Reviews of Royal Mirage Deluxe This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Avenue de Paris - Hivernage, Hivernage, 40000 Marrakesh, Morocco

#754 of 855 hotels in Marrakesh

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Good hotel!
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

After a couple hundred of ants kept attacking our room, we had to move to another room. Unfortunately there was no elevator and we had to walk 6 sets of stairs everytime. They were unable to give us a room with a double bed, and we had trouble sleeping since our beds kept moving apart. Also, the airconditioner in our room didn't seem to work. 95% of the guests staying at this hotel were German and elderly. They expected everyone to speak their language and were very rude to those that didn't. They made us feel really unwelcome and uncomfortable. Breakfast wasn't really good either.. a lot of the food was really dry and/or burnt. The coffee and minttea wasn't great. We sticked with the orange juice.

Our chambermaid was lovely! She made the most beautiful pieces of art on our bed, kept our room nice and clean, put a lot of effort into everything she did & she was so nice to talk to! The staff in the lobby was also really kind and helped us with a lot. If you have a problem, they'll do anything in their power to actually fix it for you! The staff in the restaurants were helpful and efficient. We loved them all! Also, there was a cute nest of kittens that lived on the hotel grounds. They were well fed!

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Short break in a lovely location. A true Moroccan experience.

because is was low season, there wasn't enough staff. Service was slow at times.

Breakfast was fresh and had a good variety. The pool is beautiful and staff helpful. Great location.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Place is good and comfortable, very nice staff and lovey...

Place is good and comfortable, very nice staff and lovey swimming pool. One think that I did not like was the breakfast, but a part from that was all good

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Very nice stay in Marrakexh, will be back once hotel renovation has been finalised

The hotel was under construction at 2 of the 4 restaurants, which gave a lot of noise at the swimming pool. This should have been indicated when making our reservation!!! Service of some of the personel (at swimming pool and restaurant) very slow, inadequate. Cleaning of rooms too late, too little people to get the job done, could be much improved. Towels in room very old, should be replaced. However, management of the hotel declared to us that they were doing a lot of renocating right now, so we could understand but would have liked to have known in advance.

Location perfect near centre of Marrakech. Wonderfull Maroccan atmosphere at entrance with view of big outside pool. Quality of meals very fine.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Good value for money - aged opulance

Very loud music around pool most times. Would be great to have a kettle in room.

Go to The Red House round the corner for an excellent meal - recommend to book ahead.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Pretty decor and furniture but a bit cheap.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Appalling WiFi - No Connection messages from all apps. AirCon that only warms the room even on 5 degrees. 1 star table service in bar and restaurant- slow. Cold fried eggs at breakfast considered normal both mornings. 2 star food in evenings - really rubbish food. No coffee or tea or water in rooms. Cocktails made with wrong ingredients - mojitos with lemon, bad mai tais. Told off for playing piano at 10am. No wall plugs by beds to recharge phones.

Pretty decor and furniture but a bit cheap. Reception very helpful. Rest of staff average. Restaurant staff hopeless and slow.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Very Good Value for money

Unacceptable Breakfast. Management should be Ashamed of presenting such a "poor" breakfast buffet of LOW quality , in a 5-Star Hotel. Well...I knew it from my other visits there and Nobody is Perfect...

Very Friendly & Smiley Receptionists, Valets & Room-Cleaners. Spacious Rooms. Excellent position in Hivernage

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

The facilities were not up to standards of 5 star hotel.

The facilities were not up to standards of 5 star hotel. the showers were leaking out of the door and towels were old and hard. Overall the facilities could be rated 3 Star and not 5 Start from the room point of view. I wouldn't use the hotel again.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

The facilities were not up to standards of 5 star hotel.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Excellent!
    • Deluxe Double Room

For a 5 star hotel, they should have a shuttle service from the airport (which is 10 minutes away).

