Reviews of Hotel Beverly Plaza 4 stars

70-106 Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues, Macau, Macao

#50 of 67 hotels in Macau

• Classisc Deluxe King or Twin Room

The management and staff was very helpful, including the cleaning staff was super clean and efficient who found a few things we accidentally left behind before checkout. The location was excellent with a local supermarket 200M down the road open 24hrs. All the major casinos are walking distance. The room is really cozy and the bed was really comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Macau for business or pleasure.

• Superior Twin Room

They required a 1000 HKD deposit to be placed upon check-in. I have traveled to so many places, and stayed in so many different hotels, and never have I had to place a deposit that costs me more than the room rate. I would understand if the deposit was half of the room rate. The hotel management needs to bear in mind that not every traveler budgets double the amount of the room for their travels.

Liked the size and comfort of the room.

• Classisc Deluxe King or Twin Room

The swimming pool which is located in front of the reception, hence it lacks privacy. However the view is good at the rooftop.

The king size bed and the spaciousness of the room.

• Superior Twin Room

Was not happy with the CTS staff that I was dealing with. She had a very bad attitude. Their office is located at the ground floor of the hotel where I had to buy tickets for our trip to mainland. If not for her, it would have been a very pleasant stay.

Comfortable bed. Courteous and helpful hotel staff.

• Grand Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Check in was painful. Card machine wasn’t working properly, had to leave a deposit of MOP1000 that wasn’t mentioned to us beforehand, tried to order room service at 11pm and was told that the chef says that he isn’t working tonight because it’s Easter (the chef was there, if he wasn’t working he wouldn’t be at work - just pure laziness and taking advantage of language barriers), rooms and hallways smelled a little old and smokey. The pillows (we were each given only 1) were weird orthopedic memory foam type pillows that were hard as rocks and very unpleasant to sleep on. The breakfast buffet was very uninspiring, with no bacon.

The guy working the floor at the breakfast buffet was superb. Really awesome service from him. The hotel had a great location.

• Superior Twin Room

the front desk reception's service was really poor. my friend and i thought that all the receptionists seemed as if they were angry.

the hotel had a seperate heater and a smartphone 'handy' that we could use during the day

• Superior Twin Room

the hotel lobby is not pleasant, with stores and restaurant. room ceiling is low. room design is quite tacky.

the location is great. free shuttle from the hotel to Macau Ferry Terminal.

• Adjoining Twin Rooms

The photo look different from the actual hotel room as it was a different wing under renovation. My family especially the 2 kids were disappointed as they were looking forward to the room decoration as shown on the website.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The location is just 5min walk from the Grand Lisboa Hotel. I liked that they offer a free shuttle service from the hotel to the Ferry terminal. The room was newly renovated and spacious. The hotel staff was always friendly and could speak English. The payment is possible in different currencies like HKD, Macau Dollar, RMB or by credit card. I really cannot think about anything negative regarding this hotel.

• Superior Twin Room

Wi fi, very poor quality, Service , staff English very poor, not so easy to talk to them in case of any problems

Great Location, very close to everything

• Superior Twin Room

Didn't dislike anything, no pool , normally a must have but not necessary on this short break occasion.

Location, went to a sporting event, only meters away! Great staff. Great local food choices which is critical for me, loved Gerard Dubois's "Passion" restaurant about 500 meters away!

• Superior Twin Room

Charging HK$1,000 deposit not refunded immediately by credit card. Breakfast very average. No bacon.

Room and bed were very comfortable. Close to restaurants.

• Superior Twin Room

I was charged an incorrect rate. I booked via booking.com at a special offer but when at hotel was told they already charged my card and at full rate. Staff explained that they would do a refund when checking out. It felt very odd. On checking out, another staff showed me an amt that was to be charged (according to online booking rate) but didn't produce a receipt that showed the refunded amt. At the moment I am checking on my balances to make sure it's right but I am unhappy of this mess.

