Reviews of Novotel Monte-Carlo 3 stars

16 Bld Princesse Charlotte, Monte Carlo City Centre, 98000 Monte Carlo, Monaco

#7 of 16 hotels in Monte Carlo

• Superior Room

Some corners in the bathroom were dirty because of the water. We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel, but they invoiced it 2x. When I told them while checking out, they said it’s a standard thing. That sounded weird to me, what if we didn’t notice? So always check your invoice before paying!

Nice views Great pool Friendly staff

• Superior Room Garden Side

Was too expensive for a 3 start property it costed same as a five star Breakfast dishes were not labeled, I didn’t know what did he contained what. Exapmlpe sme dish contained pork and I didn’t know what to avoid therefore I hardly ate anything Access to bathroom shower was too tight and

Location and property in general

• Superior Room Garden Side

The paper cups in our room for our hot cups of tea were too thin, we definitely needed mugs. Unfortunately the staff told us breakfast finished at 10.30am, this was false information which we soon realised after the one night we stayed, we turned up at 10.05am to be told we had missed breakfast, we arrived at this time due to us having to rearrange a cancelled flight due to the French air strikes. Also, Monaco were setting up for the grand prix the week after so it was hard work to walk around the streets and harbour as they all had bollards around them. Its also a shame you cant see the harbour from the hotel.

The bed was very comfy, the room was nice and spacious for all of our luggage. We loved having a shower and a bath available. The balcony had a nice view of the pool. walking distance to the casino and the harbour. make sure your shoes are comfy as Monaco is quite steep to walk around

• Superior Room

Expensive for a *** hotel. Service in restaurant (dinner) VERY slow, not attentive. Buffet breakfast is very busy and chaotic at peak times.

Modern, practical hotel. No frills but clean and comfortable rooms. Good location. Underground parking (extra cost). Rooms on high floors have a view on the harbour.

• Superior Room

The bed was not so comfortable...and a few stains in the carpet...but other than that... we would stay again.

The location was great. The Staff was wonderful.the hotel overall was very lovely both the decore and smell. Great restaurant as well.

• Superior Room

In my check out there was not any vale for bring my car, and i dont know hwere is my car, in the reception lady told me that i should bring my car my selef and gave me oarking card, but told me thta i have only some minutes to take my car because oarking card will not be available after some minutes, i ran down, bearly 8-9 straies i went down, started to find my car and so on, why i have to run? If no vale, it should be easy for the clients!

Cleanless, some part of the staff

• Superior Room

Entry to the room difficult with luggage and a stroller due to the small space

Good breakfast, very friendly staff, quick room service. Everything arranged in a very practical way. Huge bed.

• Superior Room

I was aware that the check out time is before 12pm. However, there was someone knocking on the door at around 10am. I was taking a shower so the person just opened the door without asking or informing who she/he is but luckily I have put the keychain on. Then, that person just quickly shutted the door after stuck. An hour later, there was a cleaning woman knocked on my door again so I assumed that she is the one attempted to get into the room an hour ago. She cannot speak English so I could not communicate with her and have no clue what she wants. I tried to let her know that I still have not checked out ans it is still an hour left so she left. It is kind of weird experience tho. I stayed with Novotel before in different places but it is the first time facing this kind of cleaning service. Moreover, I am a girl travelling alone I chose Novotel because at first I thought I can be sure about my own safety. I would like to recommend cleaning team to inform the guest before getting in or when knocking the door. In the case that the guest is not ready to open the door so we know who knocking!

• Superior Room

I didn't like the fact that breakfast staff removed food on the dot of ten o'clock. If you arrive at ten to ten you should not feel you have arrived too late for breakfast and I watched bemused families with small children as they tried to serve themselves food before it vanished into the kitchen. I think it is reasonable to say to guests that breakfast finishes at ten, but if you are already in the restaurant and paying quite a lot for breakfast, then you should be able to have what you like before it is taken away.

I liked the location. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was excellent, having both a bath and a shower. The food at breakfast was very nice.

• Superior Room

Wish we had air conditioner in the room, we had to change the room coz there was not even a window in the first room given to us, it was bit too warm for us.

