Reviews of Riad La Perle De La Médina

16, Derb Bennis Douh - Batha, Fes El Bali, 30200 Fès, Morocco

#73 of 172 hotels in Fès

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Nothing, everything was perfect!

We stopped for on night before returning to France. We were received with a teapot and cookies for two. Ayoub, who manages the place, was more than extremely helpful. He took care of breakfast and transportation for the next morning at 4:00 am, before telling us we could stay in a larger room for no additional price! Every detail in the room and the whole riad is absolutely breathtaking, I highly recommend the place!

• Royal Suite Meknes

The service was excellent, our room Suite Meknes was beautiful and very comfortable for a family, as there was a separate bedroom for our children. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace was lovely. We were treated as very special guests and shall definitely return.

• Double Room Séfrou

The wifi was generally poor and service extremely patchy at best. I do think that can be a real deal breaker with regards to choosing a hotel these days depending on the nature of your stay.

The Riad is beautiful and in an excellent area to use as a base for sightseeing

• Twin Room Erfoud

First we were stuck in a "riad" that was very dirty and disgusting. We immediately booked a room in la perle de la medina and asked if someone could please come and get us because the place where we were staying at that moment was unsafe. After only 30 minutes their guy (his name was Ayoub) arrived and he took us to the riad. He offered us a cup of tea while he took care of the paperwork. The riad is extremely beautiful and the staff was so helpful and caring. We got a room close to the terrace. At the terrace you could have breakfast or dinner, it's all up to you. The food (breakfast as well as dinner) was delicious! Ayoub was super friendly and charming. He did absolutely anything for us and the other guests to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The wifi downstairs is very good, but in our room we barely had any wifi. But Ayoub even got us our own router so that we could also have wifi in our room.

The Riad has an excellent location. All the souk and restaurant area at walking distance The staff is excellent, always trying to help in every detail Roof top with breathtaking view

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Wifi just didn't work/extremely weak in our room, but worked outside. Didn't bother us too much, but others may find annoying

Above and beyond info and service despite language barriers.

• Single Room Taza

It is a little difficult to find at night once taxi can not drop you off right in front of (but close to) the Ryad and you have to go thru a couple of alleys (as it is the way on most of the medina anyway). But staff can help you or your taxi driver with the proper reference drop off point. Or let Ryad hire a transfer for you. It would not be much more expensive than you trying to convince a local taxi driver and save a few euros.

Common area/courtyard of the Ryad is really really nice and comfortable. Location is about a 5-10 min to main blue gate, where all the sightseeing action/fun starts. And Staff is really friendly.

• Double Room Ouarzazate

I would not recommend this place for a solo female traveler. Ayoub, who checked me in, essentially harassed me during my entire stay, which was only for 2 very stressful nights. He asked me invasive questions, kept putting his arms around me or would try to touch me, would stand only inches away from my face, and would NOT leave me alone. When I told him I did not want him to crack my neck for me, he seemed to have gotten upset and threw my pillow and blanket from the closet onto my bed. He asked me at least 5 times where I found my tour guide, to which every time I replied a friend had found him for me, and then he would keep asking me who is this friend? Is he Moroccan? Is he your boyfriend? Where did you meet this friend? When I would try to leave the riad, he would stop me and question where I was going, who was I going with, etc. And every time I would try to rush to my room when I came back to the riad to avoid him because I was met with the same questions every single time, but it never worked. To be fair, I did not witness him treating anyone else this way, but I'm so disappointed in my stay there, as I have NEVER been treated this way by anyone in all of my travels.

The riad is incredibly beautiful inside. Room was very comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was perfect. It's also very close to the old medina, which makes it very convenient. They also sent someone to meet my taxi and take me to the riad, which was very kind of them. The manager/owner seems like a very nice man.

• Double Room Séfrou

Friendly staff, wonderful building, clean and big rooms (we've stayed in a great one - Rabat), well-equipped and very close to Medina (the main attraction in Fez)

• Single Room Taza

The Riad was beautiful and had very welcoming staff. Ayoub Essammane was super fun to talk to in the morning and helpful getting me situated. The room was superb, decorated nicely, and had really nice soap, towels, etc.

The weather ..:)

We like it the reception guy,Ayoub ...Everything ît’s like in 1001 nights... All it’s Ok,room cleaning,the food Thank you “ Riad La Perle de la Medina”

• Double Room Ouarzazate

The bed was a bit hard but everything else was wonderful

Breakfast was incredible and the hosts were so kind and let us check in extra early after our bus arrived more than 2 hours early (3am)

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Internet not available for first days, then too slow. Not too much hot water if other guests are getting shower as well

Location quite good, food excellent, the riad itself juts very very pretty. Room (Rabat) was large. The service also very good and attentive. Hiighly recommended

• Double Room Séfrou

Their breakfast could have been complimentary :)

Friendly staff and the fact that they cleaned the room everyday. We did not see this in some other Riads that we stayed with.

