to do and see in Marakesh. Good breakfast. Big and bright room. Nice furniture in all riad, there is a swimming pool inside. Nice and relaxing music in the sitting area. Comfortable and clean bed. Hot water in the shower. Beautiful terace. If you want to wash your clothes, they can help you. It costs 5 eur.

Disappointing and could have done better

Credit card machine not working so had to call uk and run round town finding cash machines that were working when we should have been relaxing. Constant smell of dragons in bathroom. Although on menu, beer and wine only available after a couple of days of pushing hard. Bedroom lights not good

People were nice but nitro smell from bathroom, half bulbs blown an sightseeing out insight. Although menu, beer ad wine only available Sutter a couple of days of pudding

A relaxing oasis-definitely recommend it
    • Standard Triple Room

There is nothing to be mentioned.

From the very beginning of our trip, the manager warm welcomed us and offered a lot of useful pieces of information about ,,do and don’t,, things about Marrakech. We stayed in a triple, very cozy room. The breakfast was delicious and each employee in the Riad was very polite and eager to make us feel like home. Also, for those ones who would enjoy swimming and listen to a proper chilling musical repertoire in the salon, after a long, chaotic, shopping day in Medina, Riad L’Orchidee is the best place for it. Thank you, Riad L’Orchidee !

A great riad at the edge of the medina, easy to get to by...

A great riad at the edge of the medina, easy to get to by taxi, easy walk to all the sights! Inside the riad was a tranquil respite from the bustle of the medina and nicely furnished rooms.

Staff were very friendly but only two of them could speak...

Wifi didn't work too well when we were there but could have just been a problem on that day. My friend said there was a strange smell from the bathroom (but I couldn't smell it).

Staff were very friendly but only two of them could speak English (the other French). They were very helpful with organising tours and giving recommendations for restaurants. The free daily breakfast was great. Riad had a nice atmosphere. Good value for money. Would come back here!

Very nice riad. Great location. Great staff. Excellent value for money.

Very nice riad. We spent three nights there and got more than expected. Great location – quiet clean neighborough, 2' to parking/petit taxi station at Riad Larousse, short walk to Jemma El Fna and souks, less than 30' walk to Jardin Majorelle, same to a bus station with buses going to Essaouira, 40' to tanneries (although advise to take petit taxi). Possibility to get a massage at riad itself. Excellent dinner. Very good breakfast slightly different each day. Great staff. Many thanks to everyone but especially to Burcin and Mohammed who are true assets to the riad. We highly appreciated how they attended to our needs, going an extra mile even when we didn't expect them to do it. If we ever come back to Marrakech, you'll see again your Croatian guests.

Everything about the riad was of excellent standard.

Everything about the riad was of excellent standard. The staff were so helpful & obliging. The riad is stunning. The room also stunning,beautiful morrocan style decor. The breakfast is yum. Presentation overall excellent. I would stay again & highly recommend to others.

The staff was really, really nice and helpful.

The water in the shower didn‘t go off. A little tricky if the other person wants to take a shower after you.

The staff was really, really nice and helpful. They gave us good tips for activities around marrakesh. I really liked the daily breakfast in the small hotel area... very cozy!

Looking forward for the next time!

The fake guides are always around the neighbourhood but they are everywhere anyway and it’s quite easy to avoid them with a confident attitude, I am often strolling by myself and enjoying it

I stayed in Riad l’Orchidée more than once and this time I wasn’t visiting from a long time, I found myself in a beautifully renovated place, I really enjoyed the terrace and the room since this time I had less to visit and more to relax. Breakfast is filling as usual, and I enjoyed several times the new Nespresso machine which is the best asset for a coffee lover. What I live the most about this Riad is the level of cleanliness and the best staff ever, I didn’t see anyone yet, going the extra mile for you as much as they do, and it’s so pleasant to come back from the hectic medina and find someone that opens the door for you like they’re welcoming and old known friend! Burcin, Imane, Soukaina, Jamal and Jihane. What a fun and caring team, always ready to listen to everybody and share their tips and suggestions!

The place looks the way it is displayed in the photos, the...