The room was giant, so was the bathroom. When we arrived they offered us mint tea which was super adorable. The staff was very friendly and keen to help us with everything we asked for, and we asked for a few things (like if they could print our boarding passes). The pool in the hotel was also enormous, and the overall decoration was very Moroccan. Within walking distance (one block away) was a Carrefour where we could buy everything we wanted. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Our stay in this hotel was bearable but not great

This is not a five star hotel. The curtains were falling down , towels were extremely old . The hotel definitely needs updating or the star rating should be changed to a 3 star to avoid misdirecting people .

The bed was cosy

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Location is great.

The view outside my room 111 was not good. It was dirty with bird droppings. ( picture below). Windows was open when i checked in the room. One can get sick from sanitation. There were guest that speaks highly of the place but i dont think its good value for my money. The place is overrated.There are much affordable and great view places.

Location is great.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

would never go to this hotel again, and won`t advice it to anyone.

Overall, the 5-star rating is not what we`ve experienced while staying at this hotel. I would say that information about the hotel on website is a bit exaggerated. 1. Reception - English is not well understood by staff. Asked for a bath robe while check-in, but didn`t get it till the end of my staying. Also before coming send several questions to administration through Booking.com, never received any answer. 2. Rooms - maybe 10 years ago it was a good hotel, but now renovation is definitely needed. Because door was broken, my friend got locked in toilet from inside, good I was in the room at this moment too. However this issue have not been solved for the all period of our staying (6 days). Shower is very tiny and really old. One morning found out a used condom on the balcony, which was thrown by one of the neiboroughs, so we didn`t go to balcony since then. 3. Towels are so old and washed so many times that they look grey. For 5-star we would expect at least slippers and tooth brush, but had only poor quality shampoo, gel and body cream. 4. Swimming pool - is nice, but the water is freezing cold, no any heating in it, so literally impossible to swim even when it is +27 outside. 5. Hammam - if you expect to see a nice steaming room, forget about it. Hammam in this hotel is just a wooden room without any steam in it, just a bit warmer than in different rooms. And it`s not free, so you need to pay for it. 6. Food/Bar - thanks God we took only breakfast in this hotel, because after 2 days you can`t look at it anymore. Fried eggs were always cold, all other food came from yesterday`s dinner. Only coffee and pastry were nice. 7. Ordered a bottle of wine in the bar, they brought us dirty glasses, Good thing they changed it after we requested. 8. Guests are mostly mature (60+), so it`s not really suitable if you travel with a group of young people.

Lobby is the only thing I really liked at this hotel.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Food police at breakfast, made a fuss because my partners illness made him unable to come down. Grudgingly said I could take a tray once. Seemed to inspect amount as if I was taking lunch too. Another day she refused to let me take my coffee to the lobby altho I had to check out and was short of time. I could have take it outside and then 're entered the lobby from another door. Food was laid out for breakfast at 630 am uncovered, until opened at 8.30. The arm came off our armchair in room, the console and bedside tables had glass on some rooms but not ours. There was a bulb missing from one of the bedside lights. We changed rooms on last night as I had been bitten by perhaps a flea...I am very attractive to blood suckers. In that room the legs of tables had no tops...i.e. they are hollow metal but open , tops missing. The pool towels are ancient, raggy threadbare and almost see through. One of 2 lifts only went to second floor, 3rd floor button faulty. Some guests were told they couldn't take bottled water into their room. It took over an hour to get tea for 2 on arrival. We've stayed here before but It all seems shabby now. The nightclub in the basement isn't too obtrusive depending on your room but we faced the street and taxis coming and going at closing time, and drivers talking outside woke us. Wouldn't go again.

Location, very peaceful , large pool

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Ok

The hotel was old and outdated, the furniture looked like from 1970. I felt like I was in an old people's home! This hotel was probably a 5 star in 1970 but today would be extremely lucky to get 4 star; I would give it a 3 star. The decor reminds me of the ship Titanic.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

Excellent breakfast and location, wifi everywhere, clean and...

Althouth our check in was after midnight, they charged us for half board (breakfast and dinner we didn't have) for the first day. I believe it is not reasonable and that we should be charged just for the accomodation for the first night and not for the meals we didn't get.

