Reviews of Maestral Resort & Casino 5 stars

Pržno bb, 85315 Sveti Stefan, Montenegro

#1 of 5 hotels in Sveti Stefan

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Maestral Resort is the best Hotel I’ve ever seen in Budva.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Maestral Resort is the best Hotel I’ve ever seen in Budva. I am coming to Budva once or twice in ever year and until I decided to stay in Maestral Resort in this time, I had good time in other hotels but not wonderful like in Maestral ! It was our anniversary and I did surprise to my husband and before go to the hotel I sent a message to ask a favor about a note from me to my husband. Actually, I was not sure at all whether the hotel will pay attention to this or not. After we came to the hotel and checked in when we went to the room ı was so surprised at least as much as my husband, cause the administration of the hotel prepared fruits, small snacks and champagne for us and also as I asked from them they prepared a note from me to my husband with a wonderful note card. Thıs was the most important detail which made me impressed cause the card was not an usual paper or handwritting, it was designed with gold ribbons and it was printed Version on a beautiful paper. Spa was really good and clean. Our room, bed were so comfortable. The view of our room was wonderful we rested on the balcony maybe for 2 ours while we are looking at nice sea view. The restaurant that we chose for 2nd night was chinese restaurant and I can say that the foods, service, atmosphere were amazing ! Normally I dont write a comment about my hotel experiences but thıs hotel definitely deserves best comments and compliments more than other hotels in budva ! Ozlem

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Fantastic Resort for a weekend away
    • Double Room with Garden View

The mini bar which is included on my reservation was in the room but the prices for it in a drawer above it out of sight. As I couldn't see the list and it states minbar on the reservation I assumed it was free.

Friendly and good service! Water and chocolates in the room and replenished couple times over a 1 night stay. The experience from arriving to leaving was that the hotel is of a high standard. The Maestral club restaurant was out of this world food wise and service exceptional. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever experienced. I wish I could buy it for back home!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great hotel, will stay here again!
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Sea View and September Package

Actually we can't think of anything we didn't like. Maybe they should imporove the service at the pool and beach, was not possible to order food or drinks. But because it was low season it made sense that there was not a lot staff on that moment.

EVERYTHING, great service, great and very clean rooms with great view, great food. In other words; everything. Staff was over the top helpfull and friendly. My wife planned my birthday while staying in this hotel, staff (Llugo) did everything to make it a great day.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Buffet food was good, however most of the time limited...
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Garden View and September Package

Buffet food was good, however most of the time limited choice of vegetarian meals and food was not always warm/hot. However this was the only downside.

***Unforgettable stay***
    • Double Room with Garden View

We can undoubtedly recommend this hotel as one of the best hotels on the Montenegrin coast by all means - exceptional view at every corner (not to mention private sandy beach and crystal clear water just in front of the hotel) perfectly set and comfortable accommodation, a variety of delicious food at the buffet, and finally, but equally important - the most friendly and helpful staff. All of them were incredibly kind and met each of our numerous requests, because we had a bit of celebration at the nearby restaurant and they were willing to help us so much more than we expected!! They have contributed greatly our entire stay to be really unforgettable.

First class hotel and first class location

Having to leave

We stayed at the Maestral for a week recently. From the second we walked through the doors on arrival to the second we walked out as we departed we had an amazing time. The hotel has been beautifully renovated. The staff were all so friendly. The rooms were fantastic as was the view of the pool, beach, clear waters and gorgeous mountains. The location was perfect with gorgeous tavernas serving fantastic food only s few steps away from the hotel. Budva old town is only a 10 minute taxi ride away and is definitely worth a visit, All in all a perfect holiday. Wouldn’t hesitate going back and would highly recommend to anyone

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Absolutely perfect hotel located on a stunning beachfront location
    • Double Room with Sea View

This hotel is exceptional in every way. It could easily be a design hotel as much thought has gone into the glamorous style yet it has a very comfortable and relaxed feel. The suites with the balcony are beautifully designed, with the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in. The suite we stayed in overlooked the most magnificent sea view. The facilities are immaculate and the service staff go over and above to ensure your stay and holiday is a memorable one. The Buffet breakfast was really delicious and fresh with lots of quality options. If you want to visit Sveti Stefan this is an excellent location as you walk through a serene trail and out to possibly the most gorgeous view in Montenegro. This is a rare 10/10 hotel. Go see for yourself!

