Reviews of Riad Laaroussa

9.8

9.8

9.9

• Grey Suite (2 Adults)

This extremely beautiful Riad (somewhat breathtakingly so!), is right next door to the Medina. The staff are delightfully friendly. The rooms are spacious and authentically furnished. The Wifi is perfect. The breakfast, and the "in house" lunches and dinners (if desired) are prepared by a skilled chef. This place leaves nothing to be desired - even the view from the rooftop "restaurant" gives a perfect view of Fez's Medina "challenges"!

• Nadim Double Room

We stayed in riad for 4 nights and didnt want to leave! Great location for exploring Fez's medina. One of the days we had a walk with our guide Reda and it was fantastic - Reda told us a lot of interesting stories and we could experience Fez with the local person. The guide was arranged by the riad. Reda bought us the most delicious samosas in the medina. The riad has a lovely swimming pool and children enjoyed it as well as meeting the local pet turtle Paul. The staff were all lovely - Malik and the team. We then left for a big adventure in the desert near Merzouga and the riad's owner Thierry was the most helpful with planning the journey (we stayed for a night in Midelt to break the long trip). Oh and I must say, i love my complimentary slippers and we loved staying in the Grey Suite - thank you for the updgrade! Will be back.

• Blue Double Room

The water in the shower didn´t drain very well. But it is a very small thing. In the old city this kind of troubles must be hard to avoid. It did not smell anyway.

The place is excellent! Absolutely beautiful! But the staff makes most of the difference.

• Red Double Room

One of the worst experiences we had in all of stay in Morocco was the taxi service that Riad Laaroussa arranged for us from Fes to Casablanca airport. Apart from the high cost (180€), the overall service (car & driver) received was way below standards.

A fantastic boutique Riad at the heart of the medina! The Red Room we were staying was exceptionally decorated, spacious, beautifully designed, with an amazing bathroom, while the staff is strongly-serviced oriented. There are also nice common areas to enjoy an afternoon tea, while the breakfast at the terrace is also really nice

• Jadda Double Room

OMG!! This Riad was utterly amazing. Would definitely stay here again! The staff was excellent, helping us make reservations for local restaurants and tours and generally making our stay super comfortable. The actual Riad was gorgeous, welcoming, and very relaxing. Can't wait to go back.

• Orange Suite (2 Adults)

Plastic bed pads, made us very uncomfortable the first night until we removed it the second night. No nice places use these..

Badiaa was amazing and made our stay there incredible.. She took care of every little detail and want we had.. She is the best, make her the manager!

• Jadda Double Room

Everything was superb. Staff was welcoming and beyond accommodating (arranged reservations, train tickets, etc), and it was easily the most beautiful place we stayed in all of Morocco, perfect tucked away riad in the middle of everything.

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace

I was a bit jet lagged when I arrived so the introductory tour did not really sink in and it took me a bit to find my way around. But I did.

Assistance provided by the staff far exceeded my expectations. As an older woman traveling alone I was a bit concerned but thanks to their help - providing a fine guide, obtaining train tickets, etc, I was very comfortable and pleased. Staff also spoke very good English.

• Jadda Double Room

Could offer more varieties for breakfast? There were not much vegan options which we mentioned our dietary preferences before arrival.

Staff are amazing! Always greet you with a smile. The tour guide and drive that they arranged for us were brilliant. Lovely breakfast with fresh fruit and Morocco bread. Love the cooking class with Fatima. That was fun and useful. I even made a vegetable couscous when I am back home and it works! Love how relaxing and clam as soon as we walked through the doors of the riad. You really need that when you are walking all day in the hustle and bustle of Fez.

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace

Fantastic location - in the medina, less than a minute from the two main thoroughfares but completely quiet Traditional Riad and very comfortable, exceptional rooms, especially bathroom

• Green Suite (2 Adults)

Breakfast was average, but still good.

Everything was well cared of, I really do recommend this Riad as everything was nearly perfect. The location was really good as well!