• Superior Twin Room

The hotel was a bit overpriced for how dated it is. The room smelled very musty, the windows were bolted shut, so there was no way to get fresh air in the room. We bought an air freshener. The laundry service prices were also way too expensive ($2 to wash a pair of socks!) all-in-all, it’s a decent location, but if your gonna pay that much for a hotel, opt to pay a little more and stay at one of the casinos.

The room was very large and the bathtub was definitely great.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

In 4-star hotel staff should be speaking English. When i called room service and start ordering in English, they hung up or i had to wait a couple of minutes to get someone who speaks English. Also, many times it happened that they didn't have this food i ordered and called me 3 times to change my order. Other than that, it was great.

I liked my spacious and clean room. Also, i liked the staff.

• Superior Twin Room

If only rice was served as one of the menu specially in Asia Difficult to order food by phone using English. The staff came to the room to check on menu I ordered by phone (to make sure).

The free upgrade room The unique and modern artistic interior design, spacious room, good view of the city specially at night, bathroom with bathtub and shower room (each has their own shower), quite, fast check in and out. And moreover, I enjoyed the variation of the breakfast menu.

• Superior Twin Room

Unfortunately i have been charged twice for staying one night. Before i arrived i paid with my credit card, however, i was then asked upon arrival to pay again. .

• Grand Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I had to stay here due to a typhoon taking out my electric and water, they tripled their prices. room was dirty and maid would forget water, clean towels. would not recommend. disappointed they took advantage of storm !

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The staff could not have been less helpful, the hotel did not have any water supply and what did the hotel do about this? Sell ten dollar bottles of water. Disgraceful. Of couse you find this out after they have your credit card information so you're paying top dollar for a room in which there is no water. Fantastic for the intense heat and humidity of Macau. Utterly ruined the trip.

Leaving ten minutes into our booking.

• Classisc Deluxe King or Twin Room

the classic delux is tastefully decorated , very confortable wtih good pillow and bed. the position allows to reach macao downtown in few minutes by walk meanwhile the main casinos are very closed to the hotel. very nice hotel with good quality - price.

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were a little rude. Especially the concierge. It appears please and thank you are not in their vocabulary.

Great location, and the room was large, clean, and well decorated.

• Superior Twin Room

If you book a smoking room online, remind them at check-in. They must fix the "closed" windows. They are actually still open a bit and all the sound from the street is pretty loud.

The bed was very comfy and the tv had some good English channels. Staff was pretty good! Location was good for sightseeing by walking!

• Superior Twin Room

My room key malfunctioned twice in three days (and you need it to work the elevators). Plus, the staff was not exactly very helpful if you happen to have any queries

Spacious, clean rooms

• Superior Twin Room

The room was recently upgraded so it was very comfortable. I loved the service as well. We had the 1st night stay complimentary as part of a Turbojet deal. When we checked in for the 2nd night, the staff gave us the same room so that we did not have to pack up and move our stuff.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The bed was as hard as a rock; sleeping on the floor would have probably been more comfy. After I shared this issue with the reception they changed my room which was nice of them. Staff had some problems to understand English and some of them spoke Chinese only. Room was a bit old but ok. You have to pay deposit upon check-in.

The hotel is situated in a central area surrounded by casinos, hotels, shops & restaurants. There were always taxis parked outside so it was easy to get transport. They had a smartphone in the room that you can carry around with you so you have Internet, maps and all the infos you need.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Classisc Deluxe King or Twin Room

good location, the staff are able to answer my questions and problem solving. Taxi stand located at the front door. 24 hours shops and restaurants are next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were quite rude, the room had stains all over, it was expensive for what we got. The room was old, clearly needs remodeling and had very little to do with the photos. They did not have any consideration for our preferences when booking. The shuttle from the airport took almost one hour to arrive, which you had to be waiting and looking for everywhere since they don't have a sign.

The location was good, close to the main casinos of the northen part of Macau as well as the tourist sites. However if we went again we would go to taipa (the southern part), it is far more beautiful but further from the historical part. The room was big.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The feee shuttle have a very long waiting time and taxi is hard to get in front of the hotel.