Excellent breakfast and location, wifi everywhere, clean and comfort room

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Good value for money and has a pool!

We tried to get a taxi right from the front of the hotel but we found you get ripped off as not many taxis pass by and when the hotel hails a taxi for you, you don't get a chance to negotiate as much. You're better off walking to the main road from around the corner and stopping ones that drive by. The hotel didn't take DH currency upon check out which I thought was weird (seeing as it's their currency) so I had to pay on card.

The beds were firm and large. The room was quite spacious for two. The decor was pretty and was pretty easy to get to the hotel via taxi. Tip: you can book a airport return private transfer for 20euro (not organised by hotel). Also, you can also get into Medina centre for 20DH from hotel (or back to) so don't pay more despite what some drivers will tell you (or you can walk for about 15 - 20mins).

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

weather was great, wish I had spent more time researching hotel

Pool bar and restaurant was very frustrating took over an hour to get a drink, had to move room the first night linen grubby and generally very tired looking. Room number two wasn't much better

Pool was nice, evening and breakfast staff very nice

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Best value for money ratio

Unfortunally this area of Marrakech is pretty noisy ( Hivernage ) and - sometimes - you could listen the music from the cabaret downstair, but wasn't noisy ( for me )

Like usually the staff was friendly and competent. Room were clean and comfortable and the breakfast good.They solved the problem of the wifi that I had last time (did not connect well in the room) showing to consider the customer's suggestions

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

I was fascinated by the traditional interior design, hotel...

Food quality of a hotel 4 stars.

I was fascinated by the traditional interior design, hotel is decorated with handcrafted object out there. staff are friendly. Awesome place to relax and for person who is seeking tranquility.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Relaxing and comfortable

The massages we booked (3 days in advanced) could have been better it was one at the time in stead of both together. And it was a dark small room not a relaxing ambiance.

Amazing pool with great facilities friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Good option for a relaxing place to stay in Marrakech

The staff was a bit rude and unprofessional with my husband

The room was really big and the pool was great. The breakfast was also excellent and the facilities were clean. Good location

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Good price If you do not want luxury accomodation

The rooms were not at 5 stars standards, But more like 3 stars. The breakfast food was not of Good quality, i only had coffee, fruits, youghurt and some vegetables, and could not not eat any cooked food at all.

I liked the location and the decor of the building

• Reviewed: June 2, 2017

Almost perfect

They need to set up the wi fi connection for the rooms , 'cause frequently you are disconnected and you need to go in the lobby for reconnect. It's really important to fix this problem , expecially for people like me which are in Marrakech for business!

Staff is very polite , friendly and helpfull . 5 Stars for all of them .I was in hotel during Ramadan and I know how hard has to be for a muslem follow the ritual , but serving you food and water as you require . They were always efficent and fast in every moment, both in day like night time.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Amazing!!

Buffet breakfast usually had ants crawling over some of the pastries.

Decor was excellent. Staff are super friendly. The hotel has multiple bars and restaurants to suit everyone. Buffet breakfast had a huge selection of fruits, beverages and traditional Moroccan cuisine. Absolutely lovely pool and we were made to feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2017

Disappointing, in need of renovation!

The reception staff were unfriendly. We had to change rooms because we were constantly disturbed by the noisy lift. The rooms were a bit run down and shabby. Bed linen was very old.

The pool area was great

• Reviewed: May 17, 2017

Classic morrcan icon

worst breakfast i have ever seen in my life, you wont C this kind of breakfast selections in a 2 stars hotel. Adivce,, Stay here but without breakfast.

Its very classic old fasion hotel,however it need some renovation.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

Great location, good food, helpful staff, decent price.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The showers were not very powerful but I'm not entirely sure if this is a thing across Marrakech rather than an issue with this hotel in particular. The ATM in the lobby charged my bank account but didn't give me cash. I got it back in the end but was a worry initially. There were pigeons nested above our balcony and we couldn't leave the door open as they would fill the room with feathers. There was regularly bits of nest on the floor also.

