Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Kolasin 4 stars

Mojkovačka 20, 81210 Kolašin, Montenegro

#8 of 14 hotels in Kolašin

This is all negative, there's just not enough space to fit it all in the negative section.

I booked a suite at the hotel because I wanted to have a hot tub. The junior suite was listed as having a hot tub and a bath on Booking.com. When I arrived and went to my room I found there was just a bath. I went to the front desk to ask if I had the right room. There were two managers there at the time and they handled my problem. They confirmed no rooms in the hotel have hot tubs despite the fact the property advertises this. This is when things went badly wrong. Instead of just admitting the Booking.com room description was wrong they chose to argue with me about it. Absurdly one of the managers started to tell me that all bath tubs are hot tubs once you add warm water to them so I did in fact have a hot tub in my room. I asked if I seriously needed to show them a dictionary or wikipedia description of a hot tub. I also asked why the room description listed both a hot tub and a bath if they are in fact the same thing. In the next moment of insanity, the manager actually responded that the bath in my room is a hot tub and the shower is a bath. I want to repeat this. The management of this hotel have such low standards of integrity, self respect and customer care they were literally ready to tell me a bath tub is a shower if that meant they could avoid admitting they had mis-sold the room. One of the managers asked me to step outside away from reception, I assume because they felt embarrassed by their own behavior. He then explained that as the hotel has a spa and the spa has a hot tub (I assume he did not mean a bath tub but who knows?) then the room description was referring to that. I asked why all the rooms don't have that description and also pointed out the room description and property description are totally separate. No answer. At this point I want to highlight that I work in the hotel industry in another country and thus I have extensive knowledge of how Booking.com works and hotel reservations in general. Continues...

I informed the manager of this early on in our conversation. He somehow thought it was a good idea to BS me in spite of this: He claimed he has no control over the listings on Booking.com and Marriott central reservations handle all of this. Marriott's channel manager and property management software control the pricing and availability of rooms. They have nothing to do with the descriptions listed on sales websites. I pointed this out to the guy and he went quiet because he knew I had caught him lying to me. He refused to refund me any money despite the fact I had just paid 113€ for a suite (in Montenegro) which lacked the facility that caused me to book that room. He offered me a buffet dinner on the house. It wasn't what I had planned but it was best I was going to get. Big mistake. Imagine the quality of food you would expect at a cheap all-you-can-eat restaurant. I have no idea how that is the restaurant of a Sheraton/Marriott hotel. Breakfast was slightly better but also not great: the coffee was instant coffee from a machine, and bad even at that: Basically undrinkable. Shortly after my front desk discussion the manager called me room and told me he was signed into Booking.com's back office and there was not hot tub listed and I should check my phone. I checked and there was still the hot tub listed. 10 minutes later is disappeared which is about the length of time an update to a property description takes to go through, so I am quite sure he just changed the description and pretended it was always like that. More to the point he had just told me he could not access the property's listing on Booking.com, and it did not even seem to bother him he was basically admitting he was lying. This hotel is run by people who don't even care if they obviously lie to guests. The best irony? The bath tub (sorry "hot tub"!) was broken anyway! It could not drain water out. And a light in the "suite" did not have a light bulb!

Hotel Soa stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Pillows were either too hard or too soft. Sleeping was therefore more difficult. No towels when we arrived which was a negative.

Friendly staff. Nice spaced room, modern looking. Great shower and bathroom. Free spa was small but great as you could pre-book an hour slot with privacy.

Staff was helpfull and friendly.

Spa was little untidy.

Staff was helpfull and friendly. Room was tidy and beds were really comfortable. Having a private parking was a great plus. Breakfast and dinner-buffet were very good.

Hotel is fine, but standard room is extremely small with too much furniture.
    • Standard Twin Room

- we had standard room and it is SMALL. very small and too much furniture for such small space. I'm quite small and it was literally impossible to pass the beds to get to another part of the room (see pic attached) I do not recommend to book this type of room unless you need to stay one day - there is no air-condition in the room and no ventilation, so during the day in summer it's hot and not really comfy in the room - we had windows to the front of the hotel (road) and it's quite noisy even during the night (and you have to sleep with open balcony door)

+ in general hotel is nice in terms of design, etc + breakfast is good (no fruits in season, but coffee is great) + beds are comfortable + supermarket is close + bar in lobby is good (you can get drinks/food at adequate price and it's good)

Not a hotel for summer!
    • Standard Twin Room

Room hot! They say that is a winter hotel when i ask for control temperature, Spa was closed durin operational hours, both days. Breakfast super oily and heavy and/or too sugary, coffee dispenser with instant coffee' Not a sheraton and/or international experience for sure Prefer local montenegrinian hospitality

Bed confortable but cover sheets too heavy for summer.