The Location is not the best! You have to know where it is, or you have to know a bit about the way Marrkesh is build in order to find it easily. If you are new to the city and especially when it is dark, you have basically no chance to get there. It was the second riad i stayed at, so it was easier for me since i already knew the layout of the neighborhood. The real problem I had with this riad was something I only found out by accident, and it’s related to the security cameras. Now what is the problem? The problem is that they have cameras on both the roof area and the lounge/breakfast area. I don’t mind the door being monitored, however the breakfast area is also an area where you might access the Internet. Be advised, the camera is very well capable of recording everything that you enter into your device when you are sitting there. So be careful about sensitive data or passwords! When I comes to the roof, the point is, that if you would like to do sunbathing, (something two women I met at the first riad I stayed at did) you are being recorded. Whether you mind that or not is up to you, just know that this is happening. Now, the strange thing about this was the reaction of the staff! Complete and utter disregardment. When i asked the women in charge about this, she just stared at me with a blank and barefaced expression, no words. This breach of privacy and mostly the very strange reaction of the staff when confronted with it are an absolute disqualifyer. There was something really wrong it, like an attitude that people get when they do something wrong for a long time, especially when it's about conning people.

The place looks the way it is displayed in the photos, the room was the way I imagined it to be. The place was clean and well kept. The breakfast was representative for Marrakesh. Personally, I like the local baked goods in Morocco, so I liked the breakfast as well. It took a while for the shower to become warm, but once it was, it stayed warm.

Little oasis set in the middle of a busy and hectic city!
    • Standard Triple Room

Lighting! Not only above the door of the establishment, so that we could see our way on a dark night down the dark alley (narrow with occasional shady characters) but also in the rooms! Once you turned off the main lighting, there was nothing... to the point of needing to use a cell phone for guidance to the bathroom!

My friend and I loved the staff, the location regards its proximity to the Medina and the attempt each morning to serve something a little different for breakfast.

Cosy and friendly
    • Standard Triple Room

There wasn’t anything I disliked about my stay overall it was great

The staff were welcoming and friendly, the breakfast was fabulous and helped out a lot.

The location was convenient
    • Standard Triple Room

The staff did not speak any English and very often they left the place unattended, and the front doors locked, so guests could not get in. The breakfast only offered bread, and was disappointing.

The location was convenient

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

A pleasant rest, which is what I wanted.

Other guests were a bit noisy, entrance at night is too dark, they prefer not to take credit cards and do not take Amex. The day tour I booked through them was badly organized.

Great bed, good breakfast, wonderful staff and someone is always available for the guests' needs which is great considering there are only 6 rooms which is a plus. There a several small shops nearby which can be very handy.

This place is a gem.

This place is a gem. The value is amazing, this place is a quarter of the price compared to other riads we stayed at, yet it was one of our favorites. The lady working at reception went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time in Marrakesh. The location is very good, near the center as well! Would stay here again in a heart beat!

lovely
    • Standard Triple Room

Beautiful Riad. Only had one night to stay and didn’t have time for breakfast in the morning but the room was extremely clean and lovely and we managed to catch some rays on the large rooftop terrace.

Absolutely gorgeous!

The riad has relaxed atmosphere, is very cosy and quiet. The room very super clean and nicely decorated. Separate thanks to the stuff. They are just exceptional! Very friendly and ready to help with any question you might have. Totally loved it!

Very good equipped and beautiful room, nice atmosphere in...

We had our room in the ground floor and felt like we hadn't got that much privacy because the walls weren't soundproof

Very good equipped and beautiful room, nice atmosphere in the riad and helpful staff

One of the very best riads I have stayed in...and I have been visiting Marakech since 1969...

Beautiful, peaceful riad with exceptional staff running the place...helpful, courteous. Burcin, the manageress was welcoming and made my short stay there an absolute pleasure. I have stayed in a lot of riads over the years...this one is real value for money and I cant recommend it enough.

Really amazing

We got all the information we needed from the stuff. Great breakfast, comfortable beds.

Amazing accommodation. Everything was so nice, cozy, clean. One of my favorite riads in Morocco. Me and my friends enjoyed so much staying there.

Riad is in good location.

Lady in register did not have change for the moment we paid. She said we will get it later - never got. That was not much, but still - not nice. Air conditioner was leaking and did not work

Riad is in good location. Very nice and authentic. Room was very clean.

