Reviews of Hotel Vardar 4 stars

#9 of 29 hotels in Kotor

9.8

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Pleasant stay!

As the hotel is in the old town, i could not open a window, it was too noisy at nights and late evenings. Also the bed pillows were too high, but the hotel solved this problem immediately.

Good service, good breakfast, very clean and the room was quit big. The staff at the reception was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Luxury in a Citadel

No complaints.

Everything!! The room was spacious and the bed was the most comfortable out of any place we stayed on our holiday. Also, the staff was excellent!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Great location in the heart of old Kotor

The parking was not free (10Euro/night) and quite far from the hotel... I had to park outside the walls, walk to the reception, get a card for the parking lot, drop the luggage and my wife at the old city gate, drive to parking and walk back to tkae the luggage to the hotel for check in... and vice versa at check-out While I understand this is the price of staying within the old city walls is walking in and out, the burden was significant...

Location is fantastic... we could walk in the old city, take breaks back into our room and go out again without the hassle of transportation. Breakfast was the best we had in Montenegro, and staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

I'd give it a B

There was no hot water in the shower. Although the water was not cold, it was at best only slightly luke warm. We notified the manager, but the water remained cool for both days we were there. Breakfast was included but was disappointing.

The location was ideal and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was quite spacious and very comfortable. Parking was nearby and very reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

P&C Vacation

Bad smell from the bathroom.

Location fantastic. Staff were excellent. Breakfast good selection. Super friendly with a disabled wife taking us ti and from the car park to our room. Right in the heart of the old town of Kotor. Everything on your doorstep

Wonderful location and friendly staff but it lacks some as a four star hotel.

Although it is a four star hotel, the room missed some amenities such as conditioner, tissue paper, or small shower towels. Welcome water came at the day we left. One of the window didn't close properly and so did one of the curtains. (The window was fixed promptly.) My reservation of the junior suite said the room has the balcony but actually it didn't.

Its location is great and staff members are really friendly and hard working. The service is good.

Great choice of accommodation for soaking up the atmosphere of Kotor which is a beautiful place.

Wasn't sure where to park on arrival but our fault as we hadn't asked in advance! The payingh carpark is quite convenient for hotel but be preapred to wheel suitcases along the street.

Excellent place to stay in Kotor. Good spread at breakfast and helpful staff.

A Jewel Box

The drain in one of our bathroom sinks in our junior suite was backed up, but I can only imagine how hard it is to keep track of the plumbing in these old buildings. It was fixed immediately.

This is such a sweet hotel in the most wonderful location. We loved the outdoor cafe and it was nice to have the gym facility. Beds were super comfortable. The people working at the hotel are very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very good and I will recommend hotel vardar

The carnival and loud music on the second night went to about 2am and could not sleep .

The room was big and comfortable, the position of the hotel also very good

Great location right in the heart of the old town.

We struggled to find anywhere to park. I understand that the property is in the old town and cars are not allowed there but it was advertised as having parking (I used this in my search) and only after booking and on my arrival did I learn that although I had requested parking there wasn't any.

Great location right in the heart of the old town.

Amazing Hotel!

Breakfast didnt have much variety

Every thing was perfect ... rooms were super clean ,location is amazing in the old town and close to entrance... staff were very nice and extremely supportive

One night to kotor

I've been to kotor by car.. parking space should be included on the price of the room for a 4 star hotel ...

Everything was perfect...cosy room ,very clean and quiet....friendly staff...

Superb modern hotel, with spacious rooms and bathrooms.

Nothing at all to fault!

Superb modern hotel, with spacious rooms and bathrooms. Almost ostentatious! Amazingly varied and extensive buffet breakfast which surely would cost 20 Eur+ to walk into from outside. Much enjoyed our time here. Everything was perfect, although Kotor has become somewhat grasping and expensive in the last few years unfortunately and even this superb hotel can hardly be called good value.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

perfect location, excellent friendly staff, very comfortable and pleasant stay.

gym could use an update, just some more weights please and a bench that actually adjusts.