This hotel makes a great base for doing some trekking and exploring the nearby natural parks.
    • Standard Twin Room

The water in the hot tub was not very hot and there was no temperature control.

The hotel had a nice and cozy Alpine feel to it with a nice spa facility. The food and local draft in the bar were good.

The most comfortable beds in Montenegro.
    • Premium Double Room

The most comfortable beds in Montenegro. The hotel is modern, bright and welcoming. The staff speak excellent English and go the extra mile in terms of service.

Good location but not worth the price you pay!
    • Standard Twin Room

Very cosy atmosphere and some very nice pictures in the booking app, but ridiculously size bathrooms and bedrooms. Clean sheets and towels, but if your allergic to dust, you'd better opt for another hotel because the moquette flooring is very dirty. Be careful if you wish some privacy, mos of the rooms of this hotel are communicating rooms, and through the communication door, you have a huge gap through the doors where you can hear and see the other room!

Everything was excellent.
    • Premium Double Room

We stayed at 3th floor. We could hear all the noise from upstairs. We couldnt sleep too late bc noise was problem.

Everything was excellent. Room was clean, comfy. Staff is very friendly.

Excellent position, rooms were clean and quite ok

Asked for a vine service on my room(glasses only) They say;need to buy a bottle of vine to have that service. Very strange, I’m traveling every month twice or more but never got that answer.

Excellent position, rooms were clean and quite ok

Nice hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

There was a concert in a restaurant until midnight, it was really noisy and very unpleasant. Maybe hotel management should consider that if they organize loud events that the entire hotel hears, they should finish it at least by 11pm, but not 1am... some guests need silence at night... this in fact spoiled a lot my stay and entire impression.

Good hotel wilth pleasant facilities.

FREEZY
    • Standard Twin Room

There a lot of things could be better, We went there on 11 November. There werent heating, its not understandable that a hotel in November on Kolasin doesnt heat the rooms, also the food need a lot of improvement We ordered at the hotel for dinner some pasta the pasta came ICE COLD litteraly ICE COLD.

STAFF IS EXTREMELY KIND.

Breakfast was generous.
    • Standard Twin Room

WiFi was not strong enough in our room (last of the corridor), we could also hear the noise of the service elevator

Breakfast was generous. Spa was good. For the price, it is a good deal

Nice hotel, great bed.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not clean. Used towel from previous guests in the room. Food is ok but the risotto is just rice with vegetables, it's not a real risotto. Same for the ceasar salade. Mabye another chef in the kitchen solves the problem.

Bed supergood.

Excellent. We cancelled another stay and decided to stay 2 nights in this.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was extremely hot outside (38ºC) and the hotel doesn't have AC in Bedrooms, which is normal because is a ski resort oriented hotel, but with the advance of the climate change, could be useful to think about the option.

The hotel is a very confy 4 stars hotel in a Mountain area. It is modern and very new. Wooden style decorated with a wonderful spa and great rooms and breakfast.

Room was large, parking was easy.
    • Standard Twin Room

We stayed for three nights, and our room was not serviced at all in this time - bed not made, rubbish not collected etc. I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere where this does not happen. Not sure if this is normal practice or if our room was somehow overlooked.

Room was large, parking was easy.

Very good food at the restaurant, excellent breakfast with...
    • Standard Twin Room

The spa/sauna/fitness room opening hours were shorter than the ones written.

Very good food at the restaurant, excellent breakfast with lots of variety and fresh products. Fitness room is a bit small but enough to enjoy some exercises. Comfortable room with large bed, large desk and nice view on the mountains.

I did'nt like the booking way.
    • Standard Twin Room

I did'nt like the booking way. I booked from booking.com for the price 70 euro for one standard double room for 2 persons and, 2 hours latter the staff announced me that the price is not 70 euro for each room but 100 euro, because.........this was not fair.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

US-style hotel with wood lodge internal decor. Fine in summer, if it suits your journey and budget.

We visited for one night in summer and it was convenient for our road trip, but we couldn't find much of interest in Kolasin itself (we'd already had a wonderful time in the mountains in Zabljek/Durmitor, so didn't need any more national parks - however, there's a tourist hut across the road if you want to get more out of a stay than we managed). In winter, the main ski area is 8km or so up the road; not sure how they manage that (a brand new Westin hotel is scheduled to be built at the bottom of the slopes for 2019).

This hotel is modelled like a ski lodge, with lots of wood internally. The suite was lovely, as it had lots of seating for our family to meet in one sitting room (we had separate rooms). A room with two end-to-end single beds was comfortable and modern, with the wood scheme. Sauna and gym were compact; misunderstanding over opening times. Parking was close but not secure.