Breakfast served every morning was amazing. We had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and it was super amazing.

• Superior Room

I had a caesar salad at the restaurant on my last day of the trip and was really sick for the next two days.

I liked everything about the hotel, staff, rooms, pool, location etc....

• Superior Room

Carpet and walls were dirty. Iron couldn’t reach to end of ironing board and didn’t iron garment. Creases could still be clearly seen after ironing twice AND putting garment in steamy shower to try help! No sink in toilet. No mirror outside bathroom.

Staff were helpful

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view (3 Adults)

Spacious room with fantastic view of the harbor. Comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast. Everything is 5-star standard while it only have 3 stars? I have no clue, maybe the standard is a lot more higher in Monaco I guess..

• Superior Room

The room was dirty, it smelt like mould, after unpacking and returning to our room at the end of the day we discovered that the carpet was very wet and it had soaked our clothes and shoes that were left on the carpet. We called reception to come up and check why the carpet was so wet, we told them our stuff was soaking wet they told us they would come up within 10 minutes but never did. We had a very early check out and could not take it any further during our stay, Very disappointing.

The location was nice.

• Superior Room

Location is great! 5 mins walk from train station. Room size is more than enough to open 2 big luggages, bed is very comfy!!! Their staff were very friendly and helpful in answering all of our questions!

• Superior Room

Upon arriving in our room, we discovered a welcome note with champagne for my husband's birthday. It was a sweet gesture and we really appreciated it.

• Superior Room

Check in was inefficient. The room was cold and there was no blanket. The “music” in the bar was irritating.

the position near the station and Casino Square.

• Superior Room

No mirrors in the bedroom, only in the bathroom. Needed one in the bedroom.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Croissants were very good! Accommodation good.

• Superior Room

The food, staff, location, cleanliness of the rooms were excellent. But most importantly for us...they welcomed our dog. Thank you for your very accommodating pet policy. We will book with Accor hotels again.

• Superior Room Garden Side

I found it strange that here in Monaco there was no body lotion and no hair conditioner (usually there is a full set in Novotel bathrooms but here in Monaco I found that they're doing economy :))

With Novotel, you know what to expect. No matter in what part of the world you stay, the bed is great and you always sleep well, everything is clean, the food doesn't make you sick and you can concentrate on your work or travel experience.

• Superior Room

Room bad isolated against noise from neighbouring rooms. Walls vibrating/shaking (noisily) each time when neighbours closing doors - neighbours WC-flush as loud as own. Never experienced the like. Most unnerving when trying to sleep or being woken up during night by noise.

• Superior Room

For the money and this hotel being in Monaco it is very good value for money. Being a Novotel hotel it follow the company's standard, lay-out of room etc. Rich breakfast. As other Novotel hotel it is nothing special and nothing bad and good shelter for the night.

• Superior Room

The room was not very clean and furniture pretty simple. Minibar is empty and you need to call to order what you want. Our kids were thirsty and it took about half an hour to get some water.

Location is great. Bed was comfortable. The staff was nice. Parking.

• Superior Room

The room was noisy, was on the first floor. And over that the Hotel did’nt refund my booking on wrong dates even though i made another one to correct the dates with double the price.

Just being in Monaco

• Superior Room

very clean hotel, very nice staff, a good restaurant. the location was perfect and there is a parking with enough places , ni need to reserve before. the price for a night in the parking was 25 euros. for Monaco its quite good. if y have to return to Monaco I,ll return to this place.

• Superior Room

The bathroom needs a renovation and a real shower cabin.

Very good beds, breakfast and room space. However the bathroom needs a renovation and a real shower cabin.