The location is perfect, just inside the walls of Kotor so very easy to move bags in and out to any vehicles. The staff is wonderful, so friendly and helpful, we were even given an upgrade. The breakfast is also really nice and more than you would expect.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The staff was very friendly and the hotel in general had a...

While we are very happy with our stay, there were a few things that took away from the otherwise near perfect experience. The airconditioning was very loud, the curtains would not close all the way, the toilet almost didn’t flush and during check out we had to pay our drinks in cash and the stay with a card which was an unnecessary hassle. We were also disappointed to learn that 20 out of the 50 images used on booking.com were not a part of the hotel. This, to me, felt like false advertising as the beach on the photos is not only 8km away but it’s also paid (€10) and no free shuttle is available. Nonetheless, both the beach and the restaurant (at 200m from the hotel) were a fantastic experience.

The staff was very friendly and the hotel in general had a luxurious feel. The rooms were spacious and the location of the hotel as well as the breakfast were simply superb.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Modern hotel but damp room

Bed wasn’t comfy Room smelt damp and was very dark - very little natural light and no mountain view Receptionist was not very helpful

Perfect room with clean and nice bathroom.

It’s almost impossible to turn on the light brighter. But it’s not so important thing.

Perfect room with clean and nice bathroom. Good and tasty breakfast.

That hotel made my trip to Kotor unforgettable.

All was fantastic.

I would say that the hotel is centrally located with a very good restaurant in front of it. The room was fantastic, very quiet at night, very clean and comfy. I would recommend the hotel to all tourists who visit Kotor.

Fantastic, highly recommended, thank you for a wonderful stay.

Fantastic service, they even delivered a bottle of champagne to our room as a birthday surprise! Best hotel we've stayed in and we have travelled a lot. Highly recommended.

Absolute Perfection Hotel Vardar

EVERYTHING- the staff were so welcoming. We were on our honeymoon and they were so delighted for us. They brought up Champaign to the room ❤️. The room was magnificent. Bedroom; toilet room shower room walk in wardrobe.. beautiful view from the window and smack bang in the center of beautiful kotor. It’s a timeless piece of the world where you can loose yourself all day long. Hotel Vardar made our stay absolutely perfect 👌

We are honeymooners, Without a doubt, one of the favorite...

We are honeymooners, Without a doubt, one of the favorite hotels, We stayed during our time in Montenegro! Upon arrival, we were warmly welcomed by the staff and general manager. The staff was extremely friendly, the restaurant very flexible (appreciate this!). We had great evenings here, which obviously also added up to the experience. The staff are such warm personalities and highly motivated (recommendable!). We truly enjoyed our stay. The place was beautiful and it was a relief to walk in such a nice and peaceful environment. Note, the atmosphere is so special that it really felt like home to us. All respect for the staff especially Katrina who does a great job here; a true sample of excellent hospitality! Thank you, will recommend it to all Jordanians and all friends across the world.

We had a relaxing stay and the hotel was located in the heart of the old city

Saturday night was very noisy as there was a night club near by.

The hotel was on the main square of the old town making it very easy to access all the places we wanted to see.

Only wish we had have stayed longer in that beautiful location

Location fantastic staff helpful and friendly the breakfast was very enjoyable with a wide selection would recommend to any of my friends to stay at Vardar

We enjoyed our stay the hotel is in the old town so centrally located

Car parking instructions. It would be better if hotel wrote instructions regarding which car park to use as opposed to advising that you ring near to arrival.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room facilities excellent lovely shower and comfortable bed. Breakfast also very good.

Our room was spacey and clean with nice view from the...

Parking space is little bit far from the hotel

Our room was spacey and clean with nice view from the balcony. The hotel located just in front of the main gate. Friendly staffs.

Very good.

If only there are more sitting customers outside of the hotel. The white wicker chairs and table look grand but could be a little intimidating. I would suggest if chairs like the ones the next door restaurants have are in place probably more customers will feel more welcome and could settle well, plus will bring extra tourists to the hotel. Also they (chairs) should be arranged facing the town façade not clamp together.

