Reviews of Hotel Princess 4 stars

Jovana Tomasevica 59, 85000 Bar, Montenegro

#79 of 185 hotels in Bar

Read more- opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

A short one night stay on business, but will return and look forward to it
    • Single Room with Sea View

If I were to make any comment it would be to suggest the hotel provide hand/face cloths in the bathrooms and also a tissue box. I think rather than have soap dispensers in the bathroom and shower, toiletries would be a better option, but this is just my opinion.

To my limited knowledge the only reasonable hotel in Bar. The hotel itself is light and bright in an excellent location. Check in w<as simple process and friendly, I had an excellent room with a sea view, which was superb. I was only there for the one night, as I was visiting the construction of the new apartment complex being built some 200 meters away at Soho City as I had bought an apartment there. The evening buffet had plenty of choice, the staff were friendly and helpful even for self service. I enjoyed the view from my room as it overlooked the swimming pool, the sunset was picture postcard and I was able to watch the families walking along the promenade enjoying the last of the sun with laughing children an idyllic part of the world. Simple pleasures in life give the greatest enjoyment and here the hotel excelled. I will certainly return to the hotel with pleasure, it is bright and airy with all the amenities one could wish. An excellent buffet breakfast one of the best I have had in my visits to Montenegro.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Bar - the place-to-stay in Montenegro sea coast tour
    • Single Room with Park View

The shower did not function properly in the bathroom. The frontdesk clerk did hesitate to take for real my booking because of discounted price. Good to me that I had the booking confirmation in my email. He had to check several times.

The location is close to the center.

Location in Bar is excellent, right on the beach.

The room is a little outdated and smallish for a 4 star hotel. Small old flat screen tv. Not impressed with the desserts and non alcoholic drinks offered at breakfast and dinner.

Location in Bar is excellent, right on the beach. The sea view rooms offer excellent view. Pool and pool area is nice and clean with free sunbeds. Free umbrellas and sunbeds on the beach. Food is good, every night you have fish, chicken, pork and beef. A good selection of fruits.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great location for a stay in Bar.
    • Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The air conditioning was a little difficult to use and there was a strong smell of drains in the bathroom. The hotel has a policy of requiring 20€ in cash per towel used at the pool and the cash machine in the hotel was not working. The staff were very inflexible about this policy which caused us a lot of inconvenience. The pool outdoors is lovely but we could not enjoy it on account of the extremely loud music playing.

Beautiful indoor pool and great location next to the beach. Poolside bar was great value for money. Room was excellent - huge and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

An amazing hotel in a great location. A few maintenance issues.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The furniture was quite old, and the air conditioning pumped out smelly hot air. We ventilated the rooms by opening the patio doors, but as the temperature outside was in the high twenties even at night, this was not ideal. The sink in one bathroom drained straight onto the floor, and a large cockroach had to be disposed of from the other bathroom.

Hotel Princess was huge and very smart, with a massive lobby area complete with glass elevator and spectacular hanging decorations. Our room was upgraded for free to a full suite with large sitting room, separate bedroom, two bathrooms, two televisions. huge wardrobes, a large desk and two balconies with marvelous views over the sea as well as the hotel’s luxurious pool. The location was perfect and the two swimming pools lovely and spacious with plenty of sun beds and parasols. The sea was a few yards away, so you could walk straight from sun bed to sea. The whole town turns out to walk the promenade in the evening and we joined them. You have to visit the fantastic Orthodox cathedral over the road.

One night stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The price was too high to quality. The waiter in the swimming pool area didn’t speak English- so we tried to order drinks for us we couldn’t. We ask the guy who was working in hotel and around the pool- he helped us- thanks a lot once again. Without his help No drinks! Breaksfast - so for me and my Friend a bit boring and tasteless. Coffee disgusting! We tried three diffrent coffies - NO. On breakfast were a lot of thing but nothing to choose when you want to eat. We couldn’t even print our ticket on Sunday - reception is not working! At night was very loud in the room- because of wind outside- we couldn’t sleep.

Swimming-pool.

Five star hotel with two star rooms
    • Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The carpet on the floor of our room was revolting . Many large stains, one huge brown one which we covered with a towel .