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view

Upon my arrival, there was a problem on my reservation due a Turkish letter 'Ş' They said the reservation was canceled. A very long guy from reception, (and a VERY VERY RUDE one) said that it is not his problem but it is my problem. Being a person whom worked in Accor many years, I was choked from his reaction. Let me tell him that; if he feel able to say that it is not his problem to a paying guest whom came till his door, it means he is not fit for Tourism. When a guest has a problem, it is and must be also his problem and he must do whatever it takes to solve the guests problem in a calm and polite status. Thats what we learned in Accor in the years that we have worked... Then he stopped taking care of us. Thankfully there was a girl at the reception whom was very very calm and looked down deep into the problem and solved it... And gave us our rooms. Apparently the reservation was not canceled, but very long rude guy didn't even listen what we had to say about it... I believe he must be re oriented in Accor philosophy... Apart of that, the room is nice but the carpet on the floor and the balcony furniture need to be deeply cleaned. Housekeeping enters too much to the room, orchid watering, putting back orchid, checking mini bar, cleaning etc... But they do it politely.

The view from the balcony but at a very high cost

• Superior Room

Room forniture is quite old After mid night door is closed and you have to wait the receptionist to see you to open. To get to the Parking u need to go out. No bar service outside. No place to drink a coffee and smoke a cigar.

Perfume throughout corridors

• Superior Room

Very nice hotel in a great location especially if you come by car as they have a garage and the price is very reasonable. Spacious hotel with nice restaurant and excellent breakfast located within minutes by foot of Casino and shops.

• Superior Room Garden Side

The room wasn’t corresponding to the Images. The view was not according to the expectations (the receptionist clearly explained that view from an intermediate floor was better than the top floor...) the bed was very uncomfortable and with two separated mattresses! I asked for a king size bed and I found two bed separated: that’s not acceptable! Tap water was very smelly and the overall bathroom need a good renovation. The room service was very poor and it was very difficult to communicate with the staff in English. It was one of the worst experience in an hotel!!! I’ll definitely not come back.

The hotel position was great! Elevators were very efficient.

• Superior Room

I arrived on Christmas Eve, very hopeful and for my first time in Monaco I was incredibly optimistic. When I made it to the hotel the staff was distant, rude and overall cold. I realize that my French isn’t a lot to be desired, but it didn’t seem that was why they were so impersonable. Thinking that my check-in experience was just an unique moment, I looked forward to the bar and restaurant experience (I hadn’t eaten since getting on the train in Paris). I was told that the restaurant opened at 7:30pm so I changed and went to the bar to grab a few drinks before dinner. The bartender has a very similar attitude as the person I checked in with; he was cold, snobby, non talkative and distant. Once I ordered my drink he walked away and I didn’t see him for another 10min. Once I could find him again, flagged him down and got another drink. The staff spent a good portion of time chatting with one another. I asked about the dinner after about 2 glasses of wine, hoping to check out the menu prior to them opening. I got told that there was only one menu for Christmas Eve-and it was €130!!! I was shocked!!! I asked the bartender again if there was anything else I could order, he just shook his head and stared at me. I went to the front desk and checked with them about it too. A gentlemen who I had not interacted with yet advised me that because of the holidays they will only have the €130 dinner for the next two nights-he wasn’t as cold or rude, but he was borderline. I said I just wanted some food, he suggested some places-all but one, were a long ways away. He was indifferent to my issue, just restated the cost to eat at the hotel. I had had enough, I went online and checked into leaving early for Italy-the train a day early was expensive and an extra day at the hotel, all combined was still cheaper than two nights of eating dinner at the hotel. So I booked the train, canceled my other train and checked out first thing in the morning. Oh, the night of sleep!

There was not much I liked. It was a very poor experience with the room, staff and location.

• Superior Room

For a 500€ stay my card was pre-authorized for more than 900 € as a guarantee; never happen to me and that's the main reason why I will not book again this hotel. Rooms are very modest, definitely very far from what is expected at an average rate of 200€ per night. (Sometimes even more than that).

• Superior Room

Location, Location , Location very good access from train to center. Nice and clean. Heck the Monaco AS football team stays there, saw them too! Nice!

• Superior Room

The room was quite warm. I suspect they disable the air conditioning in the winter months, however this did little to abate the temperature inside.

While very expensive by general standards, the Novotel Monte Carlo is one of the cheapest you can get in Monaco. As you’d expect with this chain, the staff were excellent, multilingual and helpful. The hotel is very clean and looked after. It is located close to the main train station for ease of getting in and out.