Right in the Old Town Kotor. Just the perfect hotel to stay in. Comfortable and classy.

Everything was great other then the fact that I had to pay...

Everything was great other then the fact that I had to pay for a coffee when sitting outside in the courtyard, yet if i went into the dining area I could have coffee for free.

It suited my needs, no complaints

It was clean and the lounge downstairs and patio in front were really nice. The bartender mixed a couple of great drinks.

The best place to stay in Kotor!

What an amazing place to stay! The hotel is beautiful, just right in heart of the old town - I absolutely enjoyed my stay there! The staff was so lovely, they even organized a surprise for me for my birthday! Totally recommend, it is the best place to stay in Kotor!

Splendido !!!

Would be better if there's a bathtub.

Receptionists are all nice and very helpful. Room cleaning is also good. I asked for hot water to make tea in my room on the first night. They gave me hot water in a cup. It was enough. However, there were an el-kettle in my room next day. These small concern made me and my trip very happy/special. I want to say Thank you to all staff in this hotel.

Wonderful experience, as always!

Nothing. Everything was amazing!

We liked everything about Hotel Vardar so much, since our first booking it always stayed as our first and only choice in Kotor. First of all, Bojana and Gordana are really professional, kind and helpful. Location of the hotel is amazing, it’s few steps away from the main gate of Kotor. Atmosphere of the hotel is really elegant, without being artificial. And finally, food is really nice, try their omelettes during breakfast!

Wonderful hotel in an enchanting old town.

Noise from lobby.

Very spacious room. Large shower and bath facilities. Decent internet. Very comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast. Could not be in a better location - right in the heart of the old town.

The good quality of the hotel has ensured rest and the success of our stay!

You see, I am 70 years old and I like to travel a lot. But...I have health problems. Not often, I have met with an idea worth exploring by all hotels: A plastic stool/chair in the shower cabin. This way, I can sit and soap and wash easily. Similarly, installing a metallic, strong bar in the shower cabin helps a lot to older persons and most probably also prevents slipping and falling!!

Me and my friend enjoed our stay and will come again.

The Location ist more than perfect, the staff was very professional and polite , the breakfast was very good. I will recomend this Hotel to my friends and will come again. The Price was realy optimal.

Great location; nice rooms; good breakfast; pleasant staff.

You notice smoke odor when you walk into hotel, coming from nice large lounge and bar area; however rooms are smoke free and do not smell at all.

Excellent location; received upgrade; great large beautiful room with beautiful bathroom; good breakfast; Bojanna (hope I got her name right) at front desk was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Other staff pleasant also. Highly recommend this hotel. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Home from home!

Really top class hotel that runs like clockwork. Wonderful staff in reception who are best in the region and also in the restaurant. It feels like coming home. Nothing is too much trouble. A smile and a friendly welcome come naturally. Breakfast is a feast and more if you want to order whatever you desire. The rooms are extremely comfortable. The underfloor heating in the bathrooms is a delight. If you want to wake up in the fairytale town that is Kotor, don't look past Hotel Vardar to fulfill all your needs. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

Refreshing and peaceful

Nothing..

Great room, great breakfast, smiling faces..We loved the historical atmosphere. Waking up to the sounds of the bells was a wonderful experience. The bed was so comfy that we felt totally refreshed every morning when we wake up. The location of the hotel is also perfect; because it is very close to the main enterance of the Old Town. We hope to stay there again.

I felt as if I were with family.

The personnel. I had a medical emergency when I arrived. One of the personnel, Maja, arranged for all my medical needs and visited me in the hospital with food. She also arranged for a taxi to take me to Tirana. All the others working in the hotel were also great. I can add that the hotel’s croissants are superb. I plan to visit Kotor as soon as I physically can.

Elegant and comfortable.

