Reviews of Emperor Hotel 3 stars

No. 51 Rua de Xangai, Macau, Macau, Macao

#58 of 67 hotels in Macau

Good place to stay as its a little cheaper as compared to nearby hotels in the area.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No complimentary water to the room of which I least expected to a hotel..

what I like about this hotel is its location to some of Macau's famous landmarks.

Decent value for your money.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was a construction inside the hotel which was very very loud everyday from around 10AM. I had to leave Macau earlier than I was planning to, and they refused to give me back my deposit because I was leaving the room earlier. They said I have to wait almost a full month to get it back or I can contact my bank.

Location is good. 5 minutes walk to the Wynn Casino, and a few mini markets, pharmacy and groceries shops around.

-Excellent location .
    • Family Suite

The room that I stayed in was just right beside the lift, soundproof was bad, could hear the lift sound and hotel guest chatting loudly outside. Couldn't really sleep because of the noise.

-Excellent location . -Room was clean and hotel provide complimentary drinks in fridge. - Fast check in and check out at reception.

My family's stay is the hotel is just fair; though the room is clean.
    • Family Suite

Promptness..The room is not yet ready when we arrived and waited after 1.5 hours to accommodate it..Organization in the reception is not poor; Don't know for which queue to go. Staff is quite hard to communicate with.

Basic room Supplies

Average stay.
    • Family Suite

The baggage was not offered to be handled by the check in staff, self have to carry it by own. The restaurant lacked choices and should have more on the menu. Taxi arrangements could not be arranged.

Good value for money in the heart of Macau
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The wifi is really bad Despite they are friendly , the staff doesn’t speak English The room was really cold and they didn’t had a heater for us

The location is good with easy access to everywhere

The size of the single bed is quite big.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Surrounded by night live. So its not advisable to travel with young children

The size of the single bed is quite big. 1,2m each. Easy to find food nearby. Located near the 24hour market with lower price.

Excellent accommodation, just love it.
    • Business Executive Twin Room

Bath tub is small for 2 person. No hug deal.

Room is big with king size bed. Nice and clean. Hotel gave us complimentary drinks and fresh fruits which is really nice.

Good value for money.
    • Family Suite

The smell of cigarettes everywhere, even in the room (despite the no-smoking reminders throughout the hotel). The breakfast quait in the Chinese style, a little bit difficult for the western tastes :)

Good value for money. Walking distance from down-town. The family room spacious enough, good bedding.

I liked the availability of transport/car from hotel to...
    • Special Offer - Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We stayed in the hotel for three nights occupying two rooms and upon checkout, the bellboy had only one trolley for the luggages of the two rooms. Two luggages and one hand carried bag were not accommodated at the trolley so I asked if he's coming back for them, and he said NO. Only one trip for the luggages! So we had to carry our bags downstairs! How I wish the staff could be more customer friendly.

I liked the availability of transport/car from hotel to airport. Our flight to Manila was 10:15pm and we left at around 6:30pm. If we were to ride a taxi to the airport, we would have needed two taxis for our luggages and my companions, (we were five adults and two children) and finding two taxis at that time would be next to impossible! The hotel provided us with a van at a reasonable price where all of us sat in comfort and all our luggages and hand carried items fully accommodated.

Stay is good. Only problem is the staff service.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The staff are not so friendly! They shoudve been more considerate of their guests in such situations. Also, its hard to converse with them since i dont speak the language.

To be fair, the room is spacious and i like the restroom too! :)

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was a short and sweet stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shuttle bus from the hotel never came to the ferry terminal. We had to take another hitel’s shuttle.

The hotel was well equipped. Especially with the smart phone which helped us move around.

Very comfortable room, convenient shuttle bus service, but disappointed by breakfast coupons.
    • Family Suite

We were not aware that the breakfast coupons were only for 3 people, even though the family room we booked was obviously for 4 people (the hotel even provided 4 towels). The hotel's policy of not giving free breakfast to all the guests did not make any sense.