It had an amazing pool complex with outdoor pool right across from beach and ocean with indoor pool glassed in. Room had beautiful view up the coast of sea and mountains . Restaurant overlooked the sea and sunsets were amazing . Convenient location , helpful staff

I just use it as quick stop while travelling from the capital to other coast resources.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was particularly below standards, I won't recommend for long stay. Breakfast has improved. I did not try the meals that in 2010 were very bad.

I've been already there some ten years ago and I knew pros and contras of the Hotel. The best improvement in 8 years has been the staff, both at the reception and on cleaning duty: I have to praise their honesty since they found immediately and gave me back a small bag I forgot in the (uncomfortable) safe in the room.

Location was great.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Unfortunately this hotel irritated me as soon as we entered - where the welcome sign should have been, there was instead a prominent sign forbiding food and drink bought in from outside. There are plenty of other signs to this effect around the hotel and in your room, so it's difficult to miss. It's not that you can't have food and drink in your room or common areas of the hotel, as you can eat and drink food/drink bought in the hotel anywhere. I know this is really petty, but it really hacked me off - the sign being so prominent (I totally understand why an hotel would try and enforce this rule). Please put a welcome sign at the entrance and make it the most prominent sign! Live music one night went on and on and on until the wee hours, which became less and less funny as we couldn't hear each other or the TV at 1pm so resorted to subtitles :-) however I was super impressed with the quality of the sound system - usually at that volume feedback becomes an issue!

Location was great. Room very well proportioned, a little dated but very large and a great sized terrace too with lovely sea view. Buffet breakfast was good

A pretty average stay, nothing special.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a large cockroach in our room. The breakfast wasn’t very nice. In general the hotel looked a bit tired.

Staff were helpful. The room was spacious and well equipped.

Loved it! - Everything great: a little old and used but super comfortable: An enjoyable experience!
    • Single Room with Park View

Bad coffee at breakfast! Get a decent, new coffee maker or machine! Everything else good.

Recommended! Nice reception girls and friendly greeting, :-) room: Big; a little old/worn BUT…very comfy,clean and pleasant with a small decent balcony (mine with park view) plus a big mirror etc. bed: Comfy bed! Clean, decent air-con, many sockets, good tv channels, all facilities, all working,nice lighting and good blackout curtains. VERY CLEAN indoor AND outdoor swimming pools looking onto attractive beach, sauna, steam room, fitness centre, etc. Beach 20m away. In good restaurant, breakfast was good and there was also a super buffet dinner available for €13. Free parking outside hotel.

Nice view of the water
    • Double or Twin Room

No way to reach the airport without a Taxi for 150 Kuna. We had hoped to take a regional bus... too infrequent. Why not organize a shuttle bus for hotel passengers? Also, we rented a car through the hotel and were very disappointed - old, dirty, had a bad smell. Waste of money. Expected more from this service.

Recommended for those wanting close access to the beach!
    • Single Room with Park View

- There was music playing in the hallways, which you couldn't hear when you're in the room but I found that slightly odd. - The carpets in my room were old, judging by the stains - the only thing I found at fault with the room. - My room didn't have a double bed, but rather two singles pushed together, which didn't make a difference to me as I was alone but its worth mentioning.

- I had a room with a fantastic sea view, it was great hearing the waves coming at night (if that's not your thing then the balcony doors shut out the noise). The room was clean with all appropriate amenities. I picked it because I required train travel early the next day - it took less than 10 minutes by taxi. - I wanted close access to the beach and I got exactly that. - The hotel is also close to a supermarket and smaller shops, alongside St. Jovan Vladimir's Temple which was ridiculously close. If you're travelling from Kotor via bus to get there then the second to last stop lets you out literally around the corner from the hotel. - The staff were very nice and helpful - they knew I was leaving early the next day before check-out time and called me a taxi, alongside packing some lunch for me to take which I thought was very considerate.

Lacking some features of a 4* hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The mini bar had some items that were well beyond expiry date. No bathrobes available in the room. The worse was, a double bed means 2 single beds pushed together, the gap kept opening up, so sleeping for a couple is a lonely experience.

The room and bathroom were a comfortable size. Breakfast was good and a great location to start off your day.