Good breakfast.
    • Standard Twin Room

We slept on the first floor. The chairs in the breakfast room at the 4th floor were so heavy we could hear them being moved in our room (from 7.00 am). 7.30 am is also a bit early to start vacuuming the hallway...

Good breakfast. Great Spa facilities. The massage was excellent.

Very good hotel with pleasant and helpful staff and all...
    • Standard Twin Room

Although the hotel is new there are a lot of "fragile" things (starting with railing at the entrance snd up to shaving mirror in the room which is falling off). Room cleaning is very very far from being ideal...

Very good hotel with pleasant and helpful staff and all necessary facilities, including playing room for children.

Good hotel, great room but breakfast is just ok.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast is ok. i asked for coffee and they didnt tell me the coffee is in extra charge. there is coffee for free but its not good. there isnt an air condition so if you there in august, it can be hot in the room.

Excelent location! the bed was very big and super Comfortable. the room is beautifull, very very clean and there is everything you need. the shower is great and there is hot water of course. the parking is big and available. , good wifi. in total experience i recommend this hotel!

Has great potential...
    • Premium Double Room

Breakfast was very meagre with little selection and not great quality. Service was very friendly but not professional. The hotel advertised "local craft beers" but it turns out not to be the case. The hotel bar has very limited range of drinks and cocktails. Room servicing did not turn up until after 16:30.

Hotel is in a convenient location and staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean but a little worn (as was bathroom and corridors). Checkin/checkout very efficient.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Our stay (1 night b&b) would recommend this hotel as it was pleasant clean and comfortable
    • Premium Double Room

Room was comfortable if lacking a little maintenance. Staff were friendly. Good selection of breakfast options

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great hotel at a nice location, service was excellent as is...
    • Standard Twin Room

Great hotel at a nice location, service was excellent as is expected. Everyone friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Helpful staff.
    • Premium Double Room

Rooms too small. SPA is not good for relaxing.

Helpful staff. Good bathroom. Nice design.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Room was quite small.

Room was quite small.

Good location.

Good location. Great breakfast

The room on the 3rd floor had lot of noise from the other...
    • Premium Double Room

The room on the 3rd floor had lot of noise from the other rooms and while preparing the breakfast I n the restaurant on the 4th floor.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Very good value for money.

The room is VERY small.

Clean and comfortable room. Good value for money

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Loved to stay in this hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Our room was a bit on the narrow side

This hotel meets the Swiss standards

Perfectly equipped hotel with friendly staff but small rooms
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms are a bit to small. It's difficult to move with so little space.

Great and very helpful staff, nice hot tub, rooms are cosy.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The breakfast was unexpected good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was very small, for 2 large beds.

The breakfast was unexpected good. There was two 1,6-1,8m wide and very comfortable beds in a room,

Every thing

Staff, atmosphere

Rooms much too small

Staff, atmosphere

Great place to stay for business or leisure
    • Standard Twin Room

Great hotel in the centre of Kolašin with amazingly friendly and helpful staff. All was great and I enjoyed my stay very much.

Food could be better

Food could be better

Great place.
    • Premium Double Room

Great place. Nothing to complain about

Very good 👍
    • Standard Twin Room

You could hear low noises from other rooms.

Everything was perfect, staff were so friendly, rooms very clean, spa was good too.

The room was extra small for 2 people and the price that I...
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was extra small for 2 people and the price that I paid was too much for this room

Location Foods

Dinner was nice
    • Standard Twin Room

Dinner was nice Good breakfast (eggs and bacon)

Extremely comfortable bed and great room

Extremely comfortable bed and great room

Nice hotel in beautiful nature
    • Standard Twin Room

Very nice hotel in very nice nature. Breakfast very good. Bed large and very comfortable.

Cleanliness

Cleanliness

Great place!
    • Standard Twin Room

This Hotel is super comfortable! Bed is huge and cozy, as the room itself. We enjoy this hotel a lot!

Ambience
    • Standard Twin Room

It should be air conditioned, to warm to stay in the room.

Ambience

Nice personal, a lot of necessary staff in room, huge bad,...
    • Standard Twin Room

Nice personal, a lot of necessary staff in room, huge bad, clear room, good quality of materials in interior

Superb place, very kind personnal...

All

Staff, place...all was perfect.

Starting point for a great weekend trip
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was ok, but not great. Wellness area is also good, but not very spacious.

Nice style of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Very comfortable bed, a great hotel in Kolasin as a base for...
    • Standard Twin Room

Very comfortable bed, a great hotel in Kolasin as a base for fishing in Montenegro. My stay was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

A good hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Please pay attantion that standart room has 2 separate beds that are one after the other....not near the other.

There are also 42 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.