Very comfortable room, which is to be expected for a hotel like this. It also provides shuttle bus service to and from the ferry terminal.

Room is big and great location but hotel requires deposit and additional charges...be aware.
    • Family Suite

The payment I made thru booking indicated all taxes and charges were included but when we checked in, the hotel charged us additional for local taxes. We were made to wait for our room to be prepared and yet they did not inform us that it was ready. It was not until I made follow up on the front desk that I was checked in and I learned that the front desk officer who entertained us was already out for break. Also, Booking did not disclose that hotel requires deposit even if you already paid for your room for possible other charges during stay.

The rooms are big and the location is great.

Good Location near to Lisboa!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit old and its kinda hidden behind buildings. Our floor and room are smelly as we were staying in the smoking floor, as we can't wait for few hours for the Non Smoking floor.

Location is very good. About 10 Minutes of walking to Wynn, Lisboa, MGM Hotel and about 15 to the Senado Square. There are 7/11, supermarket and restaurants behind and nearby. Also buses to Taipa just block away.

hotel is very near to the most visited places.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

i don’t really like the food (Breakfast) no new dish and same serve food everyday. The frontliner is really hard to speak and understand basic english. Frontliners should know how to speak and understand english so that they can easily approached the guest. MOST OF THE STAFF should also know the very basic need in a HOTEL OPERATION which is SMILE. LEARN TO SMILE sand DONT RUSH THINGS SPECIALLY IN THE RESERVATION AREA. I went there to extend the stay and we were 4 in the line but they’re very rushing and didn’t even smile and greet to the guests..

hotel is very near to the most visited places. Shuttle, cleanliness and SOME of the staff were very accommodating.

Value for money, Need not to stay in 6 stars hotel, but can enjoy neighbourhood hotel's service :)

Room is big and clean.

This hotel didn't provide shuttle bus service but opposite hotel - Star world has. I told the shuttle bus service provided by Star world hotel from ferry terminal. The staff from ferry terminal has given me clear indication on how to go about, it was very convenient to reach this hotel, just cross over the road. Going to Airport, need not to take any taxi, just cross over to Wynn Hotel, they have free shuttle bus to airport and they provided services even though you are not the customer of Hotel Wynn. In total, i will say is value of money staying in this hotel.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I can say I don’t like anything there because they keep asking money from us to change our room which is worst we already paid 300 to 400 more then that the hotel worth

We were non smoking floor but some Costemer was smoking and all smoke was in our room and corridor.we requested to change the room but staff just give one floor up which is more worsted the the first room more dirty and smelly.

Room Was Comfortable The Buffet Breakfast For the price Would recomend Staying or not
    • Family Suite

I Paid For a family room for 5 persons But only got 3 beds 1 Queem Two Singles big Nothing for child We were only given 3 Free Breakfast tickets Not good for a family man on budget. The Room only had two Cups for T and Coffee there Not 5 The hot water in the shower was great BUT having a blocked bath with a family of 5 I don't want to deal with this. So late showers while Maintenance unblocked the bath But the hotel did extend for a while at no charge.

Beds OK

It was comfortable and relaxing
    • Family Suite

Not much variety of the food. My mother and sisters were looking for rice during breakfast, but no rice! The drinks were too sweet and a lot of viands are too salty. We booked 4 people in booking.com but only 3 people were entitled for free breakfast so we need to pay extra $140 (for 2 days) and there's no free cancellation option if you really need to cancel your online booking.

The bed and the room were comfortable. The location was convenient.

Good value
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not really attarctive and the cushion on bed could have been more soft.

I think the room was clean and quiet. It looks comfortable and clean. Front desk was effective and polite, they were professional.