• Orange Suite (2 Adults)

The stairs to the terrace are a bit of a climb, but worth it!

This Riad is amazing! Buried in the Medina we arrived with a courier who brought our luggage from the car. The labyrinth of hallways leads to a beautiful door. Upon opening the courtyard takes your breath away. Our room was the Orange suite on the main floor and way too large for just the two of us. We reserved dinner the night of our arrival, it did not disappoint. Breakfast was equally good and both were served in a nice room adjacent to the terrace. The weather was cool so we did not use the pool, but I will be back to enjoy a day sitting in the lovely space and have lunch next to the pool.

• Brown Double Room

We booked the small brown room but they upgraded us to their red suite for no extra cost. Which was so beautiful with detailed high ceilings, fireplace, a stunning bathroom with beautiful wooden decorated shower. The most amazing smelling soap and rose water to cleanse your face. The beds were very comfy and clean. The whole riad was beautiful with stunning sitting areas both inside and out. A stunning view from the terrace. The staff were beyond lovely.

• Jadda Double Room

Really couldn't fault the Riad in any way.

Everything about this Riad was amazing. Extremely relaxing ambiance, beautifully furnished. The staff were so genuinely friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable. They also ensured that we felt absolutely safe when we were concerned about getting lost in the maze outside. Delicious food. Perfect location.

• Hilal Double Room

We originally booked the Hilal suite (a beautiful but somewhat smaller room), but we were upgraded to the fantastic green suite, without any additional costs. The Riad is located right in the busy medina of Fez, still it was a very clean and quiet, relaxing place with a beautiful place. Highly recommended!

• Brown Double Room

not much to dislike - the stairs will keep you fit!

exceptioonally helpful manager Karim - It is a wonderful setting on the roof top terrace and I hope all guests will enjoy the red room which is so spacious and comfortable - avoid the little brown room although it is very quiet and the all round bed will keep you in place!

• Jadda Double Room

I had dinner (25 euro excluding drinks) which I requested to be vegetarian. The request was made a week ago. We were served vegetable tagin that smelled/tasted strongly of lamb which was being served for the other group. Also portions were really small and we were left little hungry.

Beautiful pool staff wonderful room. Loved our stay here!

• Orange Suite (2 Adults)

The Riad is very comfortable and relax. The restaurant at the roof looking over Fes and the surrounding hills. It was just stunning. The pool was also lovely.

• Hilal Double Room

The guide we took on the Friday rushed our tour to pray (would have been better that he said no)

Surroundings are beautiful. Staff are super helpful and keen to get feedback on how to improve the service they offer to their customers

• Brown Double Room

Sometimes language barrier but you expect that travelling to a foreign country

Staff were great. Organised anything you wanted. Could not rate them highly enough

• Orange Suite (2 Adults)

Stunning riad but the staff are its biggest asset. They went out of their way looking after our girlfriend for a couple of days when she became very sick. Great food and great pool to relax.

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace

We enjoyed having conversations with the hostess. She's such a graceful woman! However, one of the manager staff kept "selling" me this place and kept encouraging me to recommend this place to my friends. This made me kinda uncomfortable. There's no need to do so as this place is more than worthy.

This riad literally was the biggest surprise throughout our visit in Morocco! Everything is dedicated and stylish. We very much enjoyed the systematic services in and associated with the hotel. (local guide, car rental with a driver and so on) I must try Creamy suite if I have a chance to visit Fez again. I do miss spending chill time with my parents here!

• Brown Double Room

The stairs to the rooms and the rooftop terrace are very steep & a bit awkward. But that's a minor issue.

EVERYTHING!! We got a free upgrade to the Grey Suite and it was fantastic! Stunning room in a beautiful Riad. Being right in the old Medina was wonderful and the staff are amazing. Also the food was excellent (& so much of it). Also the rooftop terrace is amazing! Couldn't recommend staying here highly enough.