The hotel is big, clean and not pretentious.
    • Single Room with Park View

The hotel is big, clean and not pretentious. It has gorgeous sea views at the back of the hotel and looks over a park at the front. The front desk was very helpful when I arrived as Booking.com had, by mistake, cancelled my booking. The receptionist sorted it out immediately. She arranged for me to have a food pack as I was leaving very early. My room was spacious, well appointed - no frills. Perfect.

Great location, service, and value for your money.
    • Single Room with Side Sea View

They probably can open the pool from May 1 instead of June 1. Also I was not a fan of the signs everywhere that reminded you outside food and drink is not allowed in the hotel. I mean I get you're not supposed to take food from the restaurant and they want to make money off of booze but I felt weird sneaking supermarket-bought fruit and water into my room.

The staff was friendly and the location is excellent. It is a great value for your money.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Nice inside pool, great view from the breakfast terrace,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Shame you have to pay extra for the steam, loud music at night (didn't figure out where in the hotel it was coming from)

Nice inside pool, great view from the breakfast terrace, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

I returned the next day because of the nice atmosphere.
    • Single Room with Sea View

the fact that you have to pay 10 Euro to use the sauna is somewhat strange, why not let all guests pay 1 Euro extra per night and make the spa complementary? lobby was a bit empty and somber. the bar as well although the staff was friendly and helpful.

Sauna is brilliant and nice. very relaxing. view on the sea is also magnificent. staff was friendly and respectfull, parking was easy.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Excellent coffee.
    • Single Room with Park View

Excellent coffee. Also they allow me, for late checkout for free. Price is very good for such a hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Great location, good breakfast.

Great location, good breakfast.

Good for kocation and beach
    • Double or Twin Room

During the breackfast some spoons and forks was durty. Wifi internet was a bit slow

Location good. Rooms comfortable. Beach.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The price was not matching the service
    • Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The price was not matching the service The rooms washrooms were damaged Breakfast was poor

Climatisation!
    • Double or Twin Room

Climatisation!!!!! At 10pm they turn it off... and rapidly you have 27C in the room.

Location, swimming pool, good spot to watch the sunset.
    • Double or Twin Room

In the need of an update. Carpets replacement in most areas, not just rooms.

Location, swimming pool, good spot to watch the sunset.

Very good hotel in Bar

Gaeden

beautiful sea view with comfy room
    • Single Room with Sea View

Fabulous sea view and quiet hotel very close to the train and bus stations. very comfy and clean room and the food was lovely.

I ll book it again.
    • Single Room with Park View

This time food was not very good.

Ljubazno osoblje,veoma cista soba,najtopliji bazen . Preporuka za djecu.

Excellent hotel, very clean, modern rooms and very friendly...
    • Single Room with Park View

Excellent hotel, very clean, modern rooms and very friendly staff. Perfect hotel for work and leisure !

Friendly people

Old

Clean, close to beach

The location, the room.

The location, the room.

Good bad, nice inside and outside pools, very pleasent staff...
    • Double or Twin Room

Old hotel. It is necessary to renovate it.

Good bad, nice inside and outside pools, very pleasent staff, food not bad. Bathroom was renovated

Nice hotel , always book via booking

-nice bed

Location is good

Cleaning was too late

View from the balcony

Good hotel near the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I wish it would be more help from the staff with luggage

Nice hotel. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

value for money can be improved

breakfast

position

Real 4 star in Podgorica
    • Single Room with Side Sea View

breakfast should get a new version

nice view of the sea and port, right of the main road, huge parking

The staff was so friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The staff was so friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

This was the second time I'd stayed here.

This was the second time I'd stayed here. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the staff helpful. The room was a decent size with a very large double bed in it. I would certainly stay here again if I was visiting Bar again.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Hotel is nice.

No information on booking regarding extra cost for SPA. The carpet was not very clean. Low quality of the meet products at breakfast. The beach looks totally unprepared for the next season and has only small stones. Poor quality WiFi.

Hotel is nice. The promenada looks very nice.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Very comfortable beds

One improvement would be to have a place to put your used towels and gowns in the sauna area.

Very comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Excellent location, staff very professional, good breakfast.

Level of noise regarding the air condition

Excellent location, staff very professional, good breakfast.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.