Reviews of Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay 5 stars

Cité Founty P4- Baie Des Palmiers- Commune De Bensergao, 80000 Agadir, Morocco

#18 of 47 hotels in Agadir

• Luxury Double Room with Sea View

For Agadir, it was so expensive. The bar staff were inattentive (took us 30 minutes to get someone’s attention one time), check in took almost an hour (still don’t understand why). I felt like we kept on being forgotten about which was a shame as we were expecting a really special experience. The rooms felt a little outdated, they had speakers that you could only connect with an old iPod dock and were quite dark.

Loved the pool and the outside areas, the bit inside with the retractable roof was also awesome and so relaxing. Concierge staff were great and so helpful, as were the receptionists, doing a really great job of being helpful and friendly.

• Classic Room with Garden View

The customer service was absolutely crap they was not friendly at all especially the price that you're paying to stay at that hotel you would expect good customer service I was very disappointed in my stay I didn't feel welcomed or comfortable

I think the only thing that I genuinely like it was the fact that they were swimming pools and there's a private beach

• Classic Room with Garden View

While the facilities were impressive, they didn’t meet the standards expected. The pool was cold, the bed was uncomfortable, the WiFi was slow and the service was poor at times. We would press the call button at the pool and nobody would arrive, you could stand at the bar for ten minutes without even a hello and staff kept change at times. Even when we asked for change we didn’t get it all. There were also hidden fees of £60 city tax - seems a little high and a call to the other Sofitel - that we didn’t even request.

Beautiful hotel with a massive bed and giant pool

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Concierge services were bad - gave no protection against being exploited by the local bartering custom. Felt that everyone in the hotel saw us as a wallet/$$$, rather than a guest.

Room service was far better than paid breakfast and about a third of the price. Amazing pool - great sunbathing area. Very comfortable bed.

• Premium Superior Twin Room with Pool View

Lunch didn't seem to be much of a priority. The main pool was ice cold. The spa was over priced.

The facilities were great and the staff were extremely helpful.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Price and private function in the main hall reception and no communication so very very poor We paid to use everything and could not due to the private event disgusting way to treat your guests and I am a regular user of this hotel but not anymore

Location and cleanliness

• Classic Room with Garden View

You can read a lot of criticism regarding this hotel on the internet. Reading between the lines all those feedbacks are personally driven. This hotel is nice! Not a new one definitely and that one is visible in many areas and yes the carpet in the common are can be changed. Is this really the reason why want get stressed? This hotel is a true 5 star hotel with an excellent breakfast and dinner offer. I only tried the main restaurant and that was excellent! Live music, belly dancer and many more entertainment. The staff is really friendly and want to help.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Taxi charging us a bit more when leaving from Hotel , as they probably thinking "these people have money" I guess they just made us walk down the beach more so it's no loss really

Breakfast was amazing , staff were extremely friendly and observant to everyone's needs. The whole Hotel has such a relaxed atmosphere, especially the main area as you enter the hotel. I loved the way when we were arriving and leaving hotel , the Door men and Gate man always wanted to know what tour we were doing or where we were going so they knew where we where and asked how it was when we returned. Agadir is extremely safe and a beautiful place. Will 100% return to Agadir and The Sofitel Royal Bay Hotel.

• Luxury Double Room with Sea View

check in time . we arrived on time but the room was not ready and the room didn't meet my expectation it was old furniture and small space .

I liked the beach near by the hotel,staff and the location of the hotel

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The cleanliness was bad, the slowness of services, the lack of options in service and food. The hotel is extremely outdated, the lack of options for children

The staff are very friendly and good with children

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Service in the Buffet restaurant poor. We moved to the Fish restaurant after waiting for 15 minutes for a waiter to take our wine order. Generally food and wine prices rather high. We were scandalised to find that a 33 cl of water in the mini bar cost 3€50. We have holidayed in Morocco for many years and water is always free. We did not breakfast in the hotel. It was far better value for money to breakfast in a local restaurant.

Bedroom superb and luxurious. Poolside facilities very good. particularly enjoyed the outdoor beds to relax on.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The reception area was extremely spacious and traditional. The breakfast was huge with both indoor and outdoor seating. The grounds were phenomenal. Totally relaxing and atmospheric experience.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Ants in the room The toilet did not flush. They served welcome apples, which were brown. The hair dryer is SO old and bad. The room safe didn’t work.

