Reviews of Royal Mirage Fes Hotel 4 stars

Avenue Des Far, 30000 Fès, Morocco

#151 of 172 hotels in Fès

• Double Room with Garden View

The lowest wi-fi connection I could ever imagine, I would say no connection at all. No help from the reception staff. No cards acceptance. We had the dirtiest room ever. There were even stains on the sheets. Very dirty and cold bathroom. Dirty toilet.

We had a good breakfast, Nice staff in the restaurant

• Single Room with Garden View

-had to change my room due to the bad smell -the old furniture and carpets are very bad for allergenic ppl, -an old hotel whose rooms seems were not renovated since quite long, - I was told at the front desk that I have to pay for slippers and bath robe as I've used booking.com for my reservation !!! - electricity plug were not working- lack of vacant electric plugs to charge ur labtop or mobile phone -brocken window lock - unsatisfactory money value

the location of the hotel is great in the center of Fes

• Single Room with Pool View

Not clean, poor service, not even a smile the employees. Not professional at all. Rooms are too old and not maintained

The only good thing about this hotel, is the location

The facilities seem to need updating. And the water in the pool was too cold. Further, the smell in front of the toilet in the hall made me feel uncomfortable.

The location of the hotel is good and parking is possible.

• Single Room with Garden View

Breakfast and the pool area were both fantastic! The rooms were a bit outdated (70’s) and looked nothing like the advertised photos. The shops inside were wonderful and very well priced (even better than the markets!!) WiFi did not work in my room but worked well in the lobby.

• Single Room with Pool View

Worse hotel ever. The staff is so unprofessional, the room are dirty and the internet never works The gym is inexistant All the pictures showed on booking are 10 years old and completely inaccurate

• Double Room with Garden View

I usually don’t spend time for long reviews. And i’m usually not very demanding guest. But this place so discounted me that it really worths to share experience. (I stayed in a few other places in old part of Fes, I really have benchmarks to compare) This place is horrible. Staff at reception is very unfriendly. When i arrived for check in it took almost a minute just to look up at me and say hello. Rooms are cold and unpleasant. Heating/ventilation is so loud that I had a feeling that I’m in the plane that is taking off. Water in the shower was hardly warm. Phone didn’t work in the room. So for any question I had to go through whole hotel. But it also didn’t help all the times... the staff is used to forget about the requests and you have to come back again. If you are just a tourist in Fes it’s better to stay in a nice riad in Medina. You will enjoy it much more for the same price.

• Double Room with Garden View

False advertising on website. Poor communication between staff, had to explain the situation 5 times as informaton wasn't passed on . No acceptance of the hotel's errors...instead made to feel like it's the guest's fault for not anticipating hotel failures. Having to convince the hotel for some sort of compensation...and after an hour of talking to the general manager, being offered a bottle of water and some oranges. (After another 20 minutes being offered breakfast). Also being told that we should be grateful that we booked on a low rate and that if we wanted to the use of the hotels facilities we should have booked a week later when they would be ready for use. Old fashioned and tired hotel. Would be acceptable for a 2* hotel. After lots of complaints, we had the director speak to us the next day saying "so you're very happy with your stay...?" Did he not listen to us? What a joke really. Other minor issues: (40 minutes to run a bath, aircon/heater not functioning properly, WiFi kept cutting out,low water pressure and not very hot: however, we didn't inform the hotel of these issues so they couldn't have rectified them for us as they were minor in comparison to other problems we had)

The breakfast staff were friendly and one of the receptionists was really helpful.

• Single Room with Garden View

The room is ok and comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent. I enjoyed my stay and the staff are all ok and courteous. Will recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives.

• Single Room with Garden View

I didn't enjoy my meal fully at the restaurant, I am a vegetarian, but carrots, green beans and courgette on pizza - even when diced is not what I expected. I did eat half though so it was perfectly edible, just not to my taste.

Pleasant staff, helped me find a guide and advised me well when it came to transport, other concierge were much more relaxed at other hotels when I asked how I would get to Chefchouane but the gentleman at this hotel told me to go and book my tickets asap which was good advice, he gave me directions to get there too.

• Single Room with Garden View

Some rooms have not so comfy beds and almost no power sockets. Not soundproof: if your neighbors are checking out at 7 am you ain't gonna sleep.

Big clean room, good bathroom.