Very comfortable room with beautiful bathroom. Staff very polite and helpful, particularly regarding parking arrangements. Tasty and varied breakfast.

Nice Location in the old town for a short stay

TV Chanel has no English problems ( as we could see) We were booked taxi with hotel reception return back to Dubrovnik old town and the Taxi bring us to Dubrovnik Airport. We told him we didn't want to go to Airport he said the hotel reception told him to go to the Airport and if go to the old town it should be 90€ instead of 70. We didn't accept it we paid him 80€. On the way from Dubrovnik to Kotor we booked Taxi by Booking.com and was cheaper and more poplite driver!

The hotel sitting in the good location, just behind the old town gate. The reception girl at the day we arrived was very friendly. Breakfast was ok it good enough for this price.

Nothing. I went to check in to find out they oversold the rooms and if I had not shown up probably they would have charged me the penalty. They sent me to another hotel but I felt cheated since I got confirmation that I had the room , they assure me they never got the request a

Most enjoyable value for money . Did the wall walk which is 1355 steps allow 2 hrs

Nothing !

Location right in the main area of the old town . Parking included in the room rate, which was about 500t away easy walk even with bags . This hotel had a lift very rare!!

Breakfast was excellent: high quality food, and also good...

Central location meant that we could hear church bells at night and some noise from the narrow streets (room was located at first floor, heading to square).

Breakfast was excellent: high quality food, and also good vegetarian options. Staff was nice and welcoming. Room was spacious and bed was comfy, bathroom luxurious with Etro's lovely toiletries. We had a private, highspeed wifi in our room.

Located near the main square where the entertainment lasted...

Located near the main square where the entertainment lasted until around midnight - it was very loud even with the window closed. It didn't bother me but may disturb others.

Comfortable hotel and top location in town!

The shower water did not get hot.

Very large room and bathroom; huge shower. Comfortable bed. Delicious breakfast. Absolute best location in town right inside the main gate. The hotel concierge got us a 10% discount at the Galeon restaurant (the best in town).

montenegro (and kotor) are stunning

lost my parking ticket - which despite being able to prove time in and out got charged a penalty

great location, right in old town on amazing kotor free parking (if you don't loose your parking ticket)

Perfect hotel in a beautiful little town

nothing.

We had a wonderful room that was sort of a 'bridge' above a pedestrian street that made for fun people watching. Breakfast was nice, hotel was very special.

Hotel Vardar was a very comfortable place to stay.

Something went pretty wrong with our key cards and we had to continue to get them fixed, I understand a problem once or even twice, but it happened many times. Also, we informed them of an early check out when we arrived however when we went to check out they said, quite rudely that we hadn't informed them and we couldn't check out even though we had a flight to catch.

Hotel Vardar was a very comfortable place to stay. The location was excellent right in the heart of Old Town Kotor and super easy to get to! The food was good enough and the service was excellent!

Welcoming and central for a visit to Bay of Kotor. You'll love it.

There was an odour from the bathroom drains but think this is more from the Kotor "old town" and not the hotel. Coffee at breakfast needs some work but we enjoyed ours (at a small cost) from the hotel bar (excellent coffee) sitting outside under the large umbrella watching the tour groups arrive through the main gate. A excellent way to start the day.

We were greeted and assisted so professionally on arrival it was a real pleasure after Dubrovnik. Room (with a view on the square and main gate) was excellent and so comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a reasonable selection of continental and cooked food on offer. Would like to get back there soon and will be recommending same to our friends

Great location, very nice rooms A+

1) Coffee at breakfast was really appalling. 2) Upon checkout there was some confusion about payment as I had pre-paid via Booking.com. They thought this was just a credit card authorisation and I had to prove the transaction had already been taken from my account.

Very nice appointed rooms in a great, easy to find location. Breakfast was good (except for the coffee!). Overall a great location.

Great location, wonderful staff, very comfortable

The staff did everything they could to help. When my family arrived feeling seriously unwell, the receptionist called the doctor, provided light snacks to get them back on the feet. I can only say good things about this hotel and the staff.