This hotel is all about the great pool. Compared to five star hotels in big cities, this is much more shabby. But the pool and great atmosphere in the sun make up for that. I would probably pick another hotel with a pool along he beach for a fraction of the price, if I go to Agadir again. But for a 1-2 night stay it’s ok. Nothing memorable though.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The main problem with this hotel is the quality of service at breakfast and the pool restaurant. Here are a few examples: - I ordered a cappuccino as I sat down for breakfast. 20 min later, done with my meal and still no cappuccino. Waiter kept telling me it's coming. - Seafood salad tasteless, dry berber sandwich, etc. - Ordered a coke at the pool. I had to order twice and wait for 20 min to have it The hotel is getting With little more involvement the experience could be exponentially improved

The service of the staff at reception and cleaning was very professional, effective and welcoming. The dinner at La Nasse was good (both seafood and desserts were excellent)

• Premium Superior King Room with Pool View

The food wasn’t great. There was no entertainment in the hotel after 10pm.

The place was very clean, comfortable and met expectations. The staff were friendly and service was prompt.

• Luxury King Room with Balcony and Pool View

Lunch menu expensive for what you get Bit more lighting in the room

Extra comfy beds – nice relaxed atmosphere – very well situated Friendly staff Best hotel in agadir along with the other sofitel extra comfy beds

• Premium Superior King Room with Pool View

The staff were excellent, from the first person we met they were all extremely helpful making it a wonderful holiday. Always willing to help, and the hotel helped arrange activities for us during the day making things easy and giving us more time to relax in the facilities.

• Superior King Room with Garden View

The staff were very helpful with everything that we needed !! The kids club was great for our daughter to !! Pool very relaxing didn’t have to move every thing was right there !! Had a wonderful few days !! Will be back !!

• Classic Room with Garden View

Our room was non smoking but had a VERY strong smokey odour in it.

A luxurious stay in a beautiful part of the world. The staff were amazing and went out of their way to accommodate us. The breakfast buffet was absolutely fabulous and a lighter option was available as well when we didn't feel like quite so much. Great location and a lovely walk up the promenade to the town. A great property for some time out and comforts.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

All the food was delicious but very pricey. If they made it more affordable they would have more customers. Breakfast was good but not worth the price tag if you don't have it includes.

Staff are amazing! Beds are super comfortable. Pool and beach area was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Rooms were kinda outdated.

Amazing location. Nice friendly staff specially MR. Mohammed working in the lobby was so helpful and always recommend places for me, and answered all my questions with a big smile. Food was great. Beds were comfy. Room service was uniquely exceptional👍

• Premium Superior Twin Room with Pool View

1: room was not clean and full of ants and AC was not working at all even after i informed them they said they will fix it, it was already 6pm i left and came back around 10pm and nothin has changed AC still hot and room still has alot of ants, they didnt even want to give me another room they said tomorrow, while the hotel was half empty. around 12:30 am thry decided to shift me to a room which was occupied by someone else who had left the hotel for also another problem, room was not set up properly and half bottle of water was there... completely bad managment and unprofessional staff only Lubna on reception was helpful

hotel lobby area and the theme

• Premium Superior King Room with Pool View

Very unhelpful when trying to sort out my booking. I was delayed unfortunately and could only make my arrival a day later, this was a big problem for them, I wasted half of my day trying to sort this out when conman sense should of prevailed.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The front desk should be always smiling Also they should increase the number of staff in reception Also they should do renovation and change furniture of rooms

The sitting area in loopy is amazing Also the room cleaning staff is very smart and professional.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The restaurants were expensive, a burger from the poolside equated to around £15 (and it wasn't to my taste). You can take a short 5min taxi drive to the marina and pay £3 for one. However, the breakfast and dinner buffet does have a large variety of food so should you opt for all inclusive (like we did), despite being pricey you do get a lot for your money, including unlimited drinks. Not much for chicken lovers though, alot of beef and fish options so down to personal choice. Also no beans at brekky, that was a bit gutting for me. The spa is overpriced, for a hammam and massages, I would recommend going to a local place which is considerably lower.

The staff were amazing, so so friendly. Particularly Yousra, she advised us of where the best places were and was always so smiley. I also felt the doorman were so lovely, on one occasion we didn't have the right change for a taxi and the driver did not have any change for a large note so our doorman paid for it. The door staff also seem very safety conscious and considerate of the people staying at the hotel as they note taxis you get into etc should you leave your phone behind or anything else which I thought was great. I love that the hotel has a private beach which was beautiful and clean. The resort itself is beautiful and the facilities are great. Stunning views for sunset. The marina, souk and excursions are all a short drive away.