Nothing it's great

Beautiful place and the owners and all the staff We great One of the best places I have stayed in And we have travelled a lot

• Nadim Double Room

The Riad is a real oasis from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. The swimming pool was a very welcome addition in the searing heat. Staff very friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Brown Double Room

The staff were so accommodating and lovely. We felt right at home, the room was incredible, the food was delicious. It was by far the nicest riad we stayed in in Fes. When my partner got ill they were so kind and gave him lots of medicine and constantly checked that he was feeling better. Would go back without a doubt.

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace

It was really hard to leave Riad Laaroussa. In our short time here the employees became family and the Riad felt like home. We absolutely fell in love with this place. If I had to pick one favorite part, it would be the employees. Everyone who works here is so genuine. I don't think I have ever laughed and smiled as much as I have here at Riad Laaroussa. With all of that said, the Riad itself is absolutely beautiful. Everywhere you turn there is something special to look at. Whether you're lounging poolside or sitting in the garden you'll be mesmerized how lovely this place. Typically, when I have booked a hotel I am underwhelmed, but Riad Laaroussa was a wonderful surprise and exceeded all my expectations. Oh! And be sure to try the spa!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Nadim Double Room

Only one thing I would skip here is the dinner. Nothing special and much better value and quality elsewhere. Also, be prepared for a lot of stairs. As two seniors with bad knees, we managed fine, but they are a bit of a challenge.

Bed was very comfortable and the room was large and well appointed. Breakfast was great: fresh fruit, pancakes and jams, yougurt, and eggs just the way you like them. Pool was lovely and large enough to swim short laps. Staff was exceptional and went out-of their way to meet your every need. Hammam and massage very relaxing. The Riad is just gorgeous. Do not hesitate to book. We did not want to leave.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Cream Suite (2 Adults)

This beautifully restored old palace is a peaceful retreat in the heart of the vibrant medina. It's beautiful courtyard is a perfect place to relax after exploring the maze of streets and alleyways of the ancient medina.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Green Suite (2 Adults)

The standard of accommodation is superb. The building is beautifully restored and perfectly maintained. The staff were all helpful and extremely welcoming and wishing to make our stay the great pleasure that it was.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Brown Double Room

Very beautiful riad, well located in the middle of the Fes medina. Super helpful staff. Our little brown room was quite small but super cosy and nice - loved it! Highly recommend to have dinner at the riad as the food is delicious. Also recommend the hammam for a scrub and a massage!

• Brown Double Room

The stairs in the Brown room are not for the faint-hearted, but no problem for us young'uns! Our room desperately needs a curtain/privacy screen between bedroom and bathroom areas. No welcome drink on arrival....not even mint tea offered....perhaps you have to stay in one of the better suites for this! Breakfast doesn't start 'til 8am and while they willingly accommodate an earlier one.....you need to be pretty demanding to get some protein with your breads, I had to offer to cook the omelette myself to get one!! Check your bill carefully on departure!

Our room was beautifully decorated, as is the whole riad, with the most comfortable bed in Morocco! Orange juice @ breakfast was the highlight....the real deal. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even trying to get our adaptor repaired/replaced...much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Cream Suite (2 Adults)

Check in was slightly messy. Sewage smell from sinks and bathroom but that is a generall problem across old town. Just have to remember to seal the sinks every time after you use.

Located in the heart of Fes. Dinner service was nice (try the chicken pastry pie!) There is a hammam spa in the hotel. Beautiful, quiet room and relaxing courtyart. Two house dogs were friendly and I loved interacting with them.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Yellow Double Room

We loved our stay at Riad Laroussa. We had dinner there both nights- it was lovely and the food delicious. We used the hamam and thought it was a wonderful experience. Highly recommended! Especially after a day touring the Medina. We loved having breakfast on the terrace with the two hotel mascots, lovely labradors. The hotel set us up with a guide and we had a wonderful day. Although it is located deep in the medina, the hotel met us with a pushcart for our luggage and made it very simple to get to. Don't miss Fes and don't miss this riad!