Great location, a quick walk away from the main Jama El Fna square. Very close to the Medina. Was a great escape from the hassle of the nearby Souks and markets. Also convenient for getting to and from the airport. Room service was very prompt and reasonably priced. One of the waiters for dinner was very pleasant, very attentive and remembered us any night we were there. Very welcoming. The guys at the door made life very easy for parking.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

Its an okay hotel

Poor choice of breakfast, pretty much the same food everyday

Location Of the hotel was good, the lobby was quite and nice, rooms were big and quite. Overall money expectations ware met

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Friendly staff and good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Cleanness, desk and chair in the room were sticky, same as the cabinets next to the beds, cleaned them again myself.

Friendly staff and good breakfast. Huge pool. Big beds.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

Fantastic location but awful breakfast

The staff were a little unfriendly and hardly smiled. The breakfast was the worst breakfast I've ever had at a hotel- limited choice and what was there was unappealing.

Easy to get to and within walking distance of a lot of great cafes, restaurants and bars. The pool is great and the free towels are a bonus. The rooms are large clean.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2017

the worst hotel ever

the toilet was not comfortable the toilet towels was very old and smiley the services was bad when I called reception no body answer the phone no water in the room no water heater for tea in the room the staff was unfriendly

I didn't like anything in this hotel. not a 5 star hotel I will never comeback to this hotel again

• Reviewed: March 29, 2017

The dining and reception areas were lovely.

Sometimes the reception staff were not too helpful, it depended on who you got. No towels and toiletries were left one day and we had to ask twice to get them. The bedrooms need to be modernised, tiles were cracked in toilets, shower too small not comfortable etc. Only one pillow per person.

The dining and reception areas were lovely. The pool area was kept clean and tidy and was nice and peaceful. Location was great. Good variety for breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

Amazing 100% worth the price!

room amazing, baths and shower room very clean. the bed was huge and so comfortable. the breakfast in the morning was huge and divine. the pool was open even though it is not summer season yet. got a little tan from the pool bed everyone is so polite.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

It was 1st and last time for me to stay with that hotel to be honset. one of the bad hotels.

Poor room furniture quality Poor breakfast quality with very little option Stuff was not nice at all No Complementary Water so you have to pay 30 morocco dirhams for a bottle of water that you can get it outside in 6 morocco dirhams.

Location Maybe is fine

• Reviewed: February 22, 2017

Large comfortable hotel needs some soul

The music around the pool Was unexpected and far too loud. Also some fruit and a bottle of water in the room would have been a nice gesture.

The room was large and comfortable, the reception staff were excellent and very helpful.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2017

Good location clean but noisy disaster breakfast

Tooo noisy I could hear the noises from the street , even I request quiet room, the breakfast was a real disaster experience only one staff for all the buffet full of guest !!! Nothing realy ready no moroccan tea , no table empty for us only outside and it was a cold weather we should take our coffe standing till someone move !!!!???? No one cleaning what remain on the floor bread everywhere even when we found a table !!!!!!!!!

Location pretty near by new city walking 15 min from the old city

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

None existent service

I asked for a simple request but was ignored, repeatedly on the phone and also through booking dot com I was repeatedly requesting but did not even get a reply it's disgusting how some one can take your money and not even provide a service, I couldn't even get a reply never mind a service. I have stayed at this branch of hotel before but never again,disgusted is an understatement!

• Reviewed: December 2, 2016

Friendly and comfortable at good location.

Breakfast was very good but fry eggs were cold sometimes. Rooms were big and bed too and was comfortable however the water in one of our rooms was slow. The staff were very friendly and helpful, however when we called the reception from the room it was always engaged. Overall happy. Could do with more children facilities. Eg Play area...