• Superior Room

For my stay I had read the reviews and found them good. I had looked at the position on the map and found it good. I found it best value for money looking at quality v price. As luck would have it I bumped into the AS Monaco soccer team there during my stay, I guess that says what the locals think :)

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view (3 Adults)

Very minor item - The design of the room was a bit "complicated", making things feel a bit squished rather than open and airy. But the view, terrace and total space more than made up for that! Pitty it was winter!

The view from the room was fabulous - but we did "splurge" for the suite with terrace and view. Location was great - easy access to train station but also fairly close to the Casino and harbour. Small detail but the complementary Nespresso machine in the room was perfect before an early morning train! The suite was perfect for three of us - husband/wife and adult daughter. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Superior Room

It was nice to get an up grade without asking for it. It was great to have free water and tea at my disposal without paying for it.

I appreciated the quick check in and check out and getting a proper NON smoking room! Made all the difference for me.

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view

Would have been nice to have had robes in the room, as I had forgotten some comfy clothes to lounge in, but otherwise, it was a very comfortable Junior Suite.

The free minibar was a nice addition, and the view was great from our room on the 9th floor.

• Executive Room with Double Bed and a Sofa - Terrace

I had to pay for my drinks in the bar because they wouldn't put it on the room. First time ever.

Good breakfast and clean rooms, little fitness area but good equipment.

• Superior Room with Double Bed and Sofa

I paid almost double than my fiends, for an inferior room, with only 1 bottle of water for two people in the fridge. It was the first time I traveled on my birthday, and I did not get a congratulation or something from the hotel.

The weather was fantastic

• Superior Room

The noise was horrendous. The water smelled of rotten eggs. Could be sulphur. My eyes hurt, my teeth hurt and my brother had terrible stomach problems for the entire stay.

I enjoyed visiting my father and seeing old friends - that's about it!

• Superior Room

The temperature control in the room did not work and the bathroom sink kicked up a bit of an odour.

The beds were very comfortable and the location was perfect for the train station and Monte Carlo casino.

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view

Lots of uphill steep walking back and forwards to shops and restaurants

The junior suite was excellent, great views, huge room, comfortable huge bed, large shower and bath

• Superior Room

It was impossible to see the beautiful harbour even from the terrace on 7th floor.

reasonable stay near the station (walking for 5 minutes) near the bus stop and wonderful breakfast

• Superior Room

I got a handicap access room (although I had booked the room well in advance) and the bathroom was awkward.

The room was very quiet, both from the street and adjacent rooms.

• Superior Room Garden Side

Had a great stay. Room service was very good, although could have maybe had more selection. Room was perfect size and very comfortable with balcony overlooking the gardens and pool. Bar and restaurant area were modern and fresh looking, and breakfast was very good. Eggs were particularly good!

• Superior Room

The locations is perfect for us which coming by train. Within minutes walk from Gare de Monaco. The hotel also within 5 minutes to tourist office, the Casino, and Le Metropole

• Superior Room

The parking is a nightmare. we had an E class and the entrances were so tiny. the room was tiny but clean. The view was horrible,you are better off keeping the curtains closed. but we took the lowest rate room so I suppose thats what you get for such a low rate. there are no toothbrushes or any complimentary stuff in the bathroom except for one soap and one shampoo. very basic. no iron or slippers. There is coffee and water though. the bathroom is actually separated from the toilet. the toilet is all the way at the entrance and is extremely tiny and makes you uncomfortable since its so close to the hall outside. but all in all value for money is excellent.

the interior of the hotel is very modern and as soon as you walk in you will be in love with the design, the room however is not so modern but is practical and value for money is excellent. The bed is comfy and the room is perfect for business and short stays. Location is perfect. we actually walked to the coffee shops and enjoyed our stay all in all.

• Superior Room

If you don't speak French to certain employees on the phone (roomservice) they will just hang up.

The food is amazing. Best dinner we had was roomservice.

• Superior Room with Double Bed and Sofa

I was going to complain about the price for just one night, but i admit that it is Monaco so there is no complaining possible.