• Premium Superior Twin Room with Pool View

Reception should be quicker at busier times. Some of the hallways upstairs have an old smell about them, nothing too unpleasant but at this price you expect the best. Side view rooms are small and cramped.

Location, fabulous lobby, pool and private beach area. Good clean rooms I would advise paying a premium for one with a good view. Attentive and friendly staff. Recommend the spa especially Muhammad who gave an excellent treatment and was very amicable and professional.

• Classic Room with Garden View

The bed was a little lumpy with obvious dents from so many bodies in the bed over the years

The staff were amazing, chatty and made us so comfortable. The facilities are great and the sun couches were sooo comfy.

• Classic Room with Garden View

Given the lack of shops/places to eat and drink in walking distance, prices are a bit steep for what you get but I suppose this is what you would expect from a hotel of this calibre and they weren't completely unreasonable. Not really something I didn't like but I think they could do more to let you know you can also use the facilities in the Sofitel next door as we weren't aware of this until the latter end of our stay.

A beautiful hotel and exactly what we needed - relaxation by the beach. The pool and private beach area are exceptional and beyond comfortable - plus the staff were always on hand at every part of the hotel should you need anything. Facilities were as you would expect for the standard of hotel. The bed in the room was particularly comfortable and the bathroom facilities were perfect after travelling/ a day in the sun. The concierge service was also second to none, with them booking restaurants for us and organising free transport to and from the restaurants which was a huge bonus. We really didn't want to leave!

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The beach area it's very nice however the smell is not great and I'm not sure if it's due to the camels however I don't think the beach benefits from it. Also when ordering something at the hotel or getting the bill we had to wait quite a bit so a little bit of communication would go so far. Also the first day it would have been nice if the hotel staff had welcomed us rather than the excursion guide as he was more welcoming than hotel staff but this progressed later on which was fine but first impressions are very important and can benefit the hotel resort.

The comfort of walking around the hotel it's so big and great to explore the vibe is nice and meeting friendly staff.

• Premium Superior Twin Room with Pool View

Food isn't amazing and overpriced compared to good restaurants nearby. Service could've been better, but we found that service overall in Agadir could be improved.

Hotel atmosphere is really relaxing, architecture beautiful, more local feel than the new Sofitel (which is next door).

• Luxury King Room with Balcony and Pool View

The fact that the shower was broken and took 3 attempts to get someone to fix it and there were ants a little around

Loved the resort over all beautiful views

• Classic Room with Garden View

I am not Moroccan but my husband is. The ENTIRE trip the staff security was following him around and harassing him about if he actually had a room at the hotel or not. He would even show them our room key, but they still treated him like he was somehow a nuisance to me. Multiple times a day they would ask him questions like if he was just trying to score a date with me. We are already married?! At first I could kind of understand, but the more it happened after we were there a few days, it came off as discrimination almost. We paid good money to be there all the way from the US. Whether he is moroccan or not should have no part in the level of service we BOTH receive. Besides that, they charged $330 to our card when we arrived *without telling us! (It's not about the money, we can pay for it, it's that they did not tell us this until we looked at our bank statement the next day). They said it was so we didn't have to carry cash around with us. We didn't use all of it so we got a prorated refund, but we still did not appreciate this sudden charge. Also their drinks weren't very good either...

Bed was super comfy, right on the beach, pool was amazing.

• Classic Room with Garden View

I really did'nt like the way how some staff behaved as an example I asked for a margarita cocktail with double shot of tequila and the waiter got me a margarita pizza insted and when I repeated my self saing that it's the cocktail he said ok it's fine that the (waiter) will have to pay for the pizza with is not profecional at all for a Sofitel .on the other hand on my stay I was waked up with a havi noise at 5 in the morning from some dark gest screaming for a good 15 min I called the many times to complain but no one answers and I will said that G4 security I will give them a o out of 10

I really did enjoy the atmosphere and the decor

• Superior King Room with Garden View

3 Big issues: the security guards at the gate need to be better trained to act professionally and ethically. The parking space needs to be increased. The speed of service at the lobby coffe shop needs to improve

Excellent hotel

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Classic Room with Garden View

There wasn't any kids entertainment it was more for adults than children

It was great that the beach was a 2 second walk away from the hotel which was why we came to agadir it was so gorgeous the hotel I would say it was more for couples than family not much to do for children.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The room was ok, it might require some upgrades (old furniture), not enough space for storage or hanging cloths, no carpet, no complimentary coffee and tea available in the room... The pool is not heated, very cold even during summer The kid activities are very limited for 2 years old