Try another hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Reception attitude was pathetic, will not give much info, they are too busy to answer ur questions. As soon as u enter the room, you wat items in room and their price, the visitor should pay for i case of damage or loss, pathetic idea. U don't feel comfortable to leave with those restriction in mind

Good

Don't stay here. I regretted.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poor for this price. Many others at better location at similar price. Lift always crowded and room key didn't work almost every time. Dirty and old. Asked for double bed during booking, but hotel was. ot aware and it was not possible to change as it was fully booked. Not all the staff were polite. Guests staying there were rowdy, probably the sauna visitors who are there to womanise.

none

4.5
    A nightmarish experience
    • Special Offer - Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Ourmood was totally spoilt by the front desk manager who made it very difficult for us when we requested to cancel one of the three rooms we booked as one of the our friends had to cut short her tour earlier due to leg injury. We had to wait at the lobby for almost 4 hours before being allowed to check in. We were so stressed & tired that we abandoned our holiday plans and checked out early the next day to wait for our evening flight home at the airport.

Overal ok but not worth money you pay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room (and bathroom) was not clean, sanitary low grade, I was charged more than I booked. when I was booking breakfast was included in the room charged but when I received the confirmation email, it was not included.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Staff , very RUDE ... won't reccommend this hotel . not worth staying:(
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The receptionist in their restaurant was very rude. We were late , came down 5 -10 mins for breakfast before they closed .She would't let us get anything from buffet so I spoke to Assistant Mgr and ask me , Do you want me to check in the CCTV what time did you come down? Wow ! I'm with my son and ask me What's wrong with the people nowadays ?:( So next morning we didn't go there again even though breakfast is included. We didn't want them to ruin our day...

nothing ... we only move because there were no more available rooms in the area.

Fair room rates + traditional and modern rooms
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff doesn't gives the guest a feeling of welcome, uncomfortable pillows

Fair room rates, nice and large rooms with modern equipment, good wifi connection and free PDA, good located, close convenience store, bus station

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Check in procedures too long, confused about prepayment ...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Check in procedures too long, confused about prepayment arrangement between booking.com and the hotel. Such methods easy to confused the consumer.The consumer worry about the procedures may caused double payments. And the check in counter need to explained that the flowchat to the consumer,but infact that the consumer just want the most easyway and safety way to finished this issues.

Macau weird stay
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning did not work properly, loud and persistant noise lasting 30 minutes in the middle of the night, available biscuits were outdated and the free / paying snacks were not clearly indicated !

Proximity to central Macau

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

average price performance ratio
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- I expect a hotel of that price to provide clean bedsheets with no (black) hair...well I am blonde, so I knew it wasn´t mine. Not a big deal, but for that price a "no go". - Although mentioned in the description, there were only a few staff members speaking english fluently. Especially with the breakfast staff it was hard, but I could deal with it. Though they were friendly! ;)

- The location was pretty good. - I am a big fan of Dim Sum and they served good Dim Sum for breakfast. Unfortunately I had to guess what I ordered, since the menu was only provided in english, but the result was still good.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

room was clean and big.
    • Family Suite

for just check out, we had to wait in queue about almost half an hour. check-out process was too long. and it's little bit hard to find its location.

room was clean and big. very comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Apart from the beds situation we enjoyed our stay in Emperor Hotel
    • Family Suite

When I booked I stated 4 adults & requested 4 separate beds & got confirmation re 4 separate beds. When we arrived we were told there was never any family suit with 4 beds. They are all 3 beds : 1 double & 2 single beds. We were very disappointed.

Liked the breakfast, great for the value.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The place are great but i had a hard time communicating with the staff.
    • Special Offer - Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's hard to communicate with the staff. No proficient in English. The instruction in booking is not clear, I thought I am already paid and I didn't bring the card I want to use for booking the room but I ended up using other card because I am unaware that the payment is not yet credited.

The facilities and amenities

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Just satisfactory!