Feels like a piece of Home :-)

Location is a bit difficult, lost our way a bit on the first day (inspite of Burcin's good explanations...). At the end of our trip we found the way to walk & then it was ok. The last bit is in a small street, but must say, haven't felt unsafe there, whereas I did sometimes feel unsafe in other streets of Marrakesh.

You have to love Burcin here! She is amazing. We were 2 single girls travelling and the elaborate explanations for what to do and not to do around Marrakesh were very very helpful. We stayed here for the beginning and ending of a road trip adventure through Morroco. Also during the entire tour, Burcin was always available to help/give advise. Really nice to find a place of rest and home in a city like Marrakesh. The Riad is realy a peace of heaven in the mids of the Medina. Rooms are also very nicely decorated and have nice very high ceilings (which is nice when it's hot outside). Really, everything you need inside is here!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Beautiful staff

the Staff made this place, Jamal the night porter is an amazing man and a true asset to the Riad, Borghin the manageress is also very helpful , she arranged a few reservations for us and was knowledgeable of the area, Malika the Cook/Cleaner, was a real delight, she cooked cakes everyday and offered this to us in the evening with our tea.... The Riad itself needs some work, the toilet flush in both our rooms were dodgy, the decor needs attention, and the pool was very small and cold.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Attractive Riad; good staff. Sound familiar?

I used their driver to go to the train station in the early morning. He started to go to the Airport! --- I had spent enough time in the area that I recognized his mistake at 6am, but not everyone would. Staff needs to remind the driver when he comes to the door.

Very attractive Riad. I had previously stayed on the South side of the Medina which I preferred but there are advantages both ways. Room was small, but what saved it and made the stay was the sitting area on the second floor overlooking the court yard. I thought breakfast was good, tho the coffee was lukewarm one morning. I was very grateful that they offered to provide me with a small breakfast at 5:30 am. I must also mention that the owners/managers have a very good outreach and support program for the poor local residents. It would be nice to see more of this from the foreign owners.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Good experience

It's a bit scary to go outside alone. Also. Even though there was air conditioning the room was cold because the walls didn't keep the cold out but it wasn't terrible.

The staff was nice and the room was quite big. Location was in the medina which is what I wanted.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Great stay

Staff where very friendly and couldn't do anymore for you! Perfect location just outside the souks so not too noisy and busy but close enough to be there in a few minutes

The bed was very comfortable, but the Riad was much smaller...

The bed was very comfortable, but the Riad was much smaller than it looked on the photos and not in a very accessible area. Dissapointed really.

Authentic, clean, location

Authentic, clean, location

Tahnks.

To find the exact location, I need a detailed location map.

It was good

The riad was clean and staff was nice.

The riad was clean and staff was nice. The breakfast was really good.

A very nice, calm and traditional atmosphere

Wi-fi wasn't really strong

A very nice, calm and traditional atmosphere

The Moroccan sweets and the breakfast

The Moroccan sweets and the breakfast

Lovely Riad in a convenient location.

The staff, especially Burcin, were lovely and super accommodating

Very nice riad with a good position

It is quite difficult to park the car close to the riad

Good position to visit the most interesting places of the city. Good breakfast

Comfort riad close to medina

Wifi could be reached only when other lodgers out or sleeping. Breakfast just correct.

Big room, beautiful bathroom. Helpful and friendly staffs.

The staff are friendly

The breakfast and the night watchman

The staff are friendly

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Staff and interior design of rhiad

Pillows could be slightly comfier IF I had to pick at something!

Staff and interior design of rhiad

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The manager Borcin was absolutely delightful and provided...
    • Suite

The manager Borcin was absolutely delightful and provided great recommendations for restaurants, massage etc.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Fantastic experience

A fantastic Riad in a great location. The manageress is wonderful and the staff incredibly kind and attentive. I loved it as did my friends.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Staff was very helpful and kind.
    • Standard Triple Room

The way to go to this Riad is quite dark.It was scary to walk at night.

Staff was very helpful and kind.And breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Nice place to stay and awesome service

The service was amazing, really nice people and always willing to help and make things comfortable for you.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

All the staff were the loveliest people, nothing was too...

All the staff were the loveliest people, nothing was too much trouble. It felt like a home not a hotel. i couldn't recommend it more as somewhere to stay. This trip was a birthday present from my husband and was made extra special having stayed somewhere so lovely, we can't thank them enough

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The staff were brilliant, helpful and welcoming.