The breakfast was great The check-in was good and smooth ( tea and Moroccan cookies served while waiting for the check in) We have been upgraded during our stay which is really good

• Premium Superior Twin Room with Pool View

Very dangerous ornements in the bedhead caused injury to us (couple and baby). Size of the room incompatible with a five stars hotel. No balcony, only dangerous and inaccessible window. Poor design of the rooms (old TV right on table, no enough space for a couple with a two years old baby). Baby crib blocked half of the room and was in a pity condition. Bulky closet with practically no drawer to put clothes in. High prices in the restaurant, not in line with the quality of the meals served. Breakfast finishes at 10:00 AM in August ! Transparent glaces between the bedroom and the bathroom, very disturbing during sleep time.

Location, beach direct access, private beach facilities, security and staff sufficient in number

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Everything is well maintaineda but the Hotel comes slowly into the years that it needs some renovation and replacement (f.e. the rinses at the toilets do not work properly and the surfaces have a few quirks, the parquet in the gym has some holes, the air conditioning does not work so well)

The staff of the hotel was super friendly, professional and always helpful. They did an excellent job. The hotel is well located and furnished. It's easy to park, direclty at the beach and enough space at the pool and beach. We love the beds over there.

• Luxury Double Room with Ocean View

Overall a disappointing stay. Nothing 5 star about this hotel, other than the price. The rooms are outdated (they call it 'traditional'), terribly lumpy mattress, food from previous guest in the fridge (old cheese) and when mentioned to the reception staff...they replied 'oh, really?' well take care of it but nothing. The price is extraordianary for what they offer, Euro 293 for 2 nights and Iftar buffet for 290 dirham (ca 29 euro) per person. Never again.

The location of the hotel is the best about it. The Iftar Buffet was good but far too expensive.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

All inclusive means that you can only have certain drinks and food from an all inclusive menu. The nicest restraunt/food in the hotel is only available to non-all inclusive guests.

Great room, lovely staff, big comfy bed, great spa treatments, lovely toiletries in the room. The staff are really friendly and helpfull. I had a great welcome .

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Service unworthy for a Sofitel, especially in the restoration section. Lots of staff but badly organized, this results in long waiting times, often wrong or forgotten orders. Household staff from 6am clearly audible in the hallways. Price quality a disappointment, however there is a big potential.

A beautiful hotel with taste for decoration. Food is quite expensive but refined. Pool area is pleasant and calm.

• Luxury King Room with Balcony and Pool View

Clients os So Lounge have to be kept out of hotel

I have been there few times but this stay was faboulase Much less girles fm the town in riad and Now much more better The prostitutes have a freeaccess but it looks is limited now So it eas great th u

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Staff is terrible on check in. Food sucks. Don't bother ordering anything from the pool bar area. We ordered a caesar salad and some mojitos and it was the worst thing ever. The drink was watery and the salad was worse than a McDonalds salad. The kids Mac n cheese was just ridiculous. Waste of money.

Location was fantastic. Pool area is really nice with large beds and lounges.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The service of the hotel staff i.e asked for face towels at reception and we were advised they would send someone to the room right away to gey whatever we needed - however nobody came! Also upon checkout they charged us a late checkout fee even having arranged late checkout prior to coming to the hotel. Pool staff could be morr attentive to customers that are actually paying for drinks and food.

The Mint tea was good on occasions

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Classic King Room with Garden View

We decided to go all inclusive on our second day after we realised food and drinks in the hotel would be expensive, and after taking a walk down the beach we realised other restaurants werent as close by as we were hoping. We felt a huge difference in the way that we were treated as soon as we had the wristbands on. Not that we were treated badly but obviously the cash paying customers are more inclined to constantly tip for everything and so the service was different. Especially around the pool where we were no longer looked after. The lunch menu is also smaller for all inclusive customers and the alcohol selection is limited. I suppose it's expected with all inclusive but it did get quite annoying as it wasn't cheap and we didn't feel as though we were getting a good deal.

Really relaxed atmosphere, the pool area was great! The hotel seemed quiet and there was always plenty of different spaces to relax in. Also the bed in our room was HUGE! And really comfortable. The food in the buffet hall was really nice, different choices each night. The chefs did a really good job! We were served every morning and evening by Driss who was extra helpful and polite, he knew our drinks order by the end of the week! :)

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Staff were really nice, specially at reception and at the pool. Really clean hotel and pool. Food was amazing. Good entertainment too! It's close to a big supermarket so it's handy

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Classic King Room with Garden View

One AC outlet in the whole room. Had to alternate charging among my laptop, tablet and mobile. If you only stay for one night, like I did, charging all my three devices really requires some effort!