• Double Room with Garden View

outdated room and entire hotel. It need refurbishment asap. need an indoor pool and better spa

service was excellent. mouna (manager) Rachid and rabiaa were amazing and made our stay enjoyable. they are big assets for your company

• Single Room with Pool View

I was meant to be picked up tour guide but the reception failed to tell I was in the foyer

It's location besides the pool. Breakfast was good as well.

• Double Room with Garden View

City tax "not included on booking price", 40 dirhams per person. Rooms are old, poorly lit, and in need of renovation, really old bathroom. Poolboy wiping nose on towels later handed to customers was not nice. Overpriced.

Location and 3,5m deep swimming pool.

• Single Room with Garden View

The property is quiet old and need a serious lift up. It's a pitty as the hotel has a large plot that could be used better..the facilities are most broken. Hair dryer was broken..AC almost not functioning..the wifi not working well..finally the staff need some training to make sure that guests are enjoying a similar experience it when visiting other cities in Morocco or countries around

Location / size of the hotel / surrounding

• Double Room with Pool View

Like all Hotels Breakfast time ends by 10am. if one is on Holiday a late wake up is more likely some times , so breakfast will be nicer if extended.

I liked the Space size of the Lobby the Pool site the Bedrooms and the restaurant , every where is spacious this make your stay relaxing.. Staff are very friendly and can communicate in major languages ..

• Double Room with Garden View

Less Plugs for electronic devices, walls need to be modified, looks dirty for 4star hotel. Room was just okay. At least a bottle of water in the room would be nicer - doesn't meet the standard of a 4star but has potential.

The Pool was great, especially at Night , Nice ambiente, staff are friendly. All in all was o.k.z

• Double Room with Garden View

Very rude hotel manager, she refused to change our room. We checked in and payed in advance, and when we went to the room we were shocked. It was dirty, with very old furniture, dirty bathroom, and used bed covers. She made us pay an extra 400dhs per night to move to a "better" room. I asked for a refund, and they refused saying that once the check in done, you can't cancel it. Which is a bit of a scam. The wifi doesn't work too, so you might consider a data plan. BE CAREFUL, IN REALITY IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN PICTURES. I don't recommend this hotel, and won't come back again.

The location is great.

• Double Room with Pool View

Very high prices in the restaurant And the bar at the pool 3€ For a cola 6€ for red bull 😫 this was just at 13.00 hour. And in the evening the staff is outside the hotel to check if u dont bring drinks And Food outside the hotel to ur room. I had Two bottles water they didnt let me in whit the water. Water outside 0.60 € ct they charge Same water 2.50€. The hotel need to be renoveded Its old The prices must be reduced to normal maroccan standaards like other hotels Its a hotel Not a club u charge this kind of prices

Good pool

• Double Room with Garden View

The reception tried to renegotiate the fee and booking. The food was slow and limited. The staff were slow and not very help full. The hotel supplies a walking tour guide and driver. The guide was a cheat. He took us only to shops with which he had connections. He was in accurate with his details of history. He disappeared to pray and tried to lodge us with an inappropriate restaurant. When abandoned we had to make our own way through the medina and get a taxi. The hotel is tired. All carpets walls and lifts are tired. The fridge was empty even though booking.com said it would be stocked. The sauna was off. Hotel is very tired looking.

Not a lot. Maybe one staff member was helpful.

• Double Room with Garden View

Bit outdated interieur. We didn't see anything like the renovated room pictures so I would say that those pictures are misleading. The water from the pool was really cold. Area around the pool wasn't that clean because there were a lot of pigeons so I would definitely bring slippers. Airconditioning at the room wasn't working very well but it was okay. We didn't order anything to drink or eat because we found it quite expensive for Moroccon standards.

We booked this hotel after our stay in a riad in the medina to also relax and because of the pool. Which we did (relax) and we enjoyed the pool. Pool is big enough and there a quite a few sunbeds and parasols. In the new town/Ville Nouvelle is not much to do so if you want to do something you would need to go to the medina. It's still fine to get to the medina from here with a short taxi ride, though there is not a taxi place nearby so you would have to stop one on the street. I did like the location because it is close to the big road so easily accessible and it was next to the boulevard/park which is also a nice to take a stroll. At the pool you don't hear much from the street. Reception was nice and friendly but around the pool they didn't speak very good English though they were still very friendly. Room was fine, clean enough and enough space for like suitcase etc. All in all I would say it's fine for the price if you are planning to use the pool.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Single Room with Garden View

Traffic and public transport.

Clean, rich and diversified breakfast, very good position, close to the center and main road. The staff is qualified and cute.