Comfy & relaxing
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Summer Package

Smoking & cigars on beaches; smoking on the terrasa during breakfast & lunch; Italian kids playing noisy games on the lawns under the balconies & neighgours' late talks on the lawns. Security should check the hotel territory around and make sure there is no noise on the lawns after 11 p.m.

Charming location, clean sea, caring staff, excellent service, tasty food, comfy rooms & facilities.

Location was super.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Summer Package

Seems that the majority of the staff were not happy to serve the guests... busy preparing tables for breakfast before dinner was over. and although hotel was not full, they reserved the unoccupied front row beach beds and umbrellas for non existent guests . This situation was eventually solved by the hotel management.

Location was super... and the hotel,being new was 5 star

not worth the money and the time!
    • Double Room with Sea View

Check in experience was horrible. No proper room was ready. Most rooms smell cigarette. I had to move to another room in the afternoon. they said 1 hour, after 3 hours when they moved me, room still had house keeping in doing cleaning.

beds are very comfortable. Club restaurant both food wise and also staff wise is good. Eventhough general Manager was not at the property, Duty Manager dealt with the complain well.

The hotel rooms are of a high standard.
    • Double Room with Sea View

The buffet food for the evening meals was poor, unless you get there as soon as it is put out the food is very cold and does not taste nice. Very little choice as well. Only a handful of staff are attentive (the best waiter works in the day in the pool bar). The products in the bathroom (i.e shower gel) we’re not restocked once during our 4 day stay. The cleaners also knock once then enter the room (even if you’re still in bed) every morning around 8:30 to clean the room...so if you like a lie in put the do not disturb on.

The hotel rooms are of a high standard. We had a sea view room which I would recommend.

Nice personnel - especially, at the restaurant.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Wi-Fi was very slow, sometimes not working at all. Arrived after 3 p.m. - the room was still not available (previous guest did not check out in time), had to wait with a child for 1 hr in the bar - drinks were complimentary, though. Cleaning ladies often forgot something - e.g., put new soap & tissues. Had to ask to specifically mop the floor - default is vacuum-cleaning, which was not sufficient. There was an issue with lights (could not fully switch off), which we discovered before going to bed; called reception - repairmen promptly appeared; unfortunately, they fixed the problem only partly, so had to take the card out of the holder to switch the lights off completely; asked to fixed next day - were offered to choose between two other rooms (one next class higher) & relocate, which we did.

Nice personnel - especially, at the restaurant. Good food - both breakfast & dinner. Nice indoor & outdoor pool area. Nice view from sea-facing rooms and the restaurant. Quiet area. Cute village with nice restaurants nearby.

The best hotel in Montenegro!
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Easter Package

The hotel is just renovated. Rooms are new and well designed. Beautiful entrance and loby. The beach side is like always very nice. I want to emfasize that the quality of food was amazing .. Congratulation to the new managment!

They didn’t let me have breakfast in slippers, I think it is...
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Easter Package

They didn’t let me have breakfast in slippers, I think it is not right because I feel comfortable in that and that is something that hotel should take care of, how guests feel..instead of approaching me and asking me to leave restaurant like I was naked not that I just had sleepers on me feets:) maybe it sounds like nonsense but that is the only thing that I didnt like there:)

A hotel with non working air conditions that has great facilities
    • Double Room with Sea View

I visited this site with my two infants. I paid for an executive double room and it was supposed to be a 5 star hotel. However we went i the room and the aircondition was not working while the temperature outside was -1C. I called the reception and they sent the bellboy in. H said that he will send somebody to fix the ac since he could not fogure out what was happening. The guy came in did something and said all good now, it works. However the air coming out was cold. I called again and they sent the guy again. After 10 min of “repairing” the ac he said it will not be working and that is why they will put us in a different room. We started repacking while ot was the time the vabies should eat and sleep and it was kind of chaotic. After packing we went to the other room which was better and bigger, HOWEVER THE AC WAS NOT WORKING AGAIN!!!!! The time was beyond late for the babies and we repacked and changed the room again. I was super polite and taking it easy despite the mayhem and asked the receptionist how is it possible this to happen in a 5 star hotel. Her answer was that she was sorry but she could not do anything about that since it was the maintenance people that were not doing their job.