We liked it very much but felt the Riad needed a bit of money spent on it by the owner especially in the bathroom - toilet roll holder missing, shower wouldn't attach to the bracket, shelf brackets there but no shelf. But hey-ho it was a great experience and value for money.

The staff were brilliant, helpful and welcoming. Gave us lots of information and advice. Riad was convenient for getting into the centre of the old Medina even if we did get lost a few times but that is part of the fun. The Riad was a stunning building but needed a little TLC. Being clean and having hot water is always an essential for us, were not let down.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Rashid was very friendly and the staff help whenever you...

Rashid was very friendly and the staff help whenever you ask for something - I liked the breakfast very much- The rooms were big and comfortable. Arrangements before arrival and on departure. Well organized. You feel safe.The localisation was great. only a short way to the souks.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

Really lovely staff.

A few hicoughs which seemed beyond the control of the staff. Got locked out in the rain one night for 1/2 an hour. Paid for a taxi to take me to airport which didnt show up. The main square is quite far away. The noise carries in the Riad & people smoking fills the balcony with unpleasant smell None of which is staffs fault. Enjoyed my stay but felt insecure at times

Really lovely staff. Cudnt do enough for you. A true pleasure to meet them. Lovely room.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

Area inside the heart of the old city, beautiful and clean...

Breakfast could be richer, rooms are a bit small and not adequately furnished.

Area inside the heart of the old city, beautiful and clean old building. Very kind and helpful personnel.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Really Friendly staff,help us with a lot of tips and info...

It is inside the medina, but in a strange neighborhood. The access to the hotel is hidden and no sinalization. You need to walk through some dark alleys to get there. After the first day you realize it is a safe place. Bath was a problem, because either the shower didn't have enough pressure or there wasn't hot water (cold to warm). Package tour 30% more expensive than local travel agency, without any plus.

Really Friendly staff,help us with a lot of tips and info about the city.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Good transport to and from the airport.

Water could have been hotter.

Good transport to and from the airport. Clean and well run Riad Felt like home from home. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

Our stay in the Riad was really great - super friendly staff...

The Riad is in a really small street and the way to the hotel is slightly creepy.

Our stay in the Riad was really great - super friendly staff and clean, comfy rooms make it a very nice accomodation.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

The service was very good.

The service was very good. The staff was very attentive and always paid attention to our needs. Everything was within walking distance from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

Well presented.

Shower was not a good pressure and a little dangerous getting in and out as over a sloped bath!

Well presented. Welcoming staff. Good varied breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

Staff were very helpful and friendly, the bed was made...

The location was difficult to find even with a 1 pound map that you get from the riad; no tv in the room; breakfast was pretty basic - bread, butter, jam and tea/coffee.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, the bed was made everyday and towels changed daily.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

My friends and I had such an amazing stay at this Riad.

My friends and I had such an amazing stay at this Riad. From the moment we arrived, the people made us feel that we are at home. They were very accommodating and helpful that it made everything so much easier. The rooms were great, clean and comfortable. The sunroof was perfect for chilling out and the plunge pool is just what you need after a long day in the hot Marrakech sun. The location was great and convenient for all the sites. I look forward to coming back here again in the future.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Friendly helpful staff.

Not located in a good area. Quite a long walk to anywhere. Only one of the rooms actually has a window, and that was tiny. Rooms dark and dingy. Need re-painting. Air-con very old and not working properly. One day I saw a large cockroach on the landing. Worst experience was not being able to get back in at night. 9.30 at night was standing outside in a dark alley for half an hour waiting for some-one to open the door. Nowhere else nearby to sit and wait. Eventually some-one came. In the end I switched to a different Riad.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Everything was awesome.

Food available to order should state when it is unavailable

Everything was awesome. We were greeted with tea and smiles. The room was spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2015

Great staff, nice breakfast and very welcoming.

There was no key to the front door and we had to wait almost half an hour for the lady to return and let us in. Location was good but not great for what we wanted to see, although only a 20 minute walk to medina, it took a fair bit longer to get anywhere else.

Great staff, nice breakfast and very welcoming. Although a little bit further than expected from things we wanted to see it was still in a quiet street in the old town which was nice.