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Beds were really hard, but we had a different room the 3rd night and it was better there. Breakfast was ok (quite common, same we received in other Riads).

Very friendly staff - really polite, just not very personal atmosphere (Riad is quite big, so it’s fully ok).

Everything was great!

Beautifully-furnished riad in a quiet neighborhood, easy to get to and very convenient to Bab Boujeloud, the famous Blue Gate of the medina. Breakfast and dinner were excellent, served on the rooftop terrace with views of the entire city. Staff was always available to answer questions and make recommendations. Karim, the manager, was especially helpful with practical information and Ayeub Essammane, in charge of customer service, speaks English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian. Fes is a fascinating and historic city -- we wished we could have spent more time!

• Double Room Séfrou

This place was really awesome, no complaints.

The Riad La Perle De La Médina was a fabulous place to stay in Fez with an excellent location. My husband and I stayed in the suite, and the room was fantastic - large, beautifully decorated, and really comfortable. The breakfast was awesome, one of the best we've had in Morocco! Highly recommended. :)

Everything was good

Karim was a great manager he gave us an upgrade on the first floor because my husband had an accident and couldn’t walk. Ayoub was really good too, He gave us a wheel chair for my husband. Great service.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Quadruple Suite Ifrane

The natural inconvenience of the moucharabieh window is that it doesn't not stop noise. And not appreciated that some guests are allowed to smoke in the square inside of the house!

The service of the hotel steward and manager was just great, very individualized and helpful Amazing

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Twin Room Erfoud

I like a lots about it, the decor of the room,the hospitality from the house, the location and quietness. I stayed in a Suite, booked for one night, then extended for another night. The Riad actually looks better then in the pictures somehow.The location is great, close to everything yet on a quite spot and there is easy public parking plot nearby. The house harira (Moroccan soup)is delicious and arrival tea and snack are presented in a beautiful way, it was a very happy stay, had great time in Fes!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double Room Kansara

A little more variety with the breakfasts would have been welcome.

We were welcomed by Younis and immediately felt at home. Over the next four days we seemed to become part of the family. We met Kirim and the friendly ladies who cooked and cleaned. All were so nice to us. Younis even took me to his favourite hairdresser for a much-needed trim ! The riad is beautifully decorated in typical Moroccan style and has a special, peaceful ambience which is difficult to describe. We would recommend this riad unreservedly to any visitors to Fès.

perfect stay :)

Not always personel available that spoke other languages than arab.

• Double Suite Rabat

Nothing to complain about.

The hotel was beautiful inside. And the room was spacious. It looked down to the center of hotel.

• Single Room Taza

Missing a hair dryer in the bathroom

Friendliness of staff

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Amazing house in the center and really helpful stuff! Perfect for kids to explore everything!

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Very nice spacious Riad with helpful staff. Good location on edge of medina

• Single Room Taza

everything was great from the room to the staff.

I didn't like the pushy staff, and food in the restaurant is not good.

I like the upgraded room, Riad design, and location in the Bath area.

• Single Room Taza

More than you could imagine. The riad looks like a palace!

• Double Room Kansara

the staff Ayoub is very friendly. The room is very clean and comfortable. All the services they provided made us feel like home.

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Amazing place just 5 min walk from the Medina. Choose fhe "Fes" room. Special thanks to Ayoub, our host who has been incredible.

• Double Room Ouarzazate

Amazing staff, who bent over backward to make sure that we were comfortable and well looked after

• Double Room Séfrou

Spacious room, delicious food, lovely rooftop terrace

The old world charm

• Quadruple Suite Ifrane

parking is not on site but 100 m away on street

friendlines of personnel spacious and clean facility

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Room Séfrou

Magical place with an amazing terrace. Iounes is the sweetest!

• Double Room Séfrou

The location was fab. The suite was breathtaking. Lovely lovely Younes was a wonderful host.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Reviewed: 8 May 2015

Nothing to do with riad-just a warning. If you do any form of tour, even if you say no shopping, i guarantee you will be taken shopping. We stopped at 4 different places after we said no shopping. You can easily walk around the medina on your own. It is difficult to find the riad so you will need to pay someone a few coins to get you there!!

The room we had in this riad was beautiful (bottom floor for 4 people). Location is right in the riad so shops and restaurants are close. Riad is very clean and well maintained. Breakfast is fine(orange juice, eggs, bread and cakes, coffee).

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Poor lights in apartment

Breakfast on the terrace

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Best Riad in Fez Medina a must stay. Wonderfully restored takes you back in time. Outstanding service great cuisine.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2015

Great house, nice staff, very good location in the old medina of Fez, the room was so nice, the breakfast was so good, I loved it.

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Riad La Perle De La Médina traveller photo gallery