The spa

Great beaches, and spa and gym
    • Double Room with Garden View

Check in staff was great. We were yelled at by the parking attendant for brining our belongings inside. Wifi was awful, and they have an option to pay 10.00 a day for better wifi. Didn't think that was overly friendly given the price per night, breakfast w/: good and staff at breakfast was good. I would t stay here again, its close to budva but not close enough. 40 euro cab ride from old town budva and only 10.00 on the way in. A lot of rooms were being renovated so it felt empty, and again for the price we didn't even get. After view.

Great beaches, and spa and gym

Nice hotel. Would stay again.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Service without smiles at some bars and breakfast. Beach bar closing at 5. Passport kept and not returned at checkout. They did however taxi them at their expense for the mistake.

Lovely rooms, reception friendly. Spa bath in room. Nice comfy sun loungers by pool.

The pool should be warmer
    • Double Room with Garden View

The pool should be warmer The first time I pay for the baby cot, the hotel is unfriendly for kids you should write in booking information, this information we read it in the room brochure that the hotel is unsecur for children under 12 years after we arrived

Superb
    • Double Room with Sea View

The restaurant was by far one of the absolute best I've ever tried at a hotel, the value you get, their great buffet was superb. The service exquisite, restaurantstaff who know what to do! The rooms are spacious. All of the Staff members were so helpful and kind. Great hotel that I gladly recommend!! Nice beds, clean rooms, fantastic view. Great massage at the spa. Hand down Perfect! Thank you everyone for making our stay just perfect!

I will be definitely back again in this great hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View

I like everything in Maestral hotel. Bed and pillows are exceptionally comfortabl. People working there are very nice and kind . Beach pool amazing !

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

a very good 5* hotel with a private beach, friendly staff...
    • Double Room with Sea View

a very good 5* hotel with a private beach, friendly staff and great facilities.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

• Double Room with Sea View

Location, private beach, facilities, breakfast, staff

The music.

Casino was not welcoming. The staff seemed very unhappy.

The music. The singers they hire were phenomenal.

Not Aman Sveti Stefan, but the best place to stay if you are not staying there.
    • Double Room with Sea View

It is still smokers’ friendly. Very bad for the kids. 19th century.

It is much better after renovation

Beautiful rooms, amazing staff, stunning service, and...
    • Double Room with Garden View

Beautiful rooms, amazing staff, stunning service, and excellent food!

Absolutely perfect
    • Duplex Suite with Park View

Absolutely perfect

Spotlessly clean, lovely beach .
    • Double Room with Sea View

Spotlessly clean, lovely beach .... incredible taxi service from hotel

Beach, location

Beach, location

Beautiful hotel
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Sea View and 1st of May Package

Beautiful hotel, well renovated, professional staff

Location and comfortable

Location and comfortable

Location, Atmosphere, lunch and breakfast
    • Double Room with Sea View

Bad acoustic and we hear a lot of door knockings from other rooms and the rooms are very small

Location, Atmosphere, lunch and breakfast

The SPA center

The lobby was too quiet

The SPA center

Probably the best value for money stay ever
    • Double Room with Sea View

No English tea bags(important for English)

Loved the hotel, everything was excellent.

Great View from the room, friendly staff, good food

Bathrooms are very small

Great View from the room, friendly staff, good food

Every thing was perfect!
    • Double Room with Sea View

Every thing was perfect!!!

Great Staff

Friendly and helpful Staff

It is not the same hotel as before
    • Double Room with Sea View

Very very slow and bad Internet . Breakfast very poor . Tiny rooms .

Location and the beach

There are also 22 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.