The beds were amazing. The sheets really soft. The room was spacious and perfect for the 3 of us. The concierge was very welcoming and the only thing missing was a champagne glass on arrival. Overall the location is priceless and the hotel has a very open and fresh vibe.

Room was very small for 3 people... You couldn't open the balcony door when the bed was out. The 3rd bed wasn't even out when we arrived and we had to call them to set the room up for 3 people e.g. more towels, gowns. Mysterious charges to rooms after check out as well, 30 Euros taken from my card without permission and with no explanation. I contacted the hotel directly to find out why they'd taken the money and nearly a month later, they still haven't replied.

Good location, great pool and free spa facilities. Very clean.

• Superior Room

Great location. Easy to get to from train station. Views were great from balcony. Staff were very informative in regards to where supermarket was, hop on off bus. Was a great experience.

• Superior Room

Hotel informs that they will accept Diners Club card but that's not true. Luckily I had two cards with me so I could pay with Mastercard debit card. In reception they tried to use couple of card machines but they didn't succeed to accept Diners club. Do not ever trust what they inform in hotel page. It was really negative issue for me as I wanted to use credit card in this reservation. In addition in my room couple of cigarettes were dumped to fitted carpet even if it should be non smoking room.

Breakfast was good and also location.

• Superior Room Garden Side

The park costs 25€/day even if it is used 10 minutes.... In the same parking there is a pubblic space in which the cost is split in hours. The room was clean, but I suggest a little renewed... Full price rate is too expensive for the service given.

Nice hotel, in a beautiful position. Nice view of the see from the 11th floor. Good breakfast, and nice staff

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view

Thought the extra money to pay for parking is excessive.Another 50 Euros on top of the expensive bill is far too much. I paid 875 dollars plus 25.95 for banking fees plus another 80 dollars for the extra person,then the parking fee of nearly 100 dollars make for an exceptionally costly two nights.Itcost me almost $1000 Australian

Breakfasts were wonderful. Cedric at the front desk particularly friendly.

• Superior Room

There was a mistake in the booking the kids were not accounted for and we had a very small cramped room. Especially regarding the price we paid

Location , staff, food

• Superior Room

The minibar only had water. TV placement in room a bit off to the side. The stool a bit worn. Just a tiny bit luxury would be nice in Monaco!;)

Great location near train station and 2 bus stops on either side of the hotel. Walk downhill and you are in Monte Carlo! Modern design, clean hotel. Very pleased with breakfast, wide variety, one of the best! In room - coffee & tea with kettle available.

• Superior Room

Finding the car-park a total nightmare :-(

One of the male staff went out of his way to help me, come with me to the car, and showed me where their car-park was, drove with me to the car-park and we parked up the car. The room was lovely, even have breakkie delivered to the room, for no extra charge.

• Superior Room

rooms and Hotel was pretty much as expected (no complaints was happy with that) but breakfast exceeded my expectations for a hotel of that category by far and was excellent!

• Superior Room

We forgot breakfast was included and missed the first morning before we realised, a reminder would have been nice but I know that was my fault

It was close to all the sights and the pool was nice to relax in after being out all day

• Superior Room

Food at the restaurant was very expensive for what it was. Bed was not very comfortable and seemed like a fold up sofa bed.

The staff were very friendly, pool was nice but small. Room was spacious with an excellent bathroom and in-room facilities.

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view

breakfast needed to have a bigger selection Also mini bar and hot drinks in the room to be more of a selection

the staff was excellent the hotel was brilliant defo go back again lovely pool facitlity must use it when I'm back again !

• Superior Room

Some staff at breakfast a little too eager to set up the tables for lunch. My partner and I went to get some food, we had left 2 full hot drinks on the table, less than 3 minutes later returned to the table having been completely cleared and the waiter wiping it down. When I said we were sitting there having breakfast and had full drinks that he'd taken away he seemed annoyed that he had to reset it for us! No apology made.

Comfortable room, everything easy to access. Car parking convenient though a little expensive as a hotel guest. Generally friendly, helpful staff.