Despite the location I can't recommend Hotel Vardar.

Only 4 off site parking places for the whole hotel. It's not rocket science Mr Owner. The first 2 days cost me 40.9 Euro for parking. My room was too close to a night club and I got little sleep the first night, it also had a bad smell. After I complained they reluctantly changed my room. Breakfast was OK but the waiters in the restaurant area need a lesson in customer service.

Location could not be better

Fantastic location, fantastic staff polite and professional always

The drains would smell in the morning but I know that's not an issue that you can manage. Left the window open to get fresh air throughout the day so wasn't too much of a problem

Breakfast was good. Location was perfect. Room was a very good size. Receptionist was very helpful

Friendly staff, excellent location in stunning Kotor

Unfortunately, the room we had 202 was located close to a bar in the square and particularly Friday and Saturday the noise levels from the music were awful it went on till 2.00 in the morning and given that we walked all day in sweltering heat we were exhausted, but could not sleep.

The hotel staff were very friendly and any issue that we had was addressed immediately

Kotor was beautiful and hotel good base to explore area around Kotor bay

Only 3 parking spaces which were booked up. Local car parks charge 80 cents per hour. Had to find street parking 15 mins walk away. Nice walk but would have preferred some warning and more information on free parking availability around hotel.

Great location for Kotor centre Room was quiet, no noise from the street Helpful receptionists

Interesting place to stay, very busy when the cruse ships tipped off the passengers
    • Special Summer Offer - Standard Double Room with Summer Package

We did not understand when we booked that the deal of having a sun bed included in our stay by the sea, which wasn't cheap. That the beach was perhaps a 20 min car journey away from Kotor.

The only short coming was the way we were met, not clear on some details of our stay. After that, no problem.

Best place to stay in Kotor

All good, nothing to bad to say.

Staff were amazing. Always ready to help and assist as we had a 14 month child and they assisted us more than we expected. Place is clean, and very nice to stay. I would stay here again.

Outstanding service from hotel staff member made for a memorable stay

None.

Bojana Radulovic, a hotel staff member, went above and beyond to bandage a wound on my hand when I asked for a band aid. Such warm and attentive service is truly exceptional. Apart from that incident, Bojana was a radiant and cheerful presence whenever she was on duty.

Best hotel in Kotor

Amazing Hotel , if you're in Kotor u have to book in Vardar as it is the best hotel in Kotor. The view from the room was breathtaking and the suite was huge. Breakfast was amazing and the staff was incredible.The hotel is infront of the gates which is absolutely fantastic access to everywhere. Special thanks to Ivana she was adorable, amazing and made my stay at this hotel very special.

Great location in the old town;

My bedroom was very dark (but, to be fair, there is little space between the houses in the heart of the old town to let light into the rooms); breakfast was distinctly average.

Great location in the old town; nice lobby and terrace area outside

Excellent location

The parking instructions were not very clear at the beginning so was a little stressful especially due to heavy traffic

The location is unbeatable right in the centre of old town Kotor. The breakfast was delicious!

Noisy neighborhood, not "junior suite"

If you say "junior suite", I expect a room with a living-sitting area (that's actually the definition of it), which is not the case for this hotel. My "junior suite" was just a slightly big normal hotel room. There is a popular bar next door downstairs where DJ plays loud music, not inside the bar but outside (in an alley in front of the entrance to the bar) till very late at night. Even with ear plugs, I could not sleep for 3 nights till the bar closed. For the price, not worth it.

It's in the Old Town of Kotor. Very conveniently located. Reception staffs are very friendly and helpful. Room is clean and bed is comfortable.

Pretty noisy

Downside - next to hotel is a bar with extremely loud music from 8:00 p.m. until about 10:30/11:00 p.m. If a person is jet lagged and needs sleep at those hours - forget it! AC did not work. A prior review indicated the same. I believed it would have been corrected. It wasn't .