Very nice location and very accessible. very good bed. comforatble and the bathroom is very cozy. very clean and neat. will come back again with this hotel

• Superior Twin Room

The portable phone can't share WiFi which is not convenient.

Portable phone with Internet;size of room is big ;location is very good, so close to everywhere.

• Superior Twin Room

I had to ask to get my deposit back.

Located next to some fancy casinos including the Grand Lisboa, as well as a very central bus stop. Big room that came with a foot massager.

• Superior Twin Room

The moment you step out of the lift of the floor I was staying at, it smells of tobacco. The pillows and sheets smells of tobacco and it felt like I was sleeping a smoker. But by the time I got back to the hotel it was really late, so I didn't sleep with pillows

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Toilet locked at ground floor. Cts staff not friendly enough to give further information.

Comfortable bed,clean towel,great location & friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Staff behaviour was not good. I tried to order fruit platter via room service and staff just did not took my order and hanged the phone. When I tried to call again they did not pick it. The house keeping staff was good and they resolved the issue very fast.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Superior Twin Room

1. BED BUG! Our skin started to get a little bit itchy on the first night but never thought of it could be caused by a bed bug since this is a 4-star hotel. It then gets worse day by day and finally on the 3rd day, my leg is full of the redness and bites. I didn't get to speak to the hotel staff about this as only realized it is caused by bed bug after checked out and seek for the doctor! 2. Poor noise reducing. Noise disturbance at night is especially unappealing when the sounds along the corridor and walkway could be heard clearly. 3. Lighting in the room is quite dim and only yellow light available. The big wide window doesn't help much with the overall lighting. Not recommended for the traveler who would like a bright room.

1. The location is good and walking distance to Macau City. 2. The staff is attentive and response quickly to the request. However, keep in mind that some services attract charges and may not be complimentary. 3. Handphone is given and allow unlimited internet access. It comes handy however it doesn't support hotspot functions and may not be helpful if you are not willing to sign in your personal account with the machine given.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Adjoining Twin Rooms

We weren't told that we could enjoy discounts at the hotel restaurant as guests of the hotel .. we had our meals 3 times at the hotel chinese restaurant before we were informed [only through having a chat with one of the waiting staff there after we had paid for our third meal] that we could enjoy discounts off our meals .. they could have at least asked us if we were guests at the hotel when we asked for the bill.

Location of the Property was good.. 15-20 mins walk away from Senado Square, the Ruins of St Paul.

NIL....

1) Rate - value of money 2) Location - Opposite of Grand Lisboa, near to public bus stop 3) Room - Big size, clean, good view, bed comfort, quiet floor (level 11), have bath tub, kettle, free wifi. 4) Staff - Friendly, informative, good English communication , give extra 2 hours check out time (booked via booking.com), free room upgrade.

• Adjoining Family Rooms

The front desk were ridiculously rude, they did not double check our room and told us there were no reservation under my name. We were coming from Hong Kong, imagine if someone from abroad came all the way to stay and how would they feel.

I liked how there were a lot of shops around the hotel, we had a good time shopping around the city area.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Nothing much

This stay was actually booked for my family, the staffs service are excellent and fulfiled my requests prior their arrival and during their stay, above all, they provided unexpected surprise service upon their stay. Love it so much, keep it up. My suggestion that is to hire a lobby service assistance to control the lobby crowds, especially peak season.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Classisc Deluxe King or Twin Room

There are no extra leisure amenities such as pool and gym , but the cost of the room low.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The decoration is new. The location is close to Historic area in downtown Macao.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

They asked for 1000 mop deposit which been charged on my credit card, and the next day when we checked out, they informed us that I will get my deposit back on my credit card in 2 weeks time. Was very unhappy with this policy. They should have informed us in front about this so we could have given the deposit in cash instead.

We had an upgrade on room free of charge

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The bed was as hard as a cement slab! I couldn't sleep on it. A soft mattress topper would be a great improvement.