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The cleaning not good and they steal my Lacoste's teshert and I complained aput it and natheing happened

Niac and quite niac sweming pool and good garden

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Classic King Room with Garden View

the toilet pressure around the whole hotel was extremely weak..... They could do with some rubbish bins around the area (could not find one around the pool area)

All the staff were very helpful and polite, especially the receptionist Meryan and the concierge Youseff. They helped us with everything we needed and any excursions we wanted to go on. The rental car facility at the hotel was also a big bonus and were at reasonable prices. The restaurants were also very tasty. If you're planning a relaxing holiday then this is the perfect place to stay with everything you need all located in one area.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Superior Suite

The internet was TERRIBLE, even after working with their IT guy, staff was not very attentive, even disinterested, would not go back there...

Outside property, bed comfort, breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

£500 got stolen from our room, think it was the cleaners but nothing got done, we also made a complaint and they weren't bothered as if it happens everyday Very bad, won't stay there ever again

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Luxury Double Room with Sea View

The staff are the real asset to this property. They are very helpful, kind and polite. Besides the staff the decor of the hotel and the whole atmosphere was very relaxed.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The toaster works very slow and you have to wait quite sometime to toast your bread. This of course is not a bid deal but it is the only thing i can think of at breakfast. Lunch is the best meal of all but it was the same menu for 3 days and i feel they could change it up a bit more. There is only one small pool that is heated so the bigger pool was not used by us or anyone else whilst we were there. The rooms were left clean but i noticed the bathtub and sinks were not cleaned as well as i expected. I also was disappointed when i asked for an empty glass to drink my bottled water in because the waiter just rinsed the glass with water. This is a a big deal as i do not drink alcohol and those glasses are used for a variety of drinks regularly. I should hope they do wash the dishes and glasses with more than just water. The outdoor showers are so cold that i never once saw anyone shower before going into the pool.

I liked the breakfast as you had a wide range of food to choose from and there was also frag fruit. Leila was always welcoming and friendly and she made the best crepes and eggs! The staff were always friendly and welcoming apart from a few. M Dani was amazing throughout our stay and he made us feel so welcome. The barbecue lunch we had was so good but they did not have another one and we went back to the same menu. The Kids Club staff were also so lovely and my children loved going there. They do need more toys but then again the activities they have going on daily keeps the children occupied. It is a beautiful place and we had a wonderful time. The beach and pool area are so relaxing.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Luxury King Room with Balcony and Pool View

Would like to have better info on what restaurants were open in the evening, together with the menu and price

Decor Moroccan. Food excellent. Staff very friendly and mostly multi lingual.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Luxury Double Room with Sea View

Some staff did not seem friendly. Running machines in the gym were not working and I was not made aware that I could access the other Sofitel's gym by staff.

The bed was comfy.. security is good. Nice decor for example flower arrangements

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The hotel is very tired and not well maintained. The public area carpets are filthy ...I could bear to walk on them with bare feet

Location was right on the beach. The staff are generally friendly and try hard but at breakfast they were less than efficient. The reception staff ..very helpful and friendly along with the door staff and security

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Although it was very warm, they had turned the AC to a heater. The room was too warm for this time of the year.

The environment is great. The staff are very pleasant and extremely efficient.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Hotel is a little bit worn out Not as clean in the room as expected

Very welcoming personnel Nice poolaera with comftable sun lounger Good food and excellent service Great offers for spa location at the beach

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Starting to look like it needs renovation in a couple of places but still would come back with no concerns

Beautiful hotel with great facilities in good location

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Quite expensive. Not much to do throughout the day. Wouldn't recommend to families with young children as it is very quiet. Quite a long walk on the promenade to any shops or bars. There is a small cafe on the promenade next to hotel, much cheaper than in the hotel and the food is very nice. Fresh fruit and lovely pastries. We ate breakfast there each morning as to avoid a large bill at the end of our stay, would highly recommend checking it out if you do stay in this hotel as it was a lovely little place.  Other than that the hotel was great.