• Double Room with Pool View

The wifi is dreadful as usual in Morocco. The shower is almost useless.The bed is too hard for me.

Good staff..decent breakfast...fine bar. Pleasant gardens. Mostly very good.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Single Room with Garden View

I had to leave after two nights. The hotel said I needed to pay for six nights because booking.com had not responded to them. I sent an email to booking.com customer service, no response. Being ignored by a service company is not a pleasant experience. The hotel said I should make reservations directly and they would only have charged me for the nights I stayed. I will not be using booking.com again! Your service cost me money!

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Single Room with Garden View

the hot buffet food on breakfast or dinner should have been much hotter

staff have a very relaxed positive attitude.service at the restaurant and bar is extremely attentive.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Double Room with Pool View

It's an older property & a little outdated and more of a 3star property according to US standards.

Good location, breakfast brunch, large property with a nice pool.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Double Room with Garden View

The beds are shaky, old and not very comfortable. When two people are on the same bed, it becomes like a swing!! The beds need changing. The pillows are terrible. The phone in the room is not working. The TV channels are very few (bad taste selection): the worst selection in a hotel I have ever seen; they could get a larger selection of channels (since they can get them for free via a dish antenna). Some people at reception desk are not welcoming. They also told us breakfast was as 75 dhms/ pers; but on the invoice they counted 110 dhm/pers. We did not bother bargaining with them....The sports room is horrible. All the machines (ecept two bikes) are useless and broken; they seem to be 20 years old. They are not even safe. The pictures advertising the fitness room are misleading and must be removed.

room was large and clean. Very quiet area. View on the garden good. Some staff were very nice

• Double Room with Garden View

Many things.staff rude,poor english speacking,prices way too hight for all extras.food and accomodation not worth the money.

Liked to smoke inside the building

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

the bed is not very clean, there is some hair and unpleasant spot. no place to charge our phone, shower water is small

the price is not too high, in the new part of fiz city, it's ok to go out and walk around if you don't look like a morocco people. air condition is good and warm. dinner and breakfirst price is too high.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

Hotel food is very overpriced relative to what you can get. But nonetheless food is very good and would recommend it.

Very friendly staff and are very willing to help.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

This hotel is one of the best hotels that I been too in Morocco. Good location, great service, very clean, friendly staff, nice garden and swimming pool, big rooms, comfortable beds and chairs, delicious breakfast buffet, children play ground,

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

This hotel is the second hotel in morroco that I am going to give 10 out of 10 for everything. The location is great, the staff are very helpful and friendly, breakfast is amazing delicious cakes and green tea included , rooms are in very good size and clean, each person get a double bed which is very comfortable, the garden is very romantic, nice light and trees around the pool area very beautiful at nights. As a family we got 2 rooms which are connected to each other which is great idea for big family. Play ground for kids in various ages was available. Night clubs, bars and restaurants are close to the hotel. In addition the hotel is based by the nieces street in Fes called Hassan the second.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

No soap in soap container in the bathroom. And anyway, one of them was fallen in two pieces. TV remote control fallen into two pieces. No light at entrance of the room, bulb was out. Room not well cleaned, curtain partly fallen down. Price of hotel is not worth, I would not recommend it.

Concierge recommended an excellent guide called Omar. He helped us to find our way in the Medina and expained all important things.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

The front desk staff were too busy to acknowledge us. No greetings when we checked in. No instruction on the time of the breakfast. Took my credit card and gave us our key cards. That's it. Felt like I was in a drive thru. The hotel is gloomy and old. My friend & I were sneezing and coughing when we were inside our room.

Staff from the hotel's restaurant are more pleasant.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Nothing ..!!

Below average, room was not clean, no amenities until i requested , room smiley with low level of cleanness , check in was ok but even the front desk was very dusty and staff seemed were not happy at all..!! Its petty when we see a great location in A city like Fed but nobody taking care of the service and the cleanness ..!!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

At the chuck out they charge me twice, w here I was on the way to the airport they have to call me back half way to the airport to charge me again. Apparently they said they only charge me for 2 night where I stayed 3 night after I came back from half way to the airport charge me again for one night extra. I think that's not fair to delay me

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Parking scarcity

Staff polite, smile at you and greet you each time you meet them. Facilities kept clean Would advise to clear up used trays at corridors Overall, had good experience

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

The Ac was not working properly, the hotel in general was very old, I was shocked when I checked in, I felt that the hotel does not deserve the amount we spent for 2 nights. It was the 1st time and the last time. My family had another 3 rooms booked for the same period and they didn't enjoy their stay at all. The blankets of their rooms were too old may be the same one my grandmother used to have in 1970 perhaps.. We will certainly choose another hotel when we come to Fes next time. Thank you

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

Wifi was virtually not existent in room but was fine in lobby area.

