Reviews of Hotel Continental 4 stars

bld. Aleksandar Makedonski bb, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia

#107 of 115 hotels in Skopje

5.6

• Suite

So many things. Felt cheated as I paid a 4 star hotel price but it felt more like a 2 star. I was amazed how it received an average rating of 7/10 and my experience was so bad I decided to cancel my 2nd night reservation and move elsewhere. Reception was slow, unresponsive and couldn't communicate well in English. I was given a poor room which was old and clearly needed repair in several areas. The list of defects and incidents: 1. The safe in the room was locked and therefore not able to be used. It took me 3 visits to reception and much chasing before they got me a safe in reception to store my valuables, which finally allowed me to venture out of the hotel. 2. Air-conditioning was not working at full capacity hence the room was very warm throughout my stay 3. Wash basin had a large crack; water pressure of the shower was very low and volatile. Sometimes it would go off completely whilst showering. 4. Wifi connection was poor. I had to sit myself next to the door to get any connection, and even then it was volatile and would go off every 15mins or so. 5. Bed linen had holes and were not very clean. 6. Confusion by staff over lunch. I requested to have lunch in the restaurant and I was told I could help myself to the buffet. After taking a plate of food, another waiter then informed me that the food wasnt for me, before I questioned a third waiter who said I could have the food (after he asked for my room number).

Hard to think of anything, other than the room had a bed and bathroom and a working TV.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nema mini bar

Komicija na sobata

Bad was not so comfortable

Room was clean and Hotel is close to the fair.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Nice staf, good breakfast, confortable room

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Cold in rooms, breakfast

Renovated rooms, view

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

my first time to suffer this terrible service and facility abroad. I even never believe this happened in Europe. I booked 12 rooms with reference of the pictures from the booking. However, the rooms they delivered was totally different with bad facilfity. What's worse is the service from the staff. I 200% not recommend to accomendate to live here. Of coure I will never either

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Hotel is currently under renovation, and I stayed at 5th floor, that has everything brand new. Room was great, big bed, everything very clean. Food was great, and the staff was very pleasant. When I come back to Skopje, I will stay again in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

WiFi, breakfast

Location, service

• Reviewed: 13 December 2015

Nice staff, good location from/to airport, parking, good food

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

Not too much to mention..

Nothing...

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.