After being in Marrakech for 7 nights myself and my partner (21 and 23) decided to spend 3 nights in Agadir. And we're very glad we did! We stayed at Sofitel on the beach front and it was absolutely beautiful. We really enjoyed our stay, it was so peaceful and relaxing and just what we needed to unwind after a mad (but very fun) 7 nights in Marrakech. The beach is lovely, you can literally order room service to your bed on the private beach! It was unreal. The bed in our room was out of this world, felt like we were sleeping on a cloud! Very quiet hotel but we enjoyed the peace. Food was great. Staff were very formal, quick and attentive. Very posh feel to the hotel. We enjoyed one evening in the courtyard of the hotel, drinking red wine and eating cheese whilst a gentleman played very chilled music. It was great! We may return in future, possibly for a relaxing weekend.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Called and asked the concierge and went down multiple times to get them to separate the beds. We waited and waited the first night called down and physically went down and then were too tired and just slept because nobody came until the next night. Unacceptable for paying to stay in the Sofitel that you can't get two beds. Food was okay. Wait staff didn't understand me when I spoke English. Travel to agadir a lot, will not stay at the Sofitel again for the price it is not worth it.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The service was relatively sloppy and the whole hotel was looking a little tired (e.g. chips in the paintwork and stains on the floor tiles). Overall this was a nice place to stay for a night but certainly not 5*. Having said that we paid 150 euro so that's not really 1st class 5* pricing I guess?

Good location, clean tidy, nice pool

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The bed and pillows were very poor quality. I didn't sleep well. The interior of the room was a bit outdated. Needs to be more modern with more comfy bed and a choice of pillows.

The location was excellent. Loved the fact it was on the beach front with a private beach section. All the staff were very helpful and friendly with excellent mannerism. The hotel itself was beautiful. A lot of places to sit and enjoy every part of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

nothing !! all was great

it s a great place !!! really i feel happy when i visit agadir and sofitel royal bay hotel . i feel comfort and i like all services

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The toilet flusher wasn't working properly. Not all the tv channels listed in the directory were functioning. The bathtub wasn't very clean at check in

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Every thing we was thinking that 5stars But if I book in one star it will be good than Sofitel agadir

The service very bad the menu not to much option The bed we was requesting normal bed for two persone me and my wife But they give us regroupment of to bed Really it's so so bed Never I come again It's last time

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Luxury King Room with Balcony and Pool View

Some slow responsiveness to our requests (but end up getting what we wanted)

Staff Pool Food esp. breakfast Activities for the kids (Kids villa) Landscape Access to beach

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Luxury King Room with Balcony and Pool View

Hospitality could have been better. Staff did not provide us with any information about the hotel facilities or about agadir (unlike the other hotels we visited in morocco). Typical big hotel vibe - if you want more personal service go to a riad or smaller hotel. Also food was overpriced and not very good!

bed was very comfortable. The seating options around the hotel for very good.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Breakfast was too expensive compared to other International five stars hotels including in the US and Canada. Also simple drinks like coffee and tea in the lobby area were overpriced.

the location of the hotel and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Upon arrival after a long commute from Casablanca I was tired and they kind of took long to get me to my room. Maybe I was so tired but If I really have to say, I would not come back to this hotel. The food is very expensive and not tasteful. Nothing special about the rooms, they are tiled up and you hear every little noise the people above you are making. You definitely have to get up early in this hotel because the cleaning ladies make a lot of noise cleaning . Hotel rooms need to be soundproof and carpeted,furniture update would be appreciated. Far from all restaurants, quite a long walk to marina about 30 mins and more. Overall you can find better.

Great staff, very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

no drinking water provided in the room until we asked no kettle to make tea or coffee when we asked they said its only for suites- queen bed was made of 2 single beds one of which was higher than the other 😬😬😄 they double charged my credit card and when I asked them to check they claimed it must be booking.com although the charge is from sofitel direct

nice location - good shisha

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect. We got an upgrade to a better room and everyone was so kind with us all the time. The breakfast was really good and the service was incredible. I recommend it for sure! The hotel is very traditional. They got us a driver to bring us to marrakech and when we wanted to go out they got us a driver that waited for us. I really recommend it, it is worth the price and the stay. Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Luxury Double Room with Sea View

There are no enough seats and towels by the pool and the beach, also the pool staff were always tricky when it comes to reserving seats for local people.

I liked the location and the quality of rooms and food.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Classic King Room with Garden View

The concerige were very helpful in making resturant recommendations. Being a female solo traveller, they even drove me to the restaurant and organised a lift back to the hotel.

• Classic King Room with Garden View

Friendly personal , Good Service best shisha in lounge i haver had:)

Browse Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay traveller photo gallery