Rooms are not ready for check in at 2:00 which is very late already. Rooms and carpets are not clean enough. The rude manner in which the waitress and male in charge spoke to us in chinese at breakfast. We were a family of five with two kids .... Seated but were asked to move to another table. Very inconvenient and seated on the way where people need to walk. There were many vacant tables but out of bounds.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

good location and cheap within Macau, just next to landmark...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

cannot get a room immediately when we arrive at 3 pm, staff services not impressive, bed and pillow not comfortable

good location and cheap within Macau, just next to landmark hotel

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Outstanding and clean....superb for a budget price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Mis communication at ferry terminal for shuttle bus that is belong to "Grand emperor hotel" instead of emperor hotel that end up the guest to walk with luggage for about 1/2 mile

Upgrade for same price

Big space
    • Family Suite

The hotel located away from the tourist attractions and surrounding with complicated gambling places.

Big space

Nice location

Rooms Getting old

Nice location

Old hotel not worth the price

Very old and run down

I'm very satisfied. I'm very relax And very comfortable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very nice and Compy bed, nice veiws

• Family Suite

Have some problems with the air conditioner

Location, location, location.

Pillow to soft.

Location, location, location...

not good

Everything...

Unfriendly and no flexibility, I left after the first night....not good and very old...

Location qise

Location qise

Could still improve on some small details to improve customer staying experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location abit far from major tourist area, although within walking distance. Free shuttle bus provided by frequent is once per hour.

Room was clean and quiet, location was good, easy to walk...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facilities and decoration were old

Room was clean and quiet, location was good, easy to walk around

Clean and comfy hotel in the city center.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Clean and comfy hotel in the city center. Didn't want to leave). Staff friendly and helpful.

Non-smoking room is just prefect for your stay with the price and location.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning is not so great on smoking room

Price and location are prefect.

Good value of money.
    • Family Suite

The wifi in the hotel doesn’t work

Can take the drinks from the fridge free of charge!

Good stay

No breakfast provided

Room rates is very expensive

Location good and convenient

Old furniture

Location good and convenient

Large rooms!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Large rooms! walking distance away to everywhere.

It’s comfortability and the cleanliness of the room

Your staffs aren’t that accomodating especially when we asked them about the shuttle service

It’s comfortability and the cleanliness of the room

Love the location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was nice and clean and the housekeeping is so nice

poorly maintained and cleaned

the hair in the room

near bus stop

Overall is good
    • Family Suite

I dint like sometimes I can heard the noise of elevator because our room next to elevator

Big room

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Queen Suite

Crowded elevators

This hotel do not provide complementary Bus transport to Macau Airport, Tourist spot e.g BORDER GATE
    • Family Suite

WIFI service very poor n bad reception most times

NO not tony expectations

It's a good hotel, no bad experience.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's a good hotel, no bad experience.

road warriors only
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Old, out used for road warriors only

Nothing at all

Nice and affordable
    • Family Suite

Location is perfect and enjoyed walking around the area

can book again

Wifi not.stable

The room is clean.n the pillow is very comfortable

Poor.

Staff not helpful .

Very old needs upgrading..

so so
    • Special Offer - Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room deposit was expensive and taking so long for waiting when paid by credit card.

Near 7-Eleven

Great experience. My 3rd stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Accessible easily to places we wanted to visit, the hotel being locayed downtown.

hotel rate to high

nice to stay

hotel rate to high

This is a hotel that I wouldn't like to stay again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Far too expensive for its standard, unfriendly staff and dirty facilities.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast staff do not smiles

The ideal and reality often have a gap.

Environment and staff general

The price is relatively cheap

Casino & watch stores are main catch for tourists
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is lousy, not too many to choose

Room was big, location is walking distance to MGM, Wynn but had to take taxi going Taipa

Awesome hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was nothing to complain.

The hotel was nice. The staffs of the hotel were so friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Perfect

Bed room and breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Room size and facilities
    • Family Suite

Communicating in English Language is a barrier which is common for whole of Macau

Room size and facilities

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The worst staff ever I have seen accept the cleaner
    • Business Executive Twin Room

Reception behavior and staff service. Tow slow and not responsible

Nothing special to like it

Browse Emperor Hotel traveller photo gallery