• Superior Room

Reception staff not really helpful, pool should be open earlier

Easy access from hotel rooms to outdoor area, outdoor area was chilled really goood atmosphere, really good location close to everything in Monaco would definitely stay again

• Superior Room Garden Side

you pay 400/500 euro night and you take your luggage on airport trolley by yourself to the room!!! you make your breakfast eggs yourself!!! you have empty minibar Sometime they forget to set up your room Terrible service

• Superior Room

I had to cook my own eggs, not quite what I was expecting in an hotel (buffet style breakfast) broke my egg all the hot plate not a good start. I got the hang of it later and saw the funny side

Breakfast was good plenty of choice

• Superior Room Garden Side

bed was hard and not on a proper base, the pillows were awful. Not enough toiletries in bathroom.

the pool area was excellent, clean and comfortable and the life guard was very nice and polite. The pool was quite cold, could have been a bit warmer. good location, bit of a climb though. value for money. The hotel was very clean throughout. chiara was very helpful booking us a transfer from the airport.

• Superior Room

Be aware food & drink expensive but this is Monte Carlo so what do you expect.

The property was ideally placed for walking around Monte Carlo and seeing all the sights. After dropping our luggage off we parked our car in the car park directly behind the hotel- the hotel have a level for guests to use the rate was reasonable 50 euros for 2 days. We had breakfast included in our room rate which we ate outside in the pleasant weather each morning. The breakfast choice was the usual cereals, breads, pastries, fruit, yoghurt tea & coffee all served on a help your self basis. Pool area had sunbeds but the pool bar was closed due to it being the end of the season. The pool has buildings around it so as the sun moves around parts of the pool area become shaded during the day. The room we had was large, clean with a view of the city and we found the bed to be very comfortable.

- nothing to mention -

This 4 star hotel has a very good location in Monaco. The room is big, modern and very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful, in order to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The breakfast buffet has a great selection and is very tasty. The WiFi is free of charge and the connection stable. The hotel is a very good choice. I would stay there again.

• Superior Room with Double Bed and Sofa

We've stayed in other Novotel hotels that were better than this one. Empty minibar in the room without even a bottle of water (although there was a paper that told there should be one). Going to the hotel by car is a little tricky, especially when trying to find the parking. It is in a street besides the hotel which goes the opposite direction, so you have to go around until you find the entrance. Hotel not so close to the centre/old-town, but Casino is near.

Comfortable beds, good restaurant and excellent breakfast buffet.

• Superior Room

Room was cramped with child's cot and sofa bed pulled out! Tea and coffee in room was very poor.

Lovely pool, great Breakfast, clean comfortable room

• Junior suite with Double Bed and Sofa - Terrace and sea view (3 Adults)

Although this hotel is expensive (rooms/food/drinks), one should consider that all of Monaco is pretty pricey.

This hotel was unbelievable! We had the larger room on the top floor as there were 4 of us. The room was clean/super modern. We had a wrap around balcony with SUPERB views of Monaco. The pool and bar area by the pool was also nice. Some of the seating for the restaurant also funneled outside with a nice view of the pool. The location of this hotel is great as it was only 5 minutes walk from the train station and a 10 minute walk to the central casino area.

• Superior Room

The hotel wants to fool their clients with the parking. The price in the parking is 25 euros per day and at the hotel's level is 29 euros in the same parking. The hotel consider their clients to be as idiots. Just be aware, don't the ticket of the hotel! Rooms are very dirty Breakfast is absolutely not value for money The swimming pool is small and old

Location is nice.

• Superior Room

We would have appreciated directions to the car park being made explicit at the point of booking as it was incredibly hard to find.

Perfect location, convenient parking, easy access to the sights. Breakfast was varied and plentiful, well worth the price. We had a great stay!

• Superior Room

The pool was closed at 7pm to the big disappointment of the kids that were promised a swim all day. Reason was that the "Maître nageur" was leaving at 7pm and that the hotel had to have him....my answer to them, with the price you charge the guests, just hire one for 2 additional hours....also no soap and shampoo left in the shower area near the sauna.

Good location, value for money

Browse Novotel Monte-Carlo traveller photo gallery