Good position. Room was large. Nice bathroom

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

the room charge was not the same when reserved from net; your booking .com told me the total room charge is HKD$4295.96, then when we check in the reception said when HKD convert to Macau money is $4425!!! never treated like this before; I will not recommend this hotel to anyone in the future. h

• Grand Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

In the room was smelling a bit of smoke, but gone after running AC. As an European I found breakfast OK, but I wouldn't mind more variety, especially of delicious Portuguese pastry ;-)

The location of hotel is THE BEST for walking to old part of the city and new casinos. Room was quite big. We could check-in at 12:00 :-) Very good WiFi with access to Google, YouTube, etc (nice change after China). Downstairs a nice coffee shop. Around many little shops and money exchange places - very convenient! Good choice for 1 or 2 nights.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Beds were quite hard, but this was pretty common for me in all the hotels in Macau/Hong Kong so it might be the standard. Room service was pricey so we didn't order it, and there was no cutlery at all in the room so if you plan to save money by buying cereal be sure to get some spoons too. View wasn't great during the day (but honestly it's Macau so most don't go for the great landscape) but at night you can see some of the bigger hotel/casino lights which is nice. The closest restaurant strip is hard to find and a good 15 minute walk from the hotel. There were some mildly dodgy people hanging around the strip towards the hotel, although we had nothing bad happen to us while we were there. The room did smell faintly of smoke, but coming from someone who hates the smell I still found it manageable. The room also did not look anything like the blue room shown in the pictures.

Not sure if we were upgraded to an executive suite or not, but our room was surprisingly luxurious with a tv bath, large shower and beds plus a very spacious room. Internet was pretty decent too. Staff at reception spoke okay English, but weren't that friendly. There is a supermarket about 5 minutes away which is nice. We arrived at the ferry terminal in Taipa and were able to take a free shuttle bus to the Wynn Macau and walk from there, since the Lisboa Hotel bus had stopped running. I did not see any of the hotel's shuttle buses so don't rely on these. Also realised on my last day in Macau that the hotel is very close to the ruins of St Paul so be sure to check that out whilst you're there.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

I stupidly booked this hotel 2 times over 3 nights as the description showed perfect for our stay, we booked the executive king with this offer: Guests are also entitled to: Private Check-in on the 16th floor reception
 Buffet breakfast and afternoon tea
 Refreshments in the Executive Lounge
 Free broadband internet access/Wi-Fi in room Out of the whole offer we only got breakfast buffet & free wifi, as we were told by the hotel management the advertise offer does not exist?!? Showed them the bookings.com website that was advertising their hotel (offer still being advertised), the managers basically states that they do not have any control how bookings.com advertise for the hotel?!? Therefore they're not responsible for this?? Spent my 1st night trying to get some decent response from either one of the parties, both offering very disappointing responses to resolve the situation. I paid for an executive room with non existing offer, Surely that's not right! Also the so call "executive lounge" operates only at breakfast time and no one is there any other time as it is clearly not set up as an executive lounge. The management of the hotel does not have a clue on customer service, my advise is do not stay at this hotel!! Very disappointing.

Nothing!! Not the hotel we thought we booked when we arrived!!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

I booked the executive king or twin room with this description: Guests are also entitled to: Private Check-in on the 16th floor reception
; Buffet breakfast and afternoon tea
; Refreshments in the Executive Lounge
 Free broadband internet access/Wi-Fi in room Arrived at the hotel to be told by the manager that the hotel does not offer this service, when I showed him the bookings.com website, they said they don't have control what bookings.com advertise?!? Wasted my 1st night trying to sort out the mess, still not reached a satisfactory result! So I basically paid for a package I did not get?!! So please do not get this offer as it does not exist although it's still being advertised here?!? The management of the hotel and bookings.com were unable to resolve this issue, resulting in a spoiled holiday!!! I strongly advise you not to stay here and do not trust the wording on bookings.com!!! Photos of the afternoon tea that my daughter & I had at the hotel which cost us $46 each, totally below standards as I could hear the staff heating up our buns in the microwave!?? Worst afternoon tea ever!!