I was impressed by all of the staff within the hotel.

I was impressed by all of the staff within the hotel. They was very friendly and also extremely helpful. The room it was very comfortable. I will certainly be staing here again.

N.A.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

The staff Rashid was very helpful all staff friendly.

Did not like the breakfast much. And think they should have at least a mini fridge in the rooms.

The staff Rashid was very helpful all staff friendly. Rooms are spacious n comfortable. Allowed us to use the kitchen as we had a baby.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

I really like the riad, it is in the ancient part of...

not all the personal can speak english, but they were very great, trying to help you in all possible ways.

I really like the riad, it is in the ancient part of marrakech. Really interesting, much more better than stay into the new city. The personal was very nice. Go there to enjoy the sun!!!!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

The Riad L'Orchidee was a really wonderful place to stay...

It was a bit difficult to find if you are a newbie. Good thing we decided to book airport transfer as suggested by the staff. :)

The Riad L'Orchidee was a really wonderful place to stay in Marrakesh. It was a very homely and friendly place to rest after a day of exploring. The staff were the highlight of our stay as they were quite pleasant and tried to accommodate all that we requested.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2015

Rachid and Jasmine are marvellous to meet.

Rachid and Jasmine are marvellous to meet.The Riad itself has a wonderful atmosphere.Quiet and peaceful while in the medina outside the hustle and bustle rages on.If you don't know Marrakech the Riad is not easy to find. You need a taxi.If you park in Riad Larosse it is 5 euro a day. Rachids cooking is fantastic.Delicious evening meal.Vegetarians are catered for.Brilliant place.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

I have never stayed in a Riad or been to Marrakech before...

Safe was broken, but our valuables were safe Nevertheless. Shower flooded, I suspect the drainage had become slightly blooked. Other than that, cant really flaw it.

I have never stayed in a Riad or been to Marrakech before and whilst we walked down the narrow old streets from our preordered cab to the Riad, we couldn't help but wonder what on earth we had gotten ourself into. However, just as if we had stepped through a cupboard into Narnia, I was instantaneous impressed by the Riad. The staff were ever so welcoming and helpful. Morrocan Whisky (very sugary green/mint tea) was our first Morrocan experience. I loved it. My partner and I booked a bigger room, which was well fitted with a lovely big bed and the room was lovely and warm with its heater. It was pretty cold at this time of year (February). I loved the walk in shower, nice and strong water jet as well. Location was only a 12 - 15 minute walk to the main square as well. Be prepared to get lost the first time round thought.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

The staff were wonderful, and the room was very nicely...

The wifi was a little iffy in our rooms but usable in the lounge area.

The staff were wonderful, and the room was very nicely decorated and comfortable. The terrace offered a lovely sun trap to read one of the books available to read in the lounge area.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2015

walking distance from everywhere, the staff were very...

walking distance from everywhere, the staff were very welcoming and accommodating and allowed friends who were staying in a different hotel to come and hang out with us on the roof. Rooms were beautiful with huge bathrooms and super comfortable beds. They do organised day trips which were just amazing. Only wish I could have stayed longer. Would definitely recommend

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

The staff were the highlight.

We were put in different riad (Sukkam) than booked which was a long way out and in a poor area. My partner was in tears and wouldn't go out until we were moved to where we booked after 2 nights. I would suggest using Click for transfers and trips as riad transfers very expensive.

The staff were the highlight. Breakfasts were good with some variety each day. Nice courtyard, lounge and roof terrace. Wi-fi was good apart from on roof.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The communal areas and the rooftop.

Location was a little strange- down a dark secluded lane. Not sure I would have felt safe being there on my own.

The communal areas and the rooftop.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Everythings.

Everythings. The staff is just amazing and the location is perfect

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Staff were attentive, very helpful, car service is great...

Staff were attentive, very helpful, car service is great from the airport. room was lovely, spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

excellent choice for explorers of old Medina, very friendly...

excellent choice for explorers of old Medina, very friendly personnel, perfectly clean with terrace!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2015

Friendly helpful staff.

A bit off the beaten track. My daughter and I did not feel comfortable walking home at night.

Friendly helpful staff. Excellent breakfast.

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Riad L'Orchidee traveller photo gallery