Location is wonderful - easy to find IN old town Kotor. Staff is awesome ! Rooms have an efficient, pleasing decor.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Perfect Stay

Only thing was parking was a bit far for the free parking 400 meters but Park across from wall unload for 1€ then park

LOCATION perfect, in the heart of Kotor inside the wall. We had dinner there both nights Sea Bass and it was excellent. Would love to stay there again..Do take a boat trip to the 2 islands the group one is only 15€ per person.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Beautiful Kotor!

Smoking in the old city.

They upgraded our room and it was very LOVELY. the front desk staff was exceptional. The breakfast was the BEST on our whole trip. The location in the old city is super cool! Close to walk up to the top of the castle for the amazing view!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Excellent apart from revellers outside.

On out 2nd night there was a very noisy club or something opposite our side window and the noise went on until 2am. The music quietened but the departing guests were noisy on their way home.

Loved the bedroom, though the bathroom was a little small. Everything else good

A wonderful place to stay

This is a wonderful place to stay. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The location is amazing. The hotel itself is stylish and comfortable, with a lovely atmosphere. We felt very lucky to stay here, and cannot wait to go back.

I love it ❤️

I stayed in room no 208. Absolutely loved staying in this hotel. The lady who is the hotel manager was extremely helpful in finding me a car to hire for my excursions all around. She was was one of the sweetest lady I have met. Plus the young girl Jovona at the reception was a delight to talk to . I would talk to her every evening after I got back from my trips and she was so sweet and friendly to talk to. I struck a chord with her and We often chatted together. She also recommended me a great restaurant nearby called Cessarica (l think?? ) which was perfect in every way. I would definitely love to stay here again if i go back.

Very central location with nicely appointed rooms

The hotel could offer food after 3pm would be a nice option but there is so much competition near by, so this may be the reason but the food they do offer is nice. Due to the closeness of the building in this historic place, there is 1 bar that plays heavy music until 1am at weekends, so, earplugs may help

The rooms are nicely appointed and some rooms are really big in size, the hotel were also willing to put a kettle into the room and really nice attentive staff. The breakfast had a nice selection and it was nice to see a selection of things to eat and they also serve food but stop at 3pm so no evening food options. I would go back anytime

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Wonderful experience--great staff, great location, great visit.

Noise from square--the tradeoff for location right on the main square.

Location, location, location. Wonderful experience. Staff pleasant and helpful. Close, watched parking--included in price. Great breakfast.

A great hotel in a great city!

Nothing everything was super

The hotel is great - rooms are super comfort, elegant decor and very clean. The breakfast had a large variety to choose from and everything tasty!! The staff at the reception were very very helpful and friendly. They help us with free parking which was next to the hotel. I recommend Hotel Vardar and Kotor wholehartedly.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Great Hotel

My only negative was the sauna and steaming room were out of service, but they were fixing them during our stay. The gym was very small with limited equipment and also out of service. But, take those away and you have a great hotel.

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. It's located in the old town and has free off site parking a short walk away. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They even helped with off site reservations upon our request. The room was very big with an excellent bathroom. Super Clean! They found out it was the wife's birthday and sent a complimentary bottle of champagne which was a great bottle.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Still the One!

Still probably the 1st choice in Kotor. Very comfortable and modern. Ivana in reception was very kind and welcoming and even went to the shop to collect some toiletries required. Very kind people.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

This was our second time coming to Vardar.

Nothing at all.

This was our second time coming to Vardar. Such a wonderful hotel and the location is perfect! The staff is really professional and helpful; especially Bojana was as wonderful as always! I highly recommend this place to everyone. Make sure you try their omelette at breakfast!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

History and luxury

I can't think of a single thing!

Luxurious accommodation that is value for money, right in the heart of the old town. Recently refurbished so you have all the modern conveniences in a beautiful heritage building overlooking the main square. Wonderful staff - super friendly, kind and helpful. The breakfast should not be missed! Traditional Balkan pastries and cheeses, and a variety of hearty food to fuel up on before climbing to the top of the Venetian fort!