• Jadda Double Room

The staff were fantastic. It felt like we stayed in an old friends house. The Riad is just wonderful. If you're thinking about visiting Fes, look no further for somewhere to stay. It truly was exceptional. 10 out of 10.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Hilal Double Room

Our room was very very small and in a different part of the hotel away from the main part and that was disappointing. The room was in the house and not the hotel part. The stairs were very very steep. I booked their cheapest room and you only get what you pay for I suppose. Unfortunately as they had so many empty rooms in low season I do wish they had upgraded us to a bigger room but that didn't happen. Or perhaps they could have discussed an upgrade with us. That was the only disappointment.

Outstanding. I wanted to move in and live there. Such an excellent facility. We really really loved it. The staff were amazing - so attentive and helpful. They knew just the right the balance between being attentive and leaving us be. We completely loved the pool which we had to ourselves one afternoon. Breakfast was excellent and the bed was very comfortable. The hammam was very nice although quite pricey. We also really enjoyed being able to have a glass of wine on occasion which is not always possible at other Riads in Morocco. I would definitely want to return here and to recommend it to my friends. It was truly a highlight of our first trip to Morocco. I really hope to return one day. We also loved their two labs. They made us feel at home too.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Nadim Double Room

The most amazing place that we stayed in during our honeymoon trip (and probably ever). The riad crew is made up of welcoming, energetic, kind-hearted people who will go out of their way to make your time in Fes an amazing experience. The feel of the place is relaxing and thrilling at the same time and the views are breathtaking... you just have to experience it to understand. We plan to come back to Fes and stay at this riad every time. Can't wait to be back!

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Nadim Double Room

This was the best hotel of our stay in Morocco. A very cozy and beautiful riad located in the medina with convenient access to the main sights. The service was outstanding and the complimentary upgrade to a suite was much appreciated. Communicated with the riad by email prior to the trip and they were able to arrange all our transfers, tours and even our onward train tickets. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Nadim Double Room

We loved the friendly staff. Everyone from the kitchen staff to the concierge were always ready to help for us to indulge in Fes. The dinner we had was also excellent, I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Hilal Double Room

The Staff was wonderful, and satisfied our every whim. Rooms were beautifully decorated, and we thought this was excellent value and location. It was the nicest Riad we stayed in on our whole trip.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace

Amazing service with staff available round the clock. Provided guidance to the city as well as fantastic room service. Gorgeous room and fantastic view from the rooftop terrace restaurant. A five star experience!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Blue Double Room

Love the place great staff amazing manager what else ??merci Laarousa Please go and visit les jardin jnan sbil And fes is so beautiful and the people are so happy to see touristts They come and thanks you to come back again

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Brown Double Room

Probably the best accommodation I've ever been to so far. The riad looks amazing, we had great service and hospitality, the hammam was very relaxing and the breakfast view is priceless. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Hilal Double Room

We absolutely loved Riad Laaroussa - the riad courtyard is majestic and beautiful, and one of the few Riads with a pool, which is a bonus in the heat. We stayed for 2 short days and had an amazing stay thanks to the wonderful staff at the Riad; from organising our tickets to Chefchaouen and a tour of Fes - the team at the Riad were so helpful and friendly, made us feel incredibly welcome. Rooms are great, and the breakfasts/dinner are also delicious! Would definitely recommend Riad Laaroussa, for anyone staying in Fes.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Hilal Double Room

The only issue, but don't think that can change are the stairs are quite high, and to get to rooms and the food area you need to use them. If you have any problem going upstairs, this could be a major issue for you. Otherwise, I highly recommend this Riad!