Very friendly and attentive staff. The pool and play area could do with some minor updating but is still beautiful and great for kids and adults. Rooms are very spacious and as far as we could make out all come with two king size beds as this was not clear on the website. The air conditioning worked well. A very child friendly hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Cleanliness of cups and glasses was poor, I had to rewash or wipe every one I received. Ac was not really cold, but luckily we had a good breeze through our window.

The hotel was bright and airy unlike the riads and the pool was well kept. Staff generally leave you to your own devices, which I prefer. The location is decent as it is in the newer part, so easier for elderly people. It is between all the places of interest, but each place is a taxi ride away.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Single Room with Garden View

My fiancée met me at the holel. I asked her to meet me by the pool. The staff was following her as if she was a prostitute or something. I was puzzled because the hotel was full of prostitutes at night and no dared to talk to them. Other than that, the hotel is old and needs some major renovation.

Nice location in the middle of Fes.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

The only thing that was negative was the price of the dinner buffet. This was to high for what is was. We would come back but go outside for dinner.

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights Nice pool, childrens pool and playground Continental breakfast. Nice big room with 2 double beds. Crib for our baby.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

There isn't any soap nor sanitizer in the lobby bathroom. The swinging doors leading from the restaurant to the kitchen need to be cleaned or repainted because of some food stains on them.

The hotel is well-located -- in the new part of the city and few minutes away from the Medina. The room was big, clean and quiet with a view on the pool and garden Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

The fridge (we tried 2) didn't work so nothing able to keep cool. The safe batteries kept falling out so we were unable to open our safe. The food was not good, Luke warm and limited choice. At one point I saw a waiter flick a bug( looked like a cockroach) out of the fish platter.

The bedrooms were of a good size with two king size beds. Pool area lovely too.

Needs a proper maintenance

Location and size of bedroom

• Single Room with Garden View

Bit dated. could do with a face lift

Easy on the nerves. good pool. nice bar

• Double Room with Garden View

The receptionist was very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Garden View

Condition of room , very old fashioned and not clean , fridge was dirty

Cleanliness, lack of maintenance

Location, spacious rooms

Breakfast bar

Good both room and room

• Double Room with Garden View

The hotel needs to be renovated thr rooms the restaurant and the toilets

• Single Room with Garden View

The rooms are outdated and old. Old bathrooms.

• Double Room with Garden View

Don’t know how on earth this hotel is rated 5 star The toilets so old fashioned , taps not working properly , no duvet but old blanket ...

Language barrier.

Little issue with the language. Rest the things were good.

• Double Room with Pool View

mosquitoes infested room...could not sleep well...v disappointing

they had space for one night

Great hotel. I recommend it

• Double Room with Pool View

Wiffi verry bad Gym old and broken Hotel old needs renovation

Location verry good

• Double Room with Garden View

Noises coming from the pipes in the bathroom.

The first room was cold. Aircon was broken. The second room was better.

• Double Room with Garden View

It was clean and tidy and what you would expect

friendly staff

the bathroom was not good

the staff was helpful

• Double Room with Garden View

The female manager is very responsible

• Double Room with Pool View

Very good reception, bar and piscine. Good position to visit fes

Luxury

• Double Room with Garden View

The rustiness of steel at the bathroom The shower is bad and its condition is not well maintained

• Single Room with Pool View

Small selection of food for supposedly buffet

Staff friendly

• Double Room with Garden View

Expensis, barrier of communication and pool timing closed early

The pool area and rooms - both asthetically pleasing

Shower and administration

• Double Room with Pool View

the room was dirty , and very old . breakfast poor ( nothing was fresh ) after this experience il will not recommend this hotel

Nothing except pool

• Double Room with Garden View

The breakfast was very basic

The staff were very friendly

Old and not well clean

• Double Room with Pool View

Buffet was overpriced and not good quality, the safe was difficult to operate

Staff were nice, nixe entertainment in the evening

Breakfast Public areas cleanliness

Pool

• Double Room with Garden View

Wonderful stay here! The staff even presented us with a heart shaped cake for our anniversary! Thanks for your special care!

Browse Royal Mirage Fes Hotel traveller photo gallery