Reviews of Riad Zinoun & Spa

31, Derb Ben Amrane, Riad Zitoun Kedim, Medina, 40000 Marrakech, Morocco

#783 of 855 hotels in Marrakech

Basic amenities but very close to main square. Staff is very friendly.

Taxi driver didn’t show up on time at the Airport pickup but that says more about driver himself than the Riyad. It was a good stay apart from that.

My Initial room didn’t have the AC as listed. Was moved into different room once I mentioned. Staff is accomodating and greets you with the smile. Nice clean and affordable Riyad.

Good location, some things need updating

The decor in the interior of the riad does not match the grandeur of the architecture. It definitely needs an update--it doesn't match traditional Moroccan style and there were tacky streamers hanging around. The bathroom wasn't well stocked-- no soap and no hair dryer. The wifi was pretty slow, and there wasn't a common place to hang out after 11 pm because everything became very quiet and dark. Generally we had a good experiences, but there could be changes made.

The property is very well located and the breakfast is nice. The owner of the property was very friendly.

Good location, but a little neglected riad

First of all, the staff doesn't speak any English and they had to call a 'translator' several times during my check-in. I felt like they were trying to bluff me and give me a bad room, and it took about 30 minutes with showing me all the rooms, several phone calls and me trying my best French to actually get the room I had booked. I heard them do the same routine to someone else the next day, so.. The breakfast is not worth it, it consists of microwaved pancakes and bread + jam and honey. Good juice and tea though! The bed in my room was very hard and even though it said my room had a balcony, it's not true - NONE of the rooms in this riad has a balcony. And the roof top terrace could do with a little bit of freshing up.

The location of this riad was perfect for me travelling alone, as it was located very near the main square and no problem to walk alone back to the riad in the dark. There was a long (50 m) and deserted alleyway the last part, but it was well lit and I didn't feel unsafe.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Beautiful Riad, would stay again!
    • Quadruple Room

WiFi was very slow in our room and no plug to use the enormous bathtub.

Spacious rooms, good breakfast, nice rooftop terrace and friendly staff.

Our Riad stay
    • Quadruple Room

Toilet not flushing properly

Staff, clean

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Super location to experience the medina of Marrakesh

Mattress was not comfortable.

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The location for access to make square and souks is great.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2015

Pick-up at the airport is reasonably priced and eliminates...

Pick-up at the airport is reasonably priced and eliminates the chaos of negotiating with taxi drivers. Best mint tea we had anywhere in Morocco to welcome us. Delicious cookies too

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

The location.

Huge cracks on walls,swinging bathroom door.Freezing cold room even in this time of the year.All of these would not even matter if the owner would not be so arrogant and rude at checkout.We arrived at 9 pm.Before we would have been showed to our room we were asked to settle the bill in advance.I said I can only pay by card as I had no cash on me.I've been told that I have to pay the tourism tax in cash.this was pretty surprising for me as we have stayed in two other riads during our trip and none of the other properties demanded cash before.I said I will go and pick up cash than tomorrow and we can settle the bill.Next day the owner quoted me 2 different prices based on if I pay by card or cash?!?!He used a different exchange rate for card payment?!?!So we checked out from the room left our luggage at reception and went to buy a couple of souvenirs to the souks and get some cash out for his majesty before heading to the airport.We returned at the afternoon and I have immediately paid the quoted 408dhm in case of cash payments to the receptionist who by the way was a very nice guy.2 minutes later the owner arrived and asked me for further 17dhms which really is nothing but when I asked why he said the exchange rate changed again!!!I asked him if he is serious with this?he asked me if I think this is a 5 star hotel and why am I paying at the end of the stay.He said he has been to Germany and Spain ,etc and that he is French and this is how it works everywhere in the world.I myself travelled 47 countries and can tell from personal experience that it's not how it works.Anyway he said if I don't want to pay I should get my money and get out.Than I pointed out for him that I wanted to pay 3 times during our stay,including check-in but there was always a cash issue from his side.The conversation got pretty heated by the end of it and he started talking to me about hospitality.

The location....and that's it..

• Reviewed: 11 April 2015

Location - very close to the lively Jemaa el-Fnaa yet on a...

Bed could have been a bit softer. The doors to the en-suite bathroom in our room were saloon door style - not the best if you are keen on privacy, more suited for couples who known each other for a very long time...

Location - very close to the lively Jemaa el-Fnaa yet on a very quiet street. As in all Riad's you can't escape the sounds from the courtyard but that did not bother us. Very pretty riad, room was nice and very clean. During our stay there was some guests who seemed highly dissatisfied and did not wish to pay however we believe this had to do with the mindset o these particular individuals and not reflecting the service of the riad as we were very pleased with our stay and the service.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

If you want to stay central than this Riad is for you.

If you're a light sleeper bring ear plugs as can get a little noisy when there are people in the courtyard. The bed was a little hard but didn't stop me from getting a good night sleep.

If you want to stay central than this Riad is for you. It is a 3 min walk to Djama el-Fna square and at the end of the very quiet street. The staff are very welcoming and the day time staff spoke very good English. There is a nice roof terrace with mountain views in the distance. The Riad itself is very lovely. I would come back to this Riad again.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2015

Arrived in January.

Arrived in January. Good times with Saïd (The owner) welcoming us like friends. Perfect location - found it without having to ask for directions. Even though located in the heart of chaos it was a place of serenity - calm & peaceful. OK breakfast, great coffee! And as served with a smile tasted even better. Enjoyed the sun terrace in mornings and evenings.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2015

The location was excellent less than a 5 minutes walk to the...

The price quoted on booking.com was just about £675.00 give or take a little for conversion into local currency. We ended up paying 11000 dirham this included the €2.50 per person per day tax. The total we had to pay was a bit high for what we got in comparison to the original quote.

The location was excellent less than a 5 minutes walk to the main square yet still quiet enough to be able to sleep.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

THE LOCATION

NOT VERY CLEAN COMPARED LAST YEAR, AND VERY POOR BREAKFAST WITH COLD BEVERAGE. ALONE IN ALL RIAD

THE LOCATION

• Reviewed: 9 February 2015

Excellent location, nice big room, lovely rooftop terrace.

Excellent location, nice big room, lovely rooftop terrace.

Browse Riad Zinoun & Spa traveller photo gallery