The staff where amazing as they were very caring and personal! The breakfast was great, especially those moroccan pancakes and homemade jams and cheese! They also helped accommodate our 2 year old's needs, which made life a lot easier for us. And the room we stayed in was beautiful and clean!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Yellow Double Room

Everything. The facilities were excellent as was the room and sitting areas outside the room. It was a little bit of paradise tucked away through a little door in the middle of the chaotic medina.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Orange Suite (2 Adults)

Without doubt the best stay we enjoyed while travelling through Europe and Africa. The staff were amazing as to the hospitality. A special thanks to our guide Farida, who the Riad had organised as too our driver.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Brown Double Room

The staff were amazing! Such friendly, happy people who genuinely love what they do. The building itself is spectacular, and the rooms are stunning. Ours had a walk in bath! What's more they even have a gorgeous swimming pool (for swimming in), which is so rare for a riad and perfect after a hot and sticky day roaming Fes. We could not fault it and will definitely be coming back!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Brown Double Room

Amazing Riad, it's very pretty and super confortable. The staff are genuine, honest and super nice, we loved all of the recommendations. The pool is also very good. Our room was amazing and the breakfeast is also very good.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Brown Double Room

A lot of stairs is not easy to everyone.

Absolutely fabulous! The staff is five stars. The breakfast delicious. The riad is so beautiful and clean. I am in love with the two dogs (labrador retriever) that live in the riad!

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Brown Double Room

Excellent communication before arrival, Beautiful Riad , staff exceptional , I cannot fault anything about the Riad , staff or food. I highly recommend this Riad when you stay in fez

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Brown Double Room

Everything was just perfect in this marvelous riad. If You want to meet the most highest standarts - this is the place to choose. The food, the personal, the riad by itself is outstanding. And if You want to have the best guide in the city ask for Hamidou.

• Orange Suite (2 Adults)

Everything was perfect....the staff is superb! The riad was absolutely gorgeous..I can not think of anything negative.

• Brown Double Room

Lots of common spaces, beautiful property

• Hilal Double Room

Amazing spot, me and my Gf spent 2 nights here, its close to the blue gate and one of the nicest Riads in the city

• Yellow Double Room

Very peaceful Riad, beautifully appointed, friendly staff

• Nadim Double Room

The staff , the room , the fountain! everything!!

• Nadim Double Room

Beautiful historic Ryad . Well located . Amazing super attentive staff !

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace

Everything! This place was simply amazing. The Spa treatments are a must do!

• Red Double Room

I loved Riad Laaroussa! The steep stairs are real, though!

Loved the staff – very friendly and extremely helpful!

• Hilal Double Room

Food. They need to invest in menu design and presentation and upgrade the dining area

Staff, authenticity and location

Everything was great.

The staff was amazing. Extremely organized, helpful, and friendly.

• Brown Double Room

It’s very good value and very enjoyable staff very attentive and helpful

• Brown Double Room

Could you have lotion in the room too

The property was beautiful. The bed was comfortable and clean. The staff was super nice.

• Orange Suite (2 Adults)

I like everything about the property.

The entire experience was terrific. Staff were attentive and helpful.

• Hilal Double Room

Breakfast was very good. Dinner was expensive.

beautiful and unusual property. great staff. great spa experience.

• Brown Double Room

Riad was beautiful! Staff was exceptional. Location was perfect. Food (breakfast and dinner) was excellent.

Plumbing is typical of many riads.

The building is great, the staff perfectly helpful.

This Riad is amazing, it seems to be out of time. FANTASTIC

• Jadda Double Room

Excellent accommodation with super helpful staff. An relaxing oasis surrounded by media-madness.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Brown Double Room

The level of personal service greatly exceeded our expectations. Good job guys.

• Brown Double Room

Most elegant hotel I know. Nothing could be better or different.

• Brown Double Room

The rooftop breakfasts were delicious and amazing!

• Nadim Double Room

Gorgeous styling, fantastic helpful staff, overall faultless

• Grey Suite (2 Adults)

Staff was unbelievable. Above and beyond. Location was sensational. Room was gorgeous and riad was something slecial to remember.

Browse Riad Laaroussa traveller photo gallery