Nothing! Do not stay here

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

We asked for non smoking room but we got the room which smelled cigarettes

We did not get the same catégorie of room that you promote in your web site.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bad wifi going on and off Long checkin/checkout Staff not speaking English very well Checkout 11am

Location ok, not too far from Lisboa and Senado square. The view from the room pretty nice with grand Lisboa in background. Tv in bathtub Free shuttle to go to ferry (but not from)

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

the bed too hard for me and it was like a bad smell in the room because u can not open the window

wi-fi good with a smartphone in the room it's verry usefull and u can make it a hotspot and take it with u everywere. big room, big restroom and good location

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Staff are very helpful inspite of less english communication,also they give me a surpise birthday gift a complimentar bottle of red wine. thank you hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

the front desk officers required me to pay the total amount(1,490HKD) despite the fact that the said amount was already debited of my card.and even after i have shown them the letter from my bank stating it was debited...and lastly,i was surprised i was asked for 1,000 HKD for deposit.it was not even stated beforehand...i have to shell out a total of 2,715HKD ....

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Anyway , be careful if you book the room for THREE adults because the first time they said it had just ONLY TWO SINGLE BEDS for 3 adults even in the booking.com show the photo of a Q.size bed + a single bed. And of course when I booked, I selected 3 adults and it's more expensive than a room for 2 adults. -----But the staff add an extra bed for me at the end. So that's fine, I just want to warn you about the shown photo and the condition.

Nice, friendly and helpful staff. Perfect location - walking distance to/from Grand Lisboa and Senado Square and also a local supermarket (face to the hotel, walk to the right hand side, not far. Also I recommended you to try crispy roasted belly pork at the 'Congee & Noodle' in the Grand Lisboa :)

• Adjoining Twin Rooms

The hotel is surrounded by casinos and night clubs which makes us feel unsafe.

We reserved two connecting rooms but were informed that the rooms were not available when checking in. Instead, they changed two new renovated rooms which are in "Portuguese" theme for us. The rooms are new and quite well facilitated.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Classisc Deluxe King or Twin Room

Even though the staff was helpful and in general very nice, some people could be a bit more friendly, so everyone can enjoy their stay at this amazing hotel. Prepare 1000 MOP for the deposit; would be very helpful if there was some kind of reminder about that when you're booking the hotel room.

Great and clean room (amazing bathroom), great location (you can catch any bus you want, the bus stops are very close), delicious breakfast, very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The design of our room was not as pictured in the photos, meaning that it gave a much darker feeling and a less enjoyable atmosphere than expected. Still it was very functional and comfortable.

Spacious rooms, great location, cleanliness above the average I have previously encountered in China and Hong Kong, the staff is fluent in english, responsive and flexible (they let us postpone check out beyond normal hours since it was possible). We got a very good deal andd payed around 600 HKD for a double room for one night. I would not buy the room at the full price though.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Actually im traveling with my cousin, overall the hotel was excellent in location, the comfort, the room was great were just had hard time communicating for some of the staff but i was happy we choose this hotel for our stay in Macau

• Superior Twin Room

Hotel located in convenient area with Clean, comfortable and large room

• Superior Twin Room

The ventilation of the room, full of cigarette smell

The price

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

staff could be more helpful

Like the Handy Mobile facility that they offer

Price

Clean and comfortable room

Near city

• Classisc Deluxe King or Twin Room

The bath towel were yellowish

The cleanliness need to be improved

everything

Room

Almost all

Lcation

• Grand Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Staff, lack of kindness, for that rate you can get much better hotel. Poor breakfast

Location, size of room

location good

Very nice and spacious

• Superior Twin Room

The pillow is too hard not comfortable at all.

Foot massage machine is very useful especially for us as a tourist walk a lot and really helpful to us.

• Superior Twin Room

Within walking distance to mid restaurants

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The place was very convenient. Near to so many hotels and it only takes a few minutes of walk going to the tourist spots like the ruins of St. Paul.

Amazing