• Reviewed: August 20, 2016

A hotel with no management and no control

They don't present food and beverage bill/checks to you which is against all the standards, they tell you the amount verbally. Which is clear lack of honesty and lack of control as all the staff are involved in possible theft. Because they are not posting the bills and they collect it cash without presenting it to customers. And the pool bar attendant is absolutely not suitable with her upset face and bad behavior.

Nice hotel but no management and no system and no control at all.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2016

Mahdi family
    • Deluxe Double Room

To improve breakfasts every day some thinks and not variation of choice

Security need to improve any one can excess your room from front desk ask key any room.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2016

4.5
    Not going back to that hotel again
    • Deluxe Double Room

The night shift is absolutely not qualified for customers service Especially the parking guy who works at night Also the rooms are so dirty, toilet stinks really bad

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

location location location
    • Deluxe Double Room

hotel furniture and fittings are dated and tired looking

location location location

everything

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Very very poor service.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very very poor service. Hotel need renovation

• Reviewed: January 27, 2018

Tha spa message was very good

Tha spa message was very good

• Reviewed: January 20, 2018

Good location.

The whole place was a bit dark. The breakfast was just average.

The location was very good.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel facilities very hold, water was not hot enough, dirty (there was a bluster in the shower and hairs everywhere), noisy.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

It was ok,expected more from a five star hotel even for a standard room price was not impressive
    • Deluxe Double Room

Furniture was falling!we had to keep ringing room service for toilet paper

Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Good location.

The breakfast was average - the wifi was slow.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Room was exactly as described.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was exactly as described. All staff were very helpful. Breakfast was basic. Overall hotel met our requirements

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Value for money at Royal Mirage

It was not new and 5* from Europe point of view

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

OK would go back if price right

Front desk good. Breakfast staff good. Room service + bar service poor

Rooms spacious with nice balcony

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

we were satisfied with the hotel but wasn't great as i had expected it to be!

it was expensive and the view from the bedroom wasn't good!

it was a nice hotel and very quiet, staff were very helpful!

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

agreable

le tarif tres attractif

architecture, salons piscine, chambre

• Reviewed: August 20, 2017

The location was perfect. The pool area was super relaxing. The staff was super friendly.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Loved it best for families

Small issues that might be handled better like sound dampening

Loved it best for families

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Rooms,service

Rooms,service

• Reviewed: July 22, 2017

Good hotel

Acoustic insulation, little attention to energy saving

Local atmosphere

• Reviewed: July 8, 2017

Amazing breakfast

Floor of the bathroom

Amazing breakfast

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

An excellent hotel to visit Marrakesh and relax in the swiming pool

A little low the wifi signal inside the room. Not so important

Excellent hotel. Perfect the swiming pool. Very good breakfast

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

All good

All good

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Wifi could be better. Free transportation to airport could be possible.

Great location. Huge pool. Clean.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2017

Hot Marrakesh

People smoking in common areas.

Everything, room, bed, pool, breakfast, staff.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

The location was good.

Big, old hotel. More like a 3-4 star hotel. Not good value for money!

The location was good.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2017

I would not go again

Worst breakfast! The servive is mediocre.

The tea at the reception was nice!

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Very bad
    • Ambassador Suite (2 Adults)

Not clen

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Good location, 20 mins from airport, good facilities
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great location - v helpful staff

• Reviewed: March 2, 2017

Good value for money.
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Breakfast service let this very good hotel down.

Good customer services .Clean & tidy communal areas. Excellent sized junior suite.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2017

I don't recommend this hotel for family stay .

Hotel was so dark .room was very cold.

Only the location was good

• Reviewed: February 3, 2017

acording to strangers from europe or oters countries the prices of this hotel are cheap

This hotel is near the center so you can use taxi because the price of taxi is cheap

• Reviewed: January 19, 2017

An excellent experience..Believe me you will like it.

Everything was great.Keep the good Job!

Its a palace Much more than a Hotel..its so calm Anas lucxurus

• Reviewed: January 7, 2017

Could do better
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hot water would of been nice.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

Decoration
    • Junior Suite (2 Adults)

Old, limited service, sad staff, poor breakfast

Decoration